[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/anco/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 30
File: animal-collective.jpg (242 KB, 525x394) Image search: [Google]
animal-collective.jpg
242 KB, 525x394
new Animal Collective album entitled 'Painting With'
first single entitled 'Floridada' premiering Nov 30th
>>
>>60684514
I can't believe it's finally happening.
So hyped for that single desu
What do you guys think it will sound like?
>>
>>60684723
The snippet of FloriDada sounds great.

I'd say a mixture of Sung Tongs and Strawberry Jam/MPP.
>>
never seen or heard of it, is it in the charts?
>>
>>60684514
source on everything
>>
>>60684738
>I'd say a mixture of Sung Tongs and Strawberry Jam/MPP.
Holy shit
I don't know if you guys remember but there was that one dude who claimed he was from the future like a year or so ago on /mu/ and answered questions about music and when asked about the new AnCo he said new stuff will be coming in 2016 and it will sound like old AnCo.
Maybe he was onto something.
>>
>>60684738
>snippet of FloriDada

Where? I thought there were only snippets of The Burglars and Vertical.
>>
>>60684911
Oh, my bad. The snippet I was talking about was The Burglars.
>>
>>60684923
Ah damn. I thought I had missed a snippet.
>>
>>60684766
hola
>http://www.stereogum.com/1845951/animal-collective-are-debuting-their-new-album-at-the-baltimore-airport-right-now/news/
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Painting_With
>>
Less than a day /mu/. It's sad to see this little posting for a new AnCo album...
>>
>>60684997
bad timing maybe? hopefully the thread will stay on pages 1/2 though!
>>
>>60684997
I'm sure it'll be everywhere when the album actually releases. This is just a single.
>>
>>60684514
Really excited for this.

Also that's a sweet album title.
>>
>>60684997
CHz killed Animal Collective. That Album was really very bad in retrospective.
>>
>>60685081
Yeah but compared to the CHz hype wave... this is nothing at all.

>>60685018
Let's hope.
>>
im gonna cum
>>
>>60685097
I always thought it was a pretty bad album, and it was even worse being the follow up to MPP.
>>
>>60685118
Pitchfork was actually right for once. It was just around a 7. It wasn't terrible but I mean it's not by any means their best
>>
>>60685097
Yeah, and Golf killed Tyler the Creator. Big deal.
>>
I thought CHz was pretty good. Applesauce is one of my favourite AnCo songs.
>>
>>60685097
>>60685118
>really very bad
>a pretty bad album
>>
I'm almost glad AnCo aren't getting too hyped, it's how they started getting hate before, too many people hyped their albums so people got overexposed and then they weren't as good as the hype. This way people can be eased into how brilliant AnCo are.

I'm hoping it's a phase.

I hope this isn't too "anco by numbers", I hope they properly expand their sound. I'm just nervous this will be shit, bands "going back to their roots" is rarely good.

Pls be good
>>
>>60684847
fuck I remember that

what was the thread?
>>
>>60685097
Anyone else love it? Moonjock, Today's Supernatural, New Town Burnout, and Amanita are all top tier AnCo tracks.
>>
>>60685359
It has a few good songs but it's not as solid as any of the others overall. It's not as memorable all the way through, the songs sound quite similar to eachother
>>
>>60685097
it's not a bad album at all
in fact when it first leaked pretty much most of the posters thought it was great
it has gotten an enormous backlash in the next days, maybe because it was not as friendly as mpp or just a little bit different
Because in chz there's pretty much all of the trademark anco sounds, harmonies and songwriting.
>>
>>60685390
That's true, but it's the best thing AnCo has done this decade.
>>
>>60685424
My only flaw is it seems AnCo has been very lazy. All their efforts are in a trademark sound and not very innovative like their previous studio albums. Enter the Slasher House is just CHz 2.0, while PBVSGR has no soul.
>>
>>60685427
ODDSAC and TTG were quite fun though
>>
>>60685359
honestly the best thing to come out of the entire album's 'era' was the shabazz palaces remix of new town burnout

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puMTrFS3wMc
>>
>>60685548
The original is my favorite song off CHz, but I think that remix is terrible.
>>
File: 1391111513340.gif (271 KB, 500x382) Image search: [Google]
1391111513340.gif
271 KB, 500x382
>>60685588
>mfw New Town Burnout comes on at Qdobas
>>
>Natural Selection
Animal Collective confirmed Darwin drones
new album gonna be good shit though. Floridada fkin tomorrow!!
>>
>>60685097
I like New Town Burnout and Rosie Oh but Avey's pretty much lost his ability to discern quality at this point. I kind of feel like he's just desperate to recapture his youth at this point.
>>
>>60685742
>Darwin drones
Since when was this a thing?
And if I understand the basic concept of that term AC seems to be the opposite
>>
if the album doesnt have at least some edgy abrassiveness on it im done with with these guys
>>
>>60685895
I'd maybe like that, but I don't want it to be abrasive for the sake of it, it needs to be tasteful
>>
>>60686017
i need something like the beginning of april and the phantom at least 1 more time before anco dies mane, we all know they arent going to last much longer, they had a good run
>>
>>60686080

They've said before that AnCo is a lifelong project.

Have you heard the KEXP version of Wide Eyed ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4fan5d_qmY
>>
>>60686080
Yeah anco aren't long for this world, in fact I reckon they should have left it with MPP really, the point of their sound is youthful experimentation
>>
>>60686080
>>60686104
anco will never die

altho i hope they age gracefully
>>
>tfw hating on hz all these years
>giving it a try right now
>realize is not even bad
>realize 7.4 is not even a bad score
>realize the anco boys never lost it
>realize theres still hope
>realize next album will be GOAT
>realize life is beautiful
anco is love, anco is life
happy painting good bless
>>
Sonic Boom said that Painting With is maybe their poppiest album yet (like MPP and CHz but pushed further) with FloriDada being their first "true pop song"

Take that as you will
>>
>>60686141
god*
>>
>>60686100
>They've said before that AnCo is a lifelong project.
souce?
thats cute
i wish i had a band of a lifetime with my childhood friends :(
>>
REAL ANIMAL HOURS WHO TF UP
>>
>>60686242
SMASH DAT BROTHERSPORT SENPAI
>>
>>60686142
Oh....
>>
>>60686142
This makes me nervous
>>
>>60684738
>>60684847
>>60684923
>>60685327
I have no idea where you guys are getting this sung tongs/sj "back to there roots" thing from, the snippets I heard sound exactly like Hz 2.0, down to the drums and aveys vocal delivery. Anco has no patience or exploration in there songs anymore, there so focused on making a concise tune then throwing shit on top of it to make it "interesting". Which is another thing, the actual sounds there using arent doing for me anymore, they need a new palette. It feels like there painting a similar picture with the same 3 colors on every song recently.

Pretty worried about the album desu.
>>
>>60686100
Damn, this is fucking awesome. Where i can find more new anco shit like this?
>>
Holy shit i'm dying. Monday Hype.
>>
>>60686142
oh no
Please not like Everything Everything.
I can take it if it's something like Summertime Clothes, that shit was their poppiest.
>>
All aboard the hype train,chooo choooo!
>>
If this sucks then music will be officially dead
>>
>>60686357
Dear god dude *theIR*
>>
>>60686142
jusd pob shid up :DD
>>
>>60686357
I agree. The Burglars has that same fucking "wavey" vocal delivery that Slasher Flicks and Centipede had.

I honestly didn't care what direction they went in as long as it was something different for them, but going by the clips + Sonic Booms comments it's seems like another throwback.
>>
>>60686357
>throwing shit on top of it to make it "interesting"
This is exactly what I'm afraid of.
That is what makes Cvrches and Grimes shit, it's bland shit with bloops to disguise it
>>
>>60686357
>>60686422
You guys are worried for an album that still not exist, with two songs of 12, (and with shitty quality). Ok guys
>>
File: cover.jpg (779 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
779 KB, 700x700
to be completly honest with you lads, if you consider yourself an animal collective fan but dont like this album, you are a drone, i mean yeah is their "worst" and has some wack tracks, but the ones that are good are pretty cool and worth checking out
>>
>>60686514
Nah, it's really mediocre and I'm no drone
>>
>>60686499
I mean after pretty much everything they've released this decade, yeah, I'm worried even with so little information.
>>
>>60686499
Kinda going off there recent track record also. And wtf is this desu shit I typed to be honest and it changed it. I thought it was just a new meme not something 4chan does for you. I promise im not new.
>>
>>60686558
Word filter. Been there since around Halloween.
>>
>>60686514
>youre drone if you dont love every anco release unconditionally regardless of quality or how boring the song writing is.
Ok kid
>>
>>60686499
yeah calm your tits faggets
literal airport bathroom mono speakers recorded with a cellphone
fuck off
i think is going to be a good pop album
the only thing that scares me are the sonic boom comments but who gives a fuck about that fag 2bh
if he think AnCo can get any more pop than MPP he is srsly retarded
shaking my head
>>
We have almost nothing of information, we can't say that this record is going to be a "deception". Take it easy anons
>>
>>60686555
Chz, Down There, Tomboy and PBVSGR are not bad albums.
>>
>>60686646
There not that good either, and PBvsGR is bad, biggest disappointment for me this year no question.
>>
>>60686609
Who used that word
>>60686607
So what, it's too little information to speculate if you're a bit skeptical, but go right on ahead and do so if you think it'll be the best album ever? Okay.

This is why I stopped going on CA, I love AnCo but christ fans can be so circle-jerky.
>>
>>60685097
deak's song was v. good
>>
I thought PBvsGR was great, definitely a grower on me. Hope they can realease something like that but maybe less sample based and less reverby, that'd be so nice.
>>
File: 1442679304206.jpg (28 KB, 307x462) Image search: [Google]
1442679304206.jpg
28 KB, 307x462
Guys I can't find the songs anywhere, any links?
Sorry about the spoon feeding
>>
>>60686646
completly agree
they all have their flaws but i think is just because they have been really changing their sound from what they were in the 00's, and im ok with that. each of those albums have tracks i dig and i aint no rockist so im not mad at the ones i dont like.
i think people are just too used to AnCo being kind of flawless, because, imo, everything from STGSTV too MPP is perfect in their own ways.
best band of the last 15 years
>>
>>60686724
>less sample based and less reverby
Are you thinking of Person Pitch? PBvsGR isn't sample based, it's all live electronics
>>
>>60686676
Good god *they'RE*
>>
>people who hate any AnCo album
Fucking plebs

If you want more of the same go find a carbon copy band and leave AnCo to people who aren't butthurt about new sounds
>>
>>60686739
>everything from STGSTV too MPP is perfect in their own ways
100% this
I think those albums are faultless truly
>>
>>60686676
what dont you like about it? the majority of the tracks are pretty good. mr noah, crosswords, come to your senses, boys latin...
>>
>>60686742
It's actually very sample based. Look at Tropic of Cancer for a really obvious one.
>>
petek on ca:

"Ha
Yes accuracy and reality are not part of the theme here !!

think w the new LP , i'm kinda a side 2 guy ....
Summing the wretch is really sweet ( that'd been my single 5c ) ,
Natural selection ( end side 1 ) & On Delay really sweet too.....,

It sounds like its own thing IMO ......"post mpp/chz" but it probably takes the best of both of those a little furthur ....all senses . Might be their most pop record .....
floridada is possibly their first true pop song ....
But , ofcourse , thats always a relative thing w a band like this....."
>>
>>60686693
>but go right on ahead and do so if you think it'll be the best album ever?
?
i never implied that
it seems like is going to be a good pop album
what is so circle-jerky about that?
>>
>>60686770
Well that's one song made entirely out of samples. Just because an album includes samples doesn't mean it's sample based. Madvillany is sample based, Person pitch is sample based, Meet the Residents! is sample based.
>>
>>60686757
agree
people being mad at anco for being anco lol
this people forget this band made shit like untitled and alvin row on their first fucking album
and they were just fucking 19
>>
>>60686771
>But , ofcourse , thats always a relative thing w a band like this....."
Ok there we go, I'm not so nervous about the whole pop thing now
>>
>>60686757
The issue isn't new sounds, the issue is that they are recycling sounds - not new at all. I actually enjoy most of what they've released the decade, but ODDSAC was truly the last original/none rehashed thing they've done.

>>60686790
I was exaggerating. It's just odd that people can say they don't have high hopes based on the bathroom clips and apparently that's jumping the gun, but others have said they think it'll be great based off those same clips and that's totally fine.
>>
Please come out on the 24th of January, it would be a nice birthday present
>>
>>60686811
I'm just saying it's more than "all live electronics"
>>
>>60686836
>the issue is that they are recycling sounds
show me something that sounds like Hz
>>
>>60686768
All the songs are static, they dont go anywhere or progessively change at all. Im all for repetition but theres a right and wrong way to do it. Each song had like 1 or 2 ideas that were repeated for 4-6 minutes. But Mr noah and ToC were pretty good Ill give you that, I actually enjoyed the Noah ep a lot.
>>
>>60686836
>I was exaggerating. It's just odd that people can say they don't have high hopes based on the bathroom clips and apparently that's jumping the gun, but others have said they think it'll be great based off those same clips and that's totally fine.
well yeah
negativity is lame
positivity is chill
learn2life
>>
I don't know if anyone thinks this, but Father Time has a very similar to STGSTV songs. What do you guys think?
>>
>>60686860
It just sounds like MPP but with structures from SJ, but notched up with a bunch of surface level Geo effects.
>>
>>60686873
I'm not even all that negative about it, just looking at it from another vantage point. Even at their worst I enjoy their work on some level.
>>
>>60686874
It's too dense to be that similar, but it has the acoustic drum sound I guess.
Also Avey's vocals are decipherable in Father Time which can't be right
>>
>>60686874
No, don't hear it at all.
>>
Does anybody have a link to the snippets? I haven't heard them yet..
>>
>>60686883
>it just
nice over simplification fag
also i liked how you didnt show anything that sounds similar to it
what you said can be done to any of their releases except their really early one (STGSTV, danse, HCTI, campfire and sung tongs).
you can say strawberry jam takes some of the abrassiveness of the early album and mash it up with the most pop stuff on feels.
MPP takes the pop sensibilites from STGSTV and SJ and combine it with the sampling of person pitch, and so on.
>>
File: 1346799279907.jpg (316 KB, 665x632) Image search: [Google]
1346799279907.jpg
316 KB, 665x632
memely reminder
>>
>>60686983
not even a bad score 2bh
>>
who /grass single/ here
>>
>>60686967
That's true, but CHz frlt more derived and influenced by MPP than some of their past albums have been, just in terms of pure sound design, but truly CHz seems like SJ 2.0 to me. Speaking not only of structure, the more rock oriented style writing but adding electronics, but it also has that same sickly sweet non-organic quality that SJ had - theres a certain plasticity to the sounds that they did move away from on MPP.

No need to call me a fag either, makes you come off as an edgy try-hard, lad.
>>
>>60686100
damn hadent listened to that one
this guys live always amaze me
wish the release an ep or something in this style
BRING BACK THE ACOUSTIC GUITARS PLEASEEE
>>
What they need to do is take acid again. Yea they have families and shit but just lock yourself in the studio and go on a trip so that the wife and kids dont see.
>>
>>60687131
avey and deak still do it
but yeah we need panda to have a paradigm shift
he seems to be kinda depressed from what i saw in that PBvsGR interview with sonic boom
>>
>>60687159
I don't think he's depressed, just maybe a fatalist in his philosophical stance. He's always had that demeanor, hes so chill and almost lackadaisical in cadence that he comes across as sad or aloof.
>>
>>60687130
>BRING BACK THE ACOUSTIC GUITARS

Some classic AnCo freak folk with a smattering of electronics would make me a very happy bunny.

It kind of annoys me how AnCo get all the plaudits and are talked about so much here yet similar but better bands like Akron/Family get barely a mention.
>>
>>60686387
what you on about? Get To Heaven is amazing
>>
>>60687231
Alright, AnCo is definitely on the downslide but theyre still better than fucking akron/family, even with Hz.
>>
>>60686357
this
>>
>>60687288
lol
>>
>>60687339
what?
>>
anco :3
>>
post pandas tbqh
>>
File: panda beaar.jpg (83 KB, 909x1174) Image search: [Google]
panda beaar.jpg
83 KB, 909x1174
>>
>>60687664
Nice
>>
File: [panda intensifies].gif (3 MB, 304x219) Image search: [Google]
[panda intensifies].gif
3 MB, 304x219
>>
So will the new single songle drop at midnight?
>>
File: Other.png (371 KB, 393x393) Image search: [Google]
Other.png
371 KB, 393x393
>>
I am actually shocked at how little /mu/ cares about a new single, what's going on?
>>
>>60688042
my thoughts exactly
>>
>>60688080
The neo/mu/ meme is stupid, but there must have been a considerable shift in the people browsing if a single is dropping TONIGHT and there's only one thread
>>
>>60687120
Idk I don't really think SJ and ChZ are comparable, SJ was alot less dense, sure there were electronics added to increase the atmosphere of songs but each song was left with some breathing room. ChZ is different from any other album they've done
>>
>>60686927
they got taken down, (probably more beneficial to us to hear it fresh)
>>
>>60688152
I think is better this way
I mean memes were fun but this is kinda comfy
>>
>>60688226

you're prob right
>>
>>60688188
CHz was definitely more dense and SJ more minimal, but I still those eras are reminiscent of each other - both are far less pastoral than their other work. Ono even a track like Cobwebs has strong similarities (and Crimson feels very related to the Water Curses EP as well) and that's why it fit so seemlessly into the CHz tour, even the track Water Curses had that really woozy and psychedelic and colorful pop feel that was a bit more alien than the pop on MPP and that extended to Hz.
>>
>>60688152
Could be tonight, could be TOMORROW night, they weren't time specific
>>
>>60686739
>best band of the last 15 years
Totally agree
>>
>>60688527
Only faux patricians wouldnt
>>
>>60686141

i don't know if you here to remember, but everyone lost their shit when P4K panned it at 7.4. Like everyone had already heard it and some were pissed.

And then Fandango followed suit and /mu/ decided to hate it.
>>
>>60686676
PBSVGR is on my top 10 AOTY
>>
>>60688562
Nah it just followed with every disappointing heavily hyped album, people pretended they liked it for a few weeks after it released but eventually it has a negative opinion overall. Same thing happened with Jenny Death.
>>
>>60688622
I think hz is decent
And i dont know why everyone thinks 7/10 is bad. Fantano is a fag for giving the last panda bear album a 4
>>
>>60688577
It's still a good album, just kinda a let-down based on how good the live versions were
>>
>>60688562
It just hasn't held up super well. But yeah, people were really positive about it when it first leaked and was streamed.

That being said, the CHz album stream on here was one of the best times ever, and though I don't love CHz that experience will always reflect positively on the album.
>>
>>60688663
I wasn't referring to the scores, just the overall opinion on the album. I'm sure some people disliked the album just because of its mediocre score (not overall, just compared to other AnCo critical acclaims), but there are plenty of people who just don't like it, good score or bad score
>>
Wait so when exactly is the single dropping? Does november 30 mean the minute after november 29 23:59?
Also which time zone?
>>
>>60688674
To be fair this always happens with anco and anco related stuff.
>>
>>60688674
The animal collective live versions are ALLWAYS better than the studio songs

And i dont know why
>>
>>60688718
how many time zones?
>>
>>60688718
Idk mane i just know is tomorrow and im freaking out. I really hope it doesnt sucks.
>>
>>60688718
>>60688743
specting a BNT??
>>
>>60688734
>>60688719
I think Avey has said that the more they perform songs live, the more objectivity they lose. They just whittle them down too much, overthink it. Josh has also said they spend an inordinate of time in the mixing process.

I've been a cynical bastard in this thread about the new album, but one thing that give me hope is that not performing these songs live for two years first will keep the "raw form" in tact, so to speak. It could have a real positive effect and has me really curious, as they never change their process.
>>
>>60685356
I tried to find it but it seems the archive doesn't go that far back now.
>>
>>60688743
ELEVEN
>>
>>60688795
AnCo have some shows for 2016, so if the record isn't out bofore that, we have to hear that new songs
>>
>>60688853
The recording's done anyway, so no changes will be made on the album
>>
>>60688795
"My Girls" from 2007 is diferent from the MPP version
>>
Someone recorded FloriDaDa in the airport.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ij41apwmxf8
>>
>expecting AC to deliver anything similar to what they have already released in the past

m8s i got news for ya, its gonna be different. Can anyone name 2 of their records that sound the similar?
>>
>>60689012
topkek m80
>>
>>60689033
*similar. shit
>>
>>60689033
Danse and STGSTV

Fall Be Kind and Water Curses
>>
Centipede Hz is great
>>
>>60688946
Yeah, most of the MPP songs are. I was most disappointed in how Summertime Clothes came out.
>>
>>60689033
Well, this is an incredibly easy question of you count EPs. Literally all of their EPs expand on the sound of their parent album.

Additionally, their first three albums are all a similar vein of noise pop.
>>
>>60689078
Not the guy you're responding to, but I feel like in both cases the albums are different enough for it not to be considered "staying the same" I guess

I mean Manatee is obviously more experimental and weirder as a whole project in comparison to STGSTV, and it's structured differently with the song lengths and shit.

Fall Be Kind is much cleaner and poppier than Water Curses in my opinion, it's like a difference between Sung Tongs and Strawberry Jam. Can't say they sound samey.
>>
>>60689121
gotta admit youre right, but we are talking about full lengths here
>>
File: Mfw.jpg (18 KB, 475x475) Image search: [Google]
Mfw.jpg
18 KB, 475x475
>MFW I'm the guy who leaked the deets
>>
I hope it's minimalistic

The dada influence makes sense because Avey and his sister both dressed up as Dada characters for hallowenn
>>
>2015
>still pretending to like animal collective
>>
>just got done deleting all the anco scrobbles I could off of Last.fm
>>
>>60689681
who's pretending, bucko?
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2000x2000
COME ON NOAH

ONE MORE AOTY
>>
>>60686874
I don't hear it at all, and its also one of the worst AnCo songs imo
>>
How fucked does your rating system have to be that 7.4 is considered bad?
>>
>>60689925
Yeah Pitchfork's rating system is bananas. They have a really strange grading curve, and usually anything under the 7.6 mark has a strong negative slant when you read the actual reviews. It's weird.
>>
>>60689925
idfk tbqh
the actual review reads like a pan though
>>
>>60686577
Word filters have been around on 4chan for years, but the 2bh and faam ones have been here only a couple of months
>>
Anyone got a link to those bathroom recordings I've been hearing about?
>>
>>60690106
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8XhtwjglZ0
this one?
>>
>>60690129
Incredible
>>
>>60690040
Uh, I know?? That's what I said - this one has been in place for about a month.
>>
>>60686726
I got you
http://www71.zippyshare.com/v/84F3pi7A/file.html
http://www71.zippyshare.com/v/5YFxASqe/file.html

I even shazamed them to be sure
>>
>>60690236

>>I even shazamed them to be sure

the fuck does that mean
>>
>>60690278
there's an app called shazam that "listens" to songs and tells you the name and artist
>>
>>60690278
He used his wizard powers to will them into existence for you.
>>
Let's hope poppiest they've ever done means something like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2px6sYIKq5o
>>
>>60685772
>a band that loves animals and nature are not Darwinists
jej my man
>>
applesauce is so underrated
>>
>>60690386
this is shit though
>>
>>60690878
It's catchy as fuck but I always feel as if the production and dynamics kill it. It loses so much steam in the verses for me.
>>
>tfw it's 2 hours until november 30 but it's only about 3 pm in america
fug
>>
>>60690878
I remember there was some anon from /AnCo/ that apparently named their cat after that song
>>
>>60691037
they named their cat applesauce? lmao
>>
Sonic Boom (Spacemen 3/producer for PBVSGR) wrote some things about the album on the Collected Animals forum last night

think w the new LP , i'm kinda a side 2 guy ....

It sounds like its own thing IMO ......"post mpp/chz" but it probably takes the best of both of those a little furthur ....all senses . Might be their most pop record .....
floridada is possibly their first true pop song ....
But , ofcourse , thats always a relative thing w a band like this.....
>>
>>60691122
oop, someone posted alrdy
>>
>>60690386
that is god awful
>>
>>60691116
Yeah think so
>>
>>60689387
>implying anyone gives a shit
you are just a slave to us anon
>>
>>60685359
agree on New Town Burnout and Amanita. best tracks on chz by far. and why does no one talk about Wide Eyed??? i love that song almost as much
>>
anco <3
>>
File: 1344635806797.jpg (24 KB, 475x291) Image search: [Google]
1344635806797.jpg
24 KB, 475x291
>deak goes away
>anco makes MPP
>it's hailed as their best album and a masterpiece
>deak comes back
>anco makes chz
>everyone hates it
>deak gets sent away again
>>
>>60692010
deak solo album WHEN?
>>
>>60692010
deak gets all the hate but everyone knows avey is the one who keeps fucking their shit up
im team avey all the way but is obvious
>>
File: 1344637118547.jpg (269 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
1344637118547.jpg
269 KB, 1000x750
>>60692043
any day now anon, its almost done. thanks for funding it
>>
>>60684766
only confirmed evidence so far is that they've finished recording a new album and played at least some of it in an airport in baltimore (snippets were uploaded to youtube and promptly removed by domino record co.). all the rest is speculation, while although it may be very good speculation it's still just speculation.
no official news from the band on when the first single drops, when the album comes out, etc. best to just wait it out.
>>
dont die
post some meems
>>
>>60692374
the single comes out tomorrow. that is confirmed by avey in an instagram reply.
>>
>>60692374
>no official news from the band on when the first single drops
>he wasnt went avey invented songleposting
kek
stay plen
single songle is confirmed tomorrow lads
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-11-25-22-21-32.png (206 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-11-25-22-21-32.png
206 KB, 1440x2560
>>60692374
>no official news from the band

I messaged Avey myself m8

pic related
>>
File: deakwithit.jpg (71 KB, 476x441) Image search: [Google]
deakwithit.jpg
71 KB, 476x441
>>60692381
>>
File: 1448688489737.gif (3 MB, 359x202) Image search: [Google]
1448688489737.gif
3 MB, 359x202
>"DAKIN GOING TO BE ON ALBUM OR NOT?!"
>>
File: deakdeakdeak.jpg (155 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
deakdeakdeak.jpg
155 KB, 640x400
>>60692534
>>
>>60686100
that was amazing
i want that album
>>
>>60692847
iktf
>tfw we will never get that album
why fuckin live lads?
>>
>>60684514
I'm not sure if this is fake bu apparently this is FloriDada
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ij41apwmxf8
>>
>>60692429
>>60692411
y'all are going to be mad disappointed when nothing happens tomorrow. this is just as bas as when the jenny death fags were convinced that the album was going to come out every other day for the 6 months leading up to its actual release.
>>
>>60692467
>Single
>Songle

why am I laughing
>>
>>60693080
k
>>
File: 1336925755871.jpg (9 KB, 299x293) Image search: [Google]
1336925755871.jpg
9 KB, 299x293
>>60693080
>comparing an announcement that just happened yesterday to a 6 month long meme filled mess of shitposting
>>
>>60693316
>comparing a tripfag's plea for attention to any sort of "official announcement"
>>60693202
"k" indeed.
>>
>>60688264
Eh, /mu/ is still all memes its just shittier memes on the regular.
>>
>>60693372
when avey tare says that the single is coming out on nov 30th, i'm pretty sure that means tomorrow.
>>
>>60693372
m8

its not a plea for attention is it, i'm just showing him what he missed
>>
File: bearmustache.jpg (66 KB, 319x378) Image search: [Google]
bearmustache.jpg
66 KB, 319x378
>>
Sonic Boom posted on Collected Animals that this is their first "True pop song"

>think w the new LP , i'm kinda a side 2 guy ....

>It sounds like its own thing IMO ......"post mpp/chz" but it probably takes the best of both of those a little furthur ....all senses . Might be their most pop record ..... floridada is possibly their first true pop song .... But , ofcourse , thats always a relative thing w a band like this.....

http://collectedanimals.org/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2330&start=2960
>>
freakin with deakin when
>>
File: image.jpg (99 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
99 KB, 600x600
ITS 9:18 NOVEMBER 30 IN SYDNEY

WHERE IS MY FLORIDADA
>>
>>60694002
This has been posted in this thread like 53 times come on lad
>>
it's gonna be bad senpai
>>
File: 1425868576466.gif (2 KB, 48x48) Image search: [Google]
1425868576466.gif
2 KB, 48x48
>>60694171
I'm illiterate please don't berate me
>>
does anybody else just see baka desu senpai just as they originally were

like the matrix or something
>>
>>60694113
Expect it at 11 central, AC are probably using Eastern time (Baltimore time)
>>
>>60686514
or you can just like what you like
>>
if dubs this is going to be their best album
>>
>>60695265
dammit...
>>
>>60685356
This might've been my thread. I think it was around Dec 2014, can't remember though.

Also, I, just totally came back in time.
>>
>>60684514
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiSwGbv4QUg
>>
File: image.gif (631 KB, 460x259) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
631 KB, 460x259
>>60695530
kek even though I love anco I think this vid is hilarious xD plus, winter's love (the vid you posted) is one of my favs
>>
>>60684514
O shit.

AOTY 2016?
>>
>>60695801
this reads like an [esfores] post tee bee aeych
>>
>>60695878
we're all memeing here anyways, this thread has gone to shit so might as well entertain myself
>>
File: 1448740824440.png (34 KB, 901x538) Image search: [Google]
1448740824440.png
34 KB, 901x538
>>60695926
/mu/ is really the secret sister board of [s4s] anyway, our """ post"""-"""ironic""" memeing is a perfect fit with funposting
>>
>>60695820
probably not
>>
>>60695993
yup. try finding a thread that actually talks about music

protip: it's 404'd already so don't bother
>>
>>60695820
most definitely since deak is gone
>>
>>60695926
/mu/ will start caring more once there is a headline on Pitchfork. Airport-gate had like 5 threads hit the bump limit.

For some reason they refused to report on the track list/title leak and the single premiere info.
>>
>tfw you'll never listen to For Reverend Green for the first time again
Music for this feel? (I tried listening to it, I tried)
>>
>>60696766
Fireworks is obviously superior
in fact it's the best song in their entire discography
>>
>>60696952
It's not even the best song on Strawberry Jam. (That honour belongs to #1)
>>
>>60696977
>being this much of a contrarian
>>
>>60696977
This
>>
>>60696977
this
strawberry jam sucks though

>>60697002
its called not being a pleb
>>
>>60696977
How can you argue that a song as unstructured and lose as #1 is the best song on the album
desu it would be the worst one if it wasn't for Kekoo Kekoo
>>
>>60697113
That precisely why it's so good tho
>>
File: kekoo_kekoo.gif (2 MB, 1000x687) Image search: [Google]
kekoo_kekoo.gif
2 MB, 1000x687
>>60697113
>>
>>60696977
>>60697004
>>60697079
>>60697165
Panda Bear's drumming on Fireworks is brilliant on Fireworks, as well as the delay thing they do throughout the song, not to mention the time signature change and how they rebuild the melodies
I mean come on you can't tell me you've ever heard a thing THAT well executed before, I can't think of any other AnCo song being that good
>>
>>60697302
It's good but I can think of at least 5 AnCo tracks that blow it out of the water.
>>
>>60697371
pls name them anon
>>
Will it drop at midnight?
>>
>>60697302
I don't know, for me it's a bit bland. At least on record, the live version is stellar though.
>>
>>60697113
>Kekoo Kekoo
>not the best
lmaoing at your life
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 30

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.