[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is Pound /lit/s favorite poet? i see him praised a lot here,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (118 KB, 690x874) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
118 KB, 690x874
is Pound /lit/s favorite poet?

i see him praised a lot here, far more than any other poet.
>>
no

barely anyone here has read him

but barely anyone here reads any poetry so whatever

/lit/ doesn't have a favorite poet
>>
Poetry is for little faggot nancy boys that cry in their pillows
>>
>>7890295
He was a stupid traitor wannabe Italian with an ugly mustache that looked bad even for a fascist.
>>
Speaking of Pound, a few anons and I are trying to start a group-read of The Cantos. If you are interested in contributing, please go here: >>7889309
>>
No, he's just a meme. DFW is not anyone's favorite novelist.
>>
File: 1451864647711.png (319 KB, 534x388) Image search: [Google]
1451864647711.png
319 KB, 534x388
>>7890331
>dfw is not anyones favorite novelist
stay pleb friend
>>
>>7890330
Why must you bring shame to us all?
>>
His only good contribution to poetry was T.S. Eliot.
>>
>>7890345
Not him, but I couldn't stand IJ. Anything else by him that isn't on par with that?
>>
>>7890346
I-I just wanted to read a book with other people :(
>>
>>7890353
His late work is remarkably good, I doubt you have read him if you think his only contribution was his edit of The Waste Land
>>
I thought I hated Pound. As a person, as a poet, as a thinker.

Now I've been reading some later American poetry and I'm beginning to warm to Pound. There's still a lot I don't like about him, but now I'm beginning to appreciate how not awful he was compared to many of those who came after.
>>
Pound is one of my favourite poets of the 20th century. I think Cathay is one of the masterful achievements of translation into English.
>>
>>7890295
very problematic author.
>>
>>7890295

/lit/'s favourite poet would probably be Shakespeare.
>>
>>7890314
This
>>
>>7890850
>implying more than 5% of the posters here have read more than 10 plays/a handful of sonnets

lol

daily reminder more people here have read IJ than they've read the collected works of shakespeare, or even half of it
>>
[Leave me alone]
>>
>>7890295
Pound is /po(l)it/s favorite poet simply on the basis of his association with the Axis during WWII. And I don't think most of them have even actually read his poems.

As for /lit/s actual favorite poet, there isn't one, because the fraction of /lit/ users who read any sort of poetry beyond the Greek memes is infinitesimally tiny. You could say it's Homer though just because more people here have probably at least pretended to read the Iliad and Odyssey than any other poetic works.
>>
yes

>inb4 triggered autists
>>
File: 1451522572192.png (192 KB, 376x390) Image search: [Google]
1451522572192.png
192 KB, 376x390
>>7890857
>>7890892
>>7890307

>mfw all the people who are bitching and moaning about /lit never having read anything aren't any more well read than anyone else on this board
>>
>>7890911
>projecting this hard
>>
>>7890911
Well, I wouldn't claim to be that well-read since I only seriously got into reading things that aren't garbage about a year or two ago, but I've read a couple of hundred "canonical" books since then, so whatever.
>>
File: 1451540729844.png (1 MB, 856x894) Image search: [Google]
1451540729844.png
1 MB, 856x894
>>7890913
>mfw I'm called out about projecting by people who were projecting about the rest of /lit
>>
>>7890936
its not projecting and more logical conclusions based on years of observation. all evidence points to a very small portion of this board actually having any serious interest/knowledge of poetry
>>
>>7890295
'Pound' is certainly your mom's favorite activity.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.