[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/meg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 27
File: 1460138310167.png (210 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1460138310167.png
210 KB, 1000x1000
/meg/- Military Enlistment General

Be the You that Believes in Yourself (in the polygraph at MEPS) edition

>IRC Channel
>implying anyone uses IRC
#MEG on Freenode
If you're on mobile look up AndroIRC for the app. Any questions, ask in the thread to get you set up.

Resources:

>Armyranger.com
For Ranger info, obviously.

>Shadowspear.com
All around SOF website. Great info and run by former/active members of every SOF unit. Mentor program. Also has forums for international SOF.

>Professionalsoldiers.com
For all Army SF info.

>http://www.corpsman.com
For Navy Corpsman info.

>http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?115180-MARSOC-Force-Recon
This is an all-inclusive thread for MARSOC/Force Recon stuff. Good site for Marines info too.

>http://www.uscg.org
For Coast Guard info. Good site, lots of vets able to answer questions.

>www.defencejobs.gov.au/
For info on the Australian Defense Force, and how you can shitpost on the world stage.

>https://www.airwarriors.com/community/
Naval Aviator forum with info on Navy OCS as well

OP template
http://pastebin.com/sb5Gv1dW

Before you ask a question, check the FAQ
http://pastebin.com/Rx0nDuga

Which branch are you enlisting/enlisted/considering?
http://strawpoll.me/6764857

Ask questions, get advice from retards on how to lie on the poly, bitch about recruiters, accuse each other of stolen valor, just keep it in this general.
Use the IRC pussies
>>
Fuckers, get on the IRC channel.
>>
>>29762820

How do I get a 35m contract? It's what I want to do and what my heart is set on. What is the best way to make it happen?
>>
File: 1461637947400.jpg (424 KB, 1360x765) Image search: [Google]
1461637947400.jpg
424 KB, 1360x765
>>29762820
Lads general question, what is being green beret actually like? I mean day to day. If we can pretend for a minute someone makes it through 18x what kind of a life is he looking at?
>>
>>29762877
try in October
>>
File: squared32.png (114 KB, 375x401) Image search: [Google]
squared32.png
114 KB, 375x401
>mfw nupoc review asks me this
3. Use calculus to find the volume of a plastic solo cup.

fucking /int/
>>
https://discord.gg/0y3eBT2ji4rw32Dh
theres a discord server around too
>>
>>29762932

Thanks. Is there more to it than that?
>>
What the fuck are these threads? I've seen them on /k/ for some time now, but I never popped in. Are most of you waiting/considering enlistment or what?

I could answer some Marine infantry questions for anyone considering that (which you shouldn't be right now).
>>
>>29762990
jobs reset in October, and mikes are overstaffed. and they only ship once a year. go take ASVAB and DLAB and wait for it to show up. your recruiter will hate you, but fuck them
>>
https://youtu.be/aM3ElTvF52I

If you join the Army, try not to be like Abu Jahaar
>>
>>29762943
the answer is always 16oz's nigger.
>>
>>29763089

That's fine, fuck them and their dumb quotas
>>
>>29763089

Also, is it October 1st of every year? If so, should I try to do it the first day?
>>
>>29763119
yeah they will push 35N or 35P, hard. they will lie and tell you they can't or they won't. stick to your guns and say you want to take ASVAB and DLAB, or you'll go to air force
>>
>>29763118
prove it with calculus pussy
>>
>>29763021
These threads are mainly people on the edge about enlisting or are in dep. Navyfag here wish I knew what the fleet is like. ;_; im not even a reservists and im comming up on my year mark next month.
>>
>>29762820
what weapons can you use to participate in the presidents hundred?
>>
>>29763129
have ASVAB and DLAB finished before that. like way before that. start the process now, see what happens. get all the way through MEPS and tell them the job you want isn't available, thanks for your time. then you'll have the testing and physical done, and you can just keep harassing your recruiter. if they get shady, go to another recruiter. you'll be ahead of the game with all testing and physicals done, just have to secure the job and swear in
>>
>>29763168
Are you stuck in school or something? Navy vet here.
>>
File: 1461811463192.jpg (75 KB, 600x430) Image search: [Google]
1461811463192.jpg
75 KB, 600x430
>>29762820
>>
>>29763089
Do you know if it's October 1st?
>>
Any way to be an operator as a never served 29 year old?
I don't really need sleep or warmth, in excellent shape, smarter than most people, great shot.
Want to fight for the god emperor
>>
File: 1456104793926.jpg (16 KB, 600x549) Image search: [Google]
1456104793926.jpg
16 KB, 600x549
>>29763193
Fire controlman life. My c school starts in october im sitting here masturbating and watching anime in great lakes until then. Going to japan after I learn the mk160 nec.
>>
>>29763146

>yeah man monitoring radio transmissions is basically the same thing

I think the hardest part will be keeping a straight face, but I think I'll manage. Thanks for the info man, I really appreciate it.
>>
>>29763220
Fcs are ok, where you getting stationed at, Yokosuka or Sasebo? Ship?
>>
File: CHAOS2.jpg (320 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
CHAOS2.jpg
320 KB, 1680x1050
>>29763205
Join chaos friend
>>
>>29763239
Mccamble out of yokosuka.
My dad is a navy vet and he said ill have it like cake compared to him as an en.
>>
>>29763201
both my recruiter and an anon who used to be a recruiter confirmed that quotas and job listings reset in October, so yeah i'm pretty sure. like i said i'd have everything done at least a week or two before, in case the school ships in October. you can't ship less than 7 days after ASVAB and MEPS, and they only offer DLAB certain times a month
>>
>>29763205
You're too old for almost everything.
The things you're not too old for won't allow you in because you'll be too old by the time you get to critical parts of the process.
>Smarter than most people
Rev up that ASVAB.
>>
File: 1449075073030.gif (135 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
1449075073030.gif
135 KB, 350x350
>>29763246
>>
>>29763260
>en
Engineers are all literally retarded lazy faggots. They act liek the work hard but they skate and bull shit probably more than any other rate. Tell your dad i said that. Anyway Yokosuka is awesome and a destroyer is a great first ship. Youre gonna have a great time assuming you arent some weird huge faggot.
>>
>>29763205
>I don't really need sleep or warmth, in excellent shape, smarter than most people, great shot.

Everyone I've known that I consider "operator" was very humble about themselves. You're jumping to a lot of conclusions. Never assume that you're "smarter than most people", or it will come back to bite you in the ass.

That being said, one of the greatest Marines I ever served with enlisted at the ripe old age of 28, and he did just fine. Made Sergeant in 3 1/2 years. Was looking to submit an officer package too. Even had a Colonel's recommendation. Unfortunately he decided to EAS at the last minute. The point is, it's never too late.
>>
>>29763227
yeah i took signint because i don't want to wait. worst case scenario I'll reclass in a few years if i still want to do it.
>>
So army-fags

Is it true the military is basically run by SJW's at this point?
It seems like there's a lot of hambeast officers being promoted nowadays
>>
>>29763289
>never too late
For anything that would be considered "operator", too late comes pretty damn quick.
>>
>>29762828
pls answer
>>
>>29763304
Only if whatever organization you're attempting to join actually has age limitations, which I know some do. Other than that, it's all on you, really.
>>
>>29763286
>assuming you're not a weird huge faggot
About that... Im here aren't I.
Thanks for the encouragement. All my instructors say that a ddg is a good place for you to settle in to. Since im an fc its going to be hard for me to go anywhere else because they want us to know just that one nec.
>>
>>29763326
>About that... Im here aren't I
So am I and im nothing compared to what im talking about. You will meet some seriously weird and unstable people in the military dude. Most STGs are amazingly weird and autistic. And ya DDG and CG are the best ships in the navy. Bigger ships suck ass for a lot of reasons.
>>
>>29763325
A lot of age limits now for certain schools that are required for any tier of ah-po-ray-tour. I guess you can get a waiver for some of them though.
>>
>>29763205
cutoff for special forces is 30, hurry up
>>
How does MEPS work? From what I have read it seems that you go there, get checked that you are suitable, do your test battery and pick your position and literally step right out the door to a plane.
>>
>>29763352
Yeah I noticed that about stgs. I depped out of the same station as this guy in the aecf program like me but he got et instead of fc. He was always off in his actions. He couldn't make it past week 3 of basic electronics training and got rerated to stg.
>>
Hey lads

Quick question. I went in for my physical today and they told me my ears needed a washout. I got past the other parts of the physical, but they told me I need to come back tmrw to get my earwax cleaned. Everything else was fine except for that.

I can p much expect to come in and get a whole other physical right? Or will I just get my ears washed, hearing retested, and get to sign me contract?
>>
>>29763385
Ya a lot of ets are weird but Stgs take the cake easily. Anyway youre looking good overall man, good job ship and location. As long as you dont fuck up youll have a good time.
>>
>>29763383
ASVAB day one, hotel, MEPS physical day two, swear in, get your BCT/OSUT orders. could be a week could be several months, depending on your job
>>
>>29763383
You can do everything but step on the plane in one day. That part doesn't happen currently.
>>
>>29763410
You can do the ASVAB and physical on the same day. Much less time wasted that way.
>>
>>29762888
every morning you have to kill a hobo for 'murrica.
>>
File: hmm.png (248 KB, 676x972) Image search: [Google]
hmm.png
248 KB, 676x972
Well this is what i possibly qualify for

what do
>>
>>29763410
>BCT/OSUT
What dis?

>>29763412
>>29763410
Also, how does USAF transit the people from Houston to San Antonio?
>>
>>29763428
this is not available in my area
>>
>>29763431
That just makes me want to do it even more. Gotta keep the streets clean of filth.
>>
>>29762888
training foreign soldiers that you or your children will be fighting someday
>>
>>29763465
I meant more stateside though.
>>
>>29763437
basic training, and probably by bus
>>
>>29763473

Not him, but

>special forces
>stateside for more than six months
>>
>>29763387
They checked your ears? Didn't even look at mine
>>
>>29763435
3/4ths of those are rare and will never be available for you. Not trying to be a dick. The helicopter jobs pop up with more regularity, but everything else is a pipe dream.
>>
>>29763477
probably meant after leaving the army
>>
>>29763435
what was your score? 37?

>repair everything
>or read the GPS coordinates for boat capt.
>>
>>29763477
this. training/ readiness
>>
>>29763477
>six months
That still is a period of time believe it or not. So during that time are you training frequently or off sense you are deployed so much?
>>
>>29763442
Who told you that, and what's your area? There are a lot of things you can do for MEPS that they tell you you can't. You never HAVE to stay at the hotel, for instance. Some recruiters just prefer to set it up for separate days.
>>
>>29763480
Airborne physical will check your ears, but sounds like anon flunked his hearing test.
>>
>>29763529
No he needs a washout, its when you have a huge build up of wax.
>>
>>29763515

>>29763515
>t. someone at MEPS hotel right now

ASVAB and TAPAS is 3.5 hours, MEPS physical is 8-10 hours, they don't want you to get "burned out"

Raleigh, NC
>>
Helpful hint; remember this one for future /meg/ threads.
The MEPS definition of "symptomatic" is not the medical definition of symptomatic. If you have a plantar wart on your foot, it's not a DQ even though the internet will tell you it is. Anything that's listed as a medical DQ and includes "symptomatic" is not necessarily a DQ
>>
>>29763562
>NC
It's an option, they just nudge you away from it.
>>
what if im really retarded in Math?

how does the ASVAB work?
>>
so i really wanna join the chair force
27 year old white male, fit

>i have weed in my system (washington state)
>i was born with only 1 fully functional kidney

i have been detoxing for a week or so now?

think i could get accepted or am i a lost cause
>>
>>29763609
we have 60+ people getting processed tomorrow, I'm interested to see how efficient this is. MEPSCOM is here, too
>>
>>29763622
Study algebra.
Grab a high school math textbook, it will literally contain everything you need.

These captchas are the worst. That's a pistachio, not a peanut.
>>
>>29763645
i mean what if i score low in math? but well in every other section? US Army 11B will take math retards, right?
>>
>>29763622
it fucking sucks if you're not good at math, hope you have a firm grasp of the english language or mechanical ability
>>
>>29763632
Is it your first time through? It really is a special kind of stupid. On busy days you'll spend less time with the doc though, so that's a plus.
>>
>>29763658
my roommate at MEPS got a 56 on his ASVAB, and all his line scores still qualify him for intel
his ST is 105, his GT is 101
>>
>>29763658
They will. But do yourself a favor and study. There are other factors that can screw you here. They might not apply to you, but play it safe.
>>
>>29763662
i finished my ASVAB at 4pm, watched NCIS in the lobby until 7:30pm when the shuttle to the hotel got here. tomorrow is going to fucking suck. i can't sleep and i have to be up at 4am. and yes, my first time
>>
>>29763683
>>29763674
i will definitely study up on my math, do you know the scores for 19K? 87 on the ASVAB but is that just a total score?
>>
File: images (1).jpg (5 KB, 200x131) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
5 KB, 200x131
WHAT THE FUG! I was considering joining the reserves but then i found I would need to ship out to the boonies with the full timers for 8 weeks basic training (kiwi here). While British reserves only need to train on the weekend for a few weeks!
>>
>>29763711
>Combat (CO) - Word Knowledge, Paragraph Comprehension, Auto & Shop and Mechanical Comprehension.
You need an 87 for that line score, so those are the categories you need to score decently in.
http://www.goarmy.com/learn/understanding-the-asvab.html
>>
>>29763746
oh alright that clears things up thanks
>>
>>29763735
Really? The British don't have a basic first? I find that highly unlikely.
>>
>>29763711
another kid got into the 60s and he was well over what he needed for 19something. you have to be literally retarded to fail this, apparently. brush up on basic long division, formulas for triangles and circles, fractions, basic algebra solve for x, calculating interest, finding areas of rectangles and circles, and converting Fahrenheit to Celsius
>>
>>29763769
60s is still better than 60% of people that take the test, if you didn't know. He's sliiightly above average.
>>
File: chap4.jpg (38 KB, 615x366) Image search: [Google]
chap4.jpg
38 KB, 615x366
anyone here ever meet a Chaplain?

what are they like?
>>
>>29763796

My childhood friend just reclassed to chaplain's assistant. He seems more at peace now.
>>
I got a 99 on my asvab and signed nuke how badly did I fuck up?
>>
>>29763796
>he hasn't met the chaps
They're cool man. And they don't expect you to follow any religion. However there's this one at tsc great lakes who makes you feel like you're on sesame street everytime she talks to you. Bitch tellling me to spell. Fuck that. Anyways they may be Officers but most prefer you talk to them like anyone else because they need you to think that they're approachable.
>>
>>29763784
i was the second highest with an 85. and i graduated high school in 04. so that means i haven't seen any sort of algebra for about 13 years. there were 18-24 year olds getting 40-60. that's the weird part to me. i was expecting a lower score since i haven't done this in a long time, these kids were doing this stuff a year or two ago and doing worse. not bragging, not talking shit, just an observation
>>
>>29763825
Why pick it? I don't get the allure. Sounds like a pretty meh job with the single upside of being able to tell people your job later in life. No hate just curious.
>>
>>29763825
>im pretty smart and signed up for a job that will open a million doors if you go back to civilian

youre fine
>>
>>29763825
Pretty badly. However Theres an easy fix. In boot they will ask you which rate do you prefer. Go with MM. Shortest a school and you'll get e4 in less than 3 months. Drop out at power school and rerate to what ever the fuck makes you happy but as a 3rd class. Thats what the smart nukes do.
>>
>>29763844
Yea, I get you. I took it at 18 before graduating and got a 93. Took it again at 23 thinking I'd do worse and got a 99. The ASVAB be fickle like that. If I got a 99, a lot of people that take the test are dumb. It's even multiple choice. I even RAN OUT OF TIME on a question during the math portion. I didn't even get to answer the last question, and I still got a 99.
>>
>>29763628
You'd be like grandpa at lackland.

Recruiter would prob turn you away, give it a shot anyway.
>>
>>29763383
>Went to recruiter first time last august
>took asvab/dlab september
>meps later that month
>signed 1a8 contract october
>left Jan 19th
>graduated mar 11

now here I am.
>>
>>29763628
Absence of one kidney is a DQ, and likely impossible to get a waiver for.
>>
>>29763909
>>29763920

thanks for the advice
>>
Know you guys get a lot of MEPS questions, but I like to think mine could be a little different.

I have scoliosis, but I'd like to become a physician in the Navy. I'm working through college right now, and have awesome grades, 2 years left. I'm 5'10 185 with decent definition, a thin layer of "stocky" fat around my sides/back, but look in pretty good physical condition.

In junior high I got tested for it, and there was none to be found, after growth spurt in HS my mom who checked me for it a bunch when I was a kid (because she has like a 45 degree curve/twist.) I got taken to the doctor, and they found a 23 degree curve near lumbar and 17 degree thoracic. I then wore a brace for 1 year, and when done i had a 17 degree lower and 15 degree upper.
Another thing, I can run about 7 miles before feeling like I'm too winded, and can deadlift about 320, do 70ish pushups/ 25 pullups AND MY SPINE FEELS FINE, the doc said I was cleared to run a marathon and I'd have no pain.

That was 2 years ago, I know my spine has settled since then. I haven't gotten xrays, I just know how it feels.

I have several questions. How close will they check for scoliosis, as the major curve is kinda disguised since its so close to my waist, and the fat on lower back/sides kinda obscures it too. Also, if they do find it, what will they do? If they ask do I say I know I had it, say the last time it was checked, it was under the requirements? will they XRAY me?

Next up, since I want to be a doctor, would I be able to get a waiver since the job won't really be related to any fitness (that im aware of, not that it would matter since im fit)?

What is the line where I get caught for "lying" and get blackballed for every med school just because i wanted to join the navy?
>>
>>29763796
you literally get a chaplain brief every time you go down the tech school pipeline
So yes, and chaplains are always great people
>>
>>29763796
>>29763844
No nig left behind bro.

The pain is real, this country is fucked.
>>
>>29763928
My advice is 10 years out of date, but def give it a shot and look for an older recruiter if you really want to give it a go.
>>
>>29763931
If they notice it, they will measure it.
If you mention it to a recruiter, they will notate it and you will be checked at MEPS.
If they find it at MEPS, you're already past a point in which they would have asked you if you have it. If you lied, goodbye. If you admitted to it, they'll measure it. You would not be blacklisted from anything but the military.
>>
>>29763943
the ghetto nig in basketball shorts, a wife beater, with the kid n play haircut got like a 28 or 29, he fucked up signing in, the liaisons were constantly scolding him, his recruiter came and picked him up from the hotel. no MEPS for him, i guess
>>
>>29763960
>>29763931
Also, google that shit. I don't remember the exact curvature limits, but it's easily attainable info. The acceptable range is pretty wide, you might be fine.
>>
>>29763960
What about the waiver?
And what if they find it and it is above the limit, is it as simple as "you dont cut it sorry" or do factors like job requirements, severity of limits due to pain/whatever factor into it.

Also, I've heard about senators/governors possibly being able to tell them to suck it and let me in anyway?
>>
>>29764007
the cutoff is 20 degrees on lumbar, which i am over, at least i think so, the only time i was under the limit was when i was done wearing my brace, but odds are i have sunken back into it, and i dont think the brace will work since ive grown an inch or two.......maybe ask the doctor if it will work?
>>
>>29764009
>c. Deviation or curvature of spine from normal alignment, structure, or function if -
(1) It prevents the individual from following a physically active vocation in civilian life.
(2) It interferes with wearing a uniform or military equipment.
(3) It is symptomatic and associated with positive physical finding(s) and demonstrable by x-ray.
(4) There is lumbar scoliosis greater than 20 degrees, thoracic scoliosis greater than 30 degrees, and kyphosis or lordosis greater than 55 degrees when measured by the Cobb method.
If any of those apply, it's a DQ. Waivers for that... The important one is the range. If you're outside those angles, you're probably a no go.
>>
>>29764029
c. Deviation or curvature of spine from normal alignment, structure, or function if -
(1) It prevents the individual from following a physically active vocation in civilian life.
(2) It interferes with wearing a uniform or military equipment.
(3) It is symptomatic and associated with positive physical finding(s) and demonstrable by x-ray.
(4) There is lumbar scoliosis greater than 20 degrees, thoracic scoliosis greater than 30 degrees, and kyphosis or lordosis greater than 55 degrees when measured by the Cobb method.
Any of those are a DQ. Being outside the range might make a waiver impossible. If it was possible, it would be unlikely.
>>
>>29763959

my dad who served in vietnam always told me i would never be able to join because of it

its honestly been a dream of mine since i was a young lad to join some branch of the service

anyway, thanks for your advice
>>
>>29764045
Gotcha, well in that case, gonna have to take the route of I had no idea.

So, what all do they check for, and how do they check for it, for scoliosis is it just a 2 second bend over or is it a thorough poking and prodding.

What time of year is best to go to have the most people there to ensure the doctor won't take as much time looking at me? Would it be better to try to make myself overweight to obscure it or possibly get in really good shape so they're less inclined to notice
>>
>>29763448
remember to keep the ears for your necklace. gotta look pretty for the president.
>>
>>29763477
Ricky mentioned once the ODAs weren't deploying that much. They could spend a couple of years stateside I think.
>>
>>29764089
Right when highschoolers graduate is the busiest time. A forewarning, you will receive a one-on-one examination no matter what, and they will see your back. If you can find a way to sit upright and pass a quick cursory glance, you have a chance.
If you want to lie you'll have to play it pretty carefully. You do sign releases for them to access your medical records. They don't always check them, but if you end up needing a clearance they will look a little closer.
>>
>>29764089
>>29764153
If you can, go to a doc and get a new measurement if there's even a slight chance you have nothing to worry about. Honesty will be a lot easier, you know?
>>
>>29764089
Multiposting here but I just realized I glossed over part of your question. It's just a quick peek. They'll look again when they listen to your lungs, too. When you're sitting around waiting for the one on one examination, try to jockey for a spot with the doc who's processing people the quickest.
>>
File: 1453821847739.jpg (91 KB, 400x673) Image search: [Google]
1453821847739.jpg
91 KB, 400x673
I posted in the last thread but I want to ask again.

Is it possible to get a combat role during "peace time" right now? Do you have to go SF?
>>
>>29763437
Bus
>>29763628
No kidney is no go.
>>
>>29764228
You got an answer last thread.
If you can get a contract like 18x, then pass more classes, selections, and qualifications than you can imagine, then yes.
Outside of that? No.
>>
>>29764153
>>29764167
Thanks. A few notes. You really can't see it in my spine. Only if he were to ask me to bend over and traced my back, very carefully poking and stuff, if he just looks, im fine i think. Also, is it considered lying if i say there's no problems since the scoliosis( the last time it was checked) was underneath the limit? Also if they do check the records, is it an instaboot if they find out i lied, or just a reprimand/pay dock?
>>
>>29764228
Look into air force PJs, TACP, CCT, and SOWT.
>>
>>29764257
A third thing, what if I just say I plain forgot? It was four years ago and never affected me, say I pretend like I never actually wore the brace, just forgot about it and kept on living like it never happened?
>>
>>29764260

Would I get laughed out of the recruiting office if I asked about trying to join those?
>>
>>29764260
>Look into air force PJs, TACP, CCT, and SOWT.
These are things we can pursue once we sign and begin our service proper?
>>
>>29764257
You can access the questionnaire online, too.
It will ask if you have any history of scoliosis.
You'll check yes or no. It is fraudulent enlistment if you're caught.
Lie at MEPS and get caught? Meh.
Lie at MEPS, don't get caught, get caught after you're in? You are straight bye-bye fucked.
If I were you and it wasn't visible? I'd take the shot. You really, really shouldn't risk it... But I'd do it. Your medical records *usually* don't ever get checked unless you have a problem once in service.
>>
>>29764307
Gotcha, that's what I'm thinking is the way to go as well. So now the question is what does it mean they are "checking" my medical records? Are they just checking the state department, or is it something they go all out on? Thanks for responding btw
>>
>>29764364
From what I've heard, and we're leaving my area of knowledge here, the ones that hard charge and dig into stuff are the clearance folks. Even then, they only do so when there's a reason for them to. Outside of that, it's actually very difficult for them to get your civilian medical records since HIPPA. In the majority of cases, they're never seen. The recruiter would tell you otherwise, and so will other internet sources, but it really (to my knowledge) just doesn't happen unless something raises suspicion once you're in.
>>
>>29764433
>>29764364

And this is coming from someone who may or may not know exactly what it's like to weigh a similar decision to the one you're weighing right now. That someone never encountered an issue.
>>
>>29763205

didnt the most famous navy seal sniper enlist at age 30?
>>
dont know shit about how military works, afraid to talk to recruiters because dont want them to harass me into joining to make their comissions/quotas like the used car salesmen vultures i hear they are.

my question is, can you take the entrance tests (ASVAB) without any commitments/signing forms? so you can have an idea about what job is realistic for you to get before committing ?
>>
>>29764658
If you are scared to talk to a recruiter you sure as shit are not going to join the military.
>>
>>29764658
Some recruiters try to sell you and some are really chill. Either way you have no commitment to go anywhere or do anything until the day you actually go to basic training. Just don't let yourself be sold and it won't happen. You can do what I did, and tell a recruiter that you want to take an asvab before going to meps to consider your options. I took mine at some devry campus. Depending on what branch you join, you may or may not know exactly what job you may be getting when you go to meps. Don't let that worry you. Go into meps with a list of jobs you are willing to work, see if you get one, and if not say thanks but no thanks and walk away. Some people will probably try and guilt trip you into taking something you don't want saying you're wasting their time, but stand your ground and wait for them to offer something you want.
>>
>>29764658
And is that how you want to live your life? Man up, amigo. Just walk in, test, and look at jobs. They can't make you do anything, and it's their job to help you out and try to get you to sign.
>>
Alright, so for Navy SEALS you have to do 20 years for the retirement. Obviously as you age you become less physically capable, so are only the younger people who become SEALS able to manage it? Like 20 year olds and whatnot? Like are people that become SEALS in their late 20s fucked for the retirement? Or are you just in combat less when you get older, or what?

I'm obviously ignorant about this, I'm just curious. I'm 20 years old and only in OK shape, but I'm curious if I had a chance if I were to really rigorously get in good shape for the next 2 years, would I be okay for the long run? I want to get in good shape regardless.
>>
>>29765049
No you don't. You can do 20 years or become an officer and then you can retire whenever you finish a tour of duty.
>>
>>29765049
And it doesn't work like that. Not all SEALs do Act of Valor shit. Officers stop being "operational" at Lieutenant Commander (0-4). Enlistedmen stop getting operational assignments around 08-09
(Senior Chief/ Master Chief Petty Officer)
>>
>>29765191
E8-E9* beg your pardon.
>>
>>29764658
Don't join the Navy you fucking pussy.
>>
What branch/MOS do I pick if I want to wear a blaze orange vest over the BDU, don't want to get shot at, and requires little training? I was thinking construction. Is there such a thing as road construction in the military?
>>
>>29765273
Yeah join the CB's you'll have a good one.
>>
Fellow /k/ommandos a couple years ago when i was 17 shit happened i went in and lived in a behavioral facility for 6 months was deemdd perfectly fine just had family issues i had to stay there for awhile but i got sent to a youth shelter who found my paper work and got me sent to a hospital that slapped me with an unidentified psychosis without even speaking to me im 20 now want to join the armed forces but dont know how fucked i am can i get that cleared up? Will i never be allowed in? I was told not to lie because i could get discharged and a get a felony charge (cant lose muh guns and my career path) just wanna know if anyone has any clue what i can do
>>
>>29765543
Anything mental is usually a no-go bro. Sorry to hear that the govt fucked you. Most govt jobs wont take you, but you can try the National Guard/ Reserves.
>>
off to MEPS, I'll let you guys know how it goes tonight, unless i fuck up. then you'll know sooner
>>
>>29763220
Fuck man I wish I was on a surface ship...
>>
>>29763628
Don't tell them you only have 1 kidney. I'm stationed in a sub right now with only 1 kidney and the sub force is all about disqualling people they don't deem fit
>>
>>29763766
>All Army Reserve recruits attend the combined arms Phase 1 (Alpha) over 4 weekends at regionally based Army Training Units (ATUs). Alternatively if time allows Reserve recruits can undertake this training in a 7 day consolidated period at selected ATU locations, or at a Regular Army Phase 1 training establishment.

>Upon successful completion of Phase 1 (Alpha) soldiers of the Army Reserve then go on to attend the 15.5 day residential, Phase 1 (Bravo) course at either the Army Training Centre (Pirbright) or Army Training Regiment (Grantham), provided predominantly by Regular Army instructors. Recruits pass out of these Training Centres on day 15 with a formal parade to which family and friends are made most welcome to celebrate and share your success.

I know the aus army reservists do 35 days basic plus some prior training at home units. The RAAF reservist's do either the 12.6 week course full time or in 3 4 week blocks (had a mixture of people doing both on my recruit course.)
>>
Aeronautical engineer here, whose also pretty good in other fields. What's a good active MOS that makes use of my degree?
>>
>>29765940
Avionics Tech
>>
>>29766165
Fuck, sounds cool. Thanks.
>>
>>29766250
Lol no. I'm an avionics tech for MC130Js in the USAF, don't go into maintenance. Unless an avionics tech is different in the army, don't know why it would be though.
>>
>>29766296
Recommend anything better then?
>>
>>29766317
Blackhander
>>
>>29766296
What is maintenance like? I mean, when tech school is done I'll be flying out of offutt in rc135s for my job and I want to ask what it's like to work on planes.
>>
>>29762820
What's a good Navy rate to get into?
Not necessarily looking for something that's useful outside the navy, just something cool to do for a few years, a unique experience.

"Choose your rate, choose your fate"
But which fates aren't cancer?
>>
>>29762820
posted this in another thread and no answer maybe here I'll get one.

anybody here got any experience in ADA MOS? Currently doing OCS and the ADA (Air defense artillery) branch really interests me. Though the administrative sergeant told me that if I ADA was near my top 5 commissioning choices I would get selected to it since not many people go in it.

I'm just asking for some info on daily activities, what to do, where does the MOS get posted (State or country whatever) and just some general info before I pick it and get fucked in the ass raw style.
>>
>>29767494
Depends on what you want to do after the navy. Em ht will set you up as an electrician or plumber easy. The navy will set you up with thoes certs. Et fc it ic will set you up with computernetworking or telecommunications making you a lot after you get out. At gives you ojt for air traffic control. Use navy.cool to find out more of that kinda shit.
>>
>>29767494
>>29767575
If you want a unique experience go with a top sider rate ic et fc gm bm qm any avation rate.
>>
>>29767494
Navy vet here, if you only wanna do 4 years and have a cool rate go OS. Thats what i was on a cruiser and in all honestly being an OS is top 3 rates you can have on a smaller ship.
>>
>>29767494
Aviation, any rating working on a P-8.

Fuck boat navy.
>>
>>29767639
If you go off of terms of how easy it is then yes but that shit is lame. If youre gonna be in the navy be on a ship. Especially if you are only doing 4 years and getting out.
>>
File: 1405053118210.jpg (101 KB, 898x628) Image search: [Google]
1405053118210.jpg
101 KB, 898x628
>>29767626
OS STOP FICKING WITH MY KNOBS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>29767682
ET? Fix my shit while i go get a cafe Au lait
>>
>>29767639
>>29767626
>>29767608
>>29767575
Thanks for the quick answers m8s
I'm not super interested in aviation, although I did a quick little search on forums and saw that people think it's a pretty good rate

Right now I'm tossing it up between FC, OS, maybe even QM.
Don't want to burst a vein studying for my rate, but don't want a dummy feeder either.
>>
File: image.jpg (99 KB, 500x714) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
99 KB, 500x714
Sup /meg/amen.

I'm 25, bday in december.

I've been looking at the Coast Guard mostly. Two points though.

I already have a college degree and I'll be wearing braces till 6/2016.

Anyone have any advice or pointers?
>>
>>29767719
Im telling you right now go OS, short school but a cool job with lots to do. Plus little to no maintenance. There is a lot of watch but honestly that aint even that bad.
>>
>>29767723
Why would you ever choose coast guard over navy? Im seriously asking is there some reason i dont know of?
>>
>>29767739
When I set an interview with the recruiter I'll ask him about it for sure
thanks anon

got any interesting/funny stories from being an OS?
Also what ship did you serve on?
>>
>>29767739
>>29767767
Tell him about the time you woke up a techinican after his 24 hour trouble shooting to fix the display when it turns out it was the brilliance knob turned completely off.
>>
>>29767765
I'm not entirely sure.

I know the differences are pretty big, but I'm not sure how it translates into a different experience or post-service life.
>>
>>29767767
I was 2 cruisers.
Bro anyone who spends 4 years in the navy on a ship will have a million stories easily.
>be me
>in singapore with a crew of friends
>Go to the orchard towers aka the 4 floors of whores
>selling pitchers of rum and coke for 10 dollars
>shitfaced
>see a young stupid bm making out with a 6 foot tall tranny and he cant even tell cause hes so drunk
>see the air dell whores dancing half naked on the dance floor and half the ship is watching them
>leave and go to a message parlor for some action
>friend goes back
>filipina honey rubs my dick through my shorts while i wait
>all hell breaks loose
>whore stole friends ipod to hold for ransom or something
>huge chaose breaks out
>steal it back
>we all bolt out of the whore house
>go to the downstairs restaurant and feast on asian chicken to finish the night
Just another typical night on liberty
>>29767806
Bro we do that shit on purpose, we fake being stupid and laugh about it
>>29767824
Just man up and go navy
>>
>>29767723
I'm 25 as well, going Army though, purely because I got to pick my MOS.
>>29767765
I imagine because it's probably nicer living conditions, and you remain stateside. Both very respectable reasons.
>>
>>29767765

Non coastie or squid here, but the USCG is the largest professional maritime rescue organization there is. The Navy handles international force projection and the puddle pirates work as ocean police and rescue workers.

The USCG does have some form of international interdiction officer job, where you get embedded with the navy and get to fast rope onto boats the big ships disable or blockade to arrest the bad guys on board. Posse Comitatus prevents uniformed military from acting as police, IIRC, so the USCG guys are DOT and have the arresting authority as technically non-designated combatants. I am not personally sure of this, but I am a professional rescue worker who has heard all of this time and time again from friends in the USCG, as well as from my father who served a full 20 in the USN.
>>
>>29767863
>nicer living conditions
Not true
>remain stateside
Why would you want that? If you are young and have no hold backs go all the way. If you got a family its different but if thats the case just go Air Force.
>>29767867
Thats true but again either go full out and go Navy of just chill and go Air Force. The Coast Guard isnt better than either based on what you are looking for.
>>
>>29765273
CB's/Seabees might fit. My father served during Desert Storm, mostly repaired roads, base structures, and some vehicles.
>>
>>29767844
haha that whore story sounds awesome
That's kind of what I'm looking for, just a good time and getting paid for it
>>
>>29768173
I got hundreds of stories just like that and the thing is im not special in that regard. Any one whose on a ship will have loads of stories. Try to get stationed on a CG or DDG somewhere on the western side of things and youre golden for a good time. I was stationed in San Diego which was amazing itself but Hawaii or Yokosuka Japan are close seconds and thirds.
>>
File: 1439696840712.jpg (687 KB, 1754x1754) Image search: [Google]
1439696840712.jpg
687 KB, 1754x1754
USAF Trainee here, just got a call from my recruiter that an open M55 slot was available, told him to put my name on it for now 'cause it's probably going to disappear in llike 5 minutes. The question I wanted to ask, is if signing onto an open area like that is a good idea. I'm intent on seeing one of the 5th Gen tac air maintenance spots open up, should I call him back and tell him?
>>
I'm 21 and looking to join one of the branches in 8 months to a year.
Kind of want some combat xp so I can hopefully work security contracts when I get out.
I thought about joining special forces but delta requires close to 6-8 years, and I doubt I could pass the security clearance anyhow.
Any suggestions?
>>
Just got back from my ASTB. Got 70, so despite my background in natural science, my recruiter mentioned trying to for information warfare or intelligence since neither of us are very confident about me getting my first choice of meteorology and oceanography since it's such a small field.

Can anyone here tell me more about those jobs aside from what I can find online? Does either position take place primarily on ships? How easy would it be to go to graduate school while having one of those positions?
>>
>>29768971
Go 18X or 11X. Can't guarantee combat though
>>
>>29769042
>information warfare or intelligence
Go CTR im telling you right now. Awesome job all around plus sweet work location on ships and can get stationed at lots of shore intel bases around the world. Top secret clearance as well.
>>
>>29769063
That does look kind of neat, though I've always been nervous about the investigation for secret clearances. What's day to day life like? And are there many opportunities for taking graduate classes with that position? If I don't go career, I'd like to come out with more than just a veteran stamp on my future job applications.
>>
>>29769130
That job has a lot of out of navy job opportunities with NSA like companies/sections of the government. Day to day at sea they just stand watch in there own secret area no one else is allowed in aka fuck around and watch movies. And again the shore duty oppurtunities are so easy that you can easily take glasses and get a degree. However a similar job with even more civilian applications is to go IT. I still would put CTR over it cause its a cooler job but IT would set you up well for when you get out.
>>
>>29769155
>That job has a lot of out of navy job opportunities with NSA like companies/sections of the government.
I think I will hold that job in my back pocket, then. I'm colorblind, so law enforcement is out for me, but as a veteran with a background like that, I may be able to finagle something. And that's assuming I don't go career. Retiring at 45 sounds nice
>>
In USAF DEP, shipping out July.

I want out so I can join the Navy.

What is the best way of expediting my discharge so I can DEP with the Navy?

Written letter? Verbal communication over phone? E-Mail with CC to the RECRUITCOM?
>>
AD Warrant Officer here bout to jump on a chinook, will answer questions as time allows
>>
>>29763290

Man... I knew sigint people who were in around 2005 who never deployed.

If anyone is going to be washing rocks, I'd imagine it is going to be you.
>>
>>29763939

This

In the Marine Corps you have a mandatory meet with one in boot and at itb/mct, then of course you can make an appointment to speak with one at any time.
>>
>>29769529

You don't have to do anything, sperg. If you're so much of a bitch that you're even asking this then just ignoring his calls and such will work for you.
>>
>>29769765
not a chance, but thanks for the nightmares. got my physical done, ASVAB done, started the clearance interview but my faggot recruiter misspelled all kinds of shit on my SF86 so they have to update my file to continue. and their computer is down. so i'm back at the hotel AGAIN. tomorrow i finish security interview and swear in

any MEPS or ASVAB questions let me know
>>
>>29769889

None from me. I went to meps twice in 2002 and twice last month for the afoqt and a physical.

It is still as stupid as I remember it to be. Still, it was fun watching how scared all the kids were.
>>
>>29769987
so many kids fucked themselves, agreed, pretty funny.
the briefing that threatened jail time and dishonorable discharge made them all say they've smoked pot before, the profile part some kid mentioned he got a concussion a week earlier, all kinds of shit
and all the gays went navy, its not a joke. like flaming homosexuals.
sjw bulldyke feminist got butthurt and triggered when they said "guys" in the briefing. she's trying to be an Intel officer
>>
>>29770092

The hotel was fun too. I live 62 miles away from the meps so they made me stay there.

In the rec room there was some kid still in high school talking about how he was going to be an air force pilot by the end of next year, another saying that he signed for army helo mech because it is the best way to become a helo pilot, and another kid who couldn't remember what his job was but kept bragging saying "I'm the guy who PUSHES THE BUTTON!"

I didn't have the heart to correct them. I just sat around listening to them all tell their little stories and laughing on the inside.
>>
>>29770176
Crew chief is a solid path to pilot you nance
>>
Anybody have any stories or anything at all related to MEPS in Houston?
>>
>>29770203

If he wanted to be a pilot he should have gone street to seat, tard. Now he has to wait the tis requirement to do a package, which obviously you have no idea about so go ahead and google how long that is - I'll wait.

Shitposting kiddies who don't know shit about shit, pls go.
>>
File: image.jpg (298 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
298 KB, 960x1280
>>29770233
Kek you're right, what would I know
>>
>>29762820

I didn't get a polygraph at MEPS. Just a guy with a poster about how lying is bad asking me if I was lying.

But then again I didn't get a finger up the ass either.
>>
>>29770176
the Freedom Lounge or whatever was full of motard faggots hooahing each other and calling each other POGs (like the 90s toy caps) and talking about going ranger or SEAL. it was like a live action/meg/, very surreal
>>
>>29770233
going into the helo field is the best way to get knowledge to pass your tests for pilot eligibility

there are also no reqs for a package other than putting one in through arsof

source is me, someone who put in a packet through arsof
>>
>>29770233
>>29770301
Fucking KEKT
>>
>>29765820
hows nuke school and life in a sub?
>>
>>29767867
theyre homeland security now iirc
>>
>>29770301

A kid wearing a plate carrier in the middle of the day and is too scared to even show rank insignia... yeah, that definitely doesn't seem like something a tryhard admin fag would do.

Nice samefagging though. You rekt me so good.
>>
where the /army/ questions at

I will answer all I can
>>
>>29769529
Literally just tell your recruiter you want out. It's that easy.
>>
>>29770477
thats an acu flak vest on someone wearing ocp/multicam

you tried though
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>29770477
You're showing your ignorance bud.
Aircrew Body armor doesn't have rank insignia, but I'll take another pic for you in a while. You flatter yourself too much to think I'd waste my time samefagging you.
>>
>>29770374

I don't see how being a mechanic would help you at all. Like people looking to be air force fixed wing pilots, you should be reading, and if you're super serious you should be logging civilian hours... not wasting your time playing around in basic training and tech school to turn wrenches.

You guys have a specific program to get 18 year old kids into the warrant officer programs, not doing that seems like hyper retardation to me.
>>
>>29770511

having hands on with the craft is important so you know how to not piss off the mechanics, since its their bird, not yours

and any helo mechanic ait is pretty detailed, "turning wrenches" is pretty blanket for what actually goes on in the understanding of how it works

and lower enlisted in the army is an experience everyone should have
>>
>>29770505
>>29770499

I wouldn't be caught dead in the army, brosef. I would like to know why an "air crew" person apparently would be the one-stop shop for all information on being a pilot. I'm wondering because when I think of air crew I immediately picture the loadmaster, that barely literate guy who plays tetris in the bay.

Don't bother posting anymore pictures. If you're already posting old stuff I'm going to assume you're just stealing things from other anons... and it is not like I'd actually be impressed that you have done something so mundane as join the us army, so it is pretty pointless.
>>
>>29770563
the army is pretty fun desu senpai
>>
>>29770563
>why would an aircrew person be the one stop shop for all info on being a pilot
Because I am a pilot. These pictures are from right now. Have a good one day pal.
>>
>>29770549

I'm not convinced. There is a program for it, so there is no point to being a mechanic first other than to supposedly rating more respect once you pin on wo.

>and lower enlisted in the army is an experience everyone should have

I'm 50/50 on this. Being enlisted definitely made me who I am today but I still rage about how much time I wasted because I didn't have a decent mentor to help me when I was making bad decisions.

Something I have been curious about for a while - I know commissioned officer candidates and wo people in the army go to basic with the enlisted kids. Is there any distinction made between them while they're there?
>>
>>29770563
Why are you in meg if you're just shitting on a real soldier's posts? This is why vets avoid you cunts like the plague.
>>
>>29770615

What are you doing in the back of what looks like a 130?

To me, air crew are all rated personnel - loadmasters, flight nurses, nav, flight physicians, etc.
>>
>>29770626
Just your MOS code which doesn't mean shit in basic anyway.
>>
Redpill me on Marines /k/

Particularly 03 series
>>
>>29770647
I'm training other aircrews in aerial gunnery. And it's not a C130. There are two types of aircrew members. Rated aircrew (flight docs and pilots) and nonrated aircrew (crew chiefs, medics)
>>
>>29770638

Prior enlisted, commissioning in the air force, waiting for the next non-rated board. I post sometimes in hopes of someone having useful information but I have found that very few people in these threads join the air force and even less go officer.

FYI: most vets don't care about anything military, which is why the majority of the people in these threads are kids and people who are currently in looking to whore up some attention.
>>
>>29770693
So you think pilot guy is whoring? Pretty sure he came on here yesterday just to answer questions and help out.
>>
Do any of the ROTC programs care about the ASVAB if you took it?

I'm a freshman at community college, didn't take the SAT or ACT. I don't really care about the scholarship either. Plan on transferring to a 4 year uni next semester, once I'm there I can just talk to the AFROTC det and get involved right?
>>
>>29770563
wew lad, get a load of this faggot
>>
>>29763435
88k you either go to hawaii or virginia
>>
>>29763435
Didn't they retire the Kiowa?

I'd say the only job you could realistically get is 15R.
>>
>>29763628
>i was born with only 1 fully functional kidney
Well, it's not like they're going to check.

If you're otherwise fit and healthy, and you can pass your phys...
>>
>>29770334
Same here. I didn't even have to do the duckwalk! And there were only, like, 4 kids in my group so I only had to wait twenty minutes for the doctor. I almost want to go back and get the real MEPS experience.
>>
saw a bunch of kids fuck their lives up today.
>the kid that got a 91 asvab and 125 DLAB wanted cryptolinguist, wasn't available so he chose psyops
>chick wanted to be a pilot, they convinced her to go open maintenance
>built as fuck kid wanted 11x option 40, combat engineer
>nerdy autistic fat kid wanted SEAL, they told him he was too smart, chose nuke
>kid wanted to be an MP, wasn't available, chose 92G
>chick wanted 35F, wasn't available, 35G because "its like the same thing"
>almost every kid going navy signed open contracts

60+ people in all, i doubt anyone got what they wanted
>>
I just turned 18 and after hearing about Trump wanting ground troops to fight ISIS, I am really excited. Will this be my generations war?
>>
>>29763387
Just the ears
>>
>Have to go back to my recruiters office tomorrow and give middle names for every character reference, address verification reference, and employment history reference I listed
fuckin ayyy mate, I thought I could just leave that shit blank
>>
>>29771462
they really dont care about bosses middle names, just your references
>>
Any fc here? If so whats your nec? And what does it entail?
>>
Air Force Security Forces here

ask if you have q's
>>
>>29771349
Those aren't all bad.

PSYOP is a solid MOS and one that won't get you kicked out of the Army like 35P.

Can't fucking be an enlisted pilot. So chick was dumb.

Autistic kid should not be a SEAL. Nuke would be better, but almost anything would be better.
>>
>>29771631
Why are you guys gigantic faggots
>>
>>29771631
>air force security force
Dont yoy guys call yourselves "freedom defenders"?
>>
>>29771652
well there's lots of gay people in our field for some reason

>>29771668
no, just defenders
>>
>>29771349
>Mfw "there are now infantry contracts"
>mfw "there are no op40s"
>mfw don't take no for an answer
>mfw 11xop40
>mfw fuck my shit up in training because fuck me
>mfw army's like "Lol, you did this to yourself before enlisting, separated, better luck next time"
>mfw I have no face
>>
Can someone redpill me on the two chicks who past RASP a couple years back? I heard that it was bunk
>>
>>29771787
Should be
>there are no infantry contracts
>>
>>29771794
I thoguht it was ranger tab school, and no they arent the same thing before anyone calls me retarded. And considering they are women id assume it was bunk.
>>
>>29771794
>>29771851
Two female officers passed ranger school. One was an MP, one was a 64 pilot iirc
>>
>>29771379
18 year old enlisted here, please get a lobotomy immediately
>>
>>29771349
>>29771787
>that kid who gets a 98 on the ASVAB and enlists as 11B
I am that kid
ama
>>
>>29772194
You're not special
>>
Any corpsman here? I have a couple of questions about surge tech
>>
>>29772202
special ED maybe!
LOL!!

>>29772125
fucking pussy ass
>>
>>29772194
What's like being smart and dumb at the same time??
>>
File: blog-image-27[1].jpg (66 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
blog-image-27[1].jpg
66 KB, 500x500
>>29772217
Really depressing tbqh
>>
>>29772217

In my experience, the only people who don't score in the 85th percentile and higher are legit retards - the types of people who barely passed algebra 1 and graduated high school with like a 2.01 gpa, native English speakers who don't know when to use there/they're/their to/too...

The older you get the more depressing life becomes when you realize how stupid the large majority of people are. Of course as an American at least it is easy to take advantage of governmental systems and make a lot of money, but still, it is frustrating when you run into someone in a supervisory position who is average or a moron.
>>
>>29772603
>>29772603
>3/4 of the people score below 85
confirmed for being retarded

Here's how percentile tests are scored: 85 means that 85% of people scored worse than you did on the test.
>>
>>29772396
tfw i graduated with a 2.2 and got a 96 asvab and a 29 ACT
i am smart yet retarded
>>
>>29772885

Shit GPA but good test scores means you have shit study habits and/or are lazy. That's pretty common.

Too bad being dumb with good study habits/work ethic is way more valuable than smarts backed up with no ability to apply it to work/school.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 27

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.