[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Good Kid, M.A.A.D City is the superior rap album. To Pimp a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: gkmc.jpg (207 KB, 1055x1069) Image search: [Google]
gkmc.jpg
207 KB, 1055x1069
Good Kid, M.A.A.D City is the superior rap album.

To Pimp a Butterfly is the superior hip-hop album.
>>
excuse you
>>
what does that even mean
>>
You must be one of those white boys that just admitted to like hip-hop culture at all, but fails miserable anyways.
>>
word
>>
>>61887130
You meant to say
>Good Kid, M.A.A.D City is the superior rapping album
Rap isn't a genre, its like saying electric guitar is a separate genre from rock
>>
>>61880060

Go back to your containment thread.
>>
>>61887352
this desu
>>
File: whycantishiggy.png (52 KB, 194x259) Image search: [Google]
whycantishiggy.png
52 KB, 194x259
>>61887130
>>
I found GKMC to be exceptionally stereotypical - "growing up rough in Compton" are you for real!? And the follow up - "The Black Mans Struggle".

Just so dull and uninspiring. Musically the latter LP was extremely dreary and in some places - outright arid.
>>
>>61887369
For someone claiming to be helpful RE: 'the rules and culture of this board' you fucked it up pretty badly by identifying yourself with a trip.

Let me help YOU: this is an anonymous image board, turn off your fucking trip you attention whoring cunt
>>
>>61887130
Well put! What's the difference again? :)
>>
>>61887424
what should the album have been about?
should he have rapped about YOUR experiences instead?
>>
>>61887352
THANK YOU ANON
>>
>>61887456
See: >>61887444
>>
>>61887352
>>61887371
>>61887501
you truly are special. gratz
>>
>>61887424
GKMC is actually about growing up rough in Compton as much as Come on, Feel the Illinoise! is actually about Illinois. The setting is Compton, but it's about Kendrick's dual life as a good kid and someone who gets swept up in gang life with his friends and the day that changed his life forever.
>>
>>61887524
turn it off, it's getting embarrassing now.

Obviously people are calling for you to get a grip in multiple threads - time to turn off the computer, you're humiliating yourself.
>>
>>61887568
how original, "i grew up in a bad environment and had friends who made bad decisions"

sounds pretty fucking stereotypical for a rap album mate
>>
>>61887620
show me another album about the true story of your friend getting shot and dying in front of you and forever changing your life and you'll have a point. The change has to be positive as well– Kendrick stopped smoking and drinking and focused on achieving his dream of being a rapper afterward.
>>
>>61887620
Most albums in general are about common, relatable experiences. If you think "growing up in Compton" is inherently a bad album topic but can go listen to any of the billions of songs written about love, pls anon
>>
>>61887577
Galileo had a lot of opposers too, but he didn't stop as soon as he saw that.
>>
>>61887736
fucking kek
seriously dude you're just embarrassing yourself
>>
>>61887130
>kendrick
>superior rap
>superior hip-hop
no thank you. i'll stick to pac & big l.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.