[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This album is classic whether you like it or not
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: Cover.jpg (272 KB, 1775x1775) Image search: [Google]
Cover.jpg
272 KB, 1775x1775
You can continue to throw your buzzwords at the screen like spoiled toddlers but the fact remains: this album HAS and will continue to change music as we know it and be remembered as time passes.

Nobody has ever made such a charismatic, intelligent, insightful, innovative and creative album since Kid A or Noontide. Furthermore, you can continue to hate this by proclaiming it's a product of "pretention", but the fact remains, it's so much more than that. It's honest, It's all-encompassing, it's earth-shattering. It's as forward-thinking as it gets for progressive rock in 2015.

It's very experimental and not many will give it a chance because HHH is an easy target to make fun of, but furthermore, it truly deserves all the acclaim it has and will get in the future.

Hate all you want, you know objectively it's 10/10. The instrumentation, lyrics and concept are like no other.
>>
This is surprisingly true.
>>
fuck off boldfaure
>>
His vocals are lame, the horns are cheesy, and its not nearly as intricate rhythmically or structurally as Asthethica.
And its boring.
>real black metal
>>
>>61169570
>and its not nearly as intricate rhythmically or structurally as Asthethica
Objectively wrong
>>
>>61169347
I'll agree that compositionally and artistically the album is pretty good, but the awful production and vocals drag it down. It's a solid release, but nowhere near classic.
>>
In concept, it had the potential to be all that. In execution, it's underwhelming. It's a good album, but nothing mindblowing. Also, how the fuck has it changed music your speaking out of your ass lmao
>>
>>61169655
>Also, how the fuck has it changed music your speaking out of your ass lmao
this thread is a spoof of that one >>61167752
>>
>>61169347
I'd rather listen to one of my own farts on a loop for 17 hours than consume that pretentious bullshit
>>
My favorite metal album of the year, but I wouldn't go that far dude
>>
>>61169618
please, substantiate your argument with a word other than "objectively" if you're not going to provide evidence :^)
>this album put me to sleep
>>
>>61169570
From someone who loved both, Aesthetica is much more intricate. The focus there was the interplay of the instrument rhythms, while the focus of Ark Work is being fucking bizarre in other ways.
>>
This album has been out forever, and it totally went over my head. Why is it getting attention now?
>>
HHH pls go
>>
>>61169797
It's gotten attention all year.
>>
Wasted potential: The Album
The aim was so interesting, and certain high points (Kel Valhaal, Reign Array) hint at amazing possibilities for whatever the fuck they're trying to do. But most of it sounds very unsure of itself, as opposed to Renihilation and Aesthethica, which were so to-the-point and bold. Every time I listen I think of ways where changing little things could have made a world of difference. There are great ideas that are explored and then never revisited (the skipping in KV would have been amazing to hear elsewhere, the Fanfare horns could have been used in other songs, etc). Not to mention the dull as fuck mastering, I have no idea how they let that happen when Aesthethica sounded so great.
>>
Liturgy is the worst thing to happen in metal music, along with Deafheaven
>>
>>61169347
agreed
>>
>>61169877
hows it feel to be a walking talking strawman
>>
>>61169877
Don't lump Liturgy in with those worthless frauds.
>>
>>61169347
i dont see how anybody could think this is better than aesthethica

its good but aesthethica is the greatest album ever made
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.