[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What triggers your gender disphoria?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: Screenshot_2016-06-26-22-38-28.png (448 KB, 480x854) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-06-26-22-38-28.png
448 KB, 480x854
All kind of body hair or facial hair triggers mine so hard. I reached the point i feel disgusting touching my face or shaving any part of me.
The other one are my genitals, im constantly wearing long shirts cause i use then to cover me as a skirt.
>>
You know, I'm not even sure I have dysphoria but at the same time I obsessively dream of becoming a woman and feel bad about being a man. Touching my facial hair makes me physically shudder and feel a certain cold feeling of disgust.
>>
>>6506805
Thats dysphoria honey
>>
>>6506820
Yeah, sounds like it, but there are some days in which I'm mostly fine and I don't outright hate my body. Touching my genitals doesn't trigger anything.

I'm also [fakespoiler]AGP[/fakespoiler] so I doubt double hard.
>>
>>6506888
>Yeah, sounds like it, but there are some days in which I'm mostly fine and I don't outright hate my body. Touching my genitals doesn't trigger anything.
That's pretty normal for a trans person. There will always be good days and bad days. Also you don't have to have a burning desire to cut your dick off to be trans. You just need dysphoria, which you have.

>AGP
When will this bad meme end
>>
>>6506907
>That's pretty normal for a trans person. There will always be good days and bad days. Also you don't have to have a burning desire to cut your dick off to be trans. You just need dysphoria, which you have.
You could be right. I don't know anymore.

>When will this bad meme end
The problem is that until I've heard of this meme I thought I was just a pervert who's depressed for some unrelated reason. I agree most related research has been discredited but it at least somewhat matches my experience. Not in the whole shitty "btw transwomen transition to live out their sexual fantasies :^)" sense but.. well, see my post here
>>6476617
>>
>>6506931
I know it's not really the thread for this but I can't resist. The research hasn't been discredited, only deemed "insulting" which I find insulting
>>
>>6506946
I get where you're coming from but parts of it really don't stand up to rigor. It takes a correlation and turns it into a motivation. Just because a high amount of non-exclusively androphilic transwomen have had AGP fantasies before transitioning does not mean that those fantasies drove them to transition or that they shaped their sexuality. They could very well be a byproduct. It is a hell of a logical leap to make, especially given the consequences.
>>
>>6506931
Not sure how it relates to you, and not going to go harry agpg about it, but all of the trans women I've met IRL who were aroused by imagining various facets of living as/being a woman, very quickly saw that arousal vanish as they lived it. Certainly not immediately, but more and more as the weeks and months wore on.

There are numerous explanations for this. The typical AGP defense is that the fetish and sexuality of it can't survive without male hormone levels and is replaced by a more mature and less sexual "love for one's self as a woman".

The non-AGP explanation is that, like many taboo novelties, the mere fact of being an appealing taboo to break leads to excitation, which itself can rarely survive persistent exposure in life.

Regardless which explanation you settle on, when "women's underwear" becomes "my underwear", and "living as a woman" becomes "living", whether or not a fetish was the origin of the feelings of gender dysphoria, or those feelings found necessary relief through fetishistic behaviour, it becomes swiftly clear that the fetishistic aspect is only relevant for a short time into transition.
>>
>>6506953
The thing with psychology is that a ton of it is stuck in correlative studies. We just don't have the understanding of the brain to get really satisfying results. The fact that some people latch on to a "strawman" version and go
>see??!? They ARE all just degenerate perverts after all! To the gas chambers!
Doesn't really count as a discrediting.
>>
>>6506967
I know you're right. I read the words and I understand them. I don't feel any more confident though. I still feel like I might be somehow tricking myself into thinking I'm something I'm not.

Thanks for taking the time to try and help me anyhow.

>>6506974
I understand that we only have so many tools at our disposal but if we don't actually know something I think it is important to admit that. "I did a study which proves X" is a very different statement from "I did a study which shows a correlation between Y and Z and I think that X makes for a compelling explanation for why that's the case". There are other theories which are also compelling.
>>
>>6506974
The strongest discrediting factors are that, as a hypothesis, it's unfalsifiable (the only source of data can be, and has been, deemed unreliable in any cases that did not correspond to Blanchard's hypothesis), and that results proved impossible to reproduce, even by his students, in any environment other than Blanchard's clinic.

The phenomenon may yet exist, but it is clear that something is materially wrong with the typology that describes it, and it has not been addressed.
>>
>>6506996
I'm a transgirl and very happy an I still question whether I tricked myself into transition for the wrong reasons.
But at the same time I regularly get confirmation that I'm doing the right thing for the right reasons.
>>
>>6506996
I don't know what I can say to inspire confidence in you. For me, I reached a breaking point of accepting that I would have to transition eventually when it occurred to me that I would never be comfortable or satisfied as I was, despite all my best efforts. Now, I'm scared that things might not go well for me, but I'm only scared because I now feel that they MIGHT.

I'm not absolutely certain that doing this will lead me to happiness, success, and satisfaction, but I'm more sure than ever that doing otherwise simply could not have.
>>
Sorry for hijacking the thread OP.

>>6507012
>>6507050
Thank you. Hearing things like this helps.
>>
File: a face concerned.jpg (56 KB, 608x648) Image search: [Google]
a face concerned.jpg
56 KB, 608x648
>>6506805
>>6506820
wait that's dysphoria? Just that?
I thought it was like a foreign limb syndrome.
>>
when i reach for my dick and its not there.
>>
>>6508987
Me too, bro. I should never have gotten that vaginoplasty.
>>
>>6506953
What I don't understand is why it would be a bad thing if someone shaped their own sexuality. Don't they have that right?
>>
>>6508944
It's not like that, nor do most trans people think they are literally not the biological sex they were born as (unless they're too young to know any better). Although a significant number report having vivid fantasies/daydreams/dreams of being women.
>>
File: 1459022932880.jpg (56 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1459022932880.jpg
56 KB, 720x960
I fucking hate walking out into public and seeing women with perfectly small delicate shoulders and ribcages. I honestly can't leave me house without wanting to kill myself because of it

Can anyone relate?
>>
>>6509140
Just kill yourself, sloth monster.
>>
>>6509140
Yes. But I still go outside because despite being a suicidal tranny I'm not an agoraphobic NEET.
>>
>>6506801
seeing men with heavy brows. makes me vomit. i fixate on any testosterone induced features of both men and women and just stare because its fucking ugly.

women who can put weight on/get curves, and women with nice boobs and cleavage when they wear stuff. fuck your ability to put on body fat bitch. i never asked to be a 5'10" 12 year old girl in my late 20s.
>>
>>6509134
whelp got some more things to sort out now, as if I needed that
>>
>>6507008
sources?
the main reason we can't learn more is that "agp" is a verboten concept
>>
i have never seen better evidence of trannies being mentally ill than this thread lol
>>
>>6506801

I have the same kind. Intense if I see or think about any body hair below the eyebrows. Finally got enough for laser but it's taking too long. I'll probably end up doing electrolysis, but it's expensive and I would want my whole body done tbqhfp
>>
File: 15+Lisa+Armour+(Copy).jpg (12 KB, 131x200) Image search: [Google]
15+Lisa+Armour+(Copy).jpg
12 KB, 131x200
>Touching my face/body hair
>Getting an erection
>Going in to the mens washroom
>Getting acknoleged as a guy
However, the biggest trigger for me is seeing slightly above average looking girls. Like i'm a slightly above average looking guy (like 5.5/6 out of ten), so seeing what I would have looked like as a girl fucking kills me. For example, Wolf of Wall Street and Mean Girls are my two alltime favourite movies, and i've seen both of them over 15 times, and looking at Margot Robbie and Lindsey Lohan does nothing to me, cause even if I was born cis, I would never be that pretty. However, something like this picture I found on the internet absolutely kills me cause thats what I would have looked like as a girl, espcially considering my family heritage is Northern Irish.
>>
>>6509771
>man hates being a man and wants to be a woman
>not mentally ill
said noone ever
>>
I can't talk about my genitals or SRS because it makes me cry so much.
>>
>>6509140
Eh...Cis women dont make me as dysphoric as other, better, trans women. Like cis women just havent gone through what I have, so there is no value in judging myself based on them alone. That other trans women have gone through what I have, or often even worse, and yet still have better lives and "femininity" than I do, that is what makes me dysphoric.
>>
>>6508944
Has me wondering too.
>>
>>6509140
>be pre-T FTM
>tried to be a "lesbian" for years, failed
>think about MTFs who would be jealous of my petite ribcage and breasts

it hurts
>>
>>6506801
Same

Considering electrolysis. Recommendations, anything I should know?
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.