[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Music Theory Learning
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
I've been trying to start learning musical theory (keys and time signatures mainly) for a while but have never known where to start.

Does /mu/ have any tips or do any of you know any good resources to start learning with?
>>
>>65752930
learn an instrument, preferably piano.
will make it a lot easier
>>
>>65752943
I know piano and guitar, still really confuses me
>>
go to the /comp/ general

We're starting a composition YouTube live video stream that will teach music theory and how to apply it. The first stream is currently scheduled for tomorrow at 6 p.m., US Central Time
>>
>>65752979
how do i join?
>>
>>65752973
have you even been instructed?
>>
>>65753026
i had piano lessons from when i started to grade 3 and guitar lessons for 3 years
>>
>>65753009
You just go to the YouTube link when it's posted. The live video stream provides a chat window so you can ask all your questions. The current /comp/ thread is here

>>65709867

Also email [email protected] to be added to the mailing list
>>
>>65753036
And somehow, this entire time, you didn't learn time signatures, keys, chords, shit like that? Who the fuck was actually teaching you?
>>
Music theory has nothing to do with music, it's closer to math.
>>
i have no musical skills or instruction but even i can identify time signatures to an extent

someone is teaching you wrong, op
>>
>>65753114
>>65753158
i did learn some but all basic
my teachers weren't the best desu
>>
>>65753456
seek for the best teachers then
>>
>>65753456
My brother is a really nice singer and decent guitarist, though playing with him is frustrating because he can't keep time very well.

I found out whilst talking about American Football with him that he literally can't tell time signatures apart by ear. Like it all sounds the same. How does someone learn classical guitar and can't tell that never meant is not in standard time?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.