[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
AFP modernization and force expansion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 16
Nowadays the Armed forces of the Philippines (AFP) is in its aggressive mode to rearm and transform themselves into a capable conventional, network-centric forces, in the light of growing chink expansionism and neo-colonialism, as well as putting the armed forces in its rightful place; as the top dog of South East Asia

Among ongoing modernization programme (which is carried out under the Horozon initiative):
>new, state of the art R4 assault rifle
>new body armor
>new Korean-made LMG
>new armored vehicles(ACV-300, AV4) to complement existing fleets of M113s and V150)
>new Israeli 155mm howitzer
>at least 4 state of the art frigate to replace WWII vessels
>2 helicopter carrier/LHAs from Indonesia
>AW109 ASW helicopters
>MPA from japan
>F/A-50 multirole/maritime strike aircraft
>Sokol helicopter to complement UH-1s
>new transport aircraft (c-295, C-212) from indonesia

Is there anything else that are needed?To match hordes of PLA vis a vis might be a tall order(if not downright impossible), but having a MAD capability (like Taiwan) would be good enough
>>
That isn't "Present Arms." They need a bit of training in Drill and Ceremony.
>>
>>29334815
Brown chinks are fucked m8.

The worst part is y'all be easy for them to genocide since y'all are darker and the chicoms specialize in extermiating minorities like most authoritarian countries.

Should've stayed an American territory. You'd be a state by now with fucking nukes and one of the highest standards of living in the world. Though you'd probably have a lot less brown locals admittedly.
>>
>>29334920
Whats wrong with brown people?
I think brown Asians are pretty attractive desu
>>
File: KAI_FA_50_Camo.jpg (82 KB, 953x588) Image search: [Google]
KAI_FA_50_Camo.jpg
82 KB, 953x588
>>29334815
Half-Flip with family over there, I think you're overstating the modernization so far.
>R4 assault rifle
This isn't anything spectacular, its a Remington made M4. Then again given the condition of most of the older M16s in the AFP's arsenal, its an improvement
>New body armor
About damn time, when I visited I didn't see any soldiers with body armor. I'm guessing these will be given to frontline troops in Mindanao first and then start making their way to the rest of the AFP
>New Korean made LMG
They're adopting the K3?
>New armored vehicles
They're going to have to get something better than upgrade M113 variants
>New Israeli 155mm howitzer
They're only buying a handful
>At least 4 frigates
Well that's a start, but they need plenty more than that
>2 Heli carriers
Sauce on that?
>AW109 ASW helis
Not bad
>MPA
What is that?
>FA-50
There's only 12 of them so far, and while they've got a pretty interesting camo scheme going the Philippines will need a hell of a lot more than 12 modern jets to adequately protect its airspace.
>Sokol helicopters to complement UH-1s
How many are they getting?
>New transport aircraft
Good, they need more considering the need for troops/materials to reach various islands within the Philippine island chain

>Anything else that are needed
A lot more is needed, namely
>Actual ATGMs
>Any sort of modern SAM system since they don't fucking have any right now
>Any sort of Anti-ship missile system since like above, they currently don't have any
>More modern planes
>More modern ships
These are essential for an island nation like the Philippines. Until the AFP modernization process really gets the ball rolling and the generals get their corrupt heads out of their asses then measures like the ones you mentioned will be of limited value. The goal isn't to take the Chinese head-on, its to deter/delay them long enough for a US response.
>>
>>29335325
>things not to say on /pol/: Example 1

But seriously, my point was that their different appearance would make it easy for the native flips to get cracked down in any chinese occupation which really hampers guerilla action. As we've seen in the reverse when chinese guerillas were crushed in Malaysia by the Brits as the brown Malays targetted the chinese communities easily which racked up the pressure.

And my other point about them staying a colony of America was a comment of how they would be in a better position against Chinese aggression if history was a bit different. Even if the cost would be an 'Anglo'-cized Phillipines with like a hundred million whites and a lot less natives who'd probably die from colonization problems and disease. And I reckon most flips probably aren't a fan of that cost.
>>
>>29336520
>This isn't anything spectacular, its a Remington made M4. Then again given the condition of most of the older M16s in the AFP's arsenal, its an improvement
The fuck? Instantly thought Vektor didn't even know this exists.
>>
File: tooreal.jpg (95 KB, 580x735) Image search: [Google]
tooreal.jpg
95 KB, 580x735
>>29336605
>things not to say on /pol/: Example 1
>respecting/caring about the opinions of a containment board

It sounds like you're giving them the choice to either be crushed by Chinese or assimilated by Americans, similar to what happened to the native Americans. Pretty shitty options man.
>>
>>29336991
Its somewhat confusing, I initially also thought of Vektor when I first heard about it but it Remington does indeed market M4's as R4's.
http://www.remingtonmilitary.com/Firearms/Carbines/R4.aspx
Either way this is an improvement since an assload of the AFP's M16s are either A1s or 'Nam era pieces that are getting along in age.
>>
>>29337067
Guy from
>>29336520
Here. My grandfather was actually of the opinion that remaining as an American colony for another decade or two would've been a good thing due to the fact that most Flips speak English reasonably well and that a lot of Flips see America as a something to strive for, or at the least copy. When I was there last summer the American flag was the 2nd most popular flag I could see. A lot of this stems from America being somewhat less harsh than the Spanish during their occupation of the Philippines and the shared blood spilt during WW2 kind of sealed that relationship.
>>
>>29337067
Oh getting assimilated ain't that bad.

The Phillipines would be waaay more advanced and white.

And China wouldn't fuck with it.

Everybody wins.
>>
>>29337130
>More white
I rather doubt it. Are Guam and Puerto Rico more white as territories? As I mentioned here
>>29337119
I could see it as a sort of mutual agreement so that the Philippines can better itself to some degree while we reinforce our position in the Pacific.
>>
File: tumblr_lzak3xQnhe1r1s0ej.jpg (19 KB, 400x290) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lzak3xQnhe1r1s0ej.jpg
19 KB, 400x290
>>29337153
>Are Guam and Puerto Rico more white as territories? As I mentioned here

>tfw i'm half Puerto Rican (dad) and half Filipino (mom)
>people say its hard to tell my ethnicity and racial background
>anxiety of filling out paperwork that asks my ethnicity and racial background
>puerto rican kids don't want to hang out with me at school since I don't speak spanish or like hiphop and reggaeton
>I don't hang out with flip kids as most of them are awkward and weird
>mostly hangout with other mixed race kids like Black-Koreans or Irish-Japs
>life is suffering

T-Thanks mom and dad!
>>
>>29337153
Guam and Puerto Rico are missed opportunities.

If only we went full lebensraum....
>>
>>29337504
>there are people who will negate your experiences and intentionally have mixed race kids just because they're "cute"
>>
>>29337504
I got off kinda lucky being half white half flip. When I'm clean-shaven I look mostly white, but as soon as I start growing any facial hair people usually believe I'm Hispanic.
>>
>>29334815
>A109s as ASW

fucking what? They have such a short time on station and struggle to carry 6 people. You would be much better off with an A139 or larger to accomodate any meaningful capability.

>Jap MPA

I'm assuming this is referring to the P1 which is a fantastic aircraft, a much improved capability over the P3 and half thr price of the P8 for little trade off apart from the Poseidons optics suite.

It asks the question why they dont just use the P1 as MPA and ASW as it is capable of both and drop retarded heli asw ops
>>
>>29337530
By the time we annexed them it was a bit too late to go full removal. Interest in moving there wasn't that high and its probably better off to have them just as territories.
>>
File: Smug doge.jpg (84 KB, 512x401) Image search: [Google]
Smug doge.jpg
84 KB, 512x401
>>29337504
>outside of actual Filipinos and people who are around Filipinos, people always have trouble guessing my ethnicity
>just blurt out I'm Iranian for maximum trolling
>mfw

>>29337119
Fucking missed opportunity to stay as an American territory for a bit longer. Longer and larger US presence would have meant more military and economic aid. Then at the very end, the Philippines would have still gotten its cake as independent due to being too fucking large and far away to be a territory.
>>
>>29336605
Hurr durr. No you dumb fuck polster. Malaysian here. Chinese are jews 2.0. They go where the money is. The Brits and us gave the Chinks FREE nice modern houses with electricity, plumbing and proper toilets. The catch is they had to register and live in a gated community. They fell for it like the yellow jews they are. Now, their commie brethern are cut off from food supplies and new recruits. Then we picked then off one by one while dangling pardons and FREE houses for any that snitches their comrades in. That was how we defeated the commies. Hearts and minds and wallets.
>>
Do the SEA countries work alongside aechother and train together? You would think so due to their mutual interests in keeping China out of their territory. On their own they probably arent that impressive but if Vietnam, Malaysia, Phillipines, Thailand etc pulled their militaries together do they stand a credible defense against China?
>>
>>29337892
AFAIK there's some joint exercises every once in a while and there's been talk of a sort of ASEAN military pact, but so far there's nothing concrete. Even if they did pull together China still has the edge in tech, naval, and air power. However if the SE Asian nations did band together it would give the Chinese some pause regarding sea expansion.
>>
>>29334815
Formation in full kit? Fuck all that noise!
But for real, though, good on them for upgrading their shit. It's not every day you replace something from the 1940s, though.
>>
>>29334815
Flips always talk big, but then China restricts the import of Flip bananas on "safety" concerns and them flips stfu real quick.
>>
>>29337824
>brown muzzie chink gets angry and calls ethnic cleansing of yellow jew chink hearts and minds
>when I clearly said the chinese were picked off and their communities targeted.

Like why are you arguing, I'm using your victory as an example of why ethnic conflict works. Are you still butthurt europeans colonised your country or something, because that shit was a while ago.

Calm down allahsian.
>>
>>29338147
Well apparently they're going to have to do so in the near future since most of my family over there are growing increasingly concerned with China. Given that Subic bay may be re-opened as a US naval base soon, I think that the Chinks have more to worry about.
>>
>>29337824
You "defeated" "communism" by being a worthless sack of shit third world country nobody gives a shit about. Let's be honest here, no one gives a shit if malaysia just fucking disappeared one day.
>>
>>29338289
Worried about what? Subic bay doesn't matter from the PLAN perspective because Yokohama and Okinawa exists. Guam can launch strikes with B2s while staying out of reach from the majority of PLA ground based assets.

I hate to break it to you, my half flip friend, but the philipines is basically a pawn in the Sino US pacific rim chess game, and make no mistake, you will be a lamb led to slaughter if this escalates into a true modern war.
>>
>>29334815
they need to fucking drop all of that small arms and infantry shit
those things are only going to get lost due to graft and corruption

they need to quit spending money on useless stuff and get in on the A2AD shit:
land based anti ship and anti air systems
those things are huge and hard to "misplace"

also they need to fucking check china's hold on their fucking economy
>>
>>29338432
>lamb lead to slaughter
I highly doubt that considering I was born in and live in the US of A, and I'm not looking to change that anytime soon.
>Philippines is a pawn
Understandable, but I would see this pawn's usefulness increase rather than decrease in the near future. I am fully aware that the Philippines could not in any way match a full-on war with China and that help from the US is the only assured way that its territory can currently be held. Still I would prefer if the Philippines start to carry more of its weight by investing in more concrete defense options such as SAMs and anti-ship missiles.
>>
File: image.jpg (370 KB, 1272x1152) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
370 KB, 1272x1152
>>29334815
>state of the art R4 rifle
>>
>>29338500
>they need to fucking drop all of that small arms and infantry shit
>those things are only going to get lost due to graft and corruption
they actually need that to fight the milfs
>>
>>29337824
>this level of autism
>praising genocide of ethnic groups

If China ever comes for y'all to get some revenge, enjoy being alone
>>
>>29338017
There is enough hate between them to forgo such an alliance.

Malaysia is 30% Chink, Indonesia is controlled by them, Flips are way too pro-American, and Viets like me are still ruled by the Commies. Singapore is neutral and will always remain so for ethnic/monetary reasons.

China mainly has beef with the Flips and the Spratlys, and us over the Paracels.

We also dislike the Taiwanese because they would be and have been as bad as the Chinks.
>>
>>29334815
Flipfag here
>Military parade comes in
>it ain't me starts playing
>>
>>29338289
Subic Bay is far less important than it used to be. Only purpose for it is the SCS now that there are more Chinese forces in the area, but for the most part it'll be a forward logistics base.

The Chinese much rather own the SCS islands, if all they give up is Subic bay.
>>
>>29337559
I had mixed race children because I love my wife, you faggot.
>>
>>29339542
Good for you, I wasn't talking about you. You seem awfully sensitive about throwing away your genes though.
>>
>>29340251
Different guy, but what's wrong with mixed children?
>>
File: think.png (12 KB, 408x286) Image search: [Google]
think.png
12 KB, 408x286
Which is the most hated SEA nation?
>>
>>29340582
Philipines, no questions asked. They are called the Mexico of Asia for a reason.

Everyone looks down on them.
>>
>>29340866
Indonesia not in the running?
>>
>>29334920
ChiComs have a pretty bad record at genocide. There are a lot of Tibetans on Chinese financial assistance right now.
>>
>>29340882
Indonesia is too fucked up to really prick people these days.

Flip foreign policy is pretty fucking autistic, from my Chinese perspective, of course.
>>
>>29340882
No, Indonesia is a relatively prosperous country.

Everyone is either prosperous (i.e. Singapore, Malaysia) or irrelevant (Laos, Brunei).
>>
>>29340942
You forgot vietnam, newfriend
>>
>>29340903
>From my Chinese perspective
What do you mean? Logically the Philippines is more likely going to side with the US over China due to longstanding historical ties, for better or worse.
>>
>>29338373
Didn't stop the yanks from sending almost half a million troops and spents literally trillions of dollars in Nam
>>
>>29339106
Let them come. Besides would the US let the chinks to get hold of the most important shipping route in the world?
>>
>>29339178
>indonesia
>controlled by malaysia

Kek we have bigger army military than them, bigger economy than thrm, larger population than them and most importantly, we got our independence earlier an them
>>
File: Capture.jpg (119 KB, 898x611) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
119 KB, 898x611
>>29336520
>heli carrier
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarlac-class_landing_platform_dock
>MPA (maritime patrol aircraft)
http://www.philstar.com/headlines/2016/03/10/1561509/government-lease-5-japanese-aircraft-maritime-patrol
>Sokol

>pic related:flip marines with korean LMG
>>
>>29341650
Well that's a start in force projection, hopefully they'll expand upon that.
>>
File: IMG_20160227_184629.jpg (148 KB, 1229x995) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160227_184629.jpg
148 KB, 1229x995
>>29340544
>what's wrong with mixed children?
>>
>It's fucking nothing
China or the Aussies will curbstomp you if/when the going gets tough
>>
>>29341894
China I could understand, but what the fuck do the Aussies have to do with the Philippines?
>>29341893
Is there something more you'd like to say?
>>
>>29341750
the AFP shouldn't being trying to project force, their military should focus on defending their country
>>
>>29341912
It's white ruled world anon, don't be surprised when the Aussies practice a little Anschluss on their shitskin neighbours
>>
File: xjolo[1].gif (47 KB, 1019x967) Image search: [Google]
xjolo[1].gif
47 KB, 1019x967
>>29334815
How can the AFP confront China when it can't even control Jolo, an island less than 900 km2?
>>
>>29341925
Part of defending an island nation and its naval territory is projecting force over said territory.
>>29341932
>Aussies practice a little Anschluss
Is this some sort of joke? Have you seen Australia today?
>>
File: china-map-6.jpg (544 KB, 1200x1651) Image search: [Google]
china-map-6.jpg
544 KB, 1200x1651
As long as they stay out of the South China Sea.
>>
>>29341949
Jolo is good for getting money out of the people.
>>
>>29342060
+0.50
>>
>>29337530

>fourth largest country in the world taking over tiny islands for lebensraum
>>
>>29342060
That's a rather expansive claim there mr fiddycent
>>
>>29341578
Not when your economy(banking and finances,commodities), telecommunication, energy, infrastucture are being controlled by malaysian companies (both private and state-owned). Hell they even bought used clothes fom malaysia

They said malays are one of the lost jew tribes. I don't know if that's true, but looking at how the malaysian have been exploiting and plundering indonesian economies, I tend to believe that's the case.
>>
>>29342060
Impressive
>>
File: 1635017_-_main.jpg (64 KB, 752x423) Image search: [Google]
1635017_-_main.jpg
64 KB, 752x423
>>29337587
>The weaponised versions carry two 12.7 mm machine gun pods, each with launchers for three 70 mm laser-guided rockets. The aircraft can also be configured to carry a sonobuoy dispenser for anti-submarine warfare operations.
>Once operational, the helicopters will boost the Philippine Navy's maritime surveillance and combat capabilities

http://www.janes.com/article/53730/philippine-navy-prepares-weaponised-aw109-helicopters-for-deployment-on-frigates
>>
File: TC-90-6819.jpg (45 KB, 512x354) Image search: [Google]
TC-90-6819.jpg
45 KB, 512x354
>>29342965
MPA from Japan

http://www.janes.com/article/58672/philippines-confirms-plans-to-lease-japanese-tc-90-advanced-trainers
>>
New NC-212i for PAF
>>
>>29341650
Looks like an M60E6. Am I missing something?
>>
>>29341565
I didn't realize the Philipines lies near the hormuz strait.
>>
>>29341550
Because muh nomino theory, and the fact that SOVIET RUSSIA AND COMMUNIST CHINA WERE INVOLVED.
>>
>>29341650
>that one guy with steelpot helmet

Kek even when it's for photoshoot and they're supposed to show the best equipment they had, their poorfag-ness still shown
>>
>>29342155
With all the fishing rights, and all the oil rights, and plenty of shoals that could be built up into island bases.
>>
An actual quantity of all this stuff, especially fighters.Some light tanks to respond quickly to an amphibious landing, and a competent air defense.
>>
>>29345162
Most of which the Philippines can't afford
>>
File: FightingFilipinos.jpg (130 KB, 474x675) Image search: [Google]
FightingFilipinos.jpg
130 KB, 474x675
The Philippines was so bro-tier in WW2. The only period in history were I can say I'm proud to be Filipino.

Too bad shit went down hill from there. Should have never gain independence and should have strived for statehood and become Hawaii 2.0. those nationalist fags over there were all
>muh colonialism
>muh independence
>muh racism
lot of good it did. didn't want to be controlled by Americans, huh? ok. fine. instead, end up with Marcos who was controlled by Americans anyway and let him steal from the national treasury. I doubt even the most shitbag potential governor of a hypothetical state of The Philippines could have done worse damage than Marcos.

but fuck it. I'm a West Coast Americanized Filipino so, I don't really give a fuck about that impoverished shithole.
>>
>>29337119
>American flag was the 2nd most popular flag I could see
there was some study done that said something like Filipinos love America more than Americans love America
>>
>>29346805
The worst was the "America go home" of the 90's, and the renegotiation of treaties with higher rent. Then a volcano erupted and the Americans decided to go home.
Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.