[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/mu/'s opinion on Death Grips
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
/mu/'s opinion on Death Grips
>>
They were way over hyped for a while, but they have some solid tracks. Hacker and On GP are worth listening to and definitive of this era
>>
meme
>>
File: 071.png (930 KB, 717x535) Image search: [Google]
071.png
930 KB, 717x535
Half meme half music but equal to a full meme, sort of a memebrid.
>>
>>60490751
No love deep Web is the most important album to come out in 20 years.
>>
>>60490751
only their instrumentals are worth listening to
>>
Calling them a meme is meme itself.

I like them.
>>
Theyre a pretty solid act, though the memes do grow old
>>
I like them but I would never admit it to anyone outside of my close friends.
>>
>>60488289
>>60488383
>>
Good music, awful fan base

Regarded as a meme because people don't want to listen for themselves and would rather take the word of a shitposter and act above it all

Great live. Who else here seen them in Toronto in July?
>>
>>60490911
who makes up the fan base?
>>
>>60490932
A lot of trendy kids
>>
>>60490798
Hey whuddayaknow, the word meme on 4 chan
>>
>>60490751
i like them because their production is very innovative along with ride's vocals and they have one of the most consistent discographies of a contemporary band but man is their fanbase filled with a bunch of lameos more interested in being edgy memelords than the music. it's a shame
>>
great band and music
awful fanbase, and the autists who just spend all day talking about how garbage it is are even worse
>>
>>60490798
2 tha max

First music to make me feel like an old man at 23 because I don't understand the appeal.
>>
They obviously put a lot of effort and due diligence in their craft which is more than you can say about most hip hop artists.

They touch on a lot of topics most artists don't touch or aren't perceptive enough to have a go at. The creative suffocation of the music industry, the increasingly oppressive and unaccountable systems in place in modern society, the subversion of the internet from a free marketplace for ideas into a tool for government and corporate surveillance and marketing. The general anomie of a post-industrial world. A disgust towards consumerism and the corporate entities that promote it.
>>
>>60490751
Really like them, oddly haven't found myself in the mood to listen to them at all lately tho. I think I got a little burned out after the incessant jenny death hype which ended up being one of my least fav death grips albums. Niggas on the Moon is my absolute fav tho.
>>
>>60490822
i think you mean government plates
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.