[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/prod/ - Music Production General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: xmas-lunga.png (461 KB, 551x545) Image search: [Google]
xmas-lunga.png
461 KB, 551x545
"Too busy to post because unwrapping new synths" edition.

Production Resources:
>Pastebin - Links, books, videos, articles, tutorials and stuff
http://pastebin.com/pYGCLu6q

>/prod/ wiki - still looking for contributors (wink, wink, WINK)
http://mu-sic-production.wikia.com
There's a severe lack of DAW descriptions in the wiki. If you're good with your tool of choice, consider writing a paragraph about it.

Learn that Image-Line is going to bring back graph editors eventually, and that you should just buy whatever you fucking want to buy though

Remember to use clyp.it to post your tracks/WIP : posting a clyp.it is just providing sound for a question, posting a soundcloud link is making self-advertisement and the thread doesn't need that.

Remember to check other peoples' clyp.it links to keep the thread healthy.
>>
Spill it, what did you all get?
>>
>>61256120
>not linking the old thread
>>
>>61256197
Coulda done it yourself instead of complainin'.

Previously on Lunga: >>61225394
>>
File: 1448224650541.jpg (927 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
1448224650541.jpg
927 KB, 2000x2000
>tfw just found out Camel Audio is dead
Where the fuck can I get CamelPhat and Alchemy now?
>>
>>61256789
Torrent it pham.
>>
alright two questions, what's the most interesting vst you have?

Second one, how the fuck do i play live with fl12?
>>
>>61253686
Yes lots of portamento / slides. I just have 1 long note that slides to different notes, Ideally just before the beat, so that as the beat hits, the note is fully changed.
>>
>>61256948
If you seriously want to play live move away from fl.
>>
trying to make the weeknd sexy kind of beat

this is what ive come up with so far

https://clyp.it/ez3jjgrf

thoughts on what to improve?
>>
>>61256132
in addition to the microsampler i got a couple of days ago, i also got $40 gift cards for my local music store and my local record store.

probably gonna put it towards a cheap mixer and a bunch of records to sample
>>
Guys I need a sampler

>bleeps oriented (if that's a thing)
>4 to 8 tracks
>don't need some crazy ass mofucka thing like an Octatrack (for now). Having said that, I do want it to have good sound quality and some flexibility at manipulating clips
>preferable under $500 if that's possible, cheaper the better (while I save/sell a kidney to get an octatrack later next year)

any recommendations?
>>
>>61259070
The fuck is "bleeps"?
>>
>>61259080

house, techno, list goes on
>>
>>61259070
The two I see people talk about the most are Korg's Electribe Sampler and the Roland SP-404. It doesn't look like they measure their sound capabilities in tracks though, they just tell you how many voices of polyphony you can have at once. I don't have either one so I can't comment on how flexible either one is but those are two popular ones in that price range. You might just be better off to start saving for Octatrack now though.
>>
Help /prod/, I'm considering using some of my money to buy something practical like a bundle of FabFilter plugins, but I also kind of want to get something more 'fun' like the TR-8 or a hardware synth. Convince me one way or another
>>
>>61259186

thanks, looking at some comparisons between Electribe/Octatrack, seems like the Electribe does what I need for now
>>
>>61259070
Any hardware sampler is completely outmatched by a VST and a midi controller.
>>
>>61259186
>>61259254
does anybody need me to make my anti-404 speech?
>>
>>61259270
Please do, I've never read it before (not a regular here on /prod/)

>>61259267
In terms of pure capability yes, but some people prefer the hardware workflow/getting away from computers. If J Dilla was alive he wouldn't be 'upgrading' to Ableton + controller, he would still be using his SP-1200.
>>
>>61259267

I want to move away from using a DAW at least when I'm "jamming". just my workflow. I have nothing against DAWs/controllers

>>61259270
pls do
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.