[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are asexuals welcomed here?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 8
File: ancient boy.jpg (90 KB, 1600x969) Image search: [Google]
ancient boy.jpg
90 KB, 1600x969
Are asexuals welcomed here?
>>
>>5970292
More than biscum
>>
>>5970304
Why? With bis you can get laid whatever you are, with asexuals you can't get laid whatever you are.
>>
>>5970292
Yeah, asexuals even have their own general. >>5945184

Asexuals are treated with as much hostility as any other group on this board (except maybe bisexuals, because reasons I've yet to figure out).
>>
File: EbVsOo.jpg (69 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
EbVsOo.jpg
69 KB, 1280x720
>>5970292
The same way otherkins are accepted, as the mentally ill.
>>
>>5970292
No, and asexuals need to stop forcing their way into LGBT spaces. The only reason asexuals think they belong here is because David Jay (a STRAIGHT white man) created AVEN and then has consistently tried to worm his way into LGBT since.

Asexuals do not face the same oppression that LGBT people do. They are not fired from jobs, kicked out of their house, literally murdered on the street, etc. Your friends saying "that's kinda weird but whatever" or a partner wanting to have sex (something every healthy romantic relationship is built upon) is not oppression.

On top of that, "aces" are extremely homophobic, often complaining how mean gay people are, how nasty gay sex is, how they hate how every LGBT space (spaces they don't belong in in the first place, mind you) is "so sexual."

Plus, they've started this "spectrum" bullshit, claiming that not wanting sex sometimes and wanting sex other times makes you asexual, as if that's not something every human being feels at times. Not to mention the bullshit that is the split attraction model.

Long story short: asexuals have no recorded LGBT history. They were not at Stonewall. They didn't help during the AIDS crisis. They are not oppressed. They do not belong in our spaces.
>>
File: i-have-a-question.png (371 KB, 551x524) Image search: [Google]
i-have-a-question.png
371 KB, 551x524
>>5970292
>>5970390
Real talk though: why do asexuals even want to come to the sexuality-discussion board when there are all these other boards that discuss hobbies and interests they actually participate in?

To my way of thinking, an asexual posting on /lgbt/ is like a deaf guy posting on /mu/. What's the point?
>>
>>5973306
That's exactly what I was just thinking. I was under the impression Asexual was just "I don't care about sex"
>>
>>5971918
>LGBT spaces
>oppression
>homophobic
>Stonewall

Who let the bluehairs in?

Just call them virgins and leave it at that. It doesn't matter, ultimately.
>>
>>5973306
>what's the point?

attention whores, plain and simple.

there is zero other reason to announce disinterest in sex any more than going to a salad bar and proclaiming you hate vegetables.

they contribute nothing but dramatics and negativity to the discussion.
>>
>>5973306
>>5973317
Because the very vast majority of "asexuals" are straight people who think not wanting sex sometimes makes them asexual, and they (incorrectly) think being asexual makes them LGBT. They think it's some sort of hip, cool club to be in.

I imagine actual asexuals, the very rare people who genuinely never experience attraction to anyone and never want sex, just want to be left alone.
>>
>>5970292
>that cute boytinkler
my girldick is diamonds
>>
File: 1404548865111.png (287 KB, 541x659) Image search: [Google]
1404548865111.png
287 KB, 541x659
>>5973497
You're goddamn right.
>>
>>5971918
>often complaining how mean gay people are, how nasty gay sex is
Really? I've identified as ace for several years now, spent several months lurking on AVEN, and am a regular participant of both /acegen/ and the reddit asexual community, and I've only ever encountered one ace who says that gay sex is particularly gross. Unless you mean aces saying sex in general is gross, but that's not something said specifically about GAY sex.

>>5973306
Mainly because asexuals still have a need for sexuality-related discussion, they're set apart from the general population because of their abnormal orientation.

>there is zero other reason to announce disinterest in sex any more than going to a salad bar and proclaiming you hate vegetables.
_BOTH_ of those make sense in the context of relationships though. If you're dating someone, it's important to let them know that you're asexual. Likewise, if your significant other offers to take you to a salad bar, then it's a pretty good idea to let them know you don't like vegetables. Asexuality _WOULD_ be a non-issue, if we lived in a vacuum. But we don't.
>>
>>5970292
No. No one goes to /mu/ to tell them how they don't like any music.
>>
>>5970390
>Asexuals are treated with as much hostility as any other group on this board
lol, no. Everyone hates you. More than trannies even.
>>
>>5975145
>Because the very vast majority of "asexuals" are straight people who think not wanting sex sometimes makes them asexual
It's simpler than that. The vast majority of asexuals are fat white girls who want to jump on the queer-snowflake bandwagon and they don't have to do anything but show up.

At least people would expect you to eat a pussy if you faked being a lesbian.
>>
>>5977508
>I've identified as ace for several years now, spent several months lurking on AVEN, and am a regular participant of both /acegen/ and the reddit asexual community
>>
>>5977573
Congratulations, anon. You've demonstrated your mastery of the quote function.
>>
>>5977610
You're blind to how that's laughable the same way you're blind to sex.

It's funny because the anon was serious.
>reddit asexual community
>pfft
>>
>>5977637
What's so funny about that? There is a small asexual community on reddit.
>>
>>5977653
It's just like usual. Everyone is laughing, loving and having fun and you don't understand it.
>>
>>5977741
Does this have something to do with redditors being considered "memes" around here?
>>
>>5977743
It probably has to do with the fact that asexuals don't belong here.
>>
>>5973306
being trans has nothing to do with sexuallity and they are still a part of lgbt.
>>
File: PregLady.jpg (94 KB, 690x960) Image search: [Google]
PregLady.jpg
94 KB, 690x960
>>5970292
Sure, Asexuals are our friends.

Preggophiles are welcome too.

LGBT community reaches out to Asexuals and Preggophiles, nobody should be marginalized because of sexual orientation and attraction.
>>
>>5970292
Just because we dont understand you doesn't mean we don't love you :)
>nice butt btw
>>
>>5978020
>nobody should be marginalized because of sexual orientation and attraction.
except for those weird-O pan-thingy's
>>
File: Pregnant Hatsune Miku.jpg (850 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Pregnant Hatsune Miku.jpg
850 KB, 1000x1000
>>5978020
Pregnant anime! You know she done it ;-)
>>
Honestly OP? You're welcome but 4chan is a very hypersexualised place. If you can take it, that's ok, but almost all posts on /lgbt/, as well as most other boards, are to some degree sexual or about "how to obtain partner for sex" or "will x hobbie make me attractive enough for sex partners" OR "I miss the person I used to have sex with/I never got to have sex with the person I wanted to boo hoo".

If you can push past that, AND the general shittery of the people who post here and the content they post, sure. Knock yourself out I guess.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.