[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where's the best place to shoot a grizzly bear? Heart, lungs,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3
File: bear_broadside.gif (31 KB, 471x300) Image search: [Google]
bear_broadside.gif
31 KB, 471x300
Where's the best place to shoot a grizzly bear? Heart, lungs, or high shoulder. How powerful of a round do I need to break both shoulder blades?
>>
The answer is nowhere. I am not against hunting at all but Bears should never be hunted. Big game predators should never be hunted. They dont reproduce like other hunted animals.
>>
>>29455031
That doesn't mean that predators can't be overpopulated you fucking idiot.
>>
the dick

prove me wrong
>>
>>29455031
>Bears should never be hunted.
says the white kid living in suburbia where they've already been hunted and are not a threat to your life or livelihood
>>
>>29454988
Head. Use rubber bullets to stun. Then a large caliber pistol bullet to finish the job.

Do not shoot with regular bullets because it might enrage the bear.
>>
>>29455103
Girl bears
>>
File: 1396428650184.gif (3 MB, 565x318) Image search: [Google]
1396428650184.gif
3 MB, 565x318
>>29454988
The best place would be in the fucking head
>>
>>29455212
girls have dicks too aon
>>
>>29454988
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIZi8aL_FGs
>>
>>29455233
This video shows proper shot placement with arrows.
>>
>>29455225
Fuckin dropped
>>
Head >Heart > Lungs > Shoulder

>How Powerful a round?
-If you can afford a rifle (size and weight factors) I would go with a minimum of .308
-If you are limited to a handgun, get the biggest caliber you can.
>>
>>29455031

This is for self defense purposes, dummy.
>>
>>29455225
>>29455260

Don't bears have this bullet resistant skull or something that can ricochet small rounds?
>>
File: 1396301310209.jpg (117 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
1396301310209.jpg
117 KB, 1024x576
>>29455283
then use a large round?
>>
>>29455283
Yes they do.

A few years ago a boy scout camp near California highway 4 was visited by a single large bear.

This bear stayed near the camp for several days prompting the nearby park ranger to deploy a large caliber rifle as a backup because his revolver was too puny.

Bear made three attempts in one day to get near the lunch area. Park ranger made a call and pumped two rubber bullets into the bear and 5 large slugs into its side.
>>
Always shoot inside of her pussy duh otherwise the point of fucking bears?

Also, by the way, are you the cuckold soft cocked son of a dried whore who was talking about shooting brown bears in the H&K thread the other day?

>>29441395

it's me you autistic slab of brown flesh. I'm glad you upgraded to something that could actually pose a threat to you. Jesus Christ fuck I hope that destiny has something interesting in store for you.

This is a meme post. CRINGE
>>
>>29455283
Yes. From what is gathered from /k/ and the internet, a bear skull will defeat .50 BMG.

You need 20mm in order to penetrate bear skull. And even then, it has to be angled right.
>>
>>29455186
not who you were responding to but the wolf population being decimated has had a profound negative effect on the ecology of north america has a whole. Big predator die offs are a problem.

If you have to defend yourself, fine, if you are doing it for jollies, you are part of the problem. It's like when people used to shoot Buffalo from train cars without caring. We are stewards of nature, we have weapons to protect what is ours.

We all own the wilderness.
>>
>>29455393
If he owns the wilderness then why can't he shoot it?
>>
>>29455393
Wolf populations are being reintegrated into ecosystems that they were hunted of, but they still have to be managed just like every other animal we live around. Conservation officials decide how many tags should be issued/sold every year based on population sizes. If we just let wolves fuck and kill things (like they're want to do.) they would pose a huge danger for wildlife, livestock and people. In California they have to literally hire people to go around and kill mountain lions so they're populations don't swell causing them to roam into populated area and kill people and their pets.

Nature is rarely able to balance itself out after humans knock it all out of whack.
>>
>>29455270
If you don't have the drop on something that fast, center mass and hope is all you can really plan for.
>>
>>29455523
>Nature is rarely able to balance itself out after humans knock it all out of whack.
on the contrary, its exceedingly efficient at it. the problem is the possible damage to property or the loss of biodiversity.
>>
>>29455480
if you own yourself etc
>>
>>29455393
get fucked, hippie. Wolves get out of control if they're left to their own devices. They repopulate quick, with a 30% increase each year, this means the population doubles every few years.

They're a huge problem to farmers, and suburban shits like you are the reason they're a problem.

Im all for having wolves in national parks and such, but they're a huge fucking problem when suburbanite assholes want to ban all hunting on them because they saw way too many disney movies.
>>
>>29455551
thing is, humans are also a part of nature. And if we let nature be nature, and expect people to take no part of it, it'll lead to starvation.
>>
>>29455631
Not the one you responded to, but nature always seeks ecological equilibrium. This is true of every species, including wolves. When wolves were deliberately and recklessly removed from America, it caused prey species like deer and elk to become overpopulated, which resulted in overgrazing, which caused erosion, which harmed aquatic species and birds, etc. etc. The loss of wolves also caused coyotes to replace the wolves' ecological niche. Removing a species from an ecosystem is like pulling a card out of a house of cards. It causes a chain reaction that destabilizes the ecosystem until it finds equilibrium again, but that takes time. This isn't some hippy bullshit. It's science.
>>
>>29455727
Every species has periodic famine. It's part of natural selection.
>>
>>29454988

>Where's the best place to shoot a grizzly bear?

Probably in the woods.
>>
>>29455728
well, i'm not talking about REMOVING the wolves, just keep them under control. This involves hunting them. You can't just let nature regulate themselves, if humans are going to be a part of it. And considering how little uncultivated land is left, we need to get food from every possible source.
>>
>>29454988
From a high location
>>
>>29455229
b..b..but if they have dicks wont they be males? I thought only males have dicks.....those that makes traps male as well??
>>
>>29455375
this
Bear skull has equivilant armor to 400mm RHA, and sits at a 60 degree slope when the bear has it's head down and is charging you at 80mph
>>
>>29455225
Nah he missed...elephant did a tactical dive to dodge the bullet.
>>
Apex predators don't repopulate the same as most other species. Since we do not need them for food other than very few areas of the world or certain tribal populations, they should not be hunted. Hunting them for any other reason than survival is something a shitty human does.
>>
>>29455393

Bison.

We don't have Buffalo in America.
>>
>>29455480
Fucking destroyed.
>>
Sawed off or a stubby, no need to aim.
>>
>>29454988
In the head is where you want your shot to land. You want to be away from people and whatnot in case your shot only pisses off the bear so it won't panic and go after a third party.

Btw, what is up with 4chan today? It has a Google+ vibe to it now that feels really awkward.
>>
>>29455393

Not agreeing with you, but you do have a point that wolves are running a bit low globally; I mean, there are less than a billion right now.
>>
>>29457577
>1 april
>>
All these hippie fagits confusing hunting with poaching.
>Muslims have the right to butcher animals halal and beat women
>whites ppl shouldn't hunt, it's barbaric

Get fucked. You're just mad you can't hunt granola.
>>
>>29454988
>Where's the best place to shoot a grizzly bear?
In the woods.
>>
>>29455229
>>>/lgbt/
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.