[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Reading some genre trash >"Damn, I could write better
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
>Reading some genre trash
>"Damn, I could write better than this"
>Sit down and write for 30 minutes
>Read it over
>It's genre trash

Is getting published a matter of just not caring that you're writing genre trash?
>>
>>8069150
See >>8068898

Gaddis was absolutely right about everything.
>>
>>8069155

And what exactly was Gaddis right about?
>>
A lot of genre writers have lengthy histories with writers and books of that genre. Is this history necessary? I dunno, but I imagine sucess is only aided by knowing your audience and their likes and their expectations.

I will add as an aside that many grass roots genre writers seem to start out now on Internet forums specifically geared toward that niche. They'll share samples of their work with the other members and get the ball rolling in that way. Once you garner some interest, it costs you nothing to put a book on Amazon and have that established community buy some copies and leave you good reviews.
>>
>>8069165
That the average writer and reader are both halfwit mongoloids.
>>
>>8069150

Modern publishing is like Modern art in that you often hear the conversation of:
>"I could have done that"
>"Yeah, but you didn't"
>>
>>8069230

reader. yes. but given the hoops one had to jump back in the day before self-publishing, I wouldn't say the average writer is a halfwit.
>>
>>8071149
>back in the day before self-publishing
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leaves_of_Grass
>Publisher Self
So before 1855?
>>
>>8072006

Don't be obnoxious, anon.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.