[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/srwg/ Super Robot Wars General #976
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 80
File: Filio's Grave.jpg (479 KB, 1200x1695) Image search: [Google]
Filio's Grave.jpg
479 KB, 1200x1695
Previous Thread:
>>14377309

If you need help with any game try checking Akurasu for help:
http://akurasu.net/wiki/Super_Robot_Wars

Current status of the games availability in the English language as of the end of August 2014:
http://pastebin.com/Y1ND2asB

Detailed Version of Game Availability in English as of Late August 2015:
http://pastebin.com/crZFqXVk

Music Pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/sBUG6USX

Bring Stabity's Quick Guide to Katakana:
http://pastebin.com/x6FmxFGk

Game Modification Pastebin
http://pastebin.com/BgMcmBJc

Translated Plot Pastebin
http://pastebin.com/mXTM5K5z

Art Pastebin
http://pastebin.com/FpW9zx0P

SRC Pastebin V2:
http://pastebin.com/NRPtThEZ

Make your own SRW character Pastebin
http://pastebin.com/DBj6Nknk

If you wish to help with the SRW fan game they are always in need of more musicians and artists
Please contact the following e-mail: [email protected]
You may also reach them in IRC at #SRWEternity on Rizon.

You can also visit their website at: http://srw.eternitychan.org/

6/30 - OGMD's Japanese release date
8/5 - OGMD's SEA region release date

Moon Dwellers PV1 English Sub:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4-PL1dQWeU

OGMD PV 2 English Sub:
https://youtu.be/_5UGLCXv-00

SRW OG extra: Beach Picture Drama
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KytW2gLtR2A

SRW V teaser PV
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18otfdWJlLI
>>
First for PANZER VOR
>>
File: The anime of our comrades.png (2 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
The anime of our comrades.png
2 MB, 1366x768
Second for our comrades anime.
>>
Third for Taiken
>>
10 DAYS TO GO TILL OGMD
>>
>>14379864
>and Amuro doesn't get the Dijeh

That's really nothing special considering the first game with the actual Dijeh (as in not the SE-R) was Z, and the SE-R was a secret in every game it's in IIRC.

>>14379887
Isn't it the 21st in Japan?
>>
>>14379900
4:38am there righ now
>>
>>14379900
Yeah, 20th in US
>>
>>14379906
So it's 9 days to go.
>>
>>14379905
>>14379906
Then it's 9 days to go.

NINE MORE DAYS UNTIL OGMD.
>>
>>14379911
>>14379914
Yes, because they're totally going to be opening stores at 4 in the morning just to sell this shit.

It'll still be 10 days before we get anything out of it.

Setting aside leaks, which will probably drop more than 1 day in advance.
>>
File: Euzeth gown.png (243 KB, 438x574) Image search: [Google]
Euzeth gown.png
243 KB, 438x574
>>14379914
What are you rambling about? The game isn't out till August.
>>
File: leak-1.jpg (376 KB, 1335x806) Image search: [Google]
leak-1.jpg
376 KB, 1335x806
Fresh leaks from China.
>>
>>14379923
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKCCeeQXlLo
You right now
>>
>>14379923
Holy shit, I'm going to need both hands for this bad boy.
>>
>>14379923
Ayyyyy
Must get the money
>>
>>14379923
>Kai is killed by Hazal Gozzo
Ah well, the cast is bloated anyway.
>>
5. Super Robot Wars BX (Nintendo 3DS)

This is a very recent release but it is one of my all-time favorites in the series. As the origins of Super Robot Wars come from handheld gaming, many of the more modern handheld entries tend to be very well constructed. In that, instead of various long-winded levels that are common in the console versions, the handheld games are more focused and decisive in terms of the overall pacing. Super Robot Wars BX definitely had this focused handheld approach and honed that further as it followed on from UX. From dropping mecha based upgrades and keeping the two unit approach, the game encouraged a very direct form of strategy. It also included mecha from series such as Galient, Giant Gorg and Dunbine, so that was rather lovely. In that, the high speed Galient units could back up by the plodding Giant Gorg, who is then supported via the aura battlers from Dunbine, as they can cover large distances and are on the whole very tough to hit. Visually the game was also nicely done on the 3DS and had a lot of new animation work as well. It’s so much fun that I’ve now played through the game over four times and unlocked pretty much all the secret units I care about. The only downside to this game is that you will need a Japanese 3DS to play it, as the 3DS is still mystifyingly region locked.
>>
>>14379947
4. Super Robot Wars J (GameBoy Advance)

Another handheld entry and this was an epic little game. First off, it had Layzner and Dancouga present, which was and always is fantastic, but it eschewed many of the prior classic series. This not only resulted in a degree of notoriety at release but also freed up the game to do things a bit differently. Using the classic single unit approach, the game was very direct as a result. The only real downside to the game was its inclusion of Zeorymer. Always a problematically powerful unit, its presence did play havoc with the balancing. Doubly so, as you could unlock an even more overpowered version called Great Zeorymer but thankfully the conditions for its acquisition weren’t exactly simple. In any case, even with the Zeorymer induced balancing issues, this was and still is a lot of fun to play through.
>>
>>14379946
>the cast is bloated
Cheeky fucker
>>
>>14379949
3. Super Robot Wars F and F Final (PlayStation, Sega Saturn)

For many, F and F Final are the definitive games in the series. In many places brutally difficult and requiring precise as well as exacting uses of strategy, they are some of the purest entries in the series. With powerful units like Ideon having very obtuse conditions in order to unlock its full potency, these games were refreshingly tough. Technically two games, I have bunched them together here, as they are both extended remakes of the fourth Super Robot Wars game. Thankfully, you can get these games on PSN for both PS3 and Vita, though some (including myself) still swear by the Sega Saturn versions.
>>
>>14379949
Epic waves of reinforcements, maybe.
>>
>>14379920
>because they're totally going to be opening stores at 4 in the morning just to sell this shit.

Midnight prerelease?
>>
>>14379957
2. Super Robot Wars (GameBoy)

The game where it all started, I still remember how good and difficult it was. With a very small roster of series, progression across each of the levels was often a big challenge. Unlike in later games where you had pilot abilities to nullify damage, the original game was plainer in that regard. That meant you really had to gauge your attacks and general strategy more carefully. There is an updated remake of this on PS3 and Vita, while it is nicely done it does add a lot more to the game and loses some of its purity in the process. Ideally, you should play the original of this if you can.
>>
>>14379959
Does Japan even bother with that, especially for shit that isn't their equivalent of cowadooty?
>>
>>14379962
1. Super Robot Wars Alpha 3 (PlayStation 2)

The last game in the Alpha series, Super Robot Wars Alpha 3 had absolutely everything. Amazing animations, pretty much every amazing mecha series you could think of and fantastic level pacing. Ideon also returned but its implementation here kind of sums up Alpha 3 nicely; sure, you could use Ideon freely but you would get the bad ending in doing so. Generally, the balancing was also a bit freer compared to the earlier games but it wasn’t overly kind either. While the strategy required wasn’t as exacting as in F and F Final, it wasn’t a brute force approach. You also had larger groups of units as well and finding good combinations was definitely in your best interests. The level designs were also great and managed to recreate fantastic scenes from various host anime brilliantly, with the end of Gunbuster being notable. I love this game probably the most out of all the games in the Super Robot Wars series and it still holds up brilliantly today.

If you are interested in playing any of the above games, they are only available in Japan so you will need to import them accordingly. In addition, the language barrier is not trivial either but thankfully, there are some very useful guides to help you out.
>>
>>14379965
Who knows?

More importantly though, even if they don't, they'll still have open places at, what, 6 or 7 in the morning? So it's 9 days and like two or three hours, whatever, that's not 10 days at all.
>>
>>14379968
>no Z1, MX, or W anywhere in the top 5
Shit taste.
>>
>>14379968
>Not Z1
> sure, you could use Ideon freely but you would get the bad ending in doing so.
Did he even play the game?
>>
>>14379947
>>14379949
>>14379957
>>14379962
>>14379968

Though I appreciate the write up, your taste in SRW is fucking abysmal, anon.
>>
>>14379977
Do you really have to ask?
>>
File: 1357647584049.jpg (150 KB, 600x440) Image search: [Google]
1357647584049.jpg
150 KB, 600x440
>>14379949
>complaining about Zeorymer being too good
>>
>>14379979
It's either not mattman or he turned his trip off, so we can't just look at them and automatically tell.
>>
>>14379832
>Val Varo is pretty garbage unless you're doing a Real-only run for some insane reason

It's pretty good with some upgrades. It has as much HP as your average super while still having extremely good dodge. Furthermore, the map attack + hot blood/cold blood is good for wiping out the huge swarms of Bergelmirs that you fight near the end, and the beam cannon attack it has can get up to 4.5 - 5k (I think) base damage with no will requirement and minimal energy cost.
>>
If you don't have Z1 or 2ndOG on your top 5 you're not analyzing objectively.
>>
>>14379982
How could that have been me? >>14379968 and >>14379973 were within thirty seconds.

>>14379992
That depends, we talking top 5 favorite or top 5 best?
>>
>Pointing out Zeorymer alone when Nadesico, Mazinkaiser and Granteed exist
>>
>>14379995
Did you literally miss the first four words of that post you quoted?

No wonder everyone thinks you don't play games when you can't even read fucking English.
>>
File: you what.png (60 KB, 253x200) Image search: [Google]
you what.png
60 KB, 253x200
>>14379988
>cold blood
>>
>>14379999
..."If you don't have"?
>>
>>14379988
Except you could be spending that money upgrading Mazinkaiser/Shin Getter/Brygar/V2/literally anything better instead
>>
>>14379999
There are two possibilities proposed in that post, one of which does accuse him of involvement, so Matt isn't wrong to refute it.
>>
This seems relevant

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/the-gateway-guide-to-super-robot-wars/page-2

>Super Robot Wars UX
>The only Super Robot Wars for the Nintendo 3DS to date is pretty much the definition of filler. It has a weak cast, and it borrows a lot of assets from SRW L, which itself was not very good. Unless you really like Linebarrels of Iron or Gundam 00: Awakening of the Trailblazer, it's an easy miss.

I triggered myself
>>
>>14380019
I'm not clicking the link, but that's the one with the "only two series that matter are Demonbane and Dunbine", isn't it?
>>
>>14380016
Unless he's admitting to turning his trip off to shitpost he shouldn't have anything to worry about.
>>
>>14379968
>>14379962
>>14379957
>>14379949
>>14379947
shitty troll 0/10
>>
>>14380011
While Mazinkaiser and Shin Getter are obvious, remind me what Brygar had going for it again over Combattler's 5 pilots, Reideen's status as the best support in the game, or Dancouga's pseudo-Mazin Power buff? I used it but not especially heavily.
>>
>>14380053
Sturdier than Dancouga, doesn't burn EN as badly as Raideen, stronger in its general moves than Combattler or Voltes.
>>
>>14380019
>Super Robot Wars UX
>The only Super Robot Wars for the Nintendo 3DS to date is pretty much the definition of filler. It has a weak cast, and it borrows a lot of assets from SRW L, which itself was not very good. Unless you really like Linebarrels of Iron or Gundam 00: Awakening of the Trailblazer, it's an easy miss

Not only is the reused assets blatantly untrue, to say that it has a weak cast is an opinion (a terrible one).
>>
>>14380019
Z1, @G, and 2nd OGs aren't bad picks for favorites (even if Z mostly does what @G did right better), but I do question if he ever played UX.
>>
>>14380053
Dancouga can't take a beating at all in @G and is an even bigger EN whore than in @1
On the plus side it shares upgrades with its components I guess? I never saw much of a reason to use it over any of the other Supers sadly.

Meanwhile Brygar can Zealspam for days, comes with some solid support spirits, and is naturally dodgy as hell.
>>
>>14380024
It's the one you are thinking of, but they argued that the only two series that mattered are Linebarrels and 00.
Forbes Guy, on the other hand, argued that Tobikage and Dunbine's return were the biggest names of UX.
>>
>>14380024
Same person different article
>>
>>14380053
Perfect SP spread, mostly. Valor on one pilot, Zeal on another, defensive spirits on another, supports on the last.

>>14380063
Components don't get Dancouga's upgrades, but they are still solid grunt killers if you split/merge. Loved Dancouga in @G, but you really need to make sure Guard is being cast every turn (Thankfully Ryo has nothing else worth casting)
>>
>>14380056
Also saying that L wasn't good is an opinion. A contentious one, but an opinion nonetheless.

>>14380064
>>14380067
Fucking stupid, the lot of them.
>>
>>14380053
>Raideen
>Best support in the game
That's Shin Getter though
Raideen's alright but only having one pilot and no Guard (and no Strike?) really hurts him a lot lategame.

Dancouga got nerfed really really fucking hard by the damage formula changes not allowing it to stomp everything by becoming effectively invincible the second it gets a will advantage, which is instantly when all four pilots have Yell.
>>
>>14379992
When I'm super easily entertained it's hard for me to pick my top 5 favorite games, since I pretty much enjoy all of them.
>>
>>14380068
>Components don't get Dancouga's upgrades

I thought they did in Alpha Gaiden? I thought that was one of its big changes over Alpha 1, the components share upgrades.

>>14380077
I'd be able to at least manage that, but if I didn't have one that I clearly favor over all else I'd never be able to pick a number 1 favorite.

I dunno how I'd handle "best" though. A goodly number of really good games vying for that spot.
>>
I think the thing about any cast is that it's subjective but I've found that SRW can do a good job of making you like even a bad show or at least interesting you in some of the shows you might not recognize

I feel like that's one of the best thing SRW does

I'm sure when Z was announced a lot of people shitposted about Destiny being in but look at how that turned out.
>>
>>14380075
Did Ryouma learn support at some point, or was that one of the other pilots?

>Dancouga got nerfed really really fucking hard by the damage formula changes

Could you elaborate on this? Was it something changed between Alpha and Alpha Gaiden?
>>
>>14380056
It's funny because UX is one of the least guilty of asset reuse. Character portraits and I think that's it.
>>
>>14380092
>Did Ryouma learn support at some poin
Yes. Fire Blaster + Stoner Sunshine is pretty much the most reliable way of killing retreating bosses or killing bosses before they regen, since it does at least 20k even to Neo Granzon when everyone involved is at 150 Will

>Could you elaborate on this?
Alpha Gaiden was the first game to ditch the Winkysoft damage formula for the modern damage formula, or at least something close to it
Will has a much much smaller effect on damage and defense
>>
>>14380089
>I'm sure when Z was announced a lot of people shitposted about Destiny being in but look at how that turned out.
Z had the same complaints as today's SRWs when it was announced. Bitching never really changes.
>>
>>14379920
You're retarded. It's going to be out before midnight Pacific time off the 29th.
>>
>>14380092
>Could you elaborate on this? Was it something changed between Alpha and Alpha Gaiden?

Alpha 1 ran on Winkysoft, and Dancouga could bump itself up to 150 Will and then stack that, Aggressive Beast, and its powerful finishers into a straight OHKO on literally everything. Lack of defense hardly mattered, although it had Guard to help that at least.

In Alpha Gaiden they made its spirit pool less HYPER OFFENSE (which was somewhat good since it meant it got Bless and stuff like that but overall a bad move)... and got rid of Guard for no reason. It also can't just punk all over every boss because Alpha Gaiden is in no way Winkysoft.

>>14380093
In its early development it had a few animations closer to L, but for the most part, yeah.
>>
File: 171.jpg (362 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
171.jpg
362 KB, 1280x720
>>14380019
TRIGGERED
>>
>>14380104
[citation needed]
>>
File: Chidori takes out the trash.jpg (121 KB, 563x902) Image search: [Google]
Chidori takes out the trash.jpg
121 KB, 563x902
>It's a "Oh I've never watched Fafner/MJP/Heroic Age because it's made by the same writer as Gundam Seed" poster
>>
>>14380114
Did you get 'writer' and 'character designer' mixed up somehow?
>>
>>14380122
No.

Use your brain please as to why I used the words I did.
>>
>>14380019
>and it borrows a lot of assets from SRW L
LIKE WHAT?

THE FUCKING DANCOUGA NOVA PORTRAITS?
>>
>>14380106
It still had every pilot start with Valor/Hot Blood. Was pretty amazing to nail those "kill retreating bosses" battle masteries in the pre-time travel stages.

>>14380114
>the same writer
The same CHARACTER DESIGNER, which is even worse. They don't have any writing staff in common.
>>
Hey /srwg/, just started L. What units should I dump my money into?
>>
>>14380127
Macross Frontier, Dancouga, a couple Linebarrel, Fafner pre-Heaven and Earth, and Destiny portraits.
There were some cut-ins reused too, I think.

But all of those amount to less of a megabyte, anyways.
>>
>>14380126
Because you're either retarded or trying to strawman other people into being seen the same?

I have literally seen no one complain about the Hiraiface shows because they have Seed's writer.
>>
>>14380135
Gaiking is love, Gaiking is life
But really every main unit in L is worth it. Except maybe Wing Zero.
>>
>>14380131
Anonymous, you're pretty stupid aren't you?
>>
>>14380146
Don't forget to dump some money into Linebarrel.
>>
>>14380146
Wing Zero's not too bad except for him joining super late.

Hell, you can afford to 5-bar most things in the game, especially as things that join later keep coming with more and more bars.

A big exception might be Mazinger Z and Great, since they don't carry over to Kaiser or Shin Great, unless you feel like using quad Mazingers lategame.
>>
>>14380146
Wing Zero is fucking great in L though.
>>
>>14380084
>I thought they did in Alpha Gaiden? I thought that was one of its big changes over Alpha 1, the components share upgrades.
Just loaded up my endgame to check, you're right they do share upgrades. I remembered them having unique items and got it confused for unique upgrades as well. Also forgot about Ryo losing Guard which sucks, but Alert/Confuse are still helpful at least.
>>
>>14380145
And you're trying to come off as smarter than me because you tried to correct an intentional mistake I made to demonstrate just how ignorant the people who write those shows off because of how they shared a character designer with SEED and most people who write shows off for superficial reasons don't actually tend to know the staff that are involved or simply regurgitate what other people say to make themselves fit better into the general popular opinion.

The fact that you aren't even aware of this is sad because last year we had people writing Exodus because of Hirai while people gobbled down Cross Ange despite Fukada, which is a clear demonstration of the ignorance most people have going into anime.
>>
>>14380157
I might be mixing it up with the W version. I do remember Zero sucking hard in one of the DS games.
>>
>>14380155
>Quad Mazingers
Wow, that sounds amazing!
>>
>>14380165
It was fine in W. Didn't really stand out exactly but it certainly wasn't bad, especially with Will Limit Break on Heero
>>
>>14380166
Would be, if Kaiser and Shin Great didn't show up super fucking late (like, over 2/3rds of the game done late).
>>
>>14380169
At least it's the strongest that Kaiser has ever been
>>
>>14380165
It was fine in W too. It was shit in AP, and in a few other games, but it was fine in those two.

>>14380166
Problem: You don't have enough Hot Bloods to get it to work. Of the five Mazinger pilots, only three get Hot Blood - Kouji and Tetsuya are best in Kaiser and Shin Great, and Boss is best in the Borot.

On the plus side, Kaiser and Shin Great are hella fucking broken.
>>
>>14380163
Are you hanging out on /a/ or something? You're running into a lot more retards than I am.

Hell, I thought /m/ loved Exodus, given the constant threads it had going for a while there. I didn't watch it myself since I didn't care for vanilla Fafner that much, but.
>>
has the nu been bad in any game
>>
>>14380177
It's so-so in @G (and you can get Hi-Nu there anyway) but I can't think of any of the games I've played where it's been outright bad. Maybe in one of the classic series hellholes.
>>
>>14380177
Some of the early games had the Nu be just another midgame Real. It only started looking up when the HWS became a thing or in the rare games where it was somehow one of the last Gundam units you got (like C3).

Nowadays HWS and Hi-Nu aren't things but the Nu has an actual finisher so it's better than ever.
>>
>>14380177
Twas pretty bad in Alpha Gaiden. Mainly because it's a space-specialized machine in a game that has like three space stages.
>>
>>14380176
I hang out on a lot of other boards.
>>
>>14380177
Kind of in @G unless you slap some terrain parts on it since there's no space stages
I assume Nu HWS is as good in @G as it was in @1, but you can only get it on Easy mode.
>>
>>14380177
@G, mostly because it was a flightless unit in a game that required you to fly over terrain to get anywhere. Also no Hit&Away and it's Fin Funnels weren't notably powerful.

Playing MX now and it's not particularly great either, decent evade but no finisher so it's purely for grunt killing (Which it does well, but even then it's outclassed by the Dijeh SE-R). Actually considering switching to a Qubeley Mk IIs and abusing their combo attack instead, which is actually pretty strong.
>>
Which Moon would you Dwellers?
>>
>>14380176
>Hell, I thought /m/ loved Exodus
It's not exactly wrong at the very least they're the least prone to being trolled from what I've seen they rarely devolve into shitposting because the shitposters get ignored.

Which is a lot easier when the fans know they love a show whole heartedly instead of ironically and the higher entry barrier to the series which makes it blatant when people who didn't watch the show are trying to shitpost and can be ignored.
>>
>>14380111
Check when the Japanese psn updates you blabbering retard
>>
>>14380188
You get HWS in Medium mode too.

It's not all that bad to be honest. It has good options that hit hard in any environment, more ammo on some of Nu's old attacks, more EN for the Funnels, and I think a P MAP in the same way Haman's Qubeley does. But most importantly, it's a part set attachment for Nu, which means unlike Hi Nu (which is a whole new unit), it'll actually keep the upgrades you may have given to the Nu, so you can start putting money into it early.
>>
File: 1465236177467.jpg (216 KB, 852x480) Image search: [Google]
1465236177467.jpg
216 KB, 852x480
4th FMW when?
I need my dose of sanbondo bullshit
>>
I tried to play L once, but stopped because I couldn't stand the first stages with Frontier and Destiny.
>>
>>14380197
Tenia and Melua. Also Shana-Mia.
>>
>>14380197
I'd Orgone Buster Katia all day everyday
>>
>>14380197
If Shana-Mia is actually voiced by Hayami, then her

Every day, every night, every afternoon
>>
>>14380493
What about the mornings?
>>
>>14380514
Gotta rest sometime, anon.
>>
>>14380516
Your spirit is weak
>>
>>14380516
>2016
>not being addicted to every energy-producing, sleep-depriving consumable product
>>
>>14380519
>>14380521
No matter what happens, if you don't take the time to properly rest, eventually the quality of whatever action you're doing is going to degrade. Especially if the action is a very enthusiastic one.
>>
>>14380197
I'd Infinity Calibur Katia all day, every day
And the hime if she actually is a Hayamin
>>
Slogging through Z3.1, is it worth upgrading Mao and Kurz's M9s? They don't get any sort of combo attack w/Sousuke like they did in J/W, do they?
>>
>>14380532
I liked using Kurz in a sniper unit w/ Lockon to get them into position on turn one (Free Accel/Assault on turn one), would switch to Lockon for turn two and Hit&Away move the way through the rest of the stage. Mao was pretty much glued to the bench though, she's just not a great unit unfortunately.
>>
>>14380532
They get a combo in Tengoku-hen, just in time for them to split up until way later and then for Sousuke to get the Laevatein, which doesn't have a combination attack
>>
>Watch Kannazuki no Miko
>One episode in and I already see everyone fawning over the super useless protagonist

I'm in for one of those shows huh
>>
>>14380548
Least Re-Sublimity and Agony are great songs.
>>
>>14380163
>People
>Gobble down Cross Ange because Fukuda

What kind of opposite world do you live in? People wrote it off automatically because of him.
>>
>>14380557
That's the OP and ED right? I'm looking for a battle theme to use in SRC.
>>
>>14380561
They are.

There's also Suppuration -core-, an insert song from episode 5 which might work, if you can stomach getting that far.
>>
File: 1460141555307.jpg (27 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1460141555307.jpg
27 KB, 500x281
>>14380548
it's one of the worst shows ever
but the mechs were cool
>>
>>14380561
How's the SRC progress, if you're the Nova anon? Last I saw you were deciding between the first route split, and I wasn't around to suggest the Godmars route.
>>
>>14380558
Trust me there are a lot of seasonal anime fans who love it "ironically"
>>
>>14380573
I'm still on the route split choice.

>>14380568
I tried to look for them on the OST but no luck.
>>
>>14380579
Then I still suggest the Godmars OVA secret route, unless you want to go the opposite just to see what I haven't seen yet.

Not like that's exactly difficult given SRC's save system, it makes it a lot easier to go back and do route splits, that's for sure.
>>
>>14380575
Yes but that still doesn't change the fact that a lot of people wrote it off because of Fukuda without giving it a chance.
>>
Alright trying to figure out what to spend on these three.
Puru Two has been gruntkiller supreme, wanna get Attacker but I don't know if I should overwrite the Shield Defense I bought earlier, or get rid of her Sword Cut (Support Attack is staying).
Domon is getting Attacker, just wondering if I should get rid of Prevail or Sword Cut. E Save is even an option, he's mostly used for boss killing and I have two resupply units besides.
Hokuto I'm at a loss for though, I just finished Scene 6 (I got FA Dendoh too), haven't been using any of his forms though so Attacker feels like a waste. Should I just grab Mental and then SP+ levels? Or will Dendoh get a mode worth using that has him as pilot so I should give him Attacker?
>>
TOKIHANATE
HAGANE NO YAIBA
>>
>>14380583
I'm kind of worried about the deployment slot count. OVA Godmars sounds great to have but deployment slots might be a bit tight which is a pro in MkII's favor.
>>
File: MX PP Spending.jpg (276 KB, 960x1632) Image search: [Google]
MX PP Spending.jpg
276 KB, 960x1632
>>14380588
Might help if I attach the image
>>
File: gsdx_20160620184025.png (170 KB, 640x448) Image search: [Google]
gsdx_20160620184025.png
170 KB, 640x448
For Katina's last slot should i get guard/predict or just go IMMA CHARGIN MA LAZER and get gunfight?
>>
>>14380595
>>14380588
>Not making Attacker your first priority
>>
Onto the Mazinkaiser OVAs right now, and it just keeps bugging me.
Was the movie supposed to be a series, but got trimmed down to a movie or something? The whole thing with the destroyed Japan and traveling to the destroyed ruins of the Photon Lab feels more like something in the last stretch of a show, rather than the second half of a movie. Especially when the movie already spent the at least a quarter of the film showing the Mazinger Army getting fucked.
>>
>>14380600
Predict is never worth the PP. It's okay if the pilot comes with it but I always overwrite it eventually.

>>14380604
... You watched the movie BEFORE the OVA?
>>
>>14380579
Try this:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/09byyky793a4iuj/%5BYurivn%5DKnM-Single-OP-ED.rar

I'd forgotten I'd lost my copies of them.
>>
>>14380532
I actually managed to use them all the way to the final stage, didn't separate them either, that free assault on both of them was very useful, specially with her ALL attack.
>>
>>14380592
I'm almost at stage 30, and deployment slots are going to get tight either way, I think. If you're a "deploy every main character" type of guy, you're not going to last much longer before you're always going to be benching a few people, especially if you need them in tandem like the Rayieza units or pre-Lightning/Eternal Excellence units.

That said, pick what you want, it's your playthrough, and you can always go back and overwrite saves if you want to. The creator went down a road I didn't, since his save files went for the Kannozuki secret, for example.
>>
>>14380604
The movie's a fucking sequel to the OVA. How could you not tell that from the damn title?
>>
>>14380600
EN Save (if you're like me and out her in the Gigan)
Focused Attack (because that way you get more damage off your Soul casts)
Mental Focuse (or get more Soul casts off, reallt)
>>
>>14380627
That can't be Tetsuya is still in the Black Great Mazinger.
>>
>>14380250
You don't deserve to play L.
>>
>>14380634
Because Shin Great Mazinger was in space getting upgraded with Mazinkaiser, duh.

And he still took down two fucking Mycenaean Generals in the basic Great, so.
>>
>>14380608
>>14380627

I just assumed they were a separate continuity.
>>
>>14380650
STOP READING THE WIKI.
>>
>>14380650
Production order is always the correct order
How many fucking times do I have to say it?
>>
>>14380650
>Mazinkaiser
>Mazinkaiser vs. The Great General of Darkness

>When the original Mazinger Z's sequel was "Mazinger Z vs The Great General Of Darkness"

This is fundamental /m/ stuff!
>>
>>14380655
>Mazinger Z vs The Great General Of Darkness
but he never fights the General
>>
File: 1460866452091.png (77 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1460866452091.png
77 KB, 500x500
>>14380650
You're a fucking idiot you blithering nincompoop.
>>
>>14380614
I think I might just cycle my units around in groups like I used to in MX. That way I'd get to take full advantage of the FMP guys and the Layzner trio.

I'll probably follow the Compact units around even it means fighting way more bosses with Bunshin than I have to.
>>
>>14380665
That'll lead you to one secret, at least, since taking a Compact 3 route split is the only requirement for one of the Shura to join you. Alion, I think he's named?

Also keep an eye out for the V-Max pack, since that's not route exclusive, and extra V-Max is decent if you use the Layzner trio enough. (Was that a thing in the source material? Something that you could just stick onto a grunt-level mech and give it V-Max?)
>>
>>14380672
I looked at the route chart and yeah following the Shura exclusively only gives my Layzner MkII and Alion.

I should probably draft up a secret chart so I can decide how many units I can pick up.
>>
File: 1325078371441.jpg (205 KB, 899x650) Image search: [Google]
1325078371441.jpg
205 KB, 899x650
>leaks this week
>Brexit this week
>>
>>14380678
>MD and ZTD leaks are probably going to be happening at the same time
I'm very conflicted on whether I should completely fucking abandon the internet for a few days or not
>>
File: 1439069825783.jpg (43 KB, 295x295) Image search: [Google]
1439069825783.jpg
43 KB, 295x295
>>14380653
>>14380655
>>14380654
>>14380662

Gomenasai
>>
>>14380681
I'll just not browse /v/.

I doubt ZTD spoilers will reach this place.
>>
>>14380694
You might see something in this thread, like with the AA stuff previously. It all depends on how many people here have an interest in it and wanna mention it.
>>
>>14380660
He fights Ankoku Daishogun's army, that counts.
>>
>>14380697
Actually, now that we both have mentioned the game some shitposter may be targeting us this second. I guess not even /m/ is safe.
>>
>>14380655
>Mazinkaiser
>Mazinkaiser vs The Great General of Darkness
>Mazinkaiser SKL
???
>>
>>14380633
She's basically been kyosuke's buffbot for the past few missions, so mental focus it is. Though i suppose i should check - rampage ghost works if kyo and excellen are just adjacent and not paired, right?
>>
>>14380678
Brexit got one of your politicians killed, asshole.
>>
>>14380706
Its Mazinkaizer SKL
>>
>>14380703
Yeah I recommend a short break from just about anything. Don't even answer your doorbell, it could be potential spoilers
>>
>>14380677
Need help? I'm bored enough to put together something of a prototype if it assists.

Bonta-Kun and the V-Max pack, as well as the extra upgrade rank for the 64 rival's mech are route-less.

The first split determines whether you'll go for Layzner Mk. II or GodMars OVA.

The second route split determines whether you start the Kannozuki no Miko secret, or just get an extra attack for Zambot 3.

The third route split is either the Compact 3 secrets, or a necessary continuation of the KnM secret chain.

Interesting that they only made one secret require multiple splits. Compare that to GS, which has, for an easy example, Shin Getter, which requires picking four specific route splits to get.
>>
How will we know whether leaks are true or bullshit until we get screenshots?
>>
File: 1439706307242.jpg (359 KB, 640x3280) Image search: [Google]
1439706307242.jpg
359 KB, 640x3280
>>14380706
>Mazinkaiser SKL
>Shin Mazinger Z and Mazinkaiser SKL vs The Great General of Darkness
>>
File: 57504219_p3.jpg (702 KB, 1000x1200) Image search: [Google]
57504219_p3.jpg
702 KB, 1000x1200
>>
File: 57504219_p0.jpg (478 KB, 851x1200) Image search: [Google]
57504219_p0.jpg
478 KB, 851x1200
>>
>>14380709
>rampage ghost works if kyo and excellen are just adjacent and not paired, right?
Yes.
Pairing them up just gives a 20% buff to final damage (it's more like 36% because their Love lv3 also gets bumped to lv4), but obviously, you can only use 1 attack if you do it that way.
>>
>>14380720
So basically
Layzner MkII or OVA Godmars
Alion + Zambot Finisher vs KnM

That KnM secret better be good since you lose two secrets for it.
>>
>>14380724
Wow look how fake those shots look. They'd never do something cool like that ever
>>
File: 57504219_p1.jpg (585 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
57504219_p1.jpg
585 KB, 900x900
>>
>>14380681
>>14380694
I just finished my replay of VLR and I feel like I shouldn't be anywhere near the internet in fear of ZTD spoilers
>>
>>14380726
Right in the feels
>>
>>14380733
That entire stage was made of hype.
>>
>>14380733
It's okay anon, the Z3 team can't hurt you here.
>>
>>14380681
>>14380694
>>14380739
Did that Punch Line game ever come out?
>>
>>14380732
I looked it up,

The KnM secret is a rather strong unit since he has 4300 power and the Orochi damage modifier on top of HP and EN Regen.

Alion caps at 4300 but has a 1-2 finisher instead which is neat.

Zambot gets a finisher that's stronger than Ion Cannon but it has to compete with the 1-1 spot like the KnM secret.
>>
File: KnM Secret Guy..png (284 KB, 933x673) Image search: [Google]
KnM Secret Guy..png
284 KB, 933x673
>>14380732
He's alright, I guess. Probably made to live because he's somebody's brother...or something? I dunno.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-06-20-16-31-57.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-06-20-16-31-57.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
Well that's the first time I've ever gotten all 5 pieces of a non-big event SSR.
>>
>>14380800
Yeah, that's the male MC's (or closest thing to it) older brother.
>>
>>14380800
>5800 power with a damage booster
So even if Alion has about the same base power, he'll hit harder. I haven't looked at spirits yet though.
>>
http://srwog-md.suparobo.jp/mechanic/

>NOW PRINTING

What did they mean by this?
>>
>>14380803
Bilbine works like a big event SSR, you even need to get 3 copies of it to get all its abilities.
>>
>>14380843
"we couldn't be fucked to recolor the Exbein Gunner's art red" is what they meant
>>
>>14380803
Why is that? and didn't you get Dunbine before Billbine?
>>
>>14380843
They're 3D-printing the robots.
>>
>>14380849
When I say big event SSR, I mean the kind where they hand you 4/5 and the 5th one requires you to limit break enough R's and SR's, instead of leaving the rest in the event gacha. I managed to get really lucky on all the gacha draws for this one.
>>
File: Shura Secret.png (277 KB, 931x672) Image search: [Google]
Shura Secret.png
277 KB, 931x672
>>14380837
For comparison.
>>
>>14380857
All you need is 400 Ticket's, that's not luck.
>>
>>14380865
There was no way I was gonna grind out an additional 400, I got the 1 free one for limit breaking the Dunbine, and the rest were from the 5 for 5 draws.
>>
>>14380858
5800 x 1.25 x 2 = 14500
5800 x 2.5 = 14500 (17400 if Soul is 3x)

So its really down to whether or not you want better burst damage (Alion and Zambot) or more consistent damage (KnM)
>>
>>14380868
>no way I was gonna grind out an additional 400
It's not hard to do, you only need to play for half a day with zero AP Potions. Point is this isn't a luck-based event, you're luck was irrelevant.

All you need for this event is a small amount of time.
>>
EXTRACTOR
>>
>>14380895
Extractor no extracting!
>>
>>14380579
>I tried to look for them on the OST but no luck.
Because they were released separately, KOTOKO is a pretty big name and funnily enough it was her music for that show which pretty much made her mainstream in the first place after a long time doing VN themes. Baldr Force being one of the other mecha related series she's worked on.

https://youtu.be/YHfGu1_04rM
https://youtu.be/F0gj0n7chtw
https://youtu.be/v7MTzsD_IP8

Re-Sublimity was like her second ever Single and made the top 10 in the music charts which was a big thing for anisong artists at that time.

Here is the insert song at least the other anon mentioned to save you some trouble.

https://a.desu.sh/wzcmku.mp3
>>
>>14380878
For 400 tickets? When the most you can get for spending 20 AP is 5? And it takes over an hour to get that back?
>>
>>14380876
Guess so. At least in this case it's a smaller range of choices. Compare to GS, which, when you try it, is going to have this as a range of secrets...

Char's Zaku, the Zeong, Waverirder Attack, Puru/Puru2 (they always join, but it's a secret to get their Jagd Doga and Queen Mantha respectively), Quess and the S Gundam, then the Ex-S Gundam, the F90, Chronicle and the Doggora Kai, the Gotoratan(?), some kind of Knight V Gundam, a special attack "電龍衝撃波" for V Gundam, Hamarn, Mashmar, and Chara, Lorelei and the Rhine X1, Minerva X, Powered Rocket Punch and Great Booster, Shin Getter, Richter, Megaborg Gidoga, the Leige Geios(?), God Voice, Dancoukogaken, Galaria, Todd, Sirbine and Silky, the Garaba, Ypsilon, a Bloodsucker, and the Belserga Testerossa.

Phew.
>>
>>14380912
Phew that's an awful lot of secrets. That game's going to give me an aneurysm.
>>
>>14380911
Let's see, if you're able to get 5 each time, and I have 66 ap, that's 15 per 4 hours. He said half a day so 45 a day. I'm not seeing it.
>>
>>14380906
Thanks anon. This'll make playing SRC way more fun.
>>
I can't remember the last time I got hyped over a JAM Project SRW song as I am over Shining Storm
>>
>>14380919
And that's IF you get 5. Sometimes the stage is uncooperative and only gives you 1. Rarely it's more cooperative and gives you 4, but mostly it's just 1 or 5.

So it's possible to spend 60 AP and get 3 tickets, and then have to wait four hours to get more without burning an AP part.

I'm getting a third one (second pull gives my last Dunbine - so that's a Bilbine - and then of course you get one for the 10 drop) and then I'm not bothering with those stages, the main ones cost half as much right now and that's a lot better for EXP.
>>
>>14380937
Yeah the event's basically over, I'm gonna be more focused spending my AP on those half off story missions like you, or getting unit quests out of the way.
>>
File: SRW Nova 8.png (61 KB, 749x364) Image search: [Google]
SRW Nova 8.png
61 KB, 749x364
With all of this KnM stuff the choice here is obvious.
>>
>>14380949
>or getting unit quests out of the way.

Unless you're actually using the units for those quests, table that until the third event, since it'll probably be one of those "do one stage each day until you get everything from it" events and there'll inevitably be extra AP to use.
>>
>>14380915
Even better, there's more route splits. The Queen Mantha, Ex-S, F90, Chronicle, Gotoratan, Knight V and V's special attack, Hamarn and her troupe, Lorelei, the extra Mazinger attacks, Shin Getter, Richter, Leige Geios, Dancoukogaken, Garaba, Ipsilon, and Berserga Testerossa are all locked under varying different route splits, some of them multiples.
>>
>I'll protect Himeko
>I'll protect Himeko

Ah yes nothing like a useless girl who has a pair of super popular and capable individuals fawning over her. And the thing about it is that I can already see Souma living a life of losing to Chikane no matter how much of a shit she may be at the end.
>>
>>14380958
Yeah that's a fair point, alot of it is just R's and below.
>>
>>14380978
Chikane actually does all that shit because she doesn't want Himeko to be the one who dies. It's one of those silly "forced by fate" plots.
>>
>>14380135
Skip Mazinger and Great because they don't carry over to Mazinkaiser or Shin Great.

Gaiking is fantastic, Rushbird is great, Jeeg is great, Linebarrel is forced deploy all the fucking time. Note that Iczer Robo is kind of buggy, I recommend just leaving the Iczers in their base forms, especially once they get their combo. Don't try to go past five bars on a first run, it's better to have a bunch of units at five bars than one at ten because partner bonuses upgrade at five bars. Notably both Big Shooters gain Air Rank A, which means you can put them with their respective Jeegs and the squad will be able to fly.
>>
>>14381006
>Iczer Robo is kind of buggy
Only if you get a game over, which really shouldn't happen considering how easy L is.
>>
>>14381025
And even if you do, oh no, it's not like you don't save every intermission anyway.

The glitch requires you to be using the Robos, Game Over, and then keep going instead of reloading save.
>>
>>14381025
>>14381040
What exactly happens if you keep going?
>>
File: futoquestion.jpg (180 KB, 945x945) Image search: [Google]
futoquestion.jpg
180 KB, 945x945
>>14381006
>Gaiking is fantastic
>Not Gaiking is Great
>>
>>14381045
Iczer Robo permanently loses its subpilot.
>>
>>14381045
You lose the subpilot until either:

A) If it's Iczer 1, and it's before the midgame period where 1 leaves (when you get 3), when you get it back it will be fixed.
B) New Game Plus.

Notably, Iczer... Sigma? The robo form for Iczer 2 - doesn't have that issue because Iczer 2 has no subpilot.
>>
>>14381048
Normal Gaiking is pretty damn strong. Combos with all the Gaiking side mechs (some of which, most notably Kill Jaguar and the Superior Stinger, are pretty good), power moves to the standard of the best Supers, pretty damn solid stats, and of course Flame Level 9.

The Great is what you use on the final turn after you've let Raiking and Vulking smash some enemies up.
>>
>>14380135
Anything you want.

SRW L is very fun but also super easy.
>>
>>14381049
>>14381053
That's a strange as fuck bug.
>>
>alpha gaiden
>missed that one skill point i needed to get the hi nu
>havent saved since stage 7
well time to kill myself
>>
>>14381075
Jokes on you, the HWS is better.
>>
>>14381075
Good news, anon, you don't need to kill yourself because the Hi Nu in Alpha Gaiden is FUCKING MISERABLE and you're better off using anything that isn't the Hi Nu.

Bad news, why don't you have every SR point if you're not specifically trying to do low SR point runs?
>>
>>14381075
Anything Nu related really isn't worth using in @G

In @1 though, Nu HWS is a nonstop trip to rapetown if you upgrade its Funnels
>>
>>14381087
because i just wanted enough sr points to get the secret units and i dont really feel like going for the smirk man ending because this is my first run
>>
>>14381094
Its @1 you can make anything to rape town.
>>
>>14381102
Not necesserily, they still need to at least have good base power and non-shit movement/EN/terrains
>>
>>14381102
I'd love to see someone manage that with the RX-78-2. Or the Methuss. Or a Rick Dias. Or the Zaku 2 Kai.
>>
>>14381123
>terrains
>Pilot is lock only to one unit
>The Unit has good terrains
>Pilot only has one A
>Actively bring the machine down
Why was this a thing in both PS1 Alphas
>>
>>14381160
Because fuck you for wanting to use any side characters ever.

Makes you wonder why they even bothered putting some of them in the game, like Jewdough's friends. They're all so bad in @1, besides Roux, yet they join so late.
>>
>>14380768
I think so.

No interest in it because the concept for Punchline sounded so damn retarded.
>>
>>14380768
Yes, it was bad.
>>
>>14381190
It ended up being your typical Uchikoshi plot anyway.
>>
>>14381160
It's a thing in literally all the old games.

Remember, Goshogun has and has always had at least an A in Space. It's Shingo that always inevitably brought it down.
>>
>Victory condition: Defeat all enemies
>kill boss
>everyone retreats
FUCKING STOP THIS SHIT OG
>>
>>14380937
>>14380911

You need 5 Billbine's a Total of 500 Tickets

You get 1 Billbine for limit breaking the Dunbine so 400 Tickets to go

Just for getting S-Rank in all stages is enough for 100 Ticket's only 300 more to go.

The Event goes on a Total of 9 day's, however the 1st day is only half a day, won't be counting and time spent in that period went to getting S-Rank's.

You also get a total of 10 Tickets just for a login, every day.

So you have 8 days to get 290 Tickets.

That is 36.25 Tickets a day.

Even if you are super unlucky and get only 1 Ticket.
the 10 AP gives you 1 ticket 100% of the time.

No to mention you start the day with full AP.

So, How do you not get enough Tickets to get Billbine?
>>
File: 2255.png (1 KB, 120x120) Image search: [Google]
2255.png
1 KB, 120x120
>>14381260
Get good
>>
>>14381260
They should stop making the retreating boss such a pain in the ass to deal with, use them less often, or simply have them explode but survive.

Almost all of 2nd OG was setting up your squad to kill bosses, and it got annoying.
>>
>>14381266
>the 10 AP gives you 1 ticket 100% of the time.

BULLSHIT IT DOES.
>>
>>14381268
>>14381273
But my problem wasn't with the boss, but that every other grunt retreated because I killed the boss?
Where's your reading comprehension?
>>
>>14381274
It did for me.
>>
>>14381291
It hasn't for me. None of the 10 AP ones did. I was at 99 tickets and played one of them three times and got one ticket out of it, and that was one of the better cost:effectiveness ratios I got.
>>
>KnM Episode 5
If only the rest of the anime was like this.
>>
>>14381006
>Iczer is in L
Holy shit I did not know that. Is it the original OVA Iczer, or from the 6-episode series, or what? Just watched the OVA on a whim yesterday, was sad it hadn't been in an SRW yet. Know what I'm playing after MXP, at least.
>>
>>14381297
Iczer-1 and Iczer-3
>>
So, what changes or options do really want in MD?

I just want an option that lets me play the animations in a twin separately, instead of split screens.
>>
>>14381297
The original Iczer 1 as well as Iczer 3. Not Iczelion though.

>>14381316
I really want the option to see SR points that aren't "complete X stage in Y turns" for 75% of the story.
>>
>>14381325
Go play Dark Prison then
>>
File: SRW Nova 9.png (70 KB, 743x543) Image search: [Google]
SRW Nova 9.png
70 KB, 743x543
>Two evil older brothers
This crossover's going places
>>
>>14381339
Anon asked what we wanted in MD, not what we wanted in games that came before MD.
>>
>>14381342
Are they going to team up to sex their younger brothers?
>>
>/co/ archives down so I can't read comics
>MD still a long time away

What a shitty day.
>>
>>14381223
>It's Shingo that always inevitably brought it down.
Is Banpresto subtlety telling us that it is our humanly that hold us back?
>>
>>14381389
Brush up on your /m/ backlog.
>>
File: portrait01749nv1.jpg (16 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
portrait01749nv1.jpg
16 KB, 256x256
>>14381409
>have bunch of srw backlog
>decided to play DQ II instead

For one its a short game so i can finish it before OGMD arrived
>>
File: Hell Dvorzack.png (335 KB, 932x672) Image search: [Google]
Hell Dvorzack.png
335 KB, 932x672
Much like Tessa piloting the Daikuu Maryuu, we have the most sensible of pilot-mecha decisions once again.
>>
>>14381417
When he was working with the Nazis, he got into Czech culture.

Makes sense.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 80

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.