[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You know what i hate? How whenever i want to ask somebody about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: double fucking rainbows.jpg (17 KB, 563x400) Image search: [Google]
double fucking rainbows.jpg
17 KB, 563x400
You know what i hate? How whenever i want to ask somebody about weird gender-y stuff i only have tumblr or 4chan in my general vicinity. Even before lgbt was created, /d/ and /r9k/ and even /tg/ sometimes used to host groups-of-sorts about this, and now with /lgbt/ it's somewhat more official.

Thing is, i can either have the "its ok bub everybody's a special snowflake, here, have this reference list of 200 gender identities and 50 sexualities and find one you like. Oh and hurry up! Older people don't get to experience anything!" tumblr discourse or the ">>>/tumblr/, trannies are barely accepted here, go be a special snowflake somewhere else" 4chan argument.
Can we have an "other reasonable places to go and talk" thread, please?
>>
File: K9_05.jpg (47 KB, 797x567) Image search: [Google]
K9_05.jpg
47 KB, 797x567
>>5345729
Yes, you may ask a question.
>>
>>5345864
how do i genderfluid
specially how do i genderfluid if ugly as sin
>>
>>5345918
furfaggotryotherkin.jpg
>>
>>5345729
>>5345918
If you're genderfluid, you are. You don't have to do anything. Dressing differently or dying your hair doesn't make you become another gender. Fucking trender.
>>
>>5346073
Bait post, but i'll take it.
Alternative question: How to look and act more androgynous as a male who's never taken care of himself and has adopted quite a lot of male mannerisms (quiet and stoic, afraid of appearances, the works).
>>
>>5345918
Transpeople often think they're genderfluid because gender dysphoria hits in waves, so for a while you're fine and even like being your own gender, but the next day you feel more like the other and wish to be the other.
I thought I was genderfluid, then I realized that it's not a real thing and I was just retarded, now I've started my transition and have never felt better.

It's okay if you don't want to conform to gender roles & stereotypes, but genderfluidity is not real. You're either the gender you're born as or trans, but you're free to do whatever you want from that point.
>>
>>5347520
>>5339067 Has info you want.
>>
>>5347541
I guess believing you would be convenient, but can you please back up your statements? I'm not saying "go fetch some science-y documents" or "find people who say the same thing". Hell, in fact you don't have to do shit, we're just anons on the internet and you can run off forever without looking back, really...

but it'd help a lot to be able to believe in what you say. besides, every time i've given it deep thought, i end up realizing i'd probably still be genderfluid even if i transitioned.
>>
>>5347555
I do not have anything to back it up, all I've seen and read about are anecdotal experiences. The majority of people who say they are genderfluid, are not trans. They're the kind of people who wish to be nonconforming towards what we consider gender, or perhaps would prefer to be closer to androgyny to be able to be both as they feel like, but this is usually tumblr echo-chambered silliness.

If you really want to find out if you're trans however, you just need to read up on other transpeople's experiences when it comes to that. See what you can identify with. To sum up what you need to fulfill requirements for diagnosis: You wish to be the opposite gender, your characteristics unique to your gender bother you, in early ages you've had a feeling of wanting to be the other gender, the feeling has been consistent through multiple years.
As an example if you're a man, but really a pre-anything MTF: Getting increasingly more body hair bothers you, having a beard bothers you, having a male genitalia bothers you, being treated like a man bothers you, feeling forced into having to man up to suit other people's views of what a man is bothers you, taking a male role socially bothers you. You feel being female would make you more comfortable with yourself and will also let you be yourself, your sexual fantasies may be based off as you being female, you feel that if you could be feminine in how you act you'd feel more like yourself.
You don't have to nail everything, those are just example. It's just food for thought. Try to think back as far as possible in your life and take note of events where you perhaps feel you wished you were the other gender. The longer it's lasted for, the more legitimacy it has.
You could and should speak to a therapist to help you discover your past self's feelings, and to discover whether you are trans or not.
>>
>>5347555
>>5347739
Also most professionals think gender fluidity is silly and do not take it seriously, even those working at gender clinics, however they will still question whether that you might actually be trans instead, as it makes more sense to say you're gender fluid, dysphoria can be so deeply repressed you might not even feel it, until you actually try to consider yourself the other gender you really are meant to be.
But it still hits in waves, sometimes it's not there at all and life feels normal, but you wake up one morning feeling a bit grossed out about your own body, just for being so like your own born gender. Or you might be up late one night, and before falling asleep you start to think about how your life would be as the other gender and starting to wish it was that way. And these kinds of things keep happening. You feel sometimes girly, you feel sometimes manly, so it makes sense to assume you're genderfluid as your gender. But in reality it could just be gender dysphoria fucking with you.

I recommend reading up on the OP in trans help general, it has a lot of information about being trans, requirements for diagnosis, what kind of treatment they see, some science backing the legitimacy for being transgender, and such.
Also frequently you will get to read other people's stories in that thread/general, keep in mind every transperson's story is different, but learning about what you might be dealing with, is very important.
>>
>>5345729
>trannies are barely accepted here
what are you talking about?
I'd say that at least 80% of /lgbt/ are trannies

And they usually leak into other threads

They even forced lesgen and gaygen to create these generals, which failed because the number of cis people here is really low

>>5345055
>>5338123
>>
>>5348032
No one "forced" them to do anything.
>which failed because the number of cis people here is really low
I guess that's what happens when you want to exclude everyone who isn't exactly like yourself, and keep narrowing down the criteria for people you deem acceptable.
>>
>>5348399
>No one "forced" them to do anything

In a way they did. If you want a place to talk with other gay guys but trans girls keep coming, even though they have their own threads, and systematically shit every thread, you'll start looking for another place.

>I guess that's what happens when you want to exclude everyone who isn't exactly like yourself, and keep narrowing down the criteria for people you deem acceptable.
Yeah, god forbid gay and lesbian generals' members actually being gay guys and lesbian girls.
How dare we?!
The number of cis people is low because this board is practically a trans board.

I'm not saying this is a bad thing, though. Just disagreeing with the OP saying trans are not accepted here, when they literally run freely across the board (and when someone points this out it's NEVER their fault, as your post has already proven)
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.