[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Season 6 returns August 6th, confirmed by Zap2It. S06E14 - Stranger
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 21
File: e15.jpg (167 KB, 798x327) Image search: [Google]
e15.jpg
167 KB, 798x327
Season 6 returns August 6th, confirmed by Zap2It.

S06E14 - Stranger Than Fan Fiction - August 6th
Rainbow Dash meets a pony at the Daring Do Convention in Manehattan who hates Daring Do as much as she loves it.

S06E12 - ??
S06E15 - The Cart Before The Ponies
The Cutie Mark Crusaders get the chance tor ace in the annual Applewood Derby; their teammates Rarity, Applejack and Rainbow Dash take over the competition.
S06E16 - 28 Pranks Later
S06E17 - The Times Are A Changeling
S06E18 - Dungeons And Discords
S06E19 - Buck Ball Season
S06E?? - Fault In Our Cutie Marks
-2 Discord episodes
-2 more Spike episodes
-2 more villain songs
-Gabby the Griffon (can griffons have cutie marks?) episode
-convention-themed episode featuring new character "Quibble"
-Las Pegasus episode
-Daring Do returns
-Possible Babs Seed return
-Possibly Felicia Day and William Shatner guest-starring
>>
File: S6 bingo 10.jpg (1 MB, 1571x1572) Image search: [Google]
S6 bingo 10.jpg
1 MB, 1571x1572
Also the dvd containing Fault In Our Cutie Marks releases August 2nd so expect that to pop up before it airs.
>>
>>27783511
Will we get a Twilight episode this season
>>
>>27783511
Wow, this is the shortest Hiatus in MLP history.
>>
File: 1401485072740.jpg (31 KB, 469x349) Image search: [Google]
1401485072740.jpg
31 KB, 469x349
>>27783511
>that synopsis

Holy shit, this will be a full-meta cringe fest
>>
>a pony at the Daring Do Convention in Manehattan who hates Daring Do as much as she loves it.

What if?
>>
>>27783557
Not really, we've had similar periods before.

besides, mid-season hiatuses kinda don't count
>>
File: 746 wat.png (83 KB, 215x334) Image search: [Google]
746 wat.png
83 KB, 215x334
>a pony at the Daring Do Convention in Manehattan who hates Daring Do as much as she loves it.
>Daring Do Convention
>who hates Daring Do
>>
>>27783516
Might push it back?
>>
File: worry.gif (80 KB, 427x240) Image search: [Google]
worry.gif
80 KB, 427x240
>>27783584
I'd say >implying but then I remember when Trixie came out of fucking nowhere, so I'll just shut up
>>
>>27783596
>an anon at a board for MLP:FiM
>who hates MLP:FiM
>>
>Rainbow Dash meets a pony at the Daring Do Convention in Manehattan who hates Daring Do as much as she loves it.

Then... Why even be at the convention if the pony hates Daring Do.
>>
File: 4.png (110 KB, 278x296) Image search: [Google]
4.png
110 KB, 278x296
>>27783608
>an anon at a board for MLP:FiM
>at a board for MLP:FiM
>>
>>27783623
Whatever did happen to Filly Funtasia?
>>
File: literally 4chan.jpg (33 KB, 300x100) Image search: [Google]
literally 4chan.jpg
33 KB, 300x100
>>27783613
GEE, IT'S LIKE LOOKING AT A MIRROR
>>
>>27783511
>Rainbow Dash meets a pony at the Daring Do Convention in Manehattan who hates Daring Do as much as she loves it.

Can't this be interpreted in two ways? New pony could hate it as much as RD loves it, or new pony could hate it as much as she herself loves it. New pony both loves and hates it in equal measures.
>>
>>27783642
so, like a typical anon?
>>
>>27783633
unknown for sure

supposedly the show is going to start with two 75 minute Specials before going into the tv series.

Also, there are rumors that they'll show the official release date sometime later this year at some con
>>
>>27783584
Lightning Dust did nothing wrong.
>>
>>27783584
I want to believe.
>>
>>27783511
Goddamnit, what is it with these shitty ass plot ideas for dash episodes?

Like fuck, this is going to be a bad excuse for the staff to shit on anyone who criticizes their work.

>>27783511
REALLY psyched for dungeons and discords though, Pretty sure we're going to get Discord zapping the mane six into a tabletop D&D game and being a killer DM.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-05-21-15-44-49.png (171 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-21-15-44-49.png
171 KB, 540x960
This is probably bullshit but it's what I got from a while ago.
>>
>>27783743
Nah, we got a proper leaked list awhile ago; Its to where and back again for the finale.
>>
>Dave Rapp writes an episode mocking haters
>obviously it sucks because he's a fucking terrible writer
>but you can't complain because that would mean that you're a hater
I'm calling it. Mark my words.
>>
File: 1464782812710.gif (2 MB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1464782812710.gif
2 MB, 300x300
>>27783511

Here come the damage control of DHX, basically an episode about "don't like it, don't watch it XD" because obviously every piece of turd need to be praised to heavens like Illustruous Q is doing?
>>
>>27783511
We got the whole season's title list.
Desustorage is down now, but the list contained Buck Ball Season before Zap2it leaked it.
http://www.equestriadaily.com/2016/06/two-episode-lists-leaked-while-back.html

Fault in Our Cutie Marks will be released early on DVD Aug 2. Likely a Dash episode given the other episodes packaged with the DVD.
https://www.shoutfactory.com/kids/kids-animation/my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-soarin-over-equestria
Also some guy named David Stuart is supposedly in it.
http://www.equestriadaily.com/2016/05/fault-in-out-cutie-marks-was-on-imdb.html
>>
>>27783992
I think you're jumping to conclusions. It will probably be the opposite with RD trying to convince Quibble to like what he doesn't like and RD accepting it's okay for others to not like the same things you do.
>>
>>27784157
>Desustorage is down now
http://desuarchive.org/desu/thread/1250/
>>
>>27784181
Keep on dreaming.
>>
File: Transcending Happiness.png (429 KB, 639x508) Image search: [Google]
Transcending Happiness.png
429 KB, 639x508
>>27783511
>S06E16 - 28 Pranks Later
Potential Dash+Ponk episode
>S06E17 - The Times Are A Changeling
Motherfucking changelings
>S06E18 - Dungeons And Discords
/tg/
>S06E19 - Buck Ball Season
potential shining + spike bonding
>>
File: 1460941314087.png (205 KB, 470x587) Image search: [Google]
1460941314087.png
205 KB, 470x587
>>27784189
>still being this salty over Zephyr
My dreams already came true. The tears of 1000 NEETs shall satiate me for years to come.
>>
>>27784203
>people who don't like Dave Rapp's shitty episodes are NEETs
>>
File: 1458692016231.jpg (65 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1458692016231.jpg
65 KB, 640x480
>>27784224
You're only making me stronger.
>>
>>27784249
That's good, you need to be strong to keep on sucking Dave Rapp's dick, otherwise you could choke to death.
>>
File: 1467219598272.jpg (394 KB, 1200x1416) Image search: [Google]
1467219598272.jpg
394 KB, 1200x1416
>>27784201
So which episode is Fluttercord themed? They woudn't release this toy set for no purpose.
>>
File: 1467185343771.gif (964 KB, 400x253) Image search: [Google]
1467185343771.gif
964 KB, 400x253
>>27784253
You sound like the one taking dick up the ass by the amount of butthurt you're displaying.

Are these both you too?
>>27783839
>>27783549
People don't call your shit opinion shit because they think you're a NEET (though there were lots who admitted to being one and not liking the episode). They call it shit because you dislike an episode most people enjoyed. Then in a supreme twist of unaware irony, you hand-wave any counter arguments against your opinion by hiding behind the asinine belief the writers are hiding behind hater-proof story premises.
Do you honestly think the writers consciously do this? Do you honestly think they care about the opinion of some guy on an anonymous image board whose whole critique is two words: "it's shit".
The only one choking here is you, on your own tears no less.
>>
>>27784370
Actually, let me elaborate this a bit more for the sake of discussion.

I think Dave Rapp's writing is mediocre at best, but the reason why I think he shouldn't be writing for this show is because he is actually "hiding behind hater-proof story premises". That's not an opinion, it's a fact. And it's a fact because even people who supposedly liked his episodes use exactly that reasoning every fucking time. Just see >>27784203. It's not the best example because I'd already mentioned the hater-proof writing so it's biased, but every time, I swear, every time I've seen someone mentioning he doesn't like one of his episodes, one of the first replies is always "ur a butthurt NEET" or something similar (not just Flutter Butter, it was exactly the same with Newbie Dash). You can't dislike his episodes, otherwise you're whatever he was criticizing.

For me being unable to dislike something because if you don't like it "ur a whatever lol xd" is reason enough to dislike it. I don't know if the next episode was written by Dave Rapp, but if it was and it isn't exactly something like >>27784181, that would mean that he is intentionally "hiding behind hater-proof story premises" and he can go fuck a cactus. I hope I'm wrong, I really would like something like that, that would prove me wrong. But until then, I think Dave Rapp is shit.
>>
>>27784405
It ain't ad populum argument, you retard. It would be if I said the episode was good because it's popular. If you had reading comprehension you'd see that I'm explaining to you why so many people say your opinion is shit: you're going against the grain. Don't be surprised when very few people agree with you and don't act like a victim when they disagree.
>actually believing mlp writers do this
You're completely missing the point because you're triggered and are trying to feel like a victim instead admitting freelance writers going out of their way not to receive criticism is pants-on-head retarded. Not every writer is Mass Effect or Korra tier.
>>
>>27783701
>this is going to be a bad excuse for the staff to shit on anyone who criticizes their work.
Given how the last two episodes shat on fans and critics respectively...
>>
>>27784470
Fwiw, I deleted and rewrote my previous comment before you replied because I wasn't happy with it.
>>
>>27784478
The last episode is a big stretch. The antagonist may have been a critic, but her complaints were that everything wasn't the same. That's not really something that applies to the critiques of fans of mlp.
>>
>>27784480
Okay, I'll retract my "retard" comment because you actually put some thought into your post.
Fair points on most but thinking Dave Rapp is intentionally trying to censor criticism is paranoia.
Especially considering Polsky and McCarthy are credited for the story premises for his two episodes.
>>
I'll not be at home in that period, come on... I'll lose a lot of butthurt...
>>
>>27784499
Tbh I don't think he was doing it intentionally, maybe it was just incidental, or maybe even an unconscious self-defense mechanism after a long time without writing. That doesn't really change anything, it made me dislike both of his episodes anyway, and I'm not really sure if I want to watch more of his future episodes. An episode dealing with haters repeating the same cliche again would be definitely the last straw for me.
I know I'm being the classic "it hasn't even aired and it's already shit", but honestly I hope I'm wrong. I want to be wrong. Please, Celestia, let me be wrong.
>>
>>27783529
Twilight Sparkle will resign as princess in the S6 finale.
>>
>>27784306
Nope, Discord will die in the finale.
>>
>>27783511
Why even have a hiatus if it's gonna be this short?
>>
File: image.gif (797 KB, 800x503) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
797 KB, 800x503
>>27784462
>I dislike an episode because the antagonist is unsympathetic

So do you hate Cutie Map 1&2 because anyone who dislikes them is accused of being a butthurt commie? If not, you're a hypocrite. Flutter Brutter was a genuinely funny episode with an interesting premise, good development for Fluttershy and Dash, and excellent dialogue. It isn't even very cringey, unless the humor in Seinfeld or Curb your enthusiasm makes you cringe. Actually, it's kind of like an episode of Curb told from the perspective of everyone not named Larry David. Is the only thing about it that you don't like the way people respond to criticism of it? That's a foolish reason to hate something. Pic unrelated.
>>
>>27783511
>S06E12 - ??
This is an error on Zap2it. Fault In Our Cutie Marks was originally episode 9 and was moved so all episodes after it shifted down by one. Zap2it just forgot to adjust the numbers after ep 11.
>>
>>27784716
Same reason they had a about 2 months long hiatus last year.
>>
>>27784742
Not him, and don't mind Rapp, but all of the people who say "you don't like the episode because it hits too close to home" regardless have invalid opinions. Ditto for people who only like episodes because they upset people.
>>
>>27784306
Dungeons and Discords will probably have Discord giving Twilight a hard time in his magical dungeons while at the same time making it a walk in a park for Fluttershy.
>>
>>27784801
Rapp has good episodes but they are too meta and too much focused on lecturing bronies isntead making a genuine original story about fictional characters in a magical universe full of dragons and monsters.

He is still better than Vogel who literally didn't use a single fantasy element in his stories. One was a Christmas Carol parody, the other some banter about critics in general and felt too real life and modern with all those Indian restaurant motive, Cantelrot city and shit.
>>
>>27784742
A couple of notes about this:

Starting with your comparison with Seinfeld or CYE, I love both series. Really. But something that would be a "good" episode in any of those series (I honestly disagree, but whatever), doesn't mean that I'd like the same episode in MLP. As an exaggerated example: I like GoT, but that doesn't mean I want a "good" episode with bloody deaths in MLP. Of course I'm not saying it's the same, that's a ridiculous exaggeration, but I hope you get my point: everything has its place. Dave Rapp uses far more cringe "humor" than any other writer in the show, and I feel it's completely out of place. That doesn't mean I don't like it, it means that I don't like it here.

As for The Cutie Map, I don't think it's exactly the same. I see similarities, and if it was the first episode of a new writer my opinion would have been different, but it was written by experienced writers that never used that "trick" before, so I think they didn't do it on purpose and I'm ok with the episode. On the other hand, every Dave Rapp episode so far, whether intentionally or not, rely on the same trope. My objection wasn't "he used this trick", it was "he *always* uses this trick". In fact, I said that if he can write something without using the same trick again, I'll change my mind about him. Other than that, I completely agree with >>27784801.
>>
>>27784826
>who literally didn't use a single fantasy element in his stories
So? We had many episodes like that....
>>
>>27784826
It's probably just because I hated Dusedau, but I find Rapp just okay. Vogel can write fantasy if he wants.

>>27784868
At least he isn't Dusedau where every episode he touched has this feeling that he thinks he's really clever or something. What About Discord was the best example of this, he thinks he writes better than he does. He doesn't get the hint that the staff openly moan at his ideas and writing.
>>
>>27784879
>he thinks he writes better than he does
Yeah, I agree on this and I find it annoying too. But at least his episodes are completely irrelevant so they're easier to ignore. It's something.
>>
>>27784879
Dusedau is pretty much the worst writer this show's ever had. More baffling is that I still see a scant few defend how he wrote AJ because it makes sense given her traditional values.

That isn't tradition, that's brain damage. no sane person would do these inane workarounds when they know they fixed the problem. Not to mention AJ being educated by her magic superior.
>>
>>27784933
The worst part about that episode is that it was somehow even worse before the Fox brothers fixed it the best they could. Dusedau has the ego of Larson but like you said is the worst writer the show has ever had.
>>
>>27783511
The ride never ends
>>
>>27784952
That's my idea of what happened too. Dusedau made another extremely crap episode, and the Fox Brothers tried to salvage what they could from it.
>>
>>27784956
Dusedau cannot be put in any writing role. Writing the story, or writing the story of someone else, he fails at both.
>>
>>27784868
He's written a grand total of two episodes, so that objection doesn't have very much validity. And while Newbie Dash felt out of place due to the overt 20 minute long cringefest, Flutter Brutter fit well within the established boundaries of the show. Like Saddle Row Review this season and Rarity Investigates in S5, Flutter Brutter did something new and interesting within the boundaries of what the show considers acceptable, which is something worthy of praise. Both episodes felt very fresh, a real achievement for a kids show that's been on the air for six years. We can't just endlessly rehash the same plot lines and lessons, for the show to survive we need occasional risky episodes, because they really pay off when done well.
>>
>>27784965
I see your point. And, I have to admit, I loved Saddle Row Review and Rarity Investigates, so I'm glad they decided to try something different. But I also feel both those episodes were comfy, while Flutter Brutter was almost the opposite.

I know this sounds stupid but, fuck me, I started watching the show because I liked to watch cute ponies doing cute things. I'm not saying the show has to be exactly as I want, but I think I can bitch when it's exactly as I don't want. I mean, people have been bitching for years over MMC and it's still one of my favorite episodes, so I think bitching it's pretty much harmless. To make it clear: I'm not trying to convince anyone that Dave Rapp's episodes are shit, nor that they should stop liking them. Good?
>>
>>27783839

Hey, Rapp might of written Newbie Dash which sucked, but he also wrote Flutter Brutter, which was the only time since S2 that Fluttershy really felt like she had any direction. So Im willing to give him another chance.
>>
>>27784826

Dude, it might be a christmas carol adapation, but it involved a bunch of crazy magic that could literally erase a DAY, evil world destroying ghost horse monsters that feed on conflict and stuff like that, im pretty sure Vogel can do fantasy just fine if he wants to.
>>
>>27784933

Dusedau somehow managed to make freaking DISCORD boring and unfunny, that's just an impressive feat.
>>
File: 1464995923544.png (399 KB, 451x800) Image search: [Google]
1464995923544.png
399 KB, 451x800
>>27783511
>Another Rarity and Applejack episode
FUCK
EVERYTHING
>>
>>27785464

Eh, AJ + Rarity alone is overdone, but we've never had an episode focused on all the sisters at once have we?
>>
>>27785478
Sisterhooves Social.

Scootaloo abd RD don't count.
>>
>>27783529

No, Rarity is now the main character and has taken all of Twilight's episodes.
>>
>>27783511

>hiatus ends

>just one episode later, right back to Rarity co-starring.

I feel like the theme of this season is less "explore Equestria" and more "HOLY SHIT RARITY IS THE BEST PONY EVER"

At this point I half expect the finale to just be Josh Haber walking on screen, and giving a 40 minute speech about how amazing Rarity is.
>>
>>27785498
Oh shut up already
>>
File: 1465182917539.jpg (182 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
1465182917539.jpg
182 KB, 750x750
>>27785490
And yet there still isn't a solo Rarity episode this season.

Also
>Still no RariTwi episode
This season is S3-tier
>>
>>27785487

That was about Rarity and Sweetie, AJ and AB were mostly there to provide contrast.

Also why shouldn't they count? Their like honorary sisters now or whatever.
>>
>>27785506

Saddle Row Review was technically a Rarity solo despite all the screentime for the other Mane 6, just like how Last Round Up was an AJ episode despite her being absent for half of it. The story revolved around them, everything the other Main 6 did revolved around their relationship to them, it's just a different way of writing a story around a character.

It IS kind of absurd that 6 seasons in there hasn't been a dedicated RariTwi episode though, or Applejack/Twilight... or Fluttershy/Pinkie.
>>
>>27785523
No, Saddle Row was definitely NOT a Rarity episode. How anyone could think it was, I don't know.
>>
>>27785523
>Applejack and Twilight
I consider Applebuck Season to be one.

But if S7 has no Rarity and Twilight one, it'll be such a waste. At least there was a Rarity and Pinkie.
>>
>>27785534
Not him, but he makes a fair point. You can argue a Mane 6 episode with a pony focus can be recognized as that pony's episode in a way. However, I don't see it that way myself.
>>
>>27785534

>the entire episode revolves around the opening of Rarity's new boutique

>the conflict for the other Main 6 is literally realizing that Rarity trust them to help her in their own ways rather than trying to imitate her.

As I said, it's like Last Round Up, the main thing is how all of Rarity's friends relate to her and the plot in general revolved around her.

>>27785535

Eh that's really only by virtue of Twilight needing to be in every S1 episode, the conflict was 100% about AJ.

And yes, there were two Rarity/Pinkie's so that was neat.
>>
>>27785498
kek

>>27785432
I was so mad when he broke Discord's good episodes streak.
>>
>>27784815
>"Oh... I rolled a 1."
"A 1 succeeds!"
>"It does?"
"Yes! You did it."
>"Heyyy, I rolled a natural 20 before and you said I failed anyway."
"Well, each situation has a different DC based on difficulty-"
>"I was stepping over a 3 hoof gap."
"Gaps can be very tricky."
>>
File: 1458664692424.gif (835 KB, 499x281) Image search: [Google]
1458664692424.gif
835 KB, 499x281
>>27785498

Don't forget Manehatten and how much Rarity loves it!
>>
>>27784157
>David Stuart
>not Patrick Stewart

Haaaaaaaaasssssssbrooooooooo!
>>
>>27785498
Season end with Rarity become the new princess.
>>
>>27787029

She'd probably do a better job than Twilight.
>>
>2 more Spike episodes
Golly! Assuming, the staff made the quality half good as Gauntlet, what they could possibly focus on?
I'd love to see episode about him wanting to leave Ponyville for some actual decent reason:
- going to dragon's land and start friendship business / diplomacy stuff
- eventually going to Canterlot for being tutored / prepared
Also a great opportunity to discover Twilight's flaw, when she would start insecure about it and deny it.

Or, episode when Spike would get over with his crush, confront in front of Rarity and move on.

Any other decent ideas?
>>
>>27788771
PPOV I'm pretty sure is him becoming a pony somehow.
>>
>>27783511
37 Days of "Slice of Life"
>>
>>27788784
A good chance to make this episode both goofy and feelsy.

>Enough Spike, You need to get switched back! Being a dragon is Your true nature.
>I never wanted to be a dragon in first place!
Add some extra points if he would wallow about it.
>>
>>27788902
What if Twilight and Spike do a "mile in my shoes" thing and she becomes a dragon?
>>
>>27788771
>- going to dragon's land and start friendship business / diplomacy stuff
Not going to happen because Spike still hate 99% of the dragon population. He even wanted to leave as soon as the summon wear off on him.

>- eventually going to Canterlot for being tutored / prepared
that would only happen because of his fuck in Princess Spike, and even the writers themselves hated that episode. Also why the fuck would Twilight care about Spike being taught anything?
>>
>>27788924
Ember wants to change stuff and might need his help. And maybe she just cannot deal with him being gone?
>>
>>27788953
Forgot to mention it. Establishing Ember provides us a "gateway" to new plot ideas. I'm sure, that Spike and Celestia are eager about it.
And it's even better to put Twilight in negative role here.
This just ask to be written.

Why Twilight to put on negative role?
- few step backs to mary sue status
- it would show audience, what Spike really means to her
- perhaps, that would be the biggest challenge to deal with
- Bitchy Twilight is the best Twilight
>>
>>27788953
>>27789045
You two are implying that Ember is going to show up more than once this season. If anything she'll be treated like Trixie/Glida and appear two, or three season after her debut/
Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.