[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
TruTrans
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 6
File: 1412273677220-0 (1).jpg (183 KB, 850x850) Image search: [Google]
1412273677220-0 (1).jpg
183 KB, 850x850
>Question:
Would any of you be interested in coining a new universal\publicly accepted word that defines trans people with dysphoria and separates us from the tumblr trash?

As it stands, 'trans' is an umbrella that encompasses a wide range of people who only damage our legitimacy.

>Reasoning:
I believe this is an important step to take as we move forward with the fight for our civil rights. Something like this would be important when fighting for universal coverage in health insurance and access to public restrooms. Being trans isn't a fashion choice and I believe that has to be made more clear.

>How?
Tumblr raids, hashtag movements, etc. We don't require any massive gains, just to put the word out in the public. For this reason is why I believe social media would do a fine job.

>Extra.
LGBT, probably doesn't have enough traffic to get this done anyways, I'd just like to gauge interest and attitude toward something like this.
>>
It really wouldn't be meaningful unless we also make it clear what definition of dysphoria we're using. Some people would argue that "wanting to look like a boy sometimes" counts as dysphoria.
>>
File: EvaMusuko7.jpg (85 KB, 1000x1414) Image search: [Google]
EvaMusuko7.jpg
85 KB, 1000x1414
>>5350082
"Shinji feels"
>>
>>5350125
Fair enough, that isn't an impossible thing to overcome
>>
Wouldn't this just be specifically "transsexual" as opposed to "transgender"?
>>
>>5350512
I think ~sexual means "has transitioned", which does exclude some trutrans who might live somewhere where they can't transition, cant afford, too afraid etc, amd it includes fake trans people who manage to transition, so I dont think thag it works as a dstinction
>>
yes, please come up with an honest definition of us that isn't just a meaningless advertisement. i suppose "dysphoric trans people" is too long a phrase to use in some contexts, but in general you can specify dysphoric people and get the point across as long as people know what dysphoria is.
>>
>>5350617
dysphoric transgender ==> DTG
There you go, an abbreviation. Bitches love abbreviations.
>>
>>5350524
also people start thinking it's a sexuality. it'd be nice if we just used new suffixes instead of ever needing to use "sexual" to mean anything
>>
>>5350628
oh, good idea. abbreviations are easy to get used to, too, so even people who consider nondysphorics valid would probably be willing to use it
>>
File: 468px-I_Never_asked_for_this.jpg (26 KB, 468x468) Image search: [Google]
468px-I_Never_asked_for_this.jpg
26 KB, 468x468
>>5350082
I can get behind this, however it would have to be very methodically handled. Honestly the only way to get away from all the tublr fake trans shit is if we have a completely new word. That means trans cannot be in the word. I don't think dysphoria would work either cause alot of people I come out to associate that word with trans as well. I can't think of any good names though....
>>
>>5350672
it really doesn't have to be a completely different word, you piece of shit. "gender dysphoria" is the official diagnosis in the dsm-5. just call yourself gender dysphoric or dysphoric trans, or gdt or whatever it was that was suggested by the other anon.
>>
itt
>you can't be trans because you're not as trans as me

ffs, get over yaselves
>>
I'd be totally on-board with this.
>>
I'm glad there is interest!

>>5350749
Anon, please re read the OP. There is pragmatic reasons for the divide.

>>5350628
I think that's a really good one.

>>5350672
I agree, we should organize something more concrete if people remain interested.
>>
>>5350628
oh, it's dtg not gdt. that works too
>>
>>5350811
>a wide range of people who only damage our legitimacy.
I read the OP and this was my main bone of contention.
I'm sorry but it pisses me off. There is no damage to your legitimacy. People who want to attack trans are just using it as a weak spot to target, if that didn't exist they'll attack something else.
Everyone want to pidgeonhole themselves and everyone else so much, rather than accepting and supporting each other as fellow human beings.
It would be like "real men" demanding a seperate classification because other men who don't feel the need to be super masculine damage their legitimacy.
The whole LGBT community is constantly under attack from others and all I see on this board is people turning on each other. Nobody wants a hugbox but ffs, stop trying to tear each other down.
>>
What civil rights do you want
>>
>>5350082
>ITT: Tranny infighting
Yeah, I'm TruTrans(TM). The trenders piss me off. The 'you should only transition if you're attractive' thing pisses me off, but then the 'if you had dysphoria you'd have known when you were 5' thing pisses me off too.
What's an average trans to do?

Everyone so insecure and looking for someone else to look down on.
>>
>>5350082
This is the transgender equivalent of being a TERF. Stop it.
>>
>>5350082
oh nice gender, trutrans scum. Did your doctor pick it out for you?

Fuck off.
>>
One suggestion I have is to share more stories about our experiences with dysphoria. It seems like right now looking up "What does gender dysphoria feel like?" on Google/Youtube gives some disappointingly sparse results.

If more people understand that this is a medical condition, it'll help to legitimize us while leaving out the transtrenders.
>>
File: shader1chair.png (2 MB, 1135x899) Image search: [Google]
shader1chair.png
2 MB, 1135x899
As an average, heterosexual christian male with family values, let me tell you this:

Distance yourselves from homosexuals. The more you associate with them, the more people will think you are depraved.
>>
>>5350082
>throwing the other faggots under the bus in order to gain the love of bigots
I hate this shit so much, Asians do it to us blacks all the time. Well guess what even if you convince them that a gook is better than a nigger they will still always see you as a gook.
>>
Why shouldn't someone be allowed to transition without dysphoria? Furthermore, if you think that someone should only be allowed to change their bodies if someone else gives them permission, then why can't I use that same logic against you to say that you shouldn't be allowed to transition?

Do you see how hypocritical you're being?
>>
>>5354097
Untrue.

That asians tend to chimp out less than blacks is well known, which means they integrate into other societies faster than you.
>>
>>5354086
Well yeah, thats probably somthing we would do however we are kinda stuck with you because people think transgender is just a more extreme gay. This is another reason why we need a new word.
>>
>>5354106
We are not saying that, what this thread wants is to unassociate itself from the people that delegitamize transsexualism. The queer movement has gone to far about how it represents us to the point that people think we are just queer.
>>
>>5354054
>>5354061
butthurt teens detected. go dye your hair again, maybe it'll help you pick out a matching gendah identititato and show those mean nasty gender roles what-for. :^)
>>
>>5354165
If that's the case, then you should be attacking transphobia directly, not people who have nonstandard reasons for transitioning.

Trans people have a bad image because the world is full of judgemental pricks, not because some child on tumblr doesn't know how to properly articulate their identity.
>>
>>5354232
>some child on tumblr doesn't know how to properly articulate their identity

this is one reason people are like that though.
>>
>>5354245
But it would be victim blaming to say that they are responsible for the de-legitimization.
>>
this thread having the "trutrans" label at the top is hurting it a bit i think, because it leads to derailing arguments of who is really trans etc., when the intended focus here is to simply come up with a specific term we can use for ourselves so people don't confuse us with the others.

since we have the term "dtg/dysphoric transgender" now, we should let this thread die and start a new one spreading that specific term, making it clear to people on both sides why it's important to have and use, without the irrelevant arguments getting in the way. we could also come up with a hashtag & introductory image to be posted on twitter, tumblr, etc., so that the term is spread beyond 4chan & is more easily integrated into normal use.
>>
>>5354339
actually it might be worth it to come up with the hashtag & image right now, so it can be in the OP of the new thread where everyone will see it without having to wade into the thread itself
>>
>>5354219
Uh, >>5354054 is absolutely right. Radfems claim that allowing transwomen into feminism is detrimental to the movement, whereas this TruTransâ„¢ idea is literally the exact same rhetoric being leveled by one group of transgender people at another group of transgender people.
>>
How about gold star trans?
You have to have:
HRT before 18
Experience your teenage years as your transitioned gender
Only begin dating as your transitioned gender
Never have had sex as your birth gender
Stealth passable
Attractiveness optional but a plus.
There needs to be a word better than "trutrans". Because there's a huge difference between those of us who get HRT early and experience life as our transitioned gender from our teens, the people who transition in their mid twenties and people who don't transition until 40.
>>
>>5354362
Curious, why is a criteria required by the DSM-5 manual that is gender dysphoria not required of tran folk to have? They didn't say you have to be an extreme example but must exhibit or experience dysphoria so why is it different in practice?
>>
>>5354520
that's terrible. someone else already came up with dtg/dysphoric transgender, and it's much more useful than having a bunch of unnecessary requirements for trans people beyond "has gender dysphoria."
>>
>>5354567
I don't thing DTG is a good idea, we need a completely new word :/
>>
>>5354567
But I think instead of going by dysphoria we should go by post transition life experience, to exclude hons and the tumblr crowd. The hons transition too late, and the tumblr crowd never fully completes transition.
>>
>>5354595
we really, really don't. we need some sort of connection to the historical term so people don't think we're some brand-new phenomenon hot off the tumblr presses, and adding "dysphoric" to the beginning makes it explicitly clear that we're not confused people who simply dislike gender roles and don't understand that conformity to gender roles is not an essential component of being cis.
>>
>>5354621
why should we be excluding hons? they're still actually trans, and have the same medical and legal needs as other trans people. and you can just call yourself "passing" to differentiate yourself from them.
>>
>>5354639
but the very aspect of staying connected to the history of the word trans pretty much means that having a movement like this is pointless because people will still associate us with tumblr trash and gay. The new word needs to be associated with a medical sex development disorder. Maybe we need to ask the medical community to coin a new word for transsexualism.
>>
>>5354660
ugh, just say you have harry benjamin syndrome and let the rest of us use something practical
>>
>>5350082
Trans stands for transsexual, it does not encompass a wide range of people.

We call them out for appropriating transsexualism, we don't just cower and flee to a new word.
>>
>>5354833
that honestly sounds like a good name I vote for that one. That actually sounds like a medical condition and not somthing tumblr would hijack.
>>
>>5350628
Yes. We need to do this.
>>
>>5350524
No it doesn't
>>
File: laugh.jpg (35 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
laugh.jpg
35 KB, 500x333
it's funny to see you people ripping each other apart like a bunch of dogs
>>
>>5354843
Transexual is an extremely general term. it can't be 'appropriated' by trenders because it comes from an era where dysphoria wasn't even known or understood. If anything, trutrans people obsessed with getting permission from the medical world for their transition are the ones who appropriated it. AGP, fetishists, transvestites and all the other oldschool folks were 'transexual' long ago.
>>
I'm sorry, I really can't help being suspicious of late transitioners.
How do you go that long without realizing that something's wrong? I'm only 21 and I already know that living another two years as a man would drive me fucking insane.
>>
how about something like chameleon trans? like trans people who just want to blend into society and not make an ass out of themselves
>>
>>5355486
This. Removing the fringe element has never ever helped a cause seem more legitimate.
>>
>>5350174
It's an impossible thing to overcome if you insist on a definition more restrictive than the DSM. Nobody gives a shit how genuine you think you're being.
>>
>>5351164
The right to overrule diagnoses if they feel it was given too lightly to a trans woman they don't like.
>>
>>5355679
Patients are already allowed to see multiple doctors. If you feel as though you've been mis-diagnosed, there are mechanisms for that.

Allowing self-diagnosis isn't going to happen. The medical world is pretty strict about that one. If you want to self-diagnose, or get hormones for any reason including no reason, you might want to actually side with the trenders, because they're the ones who will be fighting against gatekeepers.
>>
>>5355770
Self-diagnosis isn't happening, but informed consent HRT is getting more and more common and that is pretty much getting hormones for any reason.
And seriously, how is a bad thing? Assuming you are an adult, you are truly informed of the risks and benefits, and you consent to them, of course.
>>
>people are actually defending tumblr-tier trans people
What the hell happened to this board since the last time I was here?
>>
>>5355770
I'm just saying that's what the retards posting in this thread seriously want. They want an extremely narrow definition of gender dysphoria that lines up strictly to their personal experiences.

Also at this point the main professional associations for doctors that deal with trans people are more on the side of the trenders than on op's side, at least where hormones are concerned.
>>
>>5355854
Nobody is defending trenders, we're saying that you're grasping at straws trying to act as though you were more trans than the rest of the people who got diagnoses you don't approve of or went through medical ways that the soc does in fact approve of.

And there has never been a need for a different word outside the whining of a couple old hons who feel invalidated that people who don't act like them pass better than them.
>>
>>5355854
It's not tumblr-tier transtrenders, though.
Like >>5355882 says, it's literally "I have decided that you don't qualify as trans because your experiences don't mirror mine" at this point.
>>
>>5355581
technically speaking chameleons rarely change colors based on camoflauge it's more based on their mood and stress levels. Octopus on the other hand do and can even change the textures of their skin for even better blending in. So octopus trans kek but now it sounds like an otherkin tumblr trash word.
>>
File: 1449422154863.jpg (329 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
1449422154863.jpg
329 KB, 2000x2000
>literally tumblr-tier privilege logic "hurr I've suffered more than you so I deserve things"

i'm at a loss for words
>>
>>5350082
So truscum becomes trutrans?

I like it.

snowflakes will be ass blasted.
>>
>>5355539
Denial hunty
>>
>>5357567
trutrans has existed for ages, dude. it's not new, and it's just as terrible a word as truscum. like if you want to use a term for yourself as blatantly biased as "pro-life" go ahead, i guess.
>>
Peacock
>>
>>5358367
How would I know that?

I'm not a filthy tranny lmao
>>
Best thread. Tumblr trannies are complete garbage. AGP's are better than them.
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.