[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Operator as fuck
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7
File: The-Punisher.jpg (76 KB, 640x370) Image search: [Google]
The-Punisher.jpg
76 KB, 640x370
Take a moment to praise our lord and savior.
>>
>>29319430
Fav film/TV depiction Punisher '04, Warzone, or Daredevil Season 2?
I haven't seen daredevil yet but I love Ray Stevenson's portrayal
>>
>>29319478
Punisher '04 was the best film of the bunch, just due to how entertaining it was-- plenty of respect for Thomas Jane, but it just didn't FEEL like the Punisher to me. It was more like a weird cross between Death Wish and Evil Dead 2.

Ray Stevenson's take on Frank was spot on. He fucking nailed it, but unfortunately the script, the direction, the rest of the acting, just about everything else with the movie was terrible. Making it properly R-rated was the right choice, and it had a few great moments ("GOD DAMMIT CASTLE!"), but the movie was a real letdown over all. It's unfortunate that Ray doesn't get the respect he deserves for that role, because he really was the right actor for the job all along.

I'm only halfway through season 2 of DD, and I've gotta say Jon Bernthal's doing a bang up job. He's definitely showing a different take on the character, he doesn't act or sound quite like I'd expect Frank Castle would--he's just starting out, he's more vulnerable, more emotional, not entirely as far gone as we usually see him. I'm hoping the second half of the season lets him really tear loose, since DD's been pretty much cock blocking him the whole time, and relatively few people have gotten blown away on screen so far. It's different, but it's still good. If Jon got to play him in a spinoff or a new Punisher flick that keeps up DD's standards of writing but with the violence level of Warzone, it would be outfuckingstanding.
>>
File: FRANK right.png (726 KB, 720x670) Image search: [Google]
FRANK right.png
726 KB, 720x670
Frank in Daredevil ia fucking based juat watxh it you wont regret it.
>>
>>29319580
>Punisher '04 was the best film of the bunch, just due to how entertaining it was-- plenty of respect for Thomas Jane, but it just didn't FEEL like the Punisher to me. It was more like a weird cross between Death Wish and Evil Dead 2.
Dis. I can maybe see a war other than Vietnam, but Punisher as an ex-Fed? NO.

Also agree with your Daredevil assessment.
>>
Also, if you guys haven't seen it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWpK0wsnitc
>>
>>29319478
>Fav
Are you a fucking chick?
>>
>>29319430

Nigga, please.
>>
I actually really liked Thomas Jane as Frank Castle.

If they would have fixed his origin story a little and actually gave a shit about the movie, it would have been great.

In case you haven't seen it, here's a Punisher short film starring Jane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWpK0wsnitc
>>
>>29322666
Looks like daredevil endorses deadpool
>>
>>29322666
Deadpool is a walking meme. Please stop
>>
>>29322667
Amazing.
>>
>>29324302
Kill yourself /tv/
>>
>>29319430
Joss Whedon want's to kill off the Punisher...because he kills people...
>>
File: 3818547999_ba986208d1_b.jpg (352 KB, 658x1024) Image search: [Google]
3818547999_ba986208d1_b.jpg
352 KB, 658x1024
muh patriotism
>>
>>29325295
I wanna hear more about this, always hated Sensitive Joss Whedon.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 1789x2750) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 1789x2750
>>29325355
>>
>>29319580
Last episode has him actually become the punisher.

I dig it, but he doesn't seem like "The Punisher" to me. There's no calculation, just violence.
>>
>>29325394
>There's no calculation, just violence.

Sounds jewish.

Oh, the actor is a jew. Nevermind.
>>
>>29325377
That is so fucking stupid. It doesn't work on regret it works on sin.
>>
>>29319580
I wish DD got a few more episodes. The finale ended rather abruptly and the whole "blacksmith" thing felt contrived.

Overall a consistently good season, though.
>>
>>29325498
>killing baddies
>sinning
>>
>>29325360
>>>/co/80900177

That's the Original thread I read, though all of /co/ is talking about it now.
>>
>>29325477
>>>/pol/

>>29325498
Yeah, the Punisher really needs a carefully chosen writer.
>>
>>29325394

Seems like the writer doesnt understand how military plans or that the punisher have military patience. And that planning is half the battle

>and the other half is violence
>>
if the cube is /k/s god. The punisher is one of its prophets.
>>
>>29319478
'04/dirty laundry is best, but more because of dirty laundry. '04 had some weird shit that bugged me. the family reunion. The tenants, i dunno.

i'm only 4 episodes into daredevil season 2, but he might overtake it.
>>2931958
even in episode 4, he's done clever stuff. Nuking the bikes to make his getaway.
avoiding the trap
stallling the where's the money,
taking the money to attract the big fish
setting up the money trap for the little fish
>>
>>29325377

I think 'My soul is already dead.' would have been a better retort.
>>
>>29322667
The Vidya he voiced punisher in was also based as hell
>>
>>29325272
Fuck off /co/mblr.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.