[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Trans Help General #97
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34
File: Trans Help General.png (208 KB, 694x907) Image search: [Google]
Trans Help General.png
208 KB, 694x907
This is the Trans Help General thread. We'll try to help you here with everything related to being transgender.
This includes questioning, appearance, daily trans problems, medical info, general info and other interesting stuff to name a few.

MTF, FTM and questioning people are all welcome here to help eachother and discuss possible solutions.

You can also share your transgender related stories here. Just came out? Or you just need to get something off your chest?
Maybe something wonderful happened today! We'll be glad to hear it, it's always good to know we're not going through this alone.

Links:
Articles, Studies and General information about Questioning, Transitioning and other stuff: http://pastebin.com/CyW1dXV8
Lots of useful links about/for transgender people: http://pastebin.com/h1vLPxyV
Transgender FAQ: http://pastebin.com/8QbKyShU
Am i trans/ trans help threads archive:
http://archive.loveisover.me/lgbt/search/text/trans%20help%20general%20%23/username/annicole/type/op/

Therapists: http://www.t-vox.org/index.php?title=Therapists_by_region
http://therapists.psychologytoday.com/rms/prof_search.php
sort by transsexual issues

What will hormones do?
mtf: http://imgur.com/lDBLSVR
ftm: http://imgur.com/HqTqvJg

Previous thread: >>5689026
>>
>>5718940
OK, so, let me preface this by saying I realize I've put myself in this situation and am an idiot.

I've come out to my parents and friends and I've been on hormones for close to 9 months now. I've been getting facial electrolysis, buying new clothes, perfecting skincare, pretty much all the stuff you should probably do. The clinic I go to is informed consent, and up to now I've just been waiting to look presentable enough to start the RLE, but here's the catch:

I'm not really trans. I'm not even AGP. I mean, I wish I were born a girl and all, but nothing else fits. I behave like a guy, I don't any any real dysphoria, and I don't think I'm emotionally or socially capable of fitting in as a girl. But I don't want to just stop though, I like what the hormones are doing for my appearance, and I'd still like to look and dress like a girl...

I don't really see a way out here. Basically what I'm asking is, how can I make it work as a straight-acting guy who looks like a girl? And how do I salvage what little dignity I can at this point?
>>
One question here:
Im on my way to transition,before I start a psychotherapist has to take a look at me,I know i have gender dysphoria because other psychotherapist has looked at it earlier,and i have had it since I was like 12~,still,im having doubts,and I think I may regret if I go on,but I also think I will probably regret it too if I let this chance pass,has anyone passed through this too?Tips?
>>
>>5718979
Worst case scenario I guess you could go /femgen/.
>>
>>5718979
>I've come out to my parents and friends and I've been on hormones for close to 9 months now. I've been getting facial electrolysis, buying new clothes, perfecting skincare, pretty much all the stuff you should probably do. The clinic I go to is informed consent, and up to now I've just been waiting to look presentable enough to start the RLE
Sounds good.
>I'm not really trans.
You what.
>I'm not even AGP. I mean, I wish I were born a girl and all, but nothing else fits. I behave like a guy, I don't any any real dysphoria, and I don't think I'm emotionally or socially capable of fitting in as a girl.
You fucking what.
>But I don't want to just stop though, I like what the hormones are doing for my appearance, and I'd still like to look and dress like a girl...
>>5713883
>I don't really see a way out here.
Detransition is the only escape, but you can't really undo everything.
>how can I make it work as a straight-acting guy who looks like a girl?
>>5689526
>how do I salvage what little dignity I can at this point?
You have fucked up well beyond the point of 4chan's help. Therapy ASAP.
>>
>>5718940
So I've been talking to a therapist. Just talking about my crazy has helped immensely with feelings of hopelessness. The only thing stopping me is what the worst case scenario could be.

If I stay the way I am I will probably "accidentally" kill myself with alcohol sometime before I'm 30.

If I go through with it, worst case scenario, I never "pass". But what could that mean? I have boobs, I'm sterile and I look like a faggot? When I start I'm not going to pluck my brows and wear dresses after a month in because I'm not some delusional hon. I'd rather rock the androgynous look at long as possible instead of make a fool of myself. I've heard parts of the transition described as "potato mode" instead of girl mode or boy mode.

Maybe I should ask /femgen/ about this, being failed trans is what a lot of them are good at.
>>
>>5718992
I have been on hormones for a while and I still have fractions of doubt. These feelings pass away pretty quickly and the feelings of dysphoria are still there so I know I'm doing the right thing. Also being addressed as 'she/her' is the best thing and I feel home as a girl. I think those doubts you may have may be symptoms of dysphoria or perhaps internalized transphobia, e.g. you don't want to be trans because you hate trans people or something along those lines.
Just go for it anon, take a leap of faith and avoid hondom!
>>
>>5719021
>If I stay the way I am I will probably "accidentally" kill myself with alcohol sometime before I'm 30.
Well then you can't do that. Take that off the table.
>If I go through with it, worst case scenario, I never "pass". But what could that mean? I have boobs, I'm sterile and I look like a faggot?
That's right. Until you get surgery to fix yourself, that is. Hopefully it will become more sophisticated/less costly in the near future but that's wishful thinking. If you throw enough money at it anyone can pass.
>When I start I'm not going to pluck my brows and wear dresses after a month in because I'm not some delusional hon. I'd rather rock the androgynous look at long as possible instead of make a fool of myself.
A very, very good idea. Go ahead and pluck your brows though. Just don't try to present female in public until at least 3 generals here say you could pull it off. Embrace androgyny full on in the meantime, and get as close to femme as possible without doing anything only a woman could do within the bounds of society.
>I've heard parts of the transition described as "potato mode" instead of girl mode or boy mode.
That's not really androgyny per se, that's more of the periods when facial fat distribution is not quite done yet and you still have masculine fat on your face while feminine fat is coming in. You will not look terribly masculine or feminine, but neither will you look androgynous. How is this possible, you might ask? Well you don't really look like a person that's how. You could more accurately be described as a potato.
>>
>grow out facial hair for a few weeks
>hardly anything, just a patch on my chin
>tfw not sure if bothered buy it or not
>have a free consultation for discussing how to remove it

is this a test of how I truly feel about myself?
>>
>>5719085
Uh, no? You do need to remove it though if you're mtf, just sayin'.
>>
>>5719057
>That's right. Until you get surgery to fix yourself, that is. Hopefully it will become more sophisticated/less costly in the near future but that's wishful thinking. If you throw enough money at it anyone can pass.
>If you throw enough money at it anyone can pass.
When I was younger I didn't like the idea of ffs. Now that I'm a bit older I understand that might be a real need.

I'm comfortable with the idea of spending money on ffs. I'm not a materialistic person and would rather make myself happier than go on a vacation or buy "stuff". My biggest money sink is student debt, I've minimized most of my spending pretty well.

Thanks for the reassuring reply and clarifying the "potato mode" term I herd.
>>
>>5719160
Understood. Its like 40 for a half hour session. Might be all I need.
>>
>>5719172
Sounds expensive if it's double that for an hour, idk. But then, if it's close and they're experienced should be fine.
>>
I have a question but I guess it would count as to be off-topic. Could I as a cis male get testosterone to look more manly? As I've seen plenty of ftm's who look a hell more manly than I am...
>>
>>5719482
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=effects+of+anabolic+steroids+on+men

The short of it is you'll lose fat, gain muscle, go bald, have your testes return to your body, and become extremely angry all the time.

How have you not heard what steroids do - or if you have - how did you not know steroids were testosterone?
>>
>>5719520
Haha well first off thanks for the quick reply and the lmgtfy ;) . Yes so I've understood but the reason I'm asking here is because I'm looking for first hand experiences.

I do have a general idea of what steroids may do to the body and that testosterone has a similar effect on the body aswell. And no I did not know that steroids = testosterone.. Sorry for the tard question btw
>>
>>5719482
if you take testosterone as a cis guy you will get tits which i think is a hilarious reversal
>>
File: 1010101.jpg (45 KB, 440x500) Image search: [Google]
1010101.jpg
45 KB, 440x500
Anyway you friends know about getting online T?
>>
>>5719573
Haha yeah I bet lol
>>
File: 111111.jpg (75 KB, 570x461) Image search: [Google]
111111.jpg
75 KB, 570x461
>>5719577

asking on-topic // FtM
>>
>>5719590
Excess testosterone is turned into estrogen... Estrogen grows tits... Bitch tits anyone?
>>
>>5719028
Im pretty sure Im not transphobic as Im the kind of person that doesnt give a shit about what people does unless it affects me, but I also think this can be related to something my psychotherapist said, that maybe what I was really doubting is about self-acceptance and how I think people would react about it.
>>
>>5719577
Go through the same channels roiders do, whatever that means locally. When you start, start gradually or you'll be worse off for it. And do tons of research beforehand.

I'm curious, why you want/need to DIY it?
>>
File: kill-me-snowman.jpg (59 KB, 604x452) Image search: [Google]
kill-me-snowman.jpg
59 KB, 604x452
Why is the mental and emotional aspects of being trans so goddamn muddled and hard to understand? Every person ever it seems, cis or trans, talks about how you just *know*. But that's the kicker: I...don't. Am I trans? Am I a “woman trapped in man's body?” Am I just a feminine guy? I doubt it, I want boobs. I was referred to as “her” a day or so ago and that felt really right.

But...ugh, I don't know. I should be in therapy but I wouldn't be able to afford it. I've had a tab for ADC open for over a month, with Spiro and Estradiol in my shopping cart. Just a hair over $100 for 3 months worth. I can afford that. But I just can't hit that buy button. Something stops me and I don't know what it is.

Help me, /helpgen/. What am I doing?
>>
I'm looking for US surgeons that use buccal mucosa to line the neovagina other than Bowers. A friend of mine is looking for a surgeon before their insurance runs out, and a two year wait is too much
>>
>>5720943
Start sending emails, and explain the situation.

Bowers may also end up with an opening where she could do it sooner. Get her on a wait list with Bowers.
>>
>>5720870
>Am I trans?
Only one person here knows that and they're not going to be replying to you.
You need to figure that out for yourself. Do you think you could live the rest of your life as you have so far? Most trans people who do transition suffer severe dysphoria, and really have no choice but suicide or transition. Then there's... >>5718979 ...this. Don't do this.
>What am I doing?
Letting testosterone rape your body. You must make a decision, one way or the other. Honnery grows from idleness.
>>
>>5720870
If you're relatively young you should just do it.
Worst case scenario you pussy out, break your dick and grow boobs. But then you'll know. Most of the really noticable side effects take 3 months anyway.

It's not normal to be fixated on something like this. Do you think normal people think about this as much? Do you have a history of OCD? No? Just do it. You'll be obsessing about this for years if you don't. So many people sit on the fence like you do for years.

So yeah, I'm saying it might be worth it for your peace of mind to potentially "make the mistake" now instead of later.
>>
Do my parents need to know if I go for the conventional method of getting meds if I'm under 18?
Hypothetically, of course.
>>
>>5721209
Nope. Be sure to tell your doctor not to send anything in the mail though.
I almost made that mistake.
>>
>>5721224
Do you need to go to a therapist or can the doctor just prescribe it?
>>
>>5721247
You will need to be diagnosed with Gender Dysphoria, so a therapist is necessary.
>>
File: horrid daemonfrog laugh.png (280 KB, 606x568) Image search: [Google]
horrid daemonfrog laugh.png
280 KB, 606x568
How do I start with developing a female voice? I've seen a lot of different tutorials, but I'm afraid if I don't choose the right one I'll fuck up and end up sounding pic related-y.
>>
How do I tell my wife I want to be a sissy?
>>
>>5721385
Come with me to the gay bath house.
>>
>>5718940
I asked this in the last thread, but I'm hoping to hear some other peoples input.

This question is for anyone that is on hrt (ftm),
have you noticed any changes in your ability to concentrate, like on school work, from before you started hrt to now?
If so what changes, and how long into hrt did you notice them?
>>
How do I find a good therapist in my area who's also extremely cheap?
>>
>>5721399
kill her and wear her body like a suit for your private fetish party
>>
>>5722084
You do not.
>>
>>5721309
Choose the one recommended by an actual speech therapist, like this (mentioned in the pastebin):
http://webjedi.net/projects/lgbtq/speech-therapy/
Also this:
http://pastebin.com/dgipdsge

Feedback is more important than the method of training. You're going to have trouble either way if someone isn't there to tell you to stop sounding like a croaking frog.
>>
>>5722084
Check with your healthcare provider. They may offer you a few free sessions with someone, followed by very very cheap sessions (and make sure that therapist is _not_ a hon).
>>
>>5722286
>Feedback is more important than the method of training
this here is the reason im considering a speech therapist, just to get the feedback. posting my voice on 4chan seems meh as fuck.
>>
File: Exhaustian.png (138 KB, 264x270) Image search: [Google]
Exhaustian.png
138 KB, 264x270
>>5723861
I'd get a speech therapist, but that shit is so, so expensive.
Maybe I could just tear out my vocal chords and learn sign language.
>>
File: 1452281729982.jpg (49 KB, 645x623) Image search: [Google]
1452281729982.jpg
49 KB, 645x623
gonna ask again because I'm an annoying little shit and the last time only got 1 reply
how does one come out to parents/family, also how did it go for you?
>>
>>5724120
>how does one come out to parents/family
idk. my way was pretty shitty but i'll tell anyway. i wrote my mom a msg in the morning that i needed to talk to her after she got home from work so i couldn't chicken out. then my parents and i sat down at the kitchen table and i broke down crying without saying a word. they got worried real bad and pressured me to tell more and more. every word was a fight but after half an hour or a little more i got it out finally. they were relieved that it was "only" trans stuff after the scene i made.
telling my brother was easier but i haven't told anyone else yet.
>>
give me money for FFS and related things
you have 5 months
>>
>>5724598
sure, just post your credit card information here and i'll ship you the money within 3 week days. a pic from the front and back of your credit card will suffice.
>>
>>5724633
Very trustworthy prince would recommend
>>
Um, i made a thread witha question about growth after puberty and mones and someone referred me here. I'll just paste it here

I'm a 21 years old male with a slight bit of dysphoria both about some parts of my body and the concept of being a man, masculinity and such, but I don't think I'm trans.
I have a small body, I don't know if I could call it feminine, but I'm slim and not muscular. I don't know about my face but I don't think it's too masc. Overall I'm okay with my body, and I was hoping to be able to keep it and my face like they are now until my thirties. Recently I read about guys having a second stage of puberty during their 20s where they get bigger (chest and shoulders specially because ossification isn't complete in those areas until later) and get a more masculine face.
The possibility of getting bigger and more masculine scares me a lot, but I don't know how common it is. Does it happen with significant physical changes to a lot of people or only a few? I didn't even know this stuff happened at all, so I have no idea, really would like to know.

Now, assuming these changes happen to most people and are significant, what can I do to stop it? I see a lot of the guys in femgen take normal MtF HRT, although maybe in low dosages. Do I have to get into it or is there something not as extreme? I'd rather not have to take actual trans meds.
If that's the only way, what should I take and where to buy it? I've seen Spiro and Progynova are cheap on qhi, but I've read bad things about qhi's spiro. InHouse doesn't ship to my country. I don't live in the US so there's no informed consent or any of that here, either a doctor prescribes you those meds or there's no getting them in a normal pharmacy.

tl;dr im a 21yo relatively andro guy who wants to stay like this until at least my thirties. is it likely i'll get significantly more masc during my 20s and if so, what should i take and where should i buy it?
>>
going to message a surgeon about bottom surgery, what sort of questions should I ask them?
>>
i got a SUPER cheap groupon for a laser place near my house. $75 for 3 treatments of full face. i went on their website and they use the alma soprano ice laser. is this like actual laser or are they just using laser to mean ipl? i have no idea what all the terminology on the manufacturer's site means...
>>
it seems like the most viable place to actually see a therapist is in an LGBT center but...

i don't really trust "LGBT" stuff very much (except 4chan really) - if i go there am i just going to get tumblr memed by some hon (>>5723796) or basically get stuck with someone with really rigid views?
(ex. one thing i am concerned is that i am or was AGP and even here people tell me i'm making it up)
>>
>>5728863
i mean viable for me, considering insurance and travel options. it's possible there is one other place but who knows?

and additionally i suffer from things like depression, etc. so while trans stuff is one issue i have problems with, it would need to be part of a comprehensive program
>>
I'm male but for a while now I've been uncomfortable with stuff associated with masculinity. I don't like being seen as guyish and hate my body hair, plus I feel like I'd be more comfortable if I was born female. At the same time, I've sort of got the mindset of 'just deal with the cards you were dealt' about my body; I'm not unattractive as a guy and have a wife and stuff so perfectly fine using my dick.

I guess I want to know if I'm just in denial or if it's alright to feel like your not a guy, while not feeling any need to chase HRT or anything.
>>
Are bangs and glasses the best way to cover a brow until ffs?
>>
>>5728863
>>5728866
go there and see the therapist. if they are a hon or have really rigid views you can leave. they can't force you to anything so the worst case would be a few wasted hours tops.
>>
>>5728877
>or if it's alright to feel like your not a guy, while not feeling any need to chase HRT or anything.
of course it is alright. why did you inform yourself about trans stuff if you have no desire to do it?
>>
>>5729020
I didn't inform myself so much as came to the realisation by accident. Been suffering from mental health issues for years so lots of introspection, it's just something that I became aware of. I've looking stuff up since to help understand what I'm feeling though.

As for having no desire to transition, I'd say there's some desire there. It's something that I'd like to do if I was being honest to myself, but there's too many things that make it feel unfeasible. My wife knows about all this but we want kids one day, and I dunno if I'd be willing to give up the chance to be a parent for the sake of feeling more comfortable. I dunno, it's confusing.
>>
File: хармс-арест.jpg (14 KB, 350x254) Image search: [Google]
хармс-арест.jpg
14 KB, 350x254
What's better:

- Injections
or
- Sublingual micronised estrogen?
>>
>>5729025
>I'd say there's some desire there.
where's it coming from?
>but there's too many things that make it feel unfeasible
things like?
>and I dunno if I'd be willing to give up the chance to be a parent for the sake of feeling more comfortable.
sperm freezing is an option. adoption too.
>>
>>5729026
Injections>POWER GAP>Patches>Micronized E/Gel>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Gypsy blessings>Non micronized E
>>
>>5729032
>where's it coming from?

I don't know really. I think it's down to frustration that other people see me as a guy and assume I'll be into certain things or act a certain way. I feel like if I physically looked more feminine, people might see me more like how I see myself. It's not a matter of hating what I see in the mirror though, my body is just the one I was given. Shit happens.

>things like?

How would my wife/family/small town react if I acted on any of this? Would I end up being even more uncomfortable with who I am? What if it's something that can be solved easier, like changing how I dress? In fact, I've been thinking of becoming more androgynous so any tips on that would be appreciated.

>sperm freezing is an option. adoption too

Good point.
>>
>>5729044
Can you explain why? I am just new to this and, well, opinions on this differ and I do not know what to choose and I want to choose wisely.
>>
>>5719577
InHousePharmacy and AllDayChemist are popular online sites. Some countries have issues with bringing meds through customs though.(I'm in USA, no issues) Can't say with 100% sureness that these sites sell FTM meds, but I'd be kinda surprised if they didn't since they have MTF meds. I buy from AllDayChemist because its costs me much less than InHouse.
>>
>>5729044
And also where can I read more on ways of distribution and specific drugs?
>>
>>5729051
>It's not a matter of hating what I see in the mirror though
>Shit happens.
doesn't sound like you enjoy looking in the mirror either?

>How would my wife/family/small town react if I acted on any of this?
i feel you. am scared of it too but i had good responses so far. i'm not in a relationship though but if your wife is accepting right now and you involve her in the process there is a good chance she'll stay with you. if you want to transition of course.
>Would I end up being even more uncomfortable with who I am?
do you feel like you would?
>changing how I dress?
do it! see for yourself. can't give you many tips but some more form fitting clothes that hide shoulders and produce a lean form could be a start? i don't really know, sorry.
>>
>>5729056
Injections only have to be done once every week/every two weeks depending on the substance while offering steady hormone levels.
Patches do the same but they come with skin irritability problems, some of them are huge, etc. Annoyances basically.
Gel/Micronized provide a huge hormone spike for about two hours and then sink to low levels rather fast. I doubt there is much research on this matter but as far as my personal opinion goes: with this method SHBG will surely rise which is defenitely not what you want, excessive (sex) hormones are usually quickly stored in the liver. Although gel does this to a lesser degree than pills it is a pain in the ass to apply in general from a pure convenience point of view.
Lastly, non micronized E has to go trough the liver twice, there is some research on this suggesting that this both increases the amount of SHBG and lowers the amount of IGF-1 (which is partly responsible for breast growth). So really, if you can get injections you should get them as they most closely mimic natural hormone distribution.

>>5729083
Googling shit and asking either in this thread or making one specifically about drugs, they come into existence every now and then.
>>
>>5729083
http://www.transgendercare.com/medical/resources/tmf_program/tmf_program_regimens.asp

http://www.bumc.bu.edu/endo/clinics/transgender-medicine/guidelines/

idk if they are good sites but when i read through them they seemed so.
>>
>>5729026
imo injections, just because its a more constant source of estro, and your levels arent jumping around as much, but then implant is god tier.
>>
>>5729093
>doesn't sound like you enjoy looking in the mirror either?

I think that's fair, it is what it is. Not a good thing or a bad thing.

>am scared of it too but i had good responses so far.

I'm happy things went well for you! Sure it will continue to go better than you expected, you shouldn't be scared. Things work out for the best.

>if your wife is accepting right now

She's been great. Freaked me right out figuring out how to tell her I don't feel like a man. I think it's mainly the physical side that worries me; I know she loves me but what if she didn't like how I ended up looking? I'd gladly take her over transitioning if it came down to it.

>do you feel like you would?

I have a lot of anxiety issues and I worry that if I transitioned badly, my self confidence would get worse. I'd rather be accepting of this body than unhappy with another.

Decided I'm going to change my wardrobe a bit, I'm lucky in that I have a good figure and suit eyeliner so can pretty easily go full andro-mode. Thanks /lgbt/, first time here and you guys seem chill.
>>
>>5729116
>I know she loves me but what if she didn't like how I ended up looking?
then you need to talk to her about it and make sure that she thinks about it long and hard.
>I'd rather be accepting of this body than unhappy with another.
wait, so are you unhappy about your body right now or not? if so: people usually can't decide what they like so accepting something you don't like with the very real possibility of changing it isn't an easy thing to do. you'd be unhappy with the other body because you think you wouldn't pass or because you'd grow breasts, hip and thigh fat, lose muscle mass and all that girl stuff? why are you unhappy about your body right now btw?
>I'm happy things went well for you!
thank you :)
>Decided I'm going to change my wardrobe a bit, I'm lucky in that I have a good figure and suit eyeliner so can pretty easily go full andro-mode.
that's a great idea and to be honest i am quite jealous. if you have no problem now to go full andro then you shouldn't have many problems to pass. worst case scenario there is still FFS.
>>
>>5729162
To be honest I've only got to the point of realizing I identify as a woman, I don't fully know to what extent that goes. Right now I'm alright with 'putting up' with this body, it's not bumming me out as such. Maybe I'll understand it more in time, with is why I think going andro is a good middle grand for now.

Thanks for helping me think this through anon.
>>
>>5729183
you will understand yourself more with time and experimenting. an advice i want to give you though is please don't overthink stuff. if you feel like you have an answer to a question don't question yourself over and over again but move on. trust yourself that you do know yourself even if it isn't apparent to you right now.
have a good one, anon.
>>
File: itsapartofurdna.png (340 KB, 496x542) Image search: [Google]
itsapartofurdna.png
340 KB, 496x542
>>5718940
Giving body alterating hormones to kids is what kills me. Whatever happened to you're beautiful no matter what they say? How the fuck do they really expect toddlers to know they want to be another sex?

I feel fear for the kids who do not want to stay with their new assigned gender and are left with a rekt and literally unnatural body that can never go back. I think the adults here are EXTREMELY irresponsible and also deluded.

Again, transgender 3 year olds being given hormones at a young age, in the hopes that their adult body will be more suited to the professed "correct" sex. This is as impossible to reverse as making a vagina into a penis or vice versa.

The kids are stuck with the decision to full-body disfigure themselves, that "they made" as toddlers, for the rest of their lives. There simply must be a better way, this is as terrible as not letting someone be gay if they are gay.

None of this shit permanent body-modification should be considered till adulthood, that includes circumcision too (for any of you cutfags, if you wonder why wearing a condom feels so bad, it's because the most sensitive part of your cock was cut off because your parents thought that would look better).

Circumcision is the most prolific and widespread abuse of children On The Daily, and we treat it like it's normal.

Again, no permanent body modification is ok on children. Allow them to grow up and make these decsions for themselves. HOLY HELL!
>>
>>5729068
>>5719577
Testosterone (the "ftm med") is an anabolic steroid and is subject to the same regulations. It's widely illegal to purchase and grey-area to use without a prescription.

So you either jump through the hoops and play the waiting game, or find steroid forums and start buying from the highest reviewed basement chemist.
>>
>>5729259
are toddlers now between 12 and 18 years old?
>>
>>5729267
12 year olds are still kids, but 3 year olds can get hormones in the UK. Burgers have had some very young kids get hormones also.
>>
>>5729280
[citation needed]
>>
>>5729259
No-one here is advocating giving 3-year-olds hormones.

You're mad about a bunch of things though and it's all off topic.
>>
>>5729099
Thanks for answering, I guess I'll consider injections then.
>>
>>5729306
This was the closet thing to a catch-all thread, like /fa/'s fucboi general. I'm not from around here though, is there a better thread I can address these concerns? I don't think it needs it's own thread, but will do if needed.
>>
Good therapists in Portland area?
>>
>>5729102
50-100mg of cyproterone acetatea? That's sick. Better donate your liver and sucide, cuz this dosage will get you to the grave rather quickly.
They use those dosages only for those with prostate cancer, normal hrt dosage is below 50mg, 25mg being a standard one.
>>
>>5729536
Endos give scripts for 50mg and very rare cases 100mg. 50mg is safe unless your a unhealthy 60yr old with liver problems
>>
>>5729099
I've read that injections of estradiol valerate lead to the spike at the beginning of the week, falling down to men's level at the end of the week. The spikes like that may contribute to rise of prolactine and risk of prolactinoma.
Is that true?
>>
File: eval.png (50 KB, 591x457) Image search: [Google]
eval.png
50 KB, 591x457
>>5730127
How is 200 pg/ml "male levels"?
>>
>>5730224
below 60 pg/ml = male levels
>>
>>5729099
>Lastly, non micronized E has to go trough the liver twice, there is some research on this suggesting that this both increases the amount of SHBG and lowers the amount of IGF-1
Does this apply to sublingual administration too? I would switch to injections months ago but I enjoy the momentary boost of energy I get from pills even though I realize it's probably ineffective as fuck.
>>
>>5730224
Will injecting it every week make a cumulative effect and make overall levels higher than those in case of singular injection?
Another question is - what level of hormones (if they're delivered with injections) is sufficient/desired for feminization if testosterone level is zero (I plan to use cyproterone acetatae)?
>>
File: Estradiol_during_menstrual_cycle.png (492 KB, 3682x1640) Image search: [Google]
Estradiol_during_menstrual_cycle.png
492 KB, 3682x1640
>>5730242
No.

>>5730246
Yes.
See pic, different endos aim for different baselines, 200-300 is what most aim for.
For maximum efficiency you'd need to find out your own maximum blood concentration that doesn't trigger excessive SHBG-release and doesn't downregulate E2-receptors.
>>
>>5730294
Thanks, and what about prolactine levels, will they be triggered by spikes too or only by general high levels of estrogen?
>>
>>5730294
how do you figure out whether the dose you are currently on is safe from SHBG?

and if you unknowingly hit the point of triggering excessive SHBG release, does it mean SHBG levels will never go down?
>>
>>5730328
Prolactin should generally increase the more estrogen is present and at the same time being inhibited by estrogen, regardless whenever or not it comes in spikes - although dopamine plays a way more important role regarding prolactin levels.

>>5730352
Lots of blood tests specifically testing for SHGB but it's not something you should worry about as long as you are in a normal female range. More e isn't always more and can lead to nasty side effects.
>>
>>5729517
Sure, we shouldn't give 3 year old girls testosterone injections or anything; it's nice that we've established that now.

>is there a better thread I can address these concerns?
You could address most of your concerns by performing simple Google searches, which would reveal that most of the things you're being incensed about don't actually happen ("most" meaning "everything but circumcision").

If you want to get legitimately angry about nonconsentual body modification, then you could do it over something like sexual reassignment surgery being performed on intersex children with ambiguous genitalia, since that's actually a thing.
>>
File: By0Shvs.jpg (38 KB, 528x960) Image search: [Google]
By0Shvs.jpg
38 KB, 528x960
Hey guys
Sorry in advance if this turns out to be a blog post.

So I just got back from my second endo appointment after they got all my blood work. I have a T level of 600 and am also extremely vitamin D deficient and 50% of my vitamin D is gone.

About the drugs, I'm paying for everything, but I still live with my parents and they don't know, and can't know for like the next 6 months or so.
How do I go about hiding this? Should I get a binder? Will any big changes happen in the first 6 months? I'm 21 years old and I already look feminine, especially in the face and hips. Would getting a binder inhibit breast growth in any way?
I'm kind of scared about this.
>>
>>5730402
Oh yeah I forgot to ask what I do to treat vitamin D deficiency
>>
>>5730381
>normal female range
well i don't think i am honestly

in my last blood results i got 170 ng/ml which is pretty low
>>
>>5730402
Don't use a binder if you're mtf, it fucks up breast tissue pretty badly over time.
For your vitamin D deficiency optimally you want to get vitamin d3 soluted in medium-chain triglycerides. A dosage of 4000IU/day over several months is considered safe, very high amounts can also be administered under the supervision of a doctor. You will also want to get vitamin k2 to prevent calcification of your arteries and other soft tissue. Either get something like https://www.thorne.com/products/dp/vitamin-d-k2-liquid or two products, whichever is cheaper for you.

>>5730416
You can probably up your dosage by a bit without any problems, it's slightly low now but not too bad.
>>
>>5730407
Vitamin D supplements, strangely.
>>
Non gay person here.
I've met some girls who say they identify with male, and yet dress super feminine (pink, short skirts, long hair) and get offended if called "she" or their birth name. I feel terrible because now every time I see them I feel very uncomfortable, even annoyed, and try to avoid them.
How can I become more open minded? It shouldn't bother me
>>
>>5730563
Don't cater to transtrenders for once. If they don't even bother making any effort like wearing a binder but they came out publicly then there's a 99% chance that it's just for attention.
>>
File: Depilatory-creams.jpg (42 KB, 507x338) Image search: [Google]
Depilatory-creams.jpg
42 KB, 507x338
>>5718940
Halp me and my facial hair anons.

I've neglected to permanently remove my facial hair with laser or electrolysis but I've let the rest of my transition go forward. I shave every day with a razor, and as long as I do that I pass.

I work for a living as a resort receptionist where I'm talking with wealthy clientele all day every day. Me looking my utmost is one of the most important aspects to my job as I'm basically a representative. Even the occasional pimple is embarrassing much less letting my facial hair grow out to be plucked during electrolysis or sun burn marks from laser.

Wat do?
>>
>>5730563
Apologize and move on
If the other person can't get over the "tragedy" of being misgendered, then they need to kearn that people assume things.
This is, however, one of the reasons I think I lost my most recent bf.
>>
>>5730587
Sunburns from laser last like 3 hours tops
>>
>>5730645
But what about clear or red hairs? Not just my dark ones.
>>
Anyone here on Progesterone (like microgest)?

Any positive results? I've just started cycling 200mg microgest 12 days out of 28 along with my other mones
>>
>>5730695
You'll probably need electrolysis for that eventually, but blonde and red hairs don't give you a noticeable beard shadow so you'd at least be able to shave those away and look mostly right.
>>
Has anyone any decent info on P?

What I found is that 50% of papers say 'don't use P', and the remaining say 'do use P'. Anecdotal evidence supports that it has little to no effect on breast development, but as far as I'm concerned it's great for the breast lobules and breast maturation (they developed more in the first few months than 1 year since my orchi and stopping of progestagen CPA), and for my general mood and against depression (I have mild depression UNRELATED TO my gender issues).

Also I found out that there is 2 forms of P, namely Medroxprogesterone acetate (synthetic, more readily available on the white and the black markets, less dose needed, more side effects), and natural Progesterone (micronized, harder to find on the black market, harder to get it prescribed, larger required dose, less side effects), like it was at least 2 forms of E. What I found out is that natural P is better than MPA.

I stopped CPA because I had an orchi. I'm 23, and had 2 years of HRT, my blood work is perfect, although my E (41.4 pg/ml) seems to be a bit on the low side. Raising my E any further would trigger the depressive side effects.

Although I now consider the possibility that since progestagens are addictive, and progesterone has a neuroprotective/calming effect, going from a nice progesterone level (.3 pg/ml) to zero had its count. Also, since I was 100% fine with 6 mg E + 50 mg CPA.

My endo is against me using progesterone, because she told me I needed an uterus or ovaries to make any use of it.

I'm thinking of asking my endo to get me on P, and if that's not the case, I want to try it myself to see if it has any effect on me. My experiment would be to the tune of 100 mg/night for 15 days/30 day period.

tl;dr:
> I want to self med 100 mg progesterone 15 days on/15 days off
> I understand that my breasts would not be affected, I want the emotional effects.
> Mad theory: P is an antidepressant, E is a depressant. Taking P raises E tolerance.
> How stupid I am?
>>
>>5730773
Do it 12 days out of 28

Thats how it is for most cis women.
>>
>>5730773
take whatever you want to take

hormones work with everyone differently so if you see progesterone improving your mood then keep taking it. interestingly some people are more depressed while being on progesterone but some are not
>>
>>5730836
I wanted to keep it sync with my native ~ 30 day period, but since I didn't had a period since my orchi...

>>5730849
I never took P, so I don't know the difference. The closest I had was 50 mg CPA, which is an anti-androgenic progestagen.
>>
>>5730449
Thanks
So how else do I hide breast growth? Or will I even see breast growth in the first few months?
>>
>>5730294
200-300 is pg/ml ng/ml or pmol/L? If it's pg/ml it's far too high, if it's pmol/l, then it's a bit low. ng/l should be the same as pg/ml (1 ng = 1000 pg, 1 l = 1000 ml)

Also is 40-60 pg/ml results fine (E2 pills 1 hour after morning dose)? Should I ask for more E?
>>
>>5731077
Yes, you will see, your mileage may vary, but in the first few months you are usually able to hide any possible growth with large t-shirts. Depending on how well you need to hide them.
>>
Hi everyone, I notice that feeling like a grill is sort of comforting for me, and lately I have been coming into it in times of great distress.

Recently I've been going through some really serious relationship issues and I feel like the stress from it has made me want to dress and feel more like a woman. I'm not sure what to make of this and I just woke up feeling really sad about it. Can anyone relate?
>>
>>5731243
Does your so not know/approve of this?
>>
>>5731243
Therapy.
>>
>>5731289
We've talked about it before and she was accepting and even happy about it. She may have only been taking it on face value, since she has expressed some difficulty coming to terms about how I feel in the sense of the long term implications but I've heard that's normal and I believe she could learn to accept.

Either way I started doing it again after the stressful incident so I'm fairly certain that it wasn't that setting her off.
>>
This is way too hard to figure out. Last night, I saw myself in the mirror, and I thought, just for a few seconds, that I looked pretty feminine. I was so happy, elated even. And then it was over, and I went back to being irritated at my face. But I'm terrified of breasts, and I like my penis enough. I'm on spiro, and I like the effects so far (less body hair, etc.) but the idea of living as a woman, I just can't even imagine it. What the hell am I /lgbt/?
>>
>>5731820
A person, I'd assume.
>>
I had my first visit with a therapist a few days ago. I arrived late because I'm an autistic fuck who can't find offices so she saw me the next day and I basically had 1.5 visits.

We talked about how I hate how I look and how my depression since puberty about my body has fucked my life up and how I feel like I have no control over my life and haven't been living for myself. We talked about events that happened in my life that were important for their emotional impact, we talked about my relationship with my family members, about sources of insecurity.

She wanted me to go to one of those support groups. I was hesitant, I admitted I heard stories about how "weird" people are there, then admitted my hypocrisy when she pointed it out.

Is it weird that even though I still feel awful looking in the mirror I feel better because I'm on the path to getting "fixed"? Maybe it was the crying that helped. I haven't cried like a bitch like that for a long time.

My only fear is she'll decide against hrt. Maybe it's an irrational fear. It could take a month or two before she suggests it, right?
>>
Help me pick my name letter? There is no e in my birth name, only a's

http://strawpoll.me/6831831
>>
>>5732711
I'm confused. What's a name letter? Like the letter your name starts with?
>>
Bumping this >>5729519 anon's question to suit my own interests.
>>
>>5730449
Don't use a binder if you're mtf, it fucks up breast tissue pretty badly over time.

What if I only wore it when I was around my parents? This would be about a quarter of the time. Most of the time I'm in my room working or at school.
>>
>>5731820
For me it seemed like eventually the "coolness" of being a guy was far outweighed by how shitty it made me feel deep down.
>>
>>5732711
Just pick a name you like. Getting anons to choose names with no context isn't a very good way to decide; even less so when they're just choosing "name letters" (whatever they are).
>>
>>5731820
There's no simple or clear answer for things like this; really, you have to spend large amounts of time and effort exploring yourself and figuring things out (it would help to do so with a therapist some of the time too). Fear and uncertainty can make you scared to do things even if you do really want them, and transitioning is certainly the kind of thing which that would apply to (especially considering the effects transsexualism has on your emotional state and mindset in general).

You'll frequently hear about people who have had dysphoria for years and are sure they're trans (in many senses), with no real signs of the dysphoria or their thoughts/feelings going away in all that time (and even with them getting worse), but still feel uncertain about transitioning. I know I fit into that category. You can't really know what's going to happen, but you can make an educated decision based on the information available to you; there's always going to be a risk, but you have to weigh it against the likely consequences of not transitioning and everything that entails.

Think about why you can't imagine yourself living as a woman. Is it because of fear of change, or of people's perceptions and expectations of you, or things like that? Or is it because you think you'd feel happier as a man (and if so why)?
>>
how does /thg/ like the name Tamara? i don't think it's snowflakey but i rarely ever heard it. don't socialize often though. i'm german btw.
>>
>>5733812
It's relatively common here in Spain,at leat I know a few people named like that.
>>
what's my heel size if I wear 10.5 in men's shoes (US)?
>>
what does it mean if I get butterflies every time I put on a dress
>>
>>5733970
you like putting on dresses?
>>
File: 062 - HTvu7JT.jpg (109 KB, 579x570) Image search: [Google]
062 - HTvu7JT.jpg
109 KB, 579x570
Anyone know of any good places for getting tall women's clothes? I was "blessed" with both the tall and big feet genes in my family, so I'm 6'6" with size 13 shoes, but I only weigh about 164 lbs. Are there "big and tall"-type stores for women either irl or online? For what it's worth, I wear jeans with a 33" waist and 38" length. Usually medium or large t-shirts.

INB4 "You're 6'6"? Hahaha Just give up on passing." If that's your opinion, just tell me there are no stores that could help me. I don't need to hear that claim for the billionth time.
>>
>>5733866
You'll want to double check this by wearing a pair in person before ordering online but I believe your size in women's converts to12.5 US.
>>
I'm planning on starting spiro tonight. Is there any problem with dropping 100mg immediately? When is it safe to go to 200mg?
>>
File: 1441860729739.jpg (120 KB, 753x567) Image search: [Google]
1441860729739.jpg
120 KB, 753x567
>>5733866
What the fuck does heel size mean? Do you just call all women's shoes heels because you're a footfag and crossdressing fetishist?

The not salty answer is that you can add 2 to any US men's size, so for you a 12.5
>>
>>5734575
Not really. It's usually recommended to start with a low dose of any type of medication. This allows the body to adjust comfortably and mitigates the chance of organ/mental damage. You can start with 50mg and then go to 100mg the next week to be safe, though starting with 100mg is not going to kill you.

I'm referring to this guide when I self-medicate http://pastebin.com/raw/yzMzTA5u
>>
>>5734627
Isn't that guide suggesting you take 8mg of estrogen? That seems very dubious.
>>
I don't think transitioning is a smart move. I feel like I would be throwing away a lot of money and time on the off chance that things turn out well enough that I might appear to be a woman upon cursory inspection.
It's like quitting your job to focus on your band in the hopes of becoming a rock star.
>>
>>5734679
It's likely a typo. That, or they're seriously taking 8mg. I heard someone once say they were taking 12mg recommended by their doctor. 6mg is the usual dose, though.
>>
>>5734726
>6mg is the usual dose, though
As far as I know, it's 4mg.
>>
>>5734743
That was also a typo. You're right.
>>
>>5734705
You shouldn't transition unless you feel like there's no way you could go on living as a man. It sounds to me like you want to be a woman, not that you need to be one.

It should be like quitting a job you're going to lose in 3 months anyways to focus on your band in the hopes of getting a few gigs to pay the bills.
>>
>>5734705
>It's like quitting your job to focus on your band in the hopes of becoming a rock star.

Well, it is, if staying at your job and ignoring your dreams of becoming a rock star would make you kill yourself or at the very least, be incredibly depressed for the rest of your life.
>>
>>5734792
And then feel like that when you're 40+. Very wise.
>>
File: thingken.jpg (51 KB, 900x734) Image search: [Google]
thingken.jpg
51 KB, 900x734
If I didn't see much boob growth (except nipple growth), does it mean I have to raise my E dose?
>>
>>5735470
Which form of E and what dosage are you on? How long have you been on HRT?
>>
I wish I could donate my uterus to someone who would actually want it.
>>
>>5735550
I can offer my penis in exchange, if you or someone wanted it.

k thx
>>
>>5734466
Long Tall Sally's the one I hear thrown around a lot.
>>
>>5734469
sucks because most stores only sell up to 11 US
>>
>>5734602
check your autism m8
>>
is it safe to take finasteride with spironolactone and estradiol?
Im currently taking Spiro and Estradiol
just wondering if I can take all 3 together or if I should substitute spiro with finasteride,
I've been trying to look it up and cant find a straight answer to my question but I have found dosages listed that may indicate its ok to take all 3.
I dont know... )
>>
>>5736192
theyre safe to take together. finastride is commonly prescribed with the other two.
>>
>>5735550
Does it come with a vagina? because they are better as a package deal
>>
>>5736195
Thank you, now I just need to figure out the correct dosage.
>>
>>5736198
You get ovaries, you get a uterus--you even get a cervix!

Vagina and external genitalia sold separately.

>>5735631
The future can't come soon enough.
>>
>>5736217
2.5mg daily is good, the 1mg prescribed commonly for guys is only to lessen side effects a mtf wouldn't mind, like nipple/breast swelling, or potential impotency. 5mg is high but its not a bad dose, just usually the dose for prostatic hyperplasia.
>>
>>5736217
I take 5mg fin as prescribed by my endo--mostly because that's the only branded dosage that the NHS stocks in the UK, I think. There's not much difference between 1mg and 5mg in terms of effectiveness or side-effects (the side-effects are sort of good for us anyway). But 2.5mg is probably the best and most cost effective option. Get yourself a pill splitter and save some dosh.
>>
File: 14_08_15143950891543073.jpg (23 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
14_08_15143950891543073.jpg
23 KB, 500x333
>>5718940
Does anyone into BB Creams here? I don't wear much makeup, usually only a BB Cream. It works amazingly well but seemingly only from morning to afternoon. The later half of my day it tends to look a bit melted. Should I be reapplying it around lunch time or so?
>>
File: 1449678816171.gif (1022 KB, 277x193) Image search: [Google]
1449678816171.gif
1022 KB, 277x193
How the fuck do I transition if I can't afford $900 for initial bloodwork and $200-$400 a month for T? I'm in the U.S.

It feels like all is lost and I'll never transition because of money.
>>
>>5736816
Where the hell are you pricing that from? My HRT costs $65 a month from Inhouse. Bloodwork was only a few hundred.
>>
>>5736866
I got my therapist to send my this-person-is-really-trans letter to the nearest endocrinologist who I signed up to be a patient with in my area (over an hours drive away) who will work with FtM patients. That was the estimate of the meds' cost she gave me.

How do you get your meds through Inhouse?
>>
Hi, I'm 18 and have been on 100 mg spiro a day as a DIY thing. When will the effects start kicking in? Also, sometimes my abdomen hurts on the sides, should I just drink more water or something?
>>
>>5736224
>>5736325
Thank you So Much. thats great advice.
Until I get a pill splitter, I'll just do 1-2mg I could take 1mg tablets twice daily
>>
>>5736223
Damn, I'll have to get some external female genitalia. But I'll gladly take the rest.

I wish it worked like that.... :(
>>
>>5736915
How long have you been on Spiro? and are you taking anything else?
also, what effects are you talking about. Some take longer than others
>>
>>5736984
I've been on for 5 days, but I heard you can get skin softening by like 2-3 weeks right?
>>
>>5736816
>$200-$400 a month for T
DUDE WHAT
Someone is ripping you off. T is generic. My insurance won't cover T for "sexual reassignment," so I pay $25/month out of pocket to a local compounding pharmacy. They mail me my 200 mg/mL testosterone cypionate, alcohol wipes, syringes, and large and small gauge needles. I don't know anything about Inhouse or ordering through any potentially sketchy online pharmacies, but I can tell you that you do NOT need to pay anywhere near $200/month for T. The bloodwork, I don't know about.

Do you know what the endo was going to prescribe you, specifically? Patches, gel, intramuscular/subcutaneous injections? Were you going to be buying the supplies directly from the doctor or something? They should be able to send the prescription to your local pharmacy or to one that mails meds out to people. You just pay the pharmacy for the T (not a fancy brand-name drug or anything), needles, and syringes (cheap), and I don't see how it could be that expensive.
>>
>>5737072
I don't know what she was going to prescribe me. I suppose I should get back in contact with her in order to ask. Thank you for letting me know this. Wow, $25 a month. If I'm able to get something at that price I'm going to cry.
>>
>>5737011
Nigga you aren't on estrogen if all you're doing is spiro. You're just blocking testosterone.
I swear all these DIYfags who don't know what the hell they're doing... It's funny to see this stuff on /g/ but here it's just sad.
It's not that hard to do this legit if you live in a first world country. Go talk to your doctor.
>>
>>5737186
>Nigga you aren't on estrogen if all you're doing is spiro. You're just blocking testosterone.

I fucking know that, you dumb ass, but I can't get any estrogen for a couple months and this is the best I got.
>>
>>5737262
Well you clearly don't know shit since the softer skin is a result of estrogen, and lowered testosterone is only good for hormonal acne.
>>
>>5737273
Why are you putting on such a desperate attempt? What are you trying to prove by being so aggressive?

Anyway, everyone has a base level of estrogen that is overridden if you have a shit load of testosterone. Lowering the testosterone helps feminize you at least some, although much less than getting woman like levels of estrogen. Thats why its possible to get little baby booblets on just spiro.
>>
>>5737011
Your not gonna see much results physically. emotionally and mentally maybe. but just being on spiro all your doing is reducing your testosterone. Until you start estrogen your not gonna get any feminine results.

Your only 5 days in I'm 2 weeks in. you may not notice anything for a month if at all. I dont notice much except my emotions are more sensative somewhat, but im on estrogen too. I'm calmer less stressed, and feel more comfortable. it may all be a placebo affect from just knowing im taking the pills. Who knows.
>>
>Wish I had been born a woman
>Don't want to transition because I don't really have all that much dysphoria
>Want to start hrt though
>Worried that it's just a phase
>Don't want to realize I made a mistake after being on hrt for a year or three
>Escape through TV and video games instead, jealous of women the whole time
>It's been a year since I realized why I've never like my body
>I've been an indecisive shit the entire time
GG m80s
>>
I'm going to contact a surgeon and was wondering what sort of questions I should ask them about?
>>
>>5737856
You should figure out what surgery you want before going in and sitting there clueless.
>>
>>5737864
I'm refering to SRS, Do you mean what type of SRS?
>>
File: 71zn7ZGlQ4L._SL1500_.jpg (83 KB, 398x1500) Image search: [Google]
71zn7ZGlQ4L._SL1500_.jpg
83 KB, 398x1500
>>5736429
Use this, or another less expensive variant.
>>
>>5737828
you sounds kinda similar to me.
i decided to take steps towards transitioning after my last major suicidal period and is getting stuff diagnosed now, just to make sure, and then hopefully will know if i should start hrt.
>>
>>5737828
i am very confused. so you liked your body before you transitioned? and now you dislike having a female body? why did you even consider hrt if you did not dislike your body?
>>
how can I stop having thoughts about wanting to be a girl

or wanting to die because I'll never be a girl
>>
I've heard that you're supposed to leave 6 weeks between laser sessions if you're cis female to let the hair grow out and fall out, regrow etc. Is it the same for mtf or does male facial hair growing quicker mean I should leave less time between treatments? How long was it for you?
>>
>>5729056

I'm on patches myself, they're really not that annoying unless you have some kind of allergic reaction or otherwise. Just slap them on twice a week. I've never had an issue with them coming off and I'm fairly active. I do take care not to mess with them though.
>>
>>5732828

Is it really worth your boobs? Just wear a slightly baggy hoody.
>>
>>5738739
You don't. The fables say HRT and surgery can ease the pain though.
You could get a frontal lobotomy from a Mexican or Thai surgeon though. See if that helps. Post results if you're still functional.
>>
>>5737828
I am you, 5 months in the past.
Any tips?
>>
does anyone have experience in getting their medical history from the hospital? i seriously think i'm intersex and i'm gonna go to the hospital these days to check it out. i'm looking for tips and advice if anyone has any?
>>
>>5738856
I wish. I'm in the same place I have been this whole time. I'll probably just end up taking hormones without fully transitioning.
>>
File: XaHCLTt.webm (2 MB, 460x460) Image search: [Google]
XaHCLTt.webm
2 MB, 460x460
Does anyone know of any PRIVATE Canadian insurance companies that cover GRS?

Or American insurance plans you can get/use in other countries for GRS?
>>
>>5739092
>I'll probably just end up taking hormones without fully transitioning
This is my plan right now too...
I'm way too masc to ever really pass without having bones altered through some future tech.
My instincts tell me that life shouldn't be so horrible.
>>
why do ftm pass better than mtf?
>>
>>5740743
Testosterone is a hell of a drug.
>>
>>5740743
Because there are more pretty, girly guys than ugly, masculine women.
>>
>>5740743

Female----->Male

Testosterone gives you facial hair, deepens voice, makes you gain muscles easier

Male to Female

Estrogen only gives small tits, lol goodluck working on paying tons of cash to get rid of facial hair and having to use your free time everyday just to get a barely passable voice

TLDR: testosterone is a piece of shit
>>
>>5740743
T is reely stronk
>>
>>5740763
>>5740753
This is a FTM.

Testosterone does amazing things.

Estrogen just makes you crazy.
>>
Britfags, how does the process work on NHS?
>been on antidepressants for a year
>in regular therapy
>GP mentioned contacting psychiatrist regarding gender stuff recently
Do I have to wait forever to see this shrink and get a diagnosis then wait forever and a day to get to a GIC then another forever to actually get something done?
>>
>>5740786
If I didn't feel dysphoria, I'd honestly just spend all this cash on male hormones and not female ones and become an amazing guy. Seriously, I already man up nicely if I accidentally get too much exercise and I hate how estrogen/antiandrogens make me feel. But I hate feeling big and manly.

Any FtMs wanna buddy up for a brain transplant?
>>
>>5742152
>brain transplant
WHEN
>>
>>5742189
lol I'd run over to your place and do it in a heartbeat if I could ;m;
>>
>>5740763
>>5740786
Two sides of the same coin.
Are you actually hating on MTF when you FTM?
we're all in the same boat.
>>
>>5742152
exactly! nobody would be trying to change our hormones if we were happy with what we had. Being big and manly never made me any happier, and Testosterone just made me and angry hateful person. I like how I feel with estrogen, I'm more loving and friendly and happier
>>
I just started transition MtF and as of right now closeted. Is there a way to find other Trans brothers and sisters in my area? I dont know if there is a support group or anything around me, I feel like I should meet others. All I have is Gay or Straight friends, I literally dont know anyother trans but I know I'm not the only one. but I feel I would have heard about other trans at least from my gay friends.
>>
>>5742372
Google search "local trans support group"
>>
Hi, I have a multitude of issues
first off i am not sure i am trans I mean I posted in a thread before with a picture and people said i pass(minus some small features) but idk if they were just trying to be nice; My biggest problem right now is that I want to be loved but some part of me hates women specifically they're personality but I am attracted to feminine so naturally my next feeling would be to go for a trap but. In some way my wish was fulfilled and trap seemed interested in me(not a really a trap just a fem boy) after messaging him he confessed to me sort of but it was early into our conversion and i froze up and kinda ignored it, I am not sure if i triggered it but he then told me he wasn't gay. we still talked after that but it did not not go anywhere back to that point. It was always me sending the message first and i began to feel like he was humoring me.I offered to play video games with him but he said his pc was broken(he said we defiantly would later) but from that first time the seed of doubt was placed in me. He was much fairer then me to admit the truth(people say i'm decent but i am still 5'11 and skinny but tad below average almost everything for a man) my age of early twenties.) but as kept attempting with him I began to feel shitter and creepier with each chat that went nowhere (after the first time tell me his computer broke I never offered again and he never told me his computer got fixed, he did mention he had Skype but at this point I felt horrible about myself it was hard enough starting the conversion let alone having to suggest to further things. The conversions went on for hours around many kinda deep subjects until one of us say they had to go do something(mostly him) at this point I did not even know what i was expecting I kinda fell into a dark period of my life I tried suicide but in the end i was too much a coward to take my own life. anyway after one conversion he said he will talk to me tomorrow, tomorrow.end of part 1
>>
>>5742508
tomorrow came but i fell asleep and did not message him because i was dead tired I tried to talk to him the next day but he ignored me. after that I didn't get anything my imagine of traps being understanding one of the guys and not those distant females that had no interest in my life(my mom and dads relationship mostly consist of my dad being a cash cow and my mom being a whore who honestly wish he was dead so he could get his money) had warped my view of what women are to me. But i began to realize maybe its not just women but people in general? this question really hurt me and taunted me. I wanted to be loved all my life i felt alone but the idea that someone like me existed was only hope for love kept me with hope. being ignored hurt and the question kept nagging at me. I messaged one last time to ask about something unrelated to the above another pointless conversion it went on for awhile after a few replies he seemed the same as ever but then my phone shut off and no replies after mine(maybe he though i left idk) I'll continue after a few replies
>>
>>5742508
>want to transition
>but hate women
Are you me?
>>5742572
>fear it might be people in general
Yeah you're me but you rant way more on anime image boards.

Unfortunately I think you're putting too much of an emotional investment into one person. They're going to notice this and flake because you come on too strong.

What you need are friends. You can have a bunch of those.

Head on down to the nearest trans support group. It's going to be 80% hons, 10% non-binary genderqueer girls going through a phase and 10% real people who probably don't pass either.

The good news is they're emotionally damaged goods too and also incredibly sensitive about the way others treat them. Treat them well, setup coffee dates or something.
>>
>>5742606
>real people who don't pass "either"
do i really sound like one of them?
>>
>>5742606
and whats a hon?
>>
>>5742627
You sound crazy and emotional. So maybe? You might pass. The people at the support group might pass. I'm just saying they probably don't. From what I've heard the people who to go those things usually need a support system.

I think they might make good friends because they would be lonely.

>>5742642
40-something who started to transition a few years before that. Usually with the support of his wife. Stereotypically, their image of what a women is is usually about 40 years old too. And covered in pink.
>>
>>5742651
>>5742651
That whole thing sounds terrible, I am not looking for meaningless sex and unfortunately but someone of equal standing to me but honestly I don't think its gonna happen. they're is allot more to this individual then i am saying it all started years ago in school and some other things I can't say because I fear them being on here and figuring out. These things are pretty big compared to the info i given
>>
>>5742651
allot more come to think of it, crazy shit that has me kinda worried
>>
File: CZn2he8WIAAqLJi.jpg (76 KB, 1023x834) Image search: [Google]
CZn2he8WIAAqLJi.jpg
76 KB, 1023x834
What correlation does homosexuality have with transexuality? Is a male's desire to be romantic with another male a possible cause for gender dysphoria? My therapist, who specializes in family/marriage and regularly pleads her ignorance with regards to gender/sexuality, believes this is a question worth exploring to help me find "my true self." Is she onto something?
>>
Someone help me
>>5743129
>>5743129
>>
>>5734851
i feel like i see so much conflicting info on this topic....(the >you're not really trans, or >you're just going to transition when you're an old hon anyway)
>>
>>5736866
you can't just order test like that
>>
>>5742780
There are correlations. It seems that FTMs are more commonly gynephilic than androphilic or bisexual, while MTFs are more evenly distributed among those three orientations, although there seems to be a slight bias towards gynephilic before HRT and a slight shift towards androphilic and bisexual once on HRT for a while. In any case, in both MTFs and FTMs homosexuality (relative to birth sex) is more common than in cis males and cis females.

That doesn't really say much one way or the other about whether homosexual attraction might lead to gender dysphoria and desire to transition, though; the causation might be in the other direction, or gender dysphoria and sexual orientation might both have some other cause in common in order to produce the correlations.
>>
>>5739092
>>5738856
>>5737828
....I'm with you guys. Been on hormones for like 3 months, but it's not making things clearer
>>
The only antiandrogen I can get is Spiro, but the problem is that I already have issues with high potassium and can't get blood tests.

Is it better for me to just not transition, or is there anything I can do to help significantly lower my potassium levels??
>>
I am looking for big gallery uploaded on imgur with mtfs (before and after) results please help.
>>
>>5743859
http://imgur.com/a/qWpxv
>>
>>5742508
>>5742606
You hate women because you're jealous of them. I've been there.
>>
>>5742780
>>5743284

This is not a statistical question. Or a "lets delay the transfag" question.

Here's a data point to consider: A significant number of people who detransition, self identify as cisgendered gay or bisexual.
>>
>>5745544
i think the correlation in these cases are related to stuff like internal homophobia and other self hate stuff or misconceptions about gender roles. i mean they weren't trans to begin with.
>>
>>5745583
This is exactly what I'm thinking too. It's a good point to take into consideration. But I feel it doesn't explain my case, as I didn't discover my homosexuality until long after the gender dysphoria set in.
>>
>>5745595
well what's your case? generalizations aren't useful or correct for any individual so you won't find out anything if you look for them.
>>
>>5745612
I find gay couples strange for reasons I have never been able to figure out. Identifying as a male in a relationship with another man also seems strange to me, of course not just because it would contradict my identity as a female. Perhaps it's because I have a natural dislike with my male appearance? I mean, I'm not terribly attractive. I know some things that make me feel a stronger desire to be female while other things don't, but I can't say if homosexuality has anything to do with it.
>>
>>5745761
so there's no reason for you to think that homosexuality might be the reason why you are trans? then it's unlikely to be the case. why do you think that you aren't trans for conventional reasons (gender dysphoria)?
>>
>>5745782
>prt-hrt, like women
>go on hrt, like men
how do you explain this?
im not her by the way
>>
>>5745875
>how do you explain this?
how do you? how could i possibly explain you without being you? the absolute most (even people who know what they are talking about like psychiatrists) can do are assumptions based on how you describe yourself. and 8 words are not enough for anything but meme-assumptions.
>>
>>5745875
You're conforming to gender roles and expectations to assert your femininity.

lol I don't actually know I'm just making shit up
>>
>>5745910
this could be it, but im not exactly feminine so i dont think thats the case
>>
>>5743900
>http://imgur.com/a/qWpxv
These make it look like it's possible for it to end well.

Where are the real ones?
>>
>>5740816
pretty much except not really. a GP can directly refer you to a clinic, but a psych doing it can't hurt as they can correctly say if you're suffering from being a transsexual instead of 'having some issues' so it makes you a lot more clear cut and official. The waiting list for a clinic for your first appointment is the killer. All in the uk are 12 months plus now.
>>
>>5746218
I'm not confident enough to know if I am trans after all or not. I'd prefer to get a diagnosis from a psych before waiting a year to get to a clinic for it. Waiting in uncertainty would drive me nuts. And I can dream that a specialist referral slips me higher in the waiting list than a GP one.
>>
>>5742780
I dont know if there is a correlation, What your attracted to is completely different than what gender you identify as.
I like women, Only dated women, never really interested in men. So for a long time I've lived presenting as a straight man, but thats just not who I am. and it made me very unhappy. Now I'm transitioning to a woman, because thats who i am inside.
I still am attracted to women too
>>
>>5743831
A) cut food with potassium out of your diet.
B) consult your doctor and get blood work

Considering you already have high potassium, My recommendation is to talk to your doctor, You gotta tell him/her at some point anyway.

I can't tell you whether or not to transition, thats your call.
I heard that in some cases if you're already taking meds on your own when you tell your doctor, your doctor will help you transition, and safely, they want you to be healthy.
>>
>>5743831
a friend of mine had a very bad reaction to spiro (it caused her potassium levels to go through the roof, resulting in lots of dangerous health issues). she takes micronized progesterone instead and it works great for her. her T levels are actually zero.
>>
Therapist wants me to go to a trans support group. Preferably "at least 3 times" because different people show up.

Someone tell me sometimes these are a good experience.
>>
>>5747141
Huh anon I just got exactly the same prescription.

There was actually a thread on the topic a little while ago, and as I recall most were pretty negative about it, and said their groups were overweight with bossy hons and some creepy people. Transtrenders were another common complaint. A couple were mostly positive in that they said their groups were sane. But no-one said much about what they got out of it, except some felt better about themselves after comparing themselves to hons.

I'm gonna go, but I'm not psyched to be honest.
>>
>>5747189
Yeah, I saw that thread and knew about the stereotypes before. Therapist said the leader is 50 year old mtf who recently got her birth certificate changed from M to F. I... Good for her? I guess at 50 you don't have much else going on.

She prepped/warned me a bit about the gender spectrum that might be there. Asked if I knew what 'non binary' was.

M-maybe some people will be cool?
>>
My parents found my spironolactone and looked it up to see what it is. They now think I'm diabetic and won't shut up about it. "It explains everything!" they say. I'm pleading my ignorance while pointing fingers at my doctors for prescribing it.

What the fuck do I do?
>>
This may be a dumb question, but it's normal for dysphoria to come and go at times, right? Ever since I fully came out to my family that I was questioning my gender identity, I haven't felt as dysphoric anymore...but also haven't paid as much conscious attention to my gender. I don't know what to make of this, because it feels like now on some level it doesn't seem like this huge thing anymore.
>>
>>5747476
Just roll with it, doesn't sound like you are in any trouble. I played my spiro off like that too, said it was from my dermatologist to help acne.
>>
>>5747542
I think it's probably more that the sudden relief has made you feel more free and less dysphoric for a short time. I'm ftm and when I first cut my hair short and started dressing differently I had a period (of a few months) where I didn't feel dysphoric anymore. I thought that was it, that I was destined to just be a qt andro girl who passes half the time as a 15 year old twink, but a little while later I was slammed back into dysphoria.

You just came out so right now you probably feel a lot more open and free, and thus less dysphoric, but I wouldn't expect that feeling to stick if I were you.
>>
>>5747542
I've noticed this happening to me.
If I'm taking steps towards dealing with it, it doesn't seem like such a big deal anymore.

Happened at eight years ago when I first came out. Happened again a few weeks ago when I finally went to see a therapist. All week I was back and forth on my thoughts because just admitting to wanting to change, crying like a bitch and discussing the next steps made me feel better.

Give it a bit and it will creep in again. Especially if you stagnate in your steps towards dealing with it.
>>
How do I find someone to talk to about how I'm feeling? My friend's been worried about me, but I cant bring myself to talk about it.
Before the obvious, I can't afford a therapist.
>>
>>5746106
http://imgur.com/a/0VDGq
>>
>>5747710
are you so desperate that you're coming to 4chan of all places for love and support?
>>
I think that I am a female goblin that was born in a man's body. What kind of pills should I take to help me with my transition into a powerful goblin woman?
>>
>>5748084
Try estrogen

That seems to turn most men into goblin women.
>>
>>5748052
God fucking no
I assume 4chan is filled with lonely people, and since the people here haven't succeeded at killing themselves yet, they must have a way to cope with the glaring empty void inside each and every one of us.
Alternatively, I'm asking whether or not I should come out to my best friend, who is worried about me because I almost came out to her and now she probably rhinks I'm depressed or something, and how I would go about doing so.
also how to get pretty pills without people knowing
>>
should you go one size up when it comes to juniors clothing?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.