[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Currently listening to Black Star, going to do a track by track
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: black star.jpg (34 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
black star.jpg
34 KB, 1500x1500
Currently listening to Black Star, going to do a track by track reaction. Playing right now is title track, which I already listened to.
>>
First song is still pretty cool. But I feel like it sounds a bit different.
>>
I really enjoy the sax in the song. It's almost done, only a minute more
>>
>>61404069
what kind of sound is he goin for, how does the overall style compare to his previous stuff?
>>
Overall, pretty cool opener. Not the most amazing song I've heard by him so far, but a good way to open it. Second song is starting and it sounds pretty damn awesome already.

>>61404159
It sounds like Hunky Dory/Ziggy Bowie mixed with like post-punk
>>
This song kicks ass. But Bowie really sounds like an old man when he says whore, almost like it's not even an insult, just a word. Also, GOD DAMN THAT SAX.
>>
2nd song was awesome. Moving onto the 3rd track.
>>
>>61404159

It sounds like a mix of Outside, Earthling and Hours, with a little bit of Low and Heroes in there.
>>
I like the vibe of the song so far.
>>
I kinda wish Bowie sounded a bit more sad in this song, like an absolute train wreck.
>>
Songs about to end. Overall I enjoyed it. Certain elements to it were pretty great, but overall I still enjoy the second track more. I kinda was hoping this track was a bit more depressing, since it has that sound to it, but oh well.
>>
4th song starting, interesting start to it so far. Bowie's voice doesn't really match the guitar though, it sounds weird when they're paired together.
>>
How are you hearing it OP? Did it leak?
>>
>>61404406
It leaked yesterday. Downloaded the better quality link that anons posted
>>
Ok, so I didn't really like the 4th track. 5th track started and Bowie's voice is a bit grating on this so far.
>>
>>61404406

Yes, link's here >>61387879
>>
hahahaha the way it echos on the high note is pretty funny. I'm not sure if that was intended but I can't really take this track seriously.
>>
>>61404418
Ah right. I figured it'd leak soon but wasn't paying much attention.
>>61404440
Thanks!
>>
Yeah, I don't really like this track very much. This is probably my least favorite track so far.
>>
>>61404462

You're welcome, it's a vinyl rip and the quality isn't great but it's better than nothing, obviously.
>>
Track 5 ended. Overall not something I'd listen to frequently. Track 6 is starting and already liking it. Has a nice sweet opening to it.
>>
I actually really like the sound on this track, it's great. Probably my favorite track now. I really want more of that sax though
>>
OH SHIT, I SPOKE TOO SOON. SAX IS BACK.
>>
Track 6 was great. Transition from track 6 to 7 also sounds great and track 7 sounds nice. I'm surprised at how quick this album went by, I was expecting it to go back faster.
>>
Final thoughts on this is that it was a little short. Should have made it a bit longer, since the last track feels way too conclusive despite it coming by too fast. I'd say if the album were maybe 5-10 minutes longer it would have been better. Probably make songs like Lazarus and Sue a bit longer to pad it out, give it a bit more meat. It just sounds a bit too tight and because of that it feels a bit thin.
>>
Also, for an album inspired by death grips, it doesn't really give off a death grips vibe.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.