[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should everyone just start with this book? Yes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: TheHitchhikersGuideToTheGalaxy.jpg (55 KB, 948x1414) Image search: [Google]
TheHitchhikersGuideToTheGalaxy.jpg
55 KB, 948x1414
Should everyone just start with this book?

Yes
>>
just wondering what are your thoughts on the books in the series
I enjoyed the first one but quit like halfway through the 3rd book should I give it another try?
>>
File: 1423955399542.jpg (234 KB, 1024x921) Image search: [Google]
1423955399542.jpg
234 KB, 1024x921
>>7980737
>tfw when I haven't finished it, but I like it so much that I had to post on /lit/
>>
>>7980737
I read the series nearly ten years ago, so I don’t remember it too well, but from what I remember it becomes somewhat meandering and soon loses any semblance of plot it had, until it’s found again in the final book. That said, they are rather short, so if you enjoy them you might as well read them alll.
>>
>>7980732
I recommend it to anyone that asks me for any idea of what they should read. I've never re-read a book before, but I've alread read that series twice. I may have even enjoyed it more the second time.
>>
One of the worst books ever written, not even being edgy here.
>>
As long as you don't read "mostly harmless" yes.
>>
is it weird that people ask a question in a rhetorical way then answer it themselves?

why yes. yes it is.
>>
>>7982258
nice. i chuckled.
>>
Read it six times when I was a kid
>>
>>7980737
first two books are the best. then it starts to slip and be less funny.
>>
>>7982440
If I recall correctlt, I enjoyed 1,4, and the last the most. They're funny, but like other people have said they have quite a few weaknesses.
>>
i usually just recommend this book to people with no solid interest in literature but read other plebby genres
>>
>>7980732
It's great for getting people into reading.

>>7980737
I thought the first and fourth were the best, the second and third were alright, and the fifth was shit, especially after the excellent ending to the fourth. Douglas adams felt the same way about the fifth. He hated writing it.

>>7981853
see?

>>7981140
You'll always find people like this cunt on here who have some unfounded hatred for HHG. Don't listen to them. They've lost track of any middle ground between "Great literature" and "Worthless shit"
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.