[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DTG - Dysphoric Transgender
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: 1441390717241.jpg (78 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1441390717241.jpg
78 KB, 720x960
in an earlier thread >>5350082 , we were discussing making & popularizing a word for trans people to separate us from certain tumblr types that we are sometimes confused with.

someone suggested using "dtg," meaning "dysphoric transgender," since it's short, its meaning is easily understood by people who are already familiar with trans issues, & it's relatively easy to explain to people who aren't. it's also useful since it's describing our actual medical condition rather than our opinions the way truscum & transmedicalist do.

the issue now is popularizing the term, getting people to use it enough that it actually has utility. the old thread was suggesting simply turning to social media with hashtags and tumblr raids, and i think starting to advertise the term on twitter & tumblr would work just fine. other suggestions are welcome, of course.
>>
the tumblr trans thing is probably going to go away in a year or two anyway
>>
Don't post it on twitter and tumblr. They will take dtg and use it more freely than 4chan uses faggot.
They will make post and pre dtg, fluid dtg, dk(k meaning Kin), and other shit.
>>
>>5362305
Also you'll be masrginalizing people without dysphoria, marginalizing people with dysphoria, and somehow that will be turned around so that you're transphobic and possibly racist.
>>
I can't imagine this ending well
>>
>>5362291
yeah, and donald trump's campaign is going to to collapse on itself any day now

>>5362305
i don't think that really matters too much as long as we don't use their modifications of the word. their making up new words we don't use doesn't matter nearly as much as them redefining words we have been using. if we focus on the truscum parts of twitter and tumblr, and make it popular among them first so its definition is more in their hands, that will help a lot too.
>>
Inb4 this becomes trans help general 2 where people ask if they have dysphoria

I don't see the point of this thread on 4chan
>>
>>5362576
Nevermind I thought the "g" meant this was a general
>>
>>5362601
that makes a lot of sense when we're on 4chan, yeah. i didn't think about that at all
>>
>>5362465
But this shit is nothing new, not even on tumblr. How in the fuck is this any different from truscum anyway? Different enough to justify a new word? I don't think so.
>>
>>5362740
truscum is an insulting synonym for transmedicalist - someone who thinks you need to fit symptoms of dysphoria by the dsm-5 in order to be trans. it's about your opinions, not your own situation - cis people can be transmedicalists.

dtg is a neutral, non-insulting term that defines our medical condition, not our beliefs about other people who call themselves trans.
>>
>>5364597
> truscum is an insulting synonym for transmedicalist

As it should be, your doctor shouldn't be picking your gender.
>>
File: fc,550x550,black.jpg (55 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
fc,550x550,black.jpg
55 KB, 550x550
>>5361850
Thread marked for shitposting
>>
>>5361850

You're either transsexual or not trans at all. Tumblr shits are "queer", nothing more. And if you ask me, so are you if you can endure your dick enough to keep it tbqh.
Transgender is a dumb terminology.
>>
>>5365000
That's reasonable, of course, but as I said, transgender is stupid cause gender is nonbinary anyway, sex on the other hand is binary, and if you don't actually change your sex, you can obviously hardly be transsexual, cause there's no transing involved. Noone cares what you intend to do or what you feel like. That's your business alone. What matters to people is what you are.
If you don't hate your dick to get rid of it at all costs, good for you, but you ain't a tranny. Millions of fat guys have bigger boobs than you.
At best you deserve to be called shemale.
>>
>>5361850
Fucking kill yourself.
Go back to tumblr, and talk about how you want to segregate transsexuals from their own community.

We have words for non-trans people that still call themselves trans, those are, tumblr-trans, fake-trans, and transtrender.
>>
>>5365041
>and if you don't actually change your sex
Genitalia isn't the epitome of sex, you change your sex by changing your hormone composite, and getting rid of/getting the opposite sexes secondary sex characteristics.

>If you don't hate your dick to get rid of it at all costs, good for you, but you ain't a tranny. Millions of fat guys have bigger boobs than you.
Nobody cares, manfaced hon.
>>
>>5364867
>>5365074
DAMAGE CONTROL
A
M
A
G
E

C
O
N
T
R
O
L
>>
>>5365084
damage control for what? Do you know what damage control means?
>>
>>5365081
Awh, hit a nerve?
There so much more male about you than there is female. If hormones meant everything then why does it change so little?
I already said, even fat men have secondary female characteristics but you're not gonna hear them claiming to be female.

>>5365089
>You know tranny is like a catch all slur for transsexual, transgender, transvestite etc right?
Since transgender is the same, i.e. an umbrella term, I'm going by transgender = tranny, and I'll say it for the third time, it's a dumb term and I more or less agree with OP. Change it to queers and stop forcing transsexuals to associate with grandpas claiming to be 6 year old kids, just cause transgender encompasses all of that, just because both words start with trans.
You'll never hear me claim to be transgender cuz there's no pill or surgery to change my brain and with it my personality. Estrogen is damage control at best. You cannot transition genders. Perceived identities maybe, but that's something different.
A local LGBT place calls these people transident, which makes a bit more sense.

If you don't care what people call you, cool, but addressing you as female is either a mistake or a courtesy. That's good enough, even for me, but you can't really make demands. Your gender is female and your sex is male, what's the sum of that? Woman? No. Transwoman? Maybe. Look at Thailand, they already have it figured out. And in fact it comes to everyone's advantage.
>>
>>5365092
DICKHEAD
I
C
K
H
E
A
D

course i know what it mean. You're afraid of getting excluded cause you don't feel dysphoria and don't understand the bullshit we get associated with.

ONE UMBRELLA
>>
>>5365200
>>5365089

Just noticed I said tranny where I meant to say transsexual, but to clarify thats assuming transgender already got its rebranding to something else in my previous post.
>>
File: 1436479266498.jpg (149 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
1436479266498.jpg
149 KB, 650x650
>>5365084
>>
>>5365265
Ad hominem when you got no actual arguments, and thats exactly why "trannies" are so shit. You hate to live outside your safety bubble.
Pro-tip: Theres nothing bad about being a ladyboy in Thailand, and transphobia loses its footing. people cant hate you because youre not forced upon them. But like almost all trannies here you cant even see past your own nose.
Enjoy the troubles but gtfo outa LGBT if you dont plan to do something against them and instead insist on being part of the problem.
>>
>>5361850
No. We shouldn't have to separate ourselves from the fakes. We should just tell them to fuck off and kick them out whenever they show up.
>>
>>5365440
yeah, because that's been working wonderfully so far
we can't succeed by just doing what we should be able to do. we have to focus on how the world actually works, and what strategies are actually helpful. kicking out everyone else has failed miserably, and i see no way to suddenly get it to work now. trying a new strategy is what we need, and if not this, at least something other than what has been shown not to work.
>>
>>5365207
I'm just secure enough to not fucking rely on cis interpretations of shit.

The umbrella was made up by cis people.
>>
They will just say they have dysphoria
>>
>>5361850
>you will never have this much fluffy dog
>>
>>5367953
a lot of them are pretty proud to be nondysphoric trans people, because they're breaking the social norm that trans people must have dysphoria to be trans.
>>
That sounds like something tumblr would already use.
>>
>complian about tumblr genders
>come up with yet another gender identify term
>to fight the special snowflakes...we must become special snowflakes

what was ever wrong with just saying you are trans? almost all of the people you will ever meet, that know you are trans, wont associate you with the tumblr weirdos. the tumblr weirdos are such a small insignificant group, that will fade off eventually.
>>
>>5369441
you do know that the term "genderqueer" has existed since the late 70s, right? it's not going away.
also coming up with new, more fitting terms isn't a bad thing. people do it in scientific & medical contexts all the time, because it's useful. it's only when the rewording is as pointless as it is in stereotypical corporate culture (or certain parts of tumblr) that there's any real issue. knee-jerk reactions against anything tumblr happens to do isn't a good thing; hitler cared about animal rights after all.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.