[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are transgender people mentally ill?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: 1462838336378.jpg (157 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1462838336378.jpg
157 KB, 720x960
Is it a mental illness or a physical illness?

What is a mental illness? Are all types of mental illness bad?
>>
duh! ppl with mental illness should be sent to ovens
>>
>>73848605
Stop sliding the board, this topic was JUST posted

>>73847816
>>
>>73848914
>sliding the board

shut the fuck up you nigger what makes you think I posted that.

I'm asking cause there is so much tranny shit lately.
>>
File: 48nwOyC.gif (1 MB, 418x272) Image search: [Google]
48nwOyC.gif
1 MB, 418x272
It's a mental illness. If someone believes that they are something that they are obviously (outside of physical appearance) not, there is clearly something wrong mentally.

If you're ill in any kind of way, I would consider that a bad thing.
>>
>>73849019
4 "what does /pol/ think about trannies" threads posted within 1 minute of each other. What are you trying to slide the board for?
>>
>>73848605
If I wanted to cut my right hand off would you call me mentally ill? Why is it different if I want to cut my dick off?
>>
Board being slid, 5 nearly identical "tranny" posts within minutes of each other.
>>73847816
>>73848605
>>73848246
>>73846154
>>73848466
>>
Let this thread die.
>>
>>73850895
>Let this thread die.

So you bump it.
>>
>>73848605

Mental illness is caused by biological abnormalities...

Transgenderism = birth defect.
>>
>>73848605
It's a mental illness, plain and simply.

Unfortunately, we're living in a decadent post-modern society where insanity is now normalized by "academics."
>>
Yes, its a mental disorder and I want to kill myself
>>
>>73848605
Yes. It's called gender dysphoria. Look it up
>>
Transgenderism is not a mental illness since gender means practically nothing now. Gender refers only to how a sex is expected to behave in a given society. In the west there are very few expectations on either sex to behave a certain way. Transgenderism isn't a thing. It doesn't really exist. If you ask any prefessional if it's a mental illness they will say no.

Transexualism on the other hand is a mental illness. That is the belief that you are inhabiting the body of the opposite sex. Wanting to mutilate yourself to achieve the body of the opposite sex certainly is self harm and is recognised as a mental illness. If you ever get into a discussion with someone about this use the correct term and know that you are 100% correct and back up by medicine in describing Transexualism are a mental illness.
>>
>>73848605
Every one of your faggots can fuck off back to /lgbt

There's like 8 Trap threads right now.

You want to stop violence toward sexual freaks Start by keeping it to yourself.
>>
>>73850895
how do we do that?
>>
It is in the DSM but I don't care. I am transsexual and I am fantastic.
>>
>>73848605
Explain to me how believing that you are physically something different then what your physical body is isn't a mental illness. Its is by its very definition a mental disconnect fueling a delusion, but apparently with this particular delusion its PC to enable it and pretend for that persons sake that its correct less we upset them.

How is it different from me believing that I am a vampire so now I must stay inside during the day and only drink blood cause its what I'm comfortable with.
>>
There's nothing inherently wrong with mental illness, and there's nothing wrong with having gender dysphoria. The degeneracy that is degrading our society is not the people suffering from a mental illness, it's the people attempting to normalise it and pandering to them. The media telling us that we should allow kids to undergo surgery and take hormones to transition, the "I'm 100% straight" faggots that fawn over traps and trans telling them that they're attractive and showering them with unwarranted attention, and the SJWs celebrating how 'brave' trans people are when they come out.
The trans community and those who support it are just as damaging to society, and to the general well-being of the individuals within it, as the tumblr communities that encourage self-harm and anorexia, but somehow the trans community has become widely accepted as 'normal' while the other communities like it remain small.

Gender dysphoria should be treated with counselling focussed on accepting the reality and bringing their mental identity more in line with their biological gender, NOT by allowing mentally ill people to undergo surgical mutilation to bring their physical appearance more in line with their damaged mental identity. People with body dysmorphia aren't given surgery, they're given therapy sessions. You don't put an anorexic under the knife to make them permanently thinner to fit with their delusions. We shouldn't be putting transgender people under the knife to fit with theirs either.
>>
>>73848605

>Are transgender people mentally ill?

Do you really need to ask?
>>
I'd love to write you a 10k word blurb about this shit but I've explained it far too many times to bother.

tl;dr transgenderism is a preventable mental illness that gets more common the more it becomes a topic, solution is to strictly and firmly neglect it. the same goes for homosexuality and most fetishism, of course this also means that it crops up every now and then even when firmly struck down, but this should not matter since they would never act out on or relay this to anyone.

mental illnesses are overstated, most of them mean literally nothing, the vast minority of the population have harmful illnesses like schizophrenia. killing yourself because your life sucks is not a mental illness, quite the opposite, likewise, being an attention whore by talking about "muh depression" and "muh self harm" is not a mental illness, it's just typical retard behaviour.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.