[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FOE: A Post-Nuclear Pony Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 140
File: Displeased horse noises.png (130 KB, 1196x1684) Image search: [Google]
Displeased horse noises.png
130 KB, 1196x1684
Organization edition

Old thread: >>27269654

The original, read it first:
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/119190/

EqD Side Story Compilation Post - March:
http://www.equestriadaily.com/2015/03/fallout-equestria-side-stor-updates.html

Tales from the Wasteland:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jjr70KyM4O4tilvWOPMbgT0c9hPnFK12xUQW6wGrCm8

PnP Document:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApDd-Pi_fJGZdGZiN0U0ajdtR3dTZ0FVQUh4cnhqenc

Smut Collection:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LBe5FGXd2Fgj0CRbz8HDZ6fDC11aRB9O-KfYxCODjGM

FOE Bestiary:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1d6ZpDbbs6HWYBpoRwh1XZ0PB0TSxWaxtQODkRviq1KY/edit?usp=sharing

/foe/ Chatrooms:
#FOEchat (and #foefetish for you horsefuckers) on irc.canternet.org:6667
http://falloutequestria.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Chat

Recent updates:

The Chrysalis (May 10th)
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/288365/

Heroes (May 9th)
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/662/

Black And White (May 8th)
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/44457/

Make Love Not War (May 5th)
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/301900/

ITT: Keeping factions organized! What kind of writing utensils and other tools are used? Literacy per faction?
>>
>>27336570
You guys have a Stable Quest archive anywhere?
>>
>>27336587
There was one but I'm not sure if it still works.
RIP Sneakyboomfix.
May she hop around in a heavenly meadow.
>>
>>27336587
http://neonovus dot tk/StableQuest%20-%20Index.htm

Yep.
I'm useful!

>>27336570
That depends heavily on the leftover materials.
Paper and other cellulose based products would be a rarity.
There aren't enough trees for long grain pulp, grasses aren't very good, and velum even is difficult if you aren't a raider.

Cuneiform could make a comeback, there is plenty of water and soil, metal scribes are not hard to obtain.

By the same fashion, with recollectors, you could have entire memory sets being used instead.
Sort of like communicating now solely via video.

For stable ponies, they could use the Pipbucks, so they would have at least text messages.

Audio recording would be easy, whether magnetic tape or wire, on out to magic gems.

Part of me wants to say that the actual answer could be enchanted materials, sort of like a single sheet of epaper with a memory module .
Able to show or take notes of what you want with nary an issue.

Fuzzy did a bit more in Murky, using audio recorders as the new journal method, but then has Murky's journal and charcoal sticks.
Both are very precious and fragile items that survive quite well despite everything that should see them destroyed.

So it really depends on how the available resources for the region are, going back to my proof that FOE the original takes place in a 60 mile bubble.
>>
>>27336637
Thanks Nymph, much appreciated.
>>
>>27336637
Elaborating further, the primary parts needed for data storage and retransmission come down to:

1.) Agreed upon codec
This would mean a common written language, easily decoded pictograms, or adherence to some standardized form ala ascii or unicode.
You could even use semaphore records if you want.
2.) Permanence of information
Whatever you write down you want to stay written.
So using things like lipstick on glass is not going to work, but a grease pen would.
So you would need to have a good pairing of utensil and item.
Enamel paints work really well here, able to bond to many substances and remain there, while drying quickly so as not to be smudged.
So you could use scrap metal sheets or panels of glass stuck together to make a sheaf with this method.
3) Transmission
The last part to data is the ability to spread it, to give it to other people and have it stay with them.
So for this, it would mean the chosen method must survive transit, thing glass panels can't break, metal sheets can't be too heavy, and so on.
Now we know there are couriers of some form, Derpy isn't serving everyone (again, unless my proof is truth and FOE is a tiny place), so spreading info should be easy.

Ultimately, the question is actually easy in a form, since we have radio.
If you go back tot he idea of ticker tape machines, you can use a thin metal foil in place of paper, and replace the stamp with simple hole punches to form binary.
Given that as its been shown, ponies use binary already with their typewriters, this actually makes perfect sense and by deduction would be a common method.
>>
>>27336654
I bet he traced whole blog :^)
>>
>>27337598
wew
>>
>>27338718
>Her summary made sense, it did take him a few minutes to figure out what you were trying to tell him with your tail.
>But that was your cousin's advice.
>What would mom say?
>You shifted slightly closer to your mother and licked your lips.
"Is there anything I should do or say to him? Nails was telling me how to get his attention 'n stuff but..."
>Your mother made an amused hum and smirked slightly.
>"Your cousin only knows how to get laid and keep a stallion interested in sex."
>She straightened up and looked at you more seriously.
>"If you want to have a mate who you can care for, who will care for you, who will help you to raise your own foals... you need to know more than just what he likes in the sack."
>Her eyes seem to swim with fond, past memories.
>"Your dad wasn't my first you know. I fooled around a little in my youth. Your Uncle.. He didn't like me getting so close to bucks like the ones I went after, but he let me."
>She had grown somber at the mention of your uncle, her brother, but wuickly brightened up. More than what you were used to even when she continued.
>"Hmm, your father though, not quite as big as he is now and even now not the biggest in the clan, was a wild and eager stallion. Never once flirted or tried to get me to lay with him."
>She paused for a minute and stared off into nothing, then laughed.
>"He usually just went around challenging other stallions to fight him, and usually the ones he saw me hanging out with. Won a lot more than he lost, and kept coming back if he didn't."
>Her expression became a bit pained then.
>"I always thought he was just jealous I wasn't going after him, so I ignored him. That's when I started to find gifts and surprises he'd leave for me. Food, trinkets, occasional drink. Never drugs though, he's always hated those."
>You didn't get to see your mother talk about your dad like this often, and her normally stoic, half lidded look had melted away.

Continued...
>>
>>27338747
>"It took me a long time to realize it, but he wasn't just trying to impress me or get back at the stallions I was with."
>Your mother turned her face back to you with a soft smile.
>"He was trying to prove he was strong enough to protect me, resourceful enough to feed me; 'willing to throw myself into the fire for you' he said.
>Her eyes lowered in thought after she finished.
>"That's why I chose your father Wild Flower; and I'm sure that he would want you to choose somepony like that as well. He's always been very traditional like that."
>Your mother had given you a lot to think about when he story had ended.
>Snores from other ponies in the camp were beginning to float around in the air, and the coals in the firepit were nearly out.
>Your mother laid down again, silent now in the enclosing darkness.
>You laid down as well, tired from the day but still restless in your mind.
>Maybe things would make more sense tomorrow.
>Maybe they'd make less sense.
>Either way, you lay down on some of the spare blankets and wrapped yourself in them.
>Only the future would reveal the answers, but that was yet to come.

FINITE

So I always meant to end this 'arc' on day 1 so I'll be taking another break here. I may decide to come back and start again the next day, or a few weeks in Wild's future. Feedback is welcome but it's Hiatus for now.
>>
>>27339574
Should start it in a few weeks time I think, easier to start a new scenario rather than trying to transition from camp to a new situation. Though talking to her father would be an interesting thing that could be fun to play out.
>>
>>27338384
>>27337598
What is the joke?
>>
>>27339603
Noted. Got some ideas for something like that already.
>>
>>27336570
probably heavily depends on where the ponies live, and what recourse survived, as well as how much education persisted. Illiteracy would probably not become common, as parents would teach their fouls, for raiders it can be a mixed bag, but let's say they have some education, even if it's stupid education.

With that in mind, symbols would probably become common, as in territory marking, and the like. for more personal notes, recycled materials would likely be common, such as newspapers, and pages from books, broken down and dried as new sheets of paper. Nere the end of the wasteland age, when the plants start growing again, the making of new clean paper would likely come about.

Groups above raiders, but below established settlements (Bandits maybe) theyed probbably cluggle there way through, like using clipboards to wright in, and painting them over whenever needing to wright a new message, that kind of thing.
>>
File: Beating you back to Health.gif (106 KB, 360x344) Image search: [Google]
Beating you back to Health.gif
106 KB, 360x344
WAKE UP!
>>
File: 1415914973175.png (638 KB, 1024x1365) Image search: [Google]
1415914973175.png
638 KB, 1024x1365
He's dead, Jim.
>>
>>27342711
Arg that's such a good style of pone but I forget who draws it.
>>
I leave for the airport in 3 hours and I can't fucking sleep
>>
>>27343317
Sleep on the plane.
>>
File: IMG_20160418_040707.jpg (4 MB, 2304x4096) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160418_040707.jpg
4 MB, 2304x4096
Ayy
>>
>>27343317
Riddles pls
>>
>>27343932
You're 5 hours late fuckboy, my flight boards in 8 minutes.
>>
>>27343956
fly safe.
>>
>>27343956
nigger where the hell do you think you're going
>>
>>27344129
On a jetplane
Don't know when he'll be back again
THat faggot hates to go

Now the time has come to leave us
One more time, call us fuck ups
Then close your eyes and count to three
Dream of the days to come
All at EFNW
>>
>>27344279
That's a really shitty rhyme scheme.

Also just landed. Here I cum faggots.
>>
>>27344450
I made it in your image.
>>
>>27344450
Well I'm not there this year so it's gonna be lame by default. Have fun without me you faggots.
>>
Would magic forcefields be appropriate in FOE if coming from like enchanted bracers or augmenting traditional buckler shields?

What of several story tall half torsoed ponies that wander the landscape, face replaced with nothing but angular studs, like the jacks used for wave breakers.
Something that just hunts over the landscape looking for other ponies to turn into more of them?
>>
>>27344586
No, no, no, and learn english.
>>
>>27344586
>magic forcefields
>augmenting traditional buckler shields
Get your Halo out of my pone.
>>
>>27344811
>not wanting pony hoplites at the end of the world
>not wanting spartans fighting steel radiators
>>
File: H5G-Render-Jackal.png (1 MB, 1320x1000) Image search: [Google]
H5G-Render-Jackal.png
1 MB, 1320x1000
>>27344987
>real buckler
Yes, fine.
>pic related
No thanks.
>>
>>27344772
Why so British imperialistic?
>>
So that guy on derpi that draws creepy realhorse drew a Pip.

>"I’m not a huge fan of the Fallout Equestria series. One of the things I love about Equestria is that is a land of potential; it is a world still full of vibrancy and vigor. It is a pleasant reminder that sometimes there is a alternative to perpetual parade of dark, fatalistic, views of the world and people. Therefore I don’t receive any great joy in seeing it get kicked to curb. If I want that my own world is full of dark, dystopian stories, and countless authors, artists, and musicians can satisfy that itch when it arises."

>"That said the Fallout Equestria series does have some very fascinating characters in it. One of them is Little Pip. Watching her transformation, not always for the better, was interesting to behold. So recently I decided I would start doing some study sketches of main characters from the original story arc."

>The rifle Little Pip is wielding heavily inspired by the Russian OTs-14 Groza It just looks like it would be something that would’ve been manufactured by one of the sides during the war. Especially near the end before the great collapse."
>>
>>27345273
Baron is pretty neat, he and Bris need to have a dream time meet.
>>
File: wtf am I casting.png (555 KB, 900x703) Image search: [Google]
wtf am I casting.png
555 KB, 900x703
>>27345326
Dreams don't work that way

Though I have to say, just reading his stuff that's rather impressive. Didn't know there was another person with that same sort of talent.

Still am unsure whether or not I should share my dream stories with the thread though. Of course my dream self becomes a total mary sue...
>>
>>27345404
Fuck it, tell us some stories.
>>
>>27345404
Do it.

Anyone else here at EFNW? Panels are meh but I'm with the canucks.
>>
File: 1459051454530.png (732 KB, 1200x807) Image search: [Google]
1459051454530.png
732 KB, 1200x807
>>27345631
Well considering that I've had about a year straight of consecutive /foe/ dreams, there's almost too much to cover...

However some of my favorite highlights include:
>The first time we organized a campaign against a nearby camp of Raiders
>Fuzzy bringing a broken down tank back from the dead with the help of some mechanics and luck
>Saving some anons from a group of slavers
>DIleak watching as Sapphire gets a royal beating from a fresh Dashite.
>Finding out Somber stopped PH from ever happening out of guilt
>Shooting Murky in the hoof

And much more.
>>
>>27345793
Tell of the Sapphire one.
>>
>>27345793
Gah, typo.

I didn't shoot Murky in the foot.

I sliced his neck open with a sword.
>>
>>27345793
What level of detail do these dreams reach? I know Baron's dreams are very vivid, are they like that?

>Shooting Murky in the hoof
Why would you go and do a silly thing like that?
>>
>>27345838
Ah
>>
>>27336570

It depends. Writing is used for the retension and transmission of information, and isn't immediately an asset for survival. In essence, you can get away with a lot of basics without needing to know how to read and write.

Unfortunately, there's this thing called death and it's really hard on the organ we use to store information. If a person learns how to do X, Y, and Z in their life, and dies, that information is lost. If they manage to teach X and Y, but not Z, before they die, then Z is lost. This makes progress really hard, since knowledge can be wiped out. We came from nothing. We become nothing.

But if you have a book, and write X,Y, and Z down, then if you die, the information remains. So it is a valuable tool for the amassing of information and skills and eventual technology, but not immediately.

And education is a luxury. Hours learning X,Y, and Z means you're not hunting, farming, or building things needed to keep you alive. So only extremely efficient settlements would even have it as an option.
>>
>>27345793
Ooh tell us about the raiders, did we tame some?
>>
>>27345793
>tfw you've been here long before Leak and you didn't get a Bris dream
>>
>>27345941
too bad you'll never be rad, lad
>>
>>27345967
fuk u anon
>>
File: VV&WW.png (3 MB, 2712x2075) Image search: [Google]
VV&WW.png
3 MB, 2712x2075
>>27345854
From blurry and sort of fleeting to vivid to the point of blurring lines of reality. Around a few minutes to a couple hours in length.

>>27345832
This one provides a bit of context. Before all this happened we both discovered that the anons brought to FoE were scattered throughout the land and in searching for one, we came across a Dashite named Wispy Winds. (the blue pegasus in pic related)

She's a fiery little birdy that gave us attitude when asking for information but ended up being dragged along with us when a firefight exploded soon after.

Later on, we were exploring the desert down near where Dice was, and came across an abandoned factory complex guarded by Sapphire that was sniping anything that moves because they were expecting a local gang attack or something along those lines. With the aid of some stealthbucks and the other pony in pic related, we were able to break in and make them put their guard down enough to convince them to come back to our HQ.

Soon after bringing back this wary group, Sapphire bumped into Wispy, who looked down at the smug looking OC in disgust. Sapphire snapped a few expletive yet playful comments, which Wispy did NOT appreciate.

Shouting turned to punches, then Sappy ended up getting a mouthful of hoof from a dive kick along with Wispy telling her firmly to watch her place in full DI style. Sapphire ended up with a broken muzzle and a few missing teeth, and her head a solid inch in the ground.

Her only muffled reply as the dashite fluttered off: "...Bitch."
>>
>>27345941
>tfw when here long after and still unsure if you want to be recognized
>>
>>27345993
Sapphire, the world's best example of a hatefuck fleshlight.
>>
>>27345793
>>27345938
Yeah, tell us about raiding the raiders.
>>
>>27345938
This one was an entertaining one

Soon after we actually figured out what we're doing and got a hold of some weapons, we were soon being plagued by increasingly consistent firefights from a nearby band of very well armed raiders that were holding out in a concrete mass of ruins down the hill from us.

A few brave souls did some scouting to find out that the raiders had found a weapons cache of sorts that supplied them with such constant amounts of ammunition. But because they were raiders, they kept it all in a pile in the center of the most intact building We had to stage a raid of our own.

I and a few others came up with the idea of using a distraction to draw their attention. During the night we snuck down to the hideout in two teams. One would cause a huge ruckus to draw out their main force out and away from the hideout before running away. The team I was in started distracting the sniper on the top of the building by shouting insults at him long enough for our own sniper to take him out.

Once that one was down, we pushed ahead and broke into the compound. There was a lone, quite young raider mare guarding the pile, which we captured and tied up.

Grabbing weapons from the pile, we got as many of our teammates into the building as we could once the raiders realized what was going on and turned back towards their camp. We barricaded as many entrances as possible, positioned ourselves up at every window of the three story building and loosed our fury upon the rabid things using their own defenses against them. Soil boiled from the impacts, and ponies exploded in mists of blood and gore and fell tumbling from their crazed running.

Those moments felt absolutely legendary. Apart from the captured raider, we killed every last one. What became of our prisoner? She's the brown pony in the previous pic. Viper Venom.
>>
>>27346232
Who claimed and banged Viper eh?
>>
Sigh...........

me.
>>
>>27346415
Is this lament because you are gay?
>>
File: blech_by_outlawedtofu-d9r92r6.png (300 KB, 2181x2224) Image search: [Google]
blech_by_outlawedtofu-d9r92r6.png
300 KB, 2181x2224
>>27346415
>>
>>27346437
>>27346429
Why is she a unicorn in one and a pegasus in the other?
>>
>>27346455
Because it's two different ponies you freakin goob.
>>
>>27346429
>>27346437

It's a complicated relationship. and first time sex happened literally the last dream I had a few days ago. And she initiated it. Mainly because I was the one that "tamed" and raised her, and it got to the point where it went beyond stockholm syndrome. A very long story that has been developing as much as the dream realm was.
>>
>>27346477
Have you had any less autistic dreams?

I'm literally cringing.
>>
>>27346468
Then why do they look the same?
>>
>>27346488
If you think they look the same you should probably schedule an appointment with the optometrist bruh.
>>
File: image.png (257 KB, 1677x2111) Image search: [Google]
image.png
257 KB, 1677x2111
>>27330147
Looking forward to someone fleshing this out.
>>
File: 1463092293465.png (610 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
1463092293465.png
610 KB, 750x750
>>27346488
All inferior nonearthpony look the same.
>>
>>27346477
Daw, raider waifu taming come true!
>>
>>27346487
And that's exactly why I said I was unsure about sharing these things. I'm even sparing you of the sometimes extremely cheesy details.

Not that making yourself dream of wasteland horses is any less of an autistic hobby.
>>
>>27346531
Man I can deal with like Mary Sue type like "killan all the dudez" but sexuals tops my autism scale.
>>
>>27346531
Bris please.
I spent a week with androgenic incarnate.
These read like good friend doing midlevel writing for an RP group.

Keep going.
>>
>>27346487
he cant, his autism has transcended to another level and is making him insane.
>>
Took a picture of a Rovojack body pillowcase. File too big to upload, wtf.
>>
>>27346668
So resize it, ass.
>>
Would a ripper bayonet be out of place for a battle saddle assault rifle?
>>
>>27346747
A reverse-bypass ripper bayonet to a dartgun that fires tranquilizer and/or aphrodisiac darts?
>>
>>27346541
>>27346549

Alright. I guess you'll like this then.

At one point we were beginning to really expand our influence and while we would be considered to be well off enough to survive comfortably, I was hunting down more lost Anons because the headcount was still low. (and lots of big names were still unaccounted for, like Jetwave)

We sent out a transmission on radio which subtly told anons who we were and where to find us. (earth places/events, memes, etc) And soon enough, to our surprise, we got a reply via Ditzy mail that asked us to meet someone at New Appleoosa.

Apart from finally meeting the happy ghoul in the rotten flesh, (Pip wasn't there) we came across Jetwave in a nearby saloon. He was heavily bandaged and nursing a couple broken legs. He told us, whilst drinking heavily, that he was the only one that escaped when his party of anons got captured by Red Eye's slavers in Whitetail Woods. We were severely hesitant to try and rescue them due to the fact we hadn't gone against Red Eye yet, and it wasn't a good idea to make ourselves known.

However, after some arguments we decided it was worth it and perhaps we'll survive the ordeal, so we head out to meet the Slavers at their camp, leaving most of our numbers (about 40 well armed anons and enlisted wastelanders) behind and hidden to negotiate.

While they had weapons, most were crude and far inferior to the Talons guarding them. We tried to buy the slaves off of them, but they refused. Then we threatened them, and they laughed and nearly shot us. However, I somehow was able to pull the leader of the group of Talon guards aside and asked what his contract was worth. (something around 500 caps each griff) I offered double it for them to turncoat and work for us. He accepted.

We came back after a day with a final offer. The fat slaver leading them let out a final laugh and told the Talons to kill me.
>>
>>27346885
Unfortunately for the slaver, the Talons did nothing as I shot the lead slaver in the foot as a demonstration. (where I got that typo about Murky from) The rest of Red Eye's forces just watching in shock.

He also was stupid enough to put his camp at the bottom of a couple shallow hills and against the edge of the woods. Perfect to hide my entire force behind.

Once the army popped up over the ridge aiming towards the camp below, followed soon by the Talons taking off and joining our side, I, again requested the slaves be released to us.

He complied. Then threatened to return to our headquarters with an even greater force. That Red Eye will never forget this insult to him.

Once the slaves were on our side, I ordered everyone to fire on the slavers and kill every last one like the edgy faggot I am.

Jet was reunited with Pencilguy who was among the captured, and after we returned, the Talons became real excellent and loyal guardsmen for our growing headquarters/town. Appropriately named "Anon Falls" ...Until Red Eye found out and sent a pretty sizable force to destroy it all.
>>
>>27346966
And? Come on you bastard, out with it.
>>
>>27347297
And then Bris boned Pip while Jet was forced to look on helpless as his waifu was railed by someone else.
>>
>>27347319
Actually it's much worse.
>>
>>27347343
BRIS PLS
>>
>>27347370
Actually it's someone else. But he's already told me what happens between him and pip.
>>
File: 1462045834131.png (329 KB, 519x729) Image search: [Google]
1462045834131.png
329 KB, 519x729
>>27347297
We won. What else did you expect?

But seriously, it was the first attack of many. This one was a bit costly, including the prompt slaying of all the Talons that we enlisted. And the wall around the eastern section of the town. Good amount of homes went up in flames as well.

Though to their dismay, we got the tank's machine gun up and running and had ammo for it! I recall in the height of the battle, jumping into the turret and doing some Anti Air shooting at any Talon mercs flying from above. They didn't bring any Alicorns that time, but we knew that they would bring more.

We fought them off, took them a while to come back, however we were much more ready so we took out a sizable chunk out of Red Eye's army over a few battles, some I was there to see, some I wasn't.

The last siege was a bit more brutal though. But by then, we were coming back from Hoofington with a fresh and almost too drunk Blackjack, along with several of her original team rounded up under different circumstances as weapons. And on AF's end, Pip was passing by and decided to help as well.

>>27347343
>>27347393
Pls. That part doesn't even happen until way after we deal with Red Eye.
>>
>>27347434
>Pls. That part doesn't even happen until way after we deal with Red Eye.
PLS
>>
>>27347393
Vacation slideshow of all the rape pics that were ever drawn of her?
>>
>>27347443
Ehehehehe, now we're getting to the more recent, more 'foe raider' tier stuff
Not long after the final defense of AF against Red Eye, his forces retreated back and left us alone for a while. The discussion about keeping us protected against another attack came up, and focus came especially on the Goddess and her Alicorns, which caused the greatest amount of our own casualties.

The solution? Megaspell. We didn't have one though.

Except in some controlled territory, in a previous excursion with a ghoulified Anon looking into the reason why he turned into a ghoul, I recalled a hole that was carved into a cliffside that contained a partially destroyed but undetonated balefire MIRV missile.

Because Pip thought I was going to nuke Red Eye along with the goddess, it was pretty easy getting her to get Steelhooves (whose life was saved by some advice and our own influence on the story) into helping me remove as many megaspells as possible. Rampage was also a good help, despite giving everyone a heart attack by throwing the megaspells around like toys.

To make a super long story short, we pull off the same trick Pip did against the goddess, memory spells and all, except the Enclave weren't present because of some prior communications that kept them away from the wasteland for the time. Also somehow I was able to mentally talk with Twilight before Maripony went up, compelling her to possess the body of a partially broken and very loyal Alicorn, which ended up giving the thing a split personality.

With everything that transpired then, Red Eye contacted us and offered to broker a deal, going as far as saying that we could bring as many as we wanted to this meeting. Pip objected, but given the circumstances that we were now nuclearly armed and the fact Murky and probably several Anons are enslaved still in Filly, we agreed to meet outside the city walls.
>>
>>27347623
In the ruins of Filly's outer city, way out of range of any fire, Red Eye came mostly alone. Sans Stern and a few ponies and Griffons. A strong party, but nothing compared to the now several hundred strong behind me.

Red Eye offered the olive branch with the promise never to set foot in our land again, on the condition that I and a few others could help him destroy a rumored coup to overthrow him coming from within that he heard from the enslaved Anons after interrogation.

I bartered an extra 100 slaves' freedom out of him (because I doubted we'd be able to supply any more for the journey back; it was a long way from AF to Filly) before accepting. Pip thought that it was a trap and wanted nothing to do with it, so she resigned to stay behind.

I had Fuzzy lead the party to take Red Eye to the usurper, with the protection of Twilight, and BJ and Rampage for the ultimate plot armor. I stayed behind so I could sneak into the city via stealthbuck and hunt down Murky, since Fuzzy suspected that he and his friends wouldn't like the idea of transferring ownership from one big power to another. (We also were hiding the fact that we were going to free those slaves for the sake of making this go as smoothly as possible)

Switching several times to see what Fuzzy was up to, I saw that Shackles was a crafty bastard, and put roadblocks at every turn, as if anticipating us. Forcing Red Eye to go as far as be dragged through the Outer Metro to go to Ministry Station.

There, more forces were waiting, lead by none other than Wildcard to have a beastly and very strange one on one with Rampage. Rampage won, of course, but had to allow herself to be decapitated to do it, causing a very powerful wave of unrest through the Bloodletter clan and making them flee.
>>
>>27347747
Meanwhile, I successfully got into the city behind them and found Murky hiding in the sewers with his friends.

I explained the situation, and with some argument, got them to agree to be of those 100 slaves that will be transferred to us. Glimmerlight did not trust me as much as Murky, nor did Coral. Brim was sensible about it though.

Though the discussion was short lived. A band of raider slaves started coming down the sewer tunnels and we were forced to the surface. Surrounded by, you guessed it, more raiders!

Leading them was Shackles himself, giddy as a kid in a candy store that he's got a big leader of a large faction in his captivity, and his perfect slave.

Right then, I pulled off one of the stupidest things I've ever done...

I grabbed the sword I keep for melee fighting, then I grabbed Murky and held him hostage, holding the blade to his neck.

It still kinda makes me ill remembering just how weak and light he was, and how he couldn't even squirm free. Eventually he just broke down sobbing.

Shackles HESITATED though, and that's what I wanted. I must have been convincing because holy crap were Murky's friend's shooting me the biggest kill glares I've ever seen.

Of course the slaver then laughed and said I wouldn't do it. I said otherwise by slicing Murky's throat. Just a little bit though. Not lethal, but it didn't look good. I was surprised I wasn't being stamped out by Brim's hoof at that point. He was ANGRY.

After a stand off though, a grenade came into the crowd of raiders from some particular Anons And Viper Venom leading them to get me out. Chaos ensues once Fuzzy and Red Eye come into the picture, which prompted Shackles to retreat with his remaining forces. Right into the Hotel where the foals are kept. There, he barricaded himself in, leaving me with a bleeding Murky, 3 ponies that are going to crush, shoot, and burn me at the same time, and for the first time, a visibly infuriated Red Eye.

>tfw
>>
File: 20160512_190803.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160512_190803.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
>>27337598
>>
File: pip cuter.png (139 KB, 914x874) Image search: [Google]
pip cuter.png
139 KB, 914x874
Before anyone died, however, I pulled off the ultimate BSing skills to talk my way into a truce. Mainly by pointing out that alright, we have the one that was planning the coup, he was expecting us, and we've all had to make pretty drastic measures to survive.

Glim wouldn't be convinced of my innocence, but Fuzzy pulled through by distracting her with the still functioning tank.

Along with Red Eye's remaining forces, and some making up with Murky and enlisting him to be the ears outside the hotel to keep track of where everyone was, we stormed the Hotel with several teams, and encountered several traps waiting for us.

We got most of the fillies out, except of course Chirpy and two others who were with Shackles at the top.

What was he doing with them, you ask?

Wearing them. Good old live baby armor, along with the boasting of invincibility.

Along with taunting and his psychological warfare, there was a hard fought battle to rip off the foals swiftly, before finally he was beheaded... Only for his head to be thrown out the window and land right at Murky's feet.

After everything settled, Red Eye abided by his word, and let us take custody of 100 slaves of our choosing. Along with MN7's team, Weathervane came along. Protege, unfortunately, stayed behind.

After leaving, still hiding the fact of freedom from the slaves, we headed over to Manehattan and stopped at Gardener's. (The female one, to my surprise) Providing fresh apples for all the slaves. Pip and several of her friends, however, had been brooding on what happened, and approached, accusing us of not really being against Red Eye by helping him and that she didn't trust us. She then stated that it'd be best if we parted ways. With the tone that she was most likely going to end up going against us some way or another.

And that's the story of how I made Littlepip my most likely adversary.
>>
>>27347891
You know this sounds better than most of my plans for dealing with Filly.

Probably because they all involve putting explosives inside myself and shouting Somber akhabar at some point.
>>
File: 1460320767586.png (152 KB, 344x404) Image search: [Google]
1460320767586.png
152 KB, 344x404
>>27348104
>Protege, unfortunately, stayed behind
>>
>>27348104
You realise that to defeat Pip all you have to do is stand on a stepladder with one of those foam sword and padded armor things they have at fairs?
She can't touch you with her stunty legs, and throwing things at you doesn't work thanks to the padding.
>>
>>27348240
You think you're safe from the mare who levitated a train car because you're standing on a ladder?
>>
>>27348301
No, I'm safe because the foam armor would see me and the stepstool squirt sideways from the pressure to safety.

Its a Pip proof suit, its not like she can shoot us, we aren't defenseless here.
>>
File: 1451875323520.png (757 KB, 1452x1304) Image search: [Google]
1451875323520.png
757 KB, 1452x1304
>>27348301
She is easily defeated by boops. It is weakness of all pone.
>>
File: 1DYt2KK.png (299 KB, 2281x2271) Image search: [Google]
1DYt2KK.png
299 KB, 2281x2271
>>27348104
There are several details you are omitting sir.
>>
>>27348357
Dammit riddles go away and hang with real people.
>>
File: 1460805543418-1.jpg (59 KB, 379x326) Image search: [Google]
1460805543418-1.jpg
59 KB, 379x326
>>27346511
I wrote that on a whim anon. Didn't realize anyone enjoyed it since I didn"t have any (you)'s
>>
>>27348357
Where the hell are you man?
I can't see you at your house.
>>
So what's with fucking godzilla back there?
Some balrog hatefucked the godzilla eggs and a thousand years later its baby came up from the earth mistaking it for hell raising time thanks to Blackjack?
>>
>>27348390
I've been playing Magic the Gathering for the last hour.

What the fuck are you doing?
>>
>>27348844
I'm seeing how far I can put my tablet stylus up my dick.
>>
File: u8MkTQ6.png (323 KB, 2337x3174) Image search: [Google]
u8MkTQ6.png
323 KB, 2337x3174
>>27348844
You get three guesses but you should only need one.
>>
>>27348944
Pounding Ham.
>>
>>27348944
Publishing the next chapter of my beloved fic?
Now with Michael Bay action and H R Geiger sex?
>>
>>27349029
>>27349104
Dammit you guys stop taking the piss.
>>
>>27349126
We like watersports okay?
Its as natural as Riddles liking to draw waifus with object centric sexuality.
>>
File: 20160513_180000.jpg (3 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160513_180000.jpg
3 MB, 5312x2988
>>27349144
You really need to stop.

In other news, a Granite.
>>
>>27349271
Senpai noticed me!
>>
>>27349271
Riddles I'll fucking pay you twice what it costs if you can get Brae to draw me an Air Raid.
>>
>>27349304
Air Raid or Trap Raid?

You should probably list what you want hombre.
>>
>>27349304
Brae rarely takes commissions at cons and if he does, it's a tiny sketch if he feels like drawing at all.

Also Air Raid a gay.
>>
>>27349323
I know, I got him at EFNW last year.

>>27349313
>>27349313
Air Raid is a trap by default man.

If you can get him to do it, ask him to draw me an Air Raid laying on a cloud.
>>
Shall I put up the review of 60 minutes in hell from Murky?

Its actually less than 50, and frankly not even that much hell. Fuzzy you have violated advertising laws, run man run!

But really, why is nobody discussing Murky after I do?
>>
>>27349369
Cause I've never read it. I'm waiting for Fuzzy to finish it cause updates take so long.
>>
>>27349413
Fine, what fic should I go after then?

What fic have you guys actually read?
>>
>>27349548
Project Horizons
>>
File: 1454287875435.png (86 KB, 653x591) Image search: [Google]
1454287875435.png
86 KB, 653x591
Dingus's
>>
>>27350718
How many /foe/ggots have you blown this time Riddles?
>>
>>27348834

What happens when you take a spiritually fortified leader of all the zebras and hit him with a 'fire' megaspell in a base with an entire store of balefire bombs?
>>
>>27348944
Playing Doctor?

Or playing with your Doctor?
>>
> Waiting for the next chapter of Homelands
> Somber will underdeliver
> Somber will be late
> Somber will go animuh

fuck my life
>>
>>27349560

Fallout: Equestria, Project Horizons, Starlight, Heroes,Guise of Chaos, The Daily Unlife, Deep Imprint, Anywhere but Here: Odds and Ends, Anywhere but Here, Murky Number 7, Pink Eyes, Rising Dawn, Influx, Broken Steel, Old Souls, Sisters, The Long Winter, The Hooves of Fate, Memories, Viva Las Pegasus, Dance of the Orthrus, Homelands, Frozen Sky, Mending Hearts, Outlaw, Wasteland Bouquet.
>>
File: 1443965862034.png (27 KB, 631x514) Image search: [Google]
1443965862034.png
27 KB, 631x514
Don't forget Ouroboros, forge horsie adventures and Gardener
>>
>>27352788

> Ouroboros

I found the narration flat and the characters hardly indentifiable with during the first 80k words.

It's sad though because the starting point with the underwater stable was great.
>>
>>27351617
Zigger becomes country fried nigger?
>>
File: 1456434512618.gif (138 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
1456434512618.gif
138 KB, 600x400
Double the options double the fun - blackjack
>>
>>27348834
is that scotch tape?
>>
>>27353150
Beej is a foul Slaaneshi demon.
And I wouldn't have it any other way.
>>
>>27348834
Holy fuck this is such a dull cover. He had to choose a moment where 3/5ths of the party are BORED for their cover, while there's fucking Godzilla Ghost Rider in the background of all things (that part's just confusing). Like, let's review this here. Like, is that normal at this point? Does he just stay there and watch? What the fuck is going on?

The angle makes the scene look like a Smash arena. This is really really bad. On top of three of the characters looking bored, Scotch Tape looks like she's being told off, zebra hoodie mcfuck or whatever looks like she's trying to cast a spell so their map actually fucking shows them something. There's no energy or majesty in this scene, no awe, no horror, they're just fucking pulled up at the side of the road checking a map. Was this the best they could come up with?
>>
File: Homelands.png (1 MB, 1280x997) Image search: [Google]
Homelands.png
1 MB, 1280x997
>>27348834
i dunno what i'm doing
>>
File: teddy laughs at you.jpg (1 MB, 2822x2119) Image search: [Google]
teddy laughs at you.jpg
1 MB, 2822x2119
>>27353267
>>
File: 1462283255738.gif (828 KB, 200x189) Image search: [Google]
1462283255738.gif
828 KB, 200x189
>>27348834
Did somber actually do it the absolute madman?

Did he actually make the worst possible cover to a foe story?

Can anybody make any fucking sense of the design decisions on this? Nothing aesthetically or logically makes sense at all.

Why is the part sitting bored on an exposed ridge line rehearsing tactics I presume, aren't any of them....worried that Wake me up Inside back there is staring right at them, do none of them...mind the fact a giant fucking flaming death skull is just hanging around in the city?

This one fucking image is probably the most succinct representation of Somber's hilarious incompetence I've ever seen, seriously.

Why is this so fucking bad?
>>
>>27353167
Looks more like Marcus Fenix.
>>
>>27336570
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/263354/fallout-equestria-dance-of-the-orthrus

And on time, chapter 22 is now up.
>>
>>27353150
Isn't that just Shining Amore wearing a red and black wig?
>>
File: tumblr_nvbsiqdMis1t5wc4wo2_1280.png (706 KB, 1280x1092) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nvbsiqdMis1t5wc4wo2_1280.png
706 KB, 1280x1092
So to start with in 60 Minutes of Hell, we find that Protoge has no issue with grand fucking raider warlord Brim walking in on the meeting.
I am immediately reminded of Farscape when the crew just show up at the galactic powers meeting and all that happens is they get served drinks.
But it does show something, Protege as the character is willing to accept people change, something that nobody else really seems to be giving to Brim.
Glimmer is excluded due to lobotomizing herself more frequently than getting sex.

As this is going, what really are they hoping to use Murky for?
Its not a clandestine raid, its a plan for a full frontal assault to kill Barb.
THat doesn't make so much sense, since he won't be scouting and have a chance to use his unmolested giant ear.

Which brings the better question, why can't Regini just grab a rifle and plonk Barb in the head while he is doing his act?
Kind of seems like the rebelion would be put down by that or a quick call for a teleporting alicorn.
Hell why isn't there a quick response team of teleporting alicorns in Filly?
LIke that would solve the escapes, and a lot of the hardships quickly.

And then Barb, a sadistic fuck that shows how raiders should be.
The hell was this plan?
Brimstone I could see as somebody wanting to piss on his image, only to find out Brim is serious about being the slave.
Barb just seems like something that should have been executed after his first slave game.
Is it because he is Chainlink's property, not Protege's?

Alright, Murky finally gets a battlesaddle.
Its totally going to get stolen or wrecked soon just to make him suffer.
Still, the little lima bean actually got something nice.
I do like Mosin's assistant.
Smaller guns?
Bah, just get something else, possibly explosive.

The foreshadowing in the armory is also interesting, they have somebody's Steelranger armor in there.

The exploded buck rather is hard hitting, quite interesting to me that I have feels. Probably the screams.
>>
>>27353796
Hey Dice get what, you're finally somewhat superior to Somber. At least your cover isn't complete dogshit.
>>
>>27353990
So the basic way the raiders got to hold the hallways is with living shields.
Given that its being shown by the literal throwing of skins over the railings that ponies are dying fast in the mall, then why does for the greater good not kick in here?

As it stands more ponies are dying from the wait than from what you could pack in a hallway for armor.
Even more so again, a lack of alicorn support.
The fuckers are like mayflies everywhere else in the wasteland, why are they so rare here in Filly?

Which then leads to the new plan of assaulting the hallways anyways, while Protege and co slip in the side door.
So they're going to be shooting the slaves but as a distraction?
Wouldn't it be better to just assault through as they have the manpower, while the flanking attack still goes on?

And then they sit outside in the rain, by a door right into the mall.
In a place Barb knows about.
Surprisingly there are no traps or sentries on it.

Also Shackles is way to calm with all this, he is up to no good.

Caduceus going along is going to see him dead. People really need to stop killing the medics, at least Relentless has bargained Belmor down to a lifetime of pain and suffering over death.
Its overdone and so common now that I have a hard time being invested in a character like that knowing they will die in a few chapters.

Okay so moving forward with the assault in the mall, why do so many slaves just cower everywhere?
Aren't these some of the worst the wasteland has?
Why don't they fight off the raiders?
Especially some like Coral Eve who cleared the atrium on first encounter.

It just kind of seems like it should have gone off with a lot more mutual deaths than happened.

I'm going to not speak of the rest after this, since I am told by my suggestive voice with a mic, that its worth the reason I read up to here.

Also because like fuckhuge spoilers, the sort unknown in art.
As of now.
>>
>>27353796
I want to detach her cyberlegs without damaging the joints and wrap her in a soft blanket.
>>
>>27348834
>No items
>No weapons
>Edge only
>Grimtown
>>
>>27354117
Ok that ending sounds too stupid.

The rest of the chapter after they get through the door is spoilerific.
As such, I will not speak on it unless asked to by thread.
>>
Hey Somber,
Why is PH listed as incomplete?
>>
>>27355176
He's trying to milk as many views as possible as he uploads PH piecemeal.
>>
>>27355375
I suppose its because he can't do math
> half crawled, half rolled, half fell out of bed
>>
File: Homelands new cover.png (2 MB, 1280x997) Image search: [Google]
Homelands new cover.png
2 MB, 1280x997
>>27353267
Here anon, let me add a little more to it.
>>
File: Perfection.png (251 KB, 652x493) Image search: [Google]
Perfection.png
251 KB, 652x493
>>27355671
>>
And so Blackjack is a lesbian 5 chapters in.
A neurotic lesbian that hates her job and is actually a kind hearted pony in a job she shouldn't be in.

There better be some kungfu and explosions soon to make me want to keep going.
>>
File: Glowing One Derpy.png (453 KB, 549x609) Image search: [Google]
Glowing One Derpy.png
453 KB, 549x609
>>
>>27356227
>There are actual radioactive Derpy Plushies out there

I need to find one. Now.
>>
File: 1.jpg (67 KB, 700x394) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
67 KB, 700x394
>>27356310
>How do you make something accidently radioactive? Did they use uranium?

Well, historically uranium was simply used as a yellow pigment
>>
>>27357289
Yellow Cake, delicious...
>>
File: b1wo-1441387125-16293-full.jpg (417 KB, 800x1024) Image search: [Google]
b1wo-1441387125-16293-full.jpg
417 KB, 800x1024
>>27353308
The real key is to hire someone who knows your shit and is also good at art.

Or get lucky enough to be gifted a cover by an artist who discovers and likes your shit.
>>
>>27357495
... cousin of Pound and Pumpkin cake, who joined the Ministry of Wartime Technology
>>
>>27357495
>>27357636
And a twin named Yellow Snow
>>
So aside from dashing, how does the Enclave punish its males?
>>
>>27357905
Feed them to their slave harem of gryphon dancers.
>>
>>27357905
30 Wingsprints.
>>
>>27357905
Forces them to wear scratchy sweaters and mingle with earth ponies (the ultimate insult!) below?
>>
File: download.jpg (11 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
11 KB, 300x168
>>27358048
>>
File: latest-3.png (172 KB, 783x1020) Image search: [Google]
latest-3.png
172 KB, 783x1020
What would changelings do in fallout equestria
>>
>>27358572
Negotiate peace with the NCR and attack Hoodington and Dis.
>>
File: cuck.jpg (91 KB, 684x750) Image search: [Google]
cuck.jpg
91 KB, 684x750
>>27358599
>Hoodington
>>
>>27358572
Find antisocial recluses to bug (hue) the shit out of.
>>
>>27358572
Put ponies in cocoons and lovingly gaze down at their sedated forms all day.
>>
>>27358572
Be mutated so they have to eat ponies to take on their forms.
No more goop cocoon for prisioners.
>>
>>27354096
yay, having a better cover then that is like playing a shooter on easy-mode, too damn easy to beat.
>>
>>27349344
Good news Tofu, I got a commission from Braeburned!

For me.
>>
>>27358709
If you're telling the truth, I hate you.

If you're fucking with me, I hate you.

If you're not actually Riddles I especially hate you.
>>
>>27358709
is it at least gay Riddles. If you didn't get gay porn from Braeburn then you are a disgusting human being.
>>
File: X8Ai2uB.png (457 KB, 1280x1408) Image search: [Google]
X8Ai2uB.png
457 KB, 1280x1408
>>27358722
Well I guess you hate me.
>>
>>27358722
But what if its Joker snd not Riddles?
>>
>>27358732
I got a nice set of pins from him.
>>
Giant pegamare dick brutally spooging inside a pathetic earthpony
>>
>>27358886
Have it done in figure hugging pvc stable suits and you have me sold.
>>
>>27359184
Hoers pls.
>>
>>27359344
Pls, Hoers has more class than to blurt it out like that.
>>
>>27359375
He also is latex with silicone goo for his marecocks.
>>
So I finished PH chaptet 1, shall I review it?
Or was this a joke?
>>
>>27359817
Don't. We've already heard every criticism of PH that can be said. You would only be beating a dead cyborg horse.
>>
>>27359937
She's not a cyborg anymore anon. Remember? :^)
>>
>>27359937
Then what was the point of it?

Also I got one, Stable 99 is a bondage and whipping fetish stable.
Yet to see that talked about.

And what is a flank spank?
>>
File: well.png (84 KB, 438x404) Image search: [Google]
well.png
84 KB, 438x404
>>27358629
>>27359184
>>27359344
>>27359375
>>27359549
>>
File: 1452353519000.png (1 MB, 2235x2000) Image search: [Google]
1452353519000.png
1 MB, 2235x2000
>>27360072
ilu hoers bby
>>
>>27360072
I'm curious, how does latex work for these sorts of situations?
It seems like it would depolymerize quickly in the wasteland.

As well, wouldn't it lead to a buildup of fur and sweat gunk under the suit?
Like just this oozing mass of crap that slicks around?

Now what of latex condoms and dental dams?
Would those be common and effective still?

How would you feel about a latex goop gun for immobilizing slaves and bucks trying to escape a dominant mare?
>>
>>27359984
I was the Anon who suggested PH. I just wanted to see your two cents and read a review of something I've read. Plus your reviews entertain me.
>>
>>27360170
I imagine that this thing that I draw a bunch of entirely for fetish purposes is probably completely impractical and the manufacture of rubber for any purposes other than industrial (by way of recycling) is probably impossible.

The contraception/safe sex question is actually quite interesting, because I don't imagine you'd find a lot of intact condoms outside of stables. Hell, even having sex in a clean space is probably going to be quite difficult. I imagine that unless there's contraceptive spell that's relatively easy to learn, unplanned pregnancies and STDs would be pretty common among every demographic except stable ponies (and maybe Enclave).
>>
File: The Queen of Abraxo (finished).png (2 MB, 4000x1867) Image search: [Google]
The Queen of Abraxo (finished).png
2 MB, 4000x1867
It's the birthday of your Spiritual Liege.
Just to let you know.
>>
>>27360486
Marneus Calagar?
That chav ain't got off his duff and shivved a pixie in 10 bloody millenia.
Why should that wanker get some chaos bourne relic for nutting?
>>
>>27360375
So then might it be that the rampant sexuality is intentional as part of a population rebuilding program?
In essence accounting for an r in rk theory despite ponies bein k traditionals?
>>
>>27360568
Why would I want Chaos?
Chaos is shit. And heretical.
>>
>>27360605
Ah but chaos offers the most important thing, extra teeth over a dental plan.
Why maintain what will fail when you can replace it?
>>
File: Wub.png (229 KB, 1280x1251) Image search: [Google]
Wub.png
229 KB, 1280x1251
>>27360698
Can't the Adeptus Mechanicus or Apothecary prescribe Power Teeth?
>>
>>27360727
Given power means a matter disassociation field, that would be a bad idea to have in your head.

Chain teeth would work, but then you would be the brother who cant give oral.
Bitching way to keep a pencil sharp though or a replacement for the betchers gland in escape.
>>
>>27360197
Well fair enough then.

>If it makes just one anon happy...

Ok meta joke aside, I am looking at this and kind of unsure where to hit it from, given its just a strict gather party member one, escape stable story.
Well that and the bigass metal pony monster who sounds like the delightful fellows I met when I approached mainland Europe.

Anyways, on with the review or shredding, or more likely a Somber summoning ritual.
>>
>>27361280
Somber summoning is easy nowadays. All you have to do is call him a cuck and he shows up to shitpost and try to start a shitstorm. Anons are finally learning to not take the bait however, so he's getting desperate for his daily self-flagellation and (you)'s.
>>
Alright, to start we have a tired rehash of what happened to the world.
Why is this needed?
It doesn't add anything, the war never changes part is bullshit given I have an arsenal in my closet that rivals more than few European kings.
Its rather hackneyed as well to explain why this character is constantly thinking about the end of the world.
That makes them paranoids, possibly psychotic.
That's not a healthy state of mind to be in.
Especially if you combine it with Mormonism.
Wait sorry Bris, this Stable 99 thing is like reverse Mormonism.
But I'll get to that later.

So to start, Blackjack is a security mare in a place that gives Orwell a new tree over his grave.
THis wouldn't be so unusual in the setting, long termed shaping of public think is plausible, particuarly in closed environs.
But, and this is the issue.
THis "Incident" apparently is a recent affair.
Something that may have happened to Blackjack's mother/grandmother, but certainly within near living memory.
So its something fucked up if Somber meant the whole word nicety retiring, incident as a serious coping mechanism.
Which leads to the issue of BJ fixating way too fucking much on it.
You don't fixate like that except right at the start, if its been all your life its as natural as hiding a fag from a nun.

So then we have Blackjack's room, an unapproved experiment in fermentation and the future capitol of her fungus overlords as she calls it.
As a security mare, she should be ordered, so here is how we see she is dangerously wild and a free thinker.
Just like everybody else in a stable trying to say this isn't true.
Right...

So her room has a crap load of valuable resources in a closed ecosystem. At what point does she get in trouble for hoarding resources?
And smelling like BO constantly from failing to wash her uniform?
Like as a matter of professionalism and aversion to grunge, that shit is important.
Once most open pored padding gets crap in it, it stays until washed.
>>
>>27361379
As a point, I have a neoprene phone cover I have been too lazy to wash, you can clearly see where its gone in my mouth due to full hands.
Now imagine that, but rubbing into your flesh.
Is it acne or horrible and debilitating flesh liquefying stuff? Well she'll know.

So next we see the stable is extremely regimented.
Because it has a schedule.
Hold your fucking dicks out and fellate this wordsmith!
An authoritarian place, has a strict schedule.
For police to get to work.
Yeah, that's not the least bit amazing.
She actually has a shower all to herself during this as well, try doing that on a ship.

Now we see Blackjack's lack of care for the rules Crawling in my skin, the rules can't follow me

Wait that's not right

when she walks in on two mares lezzing it up.
Instead of citing, she just tells them to stop hogging the hot water and do it in their quarters.
Oh and that one of them would get lashes, and she likes that, save for a certain mare who likes lashing.

Why is nobody discussing that Stable 99 is the dominatrix stable and instead keeps going on about the food recyclers?
THis is prime fetish bait here.

So we find the stable has bad heating talismans.
Given how all other talismans are shown, this is rather unbelievable and would be more likely from the material being damaged and breaking apart and needing replacement, not just slow hot water, ala the crusader maneframe stable.

Right so next we have mare ass chasing Blackjack running down a hallway.
As presented so far, BJ is just a lezzy, plain fucking lezzey in a stable of lezzies and 42 males
She gets a hit with a nifty hoofcuff spell , ooh I like this new magic!, and then we find Blackjack can't use her basic fucking tools of the trade.

FUcking hell, get off telekinesis only unicorns people!
Give them something stupid useless at least, like playing xylophones or summoning the giant balls seals balance on
>>
>>27361502
This is a really shitty and lazy hackjob, that not even all these fucking writers for comic books fall into of failing to give some quirk.
Sure all the super super powers are forgotten, but they still say things like infra and ultra yellow on the green lanterns rather than constant loss of power for pathetic reasons.
Hell give them the ability to do bitching puppet shows as a default secondary power.

So from this with BJ now chained up its not prison Dash! she has to beg for some help.
And we find out BJ isn't that much a lezzie, and still to stupid to actually get free.
What a lovely and sudden cockup in this.
Oh and the head maintenance pony is planning a coup, but who cares about that, BJ needs to be free!

Eventually BJ shows she is still a functional mare with her hooves tied
P21 gets introduced as a pony that has escaped with lockpicking. Also his screwdriver is a dildo.
This leads to an amazing part as we find out that stallions are just breeding equipment.
Who are then executed at the point you get a new male
Now given that its 51-49 favoring males in most reproductions for mares under 15, with a gradual increase favoring mares, it brings a certain question.
If they wait for the stallions to hit 15ish to start the breeding, then how do they deal with the large number of males that are conceived between each period?
Abortion and infanticide?
Because running this subterranean themiscrayia isn't really going to work what with the apparent lack of genetic modification equipment
If anything this stable sounds like the original test was to have stallions in control in a dominatrix method, and the ponies were allocated appropriately
Or Somber can't do research, but the whip plan is more fun

So we move onto Balckjack playing cards.
Not so bad, its common, oh wait she is engaging in criminal activity in a place she should be indoctrinated in
You know, the browncoats only worked because people didn't know who to trust
>>
>>27361502
>telekinesis only unicorns
Good point there. That always did bother me, and it makes them too similar to littlepip. Even if the character can't do anything beyond telekinesis (it's not that unbelievable, given we rarely see unicorns other than rarity or twilight doing a variety if magic in the show) the author doesn't have to point it out. Or they could just give them a spell that's impractical in the wasteland, like you suggested.
>>
>>27361618
But whenever you had cabals and cells form, people resisted and the Nazis lost their power damn fast in the area.
So if this stable is some fucked up place, there should be some pretty regular incidents as the overmare is deposed and reigned in.
Sadly this is not the case and Blackjack is spurned while on the clock and without any sharp implements to extract more hair dye from herself.

So friends are "friends" and not really seeing BJ as anything other than a meagre excuse ticket.
What a bloody fucked up relationship there, seen better from hookers dealing with their kids. Even had the kid shown as a reason to pay her to boot. Pretty sure he was a midget pimp though, kids don't have gold teeth like that.

So now Blackjack runs into the the second roll of the tape pack, Scotch Tape.
Surprisingly, no pedorape here yet.
Just unconscionable soul crushing words that make even a you tried meme look like your deadbeat missing father acknowledging you with a discarded Jim Bean bottle.

Oh and her mother died because she left a power junction open.
For a point, an open junction means no flow of electricity.
So unless this thing has a junction on the return side WTF then she basically dies to stabbing herself 27 times in the back.
Yeah, Somber, pls fix nao.
Also you misspelled one.
A junction is live if closed, those are also known as hot.

After all this, we find out the best of things and the worst of things.
Air Raid is not the first or best trap.
P21 claimed those both.
We now have to have a crossdressing competition between the two followed by the fuckfest to decide who is true thread trap.
Drawn by Braeburn, this weekend.

So P21 is aware he is going to die, and so is BJ.
Now retired would have been a bit nicer if it meant that they got chemically castrated, but instead we now find suicide is an issue.
Like really?
>>
>>27361732
If they're going to die, let them do it and move on.
Suiciding prisoners are to spite you by denying resources, not showing initiative.

Which brings something else.
For a condemned, unrestrained prisoner, P21 gives up remarkably easy.
That's the sort of part where we should have seen his beatdown as he does actually resist.
Instead we don't see any BLM showup and protest Stable Security brutality.
Probably because they were all at Star Bucks and got vaped.
Thank you Zebras, you have hero credits.

Now here is the fun part, P21 is totes fucked up in his hind legs, worse than a neutered puppy with existing conditions for bad hips.
BJ still saves him anyways with some help from Scotch Tape.
So for miss Tape, this is appropriate:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeqTdUYI1vs
And thus we find that BJ is a drug pusher and will end up giving P21 3 Med X in only a few minutes.
So we blame her for the later fun times when she has no help or anesthetics.

In the end we find that P21 does have a Pipbuck, but it gets wiped here sadly.
Oh wait is that supposed to be part of the plot?
Nope, its ignored shortly after for no reason since the Stable gets invaded.

Another point to consider writers, if you are having stable intrigue, don't fucking wrap it up in the same chapter with a dashing escape to the Wasteland.
Make a choice, stay in the stable or leave, don't fuck with undone plots.
Its like trying to cause cognitive dissociation in the name of generating a Tulpa, you're just talking to yourself and it makes everybody upset with you.

Also, the overmares need to stop leading from the front, they should send out their 7 deadly heads to stop the heroes/villains
You know actually, next one of you doing a stable start, do a Scott Pilgrim versus the 7 evil exboyfriends inspired fight through the stable to unlock the door.
It will at least be entertaining.
Even more so if you use ti to showacase your unicorn with more than telekinesis, like triple keytaur and bass playing
>>
>>27358572
Hopefully something like this.
>>
>>27361936
>you will never be a changeling
>you will never be able to transform into the qt mare

So what's the deal with changelings and their sex? Is Grit a male changeling because his usual form is a unicorn stallion? Does his true changeling form have a penis? I'm not trying to make this fetish bait, I'm genuinely curious of people's opinions on this matter.
>>
>>27361821
So after all this, it turns out that the overmare received a signal to open the stable door, and that is what is going on.
A signal sent by CCCCCUUUUUUNNNNTTTT

So anyways, all that does really as the story goes is explain why the door is open.
Quite honestly, it would be nice for a few more stable door opening fics to use this signal, as both a meta tie in to the greater FOE verse, and as a means of saying why the door is operable suddenly.

So while all that goes down, Blackjack gets to find the all too late signal that shit is about to hit the fan, and P21's analbag of storage tottaly not a rip off of Deadpool and his lube.
So BJ also leaves P21 alone to get into the armory.
Right the biological reproduction machine slated for death should be given access to all the guns.
And you thought Skynet was bad, now think of him after you killed off his husbando and gave him all the guns.

So we get to find out that its fucking raiders by the death of a unicorn breeder, but lets focus on the breeder.
He is a calm passionate fucker that has no qualms sitting and waiting to resume the rutt.
Completely unlike the neuroticism of P21.
In fact he even thinks he is getting to bang Blackjack at first.
How does that work with the knowledge they're just going to be executed soon enough?
Somber, seriously, this makes no sense and is more whiplash than the time I got Tboned.

SO after all this we get some of BJs first kills. Oh no, so sad.
Whelp, now that she's killed, may as well go for the high score.
She works rather quickly on that as well.
But she has shown more horror than most other stable first kills, which is pretty sad really.

>beam rifle
oh god, the special snowflaking is beginning, quickly, somebody break out the original memes and save me!

So BJ's mom is a good shot, pretty nice to save her daughter.
Would bang/10

After all this we get some brief more moments of fighting and then Deus just goops a pony with his cannons.
Oh and CCCCUUUNNTT
>>
File: 1463091331607.jpg (112 KB, 713x900) Image search: [Google]
1463091331607.jpg
112 KB, 713x900
>>27362116
In the end of this suddenly it got worse, we find that the raiders are just decoys meant to die, somebody called the reapers, and this crappy hexcode of a program is the mcguffin.
Yay we have a story plot, everybody clap your hands together and then bash your heads through a window pane for thinking this was fun.

Now onto my questions:
What is a flank spank?
Cause Blackjack sure as hell is no pegasus.

If they're aware the males are ponies and equals, then why are they abused so much?
If anything, that seems like it would shred hings even more.
U21 is alive, P21s apparent lover.
How did he get out of the stable?
Does this mean chemical retirement is a kick out the stable moment?
But then the door was only fixed and opened a little bit ago, so how did he get out before the signal was sent and the door fixed?
Clearly the Balckjacks coming out the TARDIS is more realistic than people think.
>>
File: wfMOPtg.png (152 KB, 2686x2905) Image search: [Google]
wfMOPtg.png
152 KB, 2686x2905
Honestly having more fun playing table top games at these things.

I'll take a picture for later.
>>
File: 1458730044730-1.png (1 MB, 2000x1500) Image search: [Google]
1458730044730-1.png
1 MB, 2000x1500
Is everyone all tuckered out from the cuddling?
>>
>>27352804
The english is terribad in it, but it has charm if you can look past it imo.
>>
File: 1456467154822.jpg (174 KB, 1060x587) Image search: [Google]
1456467154822.jpg
174 KB, 1060x587
Sleepy bump
>>
>https://derpibooru.org/1154582

>In a story to be published, Icepick and Littlepip get into some non-canonical lewd ’adventures’. Needless to say they get close… And have a fascination with attracting stallions. And mares.

>(Icepick is pretty big as far as mares go, and Littlepip is pretty small. So, size difference.)

I'll just leave this here.
>>
File: bestpiphorse.png (17 KB, 821x462) Image search: [Google]
bestpiphorse.png
17 KB, 821x462
A few questions I'm asking pretty late at night thanks to my crippling insomnia and depression and will hopefully receive some answers to when I wake up late in the morning.

How much lewdness are you willing to tolerate in your stories? Not dumb PH-tier fetish bait, just normal lewdness. I'm mostly asking those who are not prolific fetish shitposters since I'd imagine most of them would be less stingy about it, even if they recognize lewdness can be taken too far. Would you be willing to enjoy lewdness more in a serious story, or a story that doesn't really take itself so seriously?

Next has to be timelines. Is there any specific period/era you'd wish were chosen and wrote about? There's of course Pre-war, Pre-Pip, During Pip, and Post-Pip, with a majority of the stories taking place between the middle two. Additionally, functionally a story that takes place 110 years Post-War is really not that different than a story that takes place 190 years. The earlier story may have similar or even more advance societies than the 190 one even though a significant amount of time passed and theoretically things should have been changing as the wasteland repopulated.

Personally I was thinking of doing a story that would fit into the middle technically, but still feel radically different than most stories. One that takes place only 10 years after the bombs drop and focus on the few isolated non-stable survivors, most being Ghouls but a few being lucky and still retaining their normal form. None of the Stables would have been opened by noe, so it would be a much more desolate setting.

The whole Ghoul Raycism thing has always just sort of been a background theme in both Fallout and even more so in FoE. I'd like a story that really put it up to the forefront. Some of the scattered 'pure' survivors having to deal with the Ghoul Question. May be a few starting to have a superiority conflict as they are the only ones who can carry on the race, and thus superior to the sterile ghouls
>>
>>27363610
It was highly intense cuddling with distressed wasteland horses who needed comforting.
>>
>>27364682
You should ONLY include sexuality into the story if it fits the tone.

There is nothing wrong with sex inherently, in a world with ultraviolence and grimdark everywhere, sex is no less or no more adult than sex. However inserting it into everywhere for no reason totally fucks your tone and your pacing up. Basically, sex should only be in it if it fits the tone and the story and ontop of that it should never be pornographic sex, it should be implied and done tastefully.

Thats not just a FoE thing, if you want to consider yourself and author and you have an actual full frontal sex scene in your random story, you're a shit author.
>>
Anon who started listening to someone reading Fo:E as a joke here
So i've done significantly more than expected and, much to my own dismay I'm ENJOYING it
I've seen things like Project Horizons and the Radio Play in my recommended tab on youtube
I'm currently starting on chapter 45 (followed by the epilogue and afterward). Where do I go from here? The radio play seems like a good choice to do next when this is done
My god what am I doing. I've stared into the abyss. And it has stared back
>>
>>27365404
also are there any images of Calamity with a bunch of guns in his saddle bag and one in his mouth asking "what?" If not there needs to be. I need a new wallpaper
>>
>>27365404
Anon, Project Horizons is one of the worst written things in this fanbase, its popularity consists mostly of autists who mistake bad story and writing decisions for "AwwW DuDe Awesome!"

My suggestion to you upon finishing the story is to avoid PH like the fucking plague, its way longer than it has any right being and every chapter consistently gets worse until the story slowly becomes a parody of its own awfulness.

Instead have a poke around here at the quality sidefics writers are working on, see which settings interest you and start reading those.

There are a LOT of good stories and good writers in this fandom, please don't fuck up your taste for this strange little sub-community because you listened to Somber's retarded fans and read his literary abortion.
>>
>>27365434
How do you feel about the Radio Play? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfdS190xBYc
>>
>>27365454
The radio play is good, but It takes like a two months per episode last time I checked so, If you wanna be waiting for 11 years to listen to the whole thing, its more a novelty at this point.
>>
File: large.png (416 KB, 1280x721) Image search: [Google]
large.png
416 KB, 1280x721
>>27365462
I'll listen to whats out there i suppose
>>
>>27365479
I'll shoot you a few of the thread's darlings and a tiny description of each.

>Murky Number Seven
A story about a slave living and planning an escape from Fillydelphia after being inspired by littlepip. Its infamous for being one of the most horribly depressing stories ever but its also probably the best fic in the fanbase.

>Wasteland Economics
Story about a recluse shopowner mare who through a conundrum ends up having to do work unwillingly for a Vaas esc Raider warlord. The worldbuilding and character interaction is strong as fuck, its definitely one of the best.

>Outlaw.
Haven't read this myself but I've heard good things, its a story about an Enclave stallion who becomes a fugitive and goes on the run, like I said, have yet to read this myself but its also one of the thread's goto favorites.

>Frozen Skies
Another story about the Enclave but is less an individual character story and more the exploits of an Enclave Strike Team, its author was in the military so he has a wonderful eye for authenticity, definitely worth a try if you're a /k/fag.

What else am I missing? I'll have a look around at the other threads usual favorites and extend upon this for you.
>>
>>27365500
thanks, i'm sure other anons will pop up when it becomes a better time of day and give me more info, it IS only 7am in the east coast
>>
>>27365505
I have no idea what audio content there is.
Do you want fics or audio?
>>
>>27365649
Doing audio right now, will move onto written after
>>
>>27364682
The lewd can go quite high without issue to me.
The sex is a different issue, particularly if its just another notch in the bed post deal.
If its being sexed for the sake of some Bondesque thing of girl of the novel, its kind of shit tier.
If its being sexed as some part of the character loving one night stands like the impure Glimmerligh then it can be done well if its not being described as porn.

So I'd say part of it is the presentation, and then part of the reason, with more given to the reason in multi chapter fics, and more to presentation in one offs.

I like writing Postpip and indescribable time within Filly existing and before Pip shows up.

The thing with the ghoul racism is how do you present it?
Rehash the US civil rights movement?
>>
So how would Murky Number 7 change if Atom Smasher replaced Murky?

Both are flightless pegasi.
Both are thieves with a love for explosives.

The difference I see is that while Atom would shudder and fail under the bite of the whip, her snark would do a number on Shackles.
Not in the sense that he gets ever more violent, but in that she would be attacking his core beliefs with that yap of hers.
Shackles seems to lack the ability to conceptualize anything being his mistake, to take responsibility, nor to hear criticism of what he is doing.

Also because I have this idea that Atom is the enlightened lazy, the sort that are incredibly fit because it takes less energy to be lazy if fit than obese, or to design jet carts to stop having to haul one back and forth for Wicked Slit.
>>
>>27365669
Annd Done.
So, not including the logical falcies that can be reasoned with, my biggest one is whats stopping little pip from leaving the tower? Its a chair and a helmet that puts you into a coma. Why would the pegasus project make it so the pony in the chair has no option but to do that for the rest of their life. Why is it she cannot see her friends ever again, or for that matter take a break and go outside for like, an hour a day. I understand she has to sit in the tower to do the job, and the job is a 24/7 one to control everything like that. But a hour of uncontrolled weather would not end the world would it? Or for that matter, why not make it so they can switch control between celestia and her at the flip of a switch. Not exactly complicated circuitry for those who have the tech to create laser weapons. Its implied that homage and her are spending time together, which sounds to me like they CAN take off the helmet and exit the coma. Again, sounds like things the pegasus would have considered so that the pony in the chair didnt have to live in that chair till they die. If it really got THAT desperate, i dont imagine, with them being heros and all that, it would be too hard to have them move the broadcaster from tenpony to the SPP tower pips in. I have to be looking too far into this with too much real life logic or am missing a detail
>>
>>27365906
She can pop in and out of the SPP
Dash's thing was the whole sacrifice for the greater good, ultimate enforced loyalty.
Celestia did it entirely wrong and got uploaded into the one machine that ends badly by not having any way out, about, or to do anything.
Essentially, you uploading right now into your computer, but it only has a power cord, no wifi or anything else.

The ending was a botch job, in which Khat basically just said fuck it all, over. Fin. Story done.
Then realized later that it was stupid and wrote the epilogue, which tried to make things nicer but failed really.

Also its because this and the Gardens are only intact known Crusader Maneframes.
They can't dissect this one to figure out how it works to fix it, and the Gardens are keeping Equestria alive.
Its more a glamour spell than an actual fix the issue apparently.

So there is no chance to reverse engineer and figure out what went wrong or fix the isolation Dash ordered.

As for the SPP itself, Pip feels she is the only one worthy, and as things go, it may be that Spike's breath is the only thing that can let you in.
Incidentally meaning there is a small invasion force already in the room due to him breathing on so many given the pegamare in the cave was roasted but showed up there in the SPP.

As well, its likely not wireless as a system, this is definitely the sort of thing needing direct links to the control room.
>>
File: atom_eats_fresh_2.png (579 KB, 1280x1920) Image search: [Google]
atom_eats_fresh_2.png
579 KB, 1280x1920
>>27365787
it would be a lot kinkier
>>
>>27364682
If the sex contributes to characterization or character development, and doesn't ruin pacing or tone, then it's fine. Sex scenes shouldn't happen just because you get a boner while writing, they need a reason to exist.

Pre war is stupid. People read these stories for wasteland adventures. However, it can be done right, because I and a handful of others quite enjoyed the MoA CYOA. I personally don't like post-pip, and usually prefer pre-pip or during-pip, though the latter is getting a little stale.
>>
>>27353227
>>27353308

You miss the point, good sirs. I won't argue any of those points because I'm not an artist.

The point is that it was free.
Now, if you can do a superior cover for free, then I'd love to see your masterful cover for Homelands. Until then... ::shrug.::

>>27361315
Shitposting about shitposting. Nice.

>>27365434
Oh, silly anon. You don't hesitate to label Horizons as a bad fic, but why not name some good fics? Because it doesn't matter what fic you name, someone hates it to pieces. Even Pink Eyes, and she's adorable.

>>27365906
So essentially it's not the pod, it's Littlepip's health. She's been so racked by taint and whatnot that her immune system is shot. (incidentally, she's also the first pony in the story for whom disease is ever an issue.) If she leaves, there's a good chance she'll just die. There've been a few fics and a good webcomic that address this though. Hopefully someone can link it.

>>27365500
I couldn't get through MN7 but from Outlaw was a decent read and WEcon looks promising.

>>27365388
Yes. If I could magically redo horizons I would have omited half the sex in it.
>>
>>27361936

That has huge story potential. Is there a fic for it?
>>
>>27355176

Nope. It's that I'm really bad at making the conversions to FimFic's format. The files are so big that they glitch when I try and upload them directly. There's also the depression. Like, a part of me would like to redo it completely. However, I don't want Horizons to be my only story. So I've asked a friend to finish coverting them. Unfortunately he's a bit slow as well. Hopefully soon.
>>
File: i21^cimgpsh_orig (2).png (84 KB, 537x416) Image search: [Google]
i21^cimgpsh_orig (2).png
84 KB, 537x416
>>27366531
>Because it doesn't matter what fic you name, someone hates it to pieces. Even Pink Eyes, and she's adorable.

Theres a difference between objectively bad and contrarian faggots saying they hate Murky Number Seven and Wecon and Pink Eyes.

It doesn't even matter by this point, I don't even know why you really care about this thread's opinion of you that much, I mean whos really laughing here Somber? This thread represents maybe 30% of all of FoE, the people who have enough sense to see how objectively bad PH is are in the minority.

You garnered an enormous fanbase that cares enough about you to PAY you money every month, why do you actually give a shit about us when we're the ones who lose?
>>
>>27366531
Don't take this the wrong way, but do you have any intentions of writing a FoE story that isn't in PH's canon?
>>
File: tumblr_o4k12eZVFE1u7hb7bo1_1280.jpg (191 KB, 1280x966) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o4k12eZVFE1u7hb7bo1_1280.jpg
191 KB, 1280x966
>>27365388
>>27365684
>>27366414
I should've expected the response on sex honestly. Those are good rules of thumb though and should probably be remembered by a certain few authors who tend to struggle with it.

Pre-war is usually pretty boring, the only fun I think can be done in it that isn't a one-shot would probably be the crazy Ministries. I'm very tired of 'during Pip' since it seems like most of the time people are trying to 'out do' Pip with their character's achievement, or their achievements end up pale in comparison to Pip's.

Post-pip could probably be done well, but the only Post-pip story I really like is Black and White. I tried to write a Post-pip story before, but as I was planning it out I realized the story felt absolutely nothing like FoE. This is a problem most of them probably will encounter. The Epilogue created a really boring world that is much less interesting to play around in unless you break it (sans the whole 'Homage is a Machiavellian mastermind' theory an anon came up with). I guess you could do a Van Buren rip-off instead of a New Vegas rip-off if you wanted to get a semi-unique story.

As for Ghoul Racism, I was thinking of doing both an 'I Am Legend' style and also a look into a twisted form of 'salvation'. A group of survivors convincing Ghouls to work for and serve them as they are superior to them, and of course are more important than them as they are the only hope for 'continued survival'.

>>27366589
>>27366667
Stop throwing gasoline on the trashfire anon. Let it burn itself out.
>>
File: 1462533960985.jpg (34 KB, 500x395) Image search: [Google]
1462533960985.jpg
34 KB, 500x395
>>27366685
I don't mean to shit on your parade but isn't the designation "during pip" and "Pre-Pip" pretty arbitrary. So you're saying if you had a story exactly the same, but one was pre pip and one was during pip, the pre-pip one is inherently better in some way?

I think what we should be doing is stopping authors from shoehorning Pip into their story at all, write your own goddamn story, don't coattail on pip, you really don't have to do that.
>>
>>27366589
Two reasons. One: I know many of you are good and decent people that I like to talk with. I met Bris at B.A.B.S. and a few others. I want this fandom to persist because people get enjoyment out of it. I don't want my story and others to end up as dusty links that no one ever reads anymore. And even if Horizons isn't read, I want others to have the chance to write.

Two: I need to write something. It's one of the few things that just keeps me from checking out from life entirely. So I may as well write something that people enjoy.

Third (If I'm being honest), I need more patreons and I am hoping to bring readers to some original works I'm kicking around, hoping to actually pay my bill with writing.

>>27366667
I kicked around a few idea after I finished Horizons. One was just to not write FoE anymore. Move on, like Kkat did. Some people even encouraged me to do so. I floated ideas around and the one that people seemed most interested in was me writing a sequel with Scotch Tape.

Here's one I wrote after Fo4 came out.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Dt9s__rrGAqKx2jz46exUQkutlB_IkUsZ5vET1qEg3c/edit?usp=sharing

I didn't write it because I had started homelands and wanted to let others write 'the Fo4 fic.'
>>
>>27366738
What's the point of having a During-Pip story then? If it's far away from the effective range of the Gardens, any of the factions in the story, and any of the events of the main story, then what is the damn point of saying 'oh lele it's taking place right when Littlepip is going around murdering pones'. Then it's really just a Pre-pip that masquerades as a During-Pip story.

MN7 is really the only During-Pip story I liked since it directly deals with one of the factions/locations that was glossed over during Pip's rollercoaster ride through the wasteland. Though honestly, it's probably the only location in the entire story that would be worth fleshing out, so again most 'proper' During-Pip stories are probably going to have to fall into riding Pip's coattails or doing an e-peen contest where they make their character more important than Pip.
>>
>>27366667

Ones I didn't write included a story about a foal breaking into a hotel a la Sierra Madre, but there's a fic already written in that vein. another was about a young stallion that opens the first restaraunt in the wasteland in 200 years and all the struggles he goes through to keep it open while his own settlement leaders try to undermine and destroy him. Another one about a mute batpony that meets a half feral old ghoul music teacher, who teaches her about the beauty of sound.

Plenty of others.
>>
File: 1463169581849.png (54 KB, 255x199) Image search: [Google]
1463169581849.png
54 KB, 255x199
>>27366848
Yeah but your problem is more dick-measuring with pip than it is actually the designation of its name. I want to point out I do agree with you, I'm firmly in the Checkov's Gun camp of literature, don't fucking incorporate something unless you're going to do something with it so I agree in the sense that is pointless to just say "le pip is around' in your story because its insignificant.

My point is that a great deal of good stories that have a timeline running concurrently to Pip can manage to do it well, GoE activating is a pretty big fucking deal, same with SPP and the Enclave invasion, authors can use these things as plot devices of their own to help their story and thats not a fault to them is it?
>>
File: 20160514_140133.jpg (4 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160514_140133.jpg
4 MB, 3264x1836
>>27366813
Since you're here Somber, could you go over the review of chapter 1 now?
I know I said I'd do it earlier but its here now.
>>
File: 403.jpg (15 KB, 377x228) Image search: [Google]
403.jpg
15 KB, 377x228
>>27366891
Are there even any such stories that do what you mentioned though? Heroes kind of had the GoE activate, acknowledge it, and then sort of just move on without really paying much attention to it. MN7 does not count since I've already outlined it as the exception to my rule of thumb. I can't really recall many stories that have such elements and aren't trash, or just gloss over it once again making it's inclusion utterly pointless.

Or are you in actuality defending the idea of a hypothetical story that does such things?
>>
The big issue with Pip is it all being done in 2 months.
Most fics want time to pass for actions, but then you lose out if it takes anything reasonable.
Again
>60 miles
>>
File: Bird_Puppet.png (409 KB, 906x656) Image search: [Google]
Bird_Puppet.png
409 KB, 906x656
>>27366968
I'm not sure really, I am very tired and I guess my default is "All stories are concurrent to pip." so just forgive my last post as bad phrasing.

I do however believe that a story CAN use these things as good plot devices though, specifically the enclave invasion because the Enclave are a very interesting faction that deserve expansion and the event itself is a good shakeup if you need such a thing, especially in faction dynamics.

I also may already be writing a story thats semi concurrent to pip and I am defending my choice to do as such.
>>
File: 1454194842979.jpg (809 KB, 1873x1856) Image search: [Google]
1454194842979.jpg
809 KB, 1873x1856
Sexy Bandit bump
>>
File: large.png (789 KB, 863x1024) Image search: [Google]
large.png
789 KB, 863x1024
>>27367748
did someone say sexy bandit
>>
I didn't know ponies had... feet?
>>
>>27366968
The GoE did not fire in Heroes, but the day of sunshine and rainbows did happen. They are two different events, the day of sunshine and rainbows just cleared the clouds, GoE would clear all the radiation. GoE fires sometime during the year after FoE ends, and Heroes is not there, and probably wont be.

Not that it matters as where Heroes takes place is outside the GoE effect.
>>
>>27367793
Why does she have cock spurs?
Is she advertising a strap on?
>>
>>27368355
The comic sans pains me.
>>
>>27362156

Flank spank is a quick fuck with somepony else that's also up for a quick fuck. "Screwing around" would be the equivalent. Sex is one of the big rewards for mares bored out of their skulls.

The males are ponies, but they are NOT equal. They're one step above lifestock. They used to be equal, but then the incident happened and now they've been reduced to sexualized objects. Something happened to P-21 that convinced him to do whatever he could to leave 99, which made him use Duct Tape to learn the skills he needed to escape.

U21 is alive, not his lover (that was a different pony), and did get out for a special reason. The Overmare wanted outside help to put down Rivet's little rebellion before it started. Didn't work so well for her, but that's what happens in effective monarchies.

No. When you are retired, you're euthanized and recycled. Yes, everypony in 99 is technically a cannibal. And essentially, the Overmare got a signal from outside the stable that she thought was stabletec. She sent out U-21 to find the source. Deus's employer made a deal to the Overmare: EC-1101 for putting down Rivets. Unfortunately, Deus wasn't having any of it. He has issues with mares.
>>
>>27369189
Dude, spoilers.

Also how is it cannibalism?
Its not cannibalism when I eat today.
Its only the expressed characteristic of flesh, living sapient flesh, that is the issue.

I'm sure as hell not a cannibal when I swallow.

Anyways Cuntman seems like his codpeice is too small.
Or he's what happened when somebody made the waifu net sapient and fused it with a pony to get more waifus.
>>
>>27366900
Wait
Where does nymph live?
That's a deciduous tree next to a coniferous.
That makes no sense.
>>
>>27369465
>That's a deciduous tree next to a coniferous.
>That makes no sense.
Never been to the northern US have you, guy.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 140

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.