[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Seeking adjustable gas block
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: tumblr_m0avmqgb0T1qaajwq.jpg (7 KB, 296x320) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m0avmqgb0T1qaajwq.jpg
7 KB, 296x320
I have an AR with a carbine length gas system. My understanding is that in general, carbines are over gassed. Does anyone have any experience with the Seekins precision adj. gas block? I like what I've read about the JP blocks, but they're twice the price. If it's worth it, then I'll go that route, but waste not, want not. 4choad won't let me use the pic I have of the gas block, so pic not related
>>
just buy a stiffer recoil buffer spring anon, it's way cheaper.
>>
File: Ejection-Pattern.png (8 KB, 447x410) Image search: [Google]
Ejection-Pattern.png
8 KB, 447x410
>>30277825

>>30249566
Try the QTDDTOT
Or an AR general.

Also like the other guy said, study your buffer weights and spring weights, come up with a combination that works for your AR.

Also, check a AR ejection diagram that will show you based off of the degree of your case ejection if your gun is over or under-gassed
>>
>>30277907
I thought about it, but it seems like a half measure. Also, in case of fouling it'd be nice to be able to turn the gas up. And for speed shooting it seems like it would reduce time to get back on target.
>>
>>30277961
QTDDTOT have yet to give me a satisfying answer. And I can't stand 90% of the name/trip fags. I regret almost every visit to arg
>>
>>30277961
^pretty much this^
ARG is the place to be
>>
>>30278003
Alright, I'll give it to you, ARG threads are containment.
QTDDTOT kinda blow too...

>>30278011
Pls no
>>
>>30278028
I knew I couldn't be alone on that. Anyone willing to circlejerk over one particular weapon system to that degree, for that ongoing length of time, must be mentally ill.
>>
>>30278145

>Anyone willing to circlejerk over one particular weapon system to that degree, for that ongoing length of time, must be mentally ill.

Honestly any "muh favrit wepun iz" thread is retarded, but you might as well take a look at the jizz and it's consistency before creating another thread that's already covered in the catalog.
>>
>>30277825
They're nice if you use a suppressor. If not you're not really gaining too much.
>>
>>30278211
I wanted to know about a specific part from a specific company. I wanted to hear from someone who had experience, but not from one of the sociopaths that make up arg
>>
>>30278212
Eventually I'll get a suppressor. But I was also hoping to reduce recoil. Yes I know it's miniscule in 5.56, but less is better for reacquiring a target as fast as possible
>>
Joeboboutfitters has a similar design for $30... I ended up drilling a hole and tapping it for a set screw on a cheap old gas block I had in a similar matter and it worked fine.
>>
>>30278428
So you made your own adjustable gas block from a standard one? That's badass
>>
File: IMAG0809.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1824) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0809.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1824
>>30278493
well.. it was badass on my carbine length gas system since it was so over gassed... once I got my rifle gas 18" barrel it leaked too much even fully open and would short stroke so I just went back to a fixed low pro block... ingenuity and being a cheap fuck kind of go hand in hand...
>>
Go JP.
>>
>>30278841

To clarify, I bought a cheap one from a company I don't remember.

Then I bought a JP anyway to fix my mistake.
>>
>>30278853
Good to know. I'd heard jp was good, I just thought I'd heard seekins was too.
>>
I am looking at adjustable gas blocks, and it seems that even with low profile ones, I would need rails with huge inside diameters to clear them, and then I also would have to take into account on how I can adust them with set tools without taking off the free float.
>>
>>30279260

It wasn't a seekins, o remember that much.

I think you'll be ok with any major name brand product.

Be sure any adjustment and lock screws will clear your barrel shoulder if you have a bull or heavy profile, and also that your handguard or rail won't block what you need to get to.
>>
File: Main_View_large.jpg (19 KB, 480x320) Image search: [Google]
Main_View_large.jpg
19 KB, 480x320
I have two rifles with adjustables, one with a syrac and the other with an SLR sentry 7. Of the two I prefer the syrac.

JP one looks fine but they all look clamp on and I don't trust those over the set screws into dimple types.
>>
>>30279406

> Set screws

That's a legit thing to consider. I'm still not entirely sure my JP is lined up perfectly.
>>
>>30279428
Lining up is part of it, the other part is that a clamp on type is just held in friction and I dunno that i trust the clamping force. With the set screw into a dimple, and a staked or rocksett set screw that fucker isn't going anywhere.
>>
>>30279406
A valid point. My existing gas block is set screw into dimples, but I feel the possibility of an aftermarket companies lining up with the dimples is super slim
>>
>>30279487
I could be wrong, but I believe most of the force exerted on a gas block is perpendicular to the barrel and then pushing away from the receiver, but off center causing the block to bind on the barrel. Just a thought, but based on my set screw and dimple type shaking itself loose, that's what I'm thing
>>
>>30277825
OP, the only adjustable gas block really worth it is the SLR sentry series. I have them on 2 AR10s (308 and 6.5 creedmoor) and all my AR15s (6.8 SPC to 458 socom). I also run them all suppressed. This block allows you easy access to adjust for different loads and increased back pressure when you do eventually get you can. Yes the price is high, but I have not found a better or easier system to use.

http://slrrifleworks.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=57_103_104&product_id=124
>>
>>30277961
>Try the QTDDTOT
>Or an AR general.

Go fuck yourself
>>
>>30277825

Easiest method is to throw your current barrel in the trash and buy a midlength
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.