[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Trans Help General #107
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 24
File: Trans Help General.png (208 KB, 694x907) Image search: [Google]
Trans Help General.png
208 KB, 694x907
This is the Trans Help General thread. We'll try to help you here with everything related to being transgender.
This includes questioning, appearance, daily trans problems, medical info, general info and other interesting stuff to name a few.

MTF, FTM and questioning people are all welcome here to help eachother and discuss possible solutions.

You can also share your transgender related stories here. Just came out? Or you just need to get something off your chest?
Maybe something wonderful happened today! We'll be glad to hear it, it's always good to know we're not going through this alone.

Links:
Articles, Studies and General information about Questioning, Transitioning and other stuff: http://pastebin.com/CyW1dXV8
Lots of useful links about/for transgender people: http://pastebin.com/h1vLPxyV
Transgender FAQ: http://pastebin.com/8QbKyShU
Am i trans/ trans help threads archive:
http://archive.loveisover.me/lgbt/search/text/trans%20help%20general%20%23/username/annicole/type/op/

Therapists: http://www.t-vox.org/index.php?title=Therapists_by_region
http://therapists.psychologytoday.com/rms/prof_search.php
sort by transsexual issues

What will hormones do?
mtf: http://imgur.com/lDBLSVR
ftm: http://imgur.com/HqTqvJg

Previous thread: >>5992225
>>
>>6019125
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFBOQzSk14c
>>
>>6019316
kekked
>>
I'm ftm in a shitty country and I've been low-dose roiding for a while illegally, but now I'm about to be able to go legit.

My question is, how should I break it to my doctor that I'm already on T?

My doctor is pretty relaxed, but on the other hand the private sector (he is part of it) is under pressure from the public, and he's the option I've got unless I am able to clear my whole day for future consultations in several towns over. I could go through public health, but that might become a nightmare according to people I know. To the extent many trans people of either gender would rather pay out of pocket than get treatment almost free but at the cost of the humiliation and debasement.

Any advice appreciated, from mtf sisters also.
>>
>>6019489
Just tell the country, you're as anonymous as it gets. There may be someone from there with relevant experiences.

Self-medding is pretty common for trans people, certainly you won't be the first nor the last to have shot a bit of T beforehand - and it's relevant information they should know.
>>
i bought my first pair of tights yesterday. the package said one size fits all but clearly they were not thinking of a 6 foot 2 human when they made them

where can i buy some good cheap tights for an unreasonably tall hon?? i want solid black, i want purple stripes, i want all sortsa cute colors
>>
How do you deal with dysphoria? I'm doing a pretty shit job of keeping it under control.
>>
>>6019580
hrt
>>
>>6019580
Find a distraction or do something that makes you feel good.
>>
File: 1441786313187.gif (909 KB, 250x212) Image search: [Google]
1441786313187.gif
909 KB, 250x212
>Started HRT today
H Y P E

Y

P

E
>>
>>6019695

congrats
>>
My legs are really muscular. My hips are also very wide 40in circumference. Is it possible that I would lose this width as HRT takes away my muscles?
>>
File: 1460497565505.jpg (297 KB, 1200x731) Image search: [Google]
1460497565505.jpg
297 KB, 1200x731
>>6019125
So what are some decent health insurance providers that cover trans related things?

I've already had SRS, but I still need BA, tracheal shave, and VFS.
>>
>>6019753
Hips are probably bone structure and fat more than anything. mtf?
>>
>go to get health insurance because lol my parents policy isn't gonna pay for anything Transgender related
>open enrollment has closed

What the fuck man. I get hit with tax penalties for not having insurance, but I only have like 2 months a fucking year to enroll for it

r i p
>>
>>6020340
Which health insurance?
>>
>>6020363
Humana, but is there a particular heath insurance company that is more reliable in terms of trans related issues? Aside from the cosmetic stuff.
>>
is qhs safe? has anyone here used it?
>>
I'm 21, no hrt yet, supposedly this is the age where you stop growing so will it really make a big difference if I start now or in some years?
>>
For those who have already decided they were trans, what was the point you realized it? Did you have to fight yourself on it at all?

I mentioned this story in the /agp/ thread, but the more I think about it the more I think it might actually belong here. I've been struggling with AGP since before I even knew what sex was. I crossdressed a couple of times and read a bit about transsexualism when I was a kid, got busted, and my parents naturally punished me for it so I basically haven't done it again and more or less pushed it as far back as I can in my mind, though it comes back whenever I need to get off.

A few nights ago, I had this dream that my friends wanted me to crossdress again for a cosplay. I've flat-out refused to do that in real life before without giving any reasons, because I'm horrified I'll get turned on against my will and it'll cause my whole social life to come crashing down. In this dream though, they pressured me to the point where they literally had to corner me. They asked why I was so adamant about not doing it. I said it was because I was afraid of how I'd look, and they told me "no, you'll look fine," to which I rebutted something along the lines of "no, you don't get it, if I look good, I'm going to enjoy it and want to see that more often, and if I look bad, I'm just going to hate myself more, and I don't like what either of those things say about me so I just don't want to."

I feel like my subconscious is practically trying to cave my head in with the "you've got problems" message, but I really, really do not want to be trans. I don't even know if I could accept that I'm trans - I don't feel like my life is really my own to make such big decisions about, and in that way I envy the freedom my trans friends have, because I feel like being born male means I have certain responsibilities I cannot ignore by going full trans. At the same time, this insecurity is killing my social life for many reasons, and I'm not sure what to do anymore.
>>
I was prescribed oral estradiol and instructed to take 4mg once per day. Would it be more effective to split the dose and take 2mg twice per day, once every 12 hours, for 4mg total?
>>
>>6021318
I think that's a fairly common thing to do with Estradiol, around here at least. Spiro too
>>
my balls are literally the size of peanuts.
only 12 weeks hrt
is this normal speed of shrinkage
oh. and my cum is clear
>>
>>6020940
Probably after spending about 9 months on this board constantly reading up about trans shit and thinking about it a bunch no matter where I was/what I was doing. Every small step I took toward transitioning (shaving, growing hair long, acting more feminine, etc) made me feel better. After a while it got to the point where my doubts became less real-feeling, if that makes sense. They just took a back seat to what I was feeling with regard to wanting to transition (which apparently normal folks don't want). And shit like the transition timelines on here, especially the ones where they turn out really cute, made me feel super excited/happy, like there was an actual possibility of coming out not looking like an ugly freak. So yeah, after a while all the positive feelings I got when thinking about my own transition outweighed whatever doubts I had. Not to mention looking in the mirror and playing with my hair and stuff to the point where I actually look kinda girly makes me feel fucking great.
>>
>>6021499
That sounds like it must've hurt.
>>
>>6020881

once you know you are trans you should start HRT as soon as possible
>>
Is there a way to determine if your shoulders will get smaller?
I have a lot of muscle in my arms and back and chest and lats
However when I feel the very ends of my shoulders just before the arm I can feel a bone.
>>
>>6021499
>my balls are literally the size of peanuts.
>only 12 weeks hrt
Mine are the size of peanuts after 3 weeks dude
>>
>>6020252
yeah.
I'm toned all over, I only stopped lifting about 8 months before starting HRT. I have a muscular butt (which probably contirbutes to the 40in hips).
I know that as muscles shrink, bones can come closer together (something I'm hoping for!) but do you think it would happen for my hips?
Right now my hips end in solid bone.
>>
>>6021534
no it doesnt hurt.
but im really happy about it.
i dont like my balls smaller is better.
im pretty sure im infertile now though
>>
>>6021629
how big were they to begin with?
i cant remember how big mine were
but i guess it doesnt matter. ill be getting them removed anyway
>>
lets say I'm agp and I want to use hormones but I don't want my balls and penis to shrink, is there any way to avoid this from happening?
>>
>>6021708
Biculmatide and masturbating often.
>>
>>6021655
I don't remember. I think I was a few years behind the average for my age group when I was 14. I'm 18 now, so I was probably low test to begin with, which would explain why I started getting breasts 2 weeks in.
>>
>>6021518
I'm in the same boat as you, except I'm growing my hair out now. Just trying to figure out which route would be better for me to transition, leaning towards self medicating because none of the therapists in my area are taking new patients, and waiting isn't something I want to do.

Any tips before I start taking harmones?
>>
>>6021857
Dunno m8. I read up a bit about hormones before starting self-medding, but aside from mones, I'm not sure what I'm doing. Just kinda playin it by ear. Not really planning on telling anyone I'm trans though, not any time in the near future at least. Seems like drama that's worth putting off 'til I'm a bit more settled. Oh actually, if you need to lose weight, do it now before hormones (assuming you're mtf). It's much easier to lose weight on test than estrogen.
>>
I'm planning to come out to my parents soon, what should I do before hand to prepare for it?
>>
>>6021518
Do you think there was anything that might have made you not do it? How old were you when you started? I'm 26 now even though I've thought about this on and off for a decade and I almost feel like I intentionally kept putting off giving this whole thing any serious thought so I could get to the point I am now, i.e., where it's more important to be a stable-if-wistful male than it is to fuck up my endocrine system to look like Caitlyn Jenner and piss off my entire family just to take a long shot at being able to wear girls clothes and not hate myself.
>>
Who is the best FFS surgeon to get a chin shave with? I've searched online and honestly i'm pretty underwhelmed with what i've seen. I'm almost Rumer Willis and need some serious wizardry :(
>>
>>6022458
21 today, 21 when I started HRT, 20 when I began actually thinking about this stuff. The way I saw (and still see) it was that I could either risk being ostracized by some family members, seen as a freak by the general population, a failure of a man, an unpassing hon (wouldn't bother presenting female at that point though) and a generally pathetic human being and waste of society's resources all for the sake of having a chance at some personal happiness. Or I could ignore my feelings, hope I'm wrong about being trans, and probably live the rest of my life in the same manner that I have been for the last 9 years or so. I would continue to seclude myself from society, forgo doing things I would like to be doing, remain devoid of personal goals and motivations, and unlikely to achieve the one thing I want most in life - to fall in love - being that I would be a depressed, uninteresting, unaccomplished husk of a human being. Maybe I'm being a bit over-dramatic, but I wanted to get the point across.

;tldr if I'm fucked either way, I might as well take a shot at happiness.

To answer your first question though, I'm not sure. I live in Portland, OR, so I'm not really worried about being assaulted or excessively harassed. I think if I get to a point where I know I'm never gonna pass, I might just stay in the closet for the rest of my life or kill myself, but I wanna try first. My life, while good in many respects, is hollow, and I'd rather fuck up my body, make people hate me, or die early than live an empty existence 'til I'm old and senile. For a long time I didn't know what was wrong, and this has been the only thing that has made sense. I want to fix myself.
>>
>>6022458
I guess if I had absolutely 0 hope of passing I might not bother transitioning. I might just shave and take HRT being stealth-mode for life at that point. Like, if I don't see any hope for myself after 2-4 years on HRT I won't try to present female or anything like that. It's actually kind of hard to describe all of this without spamming the thread. If you want, feel free to email me. [email protected] is my throwaway that I actually use fairly frequently. Don't mind the hon-tier name.
>>
>>6022604
Dr. Jeffrey Spiegel probably one of the most expensive too. drspiegel.com/ffs-surgery-photos/
>>
>>6022627
This is how I feel. Idc if I'm a hon or w/e. I finally don't want to die all day erry
day and that's worth the price of admission
>>
What's the main difference between Spironolactone, Bicalutamide, and Leuprolide in how it interacts with T?
>>
>>6023539
Read the wikipedia for each one. (Section "Mechanism of action"). Come back if any further question.
>>
File: 1373296292036.jpg (109 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
1373296292036.jpg
109 KB, 612x612
>>6023539
Why not wiki it?

Spiro works with potassium weirdness, and acting sorta like a progestin(like progesterone) and that prevents your natural progesterone from turning into T, given enough time. It also sorta like makes a weird barrier thing in your adenocytes.
I am not a doc, all I know is what I take.

I know that bicalutamide is supposedly bad for your liver(esp. with oral estradiol)

But on spiro I once ate too many potatoes and got these terrifying involuntary muscle spasms. ?If you're vegetarian, spiro is potentially life-ruining. I used to eat potatoes almost daily, now I gotta be cautious at like efery restauraunt, because I just miss potatoes so much, might be irish blood.

I also need to avoid peanuts, the only cheapo nut.

I'm thinking of switching to bicalutamide, because I don't drink any alcohol, or take any NSAID pain relievers, or smoke, or eat excessive amounts of meat.

Whatever you do, be sure you stay hydrated, dehydration is bad for your liver, and spiro is a "make you pee" drug for people with too much water in their blood, basically.
>>
>>6023808
I don't know why I didn't think of reading about it on Wikipedia. Just curious because I was prescribed 11.25mg leuprolide by my doctor recently.

Anybody else on it? Anything I should know before I take my first shot? I heard it can cause an increase in T levels during the first couple of weeks. Should I continue taking 100mg or 200mg spirono during that time? My doctor said the increase was insignificant but other opinions would be nice.

>>6023827
Thanks. My experience with spirono has been pretty bad as well. The involuntary muscle spasms still occurred despite watching my potassium intake and it continued even after stopping for two weeks.
>>
>>6020881
The difference from, say, 16 to 21 is greater than the difference from 21 to 26, but you will still develop significantly in that time (as well as have to deal with things not getting any better for even longer).

Unless you have a major reason to delay transition (such as being in danger if anyone finds out), then do it as soon as possible, and otherwise try to fix your situation so you can transition.

That's assuming you know you're trans. If you're asking because you're still not sure, then still try to get on a treatment pathway as soon as you can so you waste minimal time if you do decide to transition.
>>
>>6023922
Increase in T is significant in the beginning. Take 200mg spiro daily (or whatever you took that controlled your T) for the first 2 weeks.

You need a blood test just before your next dose (so before your second dose) to check that it is still effective at this point (need T but also FSH, LH), and that consequently you'll not get a repeat of the initial peak. Then enjoy your superior anti-androgen.
>>
>>6019534
Just get extra large ones, the stretchiness means they won't hang off you or anything. Works for me (same height.)
>>
>>6020881
>>6024158

Everyone is different.
You're probly gonna hate me, but I'm 30 been on HRT 2.5 months already have breast development, body and facial hair has thinned a little and slowed in growth rate. and my face looks a little more feminine.

I probly have had a hormone imbalance and/or some genetic abnormalities that are causing this, but I'm loving it.
>>
>>6024766
I'm 30 and I'm hoping to start hrt sometime soon, how have you been finding it? I go out sometimes in girl mode but it can be stressful (my facial hair is super dark and shows through the skin even after a close shave, foundation/concealer fuck yeah.)
>>
>>6021629
>>6021499
omg that sounds wonderful. I hope I get on HRT asap, I would love tiny balls instead of these bullshit monstrosities.
>>
>>6024781
well You are braver than I, I have not gone in girl mode yet. I've been way too self concious about it. but that is changing as my appearance is getting more feminine. I may go out in acouple months. :)

I am so glad I started HRT, it basically confirmed to myself that I was trans. I questioned it and fought it for a long time.

get ready for a rollercoaster of emotions though. it hit me hard the first month. basically brought all the pain I was holding inside straight to the surface and I cried almost everynight, but I'm happier more often than before and hrt. honestly I'm a happier person in general. not so angry and pent up.

Facial hair and body hair were BIG issues for me too before but its getting better and I hope to go get lasered soon to help that.

Things are working out much better than I though they would, I wanted to transistion when I was younger but was way too scared and hid my transness. but I'm glad I finally made the leap just wish I hadnt waited so long, I could have been living my life the way I wanted for years now.

The biggest shock was breast growth this early. but thats good news, I had to buy s sportsbras to keep things from being too obvious. My nipples are always erect and show through a couple layers, So i've been wearing a bra+beater/tank+tshirt, jsut to not show my nips.

Downstairs no shrinkage, but my cum is almost completely clear,
My sexdrive dropped alot, I can still get erections ok, and orgasms have gotten intense! I cant wait to have sex on these hormones.
>>
What effect do mtf hormones have on cognitive ability? I've seen some people complain about losing their focus after getting HRT. I'm often tasked with critical thinking problems and I'd rather not lose my ability to solve them.
>>
>>6025191
Finding out that most people don't give a fuck is quite liberating; yes I get strange looks or the odd comment once in a while but I would think that unless you live in a total hick village most people aren't going to think about it.

The strange thing for me is that when I do myself up (I wear a wig cause I have no chance of my natural hair passing) the last thing I think about is boobs. I think for me somehow they aren't a big part of my dysphoria, so it's going to be strange having them.

> just wish I hadnt waited so long
Every single trans person thinks that, no matter what age. I know that's cold comfort but you can be thankful you didn't wait longer!

Has your facial hair changed much on hrt? I'm thinking to get laser asap but it's expensive eh.
>>
>>6025325
oh you already said it had thinned earlier, I missed that.
>>
just tried the "trap workout" and wow, i'm out of shape...i'm 140 pounds 5'9 but I couldn't make it all the way through...I feel so ashamed, I ran a farm on my own last year and now I'm too weak to even do a a small workout.

Pre HRT of course. Also does anyone have a laser hair remover for home use? I'm ordering today and don't know what exactly is good/bad
>>
>>6025325
>>6025336
Yeah facial hair thinned a bit, not a whole lot but it used to look alot thicker and darker, I'm talking 5 oclock shadow even right after I shaved. Now I've gone a week without shaving and it seems lighter and the length is what I would have had after a few days prior to HRT. When I shave I look so babyfaced I love it, but I still feel it so laser is on the agenda maybe later this month or next month I'm saving up.
>>
>>6025534
Contiunued,

>>6025325
I have a picture of myself from a year before HRT, I had a full beard I look at it now and I look completely different, Its exhilerating to think I may not recognize it as myself in the not so distant future.
>>
File: 136387443520.png (66 KB, 323x238) Image search: [Google]
136387443520.png
66 KB, 323x238
How bad of an idea is picking up my prescription at a rural town's pharmacy?
>>
>>6025607
Assuming you're not presenting, you could always get it filled a town over if you really think people will recognize or remember you, I'm sure an endo would understand that. Are you planning on coming out or are you medding for another reason?
>>
>>6025607
My fallback whenever people ask what I'm taking I say acne medication.
It's not completely false. Spiro is used as acne medication. I say the other stuff is like vitamin supplements or whatever.
>>
>>6019125
>Am i trans/ trans help threads archive:

http://archive.loveisover.me/lgbt/search/text/trans%20help%20general%20%23/username/annicole/type/op/

This link doesn't work, is it down temporarily or is there another working link?
>>
I have a buttplug up my ass.

It is vibrating.

Why is this so completely unsatisfying?

Fucking bullshit.

I can't feel a god damn thing basically.

What am I doing wrong?
>>
>>6025637
Yeah, I'm getting it a town over and I'm planning on coming out eventually. Still, my main concern is having to deal with transphobic crap thanks to horror stories I've heard from other people's poor experiences. How likely are Wal-mart pharmacists to care?

>>6025698
That'd work for Spiro, but the faggy looking boy coming in to get estrogen is probably going to be pretty obvious.

Maybe I'll just stick with inhouse like I was doing before.
>>
Way long before I started HRT I had a Prince Albert,but something went wrong(Im really stupid and stretched it too much) and now I have a meatotomy as meat between Prince Albert and urethra broke,it got kinda "fixed" to look relatively good, but the question is,will I get trouble whenever I go get SRS?
>>
File: 2016-4-10 (8).jpg (2 MB, 4234x3174) Image search: [Google]
2016-4-10 (8).jpg
2 MB, 4234x3174
Sup fags, I need some help. I'm living in a remote area of Arizona and I have no easy access to a vehicle or any outside towns/cities. I have my bike for local commuting and any trips in town I make have to be done with other people in our time off work. Thing is though I've been having gender identity issues for over a year now and they don't seem to be going away, and I'm interested in starting a full transition. How would I begin this process given my circumstances?

>How to find therapists/informed consent providers closer than far away cities?
>What steps can I take to transition in the meantime?
>How do I look for medicines that will help on a shoestring budget/how do I deal with insurance for this?

Pic related; went in public with makeup for the first time recently to see if I was comfortable putting myself through all this.
>Also, do I stand a chance at passing or am I too far gone? Honesty here is helpful.
>>
>>6026018
You're not in the right mindset
>>
>>6026375
What mindset do I need to be in? I feel literally nothing physically except a little buzz at the actual butthole. Nothing on the prostate or whatever. How do people enjoy this?

Like, I really would love to fuck around with my butt, so why am I sucking at it so hard?
>>
>>6026468
stop trying to rush things like a man would. It's mental, so take your time. Find a hot video online and fantasize. Don't touch anything and edge for a while. You have to relax and want someone inside you, not something duh. Work it in slowly and if your a noob rub the glands of your penis with another hand but when you orgasm don't touch your penis. Remember to play with your nipples and focus on your body not just you dick. Work up to no hands and your good to go. :p
>>
>>6026335
yes but taper your eyebrows more.
>>
File: 1445569468007.jpg (22 KB, 261x261) Image search: [Google]
1445569468007.jpg
22 KB, 261x261
>thoughts about bad hairline
>it's also one of those days where I think I'm super ugly and weird looking
>thinking about being dead while not actually wanting to be
>getting excited about starting HRT
>scared about starting HRT,; don't wanna be a hon
>worried I'm doing all this for all the wrong reasons and doubting my transness
>just wanna be cute and pass
Just wanted to vent a little, sorry
>>
>>6027082
Man, I seem to be having exactly the same day as you, if that's any consolation :/

Nobody ever mentions the doubt until your tits deep in it, and that's really scaring the shit out of me...
I'm running out of articles, blog posts, youtube videos and goddamn susans threads to cope as well D:
>>
>>6027111
That sucks. Sorry dude. Yeah I dunno I think I had less doubt a week or two ago, before I added Estradiol to my daily drug regimen. Maybe it's just the reality of it all setting in. I don't know. Anyway, you can do what I do and try to distract yourself with movies. The last couple hours of my nights are always the most peaceful because I'm not really thinking about any of this, well not nearly as much anyhow.
>>
>>6027082
>>6027111
Just gonna say that I'm in kind of the same boat. Especially:
>getting excited about starting HRT
>scared about starting HRT,; don't wanna be a hon
>worried I'm doing all this for all the wrong reasons and doubting my transness

It depends on the day, but yeah. One day I'll be feeling super reassured about everything and stuff will be great. And the next, it's like, what am I even doing with my life?
On the bright side, going to see my therapist tomorrow, so hopefully that'll help clear things up. :/ Otherwise, yeah, >>6027127 has the right idea. Distractions are great. :)
>>
>>6025740
Loveisover does seem to be offline for the time being and other archives don't archive lgbt threads. I'll see if i can upload the pdf's of every thread to a page or something.
>>
>Had rather severe gender dysphoria ever since puberty started six years ago
>Finally get on hrt
>Half year passes
>Look pretty alright, don't pass but I think I'm pretty cute most the time
>Rarely feel gender dysphoria anymore, big relief to not have to deal with it everyday after dealing with it for so long

>but for whatever reason for the past 2 weeks I've been tempted to cut my hair in a short masculine hair cut and try to act/present more masculine

Can anyone tell me what the fuck it is that I'm feeling? Am I just a butch lesbian in a mans body or am I somehow becoming not-trans?
>>
>>6022604
South Korea is the best place to go for chin surgery because they aren't afraid of taking risks. Everywhere else pretty much sucks and America not only sucks but is also expensive.
>>
does anyone have any good info on degarelix and its effects on your bodily integrity, that is how much damage it will cause, ive heard that it allows for reservable sterility, is this true? has any studies on this been done?
i also heard someone mention bica as an alternative to this?

>>6028882
how good is korean surgeons when it comes to ffs on a westerners face? i dont mind if they could make me look like one of their generic kpop girls
>>
i'm really close to finally ordering hormones online, and i'm trying to figure everything out, but I can't find anything on recommendations for diabetics anywhere. I'm 23, about 220lbs, 5'9" and I've been a type 1 diabetic with an insulin pump since I was about 9-10. I don't know if all of that matters, but I'm reading about spironolactone and I don't know how it's going to react with my diabetes. I'm thinking of doing 100mg a day of spiro and 2mg of oestriol until I can actually make it out of state to get a prescription.

any help or advice would be greatly appreciated
>>
>>6028809
Who knows, really. If those impulses aren't followed by a "because doing so would make me feel x", I'm not about to put those words in your mouth.

Do what you feel like and see how it goes. Hair grows back again. And butch women exist without them being men. Or maybe your gender fluid is leaking I don't fucking know.

But, speaking from my own experiences, I'm ftm and the better I passed as a man the more comfortable I got with being effeminate. Maybe something analogous is what's happening with you.
>>
>>6028947
That kind of question seems way above 4chan paygrade in term of medical expertise.

If there's no type I tranny lurking (furthermore given you're ok with trusting somebody that could... gasp ... lie on the internet), i'm afraid you'll need to ask an endo (not to prescribe but at least to assess compatibility).
>>
>>6029040
that's what i'm thinking of doing, it's just awhile out until i see my dr. again. i was just hoping maybe SOMEONE might know what they're talking about. i'm just worried my endo is going to not be willing to help me at all, but i've never talked to him about any of this so i don't know
>>
>>6029079
Do you have to see your diabete endo about it, though ? I mean you should tell them at some point, as it's relevant information, but you may try to see an informed consent endo first to ask about compatibility. Would that be a possibility in your state ?
>>
>>6029100
there's no informed consent in my state unfortunately. i'd like to go out of state for that at some point, but i'm not even sure how that works. i'm in missouri and you have to go through therapy and counseling before you can get a recommendation to an endo
>>
long, fucked up and weird story incoming.

I'm some kinda fuckin queer. My last boyfriend was really into trans and had some kind of 'turn a dude into a lady' fetish. Took me on because I'm 6'4" and good-looking, but in a masculine way. Convinced me to take some pueraria mirifical for a while and I okayed it because I've never said no to unfamiliar chemicals in my life. Within a few days, I noticed something that I just fucking love. I've had anger issues for as long as I can remember, but they're... reduced now. It's like, I still get pissed at things, but I'd stew for days over getting cut off in traffic or flipped off in a bar. Now I just kinda live and let live. It feels fucking amazing, and I'm doing better emotionally than I have in over a decade.

I broke up with the guy a while back because I didn't wanna start fucking around with anti andronses and progestinal - I was happy with the way I looked and felt, he wasn't. I've kept taking the PM pills for a while at 1500 mg/day for about a month now, after going off it on a few separate occasions and discovering that the mental stuff wasn't a placebo effect.

Changes I have noted:

mental effects as above, and I've found it a lot easier to express and deal with my emotions now.
facial hair growth seems slower
head hair softer, silkier. I let it grow out a little and it curls way more than it did the last time I grew it out.
growth of thinning hair patch on top of head has stopped
facial skin more sensitive, softer
body skin remains the same
slight increase of butt, not a bad thing as I suffer from a mild case of Hank Hill Ass
increased nipple sensitivity
pecs got a little soft, increased in size - not desired, have been fighting it off with increased chest exercise
heard of penis shrinkage risk - again counteracting with exercise. masturbation rate tripled
>>
>>6029131
now, here's a pile of questions for you:
I'm concerned about long term fertility; is it true that long exposure could fuck up my swimmers, or (should I want to reproduce at some point) can I restore fecundity by laying off the pills for a week or two?

will extensive exercise be enough to combat tissue growth?
- same question but for dong shrinkage? i'd really prefer that my tallywhacker not become a dingaling

does this put me somewhere on the trans spectrum? again, no dysphortia, no desire to present as female. bi but general preference for women. enjoying this trip primarily for its psychiatric effects.
>>
>>6026335
Hi, you look good! You have a friendly, soft features =) You could make your eyebrows thinner, that might help. And try on different clothes at a thrift shop.
>>
>>6029161
Very interesting to read your experience.

>does this put me somewhere on the trans spectrum
I can't answer any of your other questions, but to this I would say no. Being trans is mainly about experiencing dysphoria and wanting to present as the gender you were not assigned at birth, and trans people tend to appreciate and welcomine the development of secondary sex characteristics. Markedly, you're not hyped about getting gyno and you're happy with your cock. And I think it's normal to want shit like a nice ass, a full head of good hair, and clean skin. That's just vanity. I would say you're coming at this from just about the same angle most nootropic geeks do. Better living through chemical self-improvement. If you don't know the smart drugs scene you may want to check it out.
>>
>>6029131
Pureria Mirifica actually works? Thought it was snake oil?
>>
>>6029781
Yes it's real. No you should not use in in place of bioidenticals for real mtf stuff.
>>
>>6029131
the affects you've experiance are to be expected and with hrt meds as well.
as for the "breast development" you could fight it with exercise but I dont think it will be enough,
Whats your diet like? that will have factors in how PM affects you from here on.

Consider it like your taking hrt meds, its not the same thing but it will bring some of the same results. also you can go off it anytime.
>>
Is it true you have to masturbate every day so that you'll have enough dick skin for srs?
Now thta I'm on 200mg spiro it's getting really hard.
>>
Also is that rumor that spiro negates the effects of estradiol true?
>>
>>6029161
1) You probably don't have enough phytoestrogens in you to damage your fertility by a lot. Only if you were to add anti-androgens you should be concerned.
2) No. You'll want to get some Tamoxifen.
3) Just keep masturbating.
4) No you're just femboy tier.
>>
>>6030542
Some people say Spironolactone causes bad breast development, but you'd want to ask a specialist about that.
>>
My parents are having a really difficult time understanding the whole gender dypshoria / transgenderism thing.

Can anyone link an article or two I can show them that explains it better than me?
>>
alright so i told my therapist last week about me being mtf, and i'm not in a position to start HRT due to family issues...but I still want to start something at least.

tl;dr being pre everything, should i start pureria mirifica herb pills AND anti androgens or just the herb? also can anyone recommend on amazon or something both of these products?
>>
>mom wants me to visit dad who I haven't seen since I was 2 years old
>been on hrt for a month already
>growing tits
>wants me to visit for winter break or thanksgiving
what the fuck am I supposed to do? Go up to my dad and say
>"Hey dad. I used to be your son 16 years ago. I'm a transgirl! Please don't disown me."
I don't even fucking know the guy. I don't know how he'll react or anything. What a great situation to be in.
>>
>>6031161
just tell him you have bad genetics and have moobies
>>
>>6031161
I doubt you will get much suspicion at all with just one month. Don't even mention it
>>
>>6031239
I'll be visiting 6+ months from now is the problem.
>>
>>6031161
Sports bra under a dark shirt?
>>
>>6031148
>>6031148
Anyone been in a similar boat where they couldn't start HRT but wanted to start doing something about it? I know you're out there anon...
>>
How soon should I be expecting my nips to hurt? I'm 24.
>>
>>6031575
I thought it was in the first month
>>
>>6031602
I'm experiencing it at two weeks. The pain isn't so bad yet.
>>
>>6023827
Wait a minute anon,im retarded when it comes to biology,you mean if I take spiro i wont be able to eat potatoes without side effects?about what else should i worry if I take spiro?i eat a high carb/sugar/salads/no meat diet and Im still pre-hrt,what should I do?should I even go with spiro?
please enlighten me
>>
>>6031646
Spironolactone increases the amount of potassium in our bodies. Too much of it can lead to hyperkalemia and heart failure.

https://www.health.qld.gov.au/nutrition/resources/renal_kshort.pdf
>>
>>6031699
For most people, 200mg Spironolactone doesn't cause problems, however it's still recommended to watch your potassium intake and eat less bananas, potatoes, etc.
>>
>>6031148
How before you can start HRT, is what is important.

If less than a year, you can start the AA right now. Don't bother with PM.
>>
>>6030523
>>6030542
>>6031025
Thanks, but that's not what I'm asking. Someone posted a while about "pissing out all your estrace" and spiro completely negating estradiol.
>>
>>6031983
False. Increasing urinary flow will indeed increase the rate at which it is removed, but it's nowhere near "completely negating".
>>
>>6031084
Maybe this.
http://www.kinseyinstitute.org/resources/pdf/Trans101forSOFFAs_v4.pdf
>>
>>6028909
no one?
>>
>>6028909
There's no real science on preserving fertility potential while on HRT, and it is possible it could render you permanently sterile. However, of all available AA, bicalutamide is the most proven to preserve fertility, as studied on prostate cancer patients (however keep in mind HRT is AA+estrogen, whereas the cancer patient get AA only, which could change the outcome).

As for degarelix, it is a safe medication with few side-effects (with the exception of fertility, ofc) It should be associated with estrogen in a HRT regimen, so as not to risk osteoporosis and other problem linked to not having sex hormones.
>>
>>6032287
thanks for the reply.
which of the AAs would you recommend then if preserving fertility is something i would prefer?
i have mostly heard that using bica for hrt isnt very widespread though, i this just because its not offered as widely or something?

As for estrogen, ive been thinking of going with estradiol acetate, but im not entierely sure which is the best, nor which way to take it is, ive heard that everything from patches and subdermal to sublingual and subcutaneous injection
>>
>>6025607
why don't you just use a mailorder pharmacy
>>
Okay can't tell if I'm going crazy or not so will just lay it all out here.

In my dreams, like every single one, I am female. Not in a dreaming about becoming female way, but as in that being perfectly normal as my default state of being.

It's fucking me up. I questioned whether I was trans like 10 years ago, but in the end just put it down to teenage hormones and a crossdressing fetish. Once puberty died down, so did the crossdressing and I figured it was just a phase and my only interest in it had been as a kink.

But since the dreams got me thinking I've been driving myself crazy over whether or not that was true or not. After going back and forth on it for ages I think I've come to the conclusion I'd be happier as a girl, but I'm not unhappy as I am now. But that just brings me back to square one because that doesn't sound trans to me since I don't have any dysphoria and maybe I'm just falling into grass is always greener bullshit.

Please help this is driving me insane.
>>
>>6032392

are you sure you have zero dysphoria

why did you crossdress in the first place then
>>
>>6025740
>>6027560

Use deploy.loveisover.me/lgbt The problem is there's no search. You have to type site:deploy.loveisover.me/lgbt into Google if you want to be able to search at all.
>>
>>6032304
First, if that is a possibility for you, banking sperm before taking anything is the only 100% reliable solution. That's what I would recommend if fertility is an absolute requirement for you. If you're willing to take a risk, but want to minimize it, go for bicalutamide.

It is generally less prescribed in the US because endo tend to prefer either spironolactone or a GnRH [ant]agonist (like lupron/degarelix); they generally have less experience using it as HRT, and it's a bit more expensive than spiro.

Regarding estrogen, while there is supposedly a difference in efficacy, with injected (IM) being more effective, i think you should chose the method you prefer, the most practical for you. First because you can always change to something better down the line (many have switched to injection or implant in hope of better boobs), and second arguably the difference is small.

From simple to more complicated to use : all estradiol ester for oral use are approximalely equivalent (estradiol valerate, estradiol acetate, ...). There's also micronised estradiol for sublingual use. Patches exist too, but many report bad experiences (need two at the same time for adequate levels, fall off too easily). Various depot formulation for intramuscular injection (like progynon). Subdermal implant ("pellet").

Gel/cream formulation are generally a bad idea, dosing-wise.
>>
>>6026268

The glans is used to form the clitoris. I'm not entirely sure whether this will affect SRS for you. Surgeons complain about pre-existing scarring giving less material to work with.
>>
>>6032449
yea banking was definitely something i was thinking of doing.

how does bica work compared to other AAs? from what i just looked up its much cheaper than degarelix, if it doesnt have to be taken daily that is. which i found goes for $300 pr maintenance dose. so now im more curious about it.
also, are there other options among GnRH antagonists?

i think id be fine with going for an IM estradiol and if that doesnt work for me, i assume sublingual is the next best thing?
>>
I applied for estrogen through the NHS, but it says there's a 4 year waiting list, now. I already plan to talk to my GP about this, but is there anything I can do to speed it along? Any self medding options in the UK?
>>
>>6033061
QHI (based in the UK so no custom problem)
>>
Could a hypothetical 17 year old starting hypothetical hrt hypothetically recieve pelvis widening?
>>
>>6032469
If you don't have insurance covering it, GnRH [ant]agonist are usually not cost effective. (Not american so not in the know on the insurance thing, tbhon)

Usual dosage of bicalutamide for HRT is 12.5 to 50mg per day. Works fine but you will also need finasteride or dutasteride as it does nothing for DHT. You can order bigger dosage and split the pills before use; it's usually cheaper. (though anything less than half a pill is unwieldy).

For sublingual, yes.
>>
>>6033466
Yes. You are at a very good age for it and could see a decent improvement. Talk to a psych asap.
>>
>>6033467
im not american either, but i dont know if insurance will cover it as it woulnt be prescribed but a doctor.
from doing a quick price comparison, it seem that some GnRH are still sold at a reasonable price, perhaps some of them can be used, Cetrotide goes for 50

while bica and either finasteride or dutasteride does seem to be cheaper, idk if i like the cancer risk they have (dont know the numbers though).

i cant really say which option i like best, degarelix, or bica and one of the 5a reductase inhibitors. i dont think im qualified to compare them properly. epsecially since i thought that GnRH antagonists would not mess with your testies, but from what i read on the bica wiki, the do, where as bica doesnt. AAs are complicated...
>>
>>6033066
What meds should I get from there? I don't see anything that suggests they're good for transitioning.
>>
>>6033589
I don't think GnRH [ant]agonist are really suitable for your situation, as you have preserving fertility at high priority.

Also cetrotide is one vial per 24h whereas lupron/degaralix/... are one vial per month approx. Any GnRH analog will be a product of biotechnology, so always quite expensive. (Unless you're getting scammed)

Do you envision banking sperm then try to preserve your fertility with appropriate drug; or is it only for the case you cannot bank ?

If the former, bicalutamide+finasteride seems you best bet.

You should think long term, though. Why do you want to preserve your fertility ? Are you going the femboy route, or are you having doubts about being trans and thus want something reversible ? Cause in the latter case, you're not supposed to stay on AA forever (cf the various cancer risks) as ultimately you can get rid of your testis through orchi or SRS.
>>
>>6031938
about a year, i would say
>>
>>6033756
i think its more the thought that id like to have kids one day, so neither femboy nor doubts, i think ive mostly thought of banking as a back up; and that im unaware how banking works in the case that i might move out of the country.

i have heard that long term AAs will have a higher cancer risk, which is one reason why i originally leaned more towards GnRHs, afaik then they dont have any cancer risks?
>>
>>6033696
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe its Estrofem for estrogen, and Spironolactone for anti androgen
>>
>>6033792
oh, also, im not doubting, but i am afraid of radical changes, no matter if they are for better or worse or if i want them to happen, in this case im referring to srs
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHv-KgF2pNE
>>
>>6033756
How long on hrt before I become sterile? I just want to know If i'm too late or if I could still bank sperm for the off chance I do decide to have biological children.

I dont really want to stop hrt, but if I can for a short while bank sperm and then go back on, I want to do it
>>
>>6033792
>>6033801

You're right on the cancer risks.

I think you have all the qualitative info on the drugs. You also seem to know what your goals/requirement are. Order them by priority. Inform youself a bit more on your banking options.

As for the quantitative, one could say that staying 5-7 years on AA is probably not an overwhelming risk. You have to determine when you want kids. How long do you envision your transition to take. (ie to reach steady state where you're satisfied with your body, have no accumulating health risk (AA), and thus can go on +/- indefinitely)

Then you would have everything you need to try to resolve the contradicting goals, compromise with yourself, and draft you plan.

Bullet point of what we discussed and more

* Goal : HRT/Transitioning
* Goal : Having Children eventually
* Goal : Not getting too high a risk from long-term AA

* GnRH analogues : expensive, effective, not fertility-preserving, long term low risk
* Bicalutamide+finasteride : cheaper, effective, somewhat fertility-preserving, long term risk
* Other AA : cheapest, effective, not fertility preserving, long term risk
* Estrogen : preference IM then sublingual
* Banking : (to be determined by what is offered in your country)
* Orchi/SRS : fertility destroying ;^) , eliminate the need for AA

* Timeframe for transition (quantitative)
* Timeframe for children (quantitative)
* Max time on AA with acceptable risk (quantitative)
* Financial situation, now and future (qualitative and quantitative)
* Possiblity to "go official" and stop self-medding
* Possibility of moving out of the country
* Afraid of radical changes

* FFS (you mentioned it in your first post)
>>
>>6033900
It is unknown when/if HRT makes you permanently infertile. It may vary depending on the individual, and the type/dose of HRT.

Spermatogenesis (making the sperm cells) take 64 days, add maybe one and a half month for it to restart properly, that make a pause of at least 3.5 months. No result garantueed as per the first point.
>>
>>6033992
if the AA risks for that time period isnt overwhelming i should be official by then, currently im looking at a years waiting time for the clinic to get to my case, at which point i assume they can help me decide what to do from then on.
as for when id want kids, i cant say, i have a hard time imaging it would even happen, but i wouldnt want to through the possibility out the window completely. and for how long the transition will take, i have no idea desu, the faster the better in my book.

im not sure what you mean by "go on +/- indefinitely"

some points about the bullets though
as far as ive read the GnRH analogues should let the fertility return if you discontinue them for a while?
finasteride or dutasteride, which would be the better of the two? i think i heard that dutasteride is a lot more effective compared to the other
lastly bica seems to preserver spermatogenesis, however it seem all the studies in this area are related to prostate cancer so idk if that has any influence on the results.

also thank you for answering all of my shit, i really appreciate it. i guess ill go with figuring out banking and then go with bica and one of the 5a inhibitors while i wait
>>
i dont want to be a boy, but i don't know if i want to be a girl

what do i do
>>
>>6034085
>"go on +/- indefinitely"
Well, seems best to me to have your stuff figured out at some point, then live your life with some sort of routine regarding HRT that you can continue for your life expectancy (without accumulating cancer risk, notably).

>finasteride vs dutasteride
Seems like dutasteride is more effective and has comparable side-effects. It fell in the public domain quite recently so you may even have comparable price to finasteride.

>as far as ive read the GnRH analogues should let the fertility return if you discontinue them for a while?
I've not seen anything putting it as especially fertility preserving. Also note that they make your testis degenerate, which could be reversible, but means you'll need more time off HRT to make them grow back and able to produce normal sperm. On the other hand with bicalutamide, the testis are not affected much, and you could produce sperm more quickly.

All this theoretical of course, without studies with actual HRT treatment, which leads to :

>all the studies in this area are related to prostate cancer
>has any influence on the results.
Certainly it has influence as estrogen is added on top of the AA, which means less testosterone overall and in the gonads (not good), and unknown effect on spermatogenesis. So not a similar situation, noentheless that seems the best to go on for evidence-based decision.
>>
>>6034442
sounds good to me, bica and dutasteride it is then.
you wouldnt happen to know of any providers that ship to denmark? seems like qhi doesnt have bica and inhouse pharmacy doesnt ship here

again thank you so much for taking the time to answer everything
>>
Fug I don't get paid until the 22nd, and I have tranny pills up until the 20th.
>>
>>6026021
>How likely are Wal-mart pharmacists to care?

In my experience basically zero, I've been using them regularly for year & half now. And I've never had any issues or transphobic stuff or questioning thrown at me. And I had long hair since the beginning of my HRT.
>>
>>6019125
legislations are really fucked up here, you need like 2 years of psychatrist to get HRT, and i don't think i'll make it for long if i don't get it now, thing is, i don't even have money to self med... halp ?
>>
>>6035818
where do you live?
>>
>>6035836
France, well, i see it as occupation because i am a god damn separatist but, legally, france
>>
>>6034102
I dunno dude. I'm still trying to figure out if it's possible to wish you were the opposite sex and not be trans. Take a look at the OP if you haven't already. If you can find the imgur album with all the trans timelines, that might help as well. Check this and its second part out too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZ_Esfxavow
>>
>>6035841
>>6035818
The two year wait is for the "parcours officiel" . It is also total bullshit in other ways, so don't go through it.

Go to a to psychiatrist from this list (look at the review)
http://bddtrans.theilax.com/
It's not informed consent so you still have to "prove" you're trans, but it can go as fast as 3 months to get hormones. As you have financial problem, look for practionner in "secteur conventionné", and ask for an ALD once you're diagnosed to get the hormones for free.

>helping a separatist pig...
>>
>>6034588
brandmedicines.com
>>
>>6033756
I read online that finasteride has an 8 hour half life, is that something to worry about if i'm using bica as a AA?
>>
>>6034442
Hey! You're a godsend. I was about to ask about bicatulamide here when I saw the last post answering to you being smart about it.

What dose should I start on? Should I take it more than once a day?

Thanks in advance. Spiro is just not doing it for me.
>>
>>6036575
damn this is exactly what i was looking for, thank you. there shouldnt be any problems with customs since its still within the eu right?

also wtf, how come one brand of bica is 3x the price of the two others?

>>6036602
agreed.

i assume the dutasteride dose is just the 0.5mg/day?
also since ill have to start on estradiol as well and the site the other anon linked only seems to have estrofam, i assume thats 2mg/day oral or sublingual? fore the first month before doubling it?
>>
so i switched to injections, and my endo only prescribed me 5mg weekly? is he trying to ruse me?

I'm on hrt for 19 months already..
>>
>>6036616
I meant bicatulamide, not dutasteride.
>>
>>6036634
yea, i guess i formatted that really badly, it was meant to be follow up questions
>>
>>6036616
it was fine to the US. don't know how your customs works. comes from bulgaria
ever heard of generics?
>>
>>6036644
nope, ive never gotten anything but prescription drugs from my local pharmacy, so its all new to me
>>
>>6036650
they sell generics and brands in pharamacies too...
>>
>>6036662
wait a minute... are you telling me i can get all this shit locally without a prescription?
sorry if its a stupid question, ive only heard of prescription and over the counter drug
>>
>>6036681
no. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generic_drug
it's common knowledge
>>
>>6036730
sorry you lost me, assume you are explaining it to an idiot please
>>
>>6036741
just fucking read it yo. i already saved you the literally five seconds it would have taken you to google it
>>
>>6036754
yea i get that its the same drug made by different manufactures, i dont know why id read an entire page on regulation in america, india, and china when i dont live there.
what does that have to do with anything? i it related to why one bica is stupidly expensively comparatively?
>>
File: finasteride_pharmacokinetics.png (353 KB, 1314x913) Image search: [Google]
finasteride_pharmacokinetics.png
353 KB, 1314x913
>>6036582
It seems to be even less from what I see, mean terminal half-life of 4.8 hours.

Some things to consider :

>http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8846625
>A single dose of finasteride suppresses serum DHT levels for up to 4 days, longer than would be expected from the serum terminal elimination half-life (t1/2z) of the drug: this is probably due to the high affinity that finasteride has for the 5 alpha-reductase enzyme
So maybe the half-life is less relevant for that particular molecule.

For medication with short half-life, taking the same dose, but divided, has significant effect on mean blood concentration (pic related), thus on effects (that's a general rule - apply also for spiro, for example). Practically speaking you can't really divide further than 3 times a day. But for this drug it already seems like an excellent dosing scheme. ( third example, tau = 8, d = 0.333 mg)

If you're satisfied with the effect (or lack of effect of DHT, in your case), there no reason to change anything. It's kindof a pain in the ass to split dose and take 3 time a day. You have to think of your quality of life, not only of theoretical benefits (which may or may not exist). On the other hand, if your balding is quantifiably getting worse, it may be justified to try these, or swtich to dutasteride.
>>
I'm pre-everything, will I ever be able to pass as a girl once I'm on Estrogen?
It doesn't help that I'll basically be queen of Amazons with my height of 6"4
>Pic related, recent pic of me, and yes, I'm ugly
>>
>>6036774
what dosage would you recommend for me (>>6036616) in addition to the dosage of bica?

also im diggin that you are doing the math behind it
>>
>>6036793

If you work on making your hair look thick and volumptuous, fix the skin, and get skinny. Maybe. But it's hard to tell without seeing the body.
>>
>>6028909
Some specialise for Westerners. I'm pretty sure Cinderella Clinic does. I don't think chins are race specific, or at least white and Asian chins have the same style of masculinization. Typically it's the nose, cheekbones, and eyes that are different. I think most white transgirls avoid Korea because of ignorance/because the race difference, but lots of clinics know English/have a translator because of the tourists. Having the facial contour of a kpop girl would be best imo.
>>
>>6037057
Forgot some links:

Korean surgery forum (English)
http://forum.purseblog.com/asian-plastic-surgery-and-cosmetic-procedures/

B&A blog
http://kpsurgery.tumblr.com/tagged/jaw/page/2
>>
>>6036774
Figured there's a numerical error in pic related but the conclusion still stands. Though it makes me question whether 1mg/day is the right dose. Seems like if you buy 5mg pill, you could split it 4 way and go for 2.5mg per day, divided in two taking.

>>6036816
I have difficulty finding any serious sources about doses of bicalutamide for HRT.

So i'm pretty reluctant to recommend anything, but this seems reasonable :
- Bicalutamide 50 mg/day (1 take per day, no need to split)
- Finasteride 2 mg to 2.5 mg/day (depending on what formulation you're able to buy, split as much as practically acceptable)

Get a blood test 2-3 months in, for total transaminase (liver health - don't be irresponsible) and DHT levels (finasteride dosage). Checking testosterone level will be useless, drawback of bicalutamide, so you have to try to pay attention to how you feel, maybe the growth rate of facial hair to assess if it's working out for you. Then reassess at the 6 month mark.

>>6036766
Drug company A invents drug X, and patents it. That means only company A can produce X for a certain period of time. It thus sells it for <expensive> because they have a monopoly, and so as to recoup for R&D costs, and to give loads of cash to shareholders. After some time, the patent expires, and company B can start producing X at way lower cost, because it didn't bear the R&D costs. It's called a generic. Company B is thus able to sell X for <cheaper>. (Also there can be a company C and D also producing X when the patent falls, further reducing price through competition.)
>>
>>6037057
if i could get that contour id happily give an arm for that. you wouldnt happen to know of any westerners who have had ffs in korea? and i guess, most importantly, if the differences in the bone structure are/could be too much for them to achieve that look?
i will definitely be reading though the links and looking up the clinic you mentioned. thank you.

>>6037095
the finasteride they have available is 5mg for $34-46, whereas the dutasteride is available in 0.5mg for $44, if its more effective, 99% compared to 60% afaik, would this not be the one to go for?

ill be sure to get bloodwork done, i wouldnt wanna fuck myself up more than needed. i have heard some odd stories about doctors who prescribed wrong doses because they werent expecting the high levels of T in the system, which i assume would also be the case here.

thanks for the explanation of the generics, i had a feeling it was that, but just mixed up the context thinking it was related to how or where to obtain them
>>
MtF 3 weeks on estrogen here. Will I fuck up my boobs if I lose weight at this stage or do you only need to eat a surplus at the 3 month mark?
>>
>>6037225
>dutasteride
Fine. 0.5mg/day, with the caveat that with the loooong half-life, it takes 6 month to reach steady state. So no worry if your first DHT blood level is still a bit high.
>>
>>6037443
ah i see, thanks, good to know about the long time it takes, i wasnt aware of that, sorry if it seemed a bit pushy, seems i was just not well informed enough
>>
File: encha_by_keterok-d6igp0l.png (272 KB, 500x700) Image search: [Google]
encha_by_keterok-d6igp0l.png
272 KB, 500x700
>>6037452
It's literally fine, didn't mean to come off as rude.
>>
Go to a psychiatrist, talk it out. It's unhealthy behavior to chemically alter your body and everyone in this thread offering help and advice to make the change are enabling bad lifestyle and behavior. You are drenching yourself in a chemical bath that more often than not leads to depression, mood swings, and even suicide. Go cross dressing, role play, but please do not pump your body full of dangerous substances. I've seen it happen to a friend and they went off the deep end and their life will never be the same, NOT in a good way.

Please seek actual medical help and not the advice of someone who thinks they know all about human physiology from 35 hours on tumblr.

It's 100% okay to feel the way you do, but go about it in the right way.
>>
>>6037542
>>>/pol/ is that way
please see yourself out
>>
>>6037547
It is unfortunate that you cannot see the light on both sides of the issue. You post does not contribute to the conversation at all, which is a shame, because maybe we could both learn something from each other, but you've shut your mind to open-thinking which is what is poisoning some of these folks here who need real help, not the subpar chemist "advice" that is being offered here.
>>
>>6037518
really thank you for being a well of knowledge!

so i guess im about all figured out on what to get and how (assuming its as simple as buying anything else online)...
bica 50mg/day
finasteride 2.5mg/12h and
estrofem 2mg/day (is this oral or sublingual?)
that should be all right?

just a now irrelevant question, but wouldnt long halflifes normally be a good thing or have i misunderstood something?
>>
>>6037558
this is bait, but hrt is the only proven treatment that works
stop shilling your /pol/ shit
>>
>>6037542
>go to psychiatrist
>get referred to an endo anyway
Wow what a waste of time and money.
>>
>>6037234
bumping this question, I wanna know too.
>>
>>6037542

of course people should talk to a therapist

but trying to scare people who come here looking for help with sweeping, incorrect generalizations about HRT is fucked up yo
>>
With oral Estradiol, what dose did your doctor start you at? 2mg, 4mg?

None of mine know the correct dosages, so I have to ask here.
>>
>>6037600

Seems OK. You can take estrofem sublingually, but know that the pill is not made with that in mind, so it will take some time to dissolve. Also I forgot, get your estradiol level checked too with the other blood test. (try to have the blood sample taken as close to your next estradiol dose as possible, to have your lower level)

Personally haven't heard of the website mentioned in >>6036575 so be careful with your credit card informations.
>>
File: exampleshalflife.png (75 KB, 1480x915) Image search: [Google]
exampleshalflife.png
75 KB, 1480x915
As for short/long half-life, it not necessarily good or bad.

The theory being, you want the blood level of the drug in an interval to be effective yet not toxic (therapeutic window).

If the half-life is very short (fig 1 in pic related), there's no drug left at the time of next administration, you don't stay in the window for long. (Could be what you want in some case, like for a one-time effect, but not good if it's a chronic medication).

Figure 2 is the (almost) ideal case where the drug accumulate and the level settle in the therapeutic window. (Ignore the blue line). Where it ends up depends on half-life, dose, and time between dose, mostly.

You can get closer to 2 if you have 1, by tweaking dose or interval between dose. (half-life is constant)

Figure 3 is a medication with a long half-life - it takes time to get to steady state, but once there it will be easy to maintain. If you take a bigger dose with a long half-life, you'll overshoot the window after some time, and overdose : that's figure 4.

Of course that's a very basic overview, and there's some "tricks" to deal with case 1 and 4. If you're interested, the branch of science that deals with that is pharmacokinetics.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pharmacokinetics
http://www.lexjansen.com/phuse/2012/is/IS05.pdf
>>
>>6038244
4mg was mine, although I heard that some doctors start at 1mg and gradually increase by 1 mg every 2 weeks.
>>
I'm a 16 y/o female genderfluid, and would like to know how to hide my breasts as to appear more masculine when I feel like such... I have DD cups and nothing I tried did the trick !
It really bothers me, so thanks in advance to everyone who'll help me !
>>
File: 1459771138884.gif (174 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1459771138884.gif
174 KB, 500x375
What are women definitely better at than men?

I think a friend of mine may be transgender (mtf) and clearly talents for men just are not gonna work.

What's a job she can pursue and succeed at due to her innate womanly skills?

Something that preferably makes a lot of money.
>>
>>6036411
>don't tread on me frenchies ;w;
anyways merchi tcho gamin
>>
>>6038244
I was on 2mg daily for 4 months then my doctor upped it to 4mg daily after it didn't raise my E level enough.
>>
>>6036774
>If you're satisfied with the effect (or lack of effect of DHT, in your case), there no reason to change anything.
so far i've been on fin for like 7 months at 1mg per day and my hairline has improved slightly as new hair has appeared but the front of my hair and the crown are still kinda thin as i can see the scalp through the hair quite easily compared to other parts of my hair, also when i wash i get quite a few hairs falling out some of which appear quite fine.
My question is am i still in the shedding phase and are the fine hairs i am seeing when washing and combing new hairs growing or the product of hair follicles dying? Also i'm using bica as an AA should i up my dose of fin to 2.5mg split and taken at two intervals during the day?
>>
>>6036411
Antoine lemaire gave us an appointment, then the next one is in 6 months, just fucc my shit up
>>
>>6038592
Hmm that's an endocrinologist, right ? Did you go to a psychiatrist first ?
>>
>>6038612
Ye i am seeing one every wednesday [spoiler] my dudes [/spoiler]

>inb4 spoiler didn't work
>>
>>6038680
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>6038680
Why spoiler isn't something on all boards baffles me
>>
>>6038688
.-.
>>
so how long into a hormones trial are you supposed to know?
>>
>>6040323
3-4 months is a good mark. If you like the changes or don't, decide what you want then. Its not too late to stop with no troubles yet.
>>
>>6040411
why do i even need to take hormones if i am already a girl in my mind??
>>
>>6040323
I've been on E for two weeks and I've not felt this good in months.

Whether these are real feelings or completely placebo, I don't think it matters as far as "truetrans" goes.
>>
>>6040513
Science says hormones will alleviate the discomfort if you experience any.
>>
'sup girls. this is the dude on PM again. just had kind of a followup for y'all. What happens to your sex drive on serious doses of actual pharmaceuticals?

I ask because mine's gone bonkers and at the same time orgasm intensity has gone from 'ehhh' to 'crippling' while duration has gone from about 3 seconds to maybe 10.

Like, holy shit if this is in any way similar to a ladygasm then I'll have what she's having.
>>
>>6040571
placebo
>>
>>6040571
Masturbation feels a lot better generally. When I'm getting close I start like swinging all over the place and tensing muscles and stuff.
Probably >>6040986
>>
>>6037928
bumping this question (as a different anon) because i want to know
>>
can i be fucking my shit up by only taking 2mg if i was supposed to take 4? like if i don't up it at the right time and wait too long, i mean
selfmed
>>
I'm confused.
I feel like most of the problems bugging me in everyday life that have me down could be solved if I was born a girl, but I'd feel weird about transitioning because I don't want people to feel like they have to act different around me.
But I kinda want then to act differently? Not cause they feel obligated to, but if it was normal.
Is it normal to feel jealous of a girl but feel like you love her too? How she gets attention if she's slightly upset but when you're depressed as shit most of the time and nobody seems to care much?
Is it normal that I shaved like 4 inches of hair off of a place no-one would notice in my legs, and really wanted to do the whole leg cause it felt so good and smooth, but didn't because I wouldn't know how to explain it to my friends or my dad?
Why can't I just be happy?
>>
>>6042024
sounds familiar to me, i decided to just do it and will be starting pretty soon.
luckily for me my friends and dad have been very supportive of it
>>
>>6042035
my dad has openly stared at and mocked "trannies" in front of me
a lot of my good friend's humor comes from making fun of more ridiculous tumblr-esque gender stuff, and others believe Jenner changed her gender for a boost in fame

i mean, the stuff my friends do are at least kinda funny in context, but still my dad's a jerk
>>
>>6042052
i see, i joke around about tumblr stuff too, but sucks about your dad, do you think hed be a dick about it if you told him?
>>
>>6042064
i think he'd kick me out
we're already kinda distant, so he'd probably kick me out anyway once he can
>>
>>6042074
damn... cant advice on that one, sorry to hear
>>
How do I get cheap therapy?

by cheap i mean free

by therapy i mean being able to sit down and talk to someone i don't know so there are no repercussions
>>
>>6042085
Uhm. Depending on where you live there may be volunteer clinics, they're pretty rare though to my knowledge. I was fortunate enough to be near one but unless if you live in Cali, Portland, or Dallas (yes, Dallas) then idk how easy it'll be to find one.
>>
Also, general question to the thread. While it's unfortunately far away. Does anybody here have an idea how much a treachea shave costs? And what surgeons there are to do it? (For instance, would basically any plastic surgeon be able to do it. Or are there ones that are known for it, like there is with SRS) Ty for any replies
>>
Has anyone ever had like, a mental image or a memory that keeps you or kept you questioning? I've been sort of reflecting on the possibility of being trans, how my life would change, how people would react (almost universally negative but that's how these things go), how I'd turn out since I'm old as shit by trans standards, etc., and every so often my mind would loop back to the one trans girl I know. I have this irrational hatred of her for reasons. She's also pretty hon and nobody ever says anything about it (I feel like an asshole for saying this here though). Every time I think of her I just kinda go "eugh" because I'd probably turn out similarly since we're built similarly and that puts the whole questioning thing to bed for a while. Occasional questioning seems like a better option than living like that, but I don't know if I'm just making excuses or being realistic.
>>
>>6042220
It's your life, but I'd say dislike of one individual should not be enough to stop you from doing anything, let alone something as important and innate as fulfilling your true gender.

However, just remember that occasional questioning can very quickly spill over into serious and constant obsession (which sounds like it may have happened to you since you're asking this question 2bh) at which point you either have to takes steps towards working it out ie therapy, research etc, or actively push it down but never be able to be truly rid of it.
>>
>>6042220
>how I'd turn out since
this along with other more stupid reasons are keeping me constantly questioning if i should or not, its why i love to hear about people experience with FFS as i know ill need it.
the fear of becoming a hon is the worst, only rivaled by the dysphoria.
as the other anon said, you can denie it all you want, it will pop up again after a while stronger than before
>>
>>6036617
Anyone please? I always hear about 10mg being standard, so I'm kinda worried
>>
>>6038740
It's to stop people putting things in spoilers just for effect like that (rather than to hide actual spoilers).
>>
File: 1456609060226.jpg (99 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
1456609060226.jpg
99 KB, 768x1024
>>6040513
So that you can be a girl (or at least closer to it) with your body too. Unless "being a real girl on the inside" is enough to make you happy when you look like a man (to yourself and everyone else). Also psychological effects.
>>
>>6042834
shit that pic is scary
>>
>>6042834
what the fuck is that thing?
still probably passes better as a chick than most of the hons here though.
>>
>>6042834
this looks like any flemish woman desu
>>
>>6042859
why did my post end with a desu ? i didn't even put it there
>>
>>6042865
filters son
>>
>>6042869
i didn't even say anything after "woman"
>>
>>6042875
you sure you didnt put a tb h
>>
>>6042882
wait let me test out
desu desu desu desu desu desu
>>
>>6042875
t b h filters into desu
>>
>>6042885
SCIENCE, it works
>>
>>6042886
why tho
i wonder what f a m becomes senpai
>>
>>6042891
>>6042889
>>6042886
>>6042885
>>6042882
baka desu senpai
>>
>>6042891
donno desu senpai, memes maybe?

>>6042900
a-am i uguu~~~~~~~~?
>>
>>6042900
top kek, also check'd miself
>>
>>6042903
what did you say to get the ugu ?

FUCK NIGGERS
>>
>>6042912
i just said ugu, i thought you knew that baaaka
>>
>>6042912
baka desu senpai rofl lmao kek lol lel
>>
>>6042922
they should replace bottom with uke and top with seme on /lgbt/, now that would be kek tier desu senpai
>>
>>6042930
this, add in lesbian as yuri girl and mental illness as cancer
>>
>>6042903
>pomf
>>
>>6043411
b-but senpai im not a qt loli yet
>>
>>6042252
The problem is have isn't my face, it's my everything else. I've got an awful shoulder to waist ratio and my feet are gigantic even by male standards. As much as I like looking at timelines I'm pretty sure I'll just end up looking like someone threw a wig and dress on Frankenstein, hence my constant questioning if this is even doable even if it was something I actually wanted.
>>
>>6043657
yea iktf.
i feel like my shoulders are those of a quaterback, does anyone know where to measure shoulder width from and what the female ranges are?
at the very least my feet are sorta small at a 42eu
>>
>>6043657
Fat redistribution does add a lot to the waist/hips, and if you dress to hide your poor features and accentuate your qualities you can get away with a lot. Not to mention that muscle entropy will slightly reduce the muscle mass in between bones, which although small, can actually significantly reduce your height and frame to the eye.

I feel you on the shoes senpai, not all of us can have bound chinese concubine feet like >>6043676 but some websites do offer ladies shoes in sizes equivalent to like a 15 mens. They're expensive, and they're certainly not louboutins, but they'll do the job...
>>
>>6043701
>muscle entropy
Fuck I'm an idiot. I meant to say muscle atrophy...
>>
>>6043701
>have bound chinese concubine feet
as nice as that is, its still rare that i come across womens shoes in my size, most seem to stop at 40 or 41 or even smaller
>>
should i stop taking spiro a few days before my orchiectomy? doesnt it thin the blood? the nurse said it would be ok im just paranoid and would like to make sure...
>>
How can I tell the difference between whether I want to be female, or want to be trans?
Is there even a difference?
I'm kind of in a shitty spiral-y flip-floppy place right now and this is the latest in a fucking pile of doubts...
>>
>>6043701
I just wish I knew how much that stuff would impact me. I'm in my late 20s, so bone growth is done most likely. If I knew what I was buying into maybe if take the whole thing more seriously than just a passing curiosity that puts me on this board once in a while.

I still remember meeting my older cousin for like the second time when I was a teenager and her telling me I should "try being a girl for a day, it's fun!" Really wish I could, tbqh.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.