[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/srwg/ Super Robot Wars General #793
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 43
File: The Two Blacks.jpg (66 KB, 600x254) Image search: [Google]
The Two Blacks.jpg
66 KB, 600x254
Previous Thread:
>>13636786

If you need help with any game try checking Akurasu for help:
http://akurasu.net/wiki/Super_Robot_Wars

Current status of the games availability in the English language as of the end of August 2014:
http://pastebin.com/Y1ND2asB

Detailed Version of Game Availability in English as of Late August 2015:
http://pastebin.com/crZFqXVk

Music Pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/dnBSQc3L

Bring Stabity's Quick Guide to Katakana:
http://pastebin.com/x6FmxFGk

Game Modification Pastebin
http://pastebin.com/BpnabbiH

Translated Plot Pastebin
http://pastebin.com/mXTM5K5z

Art Pastebin
http://pastebin.com/FpW9zx0P

Make your own SRW character Pastebin
http://pastebin.com/DBj6Nknk

If you wish to help with the SRW fan game they are always in need of more musicians and artists
Please contact the following e-mail: [email protected]
You may also reach them in IRC at #SRWEternity on Rizon.

You can also visit their website at: http://srw.eternitychan.org/
>>
can i habe srw d patch pls
>>
>>13642808
Fuck off Gatchan
>>
>>13642814
but i have cancer
>>
>>13642830
No, you are the cancer.
>>
>>13642830
Then you're probably gonna die waiting for it anon, it got cancelled ages ago.

You're not the first anon I've seen die waiting for things unfortunately.
>>
File: 9724206.jpg (150 KB, 800x760) Image search: [Google]
9724206.jpg
150 KB, 800x760
>>
You know I wonder how Shu will react to the Kung-Fu Granzon
>>
>>13642841
Unless he's taking about the nuruge patch
>>
Maya has literally become Jesus Yamato 2.0, MANUAL SNIPING EDITION
>>
>>13642866
The same way he reacts to everything, by smirking at it.
>>
Why do people say Soulgain is broken in 2nd OGs
>>
>>13642975
hits hard, has large HP regen, Axel has Soul, and Axel is one of two people who has attacker (no longer buyable in 2ndOG)
>>
>>13642916
rthats the one im talking about
>>
>>13642996
Pretty sure it's on akurasu
>>
There was an anon that wanted to get a capture card for the 3ds to record ux. Are you still here. Are you still interested in doing that?
>>
>>13642981
And Axel still has his boss stats.
>>
>>13643037
Unfortunately, I don't have any way of playing UX anymore.
>>
>>13642674
Mid is Ingrid
Right is Sylphie - the shopkeeper from Forgotten Worlds
and I don't remember the Left.

They're together because they appeared in PxZ2 of course so a character list would probably reveal the identity of the remaining person
>>
Do you think Barriers that reflect attack damage back at the enemy should be added to SRW?

I'd actually like GaoGaiGar doing that to a laser in game
>>
>>13643158
I think Uchuu Maoh did that in Z3
>>
>>13643081
What happened?
>>
>>13643158
There would probably need to be a bunch more attack properties so you can limit barriers from reflecting everything.

In Standard SRW, Beam/Non-Beam is basically the only candidate.

>>13643168
Maybe he accidentally updated his 3DS
>>
>>13643168
Updated like the silly little cherry boy I am.
>>
>>13643202
That sucks. I'd have chipped in for the fund to buy you the capture device.
>>
>>13643191
Well, I think it'd depend on the series.

Like for example with GaoGaiGar it'd have to be able to reflect a Beam attack of a certain damage value. If the Beam doesn't break the damage barrier it gets PROTECT SHADE'D and the damage is sent back to the enemy.

Or like in Fafner with how they have those Festum that can redirect damage so the enemy can take advantage as well. If you fail to do a significant amount of damage they don't take damage, repel the attack and you take damage instead.

You could even go so far as to have Martial Artist type characters able counter melee attacks too weak to damage them and the enemy gets damage instead.

It'd just be a unique way to add more individuality to the Barrier/Double Image system that'd show case some of the more distinct differences in how characters defend themselves
>>
>>13643228
Do you get the attempt to dodge the reflection though?
>>
>>13643228
The damage taken from the reflection shouldn't be too much. Maybe a tenth of the over all damage.
Otherwise, you'd deal a good 2000 damage to the enemy along with your counterattack.
>>
>>13643075
That's because he's the man
>>
>>13643231
If they could program it then yeah.

>>13643242
It'd depend on if you could dodge redirections or not. If you can't, then yeah taking a reduced damage amount would make sense. If you can though, I'd say a bonus 2000 is fine, and it'd force you to be cautious against just taking pot shots on certain enemies.
>>
>>13643202
Speaking of which, is it possible to use Ironhax on the latest update? I have information that it is, but also no information as to HOW it is possible. And I need to update because I need to put money into Pokémon Bank.
>>
>>13643259
When I updated to 10.3, which is the latest, Ironhax no longer worked.
Which firmware are you at now? If you're at, what, 9.2 or below, you can probably do an emuNAND, though I'm not sure if Pokemon Bank would work universally for both an emuNAND and a sysNAND.
>>
>>13643275
Whatever the standard was when Ironhax came out. 9.9 maybe?
>>
>>13643258
>If you can though, I'd say a bonus 2000 is fine, and it'd force you to be cautious against just taking pot shots on certain enemies.

I was more talking about from the standpoint of the enemies. The last thing these games need is free 2000-3000 damage to enemies when you're already going to be dealing in something like 5000-6000 in the early game with no weapon upgrades from a generic M unit, effectively boosting the total damage, with counterattacks, to possibly 8000-9000, possibly ten thousand even, and that's not counting a games as pissretarded easy as, say, BX, in which you are already dealing big fucking numbers with little to no weapon upgrades.

In that regard, I'd say dealing 150 damage instead of 1500 to enemies is fine.
>>
>>13643287
You can check your current firmware in the System Settings.

To update your 9.9/whatever to 10.3 and not fuck your Ironhax, you'd have to upgrade Ironhax to the 10.3 payloads.
I don't know how to do that myself, but you could probably find it by looking around with Google or even /vg/'s homebrew general.

That said, there's a lot of people saying that upgrading the payloads doesn't work, but there's also a lot of people confirming that they simply went through the process wrong.

So, while it seems like the only flaw is not updating properly, it's possible that there's still a slight chance that it may not work.
>>
>>13643332
Also, upgrading Ironhax to the 10.3 payloads is different from updating your 3DS's firmware to 10.3. Do not update your 3DS to 10.3 until after you have successfully upgraded Ironhax's payloads.
>>
>>13643306
>In that regard, I'd say dealing 150 damage instead of 1500 to enemies is fine.
150 damage is so completely negligible that this is basically going to be "flavor only"
>>
Just give any reflected attacks a -50 Hit modifier or something
>>
>>13643344
I'll take that over another game mechanic to turn an already hilariously easy series into an even easier fucking disaster.
>>
>>13643306
>BX, in which you are already dealing big fucking numbers with little to no weapon upgrades.
Only if you use nothing but your strongest 2 (maybe 3) attacks, and you're going to run out of juice a hell of a lot faster than if you'd upgraded your weapons and tried pacing yourself. Even so, "big fucking numbers" is a gross exaggeration, unless you consider something in the high 4 digits "big".
>>
>>13643361
The Diva, of all things, has no problem getting to five digits in BX.
>>
>>13643361
If you can OHKO every normal mook in the game, it's probably a big number, and by that logic 8500-9000 is pretty big. That said, not everyone can do it - only the big crit machines, the 2L things, and the things with 100% ludicrous stats are doing it with their spam moves.

Personally, I don't think the numbers are big enough unless you do what I did and turn God Raijin-Oh into a Final Fire spam machine.
>>
>>13643368
Well duh, size modifiers. Nadesico can do that just as easily. No matter how busted they are smaller units like SKL or GGG aren't gonna be seeing 10k on anything but their finishers if you aren't upgrading weapons.
>>
>>13643368
The Diva's a fucking 2L unit in a game where none of the enemy mooks go above M and a rather insignificant number of minibosses do.

ALL the battleships that aren't the WHY IS IT EVEN THERE machine can do that. ALL OF THEM. I tested it, most don't even need 5 upgrades to hit that shit on mooks with the average 2-7 move they all seem to have.
>>
>>13643371
I have extremely-high damage standards, and I've seen units with 15 upgrades fail to oneshot an 8500 HP Zonder with Sumeragi set as my tactician with a level 3 bonus.
>>
>>13643386
With what attack exactly, vulcans?
>>
>>13643392
Someone who was only around level 43-44 and using an attack in the mid-5000s. I don't remember who. Might've been Kio or Alto, and they both had Ignore Size.
>>
>>13643368
Isn't the Diva equipped with a close-to-Yamato-tier cannon?
>>
>>13643450
You only get that in like, the last 10 stages. For the rest of the game it's kinda weak compared to the other good ships.
>>
>>13643450
The stats on the Diva itself is solid, it's just Captain Anus has pretty sad stats.

She still isn't the Garchiaseseses helmed by Captain's Twin Brother though - that battleship is just sad.
>>
>>13643462
It never even autodeploys. It just sits there taking up space on your roster.
>>
>>13643468
They should have used Kati Mannequin's battleship, at least that would be something people might want to deploy.
>>
>>13643458
That finisher is also really, really fucking inaccurate, you'll NEED Strike to hit with it.

Diva's not so bad though. It's not as generally useful as the Nadesico or the Nahel, not as good offensively as the Quarter or Goraon, or as good at support as the Ptolemaios and Garan, but it justifies itself well enough if you feel like you want to use it.

IIRC it's the only battleship to ever have Soul access too. So that's a thing.
>>
>>13643800
Well you could always give Gunfight Lv9 to Einus to fix her accuracy issues, but why the hell would you do that when you could be dumping all of your Gunfight parts onto Yurika?
>>
>>13643890
Would be helpful for making sure Flit isn't horrifically underleveled when he finally joins as a Gundam pilot.
>>
>>13643900
Eh it's not so hard to get him caught up if you pair him with someone with a lot of SP and Gain and just spam it as much as possible. Even against grunts it's okay EXP.
>>
>>13643890
I spread my Gunfights around to the various people that use them, like Alto, Leon, J, Wizard Nu, Flit, Kaidou/Magami, and most of the battleships. This after Gorg got the first 9 though.

Doesn't fix that move's absolute piss accuracy though.
>>
>>13643905
Speaking of Gunfight, was there any SRW games where higher level of Gunfight extended the range of the unit's attacks, and Infight the movement range? I swear there was an entry that did that, but I couldn't remember which.
>>
>>13643912
OG in general does it. You can't buy Infight/Gunfight in 2ndOG anymore which is pretty dumb, since no one on your team gets Gunfight Lv9 naturally
>>
>>13643912
Quite a few games did that. Some of the OGs and AP I know did it, but there are others that I'm pretty sure did it as well.

BX doesn't though.
>>
>>13643924
I think this is a Post DS-Era Nintendo Handheld SRW thing to make In/Gunfight not raise Movement/Attack range.

Which kind of makes them rather awkward from L onwards that the only way to raise them is Pair Bonuses.
>>
>>13643922
git gud
>>
>>13643981
It's probably to emphasize Pair Bonuses and their effects, or possibly because they think getting +6 range on a mech might be slightly OP depending on the mech. Who can tell?
>>
What are some good unit pairs in L
>>
>>13644005
An obvious one that gets tossed around a lot is Build Angel/Boss Borot.

Aside from that most of my combos tend to be really dumb so don't take my advice.
>>
>>13644005
Altron/Infinite Justice
>>
>>13644005
Destiny Gundam + Eva 02
Legend or Strike Freedom Gundam + Eva 01
>>
So much for getting an SSR on each drop completion.
>>
>>13644133
Days 1, 3, 5 and 7 of the event net you the SSR on drop completion.
The event notice even points this out
>>
>>13642962
I can accept a female Jesus.
>>
>>13644005
Mazinkaiser/Great Mazinger.
>>
>>13644151
Yeah, and you get the last one as a login bonus on the last day. Not to mention that they throw EXP parts at you so you can turn Imber into a main unit ASAP.

That being said, I tried to sell the R Sazabi for S Chips.
>it's the only R not worth S Chips
>incidentally, SSR Gunbuster is worth THREE S Chips, while other SSRs are worth 20.
Fuck event units.
>>
>>13644226
>it's the only R not worth S Chips

Not true, EXP and Weapon parts are also not worth S Chips. But yeah, event units don't give you things like that.

>Not to mention that they throw EXP parts at you so you can turn Imber into a main unit ASAP.

Which is nice, but... it's still a Defender. Maybe the next event can be Shooter focused to as to make it useful - the enemies in the actual "get Imber" stage are interesting in that they pretty much can always stagger Attackers (which has the dual effect of making dodgy Attackers better than tanky ones - if I were still maining Exia, I'd fucking love that - and making Defenders actually useful.)
>>
>>13644248
Okay, the only R mech not worth S Chips.

>it's still a Defender
I don't mind that, since I already have a Shooter Zegapain. I liked the Defender Great Mazinger better, what with the range of his Breast Burn.
>>
>>13644248
At least we got a SSR Shooter Gunbuster, which is actually useful for the mod since you can just fast forward with a team of 4 shooters and get daily missions done fast.
>>
>>13644226
SR and SSR Sazabi are also not any worth S Chips.
>>
>>13644270
I don't have enough good Defenders to make a Defender/Shooter build work. I have Imber, an SSR Dancouga, and literally no SRs except Getter fucking 3 (and Getter 3's issues are well documented at this point)

>>13644272
SSR Shooter Gunbuster was nice. I will forever kick myself for not managing to get enough to limit break it any, but I couldn't get that damn mod to work and grinding in that event without anything to boost damage was completely impossible thanks to the fucking ludicrous HP totals.
>>
>>13644276
Well might as well get started on the mod now, no real reason not to. Might come in handy for the eventual VOTOMs event that'll never happen where you fight Ypsilon over and over again.
>>
File: Jesus Yamato.jpg (26 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
Jesus Yamato.jpg
26 KB, 256x256
Have you prayed today?
>>
>>13644286
I pray that Kira doesn't shoot my arms and legs off every day.
>>
>>13644281
It still refuses to install for me, and I have no idea how to fix that.

I just want to get it before Albegas gets an event, so that I may LIGHTSPEED ELECTRIC GOD more efficiently.
>>
>>13644290
He won't if you're a friend.
>>
>>13644286
I pray only to Demonbane.
>>
What's the best mobile suit for Quattro in Z1?
I'm going to be replaying Setsuko's route, but I'm wondering if there's something better to put him in without having to resuffle anyone else too much.

I've been spamming Nu Gundam's Fin Funnels so much, I'm actually going to give Amuro Focused Attack, so I'm going to keep him in it.
>>
>>13644459
Turn A fá Žam
>>
>>13644459
Z1's Hyaku Shiki is actually good
>>
Has there been a new SRW announced after X-Omega and BX?
>>
File: none.png (132 KB, 382x319) Image search: [Google]
none.png
132 KB, 382x319
>>13644468
>>
>>13644470
SRW wa mo shinderu
>>
>>13644466
Was the Hyaku Shiki ever bad?
>>
>>13644486
It's usually Mid-tier at best unless they actually bother to give us the glorious Hyaku Shiki Kai/Full Armor Hyaku Shiki Kai
>>
>>13644486
Hyaku Shiki in MX was pretty bad, Hyaku Shiki Kai was decent but below Nu, the problem with Hyaku is that you don't have any combo attacks or especially powerful attacks beside Mega Bazooka Launcher which was most of the time a mediocre MAP, so you can't hope to have anything else than a mook destroyer, which ain't bad mind you.
Z Hyaku was consistently good though, even if I preferred based SUMO, mostly because I preferred Harry though, Z Hyaku has an arguably better moveset.
>>
>>13644486
It's usually the king of "meh"
>>
In preparation for next week I need Christmas themes pics, start posting them if you want the OPs to get festive for the next week or so.
>>
File: 1432319875164.jpg (335 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1432319875164.jpg
335 KB, 1920x1200
O G 3 W H E N
>>
>>13644510
N E V E R
E
V
E
R
>>
How does anyone make it through this Dragonar mission in fucking MX Portable? Can't even make it through the first bunch of Gilgazmunes, and I've got another map and waves of reinforcements. Is this the shittiest mission in the game?
>>
>>13644609
Is that the one where you get ambushed during negotiations with Giganos or the one where the Dragonar boys get their upgrades?
I can't quite remember.
>>
>>13644459
I gave him Haman's Qubeley, which I guess doesn't really solve the problem of not having enough machines to go around... but I think I used Haman as Zeal Battery or something anyway.

>>13644466
It's a good unit but it's kind of a "niche" unit where you basically pull it out once in a while to use that 90EN ALL attack and I think that kind of wastes Quattro's general talent of being one of the best Newtypes in the game as usual
>>
New Queen's Gate Spiral Chaos when?
>>
>>13644620
Neither, it's the one where whatsisname's betrayed you because of his mum and all you've got is a bunch of UC characters at level 8 if you're me.

Am I going to sit here for weeks upgrading purus and megariders
>>
>>13644637
is this at the end of the game?
>>
>>13644628
I think that engine basically got shunted into Super Heroine Wars
>>
>>13644637
Ah, that's the final Dragonar one, yeah, you're pretty much fucked if you haven't been training some UC characters, though I made it with basically the Purus, Amuro and Quattro at level 30 or something, if you really have all of them at level 8 good luck though, because you still have to enter the base, make your way through it and fight Dorchenov.
It's not too hard though, just really long and tedious, the one where you get your OG upgrade is much worse, and you still gotta get to the EVA finale which is pretty tough even with maxed Rom.
>>
>>13644671
They somehow managed to make it shittier though, which is a feat in itself.
>>
>>13644637
>Benching a portion of the cast of MX even after they made you experience forced team splits way back in Scene 5
>>
>>13644673
don't you also have Getter G on that missin?
>>
>>13644678
Yes, I know, I didn't think they'd have the guts to do it a second time.
>>
>>13644673
>you still gotta get to the EVA finale which is pretty tough even with maxed Rom.
Do you mean "Asuka vs the World" or the next-to-last stage? Because in the former I just waited for my full team to arrive after Rom did (does he even have a turn or two by himself?).
>>
>>13644510
Why? Do you want Sumeragi to kill more people off screen?
>>
>>13644702
It's less "guts" and more "MX has too much brought-over idiocy from Impact".
>>
>>13644805
Name one SRW without force deploys (except SRW 1).
>>
>>13644804
Sumeragi killed Shuras and Raul's MC status already.
I wonder who is next.
>>
So, I want to start playing this games, but I don't know where I must start. And what Japanese language level need for this games?
>>
>>13644828
Original Generation

it got an official US release on the gBA
>>
>>13644828
ALWAYS GO WITH RELEASE ORDER.

The fully translated ones are 1, 2, 3, Alpha Gaiden, OG1, OG2 and J. Some others have partial patches.
>>
>>13644828
Start with Original Generation 1 then 2 for the GBA with the required Japanese proficiency of "none"... maybe even the Fantasy Maiden Wars games.

That should give you the basic gameplay of SRW because the menus are generally similar for most non-squad based games.

If you just want to play the Japanese ones for the gameplay, all you need is the ability to memorize certain Kanji characters that get used a lot - just playing the games long enough will eventually familiarize you to them. Learning the Katakana chart is also helpful for picking out names and very quick.

If you want to actually read the story, that's probably going to take a while
>>
>>13644825
Shura will be back... eventually.
>>
>>13644844
>ALWAYS GO WITH RELEASE ORDER.
Yeah, making him play the Winkysoft games is going to give him an awesome impression of this series
>>
>>13644844
>>13644845
Oh, thanks.
>>
>>13644846
Weren't they foreshadowed to return after they killed the FDX team?
>>
File: Irm.png (11 KB, 256x224) Image search: [Google]
Irm.png
11 KB, 256x224
>>13644848
But if he plays OG1 before 4 then he will never know that Irm originally had green hair, which is an important plot point.
>>
>>13644865
Ingram not-so-lookalike a best.
>>
File: 1418182927105.png (47 KB, 338x352) Image search: [Google]
1418182927105.png
47 KB, 338x352
>>13644865
>Rum Kajahara
>>
>>13644865
He'll also never know how fucking terrible the 4 originals used to look.
>>
>>13644628
It's happening. https://twitter.com/Questing_Moe
>>
Is there any way to gather up crystals in X-Omega? I've finished all the story and challenge missions, so those are right out.
>>
>>13644851
I think so.
>>
>>13645049
Do all the daily missions. That's how I've been getting the bulk of my crystals.
>>
>>13644459
Had him on Hyakku Shikki for the most part though there were times when I moved him towards Zeta, Turn A, and even Gold Sumo.

Amuro was pretty much everyone's slut for me as I had him, at level 99, be usually at Setsuko's squad or Roger's squad or he's helping out other UC characters to get to 99 with the repair grind trick or helping out Garrod to get to level 99 with the After War resupply mech (forgot the name) so that Tiffa comes in with a shit ton of SP for all of her spirit commands. Sometimes alongside Four.
>>
>>13644844
>2
When did that happen?
>>
>>13645035
What does this Twitter timeline have to do with anything?
>>
>>13644844
>play the original SRW first
But why
>>
>>13645112
almost one year ago, it was a Christmas surprise
>>
>>13645140
>NES
>Not GB
>>
>>13645124
"in a language you understand" is more important than "whether or not the game's any good", or so they say.
>>
>>13645152
I could not get the GB part to work
>>
>>13645074
OK, but that's just one a day.
>>
>>13645152
Most people use VBA for their GBA emulation, and it can't handle Famicom Mini things.
>>
>>13645140
>almost one year ago
But anon... it was 2 years ago.
>>
>>13645121
Read the thread that's in the pinned tweet. It's super mahou shoujo Wars.
>>
>>13645223
He's in denial because Gid promised a 3 fix and EX by the end of the year, and the year ended with nary a peep.
>>
File: 1428933090001.png (42 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
1428933090001.png
42 KB, 160x160
>>13645242
>2016-12 days
>Trusting Gideon
>>
>>13645180
Well, that's your only option at this point, unless you've got some outstanding missions that give crystals. X-O doesn't give you as much gacha currency as some other mobile games, and it doesn't help that the Friend Gasha is completely fucking worthless since the draw rate for Rs on that is so low it's useless, the R pool is way too fucking small right now, and you can't spend 2000 for a guaranteed R to sell for S-Chips (which you can do in Chain Chronicle).
>>
>>13645241
>RP
Wow it's nothing.
>>
>Linebarrel Chapter 83

it's not crying

something got into my eye

that's all
>>
So you can't save scum in the PS2 OGs or something? I've been trying to dodge this 19% attack that always hits for a while now.
>>
>>13645324
You cried.
>>
>>13645505
Just edit your HP instead.
>>
>>13645505
You can, the RNG seeds when you select an action (attack/dodge/defend) instead of when you start the action though. So quickload, switch from dodge to defend then back again, and see what happens.
>>
RIP Noriko's dad.
>>
>>13644823
Compact
>>
>>13645324
It's just the rain...

>Chapter 84
And the downpour begins at the end of this chapter....
>>
>>13643994
>gorg with old style infight / gunfight
>>
>>13643994
Well getting +4 range on the AGE-1 and Banshee pair I had going was pretty fun
>>
>>13644024
>Build Angel/Boss Borot.

really? I go with A Jeeg and their respective Build unit.

oh yeah, Tallgese and Koenig monster

same attack ranges and the monster gives EN Regen to the Tallgese
>>
>>13645783
Build Angel is the jet. You're thinking of the Big Shooters.
>>
>>13645808
oh shit, I am.

but why that combo?
>>
>>13645812
They both have Will Down on their finishers so they can cause like -30 Will to any boss every turn. Plus they fix each other's terrain ranks
>>
>>13645815
oh, didn't know that. I know every attack of Boss' has the Will Down requirement.

Might try that if I ever play L again
>>
>>13645815
Is Angel+Borot still a good combo in K? I've been using it.
>>
>>13645831
>Using pairs in K
>>
>>13645837
It's the only pair I actually use outside of combiners.
>>
OG3 when?
>>
What's with all those lewd designs on OG characters?
>>
>>13645837
You know that you can simply put someone with Rouse, Bless or Cheer in each pair, have them cast the spirit and then remove them from the stage during the first turn?
>>
>>13645858
You know how crowdfunding is the hot new thing? Bamco is trying that for OG3 but instead of money it's Akurasu edits

>>13645866
Waifu pandering.
>>
>>13645831
Partner bonuses aren't in K and Boss Borot is completely terrible until you give him 999 Skill, 999 Melee, 999 Accuracy, Counter, and major part assistance - at which point the Molga is still better. Build Angel isn't that good either.

Boss and co have good spirits, so that's worth deploying if you are doing it for that.
>>
>>13645883
When do you get the Molga? Does it have Will Down?
>>
>>13645883
None of the Mazinger units were any good in K.
>>
>>13645911
Mazinger itself was still a perfectly solid unit, just nothing special in a game with Danns and Strike Freedoms and certainly not compared to Mazinkaiser's showing in the rest of the DS games.
>>
When will SRW take a cue from Fire Emblem and pander with waifus?
>>
>>13645954
You say that like they haven't been waifu pandering since SRW2

It's only a matter of time until we get every possible female archetype
>>
>>13645954
You mean allowing the player to hook people up for in-game bonuses?
>>
>>13645958
If anything, the only thing that hasn't been exploited yet is pairing characters together, in order to have children.
>>
>>13645973
Now that sounds fun, kore ga.
>>
>>13645973
>If anything, the only thing that hasn't been exploited yet is pairing characters together

We got plenty of pairings, now children is a different story.
>>
File: og_100b.jpg (156 KB, 1000x707) Image search: [Google]
og_100b.jpg
156 KB, 1000x707
>>13645866
No idea.
>>
>>13645973
>If anything, the only thing that hasn't been exploited yet is pairing characters together

I don't think SRW in general has had any actual romantic pairing mechanics, aside from some specific cases tied to larger event triggers, like the Macross stuff in Alpha 1.

I don't think it'd work even for an OG game without rebooting everything though, since the actual pairings seem mostly very solidified at this point. And licensed games might run into issues with the license owners. Although, who knows...
>>
>>13646027
The only way I'd see it happening is if they made a standalone spinoff game with brand new original characters, yeah.
>>
>>13645982
Didn't the original pilot of the Falsaber in BX have a kid, who in turn becomes the MC?
>>
>>13646035
Yes but Youta was already around when Makoto died
>>
>>13646027
J was literally Choose Your Waifu: The Game.

And unsurprisingly, the best girl was the worst statistically.
>>
>>13646027
They'll have to do it sooner or later to catch up with the times. It doesn't even have to be the established couples, have some new budding OG characters for that purpose.
>>
>>13646064
Was Katia that bad? Damn...
>>
> Aquarion Logos ep 25
That final attack better make it in whenever Logos joins the franchise.
>>
Have they announced a new game yet?
>>
>>13646095
Yes.
>>
>>13646095
No
>>
>>13646095
Soon
>>
>>13646095
I don't know.
>>
>>13646068
There was literally no reason to ever pick her when Festenia buffs your damage and Melua buffs your movement range.

And it's not like your range of attack matters either when everything's suiciding into Granteed/Vorlent anyways. And then there's the Mobility buff, which is just lol SRW J.

She even has the outright worst spirit set:

Festenia: Guts/Fury/Spirit/Strike/Confuse/Rouse
Melua: Cheer/Trust/Focus/Devote/Enable/Renew
Katia: Bless/Fury/Snipe/Guard/Alert/Faith

Yeah I'm sure god damn Alert compares with Confuse and Enable.
>>
>>13646105
It's not like any of that shit matters if you're using Granteed. I went Katia and never regretted a thing.
>>
>>13646095

>>13644470
>>
>>13646105
But the only good thing about Melua is the Devote spirit.

>Have Melua use Devote six times on the Nadesico
>Have Minato use Devote three times on the Nadesico

Total SP change:
>Melua -180 SP
>Yurika +90 SP
>Ruri +90 SP
>Minato +0 SP
>Megumi +90 SP
>Jun +90 SP
>>
Randomly took a peek at /vg/ and saw Lune there. Apparently she's in some h-game that's not necessarily srw related. Gonna look it up to see if it's worth a fap.
>>
File: Daitarns.png (49 KB, 883x284) Image search: [Google]
Daitarns.png
49 KB, 883x284
Just messing around with the filter settings, which one looks better to you?
Left or right?
>>
>>13646105
On the other hand, Bless. And Weapon Range is fucking great, you can never have too much range.
>>
>>13646282
Arm Deceiver?
>>
>>13646313
Yeah, is it shit?
>>
>>13646284
Right. Left is blurry and gay.
>>
>>13646325
Interesting
Left is the default
Right is the "Simple 2X" filter
>>
>>13646324
no idea
>>
>>13646354
Gonna find out then. Wish me luck
>>
I don't suppose any of you guys know what the best place to upload a huge folder of pics to would be?
>>
>>13646064
>J was literally Choose Your Waifu: The Game.

Not really. I mean, there was the three choice mechanic with the originals, but, like I said above, it was something very specific and restricted, not a general mechanic.

There was the three choices of OG girls, but compare with Fire Emblem Awakening/Fates, since it's their success that makes people pop those suggestions. In those game, the avatar can pair up with any of the 20+ female characters - or you can play with a female avatar and pair up with any of the 20+ males. And you can also play match maker with 3/4 of the other units among themselves.
>>
>>13646368
Mediafire and Mega are always the best choices for uploading crap
>>
File: Grungust.jpg (70 KB, 512x224) Image search: [Google]
Grungust.jpg
70 KB, 512x224
Is this the shittiest OG mech?

>Those terrain rankings
>Those Will requirements
>Not enough EN to attack more than once
>470 armor while even the weakest Dunbine grunts mechs already 800 armor
>Low speed and thus low hit rate
>>
I'm hoping this video's quality is better than the others:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pS_nZ1A0C04
>>
File: vlcsnap-2015-09-03-03h31m45s982.png (468 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2015-09-03-03h31m45s982.png
468 KB, 1280x720
>>13646457
>Gurugas
>O Megare~Za~
>Bu~Sutona T Kuru
>>
>>13646457
Remember when SRW wasn't for casuals?
>>
>>13646472
Those are the correct translations. Atlus did it wrong.
>>
>>13646312
in a better balanced game, maybe.

Problem is, the other poster has pointed out how you don't need to snipe enemies from far away, and most players minmaxing already have the Original favorited, which sort of compensates for you not having Bless

I mean, it really doesn't matter since J is a piss-easy game, but y'know
>>
>>13646472
Break Cross
Omega Laser
Calamity Sword
Boost Knuckle
Grungust Beam
Calamity Sword - Darkness Slash

I can't be bothered to write the sword attacks in romaji.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QimS04zMtZQ

This looks better than most of Z3. What the hell happened?
>>
>>13646487
I hare to sound like /v/ but Z3 being on Vita
>>
>>13646482
But you can cast Bless on OTHER PEOPLE.
>>
>>13646495

That only explains the vid quality, the choreography problem is still unforgivable
>>
>>13646487
>most of Z3

You mean all of Z3.
>>
Watching some Banpreios vids to get hype for the inevitable OG3 announcement and there's stuff from 9 years ago.

Damn, I feel old.
>>
>>13646487
because MX team magic
>>
>>13646372
>>13646064
>>13646027
J and K has mini-choose your waifu mechanics I guess but IIRC they're barely romantic and I think that's the main problem if you want to actually sell the game on that.

I don't think it has to be super in-depth - it's not like Fire Emblem's version of "romantic development" is that great either but I think you can get away with say 3-4 possible love interests if you spice up the romance with some CGs and confession scenes with kissing or something. Not sure why SRW is just allergic to drawing CGs in general (Masou Kishin does it but it's on permanent "will never resolve love triangle" status)
>>
>>13646487
Z3 had much less time to be developed in, couldn't carry over much from past games because it was always blearily obvious when they did (Dan Nova), and was also on the Vita.
>>
>>13646653
Oh, on top of that - Banpresto just got a rash of what is either new animators or just plain bad animators across the board. BX has some pretty notable choreography issues too.
>>
File: youtube autists.png (14 KB, 635x244) Image search: [Google]
youtube autists.png
14 KB, 635x244
Come on Matt.
>>
>>13646387
Which one should I go with if the folder in question has almost 400 images and is about 200 megabytes in size? Or would it not matter?
>>
>>13646674
Both of those can hold up to GBs of files with no file size limits
>>
>>13646674
I think Mega is faster but Mediafire lasts a long time? I don't know, I have media links from almost a decade ago still working fine, don't know about Mega.

Mega has faster download speeds I think.
>>
>>13646662
holy christ matt is such a fucking faggot, I never had a problem with him in actual threads but every time I see him say some shit on youtube it is just atrocious
>>
>>13646685
>>13646689
Alright then. Hopefully I'll have it ready in time for the next Gyrozetter thread, though I'm wondering whether I should put the lewds in a separate folder from the regular stuff or not.
>>
>>13646662
I wouldn't call Matt a faggot. He seems like an okay guy. Just massively autistic.
>>
>>13646695
That's because some of that shit is from years ago before I became Learned.
>>
File: 54118726_p5_master1200.jpg (322 KB, 574x717) Image search: [Google]
54118726_p5_master1200.jpg
322 KB, 574x717
>>
File: 54118726_p3_master1200.jpg (115 KB, 360x480) Image search: [Google]
54118726_p3_master1200.jpg
115 KB, 360x480
>>
File: 1306407025061.jpg (71 KB, 359x1600) Image search: [Google]
1306407025061.jpg
71 KB, 359x1600
>>13646732
who and who?
>>
>>13646742
Saya and Rad Dad.
>>
>>13646727
Don't try and pretend as if though you're "Learned" now either dumbass.
>>
>>13646756
>as if though
>>
>>13646756
There was a period like a year or so ago where Matt actually played a bunch of the games and stopped being such a shitlord.
>>
>>13646762
Kusou Kishin: Shitlord of Elementals
>>
>>13646760
I don't get your point.
>>13646762
Whatever you say and want to believe.
>>
Stop bullying Matt he is pure!
>>
File: fufu.png (31 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
fufu.png
31 KB, 256x256
O G 3 W H E N
>>
>>13646786
Did you mean to say "as if you're learned" or "as though you're learned"?
>>
seeing this:
https://jii.moe/EyqMEWiSl.mp4

makes me wonder if there has been a combo attack were both people were voiced by the same character
>>
>>13646798
I said what I meant and meant what I said.
>>
>Irm fucking Ring
>Near his limit
>Time to Come plays
>>
File: b0130106.png (163 KB, 388x450) Image search: [Google]
b0130106.png
163 KB, 388x450
>>13646879
Irm is infertile.
>>
>>13646854
There's this unrelated thing also by Koyasu.

https://youtu.be/hmGwqD7s-PU?t=169
>>
>>13646879
>Near his limit

Irm has no limits.

Touma has limits, so that he may break them, but Irm does not.
>>
>>13646899
>that Zeta Beam

holy shit I didn't know his voice can crack that bad
>>
>>13646892
You would know, you whore.
>>
>>13646854
Qan [T] and Ultraman Zero do it in Lost Heroes 2.
>>
>>13646928
https://youtu.be/JAzdxsASzTM?t=139
>>
>>13646729
Who?
>>
>>13646974
Axel and Lemon
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 43

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.