[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone read this? Is it worth purchasing? I noticed it in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
Has anyone read this? Is it worth purchasing? I noticed it in my local bookshop yesterday and it has some good reviews online. While I understand it's not meant to be a scientific basis on gender dynamics in the modern era, I'm dissuaded by the potential pseudoscience opinions from an un-credible author (I can't find out much about his qualifications/experiences online, other than the website he runs).
>>
>>7981140
You can just read the website. Pretty sure it's all on there
>>
File: r9k.png (38 KB, 1140x742) Image search: [Google]
r9k.png
38 KB, 1140x742
I read parts of it and like it. It's just the content of his blog and I don't see how how cridibility or un-credibility regarding psychology matters much. He's just reflecting on observations with the principle of female hypergame in mind (women are aware that they are sexually desired by hundreds of guys they pass bye each day and thus their standards are to always date up). From there it's very basic argument and the conclusion and implied guide how to behave with women is thus the interesting aspect.
It's looking at things such as
http://imgur.com/r/ChangingRooms
and being honest enough to say that objectification isn't a purely male enterprise but might be biologically hard wired to everyone and related to value men and women are given or value they can obtain.
It's not a scientific text and it's merit is that the guy doesn't try to be politically correct.
>>
>>7982270
Here is an essay on the differences discussed from an academic

http://denisdutton.com/baumeister.htm

The Rational Male book then takes this anti-equality idea and makes it into an ideology. And then discusses personal relationships in terms of the alpha-beta meme
>>
I've read it. It can be an extremely helpful read if you're some kind of lost romantic. It's not really here to help you get a girlfriend as much as its here to tell you how to not act. It helps you pick yourself apart and find out what you're doing wrong with social life and all. I don't really consider it a self help book either. There are things to be learned from it.
>>
>>>/r9k/
>>
>>7982276

this essay is hilarious
>>
rollo is entirely unsuperior to heartiste. rollo constantly repeats his handful of good ideas. seriously, just look at his blog. it's the same shit again and again.
>>
>>7982335
Be more precise
>>
>>7982364
5x "possible"
11x "probably"
6x "maybe"
9x "I think"
7x "perhaps"
1x "I'm a musician"
0x "references"

wild and unfounded speculations into social history to draw the conclusion:

To summarize my main points: A few lucky men are at the top of society and enjoy the culture’s best rewards. Others, less fortunate, have their lives chewed up by it.

I.e., "chad fucked my girlfriend"

it's beautiful
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.