[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/classical/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: hqdefault.jpg (6 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
6 KB, 480x360
>this music is great for studying
edition

old
>>60237553
>>
this is a horrible edition
>>
File: 1431918651822.gif (999 KB, 250x251) Image search: [Google]
1431918651822.gif
999 KB, 250x251
I'm pretty new to going to concerts.

Seen Beethovens 5th and Mozarts Requiem.

It was all good and all and the orchestra was great.

One question though.

Is it like a tradition for the audience to applaude for five minutes and the conductor having to get on and off the stage three times? Or did I attend great performances and were to pleb to realise it?
>>
>>60297980
Its happened at pretty much every concert I've gone to. I was super confused the first couple times I started laughing cause i though i was being fucking pranked like the 5th time he walked out and then back in.

Hell, I went to see la traviatta and the audience started screaming and banging their hands together like apes before the final cadences had even finished.

Pretty disgusting if you ask me.

>>60297940
fine, this is
"listen to bwv (your last three numbers)"
edition
>>
>>60298052
It was almost comical. When the conductor got on for the third time then some giant fucking whale of a man who was wider than he was tall came wobbling out with and presented the conductor with a flower bouquet.

I almost lost my shit there and then.
>>
I really want to get into Romanticism, I love the concept of it and want to hear something powerful that will make me swoon and seduce me. Recs?
>>
>>60298502
borodin's string quartets
>>
>>60298502
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4U1PfOssfZ0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llB7NaWLUc4
a-at least i like those...
>>
>>60298502
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__AAQarbevo
>>
>>60298502
>>60298782

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jlzEFg-zkY
>>
>>60289866

this guy here. still looking for recs. i have heard the archduke trio, the stockhausen, and the part already. i want my vision to melt before my very eyes.
>>
>>60298840
Tannhauser is pretty swoon-inducing Wagner too.
>>
>>60298502
>>60298840
>>60299357

the obvious:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLoHcB8A63M

the sound of butterflies in your stomach
>>
>>60298502
Sibelius violin concerto & symphony 2
Berlioz symphonie fantastique
>>
>>60299269

Missa Solemnis
War Requiem
Verdi's Requiem

If you can't feel yourself being drawn inexorably to sing along joyfully as the Missa Solemnis reaches 'Et Resurrexit', soaring up through the voice parts and then declaring with loud voice, over and over again, 'Credo in Spiritum Sanctum, Dominum et vivificantem' then you deserve hellfire desu.

If you're not moved by the dialogue between a dead soldier and the soldier who killed him at the end of the Requiem, moving into the sumptuous 'In Paradisum' as choirs of men, women and children recite the latin over the interweaving voices of the two soldiers wishing for an eternal rest after the horrors they have experienced, then you probably have no heart.

And if the terror of the soprano soloist in the Libera Me of Verdi's requiem doesn't move you to absolute and abject terror in the face of judgement by the almighty, before the fugue sets in as the shrieking choruses of humanity beg to be saved whilst the trumpets sound, then you're either really brave or really stupid
>>
>>60299918

thanks for the recs i like where you're going but i've listened to those works before and i'll listen to them again but right now i just want something new
>>
>tfw just spent the last 4 hours tagging and organizing everything
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.