[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Silencers might be de-regulated >Automatics might be
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 207
Thread images: 29
>Silencers might be de-regulated
>Automatics might be de-regulated
>Obongo is on his way out

Feels good
If automatics were just as easy to buy as Semi autos are, what would you buy first?
>>
>>28322136
>>Silencers might be de-regulated
>>Automatics might be de-regulated
lol no
>>
Conversions first up. Beyond that, anything I'd buy normally, except automatic.

I'd like a micro uzi.
>>
>>28322139
Not particuarly hopeful on the Hollis v. Holder but the Hearing Protection Act actually has a decent chance of passing becasue it actually makes sense in regards to shooter saftey.
>>
>>28322139
never happening, once something becomes regulated/banned it pretty much stays that way forever
>>
>>28322181
The powers that be have shown complete disregard for shooter safety. Some have indirectly suggested that shooters burning their hands is a good thing.
>>
It'll never happen, but if it does, silencers for my current funs then auto receivers.
>>
>>28322187
>once something becomes regulated/banned it pretty much stays that way forever

You mean like alcohol?
>>
>>28322195
I know where you're going with this but alcohol is a consumable and guns aren't.
>>
>>28322200
>guns aren't consumable

/k/ will find a way
>>
>>28322217
We just need to hook up with Los Zetas or Sinaloa Cartel.
>>
>>28322181
Nothing that benefits the shooting sports -- and by extension a largely conservative community -- has a hope in hell if any Democrat has a say in it. It's that polarized and that politically weaponized and that bad. And if it did, the Stupid Party would sabotage it.

Saul Alinsky is looking up at us from hell and laughing his ass off at us.
>>
Has any banned weapon ever been un-banned by the feds?
Inb4 the Clinton AWB, there was an expiration date on that
>>
>>28322279
ATF opens up the machine gun registry once in a blue moon for dealer samples. Last i remember they did that for some HK rifles.
>>
>>28322289
Want ump 45
>>
>>28322309
Some dealers have them but you? nope.
>>
File: 1449807055015.png (1 MB, 930x1200) Image search: [Google]
1449807055015.png
1 MB, 930x1200
dont worry anon, he will make gun rights great again.
>>
>>28322289
Uhhh, no they don't... There's a separate registry for dealer samples or something like that, but they are not added to the regular registry
>>
>>28322195
You mean like the 1994 AWB?
>>
>>28323799
Well, that was a built-in sunset, and allowing the sunset to happen was the only positive of Dubya's administration.
>>
>>28322136
Heck, I don't even care about automatics. Silencers need to be free. I'd sooner be excited if SBR/SBS/AOW laws were thrown out since they're the least logical of all.
>>
File: 1448259163921.gif (211 KB, 480x320) Image search: [Google]
1448259163921.gif
211 KB, 480x320
>>28322228

Quints almost achieved
>>
im going to be honest, I love guns just as much as everyone else in here, but I dont think that automatics should be de-regulated.

I know the vast majority of murders come from stolen and black market handguns, but think about if it was easy to own an automatic firearm. Eventually those are going to get into the hands of criminals whether it be through a robbery or a straw purchase.

As an option, Something like the current NFA process for obtaining a machine gun might be acceptable for new machine guns.
>>
https://youtu.be/Mpqiq-FHDV4
>>
>>28322136
>>silencers

Ask me how I know you are a nogunz faggot.
>>
>>28323883
Ask me how I know the same of you.
>>
File: wonka.gif (985 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
wonka.gif
985 KB, 500x281
>>28322187
>once something becomes regulated/banned it pretty much stays that way forever

Like weed or black people and certain establishments
>>
File: when you so close to hexes.jpg (364 KB, 1200x989) Image search: [Google]
when you so close to hexes.jpg
364 KB, 1200x989
>>28322228
>>
>>28323956
They haven't seriously been called silencers in 50+ years, as your picture demonstrates, nogunz
>>
>>28322139
It's a judicial ruling and right now it's a district court, which is very hard for ruling parties to directly influence.

It is very easy for the court to be bribed or otherwise coerced, which may be something that's coming from anti-gun groups, as well as people who already own registered machine guns.
>>
>>28322441
>New Yorker
>donates money to Schumer, Hillary, Reid
>respects gun rights

This is what Trumpfags actually believe.
>>
>>28323865
Get out
>>
>>28323865
it bothers me like crazy but I think if we managed to get autos deregulated that might be enough to tilt the gun control slant back towards the 90s mentality and lose us all of our progress. I get worried with suppressors too even though some European countries allow them without trouble. I know they don't make guns silent but your average person doesn't know and the media could run crazy with it.

By the way 'military grade rifles' will be a lot harder to dismiss if we're being freely sold autos. Goddamn I want an auto for a reasonable price but I'd hate to see the media coverage when some autist on 10 different mental drugs unloads on a crowd with a drum AK that was purchased legally and cheaply.

It makes me feel dirty because I am so opposed to new gun laws but I really don't want some of the retards at the gun store buying full auto.
>>
>>28322136
Open bolt 10/22.
>>
File: 1420212818935.png (76 KB, 662x413) Image search: [Google]
1420212818935.png
76 KB, 662x413
>>28323865
>>
>>28324157

I'd be OK with reopening the NFA registry and raising the cost of a Class 3 stamp to maybe $400-$500. Though you just know that they'd use that as an excuse to raise the cost of stamps on suppressors and SBR's as well.

I know how you feel. I think we're in a pretty good place with about 20 years of gradual pro-gun activism bearing fruit (CHL's expanding, guns OK in national parks, no AWB) but I question whether the next steps should be things like going after the big targets like deregulated NFA items or other things like the executive action import bans.
>>
>>28324192
Import bans have the biggest effect on me because I'm a dumb slavaboo and I'd rather promote free trade of arms than have the ability to dump ammo I don't have at the berm.
>>
>>28324017
Not him, but
>SilencerCo
>>
File: IMG_0117.gif (76 KB, 482x412) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0117.gif
76 KB, 482x412
>>28324192
>taxation of rights
You see the little "X" in the upper right corner of the window? Please click it.
>>
>>28324227
Id prefer the import bans and AOW/SBR rulings. That way we can have ammo for everyone, and I can get my 14" AR with telescopic stock. :D
>>
>>28324231
Makes supressors
>>
>>28324017
Aren't those goalposts a bit heavy to pick up and move around like that?
>>
>>28324247
No, they make silencers. The legal term for a gun muffler.
>>
>>28323883
The inventor called it a silencer:
http://www.google.com/patents/US916885#v=onepage&q&f=false

The ATF calls them silencers:
https://www.atf.gov/firearms/firearms-guides-importation-verification-firearms-gun-control-act-definition-silencer

Suppressor is for try hard mall ninjas.

Start calling them mufflers.
>>
>>28324157
This. All of this. The only good thing about current regulation of autos, suppressors, and sbr is that the very vast majority of people, even within the shooting community, are rather ignorant about availability, legality, and the tax stamps. I can't even recall the number of times I've heard random jackasses in gun stores asking about getting their machine gun license.
>>
>>28324235
You don't have an unlimited right to arms, deal with it nerd.

>but shall not be infringed
Yeah, like congress shall make now law abridging the freedom of speech. Walk into a movie theater and yell "fire" or go start a blog about how we should go out and shoot all Muslims right now and let me know how that goes for you.

Your rights have limits, this has been ruled time and time again, pretending like they don't doesn't help anything.
>>
>>28324427
>equating right to bear arms with inciting panic/riots
Get fucked statist.
>>
>>28323865
I really hate to admit it, but it is way too premature in the fight to bring back the alpha-and-omega of ownership, free FAs. We're only starting to gain back ground we've lost from decades of bad policy. For the first year in the history of an NY Times poll, 50% of the respondents do not support "assault weapon" bans. That's the first time there's been a minority of support for an AWB since they've administered this poll. People are just kind of starting to see the light, and are just starting to get that semi auto =/= full auto and would be foolish to ban such an old and common feature.

Going for the jugular and demanding full autos before we look at any of the other prohibited items, like SBRs/SBSs/AOWs and silencers, would be foolish. We can win with these smaller items, which are basically cosmetics. People can get that. Jumping right to FAs would cross the red line a lot of people still hold about full-giggle weaponry. Then they'd come against the pro-2A movement and paint us as unhinged extremists, setting us way the fuck back all over again. Our foothold would be gone.

We're living in a period of highly partisan us-vs-them rhetoric, and any plays you make need to be gravely considered in the light of how the opposition would frame and discredit them. Hearts and minds, so the saying goes. Small nudges made people accept these gun control laws, small nudges can be used set them right again without appearing too dogmatic to be relatable.

The time for FAs may come again, but we must be patient and not become the greedy blowhards we're up against.
>>
>>28324438
>I'm not entirely sure what mechanisms are used to judge what limits can be placed on my rights
>better just call him a statist
It's okay jimbo, you have all the tact of a dull rock, the political clout of a wet fart, and a 2nd grader's understanding of the constitution, but there are people who have all of those things who will protect your rights for you.
>>
>>28324427
>Eurotrash detected
You obviously haven't read the Bill of Rights, have you?
It clearly states:
"Congress shall make no law [...] abridging the freedom of speech, [...]"

And as we all know:
"[...] the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

If you have at least a 2nd grade education, you can read what is written, as clear as crystal, that the rights enumerated in the Constitution are absolute.
>>
>>28324485
>literally not understanding the difference between using a right vs. abusing a right
Good ad hominems there though. Clearly took you a bit to think that stuff up, full marks for effort.
>>
>>28324427
This. The constitution also protected the right to own slaves, and for only rich white land-owning men to vote. Things change. Eventually, the USA will ban semi-automatics, like the rest of the civilized world.
>>
>>28324563
If the rest of the civilized world is jumping off bridges and burning down their cities, should we as well?
>>
>>28324563
I know this is probably the wrong board to say this, but I would trade assault rifles for the right to weed at the federal level. I think its a compromise that would actually have enough political capital to happen.

I have an AR but almost never shoot it, most of the time its handguns and shotguns when I go to the range.
>>
>>28322136

There are too many rich fags that have too much money tied up in full autos for them to EVER become de-regulated.

The rich fags that own the $100,000 machine guns give too much money to the NRA for the NRA to be willing to let everyone have full funs.

They will put on a good public face and say they are fighting for full funs. but behind closed doors that will be the first they they offer to get rid of to make a deal.
>>
>>28324579
Trading rights for other rights is wrong. You have a bad opinion. Report for reconditioning.
>>
>>28324525
>If you have at least a 2nd grade education, you can read what is written, as clear as crystal, that the rights enumerated in the Constitution are absolute.
Which is why I said you have a 2nd grader's understanding of the Constitution Jimbo.

Your rights are not absolute, they have limits, and the government can legally limit your rights, this has been ruled time and time again, and I challenge you to find a Supreme Court ruling that says differently.

You can whine and shitpost all day about "shall not be infringed" but it doesn't change the fact that at the end of the day you are beholden to a legal system that can, will, and has restricted your rights. If you choose to continue to be ignorant of that system and how it works, don't start be surprised when one day your gun rights are restricted to a bolt action .22.
>>
>>28324544
>ad hominems
They're not though, gun laws fall under the same standard as laws restricting freedom of speech.
>>
>>28324017
silencertalk
silencerco
silencertests
etc.
>>
>>28324631
>ad hominem
>thinking I'm referring to the differences between the rights of speech/arms
OK, you've clearly just thrown the rod in the lake at this point.
>>
File: 1446947302233.jpg (17 KB, 310x311) Image search: [Google]
1446947302233.jpg
17 KB, 310x311
>>28324291
>try hard mall ninja
>>
>>28324563
>The constitution also protected the right to own slaves

...no, it didn't. There was an ongoing debate about this during the Convention, and it was more of a "We're not going to say one way or another, but society will decide what makes a free man, and these rights are the rights of free men" than "Amendment 0: Own slaves, make bank."

It recognized the right to property. Whether other humans counted as property was never written.
>>
File: 1451006847179.jpg (303 KB, 900x828) Image search: [Google]
1451006847179.jpg
303 KB, 900x828
I hope we get legal full-fun and so on. But if we don't, hopefully it'll push the Overton Window in the right direction.

>>28324087
Exactly. Now, Ted Cruz on the other hand....

>can't ruse the Cruz

>>28324427
>Walk into a movie theater and yell "fire"
https://popehat.com/2012/09/19/three-generations-of-a-hackneyed-apologia-for-censorship-are-enough/
(On a higher level, exceptions to freedom of speech are clearly enumerated and have been stable/decreasing since Chaplinsky v New Hampshire at the Supreme Court level, although Lord knows lower courts and the legislature happily get up to some egregious, treasonous fuckery when they get half a chance.).

>>28324448
Fair point. I think there's value to having some shock troops, though--if nothing else, to make the rest of us look reasonable by comparison.

>>28324563
>let's all lie back and enjoy getting tentacle-raped by Cthulhu

>>28324579
I'd make that trade as well...if you could get illegal semi-autos as freely and easily as with as little risk of punishment (and as mild punishment when you get caught) as you can illegal weed. Otherwise, you can take your weed and firmly insert it up your asshole.
>>
>>28324610
>because the supreme court says so it must be right
Not quite, friendo. Why wouldn't and entity of the government rule in favor of the government restricting your rights? The only one ignorant of the system here is you. The true power lies with the people standing up and saying 'enough'. Not a few hundred people saying 'we are the law'. This country was founded by people who were tired of statists like you, taxing them, infringing upon their rights. But, to no surprise, people like you are filtering your way through the woodwork, eroding others' rights as you go. You are fundamentally wrong and, given enough time and pressure on the wrong people, will be eradicated so that equilibrium can be restored.
>>
Full retard krinkov
>>
>>28324563
Wrong. The constitution simply doesn't outright ban slavery until the 14th amendment. It also never mentions who had the right to vote, only that certain positions will be elected by a vote. The several states made laws regarding slave ownership and voting eligibility within their own borders until the passage of amendments that codified those rights at the federal level.
>>
File: Hillary-Clinton.jpg (79 KB, 800x532) Image search: [Google]
Hillary-Clinton.jpg
79 KB, 800x532
>>Obongo is on his way out
>>
File: image.gif (430 KB, 500x278) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
430 KB, 500x278
>>28324772
Save it for your next militia meeting jimbo. I'm sure you guys will toss of the shackles of the American government any day now.
>>
>>28324850
Why are you even on /k/? It's obvious you aren't even from the US, let alone care about the restoration and protection of a fundamental right. It's time for you to stop posting.
>>
>>28324107
FA serves no sporting purpose. It will only further destabilize our gun rights.

SBR and SBS laws are bullshit however. Concealing a rifle/shotgun just means you can get closer before someone notices. If you are so worried about concealment you are just gonna use a handgun. At point blank range, it really doesnt matter if you have a pistol or rifle.
>>
>>28324850
>displaying this much defeat publicly
>>
>>28322136
You're delusional if you truly believe this.

They would decriminalize crack and heroin sooner than they would do that shit.
>>
>>28324889
When will you fudd fucks get it through your head that nowhere in the 2nd does it say anything about arms needing a sporting purpose.
>>
>>28324889
>guns can only into sporting or hunting purposes
>>
>>28324864
>why are you even on /k/
I own guns and gun accessories.

>obvious you aren't from the US
Shouldn't you be a little worried that somebody outside of the US knows more about your constitution then you if you really believe that?
>>
>>28324889
I always wondered why gun grabbers didn't offer to deregulate SBR's in exchange for some law that gives them a chub.

SBR laws are absolutely retarded and pointless, why not use them as a bargaining chip?
>>
File: 1444331165938.jpg (143 KB, 900x652) Image search: [Google]
1444331165938.jpg
143 KB, 900x652
>>28324864
This tbqh
>>28324850
Go back to where you came from /fa/ggot, it's apparent that you think a governing body is in the right to restrict your inalienable rights. Go tell someone else about how civilized your country is and how they rank higher on a highly subjective freedom scale.
>>
>>28324933
Because they're gun grabbers, their ultimate goal is to abolish firearm ownership entirely. If they cared about reducing crime they'd be attacking our broken economy, criminal justice system, aging infrastructure, shitty education, and all of the other factors that make people resort to a life of crime.
>>
File: 1449319241440.png (17 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
1449319241440.png
17 KB, 625x626
>>28324932
>claims to know more about the constitution
>your previous posts determined that was a lie.
>>
>>28324579
Fuck that, I want my AR and legal weed. Not an inch!
>>
File: image.jpg (159 KB, 800x810) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
159 KB, 800x810
>>28324907
You mean like every anti government militia types dowhen they hop in their trucks and drive home from their meetings on taxpayer funded roads?

Or how about when they go to the store and buy groceries vetted by the FDA. Same for any kind of medication.

Or shitposting on the Internet for that matter. You guys have got to be mad knowing you're constantly getting rekt by the state.
>>
>>28324932
>Shouldn't you be a little worried that somebody outside of the US knows more about your constitution then (than* ftfy) you

It's obvious you aren't from the US because you know very little about the Constitution and the purpose it serves. You have been consistently trying to advocate for the erosion and revocation of fundamental rights. And lastly, you've been highly confrontational when someone tells you that you're wrong.
>>
>>28324768
>Fair point. I think there's value to having some shock troops, though--if nothing else, to make the rest of us look reasonable by comparison.

Agreed. It can't be the banner of the campaign, but it can be a helpful fringe element to make the other ideas look appealing. Door-in-the-face bargaining done right.
>>
>>28324917
>we want full autos to fight the govt.
yeah good fucking luck with that statement.

The only reason the Military style rifles havent been banned is because the serve a "sporting purpose". Thats the whole basis of the arguments. If you say you want FA unbanned to fight against the govt, nobody will take you seriously.

Im going to be honest here, I dont give a fuck about standing up against the government. I love collecting and shooting firearms. These laws impact my hobby. You're delusional if you think a fight against the government is going to come down to whether the civilians have machine guns or not.

Idiots like you want everything deregulated, which isnt going to happen. If we take full autos off the table, bargaining for SBS and SBRs will be a hell of a lot easier.

I wrote this quickly and its probably full of logical holes but fuck it
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 1200x689) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 1200x689
>>28324939
But I'm from America anon. I don't need to talk about how great my country's freedoms are. I can however objectively see that there are in fact limits to those freedoms.

>>28324962
>believes his rights are inalienable
I'd agree with you apart from the fact that there are public obscenity laws, laws governing speech, laws allowing the government to deprive you everything from your property to your freedom, and not to mention all the laws limiting the right to guns.

It's an objective fact anon, you live in a society which legally limits your rights. I don't know why you're having such a hard time with this.
>>
>>28324579
That's not a true compromise.

>cocksucking Feds arbitrarily ban X
>"We'll unban X if you let us arbitrarily ban Y. Come on senpai, compromise."
>>
>>28324979
Now pro-gun means anarchist? Those goalposts must be pretty heavy anon.
>le funni misspeld wordwall anime reaction
Just leave. It's clear you bring nothing but bait.
>>
>>28324983
>>28324983
Oh no, I know exactly what purpose the Constution holds. It's to provide a structure for the government to follow and how it's business should be conducted. If you want to get more specific the Bill of Righrs enumerates several important individual rights and limits the government from infringing upon those rights.

Also I'm not advocating for the erosion of rights, I can just objectively see that there are limits on those rights. It doesn't mean I agree with that, just that it's true.

>you're being confrontational
On 4chan? No! Never!

>You're wrong
I'm still waiting for someone, anyone to point me to a court case saying that the government can never limit your rights
>>
>>28325025
Holy shit, did no one teach you reading comprehension?
Where on earth did you pull 'fight the govt with FA' out of 'the 2nd doesn't have a sporting clause'?
Then you proceed to calling people idiots for wanting their rights back?
Wow, I feel for you, I really do. You are a sad little man who thinks it is fine if people eat your cake.
>>
>>28325025
>If we take full autos off the table, bargaining for SBS and SBRs will be a hell of a lot easier.
That's not bargaining.

It's like thinking "The bully only took my lunch money, better not say anything in the hopes that he doesn't give me a swirly too."
>>
>>28325105
anon you're delusional. please stop

>well regulated militia
>>
>>28325095
You want a court case? How about the document the country was founded upon using language like 'shall not be infringed' or 'congress shall make no law abridging'.
Basically >>28324525
Your use of 'I can objectively see, blah blah' does not mean you are correct, or even remotely correct. It is a pathetic attempt at putting oneself on a higher pedestal to establish pseudo-authority. Stop. 'Shall not' is cut and dry and no amount of goalposting will change that.
>>
>>28325034
We're arguing different things, you assert that there are in fact many limitations to rights, as seen in other rulings that do place limits on rights.
I'm asserting that those rulings are unconstitutional.
>>
>>28324000

machine guns are never coming back and neither are silencers, if anything gun rights will slowly start to get knocked off when more beaners fill up the country and start voting in democrats to the house.
>>
>>28322187

>Clintons 10 year assault weapon ban of 1994

you retard, you are as bad as the activist and progressives who dont educate themselves on subjects before they speak.

go back to reddit
>>
>>28325126
A well balanced breakfast, being necessary to the start of a successful day, the right of the people to keep and eat food, shall not be infringed.
Who has the right to eat food? A well-balanced breakfast or the people?

Well-regulated meant well-equipped.
And Militia: The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard.
>>
>>28322200
Implying that means anything. Bullets are consumable. Bullets got banned like 7n6. BTFO
>>
all this arguing and I just want an MP7 and a Sig 552 commando.
>>
>>28325126
>well regulated militia
"The right of the PEOPLE to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

"The People" always refers to individuals every time it's used in the Constitution. Unless you think the states have the right to peaceably assemble or the right to be free from warrantless searches and seizures.
>>
>>28325149
Great, you have the constitution, then there's a whole body of legal work that interprets the constitution and decided the rights laid out in it are not absolute.

See
Schenck v. United States, 249 U.S. 47 (1919)
Chaplinsky v. New Hampshire, 315 U.S. 568 (1942)
Roth v. United States, 354 U.S. 476 (1957)
United States v. Miller, 307 U.S. 174 (1939)
Just to name a few famous cases. There are several hundred more which all more or less prove the point that the government can limit your freedoms.

>>28325158
Okay, I'm not saying that that opinion is wrong, but it's not recognized legally. Which is my point, at the end of the day we are subject to the laws of the United States and should be aware of how those laws work.

We can all dream about how a day when the government won't be around to regulate weapons, but it's probably not going to happen anytime soon.
>>
>>28325250
>Schenck v. United States, 249 U.S. 47 (1919)
OPINION DISCARDED

Schenck was bullshit and has been repeatedly over-turned.

Schenck v. US said that criticising the draft was illegal.
>>
>>28325081
Sssh... use simple english for the simple minded.
>>
>>28322228
We've seen tremendous gains in dozens of states throughout the length of one of the most fascist and totalitarian presidents of all time, though we have had a setback with Virginia refusing to accept CC permits from a number of other states. Lose the defeatist attitude.
>>
File: 1450752446038.jpg (54 KB, 500x329) Image search: [Google]
1450752446038.jpg
54 KB, 500x329
>>28324485
>replying to ad hominems with more ad hominems.

Never change /k/
>>
File: image.jpg (119 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
119 KB, 600x600
>>28325269
Schenck has not been overturned. While parts of it have been overturned the central ruling still stands. You can be prosecuted for criminal attempts even if they're carried out solely through expression. And what's more that certain forms of political advocacy can be prosecuted.
>>
>>28323865
If you think that a fully automatic firearm is somehow more dangerous than a semi-automatic firearm then you don't know anything about anything.
Aside from suppressing fire, which you can accomplish just as well with a semi auto, and CQB Sub Guns used in combat situations a fully automatic is disadvantageous compared to a semi-auto.
>>
Holy shit, look at the U.S. Tons of "assault weapuns" but still the best country in the world. Ultra limiting and restrictive un laws don't make a country more civilized.
>>
>>28325334
https://popehat.com/2012/09/19/three-generations-of-a-hackneyed-apologia-for-censorship-are-enough/
>>
Is it wrong to not want the deregulation of FA weapons?

I do not want the average American to own a full auto rifle.
>>
>>28322136
I will buy a bottle of richfags tears, should be plentiful as the asspained richfags watch their 20,000$ m16 lowers value drop by 99%
>>
>>28325374
Why not?
>>
>>28325315
>tremendous gains in dozens of states
Washington, Oregon, New York, Connecticut. Plus the fast-growing move towards municipal gun control now that the Supremes have refused to address them. LA has a standard cap ban, as does Sunnyvale. Several cities won't let you order ammo online, which violates the Commerce Clause but stand anyway. A Chicago suburb has its own pet assault weapons ban. Fuck, even MIssoula, MT wants a ban on private sales.

This is where our enemies are putting their efforts and their dollars -- at the local level. They ran into a roadblock federally, so now they're doing the community-activist thing. And it's working. Nevermind Hillary is openly talking about overturning Heller. They were WRONG about the 2nd Amendment, she says. And with two or three more libtard Supremes on the court, the blue-state fascists will get their way in every legal battle to go that far -- and not just in firearms.

I'm not being defeatist. I'm putting on my tech pubs/QA goggles and looking at the world around me. Anyone who is not stockpiling and thinks it can't happen to them is on fucking drugs.
>>
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 480x320) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 480x320
>>28324485
>>
>>28325381
Would you agree or disagree that full auto rifles are inherently more dangerous than semis?
>>
>>28324291
>The ATF calls them silencers:
Siting any of ATF bullshit as fact? Really Anon? Really?
>>
>>28325416
Disagree. They're not inherently more dangerous.

They still don't go off on their own.
>>
>>28325444
Thats true, but lets be realistic. A person with a full auto rifle would be more dangerous than an identical person with an identical semi auto rifle.
>>
>>28325479
Not really
>>
>>28325374

I don't want most people to be able to own any guns at all or be able to vote. That's the fun thing about America, it's not the bill of needs or wants it is rights. It affirms God given rights.
>>
>>28325479
No
>>
>>28325087
Anarchists get a bad rap but if people read a little they would realize that anarchy is not a complete loss of organization. Rather it is a rejection of any and all forms of authority with a flat, socialist, worker-led organization i.e. commune or trade union in it's place.
>>
>>28325416
Disagree, unless you're a Navy SEAL or right on top of your target. I watched a handful of full-funz owners line up a few years ago at a public shooting range and let fly at targets maybe thirty feet away, and none of them could hit jack or shit.
>>
>>28325479
Nah. The FA person is a lot more likely to miss.
>>
>>28325494
How can you reject all authority but still have a trade union or a commune or whatever?

I'm not saying anarchy will not work, I'm saying by it's own definition its an impossibility. As long as there is more than one person, there will be an order; a government. Maybe not codified or complicated, but it will exist.
>>
>>28325387
You know what I think? I think that if Hillary gets in and pushes hard, you will see the largest swelling of people on the fence joining the pro gun movement. I have yet to hear anyone actually say she is a good person, even her "supporters."

Most average Americans would see her do this and think "crap, i know she is corrupt. I wonder if she is going to do something even worse now."

I am positive about the future. No matter the law, it can be overturned later. Look at the growth of the support for the gun community after the AWB. That woke up a lot of people on the fence. Any crazy law anti gun people push will just strengthen us in the long run.

These municipality laws are a desperate retrenching. They were trying that in Missouri, but the state made a law nulling all municipal bans on guns and ammo.

"No county, city, town, village, municipality, or other political subdivision of this state shall adopt any order, ordinance or regulation concerning in any way the sale, purchase, purchase delay, transfer, ownership, use, keeping, possession, bearing, transportation, licensing, permit, registration, taxation other than sales and compensating use taxes or other controls on firearms, components, ammunition, and supplies except as provided in subsection 3."
http://smartgunlaws.org/local-authority-to-regulate-firearms-in-missouri/
>>
>>28325494
That's not what the word 'anarchism' means. That's the ideology of a spectrum of people in favor of decentralization, small tight-knit community, and general self-determination. Those people typically refer to the idea as 'anarchism,' but it is not. 'Anarchism' is a complete and total lack of any form of governing or policing body. Your example of a trade union would be the governing body.
>>
>>28325211
Most people like alcohol because "it's not designed to kill people" just like we don't ban cars either. Legislators aren't rational.
>>
>>28325025
M8, either we shall hang together or we shall all hang separately. The reason you can have what you have is that
>idiots like us want everything deregulated
and have spent the last twenty years pushing things in that direction. Conversely, "reasonable restrictions" are always salami-slicing incrementalist bullshit designed ultimately to deprive you of your ability to own guns.
>First they came for the full autos, but I didn't have a full auto, so I didn't speak up.
>Then they instituted an AWB, but I was a fudd, so I didn't speak up.
etc etc etc.

>>28325346
My nigga

>>28325387
REEEEE
>>
>>28325586
I think you underestimate the extent to which the blue-state fascists have the system rigged.

Keep an eye on Portland's gun ban, which is clearly and explicitly in defiance of Washington state law. It's been upheld once. Watch what happens on appeal.
>>
>>28324017
Holy shit you're just digging yourself a deeper grave. Cant wait for winter break to end so you kids stop spewing this shit
>>
>>28325434
>>>>>>>>r/guns
>>
>>28324448
This is the most sensible thing to do.

It's much easier to make a case for the other shit on the NFA registry than full-auto.
>>
>>28325494
That's not anarchism, anon, that's anarcho-communalism.
>>
>>28322181
Hollis v Holder will fail because they are going to lose the Constitutional Argument when it should have been about bureaucratic mismanagement
>>
>>28322136
>what would you buy first?
If the prices bottomed out, HK94 with a Fleming Sear.

Other than that I'd just be registering new machine guns and lightning links.
>>
>>28322195
>You mean like alcohol?

Even limp wristed hipsters like to get drunk.

No matter how stupid it is and they are, most people inherently react differently to these two statements:

>Firearms, tools that people can directly use to murder other people, which I do not own, should be banned.

>Alcohol, though involved in some incidents of violence, is not a tool used to directly murder someone when it is being used for it's intended purpose.

To many people those two statements are agreeable.
>>
>>28325814
I'd be ecstatic just to get the full auto registry back open.
>>
File: pat on gun control.png (84 KB, 1595x567) Image search: [Google]
pat on gun control.png
84 KB, 1595x567
>>28326179
This, unfortunately.
>>
>>28325250
>not recognized legally

I'm not interested in unconstitutional laws unless I'm in public, anon. There are other anons who have explained that a government making rulings to further their own power and weaken potential adversaries/dissenters doesn't make something right.
>>
>>28326191
Incrementalism. The same strategy anti's have been using on us since '37.

We can't go whole hog and try and take everything back at once, we just look like radicals that way. What we can do, is use facts and logic (which, believe it or not, are on our side) and make it so they have no platform.

Full-autos are a really bad issue to start on, because it's a contentious issue even among most gun owners.

Doing things like, pointing out that the media's portrayal of suppressors is false, and that they have many beneficial applications like hearing protections, while also showing that in countries (like the U.K.) that have less restrictions on suppressors, their use in crime is still negligible.
>>
>>28325479
>Thats true, but lets be realistic. A person with a full auto rifle would be more dangerous than an identical person with an identical semi auto rifle.

Yeah, like those two guys who killed literally the entire police department in the North Hollywood Shootout.

Those two faggots in Miami in 86 didn't do shit with their semi auto Mini 14 and pump shotgun.
>>
>>28325586
>They were trying that in Missouri, but the state made a law nulling all municipal bans on guns and ammo.

Doesn't Washington State have preemption?
>>
>>28325025
>You can literally not shoot targets with an automatic, they have no sporting purpose!
Oh no
It's retarded
>>
I'm for universal access to firearms, but we should control ammo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuX-nFmL0II

It's funny, and really makes you think. I think we could get this legislation passed.
>>
>>28326342
Yes. And my best guess at this point is it won't matter.
>>
>>28324768
>Cruz
I challenge you to find one instance of him admitting he failed. The man has accomplished none of his goals in congress, and blames all of his defeats on others. Literally a narcissist.
>>
>>28326416
That was my point.

Washington State has preemption on firearms, and yet Seattle passed a "Gun Violence Tax".

>>28326396
>but we should control ammo:
>Citing Chris Rock as an authority on anything but being less funny than Dave Chappelle.

>>28326376
He's right in that only we are going to be in favor of deregulating FAs because most people don't know (including that anon) that there are sporting events for FAs annually around the US.
>>
>>28322136
>If automatics were just as easy to buy as Semi autos are, what would you buy first?
Glock 18
>>
>>28322136
i would form 1 a sten and a kp31 if the hughes amendment gets shot down
>>
>>28326447
>The man has accomplished none of his goals in congress, and blames all of his defeats on others.

At least his goals don't involve donating money to the unholy trinity of gun grabbers.
>>
>>28326449
>Gun Violence Tax
>yet nobody would support a Drunk Driving Tax on alcohol or Heart Disease Tax on red meat
Because guns are made to kill people, despite 99.99% of gun owners not being killers? Are we going to take money from gun owners for not killing people to pay for medical care for negligent fatasses who've had 2 heart attacks by 35? These taxes are pretty bullshit.

Anybody have a statistic on the percent of crimes are committed under the influence or while intoxicated?
>>
>>28325025
>If we take full autos off the table, bargaining for SBS and SBRs will be a hell of a lot easier.
Retard, you're literally negotiating against yourself.
>>
>>28324979
>taxpayer funded roads, muh FDA, etc
last time i checked they didn't have the choice to not pay for those roads either you fucking moron.

you ever think maybe that's why they're anti-government? because they're forced to pay for shitty services?
>>
>>28322136
>If automatics were just as easy to buy as Semi autos are, what would you buy first?

KP31 or a MP40
>>
I just want SBRs and cans
>>
>full auto is harmless because you'll miss all your shots!
Holy lol, the sour grapes are real. If you'd ever actually shot one you'd understand that full auto fire at defensive ranges, when concentrated on a single target, results in its complete devastation.
>>
>>28327144
Now you've wasted a whole mag on one target, good job. A carrying civilian turns around and caps you while reloading. Deaths: 2, including shooter.
>>
>>28327247
You're delusional.
>>
>>28324583
What are you talking about? Every single Machine Gun owner would line up and say hell yes to more Machine Guns. An original Thompson is not going to lose in value to a new knockoff, no matter what the difference in price. If anything, the guns which have value (Vietnam Bringback AK-47's, Original FALs and a whole bunch of other classics) are going to go up in value because now they have significance outside of practical value.
>>
>>28325712
Portland is part of Oregon. You mean Oregon's ban, which if it is anything like what has happened in Nevada means that the first time it goes before a judge it will be thrown out because State law has primacy over Municipal and County law. Even if the law never leaves the books and it still goes to court every time no Judge will uphold an arrest based on a faulty law unless they want to bring it into a very bad appeals situation.
>>
>>28327247
>"oh, a guy with a gun is holding up someone else. What ever"
>guy shoots him with a burst of 5-6 rounds of .223
>"OH SHIT, THAT GUY HAD A FULL AUTOMATALIC GUN. I BETTER GUN HIM DOWN BECAUSE HE COULD HURT ME EVEN WORSE THAN WITH ONE ROUND"

Are you actually autistic? Or are you just
>le pretending guise
Because you're pretty retarded.
>>
>>28325712
XD
>Portland
>Washington state law
Do you mean Vancouver? Or are you retarded too?
>>
>>28325720
He is right, though. Just because a brand is named after something that is an old name, doesn't mean we use those terms now.

Its called a suppressor. Because it only suppresses the sound. You know, to a safe decibel? Like SilencerCo advertises?

He is an autistic fag though.
>>
>>28325712
By the way, you have been here as a tripfag just as long as I have been here anonymously. You are literally one of the worst tripfags ever. I mean, Squid/SAOperator/LEOconstanblewhatever was bad too but you pretty much take the cake for worst tripfag. I mean, all I wonder is if you even realize how long you have been here and how many other tripfags are gone. You literally are a dying breed of faggot and I applaud you really, have you ever considered retiring and joining all of us anons again? Maybe then I wouldn't have a brain aneurysm everytime you said something retarded, or maybe I would think my fellow anonymous are retarded and still seize up... I don't know.
>>
File: faggotlol.jpg (94 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
faggotlol.jpg
94 KB, 400x400
>>28322136

>source please
>oh wait OP can't
>mfw
>>
>>28324085
>as well as people who already own registered machine guns.

The worst kind of traitors, if true. However, I don't think it's true. I have $10-15k invested in transferable FAs, but I would be ECSTATIC if this went through!
>>
>>28322309

>Implying HK gives a FUCK what a civilian customers want.
>>
File: 1449019089942.gif (257 KB, 245x205) Image search: [Google]
1449019089942.gif
257 KB, 245x205
>>28324427

Please die.
>>
>>28327755
How did I know you were talking about Phil without even looking?
>>
>>28327587
>>28327620
My brainfart. I was thinking of Seattle's tax regime on all things funz.
>>
>>28327667
I still prefer to call them silencers, if only to avoid confusion with flash suppressors.
But whatever you call them, it's still just a muffler for a gun.

As for restoring gun rights, as several anons have said, they were taken incrementally, we have to take them back incrementally. Nothing scares people more than sudden change. Silencers are fairly easy, we actually have a public safety argument for them to avoid hearing damage for both shooter and others in proximity. SBR/SBS are also fairly simple as, like the AWB, the matter is largely cosmetic. FA is a bit more difficult as they actually are a bit more deadly if misused and may take a while convince people that they can trust themselves with them.
>>
>>28324427
>Walk into a movie theater and yell "fire"
Yet you can say fire all you like.
How odd.
It's almost as if what you're saying isn't being restricted, but, trying to incite the public into a panic which you know will cause harm is what is being restricted.

Like.
If you point and scream without saying anything intelligible and start running out of the theater in a panic and cause a panic, you will be charged the same as if you yelled fire.
:)
>>
>>28324427
>"fire" in a crowded theater
That's equivalent to firing into the air or going out in public and drawing on random people.
>>
>>28325095
>If you want to get more specific the Bill of Righrs enumerates several important individual rights and limits the government from infringing upon those rights.
It's clear you are unaware of the entire bill of rights.
Especially:
The 9th.
>>
File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (114 KB, 600x769) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
114 KB, 600x769
>>28326223
>RPG's are illegal, you dont see them being used
ok...
also just so you know this is in Chicago :^)
>>
>>28328820
>deac tube
>doing anything but look cool in a bedroom
Fuck, you are retarded.
>>
>>28322136
The world would be a LOT different if that kind of thinking actually had any scale behind it.

Just because shit's on the table doesn't mean it's going to happen. You don't know even 10% of the shit congress discusses and shoots down without a second thought
>>
>>28328844
I dunno, his bong kinda sucks, maybe you could make a better one out of it.
>>
>>28328844
how can you tell it's deac?
>>
File: 1316459875732.png (265 KB, 334x393) Image search: [Google]
1316459875732.png
265 KB, 334x393
>>28328906
>>
File: the peanuts gang.png (437 KB, 522x381) Image search: [Google]
the peanuts gang.png
437 KB, 522x381
>>28323883
>HURR SILENCERS ARE WRONG BECAUSE THEY AREN'T TOTALLY SILENT
>HURR SMOKELESS POWDER IS WRONG BECAUSE IT ISN'T TOTALLY SMOKELESS
>>
Does anyone feel like we're fucked anyway
>election year fucks up prices
>if trump wins he might change his mind about gun control
>if Hilary wins we'll have another awb with no end
>>
>>28328996
what happened to all that "vote from the rooftops" talk on /k/ all the time?
>>
>>28329027

just like with "from my cold dead hands", but the moment a gun ban comes around they're first in line at the turn in station.
>>
>>28322136
>Automatics might be de-regulated
people aren't actually this stupid, right?
>>
>>28329027
>vote from the rooftops" talk on /k/ all the time?
>I'll vote from the rooftops after I finish eating McDonalds and watching The new Star Wars :-)
>>
>>28326067
>when it should have been about bureaucratic mismanagement
You have no idea what you are talking about.
>>
>>28322222
>>
anyone know what the status of the Hearing Protection Act is? should I call my representatives?
>>
File: 1374622695482.jpg (46 KB, 450x338) Image search: [Google]
1374622695482.jpg
46 KB, 450x338
>>28322441
Trump supported an AWB in one of his books in 2000. Source below:

http://www.ontheissues.org/Celeb/Donald_Trump_Gun_Control.htm

Now we need the Cruz missile to stand with Rand for the dynamic duo of freedom. They could take turns. 16 years of crushing the opposition.
>>
>>28325479
It's almost like recoil isn't significant on full auto weapons
>>
>>28322187
guns, alcohol, weed, negroes
>>
>>28322200
Well, I definitely wouldn't mind if you bit the bullet
>>
>>28323865
>"automatics shouldn't be deregulated!"
>expensive as fuck to feed, hard to control or use accurately without training, practicality is lessening with modern military
>>
>>28322136
Might as well buy a full auto if they were de-regulated since yous till have the option for semi-automatic with a full auto gun.
>>
>>28325387
>even MIssoula, MT wants a ban on private sales.
Which will never happens since there is a Montana law that prevents that law from being passed or enforced but you are not from Montana so you wouldn't know this.
>>
Probably a supprwssed tacticool 10/22. No ryme or reason. I just want one
>>
>>28324007
Shit
This makes me feel extremely weird
>>
>>28328996
Trump can't win. Support him if you want to see Hillary in the Oval office.
>>
>>28322136
I'd build a full auto ar, because it's a lot cheaper than buying a full auto FAL or MP40.
>>
>>28330497
Motherfuckers just don't understand how based this state is.
>>
>>28330497
Dad lives in Hamilton. I know your state laws. Both of us are increasingly worried that your state laws are no longer proof against purchased political clout in an increasingly lawless society.
>>
>>28323865
Most illegal full autos are norinco-built weapons smuggled across the mexican border. that's why I can get a full auto ak from mexico for about $200 cheaper than a legal calicucked ak. I can also get it quicker than said calicuck ak.

Criminals will stop using said firearms when non-criminals shoot back with them.

Also, gtfo you full auto "i have a collection to protect" faggot.
>>
>>28324427

8=====D---- C: <----- you
>>
>>28324850
>using the name of a beloved Simpsons character as an insult
>more than once
>>
>>28327947
>The worst kind of traitors, if true. However, I don't think it's true.
These are the people who have hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of LL and DIAS.

Fun fact, there are more transferable auto sears for FNC rifles in the US than there are FNC rifles, because anyone with enough money bought a shit load knowing they were going to grandfather.
>>
>>28326067
>Hollis v Holder will fail because they are going to lose the Constitutional Argument when it should have been about bureaucratic mismanagement
They're fighting on both fronts.
Either the court agrees that the registry is open for trusts and every man and his dog who can be bothered to do a bit of paperwork can own cheap as fuck full giggle guns - OR - they agree that the BATFE has violated the constitution by attempting to enforce the NFA provisions against machine guns and make the NFA unenforceable.

Sure, the court could easily rule that BATFE was entirely in the right, due to an argument of "Muh Feels" and "Go fuck yourself, private citizen", but they have a really good shot of at least chipping into the NFA.
Thread replies: 207
Thread images: 29

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.