[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi! I'm new to /lit/ and was wondering if you guys/gals
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
Hi! I'm new to /lit/ and was wondering if you guys/gals could point me to the more high regarded SteamPunk works of literature. No joking about corsets pls and ThankYou.
>>
File: ondskefull.gif (1 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
ondskefull.gif
1 MB, 320x180
No.
>>
>>8226054
see
>>8220529
>>
>>8226164
this.
>>
>>8226054

No
>>
>>8226054
The Difference Engine is the only "steampunk" book worthwhile
The genre is just a clusterfuck with no real conventions and many books aren't very good because nobody has any idea what to write about
Try some short story collections, they usually have at least one good story or two
>>
>>8226164
>>8226223
Why this was unexpected.
>>
>>8226229
True gentleman!
>>
Jules Verne? XIX century science fiction in general?
>>
>>8226054
There are no highly regarded steampunk works.
>>
>>8226054
Too blatant 0/10
>>
File: img_011.jpg (105 KB, 500x694) Image search: [Google]
img_011.jpg
105 KB, 500x694
Why does everyone involved in steampunk have such a fondness for timepieces when none of them look like they have anywhere to be?
>>
>>8227798
i lol'd
>>
>>8226054
Steampunk is more of an aesthetics than a genre.

And it is not the type of aesthetics that translate well to literature because of how useless the description of environment details are to storytelling.

You could easily read a novel from Tolstoy and pretend it is steampunk. The author wouldn't have added steampunk elements for the sole merit of them not contributing to storytelling at all.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.