[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/meg/-Military Enlistment General New phone edition >IRC
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 25
File: 1428805998551_0.jpg (146 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1428805998551_0.jpg
146 KB, 1920x1080
/meg/-Military Enlistment General
New phone edition

>IRC Channel
>implying anyone uses IRC
#MEG on Freenode
If you're on mobile look up AndroIRC for the app. Any questions, ask in the thread to get you set up.

Resources:

>Armyranger.com
For Ranger info, obviously.

>Shadowspear.com
All around SOF website. Great info and run by former/active members of every SOF unit. Mentor program. Also has forums for international SOF.

>Professionalsoldiers.com
For all Army SF info.

>http://www.corpsman.com
For Navy Corpsman info.

>http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?115180-MARSOC-Force-Recon
This is an all-inclusive thread for MARSOC/Force Recon stuff. Good site for Marines info too.

>http://www.uscg.org
For Coast Guard info. Good site, lots of vets able to answer questions.

>www.defencejobs.gov.au/
For info on the Australian Defense Force, and how you can shitpost on the world stage.

>https://www.airwarriors.com/community/
Naval Aviator forum with info on Navy OCS as well

OP template
http://pastebin.com/sb5Gv1dW

Before you ask a question, check the FAQ
http://pastebin.com/Rx0nDuga

Which branch are you enlisting/enlisted/considering?
http://strawpoll.me/6764857

Ask questions, get advice from retards on how to lie on the poly, bitch about recruiters, accuse each other of stolen valor, just keep it in this general.
Use the IRC pussies
>>
I was in county lockup after getting drunk and shooting my .45 at a beware of dog sign. I spent a couple of weeks there since I didn't want to waste bail money. Anyhow, the other inmates I pal'ed around with knew I was former military. They pressed me for my exact MOS and duties. When they learned I served in the 3rd Ranger Battalion, they asked me if I could kick everybody's ass in the quad. I just laughed.

Some people have overly exaggerated ideas of our military. I can handle more than one but four knuckleheads bum rushing me, I doubt I would come out on top.

I can execute raids, ambushes and movement to contacts like no other. They are my meat and potatoes. But I can't do some Captain America shit. I'm a ranger, not a super human.
>>
>>29523547
Nice story Timmy
>>
>>29523924
The thread was empty and I posted something.

Post something better.
>>
Anyone Nukes or ex-Nukes here? How's life?
>>
Howdy folks. I've been really busy the last couple months so I haven't really been in any threads, but I'm here now, so if you have any training questions, fire away.
>>
>>29524892

Which is better: stronglifts or starting strength
>>
>>29524892

Which branch did you serve in? For how long? What job(s)?
>>
>>29524892
Posting with a name is egocentric and not appreciated by those of us who have actually done something. No one likes a braggart.
>>
Apachebro checking in.
>>
>>29524922
Personally, I prefer stronglifts. They're very similar programs, but I think having power cleans in a beginner's program is a bit strange. Also, SS doesn't really have a major upper back workout, while SL includes barbell rows.

>>29524929
I'm not affiliated with the military. I just hang out here to answer questions to help fatbodies get in shape before they enlist. A lot of them don't know how to design a program and do dumb shit like going from nothing to trying to ruck run 5 miles every day.
>>
>>29525150
Your advice is appreciated. Your attention whoring is not. Didn't your father ever instruct you to be humble?
>>
GoArmy.com has my "PRIMARY STATIONS FOR THIS ZIPCODE:" over an hour away, but google maps gives me like 2 just in my town, but when I do street view the ones in my town dont even exist, and the one the website lists is a "military career center" is this some sort of scam??
>>
>>29524941

Fuck off, faggot, if I want to ask fitness questions I want to know exactly who to direct them towards
>>
>>29525169
>>29524941
Here's your (you). It's not like I'm using a tripcode. I use the tag to identify myself as here to answer fitness questions. Anyone could impersonate me if they wanted to.
>>
>>29525175
Military career centers are usually multibranch stations. It'll have a recruiting office for the navy, Air Force and army in the same location.
>>
>>29525150

>I'm not affiliated with the military.

Cool. Just wanted to make sure you have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>29525211
Also, I'm a faggot.
>>
File: image.jpg (419 KB, 869x873) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
419 KB, 869x873
NG fag from last thread, still looking for any help or advice, reposting background

In middle school after my dad died got in trouble at school (6th grade)for talking about my feelings and sent to a hospital crisis unit or whatever. Mom took me to a psychologist and I was on anti depressants for a few months.

Fast forward to today, middle of enlistment process with an 82 on my asvab and soon to schedule a MEPS date, my mom brings up the incident( I had forgot about it). Talked to my recruiter and he said that they don't check health records, my uncle who was in the army for 33 years said don't worry about it, and a friend of mine just enlisted lying about an asthma attack he had in highscool tell me the same.

I don't know what to do as I'm putting a ton of trust into what they are saying , I'm looking for advice from
You guys here. Thanks for the help, as excuse any errors cause mobiles a bitch
>>
>>29525470

Are you in a stable mental state now?

If so shut the fuck up about it, it never happened. No one will ever know unless you tell them.

If you are not in a stable mental state or the stress of being yelled at every day would break your mental stability you should just end your enlistment process now. No reason to out yourself as crazy. Just say you changed your mind.
>>
>>29525470
Don't sweat it kid. I cut my hand and had 7 stitches, never said anything and the doc didn't even say shit when looking at my hands.
>>
>>29525528
>>29525546
More than fine, it was just rough then not having my dad around and I really thought talking to the school people would help.

Thanks for the help!
>>
>>29525608

Good deal, glad to hear you're better. Keep your mouth shut, stay stable, and you'll make it.
>>
>>29525546
Jesus Pete on a popsicle stick. Stop name fagging. Guess who appreciates that. No one. Drop it.
>>
>>29525725
Lol I was this guy>>29525260
Just forgot to turn it off.
>>
>>29524706
Soon to be nuke, I'd avoid asking people on here. I doubt there are many real ones, and most people here have a pretty negative view on nuke. Ask a former or current on in person if you can for a real answer.
>>
>>29525150
How do I start running? If I run for 5 minutes straight I feel like throwing up.
>>
Russian Special Forces officer Alexander Prokhorenko was killed last month after he called in an air strike on his own position.

Prokhorenko was surrounded by ISIS fighters while he was conducting a target designation mission near the Syrian city of Palmyra.

Here is the translated transcript of his final moments:

Prokhorenko: Command I am compromised. Repeat, I am compromised.

Command: Please repeat and confirm.

Prokhorenko: They have spotted me. There is shooting everywhere. I am pinned. Request evacuation immediately.

Command: Evacuation request acknowledged.

Prokhorenko: Please hurry. I am low on ammo. They seem to be everywhere. I can’t hold them for too long please hurry.

Command: Confirmed. Hold them off, continue return of fire, go to safe position, air support is monitoring. State coordinates.

Prokhorenko: [Gives coordinates which are blurred in the translation]

Command: [Command repeats coordinates which are blurred] Confirm.

Prokhorenko: Confirmed, please hurry I am low on ammo. They are surrounding me! Bastards.

Command: 12 minutes until evacuation. Return to safe line. I repeat, return to safe line.

Prokhorenko: They are close, I am surrounded, this may be the end. Rell my family I love them dearly.

cont
>>
>>29526333
Command: Return to green line. Continue return of fire, help is on the way, followed by air support.

Prokhorenko: Negative. I am surrounded. There are so many of these bastards

Command: Ten minutes. Return to green line!

Prokhorenko: I can’t. They have surrounded me and are closing in. Please hurry!

Command: Move to green line, repeat move to green line.

Prokhorenko: They are outside. Conduct the airstrike now please. Hurry! This is the end. Tell my family I love them and i died fighting for my motherland.

Command: Negative, return to green line!

Prokhorenko: I cant, command. I am surrounded. They are outside. I don’t want them to take me and parade me. Conduct the airstrike, or they will make a mockery of me and this uniform. I want to die with dignity and take all these bastards with me. Please, my last wish. Conduct the airstrike, they will kill me either way.

Command: Please confirm your request.

Prokhorenko: They out outside. This is the end, commander. Thank you. Tell my family and my country I love them. Tell them I was brave and I fought until I could no longer. Please take care of my family. Avenge my death. Goodbye, commander. Tell my family I love them.

Command: [No response, orders the airstrike]
>>
>>29526259
If you're that bad, then don't start with running at all. Start by taking long, brisk walks or hikes, like a straight hour every day. You'll be surprised how much your endurance will go up when you try to run again a couple weeks after doing that
>>
>>29526333
>>29526344
>get ganked by friendly fire
>get made a hero
>>
>>29526333
>>29526344
Nice propaganda there Dmitri. For the motherland right?
>>
>>29526241
current one*
>>
Ayyyoooooo, I shipped Jan 26. Just on family day now in Ft. Sill. I started at 186 pounds and weigh about the same. I started with like a 9 something min 1 mile, 27 pushups, and 23 situps on the recruiters 1-1-1.

My final pt test was 35 pushups, 60 something situps, and a 15 20 something 2 mile. From what I experienced my pushups didn't really improve at all, I really had to struggle and train on my own to squeeze out those extra pushups. But my situps and run exploded. On the first 2-2-2 I did 50 situps and it blew my mind. It felt great, though I'm still disappointed with my pushups.

I sucked at everything pretty much, the fact that I was a basement dweller was pretty obvious in terms of all the trouble I had making my bed, working with straps, or performing whatever simple tasks. That was pretty rough, but I have improved a lot in pretty much every respect. I feel like a completely new person.

Anyway, if anyone has any questions feel free to ask. It is so good to be here again, I went to a Korean restaurant here in Lawton and it was like the best food I've ever had whew.
>>
>>29526962
You need to do 52 pushups, 62 sit ups and at least a 14:54 on the run.
>>
>>29527038
I agree with you, it's definitely my goal to try and reach 300 points by the end of AIT. I'm going to have to be a lot more conscious of my diet, during basic I ate as much as possible pretty much.
>>
>>29526962
The reason push-ups don't improve is because you're constantly at muscle failure everyday in basic. Getting smoked and PT primarily consists of upper body exercises. Doing a million push-ups a day doesn't help if you never have a chance for your muscles to heal. It'll get better once you're in a real unit and you can focus on actually building muscle.
>>
Coast Guard denied me because I'd seen a psychologist for anxiety and depression. Does that bar me from all other branches? Figured the coast guard would be most lax.
>>
>>29527147
52, 62, 14:54 used to be the standard for all infantry schools (airborne, ranger, lrs, sniper, pathfinder, halo). I hope it still is or at least if it isn't, the standards are higher.

By the way, there's a reason it is called Fort Beginning. You start your infantry life here. Whether you're a leg or a green beret, you are attached to Benning for life.
>>
>>29527276
quite the opposite
cant hurt to try
>>
Hey what are some good resources to study for the ASVAB?
I got a "96" on the practice ASVAB at the Navy recruiter's office, but I'm going AF now and want to get a 99 on it because reasons.
>>
>>29527983
I got a 99 on the real one and a 97 on the practice, if you got a 96 you should be able to get 99 with ease. All I did was look online at sample questions and just made sure I reviewed simple formulas for the math. The non math and English questions are kinda hard to really study for because you never know what kind of bs questions they'll ask on the other portions
>>
>>29528106
Oh that's good to hear.
What branch did you go?
Did you receive any statements recommending you to apply to the respective service academy?
>>
Airforce Security job, pros and cons?
>>
>>29528219
Pros:
-Easy job

Cons:
>Chair Force
-It's a trap
-Seriously it's a trap, find some other way to serve your country

You have been warned.
>>
>>29528269
Thanks man, appreciate it.
>>
>>29528219
It's the midnight shift doing security work on some desolate and remote location that nobody ever visits. No internet connection. Just out there alone in the dark doing nothing for 12 hours.

Sign up for Army Infantry. At least you'll travel the world and have a decent chance of killing a bad guy.
>>
>>29527276
Coast Guard is genuinely the hardest branch to get into
Try army/navy/marines
>>
>>29528211
Navy and no
>>
>>29528269

What do you mean by trap?
>>
Ask someone who got Entry Level Separated from the Chair Force any questions you want about basic.

Don't forget to run on pavement, boyos.
>>
>>29528431
How fat?
>>
>>29528219
Pros:
Air Force
Cons:
-glorified mall cop that deploys occasionally
-You'll be checking IDs at the gate for the first couple years and then alternate between pushing a patrol car and checking IDs at the gate
-LONG hours, what's that? you though that 11 hour shift you have to work as a pizza boy was long? Ha. try 16 hours.

Go AF, any job besides SecFo or Flightline. You'll have a fun 4-6 years and have sweet benefits for life.
Or go SecFo or flightline and get out an alcoholic (or get kicked out in the mean time for assaulting an NCO)
>>
>>29528431
How long ago were you at Lackland? I was there Apr-Jun 2015
>>
>>29528458
I dunno, kinda average? 5'9", 170 when I shipped. Just had really low vitamin d levels and running on the shitty track combined with "we don't have your size in boots, just wear these ones that are two sizes too big" and my MTI's ignoring boot phase-in meant I got stress fractures.

Like I said, run on pavement boyos.

>>29528501
Shipped 5 Jan of this year.
>>
>>29528219
>Pro
Standard AF benefits, short tech school, easy job

>Con
You're a gate guard, fully 1/3 of your co-workers don't want to be there, and you have very few job options once you're out.
>>
>>29528617
Your MTIs ran you in Boots? I think the only time we ran in boots was because we were a good mile from any kind of shelter during lightning within 5 and they ran the whole flight in ABUs with no parkas in the pouring rain
>>
>>29528617
Ian?
>>
Nice to see so much air force discussion today. Is the 1A9 here? I just did altitude chamber today and it was totally meh.
>>
>>29528458

I'm curious as well. How much of and what kind of shit bag were you?
>>
>>29528666
Aircrew (especially pilots) are spoiled babies in flightsuits, discuss
>>
>>29528617

>I got stress fractures.

You pt enough in air force bmt to get stress fractures?

Did you just not run ever in your life prior to going or something?
>>
>>29528701
plenty of people get shin splints, most tough it out until graduation and just pop a lot of motrin to avoid being medically seperated
That anon probably didn't realize that admitting you are hurt or sick is the worst thing you can do in AF Basic (unless you're seriously fucked up). My entire flight had the beginnings of pneumonia and were sick as dogs when we graduated.
>>
File: barron.png (193 KB, 284x381) Image search: [Google]
barron.png
193 KB, 284x381
So I've been out of high school for about 4 years now doing construction. I took a practice test at the recruiter's office, only scored a 40. Obviously I need to freshen up on my skills, ESPECIALLY on the arithmetic. What study book would you guys recommend?

I was looking at this, only $5 off Amazon.
But if anyone has good experience with other good texts please let me know.
>>
>>29528649
I was voluntold for Road Guard.

Don't be Road Guard is my advice for aspiring airmen.

>>29528751
Pretty much this. It wasn't too bad, but I was running slow, and MTI asked my where my hustle was, I said "[reporting statement] my knees ache, ma'am", got sent to the IDMT, who sent me to Reid, who sent me to SAAMC for a bone scan I didn't know I could decline because holy shit is that a lotta rads, and then a Cap'n told me I was going to Med Hold.

Don't go to Med Hold. Med Hold is like prison, but worse.
>>
>>29528777
Why would you buy a study book? Just do some math practice stuff online. Mostly focus on word problems, basic algebra, and basic geometry.

Also the practice test in the recruiter's office is bullshit, you use really simple whole numbers that divide and multiply cleanly. If you can figure out how many feet of fencing John needs to fence and X by Y plot of land, you're pretty golden.
>>
>>29528751

>My entire flight had the beginnings of pneumonia and were sick as dogs when we graduated.

I don't get it. What is going on in bmt that people are getting so fucked up? Or are you embellishing/lying? I have watched some videos of bmt and it looks like a joke.

I'm asking as a former Marine. We had maybe one guy with cellulitis, a death due to an undisclosed heart condition, and of course a handful of shin splints and stress fractures.
>>
>>29528782
okay yeah I can actually see your shit getting fucked up as a road guard with poorly fitting boots
I wore my steel toes all of basic because my combat boots didn't fit me at all.
My flight figured out about med hold early on and decided to conceal any illness anyone had. We would have people go get cold packs from the clinic and hand the contents out like candy
>>
Aspiring officer candidate for Air Force going to an info session on the 11th to start filling out documentation/confirm a test date for AFOQT.

Recruiter said in email to prospectives to bring a list of questions asked; anyone have suggestions for questions I might not know to ask?
>>
>>29528813
Well the recruiter told me I should purchase a study guide?

Just trying to not to fuck myself over, because I know I'm not good at math and need to study, especially since I don't even remember how to do what you just described.

Also why do you say it's bullshit?
>>
>>29528824
I was in the old dorms which are now condemned (or at least no longer being used). They moved us out 7th week to newer facilities. There was black mold EVERYWHERE. The drop ceiling in our dayroom was literally caving in and leaked every time it rained.
>>
>>29528839

Active?

Do they have a copy of your transcripts? Ask for what jobs your degree and units qualify you for.

That is all I can think of, and even that can be found online. It'll just be good for you to have something to talk about when you get there rather than seeming like a dumb kid; they usually put wishy washy people on the back burner in order to give more attention to more attractive candidate's packages... there is a board coming up after all.
>>
>>29523470
What's the difference between army and marine? Which is more likely to see combat?
>>
>>29528866
Not prior service, no. I'm a year out from college and not satisfied with what I'm doing with my degree; I do need to bring a copy of the transcripts, though.

That's what I'm banking on with the upcoming candidate board. I've been studying, exercising, and volunteering in my free time to make myself look more attractive.
>>
>>29528855
>old dorms no longer being used
It's funny to me that you think that, but no, all the old dorms are still full of trainees. Most windows are broken and replaced with plywood and duct tape, only five of our sinks worked, and one urinal would just backflush randomly.
>>
>>29528855

Wow, well someone is probably going to go down for that.

I'm guessing the stress fractures were a result of poorly-prepared trainees.
>>
I was investigated for a crime but it was dropped by the detective before it even went to the DA. The crime was rather serious and embarrassing.

On paper my record is as clean as a whistle but being that my name was put in the system due to an investigation would that get in the way of me enlisting and one day applying for O.C.S. and getting an upper end security clearance?
>>
>>29528908
When did you go through? as far as I know the only Squadron still in the old dorms is the 322nd. 320th moved out last year when I was there and 331 moved out early this year. The 326th is still in old dorms but they have been majorly renovated.
>>
Anyone here ever done Platoon leader's course, or currently doing it?

I'm really interested in it, it seems like a pretty sweet deal.
>>
>>29528913
Fully 60% of Med Hold was for stress fractures. One girl actually ended up getting VA bennies because she got stress fractures in her foot, returned to training, and her MTI put her in a top bunk.

She was in med hold for 11 months.

The biggest issue is most MTI's are new MTI's. After the scandals, a bunch of airmen were voluntold to be MTI's, and a lot of them don't super want to be there. Anyone in Disney World has no idea what the fuck is going on, and the Air Force is working hard to clear out the old guard and replace them with the kindler, gentler Air Force.

The end result is a really lukewarm force.

>>29528945
Jan 5 of this year, with the 322nd.

Med Hold is even worse than the 322nd building. Hearing the folks from the IG go apeshit on everyone was pretty crazy.
>>
>>29528905

I asked whether you were going active, reserve or guard.

Bring an unofficial copy just so they can look over your units, you'll have to provide a sealed official copy from your university anyway if you choose to go forward.

Even if your degree doesn't qualify you directly for a job you may have units that will get you in. Cyber for example prioritizes computer science, IT and IS degrees, but if you have any stem degree and 24 units worth of coursework in CS then you can get in.

The board is in mid May. A recruiter would have to bust his ass to get you on it - shitload of paperwork, schedule you for meps and an afoqt, wait for the results for both to come back... and you'd be a hard sell since you weren't in rotc and you're not prior service.

You really need to demonstrate your commitment if you want him to work that hard.
>>
>>29528975

If you're looking at plc then you likely already know what it is and are probably already committed to doing it.

Not sure what type of info you could possibly hope to get here.
>>
>>29529131
Personal experiences. Stuff the recruiter won't tell me. What else?
>>
>>29529008

>The end result is a really lukewarm force.

That is interesting. It would explain a lot of the shitbaggery I have been seeing in videos of bmt and ots mtis.
>>
>>29529144

Try reddit.

There are very few Marines here and even less officers. I've been lurking meg threads since they started and I have only seen two people who were at least claiming to be officers, and they didn't even go through plc.
>>
>>29529149
It really does. While crutchin' around base, it was stressful going by the auditorium because some SSGT would yell at me for not coming to attention or ask why I wasn't marching. While I had crutches.

And it's not entirely the MTI's at fault. They can't swear, they can't make you do pushups, they really can only give you a U and foist you off up the chain of command if you're a shitbag. We had a couple shitbags, and it was frustrating, because there was no intimidation whatsoever. I have friends in the army, and most of them had a healthy amount of fear for their Drill Sergeant, but my MTI was essentially a really bitchy girlfriend who made me paw through literally shitty laundry because my bunk was by the stinky Arab kid's.

It's fine for the guys who are motivated, but the ones for whom the Air Force was a back-up plan of a back-up plan don't get "molded into a new man", they just slide on through, and everybody knows it, and the end result is a lot of resentment all around.
>>
File: 887873.jpg (9 KB, 500x441) Image search: [Google]
887873.jpg
9 KB, 500x441
>>29529250
if you do go to reddit then you must never come back
>>
>>29529285
Reddit is better for finding people who actually do shit. There are plenty of pilots on the army reddit willing to answer questions and shit, even SF guys too.
>>
File: 1454272994616.jpg (16 KB, 634x450) Image search: [Google]
1454272994616.jpg
16 KB, 634x450
>>29529302
>>
>>29528975
yeah, I knew a few guys who did it when I was in. When I first joined I wanted to go the officer route, but I ended up just riding out my enlistment instead. Officers are gay
>>
File: 62050764.png (361 KB, 858x725) Image search: [Google]
62050764.png
361 KB, 858x725
>>29529306
>>
>>29529325
Well, I'm only interested in the air contract. The recruiter actually showed me the stats and some selection boards had rates as high as 70.
>>
File: 1452369617724.jpg (70 KB, 618x564) Image search: [Google]
1452369617724.jpg
70 KB, 618x564
>>29529328
>>29529306
>>29529285
>>29529250
>>29529302
>>
>>29529337
yeah my buddy is in fixed wing school right now through plc. It's not a bad deal
>>
File: 4547854.gif (145 KB, 200x199) Image search: [Google]
4547854.gif
145 KB, 200x199
>>29529377
I don't care if it's wrong, but I have no interest in becoming any type of ground officer. I'd back out and let someone who actually wants to do that do it.

Fortunately USMC is the only branch that does guaranteed aviation.
>>
>>29529415
so does navy you pooper
>>
File: 1427788852240.jpg (1 MB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1427788852240.jpg
1 MB, 900x900
>>29529358
>>
How many months before attempting to enlist should I set aside for getting /fit/ if I'm not a hamplanet but let myself get pretty weak?
>>
>>29528945
>326th

thats just airmans week though and youre only there a week.
They made the dfac "nicer" by giving it padded chairs and booths at least, but still my old comfy 323rd was wonderful compared to those old shitty dorms.

I feel bad for all of those in DET 5
>>
>>29529108
Ah, apologies. Active.

I'm as committed as I can be. The wait for this info session has been killer. Only wish I had started this sooner, but medical issues last year prevented that. I'm ready to do whatever it takes to help expedite that process if the recruiter would vouch for me.
>>
>>29529479
like 1 or 2 because youre probably gonna sign your contract and wait around in DEP for a while.
I waited from september to january in DEP before I shipped out; plenty of time to get ultra fit.
>>
>>29529428
Yeah but only for OCS right?

I'm only a freshman.
>>
>>29529415
dude I don't give a fuck. do whatever you want man
>>
>>29529268

>but the ones for whom the Air Force was a back-up plan of a back-up plan

FYI: it is like that in every branch. You'll run into 50/50 decent people and shitbags who are just there to get out of their mom's house, it isn't exclusively an Air Force problem.

In Marine boot there is a little chest punching and throat chopping going on, it is reserved for ultra pieces of shit though and not for everyone like a fresh boot might want you to believe so he can look tough.

Usually when someone realizes they made a horrible mistake and refuses to train to try and get sent home they just IT the shit out of the entire platoon while the person stands at attention on the quarter deck. In my platoon they made a guy yell "better you than me" while they had us all foot locker dipping for like forty minutes.

I do feel sorry for Air Force enlisted people. It doesn't seem like they get indoctrinated very well, that is probably what causes a lot of the discipline issues you always see in the times. OTS looks like day camp but at least you know the people who finish actually want to be there since you can voluntarily withdraw at any time.
>>
>>29529548
I bring it up because, especially on other forums when it comes up to pilots, people are all like "If you ONLY want to be a pilot, you don't REALLY want to be an officer!".
>>
>>29528896
They're totally different branches. Day-to-day life is going to depend more on what job you pick than what branch you're in.

Neither is deploying much right now, Army would give you a slightly better chance. Way better chance if you go SOF.
>>
>>29529576
dude it's whatever. If you want to be a pilot you need to be an officer. Yeah pilots are different from other officers. Other officers don't fly planes. Division of labor and all that. Fuckin admin guys are different from motor t guys too
>>
>>29529488

Is this info session going to be you and a bunch of other kids in a room with one or two recruiters? If so then you need to get on the phone tomorrow morning and schedule your own meeting.

I don't want to kill your morale but you likely aren't getting on the May board. I started the process in January and didn't get an afoqt and physical date until March. After that you have to fill out your clearance paperwork and such. I'm probably just barely going to get on the May board and I'm prior service and scored in the 90s on every afoqt component.

Time isn't on your side. If you're serious then you need to get started immediately with the process, not just be going to group meetings with a room full of other kids who have no idea what they want to do with their lives.
>>
>>29529576
>>29529621

It depends on the service you're applying to, and how.

For instance, you can't usually apply to be a certain kind of officer in the Army. If you're going to nope out because you didn't get the branch you want, the whole thing probably isn't for you.
>>
>>29529680
USMC Platoon leader's course.

They have guaranteed aviation, so it was the only branch that fit with what you just described, because that is my mentality.
>>
>>29529657
Well. Shit. Alright, I can do that. Thanks for the heads-up. I'll be back with any news by next week, for better or worse.
>>
is crossfit good to get ready for basic? my run is okay but my pushups are poop
seems stupid expensive but effective
>>
>>29529796
Just do fucking pushups
>>
>>29529796

Sounds like you need to do a bunch of pushups. If you want, you can do a bunch of pushups and then send me a hundred bucks. It will be cheaper and more effective than crossfit.
>>
>>29529727

Sounds good.

I always lurk these threads so I'll definitely be around, I have nothing else to do but 4chan and work since I likely won't be going to OTS until like November.

I can give you tons of good info and tips for the afoqt when you're ready; I also know the meps medical process inside and out if you have any general questions about it. I'm also a dr03 with material command and so I know a lot about how things work civilian side as well.
>>
>>29529680
oh, yeah. If a dude is going to bitch out because things don't go his way then I wouldn't want him leading marines at all. It's about serving your country, not just serving yourself.
>>
>>29529796
The best thing for Infantry is running. The best thing for airborne is more running. The best thing for ranger training is running like an athlete.

I recommend running more.

I've been there and done that. When I was going through ranger training I entered the fast group just to challenge myself. It just about killed me but it was worth it. I was better equipped to manage various situations and scenarios during training.

And I recall running past the slow group low crawling backwards through those great Georgia pine needles and fire ants. I told myself, this is why I'm in the fast group.
>>
>>29520030
I'm 29 with a family, don't feel bad. you're asking a bunch of 19 year old virgins for advice, what did you expect?

but they are right about one thing: infantry is a young man's game. pick another job
>>
>>29530126

>calling people virgins

Are you sure you're 29? Are you sure you aren't like 16?

I was the one giving you advice in the last thread, I'm 32 and I did my time. I was just talking to you like you're a kid because you have a childish mentality, like you continue to display here.
>>
File: 1424622889062.jpg (5 KB, 250x248) Image search: [Google]
1424622889062.jpg
5 KB, 250x248
>>29530126
>>29530189
>having sex
>>
>>29530126
Infantry is definitely a young man's job. I did from the age of 17-25. 8 years sucking the grit. But I am an old man now and I have benefitted from that experience. I know what is valued and what can be dismissed. I know every second of time spent with your family is worth months and years. I missed out on that. And that what precisely what I fought to protect. Terrorism ends here. It ends at the foot of a Soldier, Marine, Airman or Sailor.
>>
>>29529839
Awesome. Thanks for being here, anon. I'll probably be back with questions on how the fuck some of the documentation will go. As for the test, I know I need to hit the pilot/navigator material more than the core reqs.
>>
I'm enlisting in the army as a 35p. I have a B.A., but I'm not becoming an officer because I don't have anything going for me right now in terms of my major or gpa but also because I want to be guaranteed a slot at DLI and get to do intel work.
But if I decide to stay in the army after my contract is up, I think I'll want to either become a warrant officer or get a commission.

Do warrants get nice reenlistment bonuses or anything that makes their total pay more on par with that of commissioned officers?
Any other reasons to choose one over the other?
Would having language skills and intel experience influence the army's decision of my placement if I manage to get commissioned in the future?
>>
>>29530231
what about our esteemed puddle pirates?
>>
>>29530240

Warrants have a commission as well, so they do not reenlist. The short answer is, no, they don't get paid as well as O-type officers do, but they also have vastly different responsibilities. Warrants become experts in their craft, and tend to have stable advisory assignments. Regular commissioned officers are pure managers, and their careers tend to be much more mobile but also much more fragile. There are a lot of politics in making it to retirement as an O6+.

If you choose to commission as a lieutenant in the future, your MI background and language won't have any bearing on your branch. If you decide to go warrant, you will become a warrant focused on the same field you were enlisted in.
>>
>>29530189
>reading comprehension
i wasn't in last thread, hence the late reply. but thanks. and the next post
>>29530217
is exactly what i'm talking about with the virgins. talk about women or sex or even sports, your post will get spammed with rees and frogs.
>>29530231
i absolutely respect what you did, wish i did it when i was younger. but i've been doing manual labor for the past 10 years, my back and knees are too fucked for all that lol. desk job MOS for this guy
>>
>>29525608
>and I really thought talking to the school people would help.

You learned your lesson.

Welcome to the fuck barrel that is "mental health" in our country. You can't admit ANYTHING without getting fucked for life both in regards to future employment opportunities and civil liberties.
>>
>>29528211
>Did you receive any statements recommending you to apply to the respective service academy?

Lol you watch too much anime kiddo.

The recruiter isn't going to shit bricks at your AFQT and suddenly you're on your way to a commission at the most prestigious high school/military academy.

Here's how it's going to go (from someone who actually enlisted and has already been out for four years after an honorable discharge):

1. Walk into recruiting station

2. You're the fifteenth kid to walk in with likely unrealistic expectations of what's available and what you will or can do that the recruiter has seen today, and it's not even lunch time

3. You're going to spill your spaghetti all over th recruiter while you're looking at MOS

4. You're going to pick something because he's going to lie to you about what you do (because he very likely never actually held that MOS and doesn't know jack shit beyond a pamphlet designed to trick you into wanting to do it) and is going to lie to you about your prospects outside of the military because if military training and service beyond a very few select MOS could set you up with a great paying skilled job for life, who the fuck would reenlist?

5. You're going to ship off to BCT/AIT and get told about how you're the most bad ass mother fucking water filtration/supply/laundry/mess specialists in the entire world, and you're going to get a full Hooah/moto tattoo, buy some shitty jacket and put flags of countries you've never been to on it, take selfies with your outdated gear in your dorm, and tell stories about how "back in basic"
>>
File: 1459276671486.jpg (58 KB, 850x400) Image search: [Google]
1459276671486.jpg
58 KB, 850x400
>>29530956
10/10
>>
File: 5k 10k.jpg (629 KB, 2576x3200) Image search: [Google]
5k 10k.jpg
629 KB, 2576x3200
>>29526259
I would start off going for brisk walks. How hard are you running for those 5 minutes? You don't have to sprint, as long as you are jogging/running instead of walking you can go as slow as you have to and you will still benefit. I would start off just going for a 30 minute walk every day or as many days/week as you can for a week and then start with C25k. Once you finish C25k you can start doing intervals to get faster, and continue with the 10k edition in pic related if you want. But if you work up to running the whole 5k and just run a 5k 3-4 days a week you will be doing pretty well.
>>
Anyone here been to submarine school? How is it?
>>
>>29529796
Don't pay for crossfit just to fix your pushups. Just do pushups. If you have access to parallel bars, dips are a good supplement as well.
>>
>>29531245

Didn't everybody tell you to fuck off?

The last thing meg needs is fitness advice from someone who has never served.
>>
>>29531422
simply ebin
this whole thread is about getting advice from people who never served anyway
>>
>>29531422
what a faggot. this dude is trying to help people get into shape, and at the very least he's keeping the thread bumped.

ignore him if you don't like what he's saying
>>
File: IMG_1743.png (14 KB, 320x178) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1743.png
14 KB, 320x178
>>29531441
This desu.
I've never served, but I just stalk this thread and parrot what I've heard.
>>
>>29531422
You're right, I forgot that I needed military experience to tell someone how to design a workout plan.

Maybe you weren't here, but I'm not a random new dude trying to namefag. I was in here helping guys out almost every day up until a couple months ago.

If you're just mad because you aren't in shape, you don't even have to stoop to admitting it to me. You can go read the sticky on /fit/ all on your own.
>>
>>29531534
Nobody wants to admit it but the whole thread is people who have never served parroting advice they heard from people who have also never served, to people who are not going to serve.
>>
>>29531583

The advice you give is going to lead kids to nothing but shin splints, tapings and fleet remedial.

Honestly, anyone who would take advice from someone who hasn't done what they're trying to do deserves what happens to them. You're still a bad person for giving it though.
>>
>>29531614
After I get to the fleet, I'll come back for you /Meg/, pinkie promise.
>>
>>29531644
you mean the part where he said to start off with a brisk walk instead of running?
>>
>>29531222
>high pressure environment
>>
>>29531655
>ask a guy who washed out of navy basic anything
>>
>>29531673
He will have achieved more than anyone else in the thread if all he does is wash out of basic
>>
Some dipshit in my cycle punched his locker hard enough to dislocate his knuckles or something. He went to sick call the next day and I haven't seen him since.

>literally getting that mad
>>
>>29531673
Topbanter
>>
>>29531723
you must not remember navydepper or 13f
>>
>>29531734
I remember Navydepper, couldn't believe it when I heard he washed out of basic.
I have thick skin and I run regularly, so hopefully I won't have any issues. Especially since I have until September til I ship.
>>
Finally /fit/ as fuck, time to learn a lil bit of french and I'm of to france!
Do you guys speak about the ffl? Anyone round here served? if so, I'd like to hear some stories haha
>>
Best branch to commission into? I'm thinking Marines but I know next to nothing
>>
>>29530956
>>29531087
Mmk thanks for the shit essay and subsequent samefagging that I very much did not read.
Retard
>>
File: 1437507436592.png (622 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
1437507436592.png
622 KB, 500x667
WOW
you faggots fucking LIED To me

I just finished marine bootcamp and life fucking sucks
nobody fucking told me I get treated like a piece of shit

I hope obama steals all your guns
>>
>>29532805
>nobody fucking told me I get treated like a piece of shit
You were a recruit. Recruits are lower than shit. How did you not see this coming?
>>
>>29532805
Pull up your bloomers, miss annie.
>>
Here's a fun question.

Does the military actually care if someone's jerking to loli?
>>
going submit a packet for SOAS next year
>>
>>29533004
Just keep it to yourself, hot rod.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-04-08-02-43-25.png (567 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-04-08-02-43-25.png
567 KB, 1440x2560
>>29532535
>surely more than one person wouldn't mock me
>better disregard advice because it flusters my fanny
>>
>>29533004
yeah if you go /sf/ you'll get beaten to death

if you dont think special forces can get away with that shit listen to this

>live in coronado, rich businessman dad and my moms a teacher
>cool high school but our mascots gay as fuck
>islanders
>moving on
>live next to a no shit navy seal, dad invites him over for drinks because unlike my my dad doesnt sperg out around heroes
>get to know the seals daughter, gorgeous girl
>school goes on, girl starts dating a 20 year old black kid whos notorious for dealing weed to hs students
>starts wearing hippie clothes and skipping class
>sitting out on front porch one night
>see seal come out of house and stand on porch, neither of us have lawns because coronado is like 1million usd for someones garage to live in
>he nods at me, walks over
>oh fuck hes walking towards me
>sits down on the rocking bench next to me, silent
"Hey anon, I need you to be real fuckin straight with me."
"Yes sir?" (probably sounded like a huge fag)
"My daughter anonette, you seen her with that kid, whats his name again?"
"Rashaad, sir."
"Alright bud, have a good night okay?"
>He gives me knuckles and walks back to his house
>Nothing happens for a couple weeks
>Go to school
>Everyones super morose
>Ask whats up
"Dude Rashaad was found dead way the fuck out in the ocean, they said he had an asthma attack while swimming."
>Rashaad was a former varsity football player
>He got tested for asthma like the rest of us for his physical
>mfw
>>
Shipping to AIT at ft Lee today. Anyone know how long processing is, or how hard they'll be when we first get there?
>>
>>29533484
kek
Pullan triggaz, ghostan niggaz
Hew-yehhh~
>>
>>29533004
They asked me, when I was going through the process of getting TS/SCI if I had any sexual deviancy a normal person would find in bad taste.
>>
>>29533484
Of all the greentexts that didn't happen, this one is the most entertaining. I WANT TO BELIEVE.
>>
File: image.jpg (498 KB, 2052x1329) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
498 KB, 2052x1329
Aight, so I'm the guy that lied about ADHD and Lyme disease in MEPs and enlisted in army reserves for 74D. (If any of you were in that thread.)

My employee got a letter, I assume for the background check. Will they check my medical records at schools I've attended? My ADHD diagnosis is in their system.

Also, any additional info on how shitty 74D is would be appreciated. I'm still on the fence about trying to change it.
Any info would be great... Thanks.
>>
>>29533975
Meant to say employer, not employee. I fucking wish I owned a business.
>>
>>29533857
Of course they would ask you after seeing that you post on 4chan.
>>
First meeting with Army recruiter this afternoon
Would it look bad to have a beard? I know I need to shave it off before MEPS, but can I keep it till then?
>>
>>29534004
They won't care.
But you have to shave it off before MEPS.
>>
Is masturbation a DQ?
Will they ask me about this at MEPS?
Ive been on NOFAP for 2 weeks and idk if I can last, I know Im supposed to lie, but I get nervous when I lie and Im worried they will know something is up :/
>>
>>29534036
No they don't.

Weirdo.
>>
>>29534036
Yes. If you are caught masturbating once youre in you will usually get a mental health discharge
>>
I'm a DEP Poolee and I was looking up some fraudulent enlistment stuff and have some questions:
I have no chronic medical conditions, and thus I didn't list any at MEPS.
But I did get sent to the emergency room for a sprained foot over two years before my enlistment, I let my recruiter know that, but he just told me to not worry about it since it didn't affect me at all. Can that bite me in the ass and get me kicked out? Even if it doesn't affect me at all?
>>
>>29535382
Please listen and pay very close attention to me. This will be the best advice you will ever hear in your entire life.

Keep your mouth shut.
>>
>>29535406
Alright. I can do that. It's like it never happened.
But what could encourage them to look into my medical past? and how can I avoid that? My MOS is going to be electronics maintenance. Do the secret clearance checks only check legal background?
>>
Is a 67 a good ASVAB score for someone aiming for the Airforce or should I retake it?
>>
>>29535424
The volume of personnel coming in is so vast no one will have time to single you out. No one will care.
>>
>>29535468
Study up then retake it. Aim for something in the 80s. You will need a GT score above 110 to do anything requiring brain activity.
>>
>>29535470
Ok. I was just really worried.
My recruiter and another recruiter at the station reassured me I was fine and that because of some law they can't really access my private medical records (inb4 believing recruiters)
I mean, it's not like I have diabetes or asthma or something. I just went to the hospital and got some x-rays and some crutches for a couple weeks, that's it. Surely they would have cancelled my enlistment if they could look into my medical records and found something wrong.
>>
>>29535509
You worry too much. After you enter the green machine, you will quickly learn that no one is special and no one cares if you're a choir boy or goat rapist. There are massive amounts of people to process. The quicker they can dismiss you the better. Finding a flaw is a major hassle and it is one they prefer to avoid.
>>
Alright guys I have three questions.
1) I lift M-F in a factory heavy labor kind of job (glass plant) and lift up 130lb for about 6hrs straight. But I do not really run, how fucked am I if I want to go army?
2) If I want more money than what enlisted offers but hate officer positions, should I just stay civilian?

while I also probably know this, why is it that I weight 120, can lift heavy objects and in better shape than most, still not eligible to enlist until I weigh at least 135?
>>
>>29532805
>nobody told me i'd be treated like shit as a marine
Everyone told you that you dumb retard
>>
>>29535650
jesus christ fucking eat more
>>
>>29535635
I just spoke to my recruiter and he pretty much told me the same thing. I was 100% honest with my recruiter and he felt it was better to leave out the foot sprain when I went to MEPS but I was worried if that was to test my honesty.
I was just worried that this minor little thing would ruin my career before it even started. I just went for X-rays, no surgeries, no prescriptions, nothing.
>>
>>29533125
Either way you vomited blocks of text that really had nothing to do with my question. Everything you said I already knew.
>>
>>29532805

Ha...

FYI: if you signed up for a retard mos like 0622 you're going to be treated like shit your entire enlistment.

All the manchildren are in the low scoring jobs so they have to keep them locked down so they won't go around getting DUIs and raping people all the time.
>>
>>29535684
you know the sad thing? Ive gained 10lb in the past 3 months by eating more meals spread out throughout the day.
>>
>>29534000
B-but I only post on the non weeb boards!
>>
>>29535487
He can't retake with Air Force if he just wants to qualify for more jobs. Other branches might let him though.

I know Marines do, I needed a 74, only got a 70 and they let me retest.
>>
>>29535732

Why do you guys lie about stuff that can be googled? If you're going to lie then try to choose a subject that is something other than factual information.
>>
>>29535775
But it's true

Why would the recruiter waste his time?
>>
>>29535822
How is that wasting his time? If anything, it would be better for the recruiter. He could get closer to reaching his quota for AFSC enlistments requiring a high ASVAB
>>
>>29535843
Please provide a source for this AFSC quota. I have never heard of it.

Also, he is wasting time because this guy quals for plenty of jobs with a 67, but he wants to retake with is a minimum 30 day wait assuming he took it very recently. Then, what if he scores lower? Or the same score? Even more of a headache for the recruiter then.
>>
Thinking about joining the SC National Guard. What do you guys think?
>>
>>29535843

http://www.military.com/join-armed-forces/asvab/asvab-retest-policy.html

Stop shitposting in meg, please. There are kids here trying to make life decisions.
>>
File: 1404525227790.jpg (50 KB, 408x439) Image search: [Google]
1404525227790.jpg
50 KB, 408x439
>>29536070
>An applicant's initial test or first/second retest was invalidated for cheating.
>people will cheat on the asvab
>>
>>29534036
kek I don't know if this is a joke or you took the thing about not masturbating before meps too seriously. You're just supposed to not jerk it a day or two before meps so you don't have protein and shit in your urine.
>>
>>29536110

Just browse through these threads. There are plenty of mouth breathers who have issues just passing the asvab let alone getting a decent score.
>>
>>29535959
There is no higher calling than service.

That is a quote from the lead agent of President Ford's Secret Service detail, Mr. Joel Glenn.

It rings true throughout the eras. Sign up. Do your part.
>>
>>29535959
join the army instead
>>
Has anyone here ever lied about anything at MEPS and gotten away with it?
>>
>>29536258
Maybe
>>
>>29535959

If you have a good job that you don't want to leave then go for it.

Being in the guard is a much better choice than the reserve. When shit goes down in your community you'll have the chance to actually do something about it.
>>
How extensively do they check your body at MEPS?

For about the past ten years I've had the skin on the bottom of my right foot chronically peel off. I don't think it's a fungus or an infection or anything, since it's never spread to my other foot, any other part of my body, nor anybody else who lives in my house and shares the same shower. It doesn't look like athlete's foot, and it doesn't itch or appear red, the skin just peels off and then grows back and then peels off again. Still, I feel like it might be something that they would tell me to come back another day if they found out about it.
>>
>>29535888
True. Thanks for that. I was only thinking that because the minimum for an area I was aiming for is a 72. But you made some good points.
>>
>>29536313
they never checked my foot at the physical
>>
>>29536313

You get in your underwear and you get inspected, how thoroughly depends on how lazy the doctor doing it that day is. Prior to that you fill out a form with an outline of a human body in which you're supposed to denote any marks you have on yourself.
>>
>>29536258
Nice try, OPM.
>>
>>29536313
Depends on the doc. I had an old asian lady who was very nice, but it was like she didn't give a single fuck.
>>
>>29536313
buy a pedegg or pumice stone and exfoliate the day before
>>
>>29536264
>>29536205

Thanks for the response. I was thinking about doing active but I don't want to get to burnt out because I would like this to be a long term thing and try to also get an Officer Commission down the road.
>>
>>29528842
i downloaded an old copy and studied for a couple of days just to learn the electrical stuff and freshen up my math skills, scored a 99

don't waste 30 bucks on a practice guide when you don't need to
>>
If I were to do Army Intelligence as my MOS what would they have me doing all day?
>>
>>29536573
Unintelligent stuff.

>>
File: man-laughing.jpg (592 KB, 2255x3138) Image search: [Google]
man-laughing.jpg
592 KB, 2255x3138
>>29536501

I was active for six years. I got out with my undergrad in cs and got a dod job, now I actually do meaningful work rather than sitting around sucking up tax money to do nothing and I'm about to get commissioned in the air guard to fulfill that officer dream.

I'd say to only go active if you want that life experience, but I don't know how much you'd get from the peacetime military, or if you have no way of paying for college. Being active you get paid mediocre money compared to civilians and you're only allowed to do retard work - military maintainers just swap out parts while civilians work at the component level, military network guys only maintain the networks while civilians do research and development.

I wasn't happy with doing a job that a well-trained monkey could do, so I had to get out and pursue something more meaningful.
>>
>>29536525
I paid $5 for a used copy.
>>
>>29536587
>air guard
Do pushups for even typing those words out.
>>
>>29536607

The unit I'm going to saved about 200 people when there were wildfires in my state last year. They have already done more important work during one dry season than I did in six years with three deployments.

You can go ahead and take part in the whole childish boot service vs service bullshit but at the end of the day my aim is to assist in helping Americans - the kids here are going to sit on a base somewhere raking sand and painting rocks for four years, if they're lucky; if they aren't and the powers that be decide to start another war they're going to be fighting more goat farmers who are just trying to protect their homes.
>>
>>29536661
I once had a cousin like you. He was a child molester.
>>
>>29536678

The thing about jokes/trolling is that they are usually funny.

You're going to have to apply yourself.
>>
Is nuke school really that hard? I've been looking up info and while it does seem challenging in that you have to learn a lot of stuff, the material itself doesn't seem like it's going to be particularly difficult. It also seems that some of the storied difficulty comes from most recruits being kids that have no study habits
>>
>>29536781
All I hear about nuke school is that everyone cheats
>>
>>29536715
Say hello to your mom for me.
>>
>>29536580
I am also looking into other NG jobs in SC. They have 13D, 19K and 19D. I've heard mixed things about cav scouts. I really like the idea of viewing the "bigger picture". For that same reason I was also thinking about doing 13F.
>>
Is pot use common in the barracks?
>>
>>29536912

Yeah... I don't get it.

A statement having like six implications immediately makes it unfunny, it just becomes confusing.

One more try...
>>
>>29537012
What did your mom say when you told her hi for me?
>>
>>29536976
Typically, if you run out, the 1SG will hook you up before first formation.
>>
>>29537024

Ugh, you're not even taking this seriously.

The only thing worse than a troll is one who doesn't have the mental capacity to even be funny.
>>
>>29537047
Did she admit that I'm your dad?
>>
>>29537060

That was way too long of a journey for such a shitty payoff.

I'm glad it is over.
>>
>>29537071
>I'm glad it's over

That's what your mom said when you moved out.
>>
>>29537095
and when you finished in 3 min
>>
>>29537107

>jumping into someone else's conversation
>not even having something entertaining to add
>>
>>29537107
I admit it. Your mom has skillz.
>>
>>29535703
I've been reading more and more about a "moment of truth" where recruits confess shit, what if I told them about me spraining my foot two and a half years ago and getting x-rayed,would they actually send me home? Even if it's something as tiny as that instead of confessing to having asthma or being a pothead?
>>
>>29537163
nevermind.
>>
>>29537146
shut up dad i'm trying ok
>>
>>29537163
They'd probably slap the shit out of you for wasting their time.

Seriously, you are the biggest worry wart faggot I have ever encountered.

I sure as fuck wouldn't want you as my battle buddy. You're about as hardcore as a wet noodle. Perhaps you should drop out now.
>>
>>29535707
>Everything you said I already knew.

Then why did you ask a stupid fucking question like

>>29528211
>Did you receive any statements recommending you to apply to the respective service academy?

No recruiter is going to see you walk in with your dirty Kill La Kill tee shirt and velcro shoes and ask if you want to take your greasy pony tail to West Point or Annapolis based on your ASVAB.
>>
>>29533857
>They asked me, when I was going through the process of getting TS/SCI if I had any sexual deviancy a normal person would find in bad taste.

I held a TS/SCI for six years, including being read on to multiple special access programs, and I absolutely never had this asked of me.
>>
>>29536258
Yep.
>>
>>29537675

Like another anon said, the people here play too many video games and watch too much anime.

I don't know how the Japanese "military" works but I doubt they would put a 20 year old in command of anything because he shoots really well or scored perfectly on a standardized percentile-based test. I imagine it is just like the US, which isn't like call of duty - there aren't lt generals walking around choosing e2 armyfags to join the CIA because they perform well on some mockup shooting course.
>>
File: Not CIA.jpg (191 KB, 2048x1360) Image search: [Google]
Not CIA.jpg
191 KB, 2048x1360
>>29537729
What did it concern, no need to post specifics. Medical, legal, what?
>>
>>29532805
all my marine friends have said the exact same thing kek
>>
>>29539229

They didn't know that that they wouldn't be treated well in the branch which was infamous for being the worst?
>>
>>29528211
i did
>take asvab
>recruiter looks at my score and tells me
>son with this score we cant have you in infantry
>lemme make some calls to higher ups
>a few weeks later i was in the bus on my way to leujeune as a water dog
>>
>>29539359
kek
>>
>>29532805
I know that this is a meme but seriously, I don't get how a branch that builds it's reputation on sucking can have so many people whining about it sucking.
>>
Anyone ever quit their office job an joined the navy? Office work is slowly killing me. Anyone is a similar mind set?
>>
Do any of the branches still offer student loan repayment?
>>
>>29539742
Not an office job but I did quit University. It hit me all at once that I was getting a degree I did not give a shit about, and that in a few years I would never have the opportunity to do something like this again and I'd regret it. So I decided to join the Navy and sign for whatever sounded hard/unique. Now I'm just waiting to ship
>>
>>29539851
I believe the army does but your mos has to qualify and you give up the gi bill and all that stuff
>>
>>29539528
>I don't get how a branch that builds it's reputation on sucking can have so many people whining about it sucking.

They assume it'll suck for everyone else. They assume there will be one shitbag in the platoon who will soak up all the hats' anger. (Hat anger is a limitless natural resource.)

Most importantly, they assume that, by acknowledging that it will be difficult it will, in a way, become a little easier. (As in, "I didn't go in blindly thinking it'll be just like summer camp.")

>>29539742
Yes, but Marines not Navy. I had a job at a smallish software development company and I was bored as hell. It was 2003, so it was a different time than now. The guy that owned the company was a former Marine and was so impressed that he promised me my job back with cost-of-living increases when I got out.

It was an extremely worthwhile decision.
>>
>>29536781
This has been addressed a thousand times in these threads.

If you're too stupid for nuke school, the Navy won't let you even try.
>>
File: the feel.jpg (140 KB, 800x1107) Image search: [Google]
the feel.jpg
140 KB, 800x1107
welp im going to navy basic Monday. any other anons leaving around the same time? not looking to do some gay meetup but knowing another autist is going through the same shit would be nice.
>>
>>29525470
Don't know if I'm too late, but there's two things in play here.

First, mood disorders are only disqualifying if they require "outpatient care for longer than 6 months." In other words, if it was less then that, it's a non-issue.

Second, if there was ever a transfer of money involved or paperwork filed, they CAN find out. People who tell you "No one will ever know unless you tell them" are bullshitting you. Insurance records exist, hospital records exist, and they have your name on them. They won't actively look for them in most cases and depending on what you do and for how long in the military they may never find out, but that possibility is always there. If you ever have an in-depth security clearance they will be looking for exactly that kind of thing: evidence that you were dishonest in your career for any reason.

I'm not going to tell you what to do either way. However, keep in mind that people that tell you "X will/ definitely will not happen" pay no price for being wrong, unlike you. Only you can gather the information necessary and make the decision that is best for you.

If it was longer than 6 months and you don't feel comfortable gambling you may want to look into the waiver process. Your chances of success can vary significantly depending on your particular circumstances. If you think you might need to do this, don't be afraid of looking stupid to your recruiter: a dishonorable discharge can screw you up for life, and embarrassment is temporary.

I know this is late but serious shit can happen if this goes badly for you and you deserve to have all the information needed to make the decision that you feel is best.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.