[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Critique Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /p/ - Photography

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 128
File: image.jpg (168 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
168 KB, 800x800
/p/ is Facebook trier when it comes it criticism, but instead of a Like you'll get "your shit sucks" or "kill yourself". While both of these answers are valid for most of the pictures posted on here, because your pictures are Facebook trier as well, they don't really help the photographer improve.
We've had critique threads in the past and they didn't really work out as well, everybody just posted their stuff and very few people actually left a critique. Let's try something new:

I'll take my time to leave you an in depth critique of your work. I'll analyze the technical aspects as well as the picture language. I'll try my best to help you improve and become a better photographer if you follow my simple rules:
>board rules apply
I won't critique at any needlessly large pictures
>no snapshits
I won't critique your holiday pictures or similar stuff, chose a picture you think is worth it
>tell me about your picture
What was your intention of doing it, what did you try to convey? I'll spend my time with your work, so I'm expecting you to help me understand your point of view. A little background is enough, you don't need to write an essay.

That's it. If any of you would like to join in and start a discussion I'd appreciate it. Let's talk about pictures on here for once.

>picture sauce: Karl Peters, Otto Steinert bei der Korrektur, 1965
In case anyone is interested.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2015 (Macintosh)
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2016:01:20 11:21:52
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width800
Image Height800
>>
>>2748538
while I like that people are willing to give critique, why not do in in the several photo threads still in the catalog?

(assuming you haven't already done so)

>>2747122
>>2736399
>>2747357
>>2745478
>>2747497
>>2746181
>>2746458
>>2742936
>>2739935
>>2746119
>>
File: Rome-TriX1600-#1-009.jpg (193 KB, 667x1000) Image search: [Google]
Rome-TriX1600-#1-009.jpg
193 KB, 667x1000
first of all, I'm happy (and a little impressed) to see a thread like this and I really hope it turns out well. You're helping making this board better.

I'm interested in your opinion on this shot I took at some busy shopping street at Rome. Already made a whole thread showing some of the shots, but it's gone now.. shot bw film at night and had to push it to 1600 to get some useable shutter speeds, hence the grain. Didn't do anything to the scan except for stamping out dust. Someone suggested straightening it, but as this means cropping out parts that were in the original frame, I chose not to.

thank you in advance and if you don't mind I can also give my opinion on the photos of others.

>>2748553
because only few people open threads for their photos due to the "critique" usually given in RPT. I guess especially beginners are less likely to open their own thread when single shots they took are already called "shit" in some RPT before.

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.7.1 (Windows)
Image Created2016:01:09 23:48:56
>>
File: IMG_6327ss.jpg (905 KB, 1600x1343) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6327ss.jpg
905 KB, 1600x1343
2 landscape shots stitched to make a square because I put a lot of images on insta. Been trying to experiment with pushing saturation in an eye pleasing way, tweaking the hue and altering saturation in relation to specific luminosities. There isn't much meaning to the image its more of a technical/asthetic attempt

Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 5D Mark II
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC (Macintosh)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.8
Image Width3983
Image Height3342
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Pixel CompositionRGB
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2016:01:20 12:13:39
Exposure Time1/1000 sec
F-Numberf/5.6
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating100
Lens Aperturef/5.6
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeCenter Weighted Average
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length28.00 mm
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width1600
Image Height1343
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceManual
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
File: 400tx-9.jpg (192 KB, 650x431) Image search: [Google]
400tx-9.jpg
192 KB, 650x431
I was trying to capture her patient endurance; it was a very windy day.

Equipment MakeNORITSU KOKI
Camera ModelEZ Controller
Camera SoftwareEZ Controller 6.20.027 (141211)
Image Created2016:01:05 16:22:34
>>
>>2748577
I generally like the mood it creates, but the foreground and especially the rock on the lower right are a little too dark in my opinion. Did you add some vignette?

>>2748578
I like the tones and composition in this one, especially the whole lower part leading to her face which is framed by that poncho. I'd suggest burning the person on the left a little, but apart from that I like the shot.
>>
>>2748580
thanks, yeah I added quite a lot, I guess you're right its a bit too crushed at the bottom, can't see much in that corner
>>
File: Silver Spring in the Spring.jpg (867 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
Silver Spring in the Spring.jpg
867 KB, 1024x683
Taken at a local metro station. I tried to capture the sense of busyness one gets watching the street from the platform.

Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS REBEL T3i
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.3 (Windows)
PhotographerK.B. Mensah
Image Created2015:07:23 15:25:59
Exposure Time1/3200 sec
F-Numberf/1.8
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating100
Lens Aperturef/1.8
Exposure Bias0 EV
Focal Length50.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
>>
>>2748949
That's funny, it's a very calm picture IMO. Blur and warm colours give it a day dreaming kind of feel.
>>
>>2748949
I like the composition and the colors/light, but if your aim was to show the busy street, then I would have preferred the street being in focus. This is just my personal preference, but I like to capture what my eye sees and when looking at the street from this position, everything that is in focus in your photo would not be in focus to my eye.
On the other hand, I guess the composition wouldn't have worked at all that way and the street does not seem to be that busy. Even stopped down it would have been very hard to get everything in focus in that situation, but it might be worth a try.
>>
File: 89910022.jpg (408 KB, 1544x1024) Image search: [Google]
89910022.jpg
408 KB, 1544x1024
thx for the thread!
I like the softness simultaneous to the richness here.I know the contrasts are low but the film (Pro400H) is like that and I like it that way. High-contrast color-saturated pictures are all over the place. Other than that, what am I trying to say? I am atheist. Religion is being bashed all over western countries, but small town religion with churches filled with elderly doesnt have much to do with histerical media religion.

Camera ModelQSS-30
Camera SoftwareMicrosoft Windows Photo Gallery 6.0.6001.18000
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2016:01:20 18:36:25
Image Width1544
Image Height1024
Unique Image ID7E3AA335773E455E9DA31BC323AC3826
>>
>>2749005
been looking at this photo for quite some time and at first I thought the colors were muted, until I realized the greens and red are right on point. So you're absolutely right about the softness/richness part and the grain adds a very nice structure to it.
However, I wonder if you consider the little table and the part of the wall on the left crucial elements of the photo. I would have excluded those from the frame putting the figurines in 3rds and maybe lower the perspective a little in order to give the room a little more depth.
>>
>>2749021
thank you very much for the feedback. I definitly have problems with framing, and tend to neglet the sides. And yes the left side is particularly messy. I should work on that. thx again.
>>
>>2749036
you're welcome. Keep in mind that this is only my opinion and the way I would have done it. There are certainly other options..
>>
I'm sorry I know it's shit, just tell me what I can do better. Trying to start moving in a better direction
>>
>>2749049
>I know it's shit, just tell me what I can do better
why do you think so? First of all stop considering your own work shit, especially when you're learning.
Was it possible to get to some elevated position here? The water could have become a nice line leading the eye through the photo, but from the position you took the shot from, you cut the stream in unconnected halfs.
Some people would argue that using some ND filter would have created a fog-like effect of the running water, but I'm not a fan of this generally.
You could have tried to take a similar shot from the stone on the right using the water to get a diagonal line into your shot - if it was possible to reach this stone safely of course.
Considering the technical aspects of your shot, I have to say that the sky appears to be completely blown (pure white with no detail at all).
Generally, when doing landscape, it has become common to have some interesting element in the front and the landscape itself in the back.. this might have improved your photo a lot.
>>
>>2749049
>>2749065
cont.: another apect when doing these kinds of shots is considering light - photography is nothing else but capturing light. I usually don't shoot landscapes at all, but when I do it's because the landscape itself is interesting or the light creates something I think is special; e.g. dusk/dawn creating some interesting look.
Examples:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/dipluridae/21628717894/in/dateposted-public/ - overcooked I guess
https://www.flickr.com/photos/dipluridae/16510068906/in/dateposted-public/ - rather boring and the only thing I like about it is the light.
>>
File: DSC_0207dicks.jpg (1 MB, 3580x2380) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0207dicks.jpg
1 MB, 3580x2380
Where would I place the focus on this picture?

Equipment MakeNIKON CORPORATION
Camera ModelNIKON D3200
Camera SoftwareVer.1.00
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.7
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Color Filter Array Pattern41202
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)75 mm
Image Created2015:09:11 17:36:36
Exposure Time1/40 sec
F-Numberf/2.8
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating200
Exposure Bias0.7 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length50.00 mm
Image Width6016
Image Height4000
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
Gain ControlNone
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
Subject Distance RangeUnknown
ISO Speed Used200
Image QualityFINE
White BalanceAUTO
Focus ModeMANUAL
Flash Compensation0.0 EV
ISO Speed Requested200
Flash Bracket Compensation0.0 EV
AE Bracket Compensation0.0 EV
Lens TypeNikon D Series
Lens Range50.0 mm; f/1.8
Shooting/Bracketing ModeSingle Frame/Off
Noise ReductionOFF
Camera Actuations2374
>>
File: Untitled-2s.jpg (890 KB, 1000x666) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-2s.jpg
890 KB, 1000x666
I recently put together a small collection of my work and would like to hear what others think of (if I have any) my direction: averybibeau.com
>>
>>2749073
That second one isn't boring at all, it captures a beautiful scene but its not really that great looking.
>>
File: DSC_1269.jpg (2 MB, 3000x2000) Image search: [Google]
DSC_1269.jpg
2 MB, 3000x2000
Hey just got my first camera for Christmas and I'm really enjoying it right now. Could you give me some feedback on this picture. I like the colors because they really pop but is the subject really all that interesting?

Camera ModelNIKON D3300
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 6.1.1 (Windows)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/4.0
Color Filter Array Pattern816
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)82 mm
Image Created2016:01:19 20:40:28
Exposure Time1/1600 sec
F-Numberf/5.6
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating100
Lens Aperturef/5.6
Exposure Bias3.3 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length55.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
Gain ControlNone
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>2749065
>>2749073
Thank you so much for your input, only reason I call it shit is because I really don't know what I'm doing, and it was taken on a phone. People just seem to take things seriously on this board
>>
>>2749075
well, that depends on what your main subject is supposed to be. I guess I would have chosen something around f/5.6-8 and put the focus on the front of the chessboard trying to get the whole chessboard in focus.

>>2749076
the first and penultimate ones from your people section are great, I really like those as they show you understand on how to work with light. Some others look like there's just a person in the photo and they are missing that interesting light aspect. Your landscape stuff is solid, just sad about the sensor flare in the one you posted here. From your "things" section (bad name) I like the last one, but I'd straighten it a little.

>>2749077
I'm surrounded by these scenes all the time.. maybe that's why it's nothing special to me anymore.

>>2749079
interestingness is highly subjective and to me this is not that much interesting, but I like the contrast of red and green you got in here - this is what makes it pop out. I would have tried to get the board into focus as well. Anyway, hope you keep shooting and enjoying what you do.. this is more important than delivering A+ work all the time.

>>2749082
you're welcome. To me, the camera/gear matters less than the moment/scene it captured and I rarely check exif anyway. The only shot I did in this thread was >>2749075 to see if the aperture I suggest was possible.
>>
File: DSC_1443.jpg (1 MB, 3000x2000) Image search: [Google]
DSC_1443.jpg
1 MB, 3000x2000
>>2749094
Ahh yes I was trying to get the board into focus but there was some other shit in the background.
I really like this picture it makes me feel calm. Wondering what other people think about this one.

Camera ModelNIKON D3300
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 6.1.1 (Windows)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/4.6
Color Filter Array Pattern816
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)52 mm
Image Created2016:01:19 20:40:47
Exposure Time1/1000 sec
F-Numberf/5.6
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating100
Lens Aperturef/5.6
Exposure Bias3.3 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length35.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
Gain ControlNone
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>2749102
it certainly has better light than the other one.. something that instantly hooks me. Although it shows less than the first one, I like it better. The sky is nice and I like the contrast between warm light and dark shadow on that antenna(?). The upper right corner distracts a little, tho.
If you keep on shooting and keep these shots around, you're going to look at them in a few years and ask yourself "why?" you took them.. a question that is frequently asked in RPT on this board. Here's the answer: Because you thought it was interesting and this is the only reason needed for releasing the shutter. But keep in mind what I wrote before.. interestingness is subjective and your opinion on these shots might change as you gain more knowledge in theoretical and technical aspects of photography.
Just don't get overly obsessed with these aspects, otherwise it might ruin the fun of shooting.
>>
File: tree_struggle.jpg (663 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
tree_struggle.jpg
663 KB, 1000x667
The idea was to capture the nature fighting for survival on this cliff during the winter.

The rock on the left should catch your attention and establish the unique harshness of this particular place. It should also lead you towards the dead tree hinting the vegetation is not welcomed here. Then you continue to the leafless tree in the middle right that serves as a middleman for you to notice the small pine behind. Surprisingly it seems to be doing just fine.
There might be a hope for trees after all.
From the hopeful pine it's just small step towards the hazy peak on the horizon, which is nicely framed by the branch above it. Kinda.
That peak is one of the prettier mountains around here yet it takes only a little space on the picture and it's barely noticeable in the haze. It's the small reward for the observant viewer to discover at the end. Staring at it you should wonder about how the trees are faring over there.

Or maybe it's just a poorly framed snapshit retconned with bullshit story.

Equipment MakeFUJIFILM
Camera ModelX-T10
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2015 (Windows)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.0
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)27 mm
Image Created2016:01:20 14:12:06
Exposure Time1/500 sec
F-Numberf/7.1
Exposure ProgramAperture Priority
ISO Speed Rating200
Lens Aperturef/7.1
Brightness8.9 EV
Exposure Bias-0.3 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
Focal Length18.00 mm
Image Width1000
Image Height667
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>2749108
Lol I forgot to crop this image to get rid of that corner. Yes I take these photos for myself but I like to share them with other people and get a new set of eyes to look at them. Thanks for making this thread I really enjoy it.
>>
>>2749120
Loving this shot. It seems to be split in thirds. I've always liked triptics. The story is cute too even if it might be made up on the spot.
>>
>>2749120
when breaking down that frame it becomes obvious that it fits your thoughts on leading the eye quite well and I totally understand your intention described here.. although I might be biased by reading it.
At first sight, the dead tree seems to be embedded in the rock, but when you keep looking at it, you notice it being divided from the harsh rock by the shadow on the left part of it. I like the framing and composition.

>>2749121
Taking photos for yourself is never bad.
I did not make the thread, but I enjoy helping by giving actual C&C.. something I'm missing in RPT myself.
>>
>>2749094
Thanks for the input (>>2749076)
I might edit down the people section. There are some in there I wasn't too sure about and you pointing out what separates them will help.

I don't normally like object studies, and the first image in my "Things" category most certainly doesn't fit with the others. I'm not sure what else to call this as I don't want it to just be a miscellaneous section for everything I don't want to categorize.
>>
File: 20303359578_80b8af6235_k.jpg (2 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
20303359578_80b8af6235_k.jpg
2 MB, 2048x1536
Something I took a couple of months before, trying to take photo's of bands.

Got hurt badly in the mosh pit, but it was worth it.
>>
File: Americans.jpg (91 KB, 650x437) Image search: [Google]
Americans.jpg
91 KB, 650x437
>>2748563
I get a Robert Frank vibe, im diggin it.
(New to this shit so cant really help)
But if i may ask what you shot with and what stamping out dust means?

Equipment MakeNewcolorV2 3.0899457932 1.0899456739 1.6557879448 1.6557879448 0.15000000596
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS3 Macintosh
Image Width4532
Image Height3035
Compression SchemeUncompressed
Pixel CompositionUnknown
Image Created2008:12:11 18:13:38
Image Width650
Image Height437
>>
>>2748968
>>2748949
I disagree, its bright and vibrant even though the colors are warm. The juiciness of it makes it feel busy. Good job dude.
>>
have to go to sleep.. almost 4am here. going to continue tomorrow.

>>2749145
can't come up with a better name for the section either. Thought about "abstract", but the first shot wouldn't fit then.

>>2749151
it's always worth it.. that's why it's so much fun.
I like how you used the flash in combination with lower shutter speed (1/60-1/30s I guess). What I generally don't like are color keys, don't ask me why, but these are just not my cup of tea. Regarding the composition I can only say that I'd prefer him being on the right side of the frame as he's now looking outside of the frame and the whole right side is more or less empty. Although I generally don't like cropping, the shot might benefit from a portrait crop here. I totally understand that under the described circumstances it must have been hard to get this shot.

>>2749154
thanks, shot this with Bessa and CV 35mm on Tri-X. I usually clean my negatives before scanning them, but sometimes small dust particles are still visible and I'm using the stamp tool in photoshop to get rid of them.
>>
>>2749075
Id say the center pawn, as well i think there is too much going on. Maybe try just taking out the bag on the left? The wine goes with the colors i like that part.
>>
File: 15467015008_af210508fc_k.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
15467015008_af210508fc_k.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1536
>>2749160
Hopefully this one is better.
>>
>>2749120
I really love the framing, my only tiff is that the sky makes the picture too friendly with how blue it is i think. If you were to edit at all id say darken the sky some how and put a slight emphasis on the pine? im probably being over critical though, good shot.
>>
File: IMG_9268p.jpg (143 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9268p.jpg
143 KB, 1000x667
>>2748538
I like taking photos of motorsport

I pretty much got lucky with this, was doing pans at 1/30s as the sun was getting low, then bmwbro overshot his braking point and flew past me as pictured

Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 60D
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2014 (Windows)
Image Created2015:11:08 23:53:57
Exposure Time1/30 sec
F-Numberf/13.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating100
Lens Aperturef/13.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePartial
Focal Length135.00 mm
Image Width1000
Image Height667
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
>>
File: Rojo 4chan.jpg (137 KB, 599x1000) Image search: [Google]
Rojo 4chan.jpg
137 KB, 599x1000
I was experimenting in photoshop with some kind of collage.

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS5 Windows
Image Created2016:01:14 03:10:37
Image Width599
Image Height1000
>>
File: leetlefrog.jpg (195 KB, 3133x2085) Image search: [Google]
leetlefrog.jpg
195 KB, 3133x2085
I mostly experiment w/ macros, this is one of my first shots w/ an actual person in it. thoughts?
>>
>>2749276
you missed focus
>>
File: flower.jpg (2 MB, 4592x3056) Image search: [Google]
flower.jpg
2 MB, 4592x3056
what about this one here? (it's not upside down, the flower was just kinda tilting over)
>>
>>2749169
Thank you. I understand what you mean. The sky indeed was unusually blue that day and it might be conflicting a little with the mood of the picture.

>>2749125
>>2749129
Thank you for your comments. I often struggle with correct framing/composition on my hikes and I feel that sometimes they only make sense to me. Glad this one kinda translates to others too.
>>
Great thread mates.
>>
>>2748563
TriX and street photography go hand in hand as far back as I can remember, it's my favorite film by far, so I can't say anything negative about the aesthetic of the picture at all. Your shadows and highlights, as well as the graduation are on point.
I wouldn't straighten or crop at all, this is street photography, no architecture or german objectivity. Street photography lives from the journalistic approach and straight lines wouldn't add to the picture at all. Keep it authentic.

I love the dynamic the light adds to the couple in the foreground. I always love to interpret shots and you are definitely telling a story right here.
The way the people are lit you put the woman in a position of power. Her strict look, well dressed appearance make her feel dominant over her man. He's in the shadow, caring her groceries.
He fact that you can't see his face next to her strong expression really make this picture. Nice job, great way to start the thread.

>>2748577
There isn't much meaning to the image its more of a technical/asthetic attempt
You certainly achieved that. I've been searching for the stich mark quite a while now but can't find anything.
I know people that would call the colors too unnatural and I would agree if the green tint in the sky would be in a portrait but it really works here. The color of the sky works, the clouds (especially on the right) are awesome and the sky is well exposed.
The bottom half of the picture is what makes it though. You go from a nice sunset to a landscape shot. I find that swampland or whatever to very interesting, because I don't have anything like that anywhere near. You could crop out the sky and I would still like it.
I have to agree with the bottom right corner though, a little more details would be good, but that doesn't make the picture anything less pleasing. Thanks!
>>
>>2748578

No critique really, just wanted to say that I think it's a great shot!
>>
File: anders.jpg (74 KB, 836x627) Image search: [Google]
anders.jpg
74 KB, 836x627
Thoughts?
>>
>>2749457

its a cool photo that you didnt make. grow up.
>>
>>2748578
TriX again or just something similar?
Great shot from a technical standpoint. If we look for relevant shadows and highlights we can find the hat and the scarf, both have their details visible. I also very fond of your DoF, everything that needs to be in focus is.
I agree with vosh about the person on the left, I'd get rid of him as well. Growing up very Dusseldorfstyle, I would also center her, but that's just me.

I absolutely love her expression and the fact that the coat takes up most of the image. The huge "empty" face and the contrast of her face look comedic at first, but as soon as you spot the hat, the scarf and the fact that her hood is pushed to the right by all the wind make me feel the cold, wet wind out there.
I really, really like this image, well done.

>>2748949
>I tried to capture the sense of busyness one gets watching the street from the platform.
Yet your street is pretty empty and there are only a few people to see. You have to remember that most of us don't know that street, we as a viewer look at it different as you do. You know that it's busy street, we wouldn't if you hadn't told us.
Your aperture surprisingly works well here, in theory. Even though your main topic is out of focus, the bokeh creates a unrest on the left side of the frame. That unrest is further enhanced by your very strict composition of everything else. The right side of the frame is very flat and leveled, the street stands out and breaks that calm compassion.
Everything works technically, I only wish there were more cars and people and flashing bokeh.
>>
File: and.jpg (120 KB, 839x627) Image search: [Google]
and.jpg
120 KB, 839x627
And this one. Happy with this one. I don't think this one would look out of place in a pros portfolio so it must be OK.
>>
>>2749458
What are you talking about?
>>
>>2748949

Not really digging the post-processing to be honest, I think you pushed your look too far.

Compositionally I would say it's quite flat (sign, fence, car park, buildings) although the street disappearing into background does give a hint of depth. As for the subject it's just a sign, not really of any interest.

Did not enjoy, sorry.
>>
>>2749180

Yawn.

Just remember back to how many people were standing next to you taking the exact same shot, then think about how many times that exact same shot has been done on other days, then at other race tracks. It's been done to death and will have literally no interest to anybody who isn't into cars.

If you were to improve it (but I wouldn't bother) would have been good to get something in the near foreground for a bit more depth; maybe a barrier, or a silhouette of a person.
>>
>>2749005
Very strong work.
I don't think I have to say anything about the technical aspect here, everything works perfectly.
The low contrast and the low saturation are great.

The way the light leads you to the virgin mary statue is a great metaphor. Out of the darkness, into the light, you've heard it all before. Yet the way is blocked by stuff, you can't just reach her that easy. What absolutely makes that picture is the "buy your candles here" stand right in front of her. It almost seems like you have to pay an entrance free to salvation.

I have to disagree with vosh on this one, I think the framing is perfect the way it is. The table and the wall on the left add religious symbolism (I know, it's not lacking that anywhere else) but most importantly let you walk into a room. We have to wander into the virgin mary room with our eyes just like we would need to if we were there. We need to make our way to her and aren't put directly in front of her, once again acting as a metaphor to make your way to religion.

I'd really like to see this worked out into a series. If you have any other or get the chance to shoot more like that, pls link me to the thread.

>>2749049
I think vosh already provided you with very valid feedback here. Especially the light part.
Is that a location near you in order to do a reshoot? I would love to see your improvement.
>>
>>2749460

>I don't think this one would look out of place in a pros portfolio so it must be OK.

M8, don't compliment your own work in a crit thread!

The subject is quite good, not sure about his pose though, do you have any other photos from this shoot with different options?

The post processing is a bit iffy, the colour palette seems nice, I like how you've kept some clean-ish whites but there's something weird going on in the background bokeh like you've over sharpened or something.
>>
>>2749468
it's a Magnum photograph by Christopher Anderson. He probably wanted to b8 people into trashing his picture by being somewhat cocky so he could reply with the good old >le I trolld you xDD bullshit
>>
File: $_3.jpg (21 KB, 500x406) Image search: [Google]
$_3.jpg
21 KB, 500x406
>>2749075
A little tip on focusing. See pic related? The green writing on the lens is there to determine your DoF. Focus on the nearest part of the object you want in focus, put your finger on the yellow writing (focus distance) and now focus on the furthest away part of the thing you want in focus and put another finger on the yellow writing that is know on top.
Now take the middle of both of these numbers and look where your fingers are on the green writing. They should be on the same F stop. If you chose that, your DoF will always be perfect.

I have no idea how to explain that better, I hope you understand.

>>2749076
I'll take a look at your website in depth this afternoon and will leave you feedback for it all.

>>2749079
It's a very turbulent image, since you have a lot of structures going on.
No calm it a little, I would have tried to take one or two steps to the left. That way the palmtree and the basket wouldn't overlap each other. By taking a picture you take a three dimensional space and make it two dimensional, so you always have to rethink how things in the background can affect your subject. There are countless portraits of portraits that look like there is something growing out of a persons head in the background for example.
The sky should be taken in consideration as well. A cloudy sky will always add a little drama to a picture. A clear blue or overcast sky will not. You can use that to create certain moods.

Definitely keep shooting stuff, look at pictures you like and try to analyze why they work, come back for criticism and you'll shoot nice stuff in no time.

>>2749102
In addition to vosh: what's that on the top right?
>>
>>2749477
>>>2749102
>In addition to vosh: what's that on the top right?
Disregard that, just noticed that he addressed it
>>
>>2749151
>>2749167
I'm a huge fan of gritty concert stuff that puts you right in the action. Getting hurt a little is part of that, I'm happy as long as I don't get my equipment covered in beer.
Selective color almost never works. It's the cheapest way of telling someone to look at something. I don't think you need that in a picture of a dude wearing chameleon glasses, even though the toxic green works really well in combination with the black and white.

I dig the use of empty space more than vosh seems to do, but only after I saw the second picture. If we would only see the first, it wouldn't be clear what was going on, as we don't see a venue or the mic (of the most part). As a single concert picture this would't work because it lacks information, but as a set with others it definitely does as these pictures tend to break up the series a little and add variety.

You captured the essence of these small underground shows perfectly. These's sweat and grain, energy and movement. Awesome stuff.

>>2749180
I must admit that I have no idea about motorsport and the pictures taken there. I'd highly suggest checking out the Motor Madness thread here, they seem to know what they are doing >>2715960

All I can say here is from an motor amateur standpoint. I love the sense of speed and your panning looks on point. The spot you chose to photograph is great, since the road and the other cars in the background add a lot more than your usual track picture. Sorry I'm not able to talk about anything else.
>>
>>2749469

I got well a truly "trolled", this thread made me forget I was on 4chan for a fleeting moment.
>>
>>2749167
this one is certainly better than the first one. The noise even adds to it giving it a look I like - almost like film. Sure, the highlight is blown and the shadows are crushed, but I'm perfectly ok with that.

>>2749180
good job on panning here and I like the street leading the eye through the image. Subjectwise this is just not my cup of tea and I cannot really say much more than that. Did you crop it or is this 1:1 the shot you took?

>>2749191
I don't get this.. is there some mirror or did you completely do this in post? Anyway, I like it.. the silhouette with the head behind that tag making it look almost like a crown and the orange/black contrast make it look interesting.

>>2749276
sure, >>2749277 is right and you certainly missed the focus here. Anyway, everything is still visible and the only thing I would have changed is getting a little closer so that the wrist would start at the right side of the frame. This way however the frog would be almost central which might work here.

>>2749282
sorry, not much to say about this one. It's a flower and you got so close that there is no context at all. I guess your aim was exactly that, so it's ok.

>>2749457
>>2749461
maybe about the fact that this is some Anders shot? Are you Christoph Anders?
Anyway, here's what I think about it: The background is well framed and you immidiately know which city this is, the graffiti that seem to block the view even add to this.

>>2749460
I like this shot, but I would have framed it a little different putting him more on the right side of the frame. His physical shape totally allows to put him on the dominant side of the frame and by doing so you would have led the viewers eye diagonally through the frame as the viewers eyes follow his eyes.
>>
File: 1.jpg (147 KB, 779x517) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
147 KB, 779x517
Travel stuff. Mix of street and a landscape.

Pixel CompositionRGB
Image Width779
Image Height517
>>
File: 2.jpg (157 KB, 775x514) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
157 KB, 775x514

Pixel CompositionRGB
Image Width775
Image Height514
>>
File: 3.jpg (72 KB, 340x514) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
72 KB, 340x514

Pixel CompositionRGB
Image Width340
Image Height514
>>
File: 4.jpg (137 KB, 772x509) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
137 KB, 772x509
And one in color (looks good in B&W too I think. Not sure).

Pixel CompositionRGB
Image Width772
Image Height509
>>
>>2749453
many thanks, glad other people interpret exactly the way I did. When my gf saw the shot she just asked why I took photos of people we don't know. Color for her and the holiday shots, tri-x for me was my answer.

>>2749494
>Travel stuff. Mix of street and a landscape.
uh, this is exactly the stuff I like.. visit other cities, get out of your comfort zone and try to include well known landmarks.
In this shot however I'm missing something.. We see 4 people on stairs with only little action and even less interaction. The composition here underlines this even more: We see the two guys on the right talking to each other, the guy on the left looking out of the frame and well positioned on the left third the girl who goes completely unnoticed by all others. So your composition is quite good and I cannot even tell you what I'm missing.

>>2749495
I like the play of light and shadow in this one as well as the leading lines and just when you don't know what to look at at the end of these lines you see that very small person crossing the bridge. The only thing I would have done a little different here was to centralize it a little more (a little step to the right), but apart from that I totally get your idea behind that shot and like it.

>>2749497
in this shot the centralized perspective gives the photo itself very little space to develop. You got that woman right into your face. You could have used the line on the pavement and the buildings on the left as leading lines decentralizing the shot, but leading the eye towards that woman. Tilting your camera only a little giving more empty space in the foreground would have created that effect.

>>2749499
well seen and done. the amount of sky with this interesting light/shadow on the clouds, as well as the green triangle separating the village from the field really make this interesting to look at.
>>
>>2749493
* Anderson.. shame on me
>>
>>2749180
>>2749493

I cropped a little off the top right, just to balance out the frame a tad

had to look at the raw to confirm that lel, so it was a very minor crop
>>
>>2749526
well done/framed in that case
>>
File: _MG_4643s.jpg (193 KB, 667x1000) Image search: [Google]
_MG_4643s.jpg
193 KB, 667x1000
I wanted to show the winter we are having here , as well as the leading movement wich is upwards.

Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 400D DIGITAL
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS6 (Windows)
Photographerunknown
Image Width2592
Image Height3888
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image Created2016:01:18 13:31:55
Exposure Time1/250 sec
F-Numberf/4.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating100
Lens Aperturef/4.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeAverage
Focal Length50.00 mm
Image Width667
Image Height1000
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceManual
>>
File: _MG_4645s.jpg (385 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
_MG_4645s.jpg
385 KB, 1000x1000
this will show the environment

Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 400D DIGITAL
Photographerunknown
Image Width2484
Image Height2484
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image Created2016:01:18 13:32:09
Exposure Time1/250 sec
F-Numberf/4.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating100
Lens Aperturef/4.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeAverage
Focal Length50.00 mm
Image Width1000
Image Height1000
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceManual
>>
>>2749571
already saw this in a RPT before and liked it. Composition is nice and the person gets almost lost in the frame, but on the other hand breaks the white/orange part. The airplane makes the sky interesting and justifies adding so much of it.

>>2749573
here he also looks a little misplaced due to his dark clothes vs. light background, but I have to say that I prefer the first one much better.
>>
File: antipastiforlunch.jpg (5 MB, 4500x3000) Image search: [Google]
antipastiforlunch.jpg
5 MB, 4500x3000
Just bought a Nikon D5300. Have the kit 18-55mm and went out and bought the 35mm f/1.8g.
Noob as anything.
Tell it to me straight

Camera ModelNIKON D5300
Camera SoftwareVer.1.00
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.7
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)52 mm
Image Created2016-01-22T01:14:49-13:00
Exposure Time1/80 sec
F-Numberf/2.8
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating250
Lens Aperturef/2.8
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length35.00 mm
Image Width4500
Image Height3000
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypePortrait
Gain ControlNone
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>2749574
>here he also looks a little misplaced due to his dark clothes vs. light background
What do you mean by that ? Main point and composition i wanted and what is , is centered .
>>
>>2749576

You don't need to post your photographs so large, 1000 on the long side is fine, it's the first thing on the sticky.

The lighting is nice, there's a good big natural source coming from camera left. I know it was just a quick shot but even getting a friend to hold a bit of white paper as bounce to fill in shadows would have worked well for this.

The focus feels a little bit too shallow, it would have been good to increase ISO and stop down to get more in focus. Also could have tried out shifting focus closer - remember the acceptable sharpness of your DOF starts 1/3 in front of focal point and falls away 2/3 behind focal point

Composition - would have been good to take lens height up slightly then tilted down to get the full board in and remove the peoples legs/feet in top right.

Presentation - the meat needs a bit of dressing, maybe tuck the fat out the way. There are also some spots of liquid on right of frame on table which is very ugly.
>>
>>2749598
I'll post smaller next time.
Thanks for the tips.
Especially about the DOF. I'll take it on board.
The only thing I disagree with is the fat. It is supposed to be like that. It's aged prosciutto! ;)
>>
>>2749585
I mean he looks like he doesn't belong in the setting.. but in a positive way as this gives great emphasis on him. The surroundings are all in warm or white colors, but he has dark clothes and sticks out very much.

>>2749576
looks tasty, but I would have tried to get the whole thing into focus and not just the meat. Except you tried to shoot for some anti veggie campaign.
>>
File: Scan-140428-0009.jpg (445 KB, 691x1001) Image search: [Google]
Scan-140428-0009.jpg
445 KB, 691x1001
>>
>>2749619
nice tones, but regarding the subject I'm missing context.. the way you present him makes me feel like he's just some guy on the street.
>>
File: 20150730-DSC05113.jpg (576 KB, 2744x1538) Image search: [Google]
20150730-DSC05113.jpg
576 KB, 2744x1538
This is a self portrait. I'm trying to get better at portraiture so any tips would be appreciated. This was just taken against a white wall with a bright lamp, I'm working on getting studio equipment.

Equipment MakeSONY
Camera ModelSLT-A37
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 6.1 (Windows)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.8
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)45 mm
Image Created2015:07:30 20:31:22
Exposure Time1/160 sec
F-Numberf/3.2
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating400
Lens Aperturef/3.2
Brightness2.6 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceCool White Fluorescent
Focal Length30.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceManual
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>2749654
looks like something went wrong in post. I don't think your camera shows this amount of noise at ISO400, or is this some DSLR scan?
As you wrote you used a lamp for lighting this, I guess the whole left part of your face being black has been done by purpose? Composition is ok here, but don't add that much clarity.
>>
File: SAM_1395.jpg (604 KB, 1300x731) Image search: [Google]
SAM_1395.jpg
604 KB, 1300x731
I'm always missing constructive criticism so I'm really happy for this thread. I took on photography a couple of years ago, I got really little time to do it and the most improvements happened recently. These are my two favs from the past months

Equipment MakeSAMSUNG
Camera ModelNX30
Camera SoftwarePhotoScape
Image Created2016:01:15 22:00:04
Exposure Time30 sec
F-Numberf/7.1
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating100
Lens Aperturef/7.1
Exposure Bias1/10 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length18.00 mm
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceManual
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
File: SAM_1545b.jpg (773 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
SAM_1545b.jpg
773 KB, 1200x800

Equipment MakeSAMSUNG
Camera ModelNX30
Image Created2015:10:11 17:43:15
Exposure Time1/100 sec
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating400
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceManual
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
File: 1408420108965.jpg (1002 KB, 1118x1116) Image search: [Google]
1408420108965.jpg
1002 KB, 1118x1116
>>2749747

ok ill bite this. not a wowzer, but has certainly some charm, its pleasant to watch. id crop the ceiling, too much nothingness there. the tones are a bit fucked by color casts, too red/magenta in the highlights; also that nasty tungsten yellow, try correcting these for a more pleasant view. id lower the saturation too.

>>2749750
this one is cool. there is pretty clear quadrant there (akin to pic related), so its geometrically interesting, along with the amusing subject. id shoop out the letters in the wall. maybe. would work the colors out so they reinforce the composition and the quadrant thing.

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS5.1 Macintosh
Image Created2012:09:04 10:39:10
Image Width1118
Image Height1116
>>
>>2749763
This is incredible, how in the hell were you able to naturally split nature up in quadrants?
>>
>>2749766
1) he didn't
2) How it was done is entirely obvious.
>>
>>2749766

He wasn't. That's a photograph by a guy named David Burdeny.
>>
File: 1449691995884.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1449691995884.gif
2 MB, 320x240
>>2749767
>>
File: Clipboard01.jpg (53 KB, 600x397) Image search: [Google]
Clipboard01.jpg
53 KB, 600x397
>>2749766
not mine.

>>2749750
tought of something like this.
>>
File: image.jpg (396 KB, 1425x1788) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
396 KB, 1425x1788
Taken at a time when I felt positive about continuing with my photography. I want to find the passion again.

CommentScreenshot
Image Width1425
Image Height1788
>>
>>2749775
standalone or a set? post more.
>>
File: _MG_3954.jpg (402 KB, 667x1000) Image search: [Google]
_MG_3954.jpg
402 KB, 667x1000
Digging this thread, really keen to get some critique on my shit.

Shot on Tri X, ive cropped this image substantially to remove excess clutter, what do you guys think?

Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 600D
Image Created2016:01:13 12:26:32
Exposure Time1/125 sec
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating200
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Focal Length50.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceManual
>>
File: Padre 4chan.jpg (99 KB, 1000x617) Image search: [Google]
Padre 4chan.jpg
99 KB, 1000x617
Just like the comp and the tones in some parts.

Equipment MakeFUJIFILM
Camera ModelX-E1
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS5 Windows
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)38 mm
Image Created2016:01:21 17:12:11
Exposure Time1/8 sec
F-Numberf/10.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating3200
Lens Aperturef/10.0
Brightness0.2 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
Focal Length25.40 mm
Image Width1000
Image Height617
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>2749747
I'm not a huge fan of long exposure night stuff, but it's well exposed and composed.

>>2749750
I remember seeing this in some RPT before and already liked it back then. Interesting, almost playful subject and situation you captured here.

>>2749773
why would you do that? take it as it is..

>>2749775
looks like a painting, very interesting work and as >>2749786 mentions, I really hope you got a set of these.

>>2749791
mind showing the uncropped version? In this version I'm missing something.. We see this wobbling figurine with motion blur, but I see no underlying concept or message.

>>2749793
same here, the light makes an interesting scene and the silhouette adds to it. A little mysterious.
>>
File: cat.jpg (421 KB, 2048x1365) Image search: [Google]
cat.jpg
421 KB, 2048x1365
>>
>>2749828
>why would you do that? take it as it is..

mind your own crits, and dont talk about others crits, unpolite retard.
>>
>>2749838
beautiful cat, but the focus is only on the nose, the eyes are somewhat unsharp. 1-2 stops more should solve this.

>>2749842
you think I'm impolite, but call me a retard. The way you stated that withdraws any meaning.
>>
File: marv.jpg (229 KB, 2048x1365) Image search: [Google]
marv.jpg
229 KB, 2048x1365
>>2749844
I think this one fairs better
>>
>>2749847
the focus is certainly better, but it's a little underexposed. Cats are hard to photograph and I usually use flash for mine although he doesn't seem to like it most times.
You could also increase the distance between your camera and the subject so that the chosen aperture fits better.
>>
File: Film7140_02.jpg (901 KB, 1000x809) Image search: [Google]
Film7140_02.jpg
901 KB, 1000x809
I've posted this picture before, but I think from my last trip, where I shot roughly 2000-3000 pictures, this one is my favorite probably

This were fireworks in Yokohama. I had a 1600 ISO film loaded, but no tripod with me so I wasn't entirely sure what I should shoot there. So once the fireworks started and everybody was fixated at them, I looked around and saw these office buildings with those reflecting surfaces. Only when it was developed did I notice that all the people in the office building itself were actually watching the fireworks too, which I think added a nice little touch

I was thinking of cropping out the fence at the bottom but I kind of thing it would ruin the balance of the picture desu

Camera ModelQSS-32_33
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.6 (Windows)
Image Created2015:12:17 00:12:16
>>
>>2749842
Fucking someone's photo in the ass for them is not critique.
>>
>>2749858
certainly a nice photo and well executed. Was that some Fuji 1600?
I'm also not sure if it benefits from cropping out that fence, but it might benefit from straightening it a little as you chose to include the architecture.
>>
>>2749859
do you feel in charge?
>>
>>2749864
yeah Fuji 1600!

Hmm didn't really consider that. Would you suggest rotating it to the right or left to straighten it?
>>
>>2749859
don't let a single troll derail this nice thread ;)

>>2749882
lightroom offers some auto option for straightening. Otherwise I'd try to get the right vertical line (building) as vertical as possible.
>>
File: Film7140_02.jpg (902 KB, 1000x809) Image search: [Google]
Film7140_02.jpg
902 KB, 1000x809
>>2749885
thanks for the tip, didn't know about that feature! Here's how it looks with the auto straightening applied

Camera ModelQSS-32_33
Image Created2016:01:21 22:34:59
>>
>>2749892
now it only depends on which version you prefer. To me straightening is ok as soon as architecture is shown.
Other options that might work are "full" or "vertical". Just check and decide.
>>
File: 1453410706588b.jpg (107 KB, 945x577) Image search: [Google]
1453410706588b.jpg
107 KB, 945x577
>>2749882
I played around a bit with your photo in photoshop, and I like the way it's more abstract when everything is straightened and you have no point of reference (foreground)
>>
>>2749896
Very nice. This one feels like a dream to me.
>>
>>2749895
yes I can see that, I think I prefer the straightened version too
>>2749896
also an interesting take on it but don't you think that there's possibly a bit too much empty space left? I will try this though if I can get a higher res scan of this picture, because I don't think it warrants a crop as tight as this unfortunately
>>
>>2749906
>but don't you think that there's possibly a bit too much empty space left?
Yeah, definitely a reasonable stance. My intention was to get the line centered, and I couldn't crop any more on the left without removing the firework or the people in the windows.
>>
>>2749750
>>2749828
This is my favorite, as I usually take long walks and try to take good photos but mostly end up with boring snapshits, but that day I had my Helios 44 on and took that picture without thinking, "feeling it".
>>
>>2749909
You could get it centred if you shoop it well.
>>
>>2749910
these are the best and the moment you press the shutter you know it's nice. too much thinking ruins it in my opinion.

>>2749896
have to admit that this has something to it although there's that much empty space. However, it's not our decision here.
>>
File: solved.jpg (332 KB, 938x561) Image search: [Google]
solved.jpg
332 KB, 938x561

Camera Softwarepaint.net 4.0.9
Horizontal Resolution96 dpi
Vertical Resolution96 dpi
>>
>>2749919
huh that's actually pretty cool
>>
>>2749927
true, but obviously mirrored. this shot without photoshot would have been nice.
>>
File: SAM_1546.jpg (817 KB, 1300x867) Image search: [Google]
SAM_1546.jpg
817 KB, 1300x867
Talking about re-edits, I think this gives it more context, not sure about composition...

Equipment MakeSAMSUNG
Camera ModelNX30
Image Created2016:01:21 23:15:48
Exposure Time1/100 sec
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating400
Exposure Bias0.3 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceManual
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>2749621
He is.
Thanks for the kind words about the tones, though. I'll pass them on to the guy who made the emulsion if I ever run into him.
Great critique.
>>
File: 000057.jpg (374 KB, 675x1000) Image search: [Google]
000057.jpg
374 KB, 675x1000
I took a series of pictures for a presentation for a school project. We had to design a chair and I wanted to take inspiration in my homeland in rural north-western Spain. My intention was to evoke feelings through these photos and communicate a bit of my background.

Equipment MakeFUJI PHOTO FILM CO., LTD.
Camera ModelSP-3000
Camera SoftwarePhotos 1.3
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image Created2015:11:20 02:59:00
Image Width675
Image Height1000
>>
>>2749957
The setting is nice, maybe it would be better in landscape, a little bit lesser from the top and more from the ground.
>>
>>2749957
I generally like the shot, but I would have substituted a little of the wall for some more context in the foreground and placing him a little more to the center.
People at Spain spend a lot of time sitting in chairs in front of their house.. at least I got that feeling when I visited more rural areas at southern Spain.
>>
File: shadows.jpg (543 KB, 2864x1000) Image search: [Google]
shadows.jpg
543 KB, 2864x1000
A little wider than guidelines because its so narrow.

I tried for minimal shopping of this one - I'm considering burning the highs and mids in the water a bit.

>>
>>2749968
Aside from little things this is a kind of picture I would have in my office or livingroom...
I also like the ultrawide aspect ratio.
>>
>>2749968
this: >>2749969
well done. Also considered burning the highlights on the hip a little? Not necessary, but I would give it a try.
>>
>>2749968
>>2749969
Just to add some C&C: Her arm could be better positioned and the small things and fracture in the background could be removed, but I like the concept.
>>
Sheeit , I can't remember the last time I had constructive talk about photographs...
This thread is nice indeed.
>>
File: 000055.jpg (307 KB, 675x1000) Image search: [Google]
000055.jpg
307 KB, 675x1000
>>2749962
I shot it vertically so as to isolate him from the rest of the people, and leave more space on the top to try to deepen the impression of melancholy that I saw on him I guess.
But to be honest I'm gonna force myself to shoot more landscape next time.
>>2749964
True, everywhere around rural Spain is like that, and mostly old people. They'd often start talking to you if you happen to pass by too.

Thanks for the critique guys, this thread encouraged me to start posting in /p/ after lurking for several months.

Equipment MakeFUJI PHOTO FILM CO., LTD.
Camera ModelSP-3000
Camera SoftwarePhotos 1.3
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image Created2015:11:20 02:58:00
Image Width675
Image Height1000
>>
File: dsc_0793.jpg (349 KB, 1000x563) Image search: [Google]
dsc_0793.jpg
349 KB, 1000x563

Camera ModelNIKON D3100
Maximum Lens Aperturef/5.7
Color Filter Array Pattern750
Image Created2013:06:02 16:03:08
Exposure Time1/320 sec
F-Numberf/9.0
Exposure ProgramNot Defined
ISO Speed Rating100
Lens Aperturef/9.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
Focal Length55.00 mm
Image Width1918
Image Height1080
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Gain ControlNone
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
File: dsc_0851.jpg (375 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
dsc_0851.jpg
375 KB, 1000x667

Camera ModelNIKON D3100
Maximum Lens Aperturef/5.3
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)66 mm
Image Created2013:06:02 15:15:15
Exposure Time1/250 sec
F-Numberf/8.0
ISO Speed Rating100
Lens Aperturef/8.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
Focal Length44.00 mm
Image Width1920
Image Height1280
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Gain ControlNone
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
File: DSC_0393 (2).jpg (979 KB, 4608x2592) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0393 (2).jpg
979 KB, 4608x2592

Camera ModelNIKON D3100
Camera SoftwareWindows Photo Editor 10.0.10011.16384
Image Created2016:01:17 22:24:04
Exposure Time1/320 sec
F-Numberf/9.0
ISO Speed Rating100
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length55.00 mm
>>
>>2749975
Seems more overly friendly than constructive to me. I'd rather put up with some abuse that actually helped me improve. No skin off my nose, though.
>>
>>2750012
4chan has always done brutal honesty best.
>>
>>2750012
>Expect to be judged harshly. Learn to deal with it.

Yep, I'm alright with necessary harshness as long as its aids the improvement. I don"t want to circlejerk, it's just good to have a conversation.
>>
>>2749968

This is really awesome. It would be also cool if the reflection made a symmetrical mirror, but I like it just the way it is now. I disagree on the burning the hip suggestion that someone else made.
>>
File: dsc_0824.jpg (123 KB, 1000x563) Image search: [Google]
dsc_0824.jpg
123 KB, 1000x563
>>2750008
>>2750005
>>2750001
I should probably give context here. Taken on a nice day in Glasgow, Scotland. I have some vague ground level shots but I think they are kind of mediocre and over processed ( I like it that way actually)

Camera ModelNIKON D3100
Image Created2013:06:02 15:46:20
Exposure Time1/200 sec
F-Numberf/7.1
ISO Speed Rating100
Lens Aperturef/7.1
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
Focal Length55.00 mm
Image Width1920
Image Height1080
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Gain ControlNone
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>2750015
>>2750018
Just so we're clear. I was calling this thread a circlejerk and saying there's a terrible lack of harsh judging. I'll just post my crap elsewhere instead of complaining of course, but I really don't see much useful crit. here. Just desperate attempts at saying something nice. Better than the opposite, eh?
>>
>>2750034
don't know about you, but I got useful crit in this thread, more than I would've gotten in the RPT for example
>>
File: dsc_0845.jpg (486 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
dsc_0845.jpg
486 KB, 1000x667

Camera ModelNIKON D3100
Image Created2013:06:02 15:21:32
Exposure Time1/250 sec
F-Numberf/8.0
ISO Speed Rating100
Lens Aperturef/8.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
Focal Length55.00 mm
Image Width1920
Image Height1280
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Gain ControlNone
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>2750001
I did a lot of these shots myself and ask myself now why I didn't include more of the building itself. Anyway, I would straighten this particular shot.

>>2750005
same as above, but this one would benefit from portrait rather than landscape. If there are no interesting clouds in the sky and it's either plain blue or overcast white, I suggest not including that much of it in your frame.

>>2750008
see above

>>2750015
there's a difference between being honest and being an asshole.

>>2750031
this one is much better and although the shadows are completely crushed, it benefits the shot by pointing directly to the subject.

>>2750034
obviously nobody ever told you how to give proper criticism. It's always easy to point out things you don't like, but starting off with things you actually like before you tell people what you don't like is a lot harder. Who am I to tell people their shot is "shit" or "sucks"? I can only tell them what I (read: I, only me, myself <-- personal opinion!) would have done different. It's their choice to think about what I tell them and maybe consider it next time they get into a similar situation to shoot something they find interesting. Then they can evaluate if my suggestions work for them or not. This is how people learn, not by being told their photo is shit.
Did I ever tell you that I gave courses at university? Maybe that's why I know how to criticise people, but still keep them motivated.

>>2750057
good use of leading lines. Only some days ago someone told me how great blue shadows look like and although I disagreed in that moment, the shadows work well with the yellow line here creating a complementary contrast clearly separating your frame, which is additionally supported by the pole/sign. Unfortunately, the only human element is a bit blurry, but he reflects the blue and is walking on that orange line.
>>
>>2750175
>good use of leading lines.
I don't agree. The lines (signpost, vertical separation; yellow line/shadow/road; converging line) don't complement each other and rather cancel each other out, or disturb one another.
Half a meter to the right, so the singpost aligns with the other lines, and it would be a lot better, I think.

The sign itself being neither completely black nor jumping out at the viewer is a bit distracting as well. Otherwise the exposure is nice though.
>>
>>2750175
Thanks vosh. I appreciate the comments. I was wondering if my photos were too overprocessed, as you put it, crushed. I can't seem to make my photos interesting (to me) without everything popping out at me though.
>>
File: 1453418965756.jpg (230 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
1453418965756.jpg
230 KB, 1000x667
>>2749994
sorry, forgot to comment on this before. I like this shot a lot better than the first one as you chose to include more context, which is exactly what I was missing in the first one. Glad you got motivated to post, keep shooting and keep posting. Whenever you receive critique ask yourself who it comes from and if it's justified. A comment like "shit", "stop shooting", or even "kill yourself" is not critique at all, but shows that the one who posted it is either a bitter asshole or did not actually take the time to look at your shot.
My problem was/is that I don't speak a single word Spanish that I could actually make use of.. just the standard shit you pick up. If I went there alone I would have had a serious problem I guess.

>>2750187
here's what I ment.. the pole divides the whole frame and you got the blueish road on the right vs. pavement divided by the pole and the yellow line. The yellow line, as well as the other lines on the left side lead to the only human element in the frame.

>>2750189
crushed shadows do not mean it's overprocessed. It just means there is no detail in the shadows at all (pure black) in contrast to blown highlights (pure white). You can make usage of this, but it doesn't fit every shot.
When it comes to interestingness, I wrote it before: Highly subjective. But if you don't find your photo interesting yourself, then think about why. Is it the subject matter in general? Is it the composition? If you think a photo is not interesting in the first place, then don't bother processing it as PP is only going to change the look of it, but not the content.

Camera ModelNIKON D3100
Color Filter Array Pattern762
Image Created2013:06:02 15:21:32
Exposure Time1/250 sec
F-Numberf/8.0
ISO Speed Rating100
Lens Aperturef/8.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
Focal Length55.00 mm
Image Width1920
Image Height1280
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Gain ControlNone
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>2750208
>If you think a photo is not interesting in the first place, then don't bother processing it as PP is only going to change the look of it, but not the content.
My words were kind of strong. I think they look best blown out is all.
>>
>>2750210
ahh, in that case I obviously got you wrong. But yes, we agree on that regarding >>2750031
>>
File: dsc_0772.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1280) Image search: [Google]
dsc_0772.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1280
Yeah. I also took this one, cliche shot. These alley ways in Glasgow are interesting to walk through

Camera ModelNIKON D3100
Color Filter Array Pattern790
Image Created2013:06:02 16:26:59
Exposure Time1/125 sec
F-Numberf/5.6
ISO Speed Rating140
Lens Aperturef/5.6
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
Focal Length55.00 mm
Image Width1920
Image Height1280
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Gain ControlNone
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>2750215
and they got nice colorful houses. But why did you choose landscape orientation here?
>>
>>2750218
I was being naive and had my desktop background in mind. That's why the res
>>
>>2750221
ok, I give you that.
>>
>>2749969
Thanks
>>2749972
Will see how it goes, I was trying to leave this as raw as possible but might smooth it out a bit.
>>2749973
Will try smoothing it out and in general shooping a bit more. Positioning the model was a fucking nightmare - water in the ears made for really slow progress.

>>2750022
Tried and failed. Couldn't get the water low enough without fucking up the lighting.

I have a few more, less processed shots from the set if anyone wants to see them. One does contain tits tho. I know /p/ used to allow bending the rules a bit - or should I start a /s/ thread and link it?
>>
File: 2016-01-09_09-26-24.jpg (3 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-09_09-26-24.jpg
3 MB, 5312x2988
Was taken in California. Im new to photography so any help would be great. The picture made me think of a quote "It's one big world when each man stands alone"

Camera SoftwarePixlr
Camera ModelSAMSUNG-SM-G900A
Equipment MakeSAMSUNG
Image Created2016:01:07 23:26:23
White BalanceAuto
Metering ModeUnknown
Image Height2988
Focal Length4.80 mm
FlashNo Flash
Light SourceUnknown
Image Width5312
>>
Good thread desu, it's been a while
>>
>>2751197
This is fucking terrible, I gotta tell ya. Coddling you would do you no good. It looks like every amateur photography facebook page

To break it down

It feels horribly posed, and yet you caught her blinking. She is so stiff and un-natural. Unnecessary foreground of wall - takes up 1/3rd of the photo for no good reason. The highlights are somehow blown out despite almost everything being in focus (i.e no reason for blown highlights). The tones are boring, flat, lifeless. If you're going to edit it, improve it. The photo feels worse for it.

To achieve your goal of a lone figure in a lifeless world, I would have taken her as a side profile against the river, foliage and sky using a wide aperture to isolate the subject from the background.

Please don't take this as some sort of personal attack, I'm only trying to help
>>
File: DSCF0057.jpg (475 KB, 667x1000) Image search: [Google]
DSCF0057.jpg
475 KB, 667x1000
How could I have improved this shot? Obviously I'm trying to draw the eye to the girl in the window. Maybe I should've just gone closer and cropped the building?

Equipment MakeFUJIFILM
Camera ModelX-T10
Camera SoftwarePhotos 1.0.1
Horizontal Resolution72
Vertical Resolution72
Image Created2016:01:23 18:46:38
Exposure Time1/150 sec
F-Numberf/3.2
ISO Speed Rating200
Lens Aperturef/3.2
Brightness4.9 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
Focal Length18.00 mm
Image Width667
Image Height1000
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>2751238
For starters, move so you're straight on with the building, and correct your verticals
>>
>>2751241
Point taken about the verticals. The reflection from the light made this the only viable angle though.
>>
>>2751238
I didn't notice the girl until I read your post. There's too much going on for such a small part of the photo to stand out.
>>
File: bvhfjvjhvhjv-1.jpg (149 KB, 286x696) Image search: [Google]
bvhfjvjhvhjv-1.jpg
149 KB, 286x696
>>2751238
From where you were standing, pan right and point the camera slightly more down, so you could fix your verticals in post and crop a bunch of the picture.

I would want my composition more like this. Make your subject more apparent than hiding her in 4 buildings and two cars

Equipment MakeFUJIFILM
Camera ModelX-T10
Image Created2016:01:23 00:27:34
Exposure Time1/150 sec
F-Numberf/3.2
ISO Speed Rating200
Lens Aperturef/3.2
Brightness4.9 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
Focal Length18.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>2751197
>>2751233 has a point here. The whole right part (wall) does nothing for the photo and just "happens to be there". You could have gotten lower putting her on the right side of the frame giving more view of the world she's supposed to stand alone in, instead of placing her centrally in the frame against that wall on the right. You're also making us look down on her and I wonder why.. if you want us to familiarize with her standing alone in the big world, it would have been better to get on eye level.

>>2751238
>Maybe I should've just gone closer and cropped the building?
Absolutely. The way you present it gives the impression it's about the architecture here, while your intention was to show the girl on the window. You could have easily achieved this by getting closer or using a longer focal length (probably better here to maintain the general perspective).
>>
File: asdf.jpg (726 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
asdf.jpg
726 KB, 1000x667
"self portrait"

Equipment MakeFUJIFILM
Camera ModelX-T10
Camera SoftwarePhotos 1.0.1
Horizontal Resolution72
Vertical Resolution72
Image Created2016:01:23 17:58:50
Exposure Time1/2500 sec
F-Numberf/3.2
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating500
Lens Aperturef/3.2
Brightness8.3 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
Focal Length18.00 mm
Image Width1000
Image Height667
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>2751287
not really a "self portrait", but interesting to look at. This is one of the photos you either like or don't like as it's hard to say anything about the composition and exposure. What is that blue thing you used here? Hard to tell..
>>
File: 24172420719_0e9fde1478_b.jpg (327 KB, 1024x763) Image search: [Google]
24172420719_0e9fde1478_b.jpg
327 KB, 1024x763
I really liked the colours and the overall composition. It sounds cliche but I wanted it to portray a sense of emptiness.
>>
File: buddy-small.jpg (370 KB, 1000x669) Image search: [Google]
buddy-small.jpg
370 KB, 1000x669
recently took these, looking for criticism
ones i'm particularly proud of are posted on my website, lenny.photography

Camera ModelNIKON 1 J1
Maximum Lens Aperturef/4.4
Color Filter Array Pattern910
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)47 mm
Image Width3872
Image Height2592
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image Created2016:01:21 16:17:21
Exposure Time1/25 sec
F-Numberf/4.5
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating1600
Lens Aperturef/4.5
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceTungsten
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length17.50 mm
Image Width1000
Image Height669
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceManual
Gain ControlHigh Gain Up
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
File: buddy-final-small.jpg (508 KB, 1000x739) Image search: [Google]
buddy-final-small.jpg
508 KB, 1000x739

Camera ModelNIKON 1 J1
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)81 mm
Image Width3872
Image Height2592
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image Created2016:01:16 15:37:42
Exposure Time1/6 sec
F-Numberf/6.3
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating1600
Lens Aperturef/6.3
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceTungsten
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length30.00 mm
Image Width1000
Image Height739
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceManual
Gain ControlHigh Gain Up
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
File: raven-small.jpg (614 KB, 1000x669) Image search: [Google]
raven-small.jpg
614 KB, 1000x669

Camera ModelNIKON 1 J1
Maximum Lens Aperturef/5.3
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)65 mm
Image Width3872
Image Height2592
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image Created2016:01:23 09:45:01
Exposure Time1/10 sec
F-Numberf/5.3
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating800
Lens Aperturef/5.3
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceCloudy Weather
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length24.40 mm
Image Width1000
Image Height669
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceManual
Gain ControlLow Gain Up
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
File: tinkerbell-small.jpg (488 KB, 1000x669) Image search: [Google]
tinkerbell-small.jpg
488 KB, 1000x669
4, final.

i appreciate any criticism. i'm a bit new. thanks.

Camera ModelNIKON 1 J1
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)81 mm
Image Width3872
Image Height2592
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image Created2016:01:17 13:44:47
Exposure Time1/15 sec
F-Numberf/6.3
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating1600
Lens Aperturef/6.3
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceTungsten
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length30.00 mm
Image Width1000
Image Height669
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceManual
Gain ControlHigh Gain Up
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>2751387
this is nice and although some other might claim otherwise, it reminds me of Rhein 2. That single pole is well positioned, but unfortunately, the sky is a little boring. Still, a nice shot.

>>2751388
>>2751389
cute dog and focus is right on the eyes as it should be. I'd have chosen another aperture here, though. The nose is not in focus and I would have preferred it to be. Compositonwise these are ok and the exposure also is well done.

>>2751390
the focus in that one is good, but the pillow distracts a lot. I know how troublesome shooting cats can be..

>>2751391
A faster shutterspeed or (even better:) flash would have avoided the motion blur here.
>>
>>2751395
the motionblur was intended, but thanks for everything else! i'll try to work on it
>>
>>2751397
but why was it intended? Well in that case you got what you wanted, but using a flash to freeze the moment and getting your cat sharp while yawning might have looked more interesting. But hey, see my latest post in the pet thread, my focus is also off.. can be tiring with cats.
>>
File: IMG_5382.jpg (1 MB, 1450x1049) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5382.jpg
1 MB, 1450x1049
I shot this one year ago when I've been to sweden and it was after a long exhausting day. I didn't really care about the meaning of the composition but in retrospective I actually really like it. It was taken with 0.2 seconds exposure time, handheld.

If you look at the street signs you can see a motorcycle and some human-related symbols. On the other hand there's this big white arrow that catches the viewers attention. It leeds directly towards the nature outside the resort. So you got to decide wether you want to live your everyday life or step outside of it, climb the barriers and participate in the adventure the world has to offer.

but that's just my interpretation

Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 600D
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 6.0 (Windows)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/3.5
Image Created2016:01:23 16:21:44
Exposure Time1/5 sec
F-Numberf/3.5
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating800
Lens Aperturef/3.5
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Focal Length18.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceManual
>>
>>2751412
for 0.2s handheld this is very good. The only problem I got is that the strongest leading line (arrow) leads to nothing but these dead(?) trees. Something different at the end of the leading line would have been more interesting to me. I guess at that time waiting for someone to walk your way and catch the person in the right spot at 0.2s is almost impossible.
>>
File: _00000.jpg (1 MB, 1450x964) Image search: [Google]
_00000.jpg
1 MB, 1450x964
>>2751412
also from my trip to sweden.
the cat was just randomly sitting by a window, holding perfectly still.

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 6.0 (Windows)
Image Created2016:01:23 21:13:30
>>
File: for4chan-lights-.jpg (578 KB, 1000x957) Image search: [Google]
for4chan-lights-.jpg
578 KB, 1000x957
Bump with one more

>>
File: DSC02044-2.jpg (391 KB, 642x1000) Image search: [Google]
DSC02044-2.jpg
391 KB, 642x1000
This was a quick candid I took. I wanted to show the quiet moments in a busy city. I also quite liked the composition.

Equipment MakeSONY
Camera ModelILCE-6000
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.4 (Windows)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.0
Image Created2016:01:29 00:35:01
Exposure Time1/400 sec
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating320
Brightness1.6 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>2755417
it's shit
>>
>>2751548
looks like a lynx.. some maine coon? regarding the photo I cannot say much.. photo of a cat, nothing wrong with it.

>>2753984
I have to admit that I usually do not like this light painting stuff (looks like, but I'm not sure), but this photo is nice. However, I doubt it was taken in square format and you cropped it to fit the composition, correct?

>>2755417
the leading lines offer a lot of potential here, but the person in the right foreground massively distracts the view. Also, the people in the background do not seem to be part of what you actually wanted to capture. 1-2 steps to the left and a little more foregorund leading to the reading girl would have been nice.

>>2755428
seriously? You're a massive faggot and I suggest you sell your gear, get a gun and kill yourself as your photos suck.
>>
What do you guys think of my first scan? >>2755434
>>
>>2755436
It's an empty street in a quiet neighborhood, so contentwise there's not much interesting going on here. How did you meter? - I'm not sure if the sky is blown or completely overcast. Did you also sharpen the scan in post?
I'm a little biased as I don't like the 4:3 aspect ratio..
>>
>>2755441
They sky was a little bit of both, It's the street near my house, I metered mainly for the roads. And yes, I did sharpen it, as I said that I used the high pass filter, as well as a little curves adjustment for more contrast. The original image was 72 megapixels at 4800dpi(resolution was 9968x7296 and about 6.3mb)
>>
File: img005.jpg (187 KB, 1000x768) Image search: [Google]
img005.jpg
187 KB, 1000x768
>>2755445
only 6.3mb? That's not much.. attached photo doesn't show anything interesting, but was also shot with mamiya 645. The scan is about 75mb at 3200dpi.

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS5.1 Windows
Image Width5508
Image Height7421
Pixel CompositionUnknown
Horizontal Resolution3200 dpi
Vertical Resolution3200 dpi
Image Created2016:01:29 02:27:54
Image Width1000
Image Height768
>>
>>2755452
Well it scanned to a jpg, maybe it was so small due to the compression or somehting
>>
>>2755453
maybe that's why. I always scan as .tif
>>
>>2755454
How do I change the output file type for my scanner?
>>
>>2755455
depends on the program you're using to scan the negative.
>>
File: img003-2.jpg (358 KB, 1399x1920) Image search: [Google]
img003-2.jpg
358 KB, 1399x1920
>>2755457
Set the new scans to .tif, but had to turn ICE off because it was making the images blotchy

Here's a vertical shot of some grass, same processing
>>
File: IMG_8243.jpg (791 KB, 667x1000) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8243.jpg
791 KB, 667x1000
I like the texture of his back. I heard a lot of people talking about black and white when referring to texture, but I felt this looked better with the green look. black and white felt like it was missing something.

Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS REBEL T3i
Image Created2016:01:28 22:10:21
Exposure Time1/80 sec
F-Numberf/4.0
ISO Speed Rating3200
Lens Aperturef/4.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Focal Length86.00 mm
Image Width667
Image Height1000
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
>>
>>2755502
pic sucks
>>
>>2755496
>ice
>b&w
>>
File: IMG_0109-2.jpg (384 KB, 933x622) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0109-2.jpg
384 KB, 933x622
I took this picture today and lately I have just been playing around with finding the right composition and shadows I like.

Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS REBEL T3
Image Created2016:01:28 21:41:55
Exposure Time1/320 sec
F-Numberf/6.3
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating100
Lens Aperturef/6.3
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Focal Length50.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
>>
>>2755547

looks like New Mexico.
>>
>>2753984
Next time play a bit more with the golden ratio and you'll have an amazing shot mate.
>>
>>2755553
Correct
>>
File: fusedcorrected.jpg (1 MB, 4000x6015) Image search: [Google]
fusedcorrected.jpg
1 MB, 4000x6015
Go harsh on me pls

Camera ModelNIKON D3200
Maximum Lens Aperturef/3.9
Color Filter Array Pattern830
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)34 mm
Image Created2016:01:29 16:40:29
Exposure Time1/1000 sec
F-Numberf/3.8
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating100
Lens Aperturef/3.8
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length23.00 mm
Image Width4000
Image Height6015
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
Gain ControlNone
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>2755715
resize
>>
File: 20160124_0069.jpg (176 KB, 1000x747) Image search: [Google]
20160124_0069.jpg
176 KB, 1000x747
I took the picture last week while visiting a museum in Novara, Italy.
Stair, lights and shadows got my attention.
>>
File: 23954750114_3698c589c5_b.jpg (103 KB, 1024x660) Image search: [Google]
23954750114_3698c589c5_b.jpg
103 KB, 1024x660
>>
>>2755715
you overexposed the background and making the image darker dont disguise that guy.

apart from a lack of subject its pretty g maybe a tighter crop of the church with a human or 2.

also resize you shit eater
>>
>>2755734
>Stair, lights and shadows got my attention.

they dont get anyone elses.
its a poor snapshit
>>
>>2748578
I like it.

>>2748949
fucking nothing
>>
File: IMG_7143 SMALL.jpg (105 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7143 SMALL.jpg
105 KB, 1000x667
around 1am in the rain that time I decided to go to new york alone for a while, 3 days after my 18th birthday

Horizontal Resolution72
Vertical Resolution72
Image Width1000
Image Height667
>>
File: 1454042750115-1.jpg (309 KB, 775x517) Image search: [Google]
1454042750115-1.jpg
309 KB, 775x517
>>2755597

I figured as soon as I saw the thumbnail. Stucco, new double pane windows jammed into a crumbling old duplex, bars on said windows, security light above the entry.. it all screams Albuquerque. That's long before you even consider that trademark super contrasty winter sun.

(this was also shot about 800 feet from my house, but i didn't realize that until well after i posted)

I would say that the framing could use some work. The very top feels cluttered, and the left side is a mess. Pic related is one possible crop. It also wouldn't hurt to step back and get more of the building in the shot.

Highlights are also hot. Pull them down a little to get more detail in the stucco.

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.0 (Windows)
Image Created2016:01:29 12:45:51
>>
File: Sin nombre.jpg (302 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
Sin nombre.jpg
302 KB, 1000x667
>>2748538
I really like this thread.

Usually the pictures I take have a feel of nostalgia or loneliness but I don't really look for anything in particular while shooting. I just shoot anything that I think will look nice.
>>
File: 1st2nd_sm.jpg (518 KB, 800x534) Image search: [Google]
1st2nd_sm.jpg
518 KB, 800x534
Good thread.

I have pictures which are better in all aspects of photography, but I like this one. I just liked the way the signs lined up, it almost seemed intentional.

Equipment MakePanasonic
Camera ModelDMC-LX3
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.0
Image Width3776
Image Height2520
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image Created2016:01:29 18:34:50
Exposure Time1/1600 sec
F-Numberf/4.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating80
Lens Aperturef/4.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
FlashFlash, Compulsory
Focal Length12.80 mm
Image Width800
Image Height534
>>
>>2755764
Highlights are blown, but in a very good way. It somehow works well in this picture. Do you have any more from that night, anon?
>>
File: _DSC0013.jpg (552 KB, 1000x811) Image search: [Google]
_DSC0013.jpg
552 KB, 1000x811
Just an early morning shot from when I was fishing a while ago
>>
>>2755827

This photo was taken that far from your house? Insane and wow that looks very nice and clean. I didn't mess with the frame when I was editing it. I took a few shots of this house as I was driving and just had my 50mm attached at the time.
>>
File: 1454112771623.jpg (294 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
1454112771623.jpg
294 KB, 1000x667
>>2756018
you should make this brighter i think get better contrast and better detail at the moment its nice in terms of composition but its muddy. even if the sky is lighter it would help a lot i feel.

pic related

Image Width1000
Image Height667
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image Created2016:01:30 22:37:04
Image Width1000
Image Height667
>>
File: IMGP3074.jpg (166 KB, 665x1000) Image search: [Google]
IMGP3074.jpg
166 KB, 665x1000
Got a camera for Christmas and made a flickr. Would appreciate feedback on my shots. I'm trying to get out and shoot at least once a week.

Equipment MakeRICOH IMAGING COMPANY, LTD.
Camera ModelPENTAX K-3
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 6.3 (Windows)
Image Created2016:01:30 18:04:13
Exposure Time1/320 sec
F-Numberf/16.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating100
Lens Aperturef/16.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Focal Length55.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceManual
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
Subject Distance RangeDistant View
>>
going to reply in depth on others tomorrow or the day after.. visiting family is more important right now.

>>2755748
saw this in the rpt before and really like it

>>2756679
I see those too often around here. Like the PP though.
>>
File: 20160129-IMG_7898.jpg (555 KB, 878x800) Image search: [Google]
20160129-IMG_7898.jpg
555 KB, 878x800
i think i resized correctly if not forgive me

Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 6D
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.4
Horizontal Resolution100 dpi
Vertical Resolution100 dpi
Image Created2016:01:30 19:21:47
Exposure Time1/320 sec
F-Numberf/1.4
ISO Speed Rating400
Lens Aperturef/1.4
Exposure Bias0.7 EV
Metering ModePattern
Focal Length50.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
>>
>>2755496
I never use ICE, that's what I ment before: I rather clean my negatives and stamp out the remaining dust by hand in Photoshop.

>>2755502
I like the texture, but you could have tried to get rid of the reflections from the glass.

>>2755547
>>2755827
you got some really nice shots on your flickr

>>2755715
I generally like the idea of shooting known landmarks in a "street" way, not showing only the building/whatever, but also its surroundings. You might consider straightening as soon as architecture is included.

>>2755764
although fully blown, it looks interesting. A little darker might have worked as well.

>>2756018
as already said by >>2756657 it seems underexposed and I have to say that the composition is a little boring here. The sky is completely overcast and I see no reason to include that much of it.

>>2756040
the 2 signs on the left seem a little oversaturated. Apart from the 1st/2nd part, you already pointed out by the image title, I see only little interesting.

>>2756722
what does the original photo look like? I mean it's obviously cropped..
>>
File: 02.jpg (321 KB, 846x1300) Image search: [Google]
02.jpg
321 KB, 846x1300
One of the first photos I took with my t2i, probably saved on camera in jpeg format because I remember I didn't know raw even exist. I still kinda like it but the ratio is kinda shit, no reason to crop it now tho

Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 550D
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC (Windows)
Image Width1310
Image Height2012
Pixel CompositionRGB
Horizontal Resolution350 dpi
Vertical Resolution350 dpi
Image Created2015:03:31 16:29:49
Exposure Time1/320 sec
F-Numberf/0.0
ISO Speed Rating100
Lens Aperturef/inf
Exposure Bias0 EV
Focal Length0.00 mm
Image Width846
Image Height1300
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
>>
File: Argie_DSC4446.png (4 MB, 2100x1400) Image search: [Google]
Argie_DSC4446.png
4 MB, 2100x1400
>>
>>2757446
well composed and interesting, but I'd either raise the shadows or at least dodge the guy a little to make him pop out more.

>>2757448
4.26mb of a dogs butt.. I have to admit I didn't even wait for it to load completely.
>>
>>2757451
thanks, that was helpful.
>>
File: 07.jpg (394 KB, 1300x736) Image search: [Google]
07.jpg
394 KB, 1300x736
another one for the lulz, probably asked too much to my little camera, sry my photoshop skillz are shit. It was at a party for my friend's degree

Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 550D
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC (Windows)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/3.5
Image Width5113
Image Height2894
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image Created2015:03:31 16:30:56
Exposure Time1/100 sec
F-Numberf/3.5
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating400
Lens Aperturef/3.5
Exposure Bias0 EV
Focal Length18.00 mm
Image Width1300
Image Height736
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceManual
>>
>>2757478
generally a nice idea, but the guys on the left side of the frame are partly in the shadow and missing details for that reason. Same as above: Either work on the shadows as a whole or apply some dodging to the guys. In this case I'd recommend the shadows as a whole. Also check the skin tones of the 2 people under the window (curly haired) as they seem a little too yellow.
>>
>>2757478
>le cliché meme supper
>high contrast and sharpened to hell
no thanks
>>
>>2757554

I bet you have no friends and are an odious cunt to be around.
>>
File: 24109783953_52d6573aa2_b.jpg (213 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
24109783953_52d6573aa2_b.jpg
213 KB, 1024x683
>>
>>2757426
oh i've never really tried altering a picture that much. Is that even possible? removing glare and such? I'll have to look into that so i can remove unwanted shadows on some older pics.

thanks
>>
>>2757563
it feels really good when someone tries to predict something about my life and is completely wrong. thanks.
>>
>>2757563
dude the pictures just fucking sucks
>>
File: comparison.jpg (118 KB, 1000x429) Image search: [Google]
comparison.jpg
118 KB, 1000x429
>>2757565
a close-up of a butterfly.. I find it very hard to comment on close-ups or even macros of insects/flowers/etc.

>>2757567
sure it is, see attached screenshot.

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS5.1 Windows
Photographerv0sh
Image Width1920
Image Height823
Pixel CompositionRGB
Horizontal Resolution96 dpi
Vertical Resolution96 dpi
Image Created2016:01:31 23:04:07
Image Width1000
Image Height429
>>
File: ADL_3795lowres.jpg (435 KB, 1366x912) Image search: [Google]
ADL_3795lowres.jpg
435 KB, 1366x912
Ermm. Tried to get a cool self-portrait at night. Ended up playing around with it in Photoshop. Added random image of pigeons for pseudo-artistic effect.

Camera ModelNIKON D750
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2015 (Windows)
PhotographerAndrei Daniel Lazar
Color Filter Array Pattern982
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)50 mm
Image Width6016
Image Height4016
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image Created2016:02:01 00:15:34
Exposure Time1/25 sec
F-Numberf/1.4
ISO Speed Rating5000
Lens Aperturef/1.4
Exposure Bias-0.7 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
Focal Length50.00 mm
Image Width1366
Image Height912
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Gain ControlHigh Gain Up
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
File: IMG_4282.jpg (418 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4282.jpg
418 KB, 1000x667
Which of these two shots do you prefer?
1/2

Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS REBEL T5i
Image Width2048
Image Height1365
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image Created2016:01:31 18:45:37
Exposure Time1/400 sec
F-Numberf/5.6
ISO Speed Rating100
Lens Aperturef/5.6
Exposure Bias0 EV
Focal Length250.00 mm
Image Width1000
Image Height667
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceManual
>>
File: IMG_4283.jpg (434 KB, 667x1000) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4283.jpg
434 KB, 667x1000
>>2757734
2/2

Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS REBEL T5i
Maximum Lens Aperturef/5.2
Image Width1365
Image Height2048
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image Created2016:01:31 18:47:30
Exposure Time1/640 sec
F-Numberf/5.0
ISO Speed Rating100
Lens Aperturef/5.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Focal Length143.00 mm
Image Width667
Image Height1000
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceManual
>>
File: IMGP3445.jpg (113 KB, 1000x665) Image search: [Google]
IMGP3445.jpg
113 KB, 1000x665
>>2756679
finally got out and was able to shoot some wildlife today
got close enough that i didnt even need to crop this one

Camera ModelPENTAX K-3
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 6.3 (Windows)
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)450 mm
Image Created2016:01:31 16:15:08
Exposure Time1/500 sec
F-Numberf/5.8
Exposure ProgramShutter Priority
ISO Speed Rating100
Lens Aperturef/5.8
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Focal Length300.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceManual
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>2757735
This one. Straighten the post though
>>
>>2757738
The pole is straight, it's the lamp that's lopsided which throws it off.
>>
>>2755502

I like it!
>>
File: IMGP0205.jpg (965 KB, 5675x3773) Image search: [Google]
IMGP0205.jpg
965 KB, 5675x3773

Camera ModelPENTAX K-3
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 6.2.1 (Macintosh)
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)75 mm
Image Created2016:02:03 20:19:22
Exposure Time1/8000 sec
F-Numberf/5.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating100
Lens Aperturef/5.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Focal Length50.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
File: _MG_2218.jpg (564 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
_MG_2218.jpg
564 KB, 1000x667
>>2748538
I borrowed one of my friends old cameras to give photography a shot yesterday so complete beginner here so please dont hold back on the critique

This shot was kind of a happy accident, I saw the nice street art while i was walking through a mall in the cbd and just felt that i had to take a photo of it. Honestly im really surprised how it turned out especially since I didnt even realize or intend for the lady to be in the frame. So its kinda scary how she nearly perfectly aligns with the street art
(1/3)

Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 50D
PhotographerPhotographer
Image Width4752
Image Height3168
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image Created2016:02:04 09:46:30
White Point Chromaticity0.3
Exposure Time1/2500 sec
F-Numberf/1.4
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating320
Lens Aperturef/1.4
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeSpot
Focal Length50.00 mm
Image Width1000
Image Height667
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
>>
File: _MG_2381.jpg (598 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
_MG_2381.jpg
598 KB, 1000x667
>>2760015
We have a fringe festival on atm filled with tons of rad artists and just plain strange fun things to go do and see. I noticed one of the clerks who was handing out flyers had these awesome rollerblades on so i decided to just go up to her and ask if i could take a photo of them. I loved her choice of sock color, it was very retro but still rather hip and fun.

(Images are complete raw unedited)
(2/3)

Equipment MakeCanon
PhotographerPhotographer
Image Width4752
Image Height3168
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image Created2016:02:04 09:47:03
Exposure Time1/5000 sec
F-Numberf/1.8
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating125
Lens Aperturef/1.8
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeSpot
Focal Length50.00 mm
Image Width1000
Image Height667
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
>>
>>2760017
I like it
>>
>>2760017
>Images are complete raw unedited
Why
>>
File: _MG_2396.jpg (428 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
_MG_2396.jpg
428 KB, 1000x667
>>2760017
With valentines day coming up the heart foundation has set up these mini love-lock things near the main square of the cbd. As a cringy romantic myself i just felt i had to take a photo of this. Tad cringy and stereotypical but still i liked how the shot turned out. I think the harmony, peace and joy message really contrasts the rest of the image... Dont ask me how i got the lighting to work so well, it was just luck.

(3/3)

Thankyou for any or no feed back xx

Equipment MakeCanon
PhotographerPhotographer
Image Width4752
Image Height3168
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image Created2016:02:04 09:48:05
Exposure Time1/8000 sec
F-Numberf/1.8
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating200
Lens Aperturef/1.8
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeSpot
Focal Length50.00 mm
Image Width1000
Image Height667
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
>>
>>2760022
Im still waiting for lightroom to download funny enough, I will probably go through and edit a few of the images tonight IF its downloaded but knowing shitty aus internet that might not be the case.

But feedback is still feedback, what do you think i could do in post to make the image look a lot better?
>>
>>2757478
worth doing.

>mfw nobody does the thaddius pose
>>
>>2760029
forgot thaddius

Equipment MakeNikon
Camera ModelNikon SUPER COOLSCAN 5000 ED
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS4 Macintosh
Image Width5424
Image Height3652
Number of Bits Per Component16, 16, 16
Pixel CompositionRGB
Horizontal Resolution4000 dpi
Vertical Resolution4000 dpi
Image Data ArrangementChunky Format
Image Created2011:01:12 10:26:48
Image Width1024
Image Height689
>>
File: Wall.jpg (215 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
Wall.jpg
215 KB, 1000x667
Critique please

Equipment MakeFUJIFILM
Camera ModelX-T1
Camera SoftwareGIMP 2.8.16
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)38 mm
Maker Note Version0130
Horizontal Resolution71 dpi
Vertical Resolution71 dpi
Image Created2016:02:03 21:40:34
Exposure Time1/180 sec
F-Numberf/14.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating800
Lens Aperturef/13.9
Brightness8.7 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
Focal Length25.40 mm
Image Width1000
Image Height667
RenderingCustom
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
SharpnessNormal
SharpnessNormal
White BalanceAuto
Chroma SaturationUnknown
Flash ModeOff
Focus ModeManual
Slow Synchro ModeOff
Picture ModeManual Exposure
Continuous/Bracketing ModeOff
Blur StatusOK
Focus StatusOK
Auto Exposure StatusOK
>>
File: DSC05880v01small.jpg (187 KB, 1122x640) Image search: [Google]
DSC05880v01small.jpg
187 KB, 1122x640
A stitched comp, taken on a North-South on-foot traverse of Iceland

Equipment MakeSONY
Camera ModelILCE-7S
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.0
Image Width1122
Image Height640
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image Created2015:09:27 13:59:01
Exposure Time1/320 sec
ISO Speed Rating160
Brightness1.6 EV
Exposure Bias-0.7 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
Image Width1122
Image Height640
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceManual
ContrastSoft
SaturationHigh
SharpnessSoft
>>
>>2757478
That picture so sharp I'm worried about tetanus.

Also
>last_supper_remake.meme
>everyone's a jew at the table
Why?
>>
>>2760178
>>everyone's a jew at the table
>Why?
Everyone was a jew at the original last supper too. What's your point?

I agree that it's sharp as fuck.
>>
>>2760169
Why is this so damn noisy?
>>
Oh wow, /p/ critique thread.
99 images.
Only 5 of them are any good at all.

>>2749460
>>2749763
>>2749154
>>2748578
>>2749968

Only 2 of them are /p/'s own work.
Seriously, try harder guys.
>>
>>2760224
This is literally the reason for the critique thread, you retarded cunt. No shit they are going to be mediocre photos, hence the reason people are asking for critique so they can improve. Like holy shit, how fucking thick are you?
>>
File: beeeeeeee.jpg (421 KB, 1000x603) Image search: [Google]
beeeeeeee.jpg
421 KB, 1000x603
ok but even those aren't that great.
mine sucks too probably

Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 70D
Image Created2016:02:02 22:16:36
Exposure Time1/200 sec
F-Numberf/6.3
Exposure ProgramNormal Program
ISO Speed Rating125
Lens Aperturef/6.4
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Focal Length135.00 mm
Image Width1000
Image Height603
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
>>
>>2756722
nigger what are you doing
>>
>>2760224
>>2760234
He's right, though.
A lot of the pics posted in this thread simply aren't worth critiquing. They're just snapshots with no effort put into them, and THAT is the problem with /p/ now. People take a macroshot of their keyboard or a snap a blurry pic of their cat sleeping on the couch and they expect to be praised for it. Not critiqued even but praised. Most of this thread seems to be Vosh mistaking cocksucking for good crit. He's wrong and I'll repeat what someone else said already: he's the new ayya on this board.
No talent for photography or critique but shitting up every fucking thread with his worthless tripfagging opinions.

Nobody on this board knows how to take a good photo or how to critique one. The people who did know don't bother and I think we all know why.
>>
>>2760471
I agree with you 100%. /p/ doesn't understand the difference between "shooting to learn" and shooting a good photo as a photographer. It also doesn't know the difference between "Help me" and "give my photo critique"

If you're in the critique thread, the photo you post should be amazing work (compared against the majority of your stuff) not just your most recent photo. It should be a well executed concise non-cliche idea worth talking about at length.

Unfortunately for a high-potential thread like this, /p/ doesn't take a lot of those photos. Most of the members are new people hoping to find a way to have their camera produce fantastic photos without them having to put in any extraordinary effort or creativity, which doesn't seem to be working.
>>
>>2760471
>Most of this thread seems to be Vosh mistaking cocksucking for good crit.
I bet 9/10 people who read my posts think something similar, but if one of these posts help a single person, I'm ok with that.
At the moment I'm having a lot of free time at work and I see no reason not to waste it around here giving critique I would like to receive my own. I never stated in any way that I think my photos are good, but nobody here ever told me what I should work on or try to improve. It's just the usual "it's shit" (without any reason why it's shit) or nothing at all.

>He's wrong
By stating my opinion on what I like about a shot and what I would have done different? Interesting.

>>2760479
have to agree the first 2 sentences, but the "critique" usually given here is useless. It's the same topic over and over again. Telling people their photo is shit never helped, but is oftentimes considered a valid reply to some photo in the RPT. If the critique given there was actually useful, a thread like this would either have more quality shots, or even better: Wouldn't even exist.
>>
>>2760182
Seriously, what is /p's problem with noise? I do not get it. I like noise.
>>
>>2760479
>If you're in the critique thread, the photo you post should be amazing work
Agreed, but I don't think you have an excuse to post shit in the RPT either. This is a photography board and there's a difference between photographs and snapshots of your pets.

>>2760508
>Telling people their photo is shit never helped
True, but desperately trying to think of something positive to say about a snapshot that might as well have come from the camera going off by accident isn't helping either, and that's what you're doing.
You don't want useful critique at all, you just want to be told that your snapshits are good and you're such a good little boy for posting them.
You don't have to destroy someone to give them c&c but if they post shit they need to be told so.
The more shit we get on this board the more we make new people lower their own standards for the photos they post.

And this board really needs some fucking standards.

>>2760460
It's just a flower with a beer in it. It's not even sharp. Everybody takes that picture and it's almost never worth posting here. I have a bunch of them myself and I don't regret taking them but it doesn't belong here.
Go look at some real photographers and set the bar a little higher for yourself. You don't have to stop taking snapshots of flowers but you do need to think a little more about whether they belong here.
>>
>>2760169
I would appreciate some Crit of this other than "its noisy."
>>
>>2760508
>It's the same topic over and over again.
Because the photos here have the same problem, over and over again. No content, no vision, nothing to look at, no sense of planning or effort, etc.

Deeper critique than that is like suggesting new rims on a rusty non-running 1987 Oldsmobile. Many photos (especially around here) simply can't be helped.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 128

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.