[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why isn't self confidence natural? We aren't born with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: black.png (8 KB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
black.png
8 KB, 2000x1333
Why isn't self confidence natural? We aren't born with self confidence, we develop it by the way we think.
Why does my self confidence rely on me thinking I'm superior to all others?
And when I don't think I'm superior to others, I develop somewhat of an inferiority complex.

What relation does self confidence have to philosophy?
>>
>>7394456
>self confidence relies on thinking i'm superior to others

hello teenager how are you

self confidence relates to philosophy because you can sit up and say "nothing matters. There's no point behind life, i provide my reasons to live as I so define them." you go out and you do your thing because it's what you know you can do and what you want to do and you know you do it the way you want it done. If other people don't like it, that's their own problem

Ubermensch style
>>
>>7394456
Self-confidence is when you own Others, you make the play they react. Self-confidence is an attitude you insert into your external being in the world in which you neither fear nor fret over possible subordination of your projection into the outside.

>Why does my self confidence rely on me thinking I'm superior to all others?
This is because the confidence I mentioned is at the expense of the Other, you don't neccessarily subordinate them but the nature of being-in-the-world inevitably (given enough time) results in one dominating the will of the others, making him a Subject to yours.

>And when I don't think I'm superior to others, I develop somewhat of an inferiority complex.
This is just the vice-versa.

Put a cuter picture next time, anime girls hardly ever go wrong.
>>
>>7394477
so my thoughts of feeling superior to others is confidence? having a conversation with others and thinking that i am in control, and that they are... somewhat below me, that's confidence?
>>
>>7394498
You definitely can't feel like others are above you. You have to feel at least equal to someone you're talking to, or else you'll come off as less confident. You shouldn't think of everyone as a retard either. The most confident you should feel is like you're a cool uncle talking to your nephews or younger cousins, or maybe like you're that popular kid in school that was still pretty nice and friendly to the average kids. If you go overboard it's not confidence, but cockiness, which is very unlikable.
>>
>>7394571
I would never actually express my cocky thoughts, it would simply just be my thoughts.
>>
narcissism: the thread
>>
>>7394587
funny crack but it is serious.

don't feel inferior just to please other people.

if you dont love yourself, who will?
>>
>>7394498
No no. It is when you feel and conjointly act superior in the regard that you are in charge of the possible outcomes of the encounters -- you dictate the expectations for them, they simply react to your will. You are only superior in the sense that whilst you and them are communicating are not anxious over their actions, and as a result of your projected behaviour they might be to that to you.

But really placing a dichotomy of superior/inferior is misleading, it can only be so in the assumption that both actually care/are invested into the exchange of wills. The one who does not care about the presence of the Other is the "winner" even if the the one that has the capacity for domination of the supposed joint meshing of two beings has it -- it emans nothing if the Other doesn't care.

Not caring can be self-confidence too, as they are secure in their being ipso facto that the Other is no threat.

Claiming superiority in this matter is juvenile, if not completely wrong. It implies a big investment in the form of a value judgement on an arbitrary matter.

Pure self-confidence implies a guarding against potential influx of possible benefitial data.

Wanting to dominate these exchanges is not only pointless arrogant in nature but also bad in the long run. Learn to live with some anxiety -- external being is not supposed to be one-way traffic.
>>
self confidence is the result of years of positive reinforcement. you don't just suddenly will yourself to be confident.
>>
>>7394456
>Why isn't self confidence natural? We aren't born with self confidence, we develop it by the way we think.
Thats probably debatable. But confidence is developed in early childhood trough attachment and interaction with your parents. You learn to see your self trough others eyes and if your mothers eyes never mirrored you in that way that made you feel loved then you never got that message that you are ok, lovable and valuable just like you are.

Thats known a counter attacking. You feel inferior so you counter that by thinking you are superior. Thats not what confidence is.

>And when I don't think I'm superior to others, I develop somewhat of an inferiority complex.
You thinking that are better then others to feel ok about your self is a part of your inferiority complex.

You might need a psychologist not a philosopher. And depending on your situation you probably need to take action and not read theory. You need something tangible to base your self worth on as well.
>>
>>7394456
just my own opinion from my experience

>Why isn't self confidence natural?
it is when you're doing what you know that you're supposed to be doing
because you're not confident and probably not doing what you're supposed to be doing
because you're not confident and probably not doing what you're supposed to be doing
>>
see this thread >>7395502
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.