[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/meg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 35
File: 1451520386394.jpg (154 KB, 640x843) Image search: [Google]
1451520386394.jpg
154 KB, 640x843
/meg/-Military Enlistment General
Peacetime infantry edition

>IRC Channel
>implying anyone uses IRC
#MEG on Freenode
If you're on mobile look up AndroIRC for the app. Any questions, ask in the thread to get you set up.

Resources:

>Armyranger.com
For Ranger info, obviously.

>Shadowspear.com
All around SOF website. Great info and run by former/active members of every SOF unit. Mentor program. Also has forums for international SOF.

>Professionalsoldiers.com
For all Army SF info.

>http://www.corpsman.com
For Navy Corpsman info.

>http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?115180-MARSOC-Force-Recon
This is an all-inclusive thread for MARSOC/Force Recon stuff. Good site for Marines info too.

>http://www.uscg.org
For Coast Guard info. Good site, lots of vets able to answer questions.

>www.defencejobs.gov.au/
For info on the Australian Defense Force, and how you can shitpost on the world stage.

>https://www.airwarriors.com/community/
Naval Aviator forum with info on Navy OCS as well

OP template
http://pastebin.com/sb5Gv1dW

Before you ask a question, check the FAQ
http://pastebin.com/Rx0nDuga

Which branch are you enlisting/enlisted/considering?
http://strawpoll.me/6764857

Ask questions, get advice from retards on how to lie on the poly, bitch about recruiters, accuse each other of stolen valor, just keep it in this general.
Use the IRC pussies
>>
Do 11B's get a shot at the Defense Language Institute/DLPT?
>>
>>29493653
Do learn a language? As far as I know, no. Only very specific MOSs are paid to have a second language. 11b is definitely not one of them.
>>
Had to choose the most depressing picture op
>>
>>29493653
why dont you get an option 40 in your contract with the mos that goes to DLI? i think its 35P dont remember off the top of my head
>>
>>29493694

hurrr
>>
>>29493680
>>29493707
I see, it's what I thought. Thanks for letting me know.

Also if you don't mind another question, 11B's do get Airborne right?
>>
>>29493775
Only if it's guaranteed in their contract as Opt 40.
>>
Have my first dep meeting on Thursday, do we actually do anything or just dick around?
>>
>Decide to try for CCT because why not
>Start training for it, haven't shipped yet
>Ran track/cross country in high school so I'm in great shape
>The running etc is easy peasy, I'm up to standard or past it
>But the pool!
>Get in the pool
>Swim in the pool
>Oh god, this sucks
>Gonna drown
>Not even to MEPS yet

I see now why people get weeded out at that part.
>>
>>29493866
Take a swimming class or get a session with a swim coach if you haven't yet
>>
>>29493942

I got my friend who is a lifeguard to help. I still suck pretty hard.
>>
>>29493963
>who is a lifeguard to help

He better have been a damn good swimmer in the past, lifeguards don't have to be that good to do their job.
>>
prospective 5C in army here.

What will I be doing? I heard from the recruiter that the training is hard and the MOS is only for intelligent and hardworking people.
>>
>>29495060
thats not a mos
>>
>>29495065
okay, well what the fuck is it?

i made this thread >>29492476
>>
>>29494624

She's a pretty good swimmer, swam on the team.
>>
>>29493530
This is now a feels thread
>>
>>29495319
>she
normiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssss
>>
>>29493653
Get my afsc, I head there Monday
>>
>>29495116

Recruiter probably said "25C" and you misheard.
>>
>>29493963
A career of checking ID cards at the gate awaits you.
>>
>>29496019
that might be it? is it a hard to get into (intelligence wise) since the recruiter said its for smart people.
>>
>>29493780
Or Opt 4.

They can get an Opt 4(Airborne) without going to RASP.
>>
>>29493823
It depends on the branch, and even then on the recruiter(s) doing it.
>>
>>29493823
depends on your command
we PT
>>
>>29495332

yea its a pretty depressing pic
>>
>>29496263
>>29495332
you guys dont want the frogposting
what more can i do
>>
>>29496293
maybe post something that doesn't make me feel awful?
>>
>>29495060
Quit shitting up these threads faggot. How can we tell you what you'll be doing when you're either just shitposting a fictitious MOS or don't even know what it is.
>>
File: 1436475701908.jpg (20 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1436475701908.jpg
20 KB, 200x200
>>29496329
like yoba? or screenshots of whatever show im watching?
>>29496049
hes probably just trying to sell you the mos
it doesnt take much to pass the asvab with a nonmouthbreathing score
>>
>>29496049
He didn't tell you the name, the branch, what you'd be doing, where your AIT was, further career opportunities, nothing? I don't believe you.
>>
>>29493530
>Jody tries to join the military
https://imgur.com/gallery/4JFPj
>>
>>29496453
>>29496444
>>29496474
aint lying

>said the training school was hard
>said the job itself wasnt for idiots
>needed security clearance so no criminal records
>need to be good at problem solving
>need to learn morse code
>some shit with radio command centers

i swear to god he said 5C (in the army). im not the best listener. he also said this isnt useless in the civilian life. i really wish i could tell you more. i just dont want to sign my life away on this dream that i dont even fully understand yet.
>>
>>29496573
ask for a pamphlet
it sounds like 25C though
its not some fucking genius benedict cumberbatch shit
hes just selling you the mos

what do you want to do anyway
>>
>>29496573
Slow down high speed. It's probably 25C. Go look it up and report back. Unlikely that he said 35C but who knows.
>>
>>29496573

Holy fuck, how did you hear "35S(ierra)" as "5C"?

But, yeah, that stuff is generally true of 35S.
>>
>>29496573
Yeah just don't join.
>>
File: image.jpg (16 KB, 299x168) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16 KB, 299x168
>>29496573
>he said you gotta be smart
>he said training was hard
>he said id work with radios
>anon cant even hear what the mos is called
>>
>>29496839
suck a dick, if im in a room with only one guy talking to me, its hard for me to not tune him out and think about random shit. and dont tell me you dont do it. especially when it seems like he is talking in circles or about some uninteresting experience of his

>>29496634
>>29496632
i looked up 25C, 35C, 35S. honestly they all resemble it on the surface.

>>29496628
ill do that, i just asked for something technical which has a marketable skill. i showed him some projects i did in HS (coding projects, a robotics project from my engineering HS extension class)
>>
>>29496839
also the name was something convulted and long, i honestly dont remember

thanks for all the responses guys

oh and i almost forgot this guys (You) >>29496690
>>
>>29496898
Lmao ok dude but usually you research an MOS heavily before and go in there with what you want in mind.
>>
So how many years in a row that /k/ has won the 'easiest board to troll' award now?
>>
>>29496950
i was ready to do some medical shit but the recruiter geared me towards something else (something about having to wait longer to be deployed). I'm still young (19) and dont really have an idea what I want to do, i just want to choose something good and roll with it.
>>
>>29497002
Just read the whole list of MOS and pick something that sounds interesting. It would take at most a half hour of your life.
>>
>>29497209
i already read the lists, theres only so much you can infer from a few word title.
>>
Hey /meg/
I'm a gayfag here considering being a marine officer... I have a boyfriend but I'm afraid to tell him I'm joining
He says military men are dumb stupid animals
I'm 25 BTW and we've been dating since college I wanted to marry him... But I don't know anymore.. Its been my dream to join but I just cant.. Imagine myself being alone again
>>
>>29497270
>joining the military while in a relationship/marriage regardless of sexual preference
>>
>>29497270
Go see a therapist and pay them up the wazoo to gain self-knowledge or just ask yourself what your situation means to you and then how you can move forward with your partner, if he shits all over you for wanting to join the military and can't have you be his partner and be in the military you have to decide what means more to you.

Also
>joining the military while in a relationship
>>
>>29497586
>>29498148
>being single at 25
I know it might be hard for you kissless virgin NEETS but people actually do date and have sex as adults....
>>
>>29498310
No no, no, no. It has nothing to do with NEETS

Your relationship WILL NOT survive the military.

I don't know exactly why or how, but I have yet to hear about ANY relationship that has survived one of the involved parties joining the military. Ever.

Maybe your's survives. Maybe you're a special snowflake who loves his significant other more than anything in the whole world.

BUT

Probably not. Almost always not.
>>
>>29497236
Ok, so what type of job interests you?
>>
>>29498337
What about if I marry my boyfriend.
Maybe he'll be okay with it. I have him by a leash really (he's really into puppy play, such a cute faggot)
He is solo fucking cute I've known him since I was in college he was in my engineering class then a few months later we go to a furry convention
I refuse to believe my 7 year relationship will end
>>
Any jobs in the Marines/Coast guard, that will land me on a boat if I want to go to DLI?

Want nothing more than to be on a boat, but Languages is the only thing I know I'm good at.
>>
>>29496898
>if im in a room with only one guy talking to me, its hard for me to not tune him out and think about random shit.

You have fucking ADD anon.

It really isn't that hard to sit in a room with a single person and listen to what they have to say.

Do me a goddamn favor, if you go to your recruiter and he starts any sentence with "35[x] is a good MOS..." stop him right there and tell him you're a human pineapple and you don't qualify.
>>
>>29497270
>He says military men are dumb stupid animals

Clearly you're dating Henry Kissinger and you need to pull a Bismarck on him before you break it off.
>>
>>29498440
He was a political science major and did his thesis on Nixon x3
Goddd he's so smart and cute he's sleeping next to me with our bpuppy
He just doesn't like how military men are pawns for us imperialism but I tell him that we need to maintain hegemony to keep global stability... Plus I'd be an officer. .
Why the fuck r u so adorable Jason!!!
Hwy don't we just go to Midwest furfest and forget bout it
>>
>>29498380

Allow me to paint a picture

63 men were in my platoon when I went to Basic.

27 of which were in relationships, none of which made it
9 were married.

Only 2 relationships survived the ordeal.

Of those 2, 1 failed within 3 weeks of his return.

The last one survived. Some background on that is necessary.

The man I speak of is on par with our dear Lord Vining.

This man is now 40 years old (He was 35 when he joined). He is married with 3 kids. He joined the military because he got fired from his job as a school teacher (he taught 11th grade history) during the recession.

He met his wife when he dragged her ass out of a burning car while working as a volunteer EMT in the middle of bumfuck Kentucky. She owes him her life in the most literal sense.

Can you say that? Can you say that your man OWES YOU HIS LIFE? Because that is the only way that I have witnessed that a relationship will survive Basic.

Maybe I'm wrong. It's certainly happened. But 63 to 1 odds say that it won't work
>>
>>29498456
i feel like everything you post is bait.
>>
>>29498505
This isn't possible. My boyfriend is my life and has been with me through thick and thin. Even when I was in France for an internship. He never let me go. He never let me down. He never turned around and deserted me.
Fuck it I'm going to propose tomorrow fuck you guys I don't want to be a single depressed fuck Like the rest of you
He's sleeping now. My puppy woke up because I'm using my phone
Can you say that? Can you say that youvget to sleep with your loved one every night as he dreams pleasent dreams?
>>
>>29498537
You don't have to believe me. Hell, 4chan even calls you a fool for believing me.

But who said it has anything to do with him? Of those 27, 8 cheated on their significant other during Essayance pass (36 hour leave you're given for graduating Basic before AIT begins)

Maybe you're right. Maybe you both remain true to your relationship. And I hope you do, I really do. After my service I met the woman of my dreams, so yes I get to sleep next to my woman as she dreams pleasant dreams.

But there is a reason that Jodie is a thing in the military. I wish you many happy children, but I want you to know EXACTLY what you very well may be getting into.
>>
>>29498537
That guy is obviously exaggerating or had an extreme case. Out of my 40 man platoon for OSUT, about 20 were in relationships and only 3 broke up while in it.
>>
>>29498380
There's quite a lot of marriages that don't support the military. Relationships from before the military member joined have particular trouble because it forces the partner into a certain culture and lifestyle that they did not anticipate when they first started dating.

It's more about the personalities involved rather than anything else.
>>
File: tumblr_mhz01rMYvA1s1xbh5o1_400.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mhz01rMYvA1s1xbh5o1_400.gif
1 MB, 320x240
>>29498537
>He never let me go. He never let me down. He never turned around and deserted me.
>>
>>29498621
Yeah I guess you're right...

My boyfriend is just too cute and I want to make sure he has the best
>>
File: gays not welcome.jpg (8 KB, 204x247) Image search: [Google]
gays not welcome.jpg
8 KB, 204x247
mfw this threaf
>>
So I know the FAQ says to always lie, but in my case I have enough references who don't know about the one time I smoked weed (shit doesn't agree with me, but I didn't know that at the time)... But my nosy sister who always finds out about my shit does. How fucked would I be if I just flat out admitted to the Corps that I smoked the reefer a single time? I'm completely clean on a piss test.
>>
>>29498650
fuck your sister, don't admit that shit
>>
>>29498662
Sounds reasonable. Burden of proof is theirs anyway I suppose. Let's just hope Hiro didn't sell them my 4chan posting data.

>I don't know what to say sir, I would never post on such a hateful website, the damn neighbors must have hacked my wifi
>>
Will the military cure the existential dread and emptiness I feel daily?
>>
>>29498697
what job/ clearance are you going for?
>>
File: 1459131365809.jpg (8 KB, 220x250) Image search: [Google]
1459131365809.jpg
8 KB, 220x250
>>29498537
>mfw
>>
File: 1429849389926.jpg (32 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1429849389926.jpg
32 KB, 600x600
>Finished "C" School
>Two and a half goddamn months
>Going back to submarine next week

It was fun while it lasted, now I actually have to work again.
>>
>>29499000
I scored an 87 on the practice ASVAB at the recruiting office and they told me I could basically pick any MOS but I probably just want to be a rifleman tbqh. At least not a pog for sure. I don't have any romanticisms about the Marines, I just figure I might as well do grunt work while I'm in. I'll just GI Bill through college afterwards, I'm not too concerned with gaining a huge amount of "experience" from a specialized job.
>>
>>29500528
i'm baffled as to why you would join the marines if you have no romanticisms about them, that's the main reason for join, beside first to fight and all that, but irl, that isn't even true most of the time
>>
Anyone have any experience signing up as an officer near Boston, MA? Just tried calling the number on the Navy site, it gave me another number to call where I left a message. Just curious if anyone has an idea how long it'll take to hear back or if I need to keep calling and leaving messages before they get the hint that I'm interested.

Also does anyone know where the actual office is, just so I can plan ahead if/when they get back to me?
>>
>>29500552
I enjoy difficult things. I'm good at rolling with bullshit. I figure I can probably learn some valuable life experience and earn a little extra cash while I try to figure out this whole "life" thing, plus getting my college paid for is nice.
>>
>>29500685
just go SF or rangers inna army anon
>>
Hey, kind of off-topic, but I figured you guys might know.

I was recently scammed out of a large chunk of money via Ebay. I sold the guy concert tickets and he filed an "Unauthorized Charge" via paypal a month later after the concert. I found his facebook page and there's pictures of him at the concert.

I've already submitted a USPS Mail Fraud notification and am contemplating contacting the local police, but the thing is he's US Army. I know the Army HATES when their soldiers do something stupid, say, like scamming somebody out of a lot of money. Somebody suggested I contact his NCO, but I don't know how to get the info.

Is there a way to find out who somebody's NCO is? Like any sort of public records?
>>
hey guys it's the 5C anon. I'm about to call my recruiter. What should I say or ask? I know I'm going to confirm he said 5C.

Can't meet him in person today.
>>
>>29498863
No it will make it much worse. The dread in particular.
>>
>>29498537
What do you want to hear, that your relationship is magical and unique and will somehow survive military service?

That's how literally everyone views their own relationship and you know what? The more dependent people are on their partners the more likely their relationship is to fail when faced with long periods of separation.
>>
>>29500842
Ask him the full identifier and name of the MOS, where ait is, what other opportunities are available for schools and what branch it falls under. Ask for a general description if your duties.
>>
>>29501037
>>29500842
Yeah, you don't have to be that self conscious about it, either. You can literally just ask "say, I think I misheard when you told me the MOS since I couldn't find what I thought it was online when I went to do more research. What was it again?" or something.
>>
Anyone have any experience in FTS Navy contracts? I got an FTS IT contract and wanted to know more.
>>
File: 1455816807578.jpg (9 KB, 204x248) Image search: [Google]
1455816807578.jpg
9 KB, 204x248
>joined Marine Corps at 17
>married at 19
>three deployments
>32 now
>both becoming reserve officers together for

Get mad, fgts.
>>
>>29500664
Your best bet is to look up the Navy recruiting district for your area which is boston and go there unless it's stupid far away. My OR never answered calls until I went up to him, looked him in the eye and shook his hand. They had the same shit going on with me, call like 3 different months and ask were full inbox

Google should have the closest officer recruiter or the NRD
>>
>>29501293
How's your wife's son?
>>
>>29501402

That was such a weird dig at me that I can only imagine that it came from personal experience.

Did you have a mean step daddy, anon?
>>
>>29498505
For any gay ass depper who thinks they should marry their girlfriend before they enlist, read this.

I went to basic with a dude who got dumped twice while we were there.

>Mail held back for a month because lolsurge so temp company set up to take overflow of recruits
>Be dude in basic talking about how awesome girlfriend is and he can't wait until we get phone privileges
>Get letter, post dated for first week of red phase
>She breaks up with him
>Get phone time, calls his female "best friend"
>They are now "dating"
>Week before AIT he gets Dear John letter from her
>>
>>29501473
That's actually a really common insult.
>>
>>29500528
>I don't have any romanticisms about the Marines
Then join the army and don't fall for the meme
>>
>>29501293
Why do you think anyone cares?
>>
>>29500740
Nice try Mohammad.
>>
>>29501495

Maybe in the trailer park, first time I am hearing it though.
>>
>>29501527

You cared enough to respond.

Did Jody get your girl, brah? Want to tell me the story? As you already know, I am pretty good with relationships so maybe I can help you manage your next once with your military life so she doesn't go suck one thousand penises while you're 500 miles away raking sand.
>>
>>29501389
Ah, alright. I assumed I needed an appointment, but I can just show up and wing it from there? I'm assuming the standards for officers are a bit higher, or will a suit be overkill and make me look like a rube? Or am I overthinking this way too hard?

Says it's at 495 Summer Street, Boston, Mass. 02210. Does that sound right to anyone?
>>
>>29501602

Just show up. Call to make sure someone is going to be there so you don't come to an empty office.

You sound like a dumbfuck who is going to fail the shit out of the astb or get too mediocre of a score to get accepted anyway, so it probably won't matter.
>>
>>29501602
If the recruiters are Bostonites like yourself, make sure to be drunk and slam the screen door on the recruiting office as hard as you can when you come in.

That should get you started off on the right foot.
>>
File: 1459131863330.jpg (44 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
1459131863330.jpg
44 KB, 720x540
>>29501602
>mfw remembering that some people legitimately show up to recruiter offices and meps in suits
>>
File: Sailor-Jerry-Tattoo.jpg (108 KB, 480x369) Image search: [Google]
Sailor-Jerry-Tattoo.jpg
108 KB, 480x369
http://www.navytimes.com/story/military/2016/03/31/navy-just-approved-militarys-best-tattoo-rules/82425974/

Navy best branch confirmed, everyone else BTFO.
>>
>>29501649

People do that in flyover country?
>>
>>29501739
Literally no one cares. If you have a neck tattoo you're a fucking degenerate.
>>
>>29501739
Eh the tattoo I'm gonna get in the navy isn't going to be a neck tattoo so whatever
>>
File: image.jpg (59 KB, 600x886) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59 KB, 600x886
>>29501739
>neck and ear tattoos
>>
>>29501779
People even do it where im from in California. Not saying it's common but it happens
>>
>>29501838
It's only one and it has to be smaller than 1 square inch. Probably for girls that have some retarded heart tattoo on their neck
>>
>>29501617
>Implying I want to fly
Color blind. Also, the whole point is that no one was picking up when I called, so how would calling help me figure out if someone is in the office?
>>
>>29498537
you ignored good advice. you deserve whatever happens to you.
>>
>>29501882
>people still responding seriously to obvious b8 with Rick roll lyrics
>>
>>29501877

All naval officer prospects take the astb, dumbfuck.

Way to be a stereotype. Maybe actually read the pages that pop up when you use google.
>>
>>29501840

I'm in socal.

Where are you that you have ever seen this? I'm genuinely curious since I took RA like four times while I was in and probably spoke to nearly a thousand dudes, I never saw it.
>>
File: Hobbes.gif (59 KB, 600x191) Image search: [Google]
Hobbes.gif
59 KB, 600x191
>>29495332
>>
>>29501739
>can't have 200% size warfare device on your face
These rules still don't support submarine culture
>>
>>29502009

Isn't sub culture just about pounding your friend's asshole then slitting your wrist?
>>
>>29501913
Well, I kind of assumed the recruiter would tell me important things like that, which is why I would like to get in touch with one.
>>
>>29502029
There are people who enlisted as teenagers and eat, sleep and breathe submarines because after they broke up with their highschool sweetheart who they intended to marry because she left him for his best bud as soon as he went underway for more than two weeks they have literally nothing else in their lives. They are distinguished by the presence of a rating badge tattoo on one arm, warfare device on the other and a compass rose on their chest.

It's just everyone else who has to decide if they want to eat a .45 or go to work every day. Also homoshit is relatively uncommon, the only major instances of underway gayness I'm personally aware of are sexual assault related. Even the actual gays keep it in their pants at sea.
>>
>>29502353

I was just joking.

The existence of the Navy has no bearing on my life.
>>
File: 1455013151105.jpg (112 KB, 564x564) Image search: [Google]
1455013151105.jpg
112 KB, 564x564
How fucked am I?

I'm in the process of applying to OCS. Everything looks good, recruiter helping me along, I go to MEPS and everything is fine.

I'm talking to my old man about the whole thing afterward and I'm like 'yeah and they ask if you're ever been in trouble with the law and such...'

>Well you did

'What?'

>Yeah, rememeber your junior year in college (9 years ago) you got that disorderly conduct and open container citation because you were pissing in the parking lot

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.jpg

I completely forgot about that.

First thing I did is go to my recruiter. He immediately stopped me and was like 'Stop. Don't say anything else. We did your FBI background check and nothing came up. There is no reason to discuss this anymore, you are going to be fine, trust me.'

So that made me feel somewhat better but I'm still freaking out. There were all those warnings about how lying is such a big deal and what not.

Am I totally screwed or is my recruiter right, this is a non-issue?
>>
>>29502675

Unless there is some crazy moralfag on the selection board who somehow finds out about it and says "nope," you'll be fine.

If you're asking whether you are going to be dropped for lying, no. Your recruiter is likely going to tell you to say that you didn't recall that at the time when you filled out your paperwork if this ever comes up, which it won't. They call it misreporting or some shit.

Man, hope you never have to take a polygraph. You seem like the excitable type that won't be able to keep it together when you get hooked up.
>>
If I've been in a car accident before with me behind the wheel will I have trouble enlisting?
Also, should I tell them about the accident or no? Nobody was hurt, I just bumped someone while merging, but I'm still hesitant to come forward with it.
>>
>>29502818

Literally not even worth mentioning
>>
>>29502826
Cool that's a load off thanks
>>
>>29502818
Was the law involved?
>>
Just so everyone's aware (for regular enlistment, security clearances are a different story, in which case if this becomes a problem have fun being a grunt): unless the military has government paperwork that PROVES you did ANYTHING (weed, theft, traffic, DUI, etc) they can't prove shit. Lie lie lie lie lie. Even if they ask a friend and he says you were a stoner, you can just say he was bullshitting.
>>
>>29501969
Ayy me too.

Where at nigga?
>>
>>29503140

Santa Clarita
>>
To save from the archive, I'll ask a stupid question. What branch has the easiest boot camp/officer training school and the lowest requirements for both. Explain your answer.
>>
>>29505350
boot would be air force obv, dunno about officer stuff
>>
>>29505350
the easiest boot camp isnt exactly the lowest req
army i think has the lowest asvab requirement but honestly anything under 50 and you probably breathe through a tube
discounting the academy/rotc marine officers have it the toughest they have ocs+ the basic school
easiest officer i dont know
>>
File: Actionkamen.jpg (14 KB, 440x366) Image search: [Google]
Actionkamen.jpg
14 KB, 440x366
Long post incoming. Ill try and be as brief as I can.

-Enlist into USMC in high school
-Go to parris island, get sick in training and get sent home
-When home work for 2 years as cook
- get into trouble with the law. 2 misdemeanors (no drugs just got into a fight and stole something) Huge mistake and biggest regret of my life
- Talk to an ARMY recruiter 3 weeks ago, he explains my waivers shouldnt be a problem and I will know if I can get in after a 3-8 week wait.

From what he said I should feel confident, but im actually very stressed about not being let back in. Im trying to just train and keep my mind off of it. I havent had contact from him since our first meeting but figure he is busy
>>
>>29501553
If you browsed 4chan for more than a week it wouldn't be.
>>
>>29501553
It's commonly directed at men who are married to women with children from previous relationships or to people who spend long periods of time separated from their spouse.

Being in the military I'm amazed you havent heard it before.
>>
so does rotc pay for college?

my school offers air force and im wondering so that i can't be assblasted by out-of-state tuition
>>
>>29501553
It's just a trendy/retarded alt-right meme used by people who use the word cuck unironically.
>>
File: greenberet01.jpg (22 KB, 515x210) Image search: [Google]
greenberet01.jpg
22 KB, 515x210
So, question, what's with the fetishization of CAG and DEVGRU on here? They're very elite, but they have a very specific mission focus and aren't always employed effectively. To whit:

>Afghan war
>Army Special Forces with Air Force Special Tactics Elements coordinate a guerilla campaign with the Northern Alliance and US Air Power
>Push the Taliban out of the North and take Kabul
>In the South JSOC comes in at the same time
>Raids by Delta and Rangers are on targets of zero importance, but they sow fear and discord among the taliban
>Most of the heavy lifting in the south is done by army rotary wing pilots
>Air Force Special Tactics within JSOC does a ton of heavy lifting, 10 HALO jumps to the Rangers 1

Yet in /meg/ I notice that AFSOC is basically ignored, SF is viewed as a stepping stone toward Delta rather than meritous in and of itself, nobody wants to be a pilot, and everybody wants to operate as a Rangers or Delta.
>>
What do I need to know about coast guard Maritime Enforcement that the website won't tell me? Seriously considering enlisting ATM because college really isn't my thing.
>>
>>29507202
yes
but you need to apply to it
>>
>>29507510
There's always been tons of people on here asking about WOFT or NFO or AF pilot shit.
>>
>>29507510
because you don't hear about a lot of the shit that DEVGRU does

when we invaded Iraq we (america) discovered chem weapons, which we dismantled and removed using DEVGRU and their EOD attaches
when we raided bin ladens compound and face fucked him with a 7.62 NATO round it was ST6 that did the deed with the help of CIA intelligence.

there are various other instances of ST6 involvement in huge situations that never get any airtime because it would show just how much America fucks with other countries, even allies.

also
>chairforce

>>29507522
to go navy like a man instead
>>
>>29508219
>we never hear about devgru
>they aren't known as primadonnas tooting their own horns
>violating Opsec
>writing books
>making a million movies
They are Hollywood faggots. I get you're in the navy but quit sucking their dicks.
>>
>>29508219

>implying that the Bush administration wouldn't have wagged chem weapons in the faces of EVERYONE had chem WMDs been encountered

I will give it to ST6 that they have great EOD assets though.
>>
File: image.jpg (69 KB, 640x621) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69 KB, 640x621
>>29508406
>he thinks Iraq never had chemical weapons
>>
>>29508378
>devgru writing books
thats your average SEAL who gets asked to retire because they did some stupid shit

>>29508406
we made a deal with Iraq, naturally they backstabbed us immediately but we couldn't go around and say "oops we lied there were biochem weps here our bad americans"
>>
>>29508566
correction: the guy who wrote no easy day is about to get dicked by the law
>>
>>29508421

They had mustard gas. Not WMDs by any rational sense. It didn't even work when we hit it.

>>29508566

>deal with Iraq

Yeah, pre-desert storm. You're dredging up history.
>>
>>29508683
similar but different deal
>>29508683
>mustard gas
Sarin gas* and it was the same make & delivery type as the ones Assad used.
WEIRD.
>>
>>29508733

If there is truth to what you are I intimating, I'd be careful about talking about that. I can see it as audible, but you aren't really refuting what I'm saying about CAD and DEVGRU being specialized.
>>
>>29508219
But Navy is completely different. I'm interested in transitioning into LE once I'm done, hence the interest in the Maritime Enforcement specialization. Also from what I hear the coast guard is somewhat more relaxed.
>>
>>29508785
SEALs in particular are hardly specialized, they're actually being used in a variety of ways due to how ridiculously adaptable they are

all the way from bomb defusing to SA-1, nsw is by far the most adaptable fighting force on the planet
>>
Is Navy life aboard a ship as bad as it sounds?
>>
>>29508833
you dont get sick if thats what you're asking
only kids who thought about getting sick got sick, you dont feel the fucking carrier move its a floating island

its cramped crowded and gross for 3-10 months, its awful but you have all this money afterwards that you didn't spend
>>
>>29507510
ok bitches, here is the real dope

you want to be delta, first you have to join up with an ivy league phd and minimum 10 gpa

then you have to pass the physical. if you're not 6'5 and at least 300lbs with a

professional nfl career behind you, forget it manlet, you're not getting in.

then THEY approach YOU. you got to their top secret facility in DC where you undergo the

what they call HELL WEEK. during HELL WEEK they test you in the most simple and most brutal

method ever. for 24 hours a day, every day, for a week, they punch you in the nuts. that's

right faggots, they punch you RIGHT IN THE FUCKING NUTS, all day, every day, all week.

that's why they call it HELL WEEK.

you think that's the end? think again motherfuckers. after that, you have to kill your mom.

and your dog. don't have a mom or a dog? you're not getting in, you fucking commie.

then it's a ten year MINIMUM probationary period, during which you're in federal prison.

can't handle that? you don't have what it takes to be in delta you pussy.

if you survive federal prison and get a presidential pardon, then and ONLY THEN, you can

put in a packet. but if you're over 40 and under 80 then go to hell you bitch, you don't

have the experience to be CAG.

you think you got what it takes? forget it, you're not going to make it.
>>
>>29508873
That was as far from funny as a napalm shower.
>>
>>29507510
You're that fucking airforce security guy who thinks he's more operator than operators aren't you? 19xfag or whatever?
>>
>>29500385
i'd just kill myself

>>29502675
you're a dumb faggot. just shut up. like we tell everyone else in every single thread. shut. the fuck. up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-yHQn4ECio
>>
>>29508833
What kind of ship?

Carrier is undoubtedly the worst. But hey, you didn't sign up for the Navy to live in some desert shithole, did you?
you should watch the PBS documentary series on Carrier life
>>
File: 1459351988292.jpg (8 KB, 261x132) Image search: [Google]
1459351988292.jpg
8 KB, 261x132
Alright guys I'm in a pickle, I'm going to have a baby girl and I was supposed to enlist today but due to paperwork I have to wait til the 13th, so I want to go to bootcamp within this month is that even possible? I want to be back before my baby is born. Do you guys know when people usually leave for bootcamp?
>>
>>29509573
I highly, highly doubt you will leave within the month
>>
>>29509573
Not happening. Also seems pretty unlikely you'd be able to make it to your child's birth even if you did
>>
>>29509783
>>29509871
Fuck...
>>
>>29509895
What branch by the way? Also are you joining out of necessity or because you want to? Because if I were in your situation I'd put off enlisting until after my child was born and then decide if enlisting is actually something Id want to go through with.
>>
>>29509573
If your girlfriend gets pregnant a month after you leave for boot, you'll be done in plenty of time to see the baby born.
>>
>>29509950
Army, and It's been something I want to do, but is it even possible to put it off? I feel like I'm already too far.
>>29510047
She's pregnant already though, but I get what ypu mean
>>
File: 1433262611240.jpg (44 KB, 292x303) Image search: [Google]
1433262611240.jpg
44 KB, 292x303
Anyone elser ever farted over coms?
>>
>>29508833
nah, its a little cramped but pick a nice job with an air conditioned work space, your work space is your real home on the ship not your sleeping area, any decent rates workspace will have a mini fridge, a TV probably a hamock, some cushy chairs ect. and the work environment underway is really chill for the most part.
>>
>>29510095
Interesting. Any insight into the work environment inside a submarine?
>>
So might go Navy and they're really pushing for me to do Nuke, haven't taken the asvab yet but most papers have been filled out. Thing is, if I lied about drug use, what's going to happen? They'll find out by investigating the shit out of me but no actual proof of me having done any drugs?
>>
>>29510428
if you wanna go nuke shit, don't fucking lie.
they investigate the unholy fuck out of you, and if they don't find concrete proof they might deny you on suspicion.
>>
File: 14599362853092142674300.jpg (1 MB, 1944x2592) Image search: [Google]
14599362853092142674300.jpg
1 MB, 1944x2592
Don't join if you hate early mornings.
>>
>>29502029
(These steps may be performed concurrently.)
>>
>>29510244
It's the fucking opposite of that. Fuck your hammocks. Everywhere is either too hot or too cold. Fucking 95°F in the engineroom, fucking icebox up forward. Everything smells like amine and feet. You'd be more comfortable living life with a cactus up your ass.
>>
>phone number for my local recruiter listed on Goarmy.com is wrong and goes to some candy store

How to fuck do I get in touch with a recruiter?
Will they think Im autistic if I send an email asking to make an appointment?
>>
>>29510888
Google maps should have the number.
>>
>>29510428
If there is no documented proof of you having done drugs, police record or rehab or whatnot, then you haven't done drugs
>>
>>29509274
>Carrier is undoubtedly the worst.
Really? That's surprising. I would have thought that with its size, it would be the cushiest of all the ships to be on. Know the name of that documentary, because (different anon, but) I was thinking of going Navy specifically to work on a carrier since I think they're so cool.
>>
>>29511599
I'm a different anon, I do live on a carrier though.

Subs are the worst, on a carrier, you at least get your own rack, and the ship generally doesn't move around as much, even during heavy seas.

Most subs require a lot of hot-bunking. (Someone sleeps in the same rack as you, on a different shift.)

Basically, what I am trying to get at, is Subs are definitely the worst. Definitely.

Source : Anon on the RR.
>>
>>29510666
>>29511647
Oh lawdy.
Is there an upside of going into the Silent Service? Haven't heard one.
>>
Graduating from college next year, possibly want to join the military. I want to be an officer, but I'm unsure how OCS works in general, much less how it would work for the marines. Any insight?
>>
>>29512043
You submit a packet with a recruiter
Marines I think have the same recruiter as enlisted. Other branches have a separate OR
OCS is 12 weeks then you go to the basic school. There's a marine in TBS right now that pops in time to time
>>
>>29511717
Only benefits I can think of are the extra pay and, depending on your attitude, the close friendships you make with having a small crew.
>>
>>29512430
Is OCS (or the equivalent ) open to all degrees, or to only certain subject areas?
>>
Is there any particular reason I have to waste basically a day and a half for MEPS? I thought I had already taken the ASVAB beforehand to avoid this shit. Also, does the physical last for a set period once I've passed and in the system, or would I have to do it again in case my guidance counselor tries to hose me on a contract and I walk out?
>>
>>29513104
You can show up that morning but I found it nice to stay for free at the hotel because I love two hours from meps. Ask your recruiter if you can just drive yourself. Also if you don't sign the day of the physical you have to go through the whole process again because something could have changed since the last time you came into meps, tattoo, surgery, etc
>>
>>29513104
just make some new friends and chill out dude, enjoy the atmosphere of everyone suffering the same thing and bonding yet never seeing each other again
>>
>>29513178
*live two hours

Also I should clarify I took the asvab ahead of time too and showed up at 4 pm to the hotel the day before the physical
>>
>>29513178
Alright, thanks for the info. I figured I'd have to do it again, but it couldn't hurt to ask.
>>
>>29513240
It fucking sucks I know. This guy I was processing with waited both days but they found he had astigmatism or some shit with his eyes and he had to get it cleared then come back and do it all over again another day.
>>
Be prepared to bend over and spread dem cheeks at meps
>>
File: 14599663105777757649.jpg (456 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
14599663105777757649.jpg
456 KB, 720x1280
>>29513352
It's worth the uniform m8
>>
>>29512994
It's like basic training but for officers. All OCs go through OCS if they're not ROTC or academy. Unless they get a direct commission but that's just professionals
>>
>>29513352
people act like they've never been to an MD before, they always check everything out the first time
>>
>>29513438
I'd never had to spread em before meps. I mean I've had sports physicals checking for hernias but not the butt thing.
>>
>>29513511
Wait til you get to SERE
>>
>>29513511
well maybe not spread em but the grab balls and cough thing
>>
>>29513524
>SERE
wut's that
>>
>>29513438

>they always check everything out the first time

This...

But I did meet many people from flyover country who had never been to a doctor or dentist before in the Marine Corps.
>>
>>29513366

Man, you so badly want someone to ask you about your life...
>>
http://www.afpc.af.mil/shared/media/document/AFD-150925-014.pdf

I doubt it, but could someone explain what I am reading to me?

My recruiter is submitting my package soon and I'm googling around looking for when boards meet and this is all I have found so far.
>>
>>29513606
I think he's just saying getting your pooper peeked at isn't that big a deal
>>
Family day at fort Jackson. Thanks for getting me to sign weirdos. I'm off to ait tomorrow so 27ds keep an eye out for me we share a 2 cultures now
>>
>>29513745

He posts pictures of his chest and abu trousers sitting on his dorm chair at least twice in every thread.

Tryhard as fuck. It is funny.
>>
Got a medical separation from the army a few years ago and I want to re enlist. I have perforated eardrums from having tubes in my ears when I was a child and they didn't catch it in MEPS. They found out a few weeks before I would have graduated OSUT and I got the boot. They said I'd have to fix my ears and I can re enlist but there's no guarantee they'd let me back in.

What are my real chances of getting back in? Anyone know anybody that had a similar situation?
My ears aren't even bad and I can pass the hearing test just fine, I don't want to waste thousands of $ just to get rejected.
>>
>>29513535
>google
wuts that?
>>
>>29513865
fug u
>>
>>29513779
Enjoy your burger King fuckknuckles.
>>
>ex-commieblock
>joke of a national military
>no-one else will have me

Fuck.
>>
>>29514033
Thanks. I am
>>
My brother wants to join marines but his percentile score is 29.

Is there any hope for him? He wants to be an electrician or metal worker.

I know if he gets the minimum he will only be infantry.
>>
File: 1439399782772.jpg (179 KB, 1600x1096) Image search: [Google]
1439399782772.jpg
179 KB, 1600x1096
>>29514279
he needs to buckle down and get studying
there are asvab books he can buy and study
its a standardized test, just practice taking the test and timing yourself
jesus fucking christ
>>
>>29514279
Your brother is an idiot. Please dissuade him from joining. There's enough retards already serving.
>>
File: 1459856809950.png (539 KB, 597x648) Image search: [Google]
1459856809950.png
539 KB, 597x648
>tfw going on deployment to Kuwait tomorrow

What should I expect? Anyone been over there recently?

USAR babby's first deployment btw
>>
>>29514519
I've heard that its a vacation.
>>
>>29514279
Does he require someone to wipe his ass?
>>
>>29514559
That's what I keep hearing too, but I'm still a little nervous.

Everyone that's been on one before keeps saying the stars have aligned for how good this deployment is because it's in Kuwait and it's only 9 months
>>
>>29514587

When I was in the hub was still Manas. If Kuwait is anything like that then you'll be sitting around getting fat and playing video games for nine months.

Stop being a little bitch. It is fucking embarrassing.
>>
>>29514678
>Guy going on his first deployment
>hurr don't be a bitch
Not even him but cut him some slack. Some people have never even left the country before in their lives so it's new shit to them.

>>29514587

You'll be fine m8, Kuwait City looks like a city in Arizona and they've done a good job keeping Iraq's problems on the other side of the border. Kuwait is one of the few middle eastern countries that are almost unanimously sympathetic to US forces thanks to the Iraq War
>>
File: costanza.jpg (217 KB, 1280x670) Image search: [Google]
costanza.jpg
217 KB, 1280x670
>>29513352
>big breakfast before meps
>coffee
>eggs
>bacon
>hour later
>at meps
>wouldn't let me take a dump after the piss test
>fuck sir I really need to use it
>no
>eye test
>hearing test
>blood
>physical
>at this point I'm about to burst
>asking me questions
>tells me to take my clothes off
>fuckkkkkk
>checking me out
>okay bend over and spread
>bend over
>let out the biggest loudest fart in the face of a Vietnam vet doctor
>reeks of hard boiled eggs all over his face
>oh god I hear him say
>trying to contain my laughter while holding in the brown snake about to leave my anus
>laughing is making it worse while he backs away and coughs
>Sir I really need to use the bath-
>he manages to yell at me to go while he starts wheezing

That was my first trip to meps.
>>
>>29514978
kek
>>
File: ms2.jpg (8 KB, 190x266) Image search: [Google]
ms2.jpg
8 KB, 190x266
>>29514978
>>
>>29514978
This is literally why I barely ate anything for breakfast that day
>>
>>29508891

Never heard of him.
>>
>>29514746

Funny how air force people call leaving the base for anything a deployment.

Please kill self, the both of you.
>>
>>29515183

You even shitpost like an E1-5
>>
>>29515183
Not those guys but what else are you supposed to call it?
>>
>>29515228

Makes sense considering I got out as an e5.

What is your point, boyo?
>>
>>29515405
Gotta love when people are literally too stupid to realize when they're being insulted.
>>
>>29511717
You don't have to shave or wear boots underway.
The crew is smaller and more close-knit. You can get away with more than you ever could on a surface ship in the sense that military bearing is a lot more lax.
You'll feel more elite, how true this is debatable, but you'll always be able to fall back on your fish as something to be proud of yourself over.
If you're a nuke, subs are better in other ways (Smaller plant, engine room is ~90F as opposed to ~120F)

I personally don't mind subs, but I would fucking kill myself on a carrier.
>>
>>29515549

It is probably about as entertaining as watching someone try to insult something you consider a point of pride, realizing that they don't understand the fundamentals of the world in which they live.
>>
>>29515549

>one of those people who throws the word "literally" around in an unneeded fashion
>calls someone else stupid

So, are you like one of those 20 year old facebook addicts or did you learn to read from comic books or something?
>>
>>29515589
literally (you) to be quite honest, senpai.
>>
If I'm 6' 4" is a sub out of the question?
>>
>>29515669
Not if you think being on disability until you die the minute your enlistment is up is fun. Anything over 5' 8" is probably a bad idea.
>>
File: 1459622668110.jpg (293 KB, 933x876) Image search: [Google]
1459622668110.jpg
293 KB, 933x876
>>29515682
>tfw volunteered for sub at meps
Just end it now senpai
>>
>>29515778
There's a sub dude here who's 6'5", you'll be fine.
>>
Just got rejected. Hold me bros.
>>
>>29515982
why?
>>
>>29515982
Why, what happened? Did you fail to shut the fuck up anon? Did you contract some exotic illness as a child and forgot bout it and had it show up in your medical records?
>>
>>29516031
>>29516044
Complained about the long recruitment process on reddit. They found the post and who posted it and dropped me.
>>
>>29516089
You deserved it. Nobody likes someone who complains, especially when you haven't even done anything hard yet. Also fuck off to reddit.
>>
>>29516089

As hilarious as that would be, it is completely bullshit.
>>
File: 1440761733837.jpg (76 KB, 400x413) Image search: [Google]
1440761733837.jpg
76 KB, 400x413
>>29516089
kill yourself my man
>>
>>29516089
Bullshit
>>
>>29516155
>>29516221
? Then why would they tell me they are suddenly not recruiting when the navy website says otherwise? They definitely found my post. Happened within the week.
>>
>>29516261
The lack of detail and explanation really makes your story more believable senpai
>>
>>29516261
Kek. There are about ten billion less-paranoid reasons for them to send you packing than "they found muh ruddit".
>>
>>29516261
I know this is just trolling, but I'm bored while waiting for Homeworld to download. Link to the post (inb4 "I deleted it") Maybe it was something super extreme. I dunno.
>>
>>29516343
Proof? Wouldn't they tell you if their was an actual reason?
>>
>>29516261
then say ok well thank you for hte help i will go see another branch and see what they available
>>29516366
the remastered one? is it good? i like rts games and i like space
i think i actually bought it ages ago
>>
File: 1453554525975.gif (2 MB, 400x326) Image search: [Google]
1453554525975.gif
2 MB, 400x326
I'm a DEP poolee with questions for the marines on this board.
1. Are the IST standards minimum 2 pull-ups, 40+ crunches, and a mile and a half in 13:30 like all the videos and websites say, or is it really minimum 10 pull-ups, 60 crunches, and 1.5 miles in below 11 minutes like the recruiters make us do?
2. Hows the food in Parris Island
>>
>>29516089
>>29515982
https://www.reddit.com/r/newtothenavy/comments/4c0awd/navy_recruiting_process_taking_ages/
is this you?
>>
>>29516405
kek
>>
>>29516387

Three pull ups.

The recruiters are trying to help you get stronger so you don't get fucked up. People under ten pull ups usually get IT'ed. They also want to try and start your enlistment off well since your pft is basically one-third of your promotion score; if you're in a non-retard mos and you're in school for a long time you will be stuck with whatever pft score you get at the end of boot.

The food is mediocre. You'll get used to it after a week or so.
>>
>>29516385
>the remastered one? is it good? i like rts games and i like space
>i think i actually bought it ages ago

>Waiting for it to download.
Dunno, just bought the new Humble Bundle.
>>
>>29516513
yeah that one i just saw it
thats the one i have
you ever play the old one?
>>
>>29514092
Tomorrow go off post to little pigs BBQ for lunch.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 35

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.