[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This timeline was pure sex. >dat shadowing >dat laid
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 57
File: nightmare moon wins.png (618 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
nightmare moon wins.png
618 KB, 1280x720
This timeline was pure sex.

>dat shadowing
>dat laid back posture
>dat Rarity and Butch Dash
>dat total rape of the timberwolves while casually strolling

This is the best Nightmare Moon portrayal the show has done.
>>
>>25587258
I actually like how 'friendly' she was if you wanna call it that.
>>
>>25587290
she seemed the least evil of the entire bunch, with her citizens being somewhat well off and such
>>
>>25587258
Does this prove that NMM could beat Celestia in a fight?
>>
>>25587290
More laid-back than friendly. She's not needlessly vindictive. Definitely 'lawful evil'.
>>
>>25587351
>she seemed the least evil of the entire bunch
And that's the scariest part. The insinuation that Nightmare Moon isn't actually a monster, and just had different ideas about how things should be run. Ideas she was willing to pursue with force.
>>
>Rainbow not being recolored to more nightly-themed hues to show that eternal night across a thousand moons holds influence
>>
>>25587369
Isn't Sombra also lawful evil? Somebodys supporting him besides his slave army, right?
>>
>>25587258
>rarity works personally under the princess instead of waiting what is assumed to be years to open a boutique in canterlot
>rainbow dash works as a royal guard instead of a show off club of fliers
>kept up ancient castle, which really in of itself is artwork, thus preserves history
Nightmare Moon seems pretty based
Meanwhile in the flim flam time line
>its modern day America
not sure about the last timeline, that one was pretty fucked up
>trixie timeline?
>>
File: 1395203540881.gif (112 KB, 142x142) Image search: [Google]
1395203540881.gif
112 KB, 142x142
>in NMM timeline, Discord never comes back because she throws the statue into a volcano.
>In NMM timeline, Tirek never attacks because she executes everyone in Tartarus.
>in NMM timeline, Chrysalis never attacks because there's no royal wedding.
>there's no royal wedding because Cadence was never adopted
>Cadence was never adopted because NMM ate all the orphans

10/10 would accept as immortal ruler.
>>
>>25587417
I'd say it's more true evil. Sombra just wanted to enslave everyone and that was pretty much it. At least Nightmare Moon gave freedoms and liberties to her people. At least, I'm assuming. Tourists sort of implied that people visited regularly and in a way that was similar to Canterlot.

The worst we saw of her was using Spike as a bribe and a threat of dungeon. Never once stated she was going to send them to it, that was more of her guards that seemed more vocal.

In fact she was pretty civil with Twilight the entire time, I'd say S1 was more of revenge and anger but once that passed she was pretty chill.

Well apart from the whole sun being gone but if you're on /mlp/ you probabily hate the sun just as much.
>>
NMM is the Hitler we would cuddlefuck and obey
>>
>>25587258
She just wanted to be appreciated.
>>
>1000 years pass
>Nightmare Star emerges
>Elements used to subdue her
>Literally role reversal Equestria
>Over time Nightmare gives up her wicked ways
>Turns into Luna
>Everything is how it should be but Luna owns the reins
>>
>Be NMM writefag
>Write NMM in a universe where she won.
>Season 5 final
>NMM and the universe matches almost perfectly.

Today could have been terrible. They could have killed her character and destroyed headcanons. Instead, it validates almost everything.
>>
>>25587516
You're right. I looked into it and he's basically just like Chrysalis, but wants shadow ponies to rule the land instead of changelings. Seeing as those creatures dont exactly have "societies" as such, he can't be lawful evil
>>
>>25587258
Easily the best. She just need the screen time.

>>25587290
>>25587351
>>25587369
>>25587382
All of this. NMM is a fucking hard ass, but seems to genuinely care about her people and country.
>things grew, implying food is fine
>tourists, people actually want to visit her/the castle suggesting she's liked as a ruler

She maintains a firm hand on the land, probably a little too firm, but if you can deal with the eternal night and probably a few shitty laws, you'd be just fine. If not better off in some ways, and obviously worse off in some.

Plus, holy fuck is she sexy.

>>25587362
Yeah, I think it was already canon that Celestia tried, failed, and had to resort to using the elements.
>>
>>25587762
Celestia tried, but was rekt so she needed the elements, once she beat her with the elements she sent her to the moon
it was in the episode witht he plunder seeds when twilight drunk the cum
>>
>>25587501
>kept up ancient castle, which really in of itself is artwork, thus preserves history
You know, back when "twilight is getting a castle" was still a rumor, I always figured she'd get the one in the Everfree. They seemed to be building up to it with all the visits they had in that season.
>>
>>25587865
Yeah that's what I thought too. Would have preferred that.
>>
>>25587865
Maybe they will get a Nyx-esque character to redeem NMM and give her that castle.
>>
>>25587865
and then Nope, fuck your history, fuck your canon, hes a motherfucking crystal castle right in the middle of a small town to block off the light in the evening and reflect lights causing a magnifying glass effect in the morning
good job twilight, you ruined ponyville
>>
>>25587713
>NMM rules just like she did in the finale
>very strict, taking no shits, and sometimes rages
>Equestria is thriving and safe
>slightly feared, but respected and liked
>rarely, but once in a while shows a softer side (less jolly Nightmare Night episode Lunaish)

Skip to Anon entering the scene.
>he's not really afraid
>he has nicknames for her
>he goofs around
>sadly he's genuinely helpful with stuff? so she allows him to live close by and remain on call/staff of some sort
>his personalty infuriates NMM but she's drawn to how he treats her. Not like a princess.
>full tsundere

Please writefag. I'll fund it.
>>
>>25587865
That was probably the plan the writers had until someone had the brilliant idea of making the crystal castle
>>
>>25587856
Bingo. I knew I remembered it from somewhere.
>>
Celestia was pretty evil to imprison her little sister for a thousand years anyways.

NMM literally did nothing wrong and this episode proved it.
>>
>>25587885
>Nyx-esque character to redeem NMM and give her that castle.
kill youself
>>
>the realization that NMM keeps her castle doors unlocked even when its not during touring hours
>Twilight had to sneak into the royal library when she became solid snek, implying the doors are locked
>>
>>25587892
Just for you

>>25341316

Honestly read the main story. Its not all smut I swear.
>>
>>25588009
I thought you wanted the old castle restored, that's the only way I can think of them doing it.
>>
>>25587362
It was implied that the power of friendship weakened every time Starlight rewrote the timelines. Out of the dozen timelines Twilight saw, only one was NMM, and that was one of the middle ones if I remember correctly. That means Celestia beat Nightmare Moon on her own 11 different times, half of which she was significantly weakened. Nightmare probably just got the jump on her in this timeline and sent her to the moon before she could react.
>>
>>25588018
To be fair, Twi was being old skool crazy. She very well might have been able to just walk in or ask Cel.
>>
>>25588042
>Luna restores the castle of the two sisters
>Luna has he own place
>Luna and Celestia aren't sharing the same throne every day
>>
>>25587713
As a fellow NMM writefag, I say thank fuck.
>>
>>25588004
>NMM literally did nothing wrong

Aside from blotting out the sun and seizing power. Dolt.
>>
File: 1439265610574.jpg (154 KB, 748x552) Image search: [Google]
1439265610574.jpg
154 KB, 748x552
>this timeline nor any other one will ever happen because Twilight is a faggot who can't into ought/is
Goddamn it she's supposed to be the book pony
>>
>>25588066
That's never going to happen and you know it.
>>
>>25588049
Fucking this!
>>
File: 1389843368644.jpg (30 KB, 317x465) Image search: [Google]
1389843368644.jpg
30 KB, 317x465
>>25588141
I CAN DREAM ANON, I CAN DREAM!
>>
>>25588111
Nights are comfier than days and power was originally hers before her authority was usurped and she was wrongfully imprisoned.
>>
>>25587501
"Anon conquers Equestria" timeline when, and what happens?
>>
>>25588175
Lies and more lies.
>>
>>25588195
That was the one wasteland one, Anon.
>>
>>25588175
Not to mention unfairly ostracized by her subjects and marginalized by her sister.
>>
>>25588195
Sombras timeline
with more sex slaves
With a hint of Discords Clown princesses
>>
>>25588229
She was never ostracized or marginalized.

I'm starting to hate Lunafags.
>>
File: 1342934424452.jpg (40 KB, 528x441) Image search: [Google]
1342934424452.jpg
40 KB, 528x441
>>25588231
>With a hint of Discords Clown princesses
>>
>>25588285
dyewts
>>
>>25588033
How's the writing? Decent?
>>
>>25588317
I love it. Mostly because muh fetishes
The writing is a solid 7/10 there are writing mistakes every now and then but they get fixed pretty fast by all the readers
>>
>>25588340
Mind giving me some info on the story? Plot? AnonXwho? What fetishes? Any cute? Any feels? Mostly smut? Shit like that.

I read the OP "ownership of the mane6" details?
>>
>>25588049
If anything these episodes were a testament to Celestia's strength.
>>
File: 1322785259970.png (238 KB, 580x518) Image search: [Google]
1322785259970.png
238 KB, 580x518
Holy fuck so is Starlight gonna live in that one village with the other ponies and there's gonna be another mane six like with Double Diamond and she's gonna be TWILIGHT'S student???
This is SO AWESOME
>>
>>25588474
Judging by her incredible power I wouldn't doubt that she has the potential to become another Alicorn.
>>
>>25588378
AnonxMane 6 and Celestia, sex wise.

Nightmare summons Anon who acts as a human shield for the Elements of Harmony, she gives him the mane 6 as sex slaves as thanks. Plot wise is him trying to establish himself as Nightmare's "champion" while worming her way into her heart. The beginning is mooostly smut, until he's had a turn with everyone. There's definitely feels, not so much cute, unless you count Nightmare being full tsundere.
It's great, but the main story has been kill since last March. One of the writefags Escapade keeps writing stories in the universe, however.
>>
>>25588378
If I remember right there's a lot of rape, torture, and mindbreaking...

It wasn't for me, but who knows.
>>
>>25588489
>MLP season 10
>Everyone is an alicorn
>Literally
>>
>>25588568
Except Spike.

Fuck that guy.
>>
>>25588049
You just didn't pay attention to what Zecora said right? Mc fucking kill yourself.
>>
>>25588285
>S1
>Banished to the moon
>Celestia lets her sister be forgotten
>Luna is literally just a legend used to scare ponies
>A very obscure legend at that.
>Not ostracized

I dont even like Luna, but Nigga dyewts?
>>
>>25588676
no, see, spike is murdered and that drives everyone to go Amazing Alicorn 3 right before their fight with Majin Boar
>>
>>25588782
Nah.
>>
>>25588782
Now that I think about it, Spike is the Krilin of MLP.
>>
File: 1351778530949.gif (1 MB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
1351778530949.gif
1 MB, 853x480
>>25587502
I like this.
I like this a lot.

>NMM's rule is tought, but effective
>her military beats sombra and Chrysalis
>She deals with Discord
>She deals with Tirek

This shit has serious political implications.

hate+mistrust> friendship+tolerance
in question of survival
>>
>>25588864
>hate+mistrust
Hey, just like our world isn't?
>>
File: 1357266301279.jpg (48 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1357266301279.jpg
48 KB, 500x500
>>25588897
>Hidden anit-left propaganda
>>
>>25588760
She was banished for trying to take power for herself. It's not Celestia's job to remind everyone that her sister is a thing.
>>
>>25588738
The only thing worthwhile that Zecora said was a rhyming version of the butterfly effect. That doesn't change Nightmare Moon, though. Her banishment to the moon and reappearance 1000 years later were determined long before Starlight came around. No butterfly effect could have affected that. The fact that there are 11 Nightmare Moon-less timelines shows that Celestia beat her on 11 different occasions. I'll leave it to you about how she did that, but it happened. There's no two-ways about it, butterfly effect or not.
>>
>>25587290
What is Lawful Evil?

Sombra and Chrysalis are Neutral Evil.

Discord is chaotic.
>>
>>25588948
Maybe celestia found some other ponies to be elements. But they failed against other villains.
>>
>>25588945
>It's not Celestia's job to remind everyone that her sister is a thing.
Of course Celestia isn't obligated to remind them that her sister is a thing, it's not like they're related by blood or anything

I know I'M just going to totally disown and forget that my brother exists the second the opportunity presents itself.
>>
>>25588945
>It's not Celestia's job to remind everyone that her sister is a thing.
It wasn't her job as a princess; you're correct. As a sister, though, letting everyone forget who your sister was, her accomplishments and her person? Yeah, that's a complete fail letting that fall aside.

So she did her job as a princess, but failed as a sister. Better?
>>
>>25589022
>>25589028
>dat timing

>>25588945
>rekt
Go home, sunfag. Today wasn't a good day for you.
>>
>>25589028
>So she did her job as a princess, but failed as a sister.
And that's why Luna fell in the first place, isn't it? You'd think Celestia would have learned that lesson.
>>
>>25588945
I aint no expert. Yea sending her to the moon for that mighr be a little extreme but it was needed. Now letting your sister be known as a monster that eats ponies, that might be one for crossing the line.

And that's her only family, why would ya let something like that happen? Did she just assume Luna would never come back so her subjects wouldn't have to even know about her? That seems a little harsh.
>>
>>25587762
Nightmare moon just wanted to be loved. Why would she do anything bad to her subjects?
>>
>>25588972
A Lawful Evil character cares about tradition, loyalty, and order but not about freedom, dignity, or life. Easy example is a corrupt noble who slavishly follows courtly conduct and holds a belief in divine supremacy of blue bloods to the commoners while being an evil asshole.
>>
>>25589075
I'd definitely hang out with NMM. From how she looked it wasn't that bed
>>
>>25589022
>>25589028
>>25589054

All these twats.

I think Luna did a little worse. Why would telling everypony what a horrible thing Luna did make Celly a good sister anyway? You guys didn't exactly think this through too well.
>>
>>25588948
You don't understand. I am unsure if you are actually this stupid or not, the thing is, they just showed different outcomes of every scenario. It means that to save time, they just added as much possibilities they could in the little time they had to make it interesting.
Or you are going to tell me it would have been interesting to watch 11 different timelines of Sombra or any other villain with minimal differences? of course not. It was just a quick way to justify how a massive change in the past could affect the future in a more interesting way,that's all there is to it.
>>
I want to see a world where Twilight becomes the apprentice to NMM and goes on quests for her and writes letters describing the lessons she learned from cold-heartedly crushing rebellious factions.
>>
>>25589123
>Why would telling everypony what a horrible thing Luna did make Celly a good sister anyway?
So that ponies learn that in a land where friendship is magic, ignoring ponies is a bad idea. Leaders serve as examples, Celestia could have held up her failure as a cautionary tale.

In addition, presumably Luna did more than just fuck up once. She helped defeat Discord, she was likely around for Sombra and other problems. All of that got tossed by the wayside, though, when Luna was forgotten and NMM became a folk myth.

>I didn't exactly think this through too well.
FTFY
>>
>>25587258
The main question is how the fuck didn't all the timelines end like this

I mean there was no Rainboom, thus no elements of harmony. So how the fuck was NMM defeated in the other universes, did Celestia just decide to keep the elements of harmony as anal beads when she didn't see the rainbow explosion? Hell, we even saw Luna in the Discord timeline.
>>
>>25589123
Please refer to this >>25589073 as it makes a good point.

Why would you let a holiday be celebrated around your sister being a horrible pony, and thats the only thing they are allowed to remember about her. None of the good things like stopping Discord or the other numerous enemies they must of fought.
>>
>>25589138
So are you going to try and disprove my argument or not? All you've done so far is call me stupid because Zecora said something unrelated to the point and make sure to tell me what happened in the show doesn't matter because it happened in the show. It wanted to be fun. So what? That's still 11 timelines where Nightmare Moon didn't win. It doesn't matter why they did what they did, what matters is that they did it and it proves Celestia is capable enough to handle Nightmare Moon not only on her own, but in a weakened state in a friendshipless world. Now, if you're going to reply again, use a different logical fallacy. I'm tired of ad hominem.
>>
>>25589207
I still think that it was fucking stupid that she got imprisoned.
Also Celestia was a fucking cunt, because if she simply gave her the power to control the Sun and took the moon for a few years, it would have been enough to stop the fighting, but nooooo. I do admit when I started watching the show, i thought she couldn't give her power away, and thought it was kinda justified back then. But since that is not an issue, then i think it is massive bullshit.
Sure NMM isn't a fucking angel, but Celestia isn't perfect either. She is a fucking cunt.
>>
>>25589241
>The main question is how the fuck didn't all the timelines end like this
Agreed, the episode would have been better served if they focused on the NMM timeline. They could have worked some of the elements, huehue, from the other timelines into that one, and had a stronger story.
>>
>>25589159
I would pay money for this.

And by money, I mean blowjob dollars.
>>
>>25589274
Well it seems you are trolling or massively retarded.
>I wanted 11 identical scenarios, otherwise NMM is weak because I say so
>>
>Night lasting forever wouldn't kill all life
So basically what NMM was planning to do wasn't evil in the slightest way, Celestia was just being a bitch who didn't want Luna getting too much of the spotlight.
I mean come on, the castle looked cozy as fuck.
>>
>>25589299
I am confused by that. How wasn't eternal night not killing everything? Didn't the writers say that it would way back in the day.
>>
>>25589360
If one thing we have learned by now, is that writers don't give a fuck about making sense or the show at all.
Hopefully there is no hasbro damage controlling employee here to start his chilling to try and m,ake it look like it is not the case.
>>
>>25589294
Sticking with ad hominem, I see. At least you moved the goal post too. That was neat.

I never implied Nightmare Moon was weak. I stated Celestia was stronger. I never implied I wanted 11 identical scenarios. I stated out of all of them, Nightmare Moon won once, which means Celestia beat her 11 times. Don't bother replying if you're going to keep on with the same stream of nonsense you've been so far.
>>
>>25588948
I believe this BUT we really don't know if maybe Chrysalis or Tirek beat NMM first. Certainly, Celestia beat NMM in the Sombra-verse, and probably in the Flim/Flam-verse. I'm betting Discord just turned her back into Luna. The wasteland was probably Nightmare Celestia; I don't think Celestia would let a battle against Luna get to the whole where all of Equestria was destroyed.
>>
>>25589360
Magic and shit, I mean apparently tourists are a pretty common thing in NMM's castle so I'm guessing Equestria is doing pretty well.
>>
>>25589422
You don't get my point, so that's it. Have fun thinking you "won".
>>
>>25589159
>My Little Fascist
>>
File: Trixie.jpg (115 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
Trixie.jpg
115 KB, 1600x900
>>25589159
Twilight? Why not Trixie, she is more akin to Nightmare, her maic is based on tricking people normally, her world views are more akin to the princess of the night and she is Lulamoon
>>
>>25589575
Because she's a powerless pretender and NMM values only those with true merit. She'd see through Trixie in a heartbeat and delegate her to mook status.
>>
>There is an infinite number of worlds
>Infinite number of worlds means infinite number of possibilities
>That literally means Equestria is a possible universe
>Every timeline we saw in these episodes is a real universe
>There's also separate universes where each and every one of us arrive on Equestria's doorstep to help them through those hard times

God fucking damn I wish infinite world theory were true. Think of all the infinite worlds where we're chilling in Equestria with our waifus.
>>
>>25589614
And you arnt in one of them right now
>>
>>25589575
Trixie is literally the dan hibiki of mlp
>unicorn that does magic tricks
>manages to use god tier magic out but still lost
The only thing missing is trixie having great magician earth pony parents
>>
>>25589609
So she is the villain sidekick that always get beaten up both by the hero and the villain, is normally a coward and seems way too weak to do his actual job? As muchas I like Trixie, this sounds fitting.
>>
>>25587351
>>25587382
To be fair, she was the only one to actually successfully take the nation over by the time of the present. The rest were still at war.

Hell, she seems to have been in power for some time already with RD being loyal to her.
>>
>>25589650
Just knowing one of my different selves is, is enough for me.
>>
I thought she was well animated. I haven't watched the first two episodes in forever so I don't know if NMM had as many facial expressions and such five years ago, but I really liked it here.
>>
>>25589840
Her face was very expressive, and her voice acting was pretty awesome. I'd love to see more NMM.
>>
>Frequent tourist visits to the castle are implied to be a thing
>Rainbow Dash, the pone who wants to instantly fight all the bad guys, willingly works for NMM
Nightmare Moon is not only accepted by pones, but actually well liked as a leader.
>>
>>25589857
Well I personally don't want to see more NMM because I like Luna as she is now. It'd just feel bad and saddened if she went back to being NMM.
>>
>>25589898
Considering all the shit Celestia kept hidden and how she manipulated ponies on a daily basis, I wouldn't be surprised if NMM called Celestia out on her shit and started a real civil war, rather than trying to take everything over by force. Without the elements of harmony being a threat, since Celestia could not use them, she didn't need to barge in and try to destroy them like she did originally.
>>
File: 1032494.png (291 KB, 950x534) Image search: [Google]
1032494.png
291 KB, 950x534
>>25587258
Story where NMM inadvertently becomes the leader Equestria needed when?
>>
>>25590123
It's easy to poke fun at Celestia and granted I think the way she's handled things has been less than perfect. Though we've just seen too little of her doing anything to really gauge her. The most interesting thing she's done was talk about a wedding gift with Luna. Which was great! Do more of that shit, dammit.
>>
>>25589724
If you think about it, she may have made the same offer she made in S1E2, but since in this alternate timeline, RD wasn't loyal to ponyville, perhaps having no strong friends there, she took the offer to be the head of her Shadowbolt squad.
>>
File: 123432141243212.jpg (167 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
123432141243212.jpg
167 KB, 1280x720
>>25590158
I like how after the first two episodes they tried to make her look more menacing with the fangs but only ended up making her cuter than the original design.
>>
>>25590197
Well I mean she legit manipulates people as part of a grand plan. She did it with Twilight, and she not only kept the identity of her sister hidden for centuries, she also defamed her NMM for with Nightmare Night so as to make ponies fear her return.

Celestia had a full blown propaganda movement against her sister to prevent ponies from siding with her should the time come.
>>
People are wanking over the tourism thing but even North Korea has tourists. It doesn't really equate to the kingdom being prosperous or comfortable.
>>
>>25590265
Well out of all the futures it's also the only one that isn't engulfed in war or chaos (Or total genocide like the last one). Also the fact that foliage and plant life are somehow able to grow implies she actually cared enough for her subjects to find a way to fix that.

So that means she's one of the few villains who if they won, things wouldn't have been that that bad. I mean, the trains will still come on time, you might just thrown into a dungeon if you insult her fangs.
>>
>>25590265
this desu senpai
>>
>>25590265
If it was going all Best Korea on us, then things would have been a lot more regulated. Twilight didn't start getting threatened until NMM demanded information that could have legit threatened her rule. Until that point, she was just being told to come back later for tours.

No armed guards watching her or overbearing presence. Hell she was freely allowed to enter the castle in the first place without resistance. NMM seemed to have a very open door policy. Would not be surprised if she was willing to listen to peasants who needed her help in emergencies.

NMM was politely listening from her throne as well. Had Twi not spilt the beans about time travel, I could imagine NMM would have been more interested in her being an Alicorn and tried to treat her as a guest to see where she came from.
>>
>>25590325
It's more of an arrogance thing. She probably lets whoever into the castle because what are they gonna do? Assassinate her? She'd probably know their intentions before they even walked in. With her sister gone, who can touch her?
>>
>>25588499
>>25588547
Not what I was looking for, but I'm def intrigued. Especially by tsundere NMM. That shits great.
I'll give it a shot.

>until he has a turn with everyone
Then what? All about tsundere NMM?

>>25589075
Cause she still lost it/is kinda possessed...not really sure how then lore works here especially since it's mostly headcanon.
If anyone defied her or broke a law, I'm sure she doesn't go easy on them. For the greater good, of course.
>>
>>25590316
>insulting her fangs
No, they made her cuter. Praise the night.
>>25590325
THAT would have been a hell of an episode
>>
Reminder that this was the last appearance of NMM and you will NEVER see her again.
>>
>>25590362
>They made her cuter
Of course. That's why they must be imprisoned. No pony with such shit taste can exist in HER kingdom.
>>
>>25590407
>implying Luna isn't a Meguca
>implying NMM isn't her Meguca form
Nigga please, shit's gonna get real once ponies start making wishes.
>>
>>25590362
>NMM, realizing that Twilight could destroy her future, tries to show her how life has improved.
>Twilight admits that the kingdom does seem to be running smoothly, and that NMM was able to best many of the threats to Equestria on her own.
>But she also knows that NMM's rule is a cold one, and while her nation is safe, many citizens seem unhappy or lacking in compassion.
>"What else do they need? I keep them safe. I feed them. I give them leadership. In return, I have their loyalty."

>"You knew my sister, correct? From that other timeline? What has she done to truly keep her kingdom safe?"

>"And I mean done on her OWN?"
>Twilight wants to speak, but she realizes that, on every occasion Celestia attempted to stop a threat, she failed without Twilight.
>"That's what I thought. She is WEAK, relying on lies and deception to have ponies worshiping at her hooves."

>"But when her people needed her? When -I- needed her? She FAILED."

>"Now go to my kingdom. Ask any citizen if -I- ever failed to protect them."

>"The answer will be the same every time."
>>
>>25590527
Yet even with all her citizens she still feels alone without her sister.
>>
>>25590527
10/10 would bend the knee
>>
>>25590527
You know, my idological classical liberalism is having a hard time overcoming my pragmatic bent here. NMM may be a. . . well not a benevolent despot, but one worth keeping in power.
>>
>>25590527
You better write more.

>>25590575
>>25590645
>Twilight gets stuck and teaches her to lighten up. FUND IT.

Alternatively, Anon gets thrown into the mix. Antics and such warming her up.
>>
>>25590575
>She only imprisoned her Sister for 100 years, not 1000
>She only wishes to build Equestria into a strong nation under her guidance, and then show the fruits of her labor to Celestia to hopefully convince her to admit she was wrong.
>>
>>25590527
>"Well she beat you, banished Sombra, banished Tirek, banished he Sirens, and stepped back to let ponies like me and my friends learn how to defend ourselves."
>"The Equestria I'm from doesn't need a god to save it because its god taught it how to save itself."
>>
>>25590359
Brief overview:
>Anon gets shat out of a portal while watching pone
>Accidentally assists NMM in beating the mane6, gets gifted them as a reward
>tries to toe the line as decent human being / slave owner
>Fluttershy goes full willing submissive
>Pinkie Pie basically just adds sex to her repertoire of ways to have fun, treats slavery like a long game of Simon Says
>Rarity takes all the abuse and is the exhibitionist/piss fetish
>AJ gets mindbroken and is more or less unwilling submissive
>RD is put in pegasus-chastity and rewarded for obeying anon
>Twilight goes knight templar and worships Celestia
>Anon attempts to break Celestia by forcing her to choose who to punish, I don't remember where that led
>NMM pops in here and there to "help", like castrating guards who try to rape anon's slaves or fucking with his dreams to help break Celestia
>special guest appearance by Gilda, the griffon who NMM almost kills in a fit of rage and despair while she's torturing the catbird as a bonding exercise with Anon
>Also Octavia, the maid Anon refuses to fuck pretty much out of principle, and rewards for being on the ball with taking care of the prisoners properly (see Escapade's story for an adventure from her perspective)

Story died somewhere past that, I think Anon was last seen trying to break Twilight; as vindictive as it sounds, Nameless did a really good job of portraying Anon as the "lesser of two evils". Tsun-tsun NMM is cute to read, even if it's obvious she has some serious mental issues. I fully advocate taking a read.
>>
>>25590747
man, I understand the spirit of what you're saying here, but this episode was basically all about how Twilight and her friends are the only thing stopping 12 different villains from gangbanging the future. That's not "god teaching the world to defend itself", that's "god selecting a few archangels to carry on in his stead".
>>
>>25590747
>Well she beat you
The Elements did that.

>banished Sombra, banished Tirek, banished he Sirens
Was done pre NMM.
>>
>>25590828
Not him but maybe they'll go that route? Have the mane6 teach the rest of Equestria how strong the bond of giving a shit about each other is in their world and teach them to utilize it to protect everyone?
>>
>>25590851
Not to mention that Luna actually helped fight against Sombra and Tirekt.
>>
>>25590828
that's the point anon. Celestia requires a really fucking specific set of people in order to save her land, while in NMM headcanon land, the people have been strengthened enough they don't need this ultra specific cast of saints to save their world.
>>
>>25590645
>All of those fanfics and theories about NMM being a legit better leader than Celestia were right.

Celestia might have the whole friendship thing down, but she is indeed a weak ruler when faced with a legit threat. NMM might not be the best at friendship, but she is, as far as we know, a much better at running a kingdom.

>>25590747
>"But of course she would tell you it was all her doing. Gives her a sense of authority I would assume."
>"It was the two of us who bested Tirek and Sombra. She would have had no chance without my power. Yet of course she basked in the glory of "HER" victories, until OUR rule became HER rule."
>"And the Sirens? It was her student who did the dirty work for her."
>"Just like she made you do her dirty work for every threat afterwards, no doubt."
>"History is written by the victors, Twilight. Remember that."

>>25590711
>>25590692
>Twilight slowly manages to prove that NMM still loves her sister with this info, but her bitterness makes it difficult to forgive.
>"You have me considering your offer, Twilight. A future with my sister... The two of us happy... I would not mind that."
>"But."
>"Tell me Twilight, who truly rules that kingdom?"
>"Am I still the lesser of the two? Am I destined for that fate to repeat once more?"
>"Speak honestly."
>>
>>25587657
>no Elements as both are wicked and the bearers die by next 1000 years
>Endless cycle of banishment for 1000 years of time
>1000 year orbit of being tidally locked
>>
>>25590902
Some other anon said that when NMM got power she threw Discord's statue into a volcano and executed everything in Tartarus, and that only leaves the Changelings.
>>
>>25590851
>The Elements did that.
OK, then the mane 6 never beat a villain either. The Elements did that.
>But they are the Elements. How could they use them otherwise?
Then how did Celestia use them?
>>
>>25590964
NMM Equestria isn't lovey and huggy enough for them. It's no longer an environment they're suited for, so their threat is negligible.
>>
>>25590981
>OK, then the mane 6 never beat a villain either.
I believe Sombra would like to have a word with you.
>>
>>25590981
>OK, then the mane 6 never beat a villain either. The Elements did that.
Now you're catching on.

Celestia and NMM fought, Celestia lost the fight but was able to win the war by using the Elements.

The M6 are roughly comparible in that when they stand up and try to fight on their own they lose, so they resort to the Elements.

If you give someone an I Win button and they win alot, it doesn't mean they're a good player.
>>
>>25590905
>Just then, Anon burst in through a window.
>He was wearing golden armor with a sun painted on the breastplate.
>"And now you, the victor of your bout, would spread lies of the loser! Well no more, Nightmare Moon. Your reign of darkness is over! Solis Vult!"
>>
>>25591041
Hasn't that been pretty much established? They've never defeated a villain without a deus ex machina.
>>
>>25591065
Yeah, but >>25590981 hasn't figured that out, so I spelled it out for him.

>>25591049
I was wondering when you'd show up. Your green is still shit.
>>
>>25591065
Well depends on what you mean by deus ex machina.

If you mean some power they had to unlock, then yes, they won nearly every battle with a maguffin. Honestly Starlight Glimmer was the first time Twilight beat someone with REAL friendship and just talking to them.

I hope that continues. I was pleasantly surprised we had a villain that was bested in a manner that made sense for the show's theme.
>>
File: nigga wut.jpg (41 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
nigga wut.jpg
41 KB, 1024x576
>>25591090
>I was wondering when you'd show up. Your green is still shit.
Who am I being confused with this time? I assure you I haven't namefagged in a long time, so I'm probably not who you think I am unless you're talking way back.
>>
>>25591065
Until Starlight Glimmer,and that was primarily due to Twilight passing a charisma check.
>>
>>25587501
The last one is near future Europe senpai.
>>
>>25591144
Double dubs dictate that MLP predicted the ultimate result of European immigration policy.
>>
>>25590902
In NMM-land it seems that she crushed anyone that could potentially overthrow her, if the citizens were actually content then she wouldn't have even bothered with Twilight to try and make sure the elements are never used against her. So yeah basically NK. Subjugate the masses keep a small few loyal through whatever means.

>>25591041
What about what happened in the Sombra AU? NMM/Luna was not present, if the elements had been used she would have been turned back to normal and should have been fighting alongside Celestia.
Celestia must have had some other way to defeat her without using the elements.
>>
>>25591202
>In NMM-land it seems that she crushed anyone that could potentially overthrow her, if the citizens were actually content then she wouldn't have even bothered with Twilight to try and make sure the elements are never used against her. So yeah basically NK. Subjugate the masses keep a small few loyal through whatever means.
>[citation needed]
>>
>>25591177
>>25591144
double double dubs confirms Europe
>>
>>25591202
But if the citizens are content then it wouldn't be NK anon. NK is a far cry from what we saw in the episode, NMM didn't order Twilight executed or thrown in a dungeon for walking into her throne room, you know things that happen in NK.
>>
>>25591327
Don't bother, he's an asshurt sunfag. No one does asshurt like sunfags, just look at their broken general.
>>
File: [breathingintensfies].png (307 KB, 500x418) Image search: [Google]
[breathingintensfies].png
307 KB, 500x418
>This entire thread forgot about NMM's bondage fetish.
>Her sultry voice as she wrapped spike in chains

Top fucking unf.
>>
>>25591372
That is genuinely the most horrifying picture I have ever seen on this website.

Kudos.
>>
>>25590747
Technically wasn't that Starswirl who banished the sirens?
>>
>>25591327
Because she is arrogant, that's kind of a huge portion of her character and in fact if she didn't have her head up her ass she would have won the the season 1 opener. She knows she's top dog so she really doesn't have anything to fear from twilight. And I think you misheard me, its implied that at least some of the citizens are NOT content. Again like I said if the all citizens were actually content then why the hell would she fear them finding artifacts that could potentially overthrow her?
>>
>>25591504
Not that =, but I think it's just common sense to be nervous about things that could erase you from history entirely. Especially in the harsher world where the elements of harmony don't exist.
>>
>>25591504
Because any person would fear such a thing anon. Look at the past history of Equestria, has anyone having access to high level spells and items really done them any good? It's only ever caused destruction and pain, and doesn't even have the upsides cutie marks do.
>>
>>25591563
>>25591593
Except that she was the one saying she wanted to use the spell to make sure her reign lasted forever not that she feared someone using it to fuck things up. She didn't fear the time travel itself but ponies finding the elements to dethrone her.
>>
File: 1423815080511.jpg (651 KB, 2497x2497) Image search: [Google]
1423815080511.jpg
651 KB, 2497x2497
>>25590905
>>25591504
>>25591593
>"The legacy lasts only as long as their country sustains it, O' Princess of the Night. Celestia may resign herself to coach from the sidelines, but her subjects shall as one praise her and defend her name even past her time, becoming great leaders and warriors themselves to follow in her hoofsteps. Yet where will Nightmare Moon's subjects be when her 'great encompassing protection' is now gone? What warriors do you possess that have the strength to take upon your mantle, and will fight to preserve your memory? Why else do you fear the pony that has magic that could undo you?"
>>
>>25589614
I have bad news for you anon, infinite universes doesn't mean everything is possible. Just like there are infinite numbers between 1 and 2 but 3 isn't one of them
>>
>>25590787
I'm sold. Thanks for the breakdown
>>
>>25591789
There are an infinite amount of numbers between 1 and 2, but a finite number of possibilities. While the span of numbers is endless, it excludes the obvious numbers before and after 1 and 2. Universes though? Those are infinite possibilities. Anything is possible.
>>
>>25591719
Only some ponies, after all even with a perfect ruler you get leftist bs that wants to overthrow your country to give out your country to muzzies.
>>
>>25591725
>Why else do you fear the pony that has magic that could undo you?

>"I'm not sure Twilight, why are you in this predicament in the first place?"
>"The very fact you exist in my time means you have made a mistake far greater than anything I have ever done. Could it be that Celestia breeds failures?"
>"So then, what has your 'friendship' spawned? What villain have YOU created? A family member neglected? A counterpart you foiled? Who has sworn revenge against you?"
>"Who is your personal Nightmare Moon?"
>>
>>25591874
>"Oh, just some glitter pony who's playing with time just because she lost her boyfriend or something. And I think there's a dash of revenge in there too."
>>
>>25591874
>"I failed to show kindness to somepony despite Celestia's best teachings, and it came back to haunt me."
>"Tell me how my failures as an individual reflect on the ruler of a country whose reputation for the last thousand years has been one of peace and harmony."
>>
>>25590905
>"Tell me Twilight, who truly rules that kingdom?"
>"Am I still the lesser of the two? Am I destined for that fate to repeat once more?"
>"Speak honestly."

You get multiple episodes in which you dreamwalk the CMC through their respective neuroses. And a few of the Mane Six as well. And a Hallowe'en episode all to yourself just for the hell of it. Your sister gets a few lines about a wedding present.

To summarize, by any metric of dialog, screen time, and characterization, the redeemed Princess Luna ends up far outshining her sister.
>>
File: medium.png (256 KB, 494x411) Image search: [Google]
medium.png
256 KB, 494x411
>>25591933
>>25591939
>A pause.
>She bursts out laughing, probably one of her most genuine laughs since her return to power.
>"So you have effectively destroyed your world's existence because you couldn't play nice with someone."
>"To be quite honest, I find your situation quite humorous. My dear sister had a thousand years of peace once we dealt with Equestria's threats, and thus removed me when she discovered I was her final obstacle to true domination."
>"All of those generations, wiped from existence by you. Was it pride, Twilight? Did you fail to help this person because you thought yourself BETTER?"
>>
>>25592101
In terms of screentime and characterization, yeah, but so far we rarely see Luna really doing anything as a royal or being a leader. Just as before, Celestia's word seems to always trump her own.
>>
>>25592136
>"No, you dumb bitch. Why is everything pride with you? I was just a little pissed she locked me in a shed."
>"What's with your obsession with Celestia anyway?"
>"You act like you're this broken little thing, like you're the victim, when in reality you betrayed her."
>"I got high off zebra juice once and saw the past. I saw how surprised she was when you sprung this emo shit on her. I saw how she tried to reason with you, and how she refused to even fight you."
>"You're the one who had a midlife crisis and decided to turn into some darkness she-demon."
>"You're the only one in the wrong here."
>"She was a loving sister from everything I've seen, but you just couldn't accept that."
>"Forget me. Why did YOU do it, Nightmare Moon? Why did YOU betray the one person who ever really loved you? Who ever stood by you?"
>>
>>25592202
>"How quick you are to bury the fact that you caused the destruction of your own timeline."
>"Hiding your mistakes does not make you better, Twilight. My sister was well known for doing the same. Once you get off your pedestal, THEN perhaps we can discuss this like civil mares."
>"... Also, inebriated visions are not exactly the most convincing evidence. If anything I would recommend seeing a doctor. Our medical services have improved dramatically in the past few years, after all. Why don't you return once you feel better? I'll keep your dragon friend safe until then~"
>>
>>25592432
>"One of Celestia's greatest attributes was her willingness to be wrong. She told the truth even if it meant she was the loser."
>"She set an example and it's one I've tried to live by. I never denied causing the fall of my timeline. I know what I did, I know it was wrong, and I know I'll fix it in the end."
>"It's easy for you to sit there on your throne and hide from your demons, isn't it?"
>"It's so easy for you to lie to yourself and everyone else that you're really the one at fault for all your suffering."
>"You may have won your fight, but you'll never be as strong as her. Not in spirit or character. Never as a leader."
>>
>>25592432
>>25592488
>You're Anon
>And right now your ears are bleeding
>...Well not really, but listening to these ponies drone on about glitter and their sisters, or something is enough to suck a man's blood from his body.
>>
>>25592540
>"Anon go back into the concubine chamber, the girls are talking."
>>
>>25590239
Honestly, I've always assumed that it was a case of 'better to be remembered as a fake monster, than to be remembered as a real one'.

If Celestia tells everyone what Luna actually did, sets the actual history out for everyone to see, then Luna is remembered as a traitor and murderer who even tried to off her own sister because she lost control of her emotions. You think ponies are actually going to forgive Luna and welcome her back if they knew about that? Near 2,000 years later we still remember Brutus as the guy who offed his best friend Caesar for arguably good reason; you think the ponies would have forgotten Luna when they had the benefit of an unaging leader to remind them?

On the other hand, if Celestia quietly ensures the details are largely lost and allows what is known of Nightmare to be hyped to silly levels of hyperbole that Luna obviously isn't, then it's actually an easier transition coming back: Sooner or later, someone will notice Luna's not all the fairy-tale kinds of evil. Initially, yes, it will be rough - but in the long term, it's easier to dismiss thoughts of Luna being evil when you can see she clearly isn't the foal-eating, world-ending monster they'd thought she was.

It's still manipulative as fuck, but the end result is still better.
>>
File: BattleChryssi.jpg (109 KB, 380x324) Image search: [Google]
BattleChryssi.jpg
109 KB, 380x324
Anyone have a link to the finale? Can't find it anywhere
Also what was the 25577777 get? It got trashed along with the entire first half of the sticky
>>
>>25592591
77777 was a Mane 7 post
>>
>>25592555
We did see the events of her betrayal, but we never did see the events leading up to it. It could have been just Luna being bitter, or perhaps Celestia was indeed as cold as Luna thought and had let the glory get to her head.

Being ignored and under appreciated by not only your kingdom, but your sister can do things to people. It's clear Celestia still loved her, but it was also clear that this caught her by surprise. If she truly was a proper sister, she would have noticed Luna's troubles long before this occurred.

Not saying Luna was in the right, but it's likely Celestia fucked up somewhere down the line.

But you do have a point. If the first episode is any proper evidence, it's true that NMM was eventually considered a different entity rather than Luna herself. Yet at the same time, Celestia willingly allowed her kingdom to forget Luna ever existed as a good person, perhaps even ripping her from history books to ensure no one remembers her. Not sure about you, but I'd be pissed if my sister, who I had helped through some great trials and tribulations, decided to just pretend I didn't exist for a thousand years.
>>
>>25589360
>How wasn't eternal night not killing everything?
>Didn't the writers say that it would way back in the day.
I've been looking for the origin of this meme for years, and I've never found one, so I don't think it's legit.

Within the context of the show it really makes no sense that it would kill everyone either, Luna (and NMM) wanted to rule and be loved, not kill all life. She made the night eternal because before ponies shunned it and slept through it.
>>
>>25592553
>"But I'm here to kill you! Solis Vult! Solis...solis vult."
>Anon wanders around the hall for a minute, muttering to himself
>"Terribly sorry. We accidentally dropped a rock on his head when we were repairing the castle. He's never been right since."
>>
>>25589360
Writers never said shit about it, it was just edgelord memefags who couldn't stop overanalyzing shit. Again.
>>
>>25592640
Agreed with fucking up somewhere along the line. I personally take it to be a case of mistaken, accidental neglect, but that's just me.

Regarding forgetting Luna existed: Again, I assumed that Celestia felt Luna needed to start with a blank slate. Consider for a second that most of the events in that timeframe seem to have descended into legend and pageantry - Starswirl, for instance, is apparently only known by experts in history and magic; the unification of the three tribes is a jokey play put on once a year. The Crystal Empire, similarly, had been swallowed up by legend as well as Sombra.

If Celestia deliberately preserves accurate knowledge of Luna on a wide scale, then someone somewhere along the line starts asking questions that imperil the effort to quietly remove evidence of her betrayal.

Arguably that's not much better from some perspectives, but I think it makes an understandable motivation for Celestia.

>>25592699
Source is a comment from Faust, either on deviantart or twitter (I'm not sure which). Personally I always thought it made more sense, as it explained Celestia's desperate use of the elements: When the alternative is omnicide, even banishing your sister to another planetary body seems like a better option.
>>
>>25592699
Well they are basing it in the logic that since there wouldn't be a cycle of night and day, our species and all the life in our planet would perish without the cycle.
And of course, without the sun heating the surface equally during the day cycle, the planet would be also frozen completely. But obviously, that would have been too dark so they opted to soften it up by just making it not have any other effect than for aesthetics.
>>
>>25592949
Well, with magic in the equation, you can have unicorns tasked with creating artificial methods for growing crops and whatnot. The sun isn't the end-all in terms of options when you consider this is an entire nation of educated magical ponies.
>>
>>25592962
Of course that's not a problem.
But it would mean that the rest of the species in the planet are all dead then.
>>
>>25592988
Which is really only a bonus for the Nightmare Kingdom. Yaks, Griffons, and non-magical equine and elsewise all starving to death while ponies thrive in the Moon's darkness. Kind of a perfect situation for her.
>>
Moony is beautiful
>>
>>25592591

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bltn9rBoWg
>>
File: 1426037669412s.jpg (3 KB, 125x83) Image search: [Google]
1426037669412s.jpg
3 KB, 125x83
>>25593173
Thanks senpai'
>>
>>25592794
>Source is a comment from Faust
So provide it, then.
>>
>>25588285
>starting
What's it like, back there in 2011?
>>
>>25593142
10/10 would willingly enter slavery for
>>
>>25588049
>Nightmare probably just got the jump on her in this timeline and sent her to the moon before she could react.

She mentions how it was no worse than what Celestia did to her, meaning that she beat Celestia after her return of 1000 years.

They never even time traveled back far enough to where it'd affect the outcome of Celestia vs NMM 1.
>>
>>25593305

So eternal night wasn't killing all life, it was her way of ushering in an era of evil. (Although, in comparison to the alternatives, not all that evil it seems)
>>
>>25593368
Possibly. I'm trying to apply a bit of google-fu right now; a fuckton of stuff from 2012 back seems to be deleted (including the comment posted in the picture above). I distinctly remember another comment that said Nightmare's rule would have ultimately ended with no life in Equestria (no timeframe specified).

I'll cap it myself if I can locate it, but with so much missing I'm not sure I can anymore.
>>
>>25591396
agreed
>>
>>25587502
Nightmare Moon will build a big, beautiful wall to protect Equestria's border from immigrant changelings.

Nightmare Moon will make Equestria great again!
>>
>>25591396
How's that first week on 4chan going, champ?
>>
>>25593252
You mean sexual slavery, right?

It may get a little rough. And wet.
>>
>>25587258
Thanks to this episode, I will now begin to ship Nightmare Moon with Twilight.

They seemed like they'd make an interesting yet working couple.
>>
>>25589724
All the timelines take place in present. Shes been in power for a year.
>>
Hail Moon
>>
>>25593754

As if that doesn't make it all the more enticing.
>>
>>25587502
>NMM brings back lauren faust
>>
File: stallman.png (281 KB, 479x506) Image search: [Google]
stallman.png
281 KB, 479x506
>>25587258
I'd just like to interject for moment. What you're refering to as Nightmare Moon is in fact, Tantobus/Luna, or as I've recently taken to calling it, Tantobus plus Luna. Luna is not an evil queen unto

herself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning Nightmare Moon made useful by the Tantobus possession, alicorn magic and vital system components comprising a full evil queen as

defined by Hasbro

Many parallel universes have a modified version of the Nightmare Moon, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of Nightmare Moon which is widely used today is often called

Luna, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the Nightmare Moon system, developed for television by Lauren Faust.

There really is a Luna, and these people do have it, but it is just a part of the system they have. Luna is the vessel: the pony in the system that allocates the system's resources to the other parts of

the system. The vessel is an essential part of an evil queen, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete evil queen. Luna is normally seen in combination with the Tantobus

spirit: the whole system is basically Tantobus with Luna added, or Tantobus/Luna. All the so-called Nightmare Moon variants are really variants of Tantobus/Luna!
>>
File: the flank is in your mind.png (277 KB, 629x708) Image search: [Google]
the flank is in your mind.png
277 KB, 629x708
>>25594818
That is way too many fucking words for what you're trying to say.
Just call her Luna you kek.
>>
Nightmare Moon a shit. A SHIT
>>
>>25596206
More like a cute
>>
>Nightmare Moon doesn't massacre everybody or blow up the earth for shits and giggles
>"such wise ruler! much benevolence! very moon!"

NMMfags confirmed for having ridiculously low standards.
Its like saying the people of the USSR were living free and happy because they were allowed to visit Lenin's tomb and write letters of support to Great Leader and Teacher Stalin.
>>
>>25596323

Did you even watch the episode?

The castle is normally open to tourists, but not today due to redecorations. Twilight and Spike are free to waltz right in to the throne room unmolested, which makes it more free than 99% of all nations throughout history
>>
>>25596396
Lots of awful places let tourists through. Does that make them less awful? And what the hell is a dressmaker supposed to do to an intruder? Did you notice how once NMM saw Twilight, she was swarmed by armored guards? She wasn't allowed to just freely waltz around the castle.
>>
>>25596444
>And what the hell is a dressmaker supposed to do to an intruder?
Call the guards? Panic? Play it cool?
Insulting them by insinuating racism/speciesism is pretty low on the list when it comes to dealing with potential intruders.

>Did you notice how once NMM saw Twilight, she was swarmed by armored guards
Wait, you actually DIDN'T watch the episode? Because the entire exchange takes place in the throne room, NMM only chimed in when she heard Twilight mention time travel, and the guards WALK in after NMM's laugh, there's no swarming of any kind taking place.

>She wasn't allowed to just freely waltz around the castle.
She's allowed to waltz straight into the fucking throne room itself while NMM is in it, it's kind of a moot point whether she would have been allowed to waltz into the treasury or the armory, even Celestia doesn't let you do that.
>>
File: Best timeline Dio.png (382 KB, 1433x805) Image search: [Google]
Best timeline Dio.png
382 KB, 1433x805
>>25587258
Nightmare moon is the best possible future.
>>
>>25596396
Did YOU watch the episode? Nightmare Moon was blasting the timberwolves into smithereens without breaking a sweat. It is doubtful that her guards would actually do anything but get in the way if a fight broke out.

Bond villains let Bond into their inner sanctuaries to have a chat with him all the time, by your logic that makes Specter freer than 99% of all nations throughout history.

>>25596528
The throne occupied by a being so powerful she could take out anyone with a thought. Funneling Twilight straight to the throne room was the safest way to deal with her, since (if Twilight weren't exhausted from her fight with Starlight) an alicorn could presumably make mincemeat of the guards.
>>
>>25596825

When will this meme stop? Alicorns aren't inherently more powerful than any other ponies.

Quite frankly, Shining Armor's barrier kicks the crap out of Cadance's.
>>
File: 1367097925324.jpg (30 KB, 486x427) Image search: [Google]
1367097925324.jpg
30 KB, 486x427
>>25588111
>seizing power.
literally every other world-famous ruler in european/asian history, in fact, she's pretty merciful for not eviscerating her sister with her own horn and hanging the leftovers all over Canterlot.
>>
>>25591119
oh look, is le smug weeb sunfag from the HFY threads
>>
>>25594078
That makes it even more impressive. She's doing something right if she's viewed as well as she appeared to be and she's only been in power for a year, especially since she seems to still be doing the whole eternal night thing.
>>
>>25596848
>Shinign Armor's shield over a small city that only needed periodic attention was shattered by a bunch of cannon fodder bumping into it a couple of times
>Cadence's country-wide shield that needed perpetual casting kept one of the most powerful forces of evil at bay until she collapsed from exhaustion.
>>
>>25597145

The wedding preparations took several days and SA was constantly being sapped of his magical power, so it was more than "a couple of times"
>>
>>25597145
Nigga please. The Crystal empire is about as big as a city itself. Shining was also getting mentally and physically fucked over by an evil queen and her thousands of drones. Cadence couldn't hold back a shadow that wasn't even attacking the whole time. Granted that might be because she's retarded and decided not to eat that whole time or switch with her shield-making husband for some quick naps.
>>
>>25597181
Nigga please, the Crystal empire may be just a city, but it's clear that it is a pretty big metropoli, canterlot is a very small city sitting at the side of a mountain, it cannot even hold that much infrastructure let alone all the open fields (most likely crops) that we can actually see there.
>switch with her shield-making husband for some quick naps.
you mean the shield-making husband that can do magic because he wasn't cursed or anything?
>>25597163
he was being sapped out of magic, yes, but we see that we he recasts the shield he does it with all the magic he needs at least for that.
>>
>>25597270
He was attacked by Sombra AFTER Twilight arrived. Before that, he was A-OK to do magic.
>>
>>25597319
that only makes him just as retarded for never offering help in that regard, you know, if he was actually able to create such shield.
>>
>>25597340
Who ever said he wasn't retarded?
>>
It seems Nightmare is a much competent ruler that Celestia, and at least powerful and smart enough to deal with the threats Twilight and co have faced, but she's still to susceptible to grab the idiot ball whenever it's handed to her, like who she wanted to disband the group one by one and then tried to take them head-on in S1; but here we also see that she realized twilight would try something once at the time travelling device, yet, she was so focused on keeping her act that twilight pretty much slipped between her metaphorical fingers and lost it all in a couple of seconds. Why? is it that every time her rule is actually threatened she gets nervous and builds up this show of typical villainy to appear more ominous and powerful? or has she only gained power and maintained it out of pure strikes of luck (just like how the mane 6 have dealt with almost every major villain so far).
>>
>>25597490
Honestly NMM seemed to heavily underestimate Twilight here, which is silly considering Twi was an alicorn like her sister. Had her future been the entire focus of the episode I think it is safe to assume that she would be more concerned about there existing another Alicorn aside from herself in Equestria with time travel powers.

That, and it probably would have been smarter for NMM to keep Spike at her castle while going to the map to time travel, to prevent Twilight from leaving without her permission.
>>
>>25597490
>>25597570

Also I find this shit odd.
Why didn't NMM see that Twilight is an Alicorn? She is dark, very dark, but not blind.
>>
Do you guys think Nightmare Moon built a wall to keep out donkeys?
>>
>>25597595
Aside from a kid RD I don't think anyone really took notice, which is silly, but I guess it's the writers trying to play off that alicorns are no big deal.

Also keep in mind that every future had, at best, five minutes of screen time invested to them. The fact that NMM got far more screen time and lines than any of the revealed villains is a lot more than anything the other villains could muster.

I place NMM's idiot ball moment squarely on the writers wanting to show off NMM (Who seems to be a favorite of theirs with how much love they put on her model and keep updating it with each of her appearances. By comparison, Chrysalis didn't get a new model.) but couldn't let her be the main villain of the episode.
>>
>>25597490
>>25597570

It's a throwback to the pilot, Twilight used the same method to outsmart NMM back then. Telekinesis is a very rare talent.

Only instead of taunting her, Twilight just charged at her in the pilot.
>>
>>25597723
*Teleportation is a very rare talent.
>>
File: Happiness.png (118 KB, 253x257) Image search: [Google]
Happiness.png
118 KB, 253x257
>>25597688
Hmm. You're smart, Anon. Starlight Glimmer, is that you?

>but I guess it's the writers trying to play off that alicorns are no big deal.
UHH, but it's a big deal, after all. They pissed me off.
>>
>>25597723
>>25597738

>It's a throwback to the pilot, Twilight used the same method to outsmart NMM back then. Telekinesis is a very rare talent.
I was about to say that you're retarded for saying that until you corrected yourself.

Yeah, Teleportation is fairly rare. It was Twilight's thing even back when she was in G1. So I get you there.

It makes sense too, since NMM would not have been prepared for it, since she never had it happen in her timeline.
>>
File: Nightmare Moon.jpg (3 MB, 3453x2550) Image search: [Google]
Nightmare Moon.jpg
3 MB, 3453x2550
>>25590158
>"Celestia always killed too cleanly, Twilight, and too quickly. She would fight, and win, and strut back to Canterlot with her head held high. To defeat her enemies, she'd do so by hurling herself at them, doing just enough to force their surrender, and then lord over them with her delusions of nobility and beneficence."

>"Now, if it were up to me, I'd burn their villages, slaughter their servants, salt their fields, and spend the next decade watching them die slow, humiliating deaths. Night after night, raid after raid, I'd overwhelm the stragglers from their armies and bleach their skulls to hang from my armor, until none remained."

>"But that isn't the quick execution Celestia wants, now is it? She'd go for the throat. I'd go for the eyes. Then the tongue. Then the hooves. Then I'd skin the crippled remains and offer it up as an example to any still bearing witness."

>"You see, Twilight, Celestia was a warrior before she became a noble, but I'm a murderer, first, last, and always."
>>
>>25589022
>I know I'M just going to totally disown and forget that my brother exists the second the opportunity presents itself.

That's what I did.
>>
File: cheeki breeki.png (525 KB, 604x453) Image search: [Google]
cheeki breeki.png
525 KB, 604x453
>>25594818
>All the so-called Nightmare Moon variants are really variants of Tantobus/Luna!
>Gnu/Linux speech ponified
/g/ you sneaki breeki
>>
>>25597763
It's disappointing that we don't get to see her take charge as the main villain and only get glimpses at how awesome she truly is, but I can imagine it's a tough sell for writers to give excuses to bring her back. She is pretty much the most complex antagonist of the series in terms of motivation.

It's like the writers want to make as many excuses to show off NMM as possible. Hell I bet the writers would love to make her the villain again for a season opener or ending, but are unsure if they can really afford going back to an old villain who has already been reformed.

They knew they couldn't make her timeline the focus of the season finale because it would detract from Starlight Glimmer's plot and take the spotlight away from her. If they were ever to REALLY show off NMM, they would need to either have a legit flashback episode where we see not only NMM's incarnation, but also the events leading to it, OR Luna would have to get corrupted again by focusing on how Celestia is still the defacto leader of Equestria, and she's still playing second banana.

>>25597864
NMM was hardly an edgy murder, but I do imagine that she'd have public executions to make examples of traitorous filth, and show little mercy to her enemies unless they grovel at her feet and swear loyalty.

Celestia and Luna just locked away their problems early on rather than properly dealing with them. (Discord turned into a statue, Tirek banished, Sombra not fully destroyed, etc) NMM makes sure they never came back.
>>
So anyone remembers that old thread where someone wrote that story about NMM making anon immortal and killing off all life?
She also created some immortal pony and story ends with NMM, Celestia, Anon and that pony having fun around table thousands of years later
>>
>>25598244
o fug
I wasnt ready for that
>>
>>25598244
Thank you man!
>>
>>25587258
I don't know why but the nmm timeline reminds me of Bioshock.
>>
File: nyetnyet.jpg (127 KB, 400x545) Image search: [Google]
nyetnyet.jpg
127 KB, 400x545
>>25598244
>mfw zealots drove edgemeister away
>>
>>25598550
>>25598366

Do you even 4chan bro?
>>
I should have known people would go overboard ans start getting serious with the 'NMM did nothing wrong' and 'NMM is a better ruler than Celestia' nonsense. Idiots.
>>
>>25597929
But we all love NMM, especially when she is powerful and goofy enough to run after the idiot ball.

>>25598244
Oh, fuck.
>>
>>25598661
>enter NMM thread
>cry about majority of posters liking NMM more than Celestia

Fuck off, retard.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 57

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.