[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gay Gun Owners
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 18
File: wilson combat cqb.jpg (121 KB, 640x426) Image search: [Google]
wilson combat cqb.jpg
121 KB, 640x426
I've been a gun owner for a long time and while FL is a fresh and raw pain in all our hearts I'm at least glad that so many of us are getting serious about providing for our defense.

If any of you have any questions about carrying or purchasing a firearm ask away.

Who else /gay gun owner/ here?
>>
WA gay gun owner reporting in, if only other fags didn't tend to be sjws.
>>
How do i build one and spend the least amount of money doing it?

AR 15 or AR ripoff pref fám
>>
>tfw no armed American bf to protect your smile
>>
>>6370720

It used to be cheaper to build but these days it's about the same or more expensive. Hell, the only people I know who build choose to go for the most expensive options possible.

What's your budget?
>>
I'm from a a country where guns are very strictly controlled and I wish it was like that everywhere.

That said, if I had to live in a country with guns, which I have no intention of doing, I'd get some firearms training and get myself a gun, because not doing so would be plainly stupid.
>>
>>6370680
can a tranny own a gun to defend oneself? Or are you gunna say im to mentally ill like you do with everything else.
>>
>>6370747
50usd
>>
what's a good gun for someone who doesn't necessarily have a ton of money and has never shot a gun before?

i'm broke and i want to get one, but i don't want to end up with a POS that blows up in my hand
>>
>>6370760

Are you a felon, do you have a domestic violence conviction, have you been committed to a mental institution, do you intend to commit crimes with your firearm? If the answer to all of the above is no you can purchase a gun legally and I support you in doing so. The more legal and responsible gun owners the better, especially in our community.
>>
>>6370758
Didn't prevent mass shootings in france and belgium. Won't prevent it in UK and Germany too.

US has so many firearms that illegal firearms would be laying around for a few decades. A lot of illegal firearms are still around from the balkan wars in the 90's.

Have fun getting rid of 300+ million guns in a decade
>>
>>6370779

You're really not going to get anything worthwhile at that price range,definitely not an AR.

Save $100 more dollars and get a hipoint if you insist on being that cheap.

>>6370786

What's your budget?
>>
>>6370680
arizona getting a gun pretty soon
>>
>>6370760
The gun grabbing bunch will say that. Your mental illness does not make you violent and you are not a threat to us.
You deserve to be treated with basic respect
>>
>>6370824

I could probably muster up around $200-300
>>
>>6370809
Civilians having access to guns sure hasn't prevented them in the US, either.

I didn't say I push against guns, I just said I wish it was like that. It doesn't worry me that much.
>>
>>6370825

Where at? I'm in Chandler, happy to help if you need it.
>>
>>6370786
Tokarev M57
>9 bullets
>Weaker knockback than 9 mm
>Accurate and reliable
>200-250$ for a new one
>7.62x25 cheap bullets
>>
>>6370830
To be honest we're more likely to shoot ourselves than anyone else, and the only people we're like to shoot otherwise would be violent muslims or rednecks.
>>
>>6370844

hasn't prevented a mass shooting that i'm aware, but has saved plenty of innocent lives from armed break-ins, muggings, etc. you know, things that are much more likely to happen than a mass shooting.
>>
>>6370848
tucson.
what should i get as an entry level.
i know of a couple shooting ranges around here to practice at.
>>
>>6370857

thanks /pol/
>>
>>6370841

Some of the best beginner handguns fall in the $4-500 range (Glock, M&P, and XD being the most common standouts) if you were able to save a little more that would be ideal.

If you weren't hipoint, keltec, and ruger would fit your bill.
>>
>>6370870
Yeah, I agree on that, but the "prevent mass shootings" argument is moot.
>>
>>6370869
Blacks commit 52.5% of the murders.
Would you give up your privacy to fight terrorism?

A gun is a tool for weaker human beings to defend themselves. You ban guns and soon you get jailed for self defense in your owm home.
>>
>>6370885

Glock 19 or M&P 9mm are my favorite recommendations. Shoot ball/full metal jacket (fmj) ammo for practice and use jacketed hollow points (jhp) for your ammo when carrying. FMJ is cheaper but JHP has the best chance of incapacitating a threat.

Comp-tac, aliengear, and t-rex arms make good holsters.

www.thebeltman.net makes the best gun belts, you'll need a sturdy belt if you intend on carrying.
>>
>>6370680
I got my license to buy a gun recently, and I am planning on taking classes sometime soon before I actually buy a gun. I live a city with a fair amount of crime, so it would be crazy for me not to have one to protect my home.
>>
For anyone who doesn't know: use gunbot.net to buy ammo. It'll save you from overpaying.
>>
>>6370922

and i'll keep that in mind too - thanks!
>>
>>6371003

What are you looking at for guns?
>>
File: 1458363546727.gif (156 KB, 288x229) Image search: [Google]
1458363546727.gif
156 KB, 288x229
>tfw waiting for your commie state to process your FOID card application
>>
>>6370680
I will probably own a couple after I move to the US
>>
>>6370779
>50usd
Stow away on a ship to Africa and buy an AK for cheap over there.
>>
>>6371110
>living in a foid state
ouch, I moved from CA to AZ for just that reason
>>
the other week I was half joking that women and gays should arm themselves to fight for their rights / defend themselves with a gay friend.

"That joke isn't funny anymore."

I remember a high school teacher complaining about gun nuts and violence against women.

Student spoke up. He said his mother legally got a gun and needed it to defend herself from his dad who continually broke his restraining order. No wonder the kid was later caught drinking at school.

Around Boston I have kinda feared something like this would happen with some Christian nutbag from down south. I have seen some crazies from some southern church who came up to peacefully protest MA gay laws. Yet I know there are violent nutbags like this. Radical Islam nutbags have the same feelings about gays.
>>
File: muslims.png (3 MB, 3116x2656) Image search: [Google]
muslims.png
3 MB, 3116x2656
>>6371645
Get armed or get harmed
>>
No mass shootings prevented by gun owners.

Really makes you think.
>>
>>6371685
No, but single homicides are.
>>
>>6371685

Yes, it should be illegal to prevent gun owners from lawfully carrying in venues open to the public.
>>
>>6371685

How many mass shootings have been conducted in gun free zones where gun owners were not allowed to carry firearms?
>>
File: 12 inches a slave.png (1 MB, 1243x702) Image search: [Google]
12 inches a slave.png
1 MB, 1243x702
>can't own a gun because live in the (c)U(c)K
>>
better flex your amendment 2

don't want another homocaust now do you?
>>
>>6371685
>make it illegal to carry guns in your school/movie theater/club
>a criminal ignores this law and starts murdering people
>"Gun owners did nothing to prevent this"

Yeah, no shit, you made it illegal for anyone but the police to effectively defend themselves in these places.
>>
>>6370680
I'd like to own one, but I'm afraid I will end up shooting myself with it on a dark day.
>>
>>6371744

That's very responsible of you, I hope someday those kind of feels go away so you feel comfortable with a firearm.
>>
>>6371744
People think this, but if you end up killing yourself with a gun, you would have done it anyway through any of the numerous other options.

You have to actually want to kill yourself. There's a mental line in the sand you have to cross, that goes way beyond basic paranoia og "I might kill myself".
>>
>>6370680

Anybody who owns a gun is a racist homophobic islamophobic closet gay dumb hill billy with a tiny dick.

Real men don't own barbaric toys.
>>
>>6371744
If you can't trust yourself to not commit suicide, then you shouldn't own one for self defense.
>>
>>6370760
If some mudslime with ties to isis known by the fbi can go and buy a gun to shoot up a club with no problemo then you sure as hell can.
>>
Daily reminder that 0.004% of the US population are police. Of that number how many do you trust to defend lgbt lives? Relying on them to defend you is a mistake.
>>
I'd love a glock for carry and a pump shotgun for home defense but I live in an oppressive shithole of a country where only police or criminals have access to guns.
>>
>>6371743
School makes sense to me that you can't bring in a firearm since you are around a bunch of dumb kids who might get their hands on it.

I also kind of understand clubs since they sell alcohol and drugs are not hard to come by.
>>
>>6372000

There should be something like "designated drivers", but for carrying firearms.
>>
>>6372000

I attended a school which had armed guards. Never once did any kids even try to take them. It's really an overblown fear.

As for clubs it is illegal to possess firearms while under the influence of alcohol and drugs just as it's illegal to operate a motor vehicle similarly impaired.
>>
NY gun owner here, armed to the teeth as much as this shitty state will legally allow which is 10 guns max.

I cc a G19 or 1911 depending on how I'm feeling and keep a (legally stored) Benelli M4 in the car in case things really hit the fan. Not even gonna mention what I have at the house.
>>
File: sr9c.jpg (174 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
sr9c.jpg
174 KB, 1600x1200
>>6370786
Save up and get a Ruger SR9c.
>pretty cheap.
>lots of safeties.
>awesome trigger.
>Top Tier customer service.
>>
File: 20160523_003849.jpg (2 MB, 4160x2340) Image search: [Google]
20160523_003849.jpg
2 MB, 4160x2340
>>6370786
Taurus pt111 g2 millenium.
9mm 12 bullet capacity two mags included.

$249.00
>>
>>6372858

>Taurus
pls, no
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fn6GFSwTEw
>>
>>6373121
holy shit that's terrifying.
>>
>>6373199

Yeah, Taurus is not well known for their quality
>>
>>6370680
central fl medfag here, cwp and carry.
>>
File: 1461042864509.png (46 KB, 253x294) Image search: [Google]
1461042864509.png
46 KB, 253x294
>>6370680
how do you prevent from putting it to your head and pulling the trigger?
>>
File: image.jpg (514 KB, 640x939) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
514 KB, 640x939
>>6371781
>implying you wouldn't fuck a barbarian
>>
>>6370857
7.62 tok ammo being cheap... are you from the past?

And what the fuck is knock back? Are you talking about recoil. You clearly don't know what you are talking about.
>>
File: 112432.jpg (131 KB, 500x647) Image search: [Google]
112432.jpg
131 KB, 500x647
>>6374022
>Go to bed
>Put gun to head while sleeping alone
>Just contemplate life with gun to head
>Eventually decide to just go to sleep
>Repeat a few times for a few weeks
>Novelty wears off and stop putting gun to head

That's how it worked for me anyway.
>>
>>6371685

>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St_James_Church_massacre
>http://www.wnd.com/2015/06/hero-of-1993-church-attack-calls-for-being-armed/
>http://www.sahistory.org.za/archive/trc-reports-st-james-church-massacre-video
>Van Wyk was in the congregation in Cape Town, South Africa, in 1993 when terrorists burst into St. James Church loaded up with shrapnel-coated grenades and automatic weapons and attacked.
>Eleven people were killed almost immediately in the congregation of about 1,000. But Van Wyk, sitting only a few rows from the back, pulled out his snub-nose .38 revolver and fired two shots at the attackers.
>One of the terrorists, who later admitted their intention was to kill as many as they could, was hit, but Van Wyk didn’t realize that until later, because he quickly withdrew from the building and circled around back, trying to get behind the terrorists.
>But they already were in a vehicle fleeing.
At least 3 attackers with AK-47s and grenades, and their attack was halted by one man with a handgun that has less punch and capacity than even a single stack 9mm, saving countless lives.

I have numerous other examples with source links if you would like.
>>
File: Guns_Shooter_Victim.jpg (370 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Guns_Shooter_Victim.jpg
370 KB, 1080x1920
>>6371685
>>
File: rps20160612_205340.jpg (46 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
rps20160612_205340.jpg
46 KB, 1280x720
I carry this everyday. Don't ever let anyone tell you your right to self defense is up for debate.
>>
File: ayo.jpg (144 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ayo.jpg
144 KB, 1920x1080
yo nigga all you need is a fawty five
>>
>>6371780
>owning a gun doesn't make it easier for people with depression to kill themselves
>>
>>6370680
mtf
not a gun owner atm but have handled/fired them

looking into it soon and was before this happened. I just want a decent pistol. My budget is pretty shit right now, like maybe $250 shit.
Revolver vs semi auto?

I want something easy to conceal as well, so something relatively small but not weak as shit
>>
>>6374474
Modern semi-autos are basically categorically better than revolvers. $250 for gun, ammo and holster is a bit tricky, but I think you could get a Ruger LCP for about that price if you used slickguns.com and a local FFL.

Depending on your state you are going to need a license to carry legally, and if so you're likely to need to take a class. That can run some cash as well. Tell me your state and I can tell you more info.
>>
>>6374511
I live in Lolklahoma

We're basically just North Texas
>>
File: Poor_Guns.jpg (4 MB, 3900x5008) Image search: [Google]
Poor_Guns.jpg
4 MB, 3900x5008
>>6374474
>>
File: fatal to non fatal.png (74 KB, 630x453) Image search: [Google]
fatal to non fatal.png
74 KB, 630x453
>>6371780
>You have to actually want to kill yourself.

wanting to kill oneself doesn't absolve you of your survival instincts or fear, m8. suicide is a desperate choice taken when one's back feels like it's against a wall. it's the difference between waiting for the flames to take you, or deciding to jump.

guns are appealing because of their reliability and speed. while suffocation is #2 in lethality, the human body tends to thrash about once you become unconscious so you'd have to be able to make a lot of noise & be unbothered for ~20 minutes

on top of that, a failed attempt means a good chance of having organ damage, mental retardation, paralysis, etc. as well as a mandatory mental health stay for many weeks, or even months, after the attempt.
>>
>>6374543
god bless u
>>
>>6374514
Drat, sorry. Okies have to pay $100 for the license along with whatever their carry course charges (up north of you where I'm at it's usually $75-100).

You need the permit to carry or you're looking at a felony firearms charge if caught.
>>
File: Tay.png (138 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Tay.png
138 KB, 500x500
>>6374569
No prob
>>
>>6374584
Thanks, I can probably manage this somehow
>>
>>6374674
Here are some helpful links for you. Best of luck anon, it really is empowering to know that you can keep yourself from getting bashed.

http://www.usacarry.com/oklahoma_concealed_carry_permit_information.html

https://www.ok.gov/osbi/Handgun_Licensing/How_to_apply/
>>
>>6371685
>mass shooting defined by 3 or more people getting shot by the same peron
>someone with a gun stops people getting shot
>not reported as a mass shooting

Christ, I hate liberal faggots so fucking much.
>>
>>6371685
No mass shootings prevented by "no guns allowed" signs.

Really makes you think ;-)
>>
>>6371744
I have one and I still consider it every once in a while. Part of the reason I don't is because it would be antithetical to all the anti-gun control arguments I make. And it's a shotgun, so I'd be too scared to do it, and I wouldn't want my mom to have to identify the mangled corpse it would leave.

So uh, I guess I recommend not getting one. Or if you do, make sure the idea of shooting yourself with it terrifies you.
>>
>>6375730
That's why I have a canister of helium and an oxygen mask in storage. thanks /r9k/ for providing one useful thing.
>>
>>6371283
i live in california and it literally took me 20 minutes to get my card, day of purchase no less
>>
File: whyfuckinglive.jpg (237 KB, 905x555) Image search: [Google]
whyfuckinglive.jpg
237 KB, 905x555
>>6375846
>nj
>it's been a month
>call up lawyer
>yeah they technically have to do it within 30 days but the judge will just throw it out and keep you in limbo
>>
File: the difference.jpg (162 KB, 630x1080) Image search: [Google]
the difference.jpg
162 KB, 630x1080
>>6375872
quick tips
>always know your state laws.
>practice makes perfect
>it helps to shoot with a couple of friends cheaper too
>join the pink pistols as I've stated on another post
>accept that some people aren't nice and cant be reason with
>owning a gun is a responsibility.not something to do on a whim or fear. you must accept that if the need arises or are forced you might need to end someones life. you must be 1000% ok with this. no regrets. having second thoughts in a situation like that is either life or death.
you can either chose to be a victim or never again.

any questions?
>>
>>6370779
>50usd

You can barely afford ammo.
>>
>>6370809
>Won't prevent it in UK and Germany too.

Hasn't, both the UK and Germany have had their fair share of shooting and non shooting massacres since their respective bans on most firearm ownership.
>>
>>6370699
hi sara
>>
>>6371685
>No mass shootings prevented by gun owners.

Actually, there have been a fair amount.

One of the problems trying to determine it is because often the assailant will be down before they can even hurt anyone, it's hard to say if it'd be for sure, how do you measure things that don't happen?

Here's one example at least of a potential mass shooting stopped.

Guy with a gun starts shooting at a group, instead of being completely at the whim of the gunman for the 5-10 minutes it'd take for the cops to show up, guy is put down right away by a man with a CCW.

http://chicago.suntimes.com/news/uber-driver-shoots-man-who-allegedly-fired-at-group-on-logan-square-sidewalk/
>>
>>6371848

Even if all of them were superhuman paragons of justice, there is simply no way they can be everywhere at once and stop everything. Even on their best days, it takes somewhere around 5-10 minutes for the cops to show up, and you could be dead ten times over and the perp in the wind by the time they show up.

They'd get their just in time to take pictures of your corpse. Ultimately, your safety is your own responsibility.
>>
>>6376195
>allegedly
While I must agree that the pandora's box of gun ownership is already open in the US, the article you linked is not very good; only the prosecutor's argument is given, no other explanations or insights were offered as to what happened or may have happened were offered, etc.

This happened well over a full year ago. Surely you can find us a better link than that, anon.
>>
>>6376176
No. Britain has had like 7 on record since the 1800s.
>>
>>6370809
So it's not worth taking steps to rid our country of guns because it will take a while?
>>
>>6370936
Being convicted of 52.5% of murders is not the same as being responsible for 52.5% of murders.

It would be like saying that most drugs are used by black people because most people in jail for possession are black when we all know that it has more to with which communities are targeted for drug offenses and are more likely to receive jail time for said offenses.
>>
>>6371110
Illinois?
>>
>>6374130
rami? how does that conceal and shoot?
>>
>>6374474
Look at a Polish p64 or a Bulgarian makarov. 9x18 isn't as good as 9mm but it's better than .380 and comes in defensive loads. They're heavy but they are accurate and they go bang every time you hit the trigger.

Glad to see another mtf trying to into guns.
>>
>>6374474
Also look at a Bersa thunder
Ruger LCPs are extremely hard to shoot, not a good first gun.
>>
>>6373730
I heard alot of good shit about their m9 clone.
Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.