[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
AFP modernization and force expansion #02
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 8
File: pa.jpg (203 KB, 480x320) Image search: [Google]
pa.jpg
203 KB, 480x320
Previous thread >>29334815

Ongoing asset expansion and combat capability upgrade for the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP), both to counter external (PRC) and internal (both commies and secessionist rebels)

>AW-159 wildcat to complement aw-109 for ASW duty
>2 ex-USCGC Boutwell from USA
>2 modernized C-130T to bolster PAF tactical transport capability
>LCH (landing craft) from Australia
>more M113s from USA via EDA

Other than that, AFP are also looking for more capable MPA to complement TC-90 MPA from Japan. Both EADS C-295 MPA and Bombardier/Elbit Dash-8 MPA are considered.

Other than that, the army is looking for new helmets for the infantry as they are just not enough combat helmets for everyone.
>>
File: 6P9TSfIWjS-Vwu.jpg (179 KB, 1208x903) Image search: [Google]
6P9TSfIWjS-Vwu.jpg
179 KB, 1208x903
Landing crafts for PN
>>
Helicopter Carrier for PN
>>
2 additional C-130 for PAF
>>
File: Boutwell-719_zpsmrrcsc9x.jpg (58 KB, 752x423) Image search: [Google]
Boutwell-719_zpsmrrcsc9x.jpg
58 KB, 752x423
ex-USCGC Boutwell for PN
>>
File: guntruk.jpg (96 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
guntruk.jpg
96 KB, 1024x768
>>
What will happen to modernization if Edgy Commie Davao Mayor wins the presidential election?
>>
>>29354174
To hell?
>>
>>29354174
PAF procures B-52s for bombing drug lords

Manila is on fire in 6 months

Cebu secedes
>>
File: chinese_navy_ships.jpg (248 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
chinese_navy_ships.jpg
248 KB, 1200x800
Those are some nice islands you've got there

It'd be a shame if something happened to them
>>
>>29354034
The Philippines considers itself the only military power in Southeast Asia, equal in most respects to major countries like China and Japan. They are the only ones opposing China.
>>
Does this mean that blow job prices will go up ?? I hope not. Little gook whores need money too.
>>
>>29354034
Hey flipbro, taga ka saan?
>>
>>29354318
Honestly after living in Metro Manila for two years, i'm ok with this happening.
>>
>>29355137
>Phillipines
>Military Power
This is their navy.
>>
Corruption is already a Filipino way of life. None of the projects will be completed.
>>
File: image.jpg (17 KB, 220x175) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17 KB, 220x175
>>29355177
I see what you did there
>>
>>29354034
its always cool to see the flips run around with m16a1, m60s, and m14s.
>>
>>29355194
When I lived in Palawan there was an AF/Marine installation on the Island. I would see them driving around in dually 1 ton Cummins trubo diesel Dodge Rams with 20 guys in the bed. They would be carrying the gnarliest assortment of gear from M60's, to M14's, the occasional Garand, and of course plenty of M16a1's.

Then the American boys would roll buy in Humvee's with their modern kit and it wasn't the same.
>>
>>29355966
Do the flips ever have a bunch of old jeeps or during the "good ol days" of subic bay? Do they still have em?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.