[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there an alternative to Goodreads that's patrician-tier?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: screenshotgoodreads.jpg (321 KB, 1883x927) Image search: [Google]
screenshotgoodreads.jpg
321 KB, 1883x927
Is there an alternative to Goodreads that's patrician-tier?

I don't want to see lists of "popular" books everywhere. I want taste similar to my own and that means taste which excludes Donna Tartt.
>>
no.
>>
>>7706518
add people wit patrician taste you dingus, like the handsome sebastian.
>>
Every moment that you have to be near real, sexualyl active people must be a living hell.
>>
I just created on account on this yesterday

Do you fedoralords use it?
>>
>>7706529
it is, it is. but that doesn't make A Secret History a good book!
>>
>>7706518
Goodreads isn't for talking to people. It's for finding books you may have never heard of and keeping track of what you've read. If you make a point of only adding things that aren't shit it'll automatically give you some recommendations that don't suck. Just ignore most of the people there because they're borderline-illiterate retards.
>>
>>7706539
how do I find a good biography of Picasso? Or cubism in general?
>>
>>7706536
I feel your pain, senpai. The Alchemist re commendations and Clive Cussler bum me out.
>>
>>7706533
just to put down books I want to read. nothing else.
>>
There are decent lists but you have to scour for them. Take any decent work and go to its less popular lists and follow the rabbit hole down. Like I could probably find something titled 'Infinity and labyrinths in literature' or 'postmodern latin lit' if I were to check lists on Borges, which would likely include interesting recs.
>>
>>7706518
R/books
>>
>>7706541
> Just google it <
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.