[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Americans aren't allowed to camp anywhere they want,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 158
Thread images: 30
File: jamtland.jpg (539 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
jamtland.jpg
539 KB, 1500x1000
>Americans aren't allowed to camp anywhere they want, make campfires or forage

How exactly does one go /out/ in America?

Do you just go along touristy trails and sleep at designated camping spots with "leave no trace" faggot shit?

Like, why are there threads about Americans buying axes and knives on here if you aren't allowed to use them?
Please explain to a Scandinavian

I'm tempted to visit some American national parks but if they're this extremely restricted I'd rather postpone my America trip indefinitely and go to Canada or Alaska in a more distant future
>>
It really depends on where you go. The rules vary from place to place. If you go to one of the National Forests, they're generally pretty lax about what you can do. You might need a permit for some of the more traveled trails and camping areas, but they're usually cheap or free.

The National Parks are more regulated, but they're not that bad unless you want to Hunt. Main thing is that all of the good ones are overcrowded as hell unless you know where to go. Yosemite National Park for example is a complete clusterfuck of crowds and tourists unless you hike out into the back country. The back country is more beautiful than the valley anyways.
>>
>>628449
>"leave no trace" faggot shit
I don't understand. Are you proud that your country doesn't mind if people just fuck shit up? I'm not big on having to look at everyone's stupid attempts at building toilets and fireplaces all over.

There are different classifications of public land. BLM is basically free-for-all, National Forest is generally chill, and National Park is hermetically sealed scenery, look don't touch. There's a place for all of that, in my opinion.

If you want huge areas in which to just tramp around and not be bothered, try the larger national forests or almost anywhere in Alaska outside of the Kenai peninsula.
>>
>>628449
There are tons of gigantic state and national forests, as well as general federal lands were you can basically go do whatever the fuck you want. Keep in mind, America is enormous. Also plenty of people have ranches or other large chunks of land and they just go out on their own property.
>>
>>628457
>Also plenty of people have ranches or other large chunks of land and they just go out on their own property.

>"plenty"
Allow me to doubt. A couple of hundred of acres isn't really a ranch or anything you'd "go out" on.
>>
File: 1427809636467.jpg (426 KB, 670x554) Image search: [Google]
1427809636467.jpg
426 KB, 670x554
Do you really have to make this thread all the time?

America is a beautiful country, has many beautiful outdoor areas and based gun laws.

Europe has many beautiful outdoor areas (but not good gun laws.)

You can go /out/doors in both of these countries.

Stop trying to make Euros and Ameribros fight, we need to band together and protect what little nature we have left.
>>
>>628449
>camp anywhere
>make campfires
>forage

You can do all three of those things on the vast majority of National Forest land. Campfires are the most strictly regulated, but even then places where you can't make a campfire are the exception, not the rule.

The amount of NF land that's available for free dispersed camping is almost twice the size of Germany.
>>
>>628454
This. National parks are for sight-seeing, BLM and NF are for testing yourself. Its like the difference between a waterpark and a coast. One is for having safe, regulated fun with the kids, the other is for seeing if you can survive the torrents.
>>
>>628470
BLM?
>>
>>628449
Forest use is a lot more regulated in scandipandy land than the us or canada for that matter.
>>
>>628449
By having more public property acreage than your entire country.
>>
File: 20150731_200049.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20150731_200049.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
Most states have state forests that do not have many restrictions, and allow open camping.

In fact, we have more land in state/national forests than you have total area in your entire country. In fact we have almost twice as much national forest land, than the total area of the largest country in Scandinavia. That's not including state forests, which are as numerous.

National parks make up only a very very tiny percentage of our Country.

So my question is... how do you find places to camp in such a tiny country?
>>
>>628449
> postpone America
> go to Alaska
>>
>>628474
Bureau of land management.

Mostly in the Western USA. Has huge areas of land. Seriously huge.
>>
File: Patriotic_Eagle.jpg (106 KB, 400x315) Image search: [Google]
Patriotic_Eagle.jpg
106 KB, 400x315
Scandanavia area 928 057 Km2

USA national forest area 769000km2

USA BLM public land area 1,001,000km2

Get REKT
>>
>>628509
>USA BLM public land area 1,001,000km2

Looks like you might have left out Alaska in there fellow /out/ist. That'd bump it to >2,000,000 km2

Suck it Euros.
>>
>>628516
>Canada crown land 8,886,356 km2
>>
>>628449

>Europeans only visit the most tourist infested National Parks in the country.
>They think the rest of the country must be exactly like this because they can walk across their own bitch-ass country in 3 days.

Basically this.
>>
File: technology-fail.jpg (229 KB, 900x789) Image search: [Google]
technology-fail.jpg
229 KB, 900x789
>>628462

My favourite Eoin Ryan comic after this one.
>>
>>628474

Black lives matter.
>>
>>628525

>all of Canada is crown land

We know m8

>inb4 muh 11%
>>
File: 0.jpg (19 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
19 KB, 480x360
>>628449
yep, they're extremely restrictive. fuck off to canada.
>>
>>Americans aren't allowed to camp anywhere they want, make campfires or forage
lol where did you hear this
>>
>>628580

I heard it from someone with an Australia flag on /pol/.
>>
>>628449
>American national parks

Dude, the national parks are tourist trap hyper-regulated shit holes, there are SO MANY much more beautiful mountains and scenery outside of them. For example, almost all the Sierra Nevada in Cali, almost all of the Rockies, lots of mountains in the pacific northwest, ranges in Utah and Idaho. Go to a few national parks but that should definitely NOT be the basis for your whole trip.
>>
>>628457
This. America is fuckhuge. The national parks are tiny dots on the map. Yes they're uber-regulated, but if you want a more hardcore experience, go to any of the other 99% of scenic terrain that isn't part of a national park.
>>
File: 1389572512171s.jpg (11 KB, 203x248) Image search: [Google]
1389572512171s.jpg
11 KB, 203x248
>>628584
>>
Even the most touristy North American glampground is better than sitting in some flat field jerking off reindeer n shit. That forest is swamp and those "mountains" are barely hills.
>>
>>628449
Americans are allowed to disperse camp anywhere on National Forest Service land, Bureau of Land Management Land or U.S. Department of Agriculture Land. There are certain rules you have to follow depending on which type of land (whether or not you can have a fire, how close to water you can camp, etc.) You have to pay to camp at any campsites, and cant disperse camp near them, and you can't disperse camp at National Parks or National Monuments. Basically what >>628456 said
>There are different classifications of public land. BLM is basically free-for-all, National Forest is generally chill, and National Park is hermetically sealed scenery, look don't touch.

>>628459
>Allow me to doubt. A couple of hundred of acres isn't really a ranch or anything you'd "go out" on.
There are guys here in Montana with 100,000+ acre "ranches" Hell one Wal-Mart billionaire just bought a 150,000 acre ranch in Montana, and already owns a 550,000 acre ranch in Wyoming.
>>
File: forest1a.png (118 KB, 777x441) Image search: [Google]
forest1a.png
118 KB, 777x441
>"USA has a lot of forest"

Looks like tiny splotches. The largest American national park -Yellowstone- is only a few miles wide. Where are have you hidden the parks that are larger than the California?
>>
File: River_in_the_Urals.jpg (77 KB, 438x274) Image search: [Google]
River_in_the_Urals.jpg
77 KB, 438x274
>>628449
Go suck a dick dude. North America is way better than Europe to go /out/, we have great places too but there is a new level of huge scale, just look at the size of it, fucking gigantic and with fewer population than here. We can't even compare. I'm European (true European, not some scandi somali) and I have to admit that because that's nothing wrong with it. Nothing stops you to go enjoy the American wilderness and Americans are usually brotier (not speaking about niggers and spics of course).

As far as Europe, would be neat be allowed to freely enjoy the Russian Urals but I guess that's a new level of clusterfuck to go there, if there is any Ruskie anon here pls give some lights about it.

Anyways, enjoy what you have, enjoy what other countries have if you can and stop trying to bait ppl into stupid America vs Europe bitching.

>pic related life goal to visit one day
>>
>>628645
What do you have against woodlands
>>
>>628657
>(true European, not some scandi somali
so you live in some cramped shithole with no true outdoors culture and traditionalism and somehow think your opinion holds merit?
>>
>>628645
I love how Japan simply does not exist on this map
>>
>>628459
>Couple hundred acres.
>not an enormous tract of land.
Yeah man, that's fucking huge. It's a small ranch. If its wooded you're not gonna see other people, if its in the mountains you probably wont have a neighbor within a mile or so.
>>
>>628741
>less than a thousand acres
>"huge" in America

lmao

If you land isn't measured in square kilometers it is just a backyard, not fucking land.
>>
>>628525
>>628516
>>628509
greenland + 2,166,086 km2
>>
>>628645
National parks are very tiny, small, secluded areas that are heavily protected.

National forests, BLM land, and state forests are infinitely bigger.

National parks make up less than 1% of US public land.

That map excludes the huge areas in the USA that are still very wild, grasslands, mountain ranges, and the like.
>>
>>628725
What is Japan?
>>
>>628645
You're confusing National Parks with National Forests.
>>
>>628742
We measure our land in sections of 640 acres, or 1 square mile. That's a bit more than 2.5 of your anemic square kilometers.
>>
File: MTE4MDAzNDEwNjUzNjQ0MzAy.jpg (18 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
MTE4MDAzNDEwNjUzNjQ0MzAy.jpg
18 KB, 300x300
>>628640
>Hell one Wal-Mart billionaire just bought a 150,000 acre ranch in Montana, and already owns a 550,000 acre ranch in Wyoming
Damn son, that's bigger than the urban area of Paris.
>>
File: 1354043858884.png (225 KB, 922x882) Image search: [Google]
1354043858884.png
225 KB, 922x882
>tfw you're a 1 hour drive from Crownland
>>
>>628777
Still less than a thousand acres.

My family's summer cottages sit on more land.
>>
>>628811
Whoo-hoo
>>
File: sTH7ErX.jpg (28 KB, 540x662) Image search: [Google]
sTH7ErX.jpg
28 KB, 540x662
>>628811
Pompous ass.
>>
>>628815
back to >>>/k/ with you, faggot
>>
>>628449
Private land do whatever the fuck you want.
Public land there's rules depending on its classification.
>>
>>628449
Nevada is probably bigger than Germany and most of it is federal land. Montana is bigger than most euro countries with only a million people. How the fuck does anyone in Europe go /out/?
>>
>>628811
My family owns 4,200 acres for ranching in Montana, get fucked
>>
File: map fight.png (23 KB, 623x751) Image search: [Google]
map fight.png
23 KB, 623x751
>>629008
Germany is 25% larger than Nevada but you're right about Montana being larger than Germany. When you start comparing US states to European countries, it's amazing how small most of those countries are. Look at all the fighting in the twentieth century over Northern Ireland, which is about as big as Connecticut and not in a strategically important location nor filled with valuable natural resources. Just anther European pissing match over crumbs.
>>
>>629020
>another Euro pissing match
>responding to someone who doesnt bother to answer OP and rather instate his own pissing match with Yurop
>>
>>629034
I haven't killed anyone over this thread. Plenty of people were killed over Northern Ireland. So yes, stupid Euro pissing match.
>>
how does camping on anothers private land work for you in america? you do not seem to have the "freedom to roam" that we got in scandinavia. it also surprises me that you have so many different regulations based on location. how strictly are these enforced? how often have you met any kind of authorities when /out/?
>>
>>629056
>how does camping on anothers private land work for you in america?

That's pretty much hobo-tier behavior. Disregard for the property of others is boorish at best.
>>
>>628811
>My family's summer cottages sit on crown land.

FTFY
>>
>>629059
to most scandinavians that point of view is a bit abstract. moving through property isn't in any way disregard. the trails here have existed long before any family got owners rights and we have traditions for using them. you don't really have the freedom to move across the land it seems, that's very sad to be honest family
>>
>>629066
Scandinavians really are the most entitled, arrogant cunts on earth. I hope that shit burns by the sandniggers hands asap.
>>
File: SWEDEN-master675.jpg (113 KB, 675x450) Image search: [Google]
SWEDEN-master675.jpg
113 KB, 675x450
>>629072
Most of their countries were ethnically and culturally cohesive. Now that many of them have been bitten by the multiculturalism bug, the trust in strangers is going to plummet. Sven doesn't care if Olaf crosses his land because he knows Olaf is similar to him and won't mess things up. But the first time he finds Fuaad stealing his skis and burning down his barn, he's going to insist on building a fence and having trespassing laws.
>>
>>629072
you have to remember their countries are tiny as fuck and they barely have any land to camp on as is. any further restrictions and you're basically forcing Anders to remain in his ϲuϲkshed during his allotted leisure hours.
>>
>>629072
american, calling others entitled. manifest destiny much, faggot. your shit will get fucked by a civil war long before anything burns here
>>629074
it's true about our culture being cohesive. but we're not america, and what applies to you might not here. maybe you just watch too much television, you seem a bit paranoid like most of you guys. people are inherently good yknow, which you would if you really went outside.
>>629079
confirmed for not ever being in scandinavian wilderness
>>
>>628645
There is over 57 MILLION acres of National Wilderness Preservation Areas in Alaska alone
The Frank Church-River of No Return Wilderness in Idaho near me is over 2 million acres. The Sierra Nevada Crest in California is 2.5 million acres. Adirondak Park in the New York Area is over 6 million acres. The U.S. has about 5% of the land in the country being federally or state protected wilderness.
>>
america is a big place
>>
>>629082
Meanwhile, Sweden has a rape epidemic that is one of the worst in the world and is running out of money due to spending on refugees. Think you've got thinks reversed. Americans know how much trouble immigrants bring because it's a nation made up of them. Not sure about non scand Finland but seems like the Scandinavians are very naive. I'll keep your post in mind when I'm watching your homes on CNN burn to the ground while immigrants dance around them with glee. They'll be happy with your "everyone is welcome to everything I own" policy.
>>
>>629082

>people are inherently good

yeah that philosophy doesn't fly here on 4chan.
>>
>>629082
>confirmed for not ever being in scandinavian wilderness
why would I want to, I've got 200x more unrestricted wilderness to enjoy without having to creep around someone else's back yard
>>
>>629082
but pussy your country is already burning as we speak and you can't even stand against it or you'll be thrown in jail because muh hate speech. your women are embracing muhamed and makongo's dick. all of that while you can't even approach a nordic qt without her calling for rape and women oppression. pls enjoy your 1M sandniggers influx in the next year because scandi swedekek as we once knew will cease its existence in 10 years max. if you're near the norwegian border go to there, they still have a chance if they look at how you sissy boys are doing and make stop the "progression" there.
>>
>>629087
nice ignorance and racism bro
>>
>>629087
You forget to mention that Sweden has a islamist immigrant problem. When you take large amounts of mud slimes from the middle east and implant them into a western country you are going to run into a rape problem because it's acceptable to rape women in those countries. America knows that certain immigrants cause problems, like people who come here illegally and undercut the wage market.
>>629100
It's not racist when it's true.
>>
I (American, fuck yeah!) own 40 acres and it seems like alot when I walk the perimeter, but it IS only 40 acres...

Still, enough for me and my two wives.
>>
>>629117
>two wives
you misspelled waifus anon
>>
>>629128
> waifus
> not FLDS approved spelling

Nope.
>>
>>629100
I remember when I was still taking the blue pill. Just wait, one day you will get red pilled. Then you will look back and think WTF was I thinking.
>>
>>628811
Yeah but does your family own the land?
>>
>>629087
Meanwhile, the USA is what Sweden will look like in 20 years.

You literally have more blacks in a single city than all of Sweden does.

You have non-whites outside urban areas.

You have crime happening in the outdoors.
>>
>>629175
Google "campground - reststop murders".

Always carry a gun.
>>
File: Gov Land Map.jpg.jpg (183 KB, 868x592) Image search: [Google]
Gov Land Map.jpg.jpg
183 KB, 868x592
>>628645
>Where are have you hidden the parks that are larger than the California?
They aren't parks. They are just unimproved land.
>>
>>629189
why half of the country has almost none governmental land?
>>
>>629192

The obvious answer would be because people own it, anon.
>>
>>629203
Lel, yeah but have anything to do with state rules or something? They can only sell land in the east coast?
>all those woods being private
I wish I was American so I could by land and live there.
>>
>>629209
Much of the land in the western US isn't the best place to build a house. It's BLM land because no one else wanted it.
>>
>>Meanwhile Canada is larger than the US second only to Russia
>>
>>629222
And Canada has but a fraction of the population ofthe US. Americans will burn through their natural resources long before we do
>>
>>629224
> burn thru resources

Except for fresh water.

Canada has the highest fresh water/populous in the world, I dare say!
>>
File: 1434557906988.jpg (52 KB, 610x288) Image search: [Google]
1434557906988.jpg
52 KB, 610x288
>>629224
>implying America wouldn't just take your syrup resources if needed
>>
>>629224
Fuck you, eh?

We will burn through EVERYBODY'S resources long before they do!

Bwahaha!
>>
>>629086
Why does it put up with the blacks?
>>
>>629086
4U
>>
File: 1324328999227.png (1 KB, 348x320) Image search: [Google]
1324328999227.png
1 KB, 348x320
>>629175
Meanwhile, we're all afforded the right to own and carry firearms fire self defense, which makes almost all of your post invalid.

Juxtapose that with cückland (scandinavia), and the same people who are importing migrants are the same people who disarmed your entire civilian population. Leaving you defenseless and open to be attacked by all those "poor unfortunate" muslim extremist refugees while you're building your cückshed in the scandinavian wilderness.

Stay cücked, Sven
>>
>>629209
The BLM claims land that's not economically viable for a private holder. You can buy land from them, but nobody does because it's just not worth anything.
>>
>>628449
In my state, I can camp, build a camp fire, and shit in any geocache I want.

We have more forest than any other state in the union.

We also have more wilderness than any state in the union, besides Alaska.

guess the state.
>>
>>628760
enjoy your giant lake of a country when the ice sheet melts due to global warming
>>
>>629331
Maine?
>>
>>628449
The thing you have to realize is sure its illegal but who is going to catch you ? No law enforcement is out in the bush besides game wardens who's primary concern is fish and game infractions. (I have never seen one ever in a hiking only zone). The laws aren't there to mess with woodsmen, its meant to stop the brain dead drooling public from going 50 yards from the parking lot and then start fucking up the environment doing dumb shit.
>>
>>629066
We have more trails than we could ever travel in our lifetimes. If private property borders public land and hampers a natural trail typically the trail keeps going and the public gets a right of way but that doesn't mean you get to deviate off the trail and go into the private property.

Most really cool natural features that were privately owned have been long since donated for public use.
>>
>>629192
That's the part of the country most valuable for farming. Also the east has been settled twice as long as the west do there aren't as many unowned tracts of land.
>>
File: 1414640328826.gif (2 MB, 456x240) Image search: [Google]
1414640328826.gif
2 MB, 456x240
>>629189
>1995
>>
>>628449
If I want to camp I go to my local wilderness areas and use abandoned logging roads to go as far out as I want, then camp anywhere I want.
>>
>>628645
>Yellowstone
>A few miles wide

u fuckin wot

it's like 70 miles wide, and it's not even the biggest national park
>>
File: TryAndStopUs1.jpg (26 KB, 450x370) Image search: [Google]
TryAndStopUs1.jpg
26 KB, 450x370
>>629233
>>
>>629409
Nice!

Nice to be in the most abundently entitle generation in the wealthiest country on the planet... EVER!

Enjoy it with me while it lasts, because it won't...
>>
>>629406
70 is pretty much a few if you use the metric system.
>>
>>629460
70 miles = 112.65 km
>>
>>628645
Is there even anywhere in Sweden more than 10 miles from a road? I can't find anywhere.
>>
>>629523
10 miles = 16 kilometers. So just about the size of a regular, who-gives-a-shit forest. Is this considered a big whoop in the USA?
>" The only place you can be 22 miles away from road in the contiguous states is a spot in the southeast corner of Yellowstone National Park in Wyoming."

Oh

I am sorry
>>
>>629584
Show me a spot farther from a road in Sweden.
>>
File: Rapadalen-mittre-25.jpg (3 MB, 2485x2041) Image search: [Google]
Rapadalen-mittre-25.jpg
3 MB, 2485x2041
>>629586
Easiest would be just to pick Sarek, or anywhere in the fells.

https://www.google.com/maps/@67.3860123,17.0802009,12z

Wew, lad.

It is one eight the size of Yellowstone yet has zero roads.

Why? Because it is not made for unfit ADHD-sufferers who need cliffnotes to nature.
>>
File: hahafaggot.jpg (48 KB, 330x319) Image search: [Google]
hahafaggot.jpg
48 KB, 330x319
>>628449
ITT: OP gets BTFO over and over
>>
>>629599
Yet looking at that picture. You still have trouble being 22 miles away from any road. There is a road about 5 miles to the east-northeast, across the border. And there is a road into Nikkaloukta to the north Kivikkjok to the south...plus a road INTO the the park to Ritsem.

Also, I can't prove it, but it seems to me, that the center of the Frank Church River of No Return Wilderness is farther from any road than any point in Yellowstone. It is massive compared to Yellowstone.
>>
>>628684
Stop trying to stir shit up.
>>
File: 1433510633760.jpg (25 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
1433510633760.jpg
25 KB, 499x499
>>628509

>all desert
>>
>>628449
It sounds like you're talking about Australia anon, just ignore it and camp anyway.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1447407601730.jpg (134 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1447407601730.jpg
134 KB, 960x540
Murrica
>>
>>629606
>There is a road about 5 miles to the east-northeast, across the border.

You either misread the scale or picked the edge of the park. This was the idea:
>"Show me a spot farther from a road in Sweden."
>>
>>629616
>Implying the desert isn't a great place to go /out/
>>
File: see the difference.jpg (780 KB, 2303x767) Image search: [Google]
see the difference.jpg
780 KB, 2303x767
>>629736
not that anon but yeah no. You can't even compare desu, I know some people will get mad but that's how the things are. Green, lively places > neutral with nothing to see places.

But hey that's just my opinion.
>>
>>629742
Only liberal pussies and whiny cücks are unable to find pleasure in going /out/ inna desert

Sorry you're so feckless, anon
>>
File: Vegetation.png (312 KB, 1280x561) Image search: [Google]
Vegetation.png
312 KB, 1280x561
>>629748
>Only liberal pussies
>liberal
what have that anything to do with liking or not your shithole biome?

Sorry you're retarded, anon.
>>
>>629748
>overreacting to an opinion
>ad hominem attack
>no points made
>obviously triggered, don't realize it

I think it may actually be YOU who is devoid of feck.
>>
>>629742
It is just your opinion, and it happens to be a wrong opinion. If you think there's nothing to see in a desert, you have never spent any time in the desert.
>>
>>628449
Ever heard of dispersed camping?
I thought not.
>>
>>629753
That map is horribly generalised and bordering on inaccurate
>>
>>628490
Dunno about other countries but finland is basically a huge forest
>>
>>629742
Man I spent a week in the Chilean desert once, one of the best vacation time I've ever spent.
>>
>>628645
0/10
>>
No sign has ever, ever stopped me from camping where I want to camp. Break their shitty ass laws. Be willing to go to jail over the observance of nature. One day we will be able to camp where we wish.
>>
>>628449
>I'm tempted to visit some American national parks but if they're this extremely restricted I'd rather postpone my America trip indefinitely and go to Canada or Alaska in a more distant future
>America [...] or Alaska

u wot m8
>>
>>630225
This just in, yuropoors are retarded
Are you really surprised?
>>
>>629117
You, wait... wot? Have two wives?
>>
>>628449
Stay out of america. You're not missing much.
I'm amurrican.
>>
>>629753
>>629757
Feckless liberal pussies detected. It's easier to criticize than to actually do whatever you're criticizing, little libtard kiddies. If you reply to this post, you only admit you're a liberal pussy who can't hack it in the desert
>>
>>631140
Let's be honest here,
Our politicians are pretty corrupt,
The general public is kinda stupid,
But the natural beauty of the United States is truly one of a kind.

We have the Rockies, the Appilachians, the ozarks, the grand canyon, the Mojave desert, massive rivers, the great lakes, the everglades, seemingly endless forests and the great plains, etc, and all in one country.

Don't be a fag anon.
>>
>>632599
>Our politicians are pretty corrupt,
>The general public is kinda stupid,
>But the natural beauty of MUH HOMELAND is truly one of a kind.

said any faggot from any country except for denmark and luxembourg
>>
>>629117
LDS?
>>
File: 2015-11-15 09.39.25.jpg (2 MB, 1532x1664) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-15 09.39.25.jpg
2 MB, 1532x1664
op. theres lots of woods to go all out camping. but, what about alaska, thats survival shit.
>>
>>632632
Omg this fucking alaska meme tier garbage
>>
>>632605
Name another country that has artic tundra, arid deserts, lush temperate forests, high rocky peaks, tropical islands, white sand beaches, rocky cold water coastline, vast plains, and giant lakes.

China and Russia are about the only 2, with Russia not really having anything tropical. And China lacking true artic environment.
>>
>>632635
There really us no other country as geographically diverse as the USA.
>>
>>632635
Canada does not have tropical islands it stole from other nations, but it is indeed larger complete with a lush boreal forest spanning from sea to sea replete with far more natural resources than the USA will ever have.
>>
>>632640
>Canada talking about stealing land from natives
Really?
>>
>>632642
Americans perfected the art first.
>>
http://defence.pk/threads/pakistan-india-china-and-usa-the-most-geographically-diverse-countries.275381/
>632636
>>632635
It is certainly not the USA
>>
File: download_20151118_181308.jpg (209 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
download_20151118_181308.jpg
209 KB, 1280x960
>>6326bro i live in allegan michigan
>>
>>632643
So you're just living in our shadow, like always?
>>
>>632658
How does it feel to be hated by the rest of the world? Please put an American flag on your back and travel outside the USA
>>
>>632640
>tropical islands it stole from other nations
>Florida doesn't exist

And don't try to play semantics; "tropical island" can refer to an island with a tropical climate as well as an island within the tropics.
>>
>>632606
Blowup dolls
>>
>>632668
I've been all over Europe and never got grief for being American
I guess the Yuropoors wanted my dollhairs too much to be dicks
>>
Euros really have no concept of how big and beautiful our public lands are. Shit, Our trees are so fucking big, you just have to see it to believe. My BiL brought his father over here from Hungary. They had heard of "giant sequoias" but the commits told them it was American bullshit, that we exaggerate and say we have everything bigger better etc. I took him to big trees STATE PARK, near my house in Arnold CA and he was literally in shock staring at a 350' 2500 year old tree. He was hugging it, dancing around like a child just amazed. I live in N. California in based, shall issue, Calaveras county, behind my house is a mixture of BLM and private unpopulated land that has virtually no humans or human structure for 20-30 miles because rugged. I'm at 900' elevation and the mountains due east of my property rise to 3,000' I can literally be innawoods (oak and pine) within 100 meters and fish for native trout 300 meters from my back door (after an mildly arduous descent down to the Calaveras river)
It's truly amazing what good stewards of this land we've been compared to other nations...you fuckers are lucky we got it first... Imagine what the gooks would have done to it....
>>
>>628645

Uh largest National park in the lower 48 is Death Valley, not Yellowstone.

Largest including Alaska is Wrangell-Saint Elias.
>>
File: Q8803-Psz2M.jpg (340 KB, 1280x927) Image search: [Google]
Q8803-Psz2M.jpg
340 KB, 1280x927
>>628449
>>632759
Why are you telling people relevant information? Why do you even care? You're so narcistic and egocentric that you want to feel yourself important and proud even by doing fake ass offers, you really think it matters if they know there is carcas that might attract bears? so what they gonna do now, go back home? Or do you expect them to get on their knees and praise you for your kindness? No, deep inside you really wish them to get killed by bear, it will give you some adrenaline rush and you'll have a cool story to tell your friends(if you have any) to surprise them and get some attention that will feed your narcistic ego, so stop being asshole and pretending you give a fuck about someones life
>>
>>628449
>How exactly does one go /out/ in America?
Alright douchebag.....
91% of the state of Nevada is federally administered public lands
66% of the state of Utah is federally administered public lands
33% of the state of New Mexico is federally administered public lands

While you can't set up camp just anywhere on these public lands, there are large tracts of tens of millions of acres that you can....
Before you start a thread like this you should at least know what the hell you're talking about.
>>
>>632837
Nearly 70% of Idaho is public lands as well (split between federal, state and local)
>>
File: 1327972736272.png (17 KB, 159x168) Image search: [Google]
1327972736272.png
17 KB, 159x168
>>632646
>posting a discussion thread from another forum with zero proof to anything anyone says
>posting it as evidence of some sort
>>
>>632851
On one hand its plenty of public land to go /out/. On the other hand its also Idaho.
>>
File: stelprdb5364888.jpg (137 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
stelprdb5364888.jpg
137 KB, 1024x768
>>633026
Idaho has some pretty GOAT rivers for rafting and fishing
>>
>>632643
At least we don't treat the surviving natives like Canada does.
>>
>>632668
They hate us until they need us to save their asses. Then they change their tune.
Thread replies: 158
Thread images: 30

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.