[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
-Yeah. So this guy is only wearing a pair of dungarees, tight-fitting,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: ErnieMemeingway.jpg (69 KB, 900x743) Image search: [Google]
ErnieMemeingway.jpg
69 KB, 900x743
-Yeah. So this guy is only wearing a pair of dungarees, tight-fitting, see? He's well-built, wearing a pair of tight-fitting dungarees. You got that?
-Yes.
-How do you say it?
-He was a well-built fellow wearing tight-fitting dungarees.
-O.K. So he goes into town and finds a girl in a bar. She wants to go to bed with him. But he can't take no chances on account of that cargo. The police, see? The girl visits him at his house, but he can't take no chances. So he tells her, take it easy . . . Jesse stopped and looked at Otto. -You're goin to get paid for this and I ain't goin to get nothin.
-I've never sold anything yet, Otto said.
-Yeah. Well you can sell this, see. This is what people like to read about. Where was I? O.K. So she wants to stay, but he wants everything he has in his mind for shark-fishing. Chilano Bay, that's the place for shark-fishing. So he dives for sharks. The white ones and the nigger sharks. Those are the black ones. They don't kill the white ones, but he'll do it, see? He's not scared. He'll dive for any shark. Period.
Otto waited.
-How's that? asked the author.
-Well it isn't quite a story yet . . .
-What do you mean it isn't a story. You think I don't know what a story is? This is what people like to read about, realism, real men doing something, not a lot of crap in fancy trimmings.
You get me?
-Yes I . . .
-You're goin to get paid for it and I ain't goin to get nothin.
Jesse returned to admiring his chest.
>>
>>8068898
I remember you.
>>
>>8068898
This is probably how the old man and the sea was written.
>>
>>8068898
I see you gave barely got a quarter of the way into the recognitions. post once you finish it fsgghhhhhhhhhhot
>>
File: william-gaddiss-quotes-2.jpg (70 KB, 400x488) Image search: [Google]
william-gaddiss-quotes-2.jpg
70 KB, 400x488
Just about anyone can say this, in fact, Gaddis sucks.
>>
>>8068898
LMAO HEMINGWAY BTFO
seriously though was >muh iceberg an excuse for shitty writing?
>>
>>8069373
Yes.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.