[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Objective Gun Description
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 15
File: recorded targets.jpg (355 KB, 2048x724) Image search: [Google]
recorded targets.jpg
355 KB, 2048x724
Let's describe the actual gun in 3 sentences or less, how they shoot; not their owners, memes etc... Just your impression from shooting them, kept short.

I'm a sig fag but I rented a bunch of 9mm guns today, here's what I thought of the guns I shot today:

>CZ P-09
Hated how it felt and the slide riding in the frame made it slightly harder to pull the slide back but I got the best groups of the day with it, better than my Sigs even.
>Walther PPQ
Had the best trigger on any striker fired gun I've ever shot, grouped well enough, thought the top of the back strap was a tad thin.
>XD mod2
Was the only gun I kept shooting high and to the right with and I thought "Grip zone" graphic was stupid; hated it.
>CANIK
For $399 retail, it's a pretty damn good gun but it did not group that well for me; 3" group at 21' when I shot it.
>Legion SAO 226
The match grade trigger is insane. I accidentally double tapped once and shot the first round before I meant to (on target though).
>Ruger American
Didn't like the reset or the grip, thought it did a surprisingly bad job at managing recoil.
>Legion DA/SA 229 (Mine)
The combat trigger is good but not as impressive as the SAO, not all as impressive but still gives good groups (pic related).
>Sig 320 compact (Mine)
Great trigger but the ppq trigger is probably better. I shoot it almost as consistently, but not quite as consistently, as the 229 Legion.

Sorry if nobody finds this useful; would love to hear objective one sentence impressions of other guns people have from shooting them.
>>
>Glock 19
Uninspired in every sense of the word but it works.
>Glock 27
Needed the pinky extender on it for follow up shots. It's a snappy little bastard.
>629
A lot of fun but too big and heavy for conceal carry and expensive to shoot.
>Walther p22
Stovepipe after stovepipe
>Walther ppk
Not any better than a Bersa 380 and the sights are super tiny.
>HK p2000
Extremely accurate gun and the factory sights are good.
>S&W Shield (with extendo)
Surprisingly easy shooting and extremely accurate gun in my hands.
>sp101
Annoying to clean as you have to completely strip the gun to clean under the cylinder and 5 shots are very many. It was pretty easy to shoot though, the added weight for it's size helps.
>Glock 29
Same dimensions as Glock 30. Nothing else to say about it really, heavy gun.
>FN 5.7
Giant hunk of plastic shooting a little but easy to control bullet. It was easy to put quickly put multiple rounds on target.
>Bersa 380
Nice little gun but over priced these days. It's easily controllable and concealable and easy to clean.
>Kimber Ultra Carry 2
Would not cycle if I put too much oil on the rails.
>Springfield GI
Military sights suck and the gun was kind of rough. I guess it worked for $500 but an RIA gun would probably be better, IDK.
>Ruger 1911
Nice shooting, nice trigger for the money. I would buy this one if I were going to buy a 1911 and could find it ambidextrous.
>Ruger KP95
Holy shit that's cheap feeling plastic. The gun is a brick.
>Diamondback 380
The trigger feels like a DA trigger because of the rotating action. Nice enough shooter, would not buy.

I don't know man, only bump for me.
>>
File: avatar-stephen-lang-coffee-mug.jpg (26 KB, 319x289) Image search: [Google]
avatar-stephen-lang-coffee-mug.jpg
26 KB, 319x289
*sip*
>>
>>29978182
Nah, this is neat.

Remington R1 1911: Roughly made. Do not recommend.

Springfield RO Compact: A bit of a handful but a sweet shooter.

CZ 75 P01: Like a slightly wider glock 19. Great shooter despite a meh trigger and comically tiny sights.

SIG P226: Nothing was really wrong with it but it didn't fit me well. Very disappointing stock trigger.

HK P30: Garbage trigger, otherwise fine.

HK VP9: Great grip contour, poor texture. I bought one and it's been great through 2k rounds.

Glock 19: A perfectly sufficient handgun. It doesn't get as much credit as it deserves for being as brain-dead simple as it is. The frame shape is also well suited for a good thumbs-forward grip. Poor stock grip texture though, even on the Gen4.

Glock 22 RTF2: Hands down my favorite grip texture. It's magic.

Springfield XDM 9mm: Weirdest trigger ever. If you like a rolling break, this is your gun.

Walther PPQ M2: Great trigger, felt a little snappy. Slightly smaller than the VP9 but otherwise basically the same gun.

S&W Pre Model 10: Everything you need, nothing you don't. I love mine to pieces. Good trigger, tiny sights, very soft shooting.

S&W 686: It's pretty much *the* 357 for a reason. Big and heavy, but a smooth shooter. I want the SSR model.

SCAR 16: It's fine. Soft shooting, but it's a 5.56 gun with a good brake. I wouldn't get one.

FAL: The one I used was surprisingly unreliable. Also really heavy. Not a huge fan.

Tavor: It recoils a little funny but I'm a fan. The one I tried was riced out with Geissele stuff though.

S&W Shield: Easier to shoot than expected. Kind of a crappy trigger.

M&P9C with Apex kit: Oh man is this nice. Thicker than I'd carry but with Trijicon HD sights it's one hell of a carry piece. Very controllable, good ergos, good capacity.

PS90: Fun, no recoil to speak of. Laser accurate.

FS2000: The fishgun actually shoots pretty well. Soft recoil, but the forward ejection must be annoying to reloaders.
>>
>>29978917
>S&W Shield: Easier to shoot than expected. Kind of a crappy trigger.
The only shields I've shot had the safety and the trigger was great IMO. There is the no safety version which I would probably need as a lefty, if that the trigger you mean? I haven't tried that one but have not heard good things.
>>
>>29976694
what the fuck you literally copied my thread >>29971785 you fucking nog
>>
>>29978971
I think it was a no-safety version. It's definitely better than a stock M&P9 trigger, but I found it to have a really vague reset. It's just a training issue but I found rapid follow up shots somewhat difficult.
>>
>>29978182
>G19
>uninspired
you realize that well over half of the current striker fired production guns on the market right now are unabashed hamfisted clones of the 17 and 19 right

>Buck Mark II
mediocre rimfire, firing pin issues abound
>P22
If you don't plan on keeping it clean, don't buy it. otherwise, it's ammo preference issues are severely overstated
>Zastava M77
Shit stock mags. literally the shittest stock mags. other than that, it's one of the funnest .308's I have fired
>FN five-seven
Bought it, had second thoughts, somewhat regretted spending so much money on it, then I fired it and it's probably the funnest gun I own. Fun caliber, fun gun, and it's fun laying 20 shots from a handgun in succession that have the blast and report of 5.56 and watching people's faces.
>MK23
The bigness of the gun doesn't do anything to mitigate recoil. I have huge hands, so it fits me but if you have small hands, don't buy one. even if it's your dream gun. you won't have fun firing it.
>Glock 23
The first gun I ever bought, don't regret it at all. as much as I've tried to hate glocks, I just can't. Extremely well made, with an action almost as smooth as my 92FS
>Walther PPS
Essentially a vanilla single stack 9. Recoil is snappy and somewhat unpleasant and it refused to feed hornady critical defense. still a fun gun, too small for my hands but good for CC
>glock 30
Roughly the same recoil as the PPS, but fired .45. my favorite CC, was accurate, shoots 45, smooth action, and holds 10+1. love it
>FNX45t
guuci
guuchi
gucci
>>
File: mama.gif (2 MB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
mama.gif
2 MB, 300x169
>>29978990
Oh shit, I'm sorry.
Should have checked the catalog better lol.
That pic of hickok45 is so over used I didn't even look at it and you didn't put anything in the thread subject to stand out anyway. Still, sorry dude. You did beat me by an entire day.

Here, look at these puppies.
>>
>>29978990
Calm down. This board can handle multiple threads about the same thing. We had like four threads about the CZ 75 Shadow last Sunday and will probably have more of them today.
>>
>>29979007
>>MK23
>The bigness of the gun doesn't do anything to mitigate recoil.
Well that's fucking lame.
>>
>>29979045
attribute it to the high bore axis, I guess
once I fired it, I started to understand the whole "only buy it if you really care about the history of the gun" thing
>>
>>29978917
Oh I forgot about contributing some full-retard guns:

Deagle (sadly not gold tiger striped): Fairly large grip, and I have large hands. Recoil is pretty much a big push and hardly uncontrollable.

S&W 500 6" w/ comp: I legitimately want one of these now. It's one hell of a gun. Possibly the best handgun trigger I've tried (SA), and impressively controllable with big Hogue grips and the compensator.

357 mag S&W airweight: fuck this gun. ow.
>>
>>29979007
>>Buck Mark II
>mediocre rimfire, firing pin issues abound
I have one of the original Buck Marks with the old style firing pin and no magazine safety, and I've never had an issue with the gun, but that's unfortunate to hear. I was thinking of picking up a second Buck Mark in stainless so I could take it camping (mine has a carbon steel slabside barrel and I don't want any rust on it). By the way, the new style firing pins are easy to find replacements for if they break, but I've been looking for an old style firing pin for years and they're constantly out of stock.
>>
>>29978182
>Uninspired in every sense of the word but it works.
lmao it's where literally everything came from these days.
>>
File: Untitled.png (514 KB, 656x466) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
514 KB, 656x466
>>29979077
>357 mag S&W airweight: fuck this gun. ow.
I bought one of pic related and the metal corner on the back strap would split the skin on the inside of my thumb when I shout it. When I traded it in, there was dried blood running down the grip where I forgot to wipe it off the last time.
>>
>>29979007
>you realize that well over half of the current striker fired production guns on the market right now are unabashed hamfisted clones of the 17 and 19 right
>>29979143
>lmao it's where literally everything came from these days.

Guys, calm down. The 19 was inspired when it was made okay? In many ways it's still the best but what I meant was other guns have been trying to top it for years with this or that feature. Many times, they fail sometimes they have some aspect, some gimmick if you will, that works. The Glock on the other hand just keeps on trucking on in what has become a completely mundane way. Really can't believe that this needs explaining and you probably wonder why people are always calling out Glock fanboys?
>>
>>29979157
Haha I believe it. I badly bruised my hand from that stupid thing. I'm pretty sure most of the powder ends up everywhere out of a snubby 357 so there isn't even much of a point aside from pure masochism.
>>
>>29979179
shut up cuck you're biased against glock.
>>
>>29979157
>Snub nose .44mag
All of my why
>>
Desert Eagle 44 Mag - Big and loud, surprisingly easy to control, but finicky as balls with ammo types. Likes super hot rounds and only from certain brands

Mark 23 - Big, heavy, pretty much indestructible, and completely overkill for a civvy. This is a gun to buy to add to your collection and for the history that went into the development of this gun. It's also pretty fun to shoot, smaller hands need not apply, it's a biggun.

Springfield Armory Custom Comp Target 1911 9mm - Tight as hell and picky with ammo. Cheap reloads won't work, but it's a laser in the end if you can find the ammo it likes.

VEPR 12 - Way more fun than it has any right to be. Eats damn near any 12 gauge load from the hot slug rounds to the cheap wal-mart birdshot. Magdumping 10 rounds is actually possible due to how heavy the gun is.

VEPR 7.62x54r - Closest you'll ever get to owning a Dragunov within reason. Kicks pretty damn hard for a semi auto, but pretty darn accurate too. Best way to get an auto-nugget without going for an SVT40 or a Drag.

Beretta 1301 Competition Shotgun - Scarily light, but crazy controllable. Very easy to shoot and load and comfy to use. Probably one of the better semis out there for a reasonable price.

Berretta PX4 Storm - Really comfy compact pistol. Trigger is long but not heavy at all and for a small pistol, it fits big hands really nicely.
>>
k, ill do (most of the) handguns i own i guess

>p94
spongy trigger. not really great at anything but its cheap and it shoots
>ppq
if you're going to own one pistol i dont see a reason it shouldn't be a 9mm m1. great tigger, awesome ergos and you just cant miss with the fucking thing. the 45 m2 is alot bigger in the hands and leaves some thing to be desired. the ppq 22 isnt really a ppq but its fun at the range.
>1911
i own one company gun and one that i built my self of the cheap side. i cant really complain about them but i have 45's that do the same job better. i just disabled the grip safety on the i built yesterday cause it was just silly using two hands to decock the thing.
>p220
go buy one and install the str kit. i dont understand why you would consider a different 45 to be 'better'.
>92s
it was cheap and has shit sights and shit grips. trigger is good and dat external trigger bar hngggg
>pps
9mm m1. shit trigger. if feels like sand is lodged up there or something. love everything else about it.
>p227
i really want to like it. its a supposedly a p226 mixed with a p220 so what can go wrong? the whole fucking gun apparently. its just awkward to shoot, the sights seem too bounce back from working to not working (i dont have this problem with my 220 or my buddies 226, and neither does he.) and the grip is just puke compared to other offerings. I really want to like this gun but i just cant. plus stupid expensive mags
>p08
looks way too cool. i cum every time i take it down to clean. germans make one hell of a gun. i see why JMB's principles are still alive and well.
>p22
i own 2 and i think all the problems are made up by people who didnt read the manual. shoot round nose high velocity stuff. its not that hard.

i think thats most of the non-revolver pistol crowd that i own.
>>
I was going to write up a post about all the guns I own and have owned (most of them, I sold/cycled through to buy other guns), and then I realized that I was going off the page because I've owned too many guns. I got to looking through my receipts and insurance photos and realized that I've owned almost 100 different guns over the past years. I can't review all of them here and don't want to anyway, but does anybody have any requests? I've mostly owned handguns.

Here are some categorical generalizations (will type until I run out of room in this post):
>Sigs
Generally going to have good build quality. W. German Sigs are made better, but that doesn't mean Exeter can't make a great gun. Trigger quality is phenomenal, and Exeter is better than W. German on making a smooth trigger. Easy to shoot accurately. Exeter guns do have fluctuations in quality control and often need to take a trip back to the mother ship to clear up these issues.

>Glocks
Never had a major functional problem with a Glock. They do everything well and are great guns to learn to shoot on. The triggers are a little uncomfortable, and the slide release on the big frame Glocks is impossible to work, but otherwise, I don't have any complaints. They point naturally if you keep your index finger out of the trigger guard and parallel with the barrel during the draw.

>Rugers
This company makes a huge VARIETY of guns. Glock, HK, Smith & Wesson, and Sig don't hold a candle to Ruger in terms of variety of offerings. That's why I own Ruger stock. They're such a well rounded company. As far as quality of execution goes, their stuff is almost always good at its core, but there's a good chance it will need attention from the factory to smooth out minor issues. Not the brand of gun to own if you are a perfectionist.
>>
>>29979721
p88,p38/xxxx, colt SAA or any snake gun, anything pre ~1960 you think is cool
>>
>>29976694
>objective
>impressions
Pick one.
>>
File: 1462267690764.jpg (30 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1462267690764.jpg
30 KB, 400x400
>>29979818
>>
>>29976694

>Mini 14
Goes bang and does its job. Ruger brand mags are nice, off brands I have tried suck. Barrel heats fast during range day.

>CZ PO7
More accurate than I will ever be. For the price point a great gun.

>FR8
Only gun I have shot that I will say kicks hard.

>Rem 700 SPS Varmit
Front heavy with mediocre stock. Otherwise accurate and the barrel takes a while to heat up.
>>
>>29979749
Older handguns are almost always going to be cool and worth owning.

>P88/P38/Colt SAA
Sadly have not owned any of these. My older handguns are as follows (don't remember the years of production for all of them):

>FN Hi Power
These guns have been covered in detail by other people. Great guns to shoot, even by today's standards.
>FN Model 1906
This is cool mainly because of how early it was designed in John Browning's career, and to fill out an FN collection, but the Colt 1908 version is objectively better. The trigger on these early FN striker-fired pistols was a little bit mushy by comparison. Almost no sights.
>FN Model 1910 .32
I owned an early German occupation pistol with the roughly-cut trigger and there must have been some other poorly machined parts inside it because the mag release was way too stiff and the trigger had way too much creep. Almost no sights on this gun either. Ended up selling it.
>FN Model 1922 .32
I really like these guns. I've owned two, but currently just own one, both Dutch contract guns (not German occupation). The trigger is very good - it has a little creep like all FN pistols, but is smooth - the sights are workable. Magazines are $50-60, so not as bad as with the Colt 1903's, plus they hold one more round. I prefer these guns to the Colt 1903 for .32 caliber plinking.
>Colt 1903 .32
Great guns to own and fun to shoot, if you get a good one, but they are a lot harder to shop for than you might expect. I had one that would shoot to the right because it had been dropped on its nose. I had another one after that and it was accurate, but I just didn't like how nasty all the scratches on the high polish finish made the gun look. Don't currently own any of these.

1/2
>>
>>29979964
2/2

>Colt 1908 .25
Like I said above, it's a more refined version of the FN 1906. Just make sure you check the bore before buying one because corrosive .25 ammo was the only kind of .25 ammo back when these were being made. Sights are almost not there, but it can be fun to ring steel with one of these guns. If you get one with a good bore, they ARE surprisingly accurate and easy to shoot. This is what the Ruger LCP should have been. Note: later production guns will look prettier, but I find that they have worse triggers. The 100,000-200,000 serial # range is where I've found the guns with the best triggers.
>Colt Woodsman
I honestly didn't like it as much as I thought I would. Maybe I just didn't get the right variant, but the trigger had a little more creep and overtravel than my Buck Mark and the rear sight notch was ridiculously wide. Plus, it was a gun that you really had to slingshot the slide or else the top round in the magazine would not chamber.
>Savage 1917
I just bought it for fun and it's mostly just a novelty for me, but the gun is actually pretty cool. Very low bore axis, like the FN 1910/22's, and striker-fired. The trigger is very heavy, maybe 10 pounds, but it's a short, crisp pull, so not hard to shoot the gun.
>CZ 52
Awkward grip shape, but the gun wasn't too bad to shoot. It wasn't that great either. The trigger was a little rough and there was a bit more snap than you'd expect with 9mm, but it was kind of fun to shoot. Still, a heavy gun and not really practical for anything.
>Tokarev TTC
These guns feel cheap when you hold and look at them. Both the ones I owned had rusty bores, but still held tight groups at 7 yards. The trigger was decent, the sights were decent, but the ergonomics were kind of bad. Very small grip, even to someone with small hands, and hard to keep it pointed straight.
>Russian Makarov
I just got this one on Sat and haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, but the trigger pull does not impress me - very heavy.
>>
>>29979830
Do you have any understanding of objective versus subjective? Things like "muh grip feel" and "it shot well for me" are completely subjective.
>>
>>29979830

Compare:
>"the trigger has a long, creeping pull that suddenly gets heavy before the break, and the grip ergonomics fill my medium size hand well, but don't allow my fingers to get a good purchase on the trigger. The trigger reach is better suited for people with large hands."
with....
>"I could barely shoot a 6 inch group with the gun and it felt horrible in my hand. It's the worst handgun ever. :^("
>>
>>29979995
Do you have any understanding of how these threads work? Yes, we've been to community college and know what subjective vs objective is and we know correlation doesnt equal causation. We all know (expect [notice thats not accept] for you) that OP just made a stupid typo and there is no reason to green text it into oblivion just too look smart. no one cares, just post gun shit fag.
>>
>>29980086
I tend to prefer it when people write in as objective of a voice as possible, but can make exceptions for personalized comments like in the OP: ">Legion SAO 226 The match grade trigger is insane. I accidentally double tapped once and shot the first round before I meant to (on target though)." That actually is pretty descriptive, even though it's written in a subjective voice.

I would have preferred to know WHY he couldn't hold a tighter group with the Canik, though (and also what model of Canik the sillyfuck was shooting). He could have commented on the gun in a more objective way and we could have gotten an idea if the barrel was made out of spec and the gun simply was incapable of accuracy, or if it was something about the trigger, or what.
>>
>>29980135
>Let's describe the actual gun in 3 sentences or less
Wrong thread for you. Go to arfcom for your 'objective' blog posts.
>>
>>29980135
Op here, about the Canik, idk. It was a full size 9mm. I felt like the trigger squeezes were decent but I did not get good groups and don't know why; same fmj as in all others, Midwest industry remanufactured.
>>
>>29980180
>Objective Gun Description
Wrong thread for you. Go to arfcom for your 'subjective' blog posts.
>>
>>29980225
But what MODEL of Canik?
>>
>>29979721
Your top 5 favorite handguns ever. Not including: >>29979964
>>29979977
>>
>>29980258
I don't fucken now man.
>>
>>29980297
I can't exclude my pre-1960s guns or else it would just be a Top 3.

>HK USP Compact with match LEM trigger
My favorite type of handgun is a double stack compact handgun with consistent weight trigger pull, and the HK USPc with match LEM trigger is far and away my favorite, with the best trigger and highest standard of quality. I have one in 9mm and another in .40S&W.

>FN Hi Power
If I were to do any competition shooting, I would use my FN Hi Power. The gun is stupidly fun to ring steel with, and even though my gun has the original diminutive sights, I've been able to hit swinging, 4" steel plates at 25 yards until I snapped the wire that they hung by (the indoor range I go to has these hanging by the backstop). The gun feels great in my hand and the trigger is, in my opinion, perfect once you take out the magazine safety.

>Glock 20
Ammo availability is a problem, but this is the best woods gun that I have found. It's stupidly fun to shoot, holds a lot of powerful ammo, and is very easy to shoot accurately. The only modification I really needed to do on mine was replacing the barrel for one with traditional rifling so I could shoot cast bullets.

>Sig P938
This gun is inherently flawed by Sig's many design flubs, but I believe that current production has reached a point where the gun is g2g. I've yet to have an issue with mind. For the size, weight, and caliber, you can't find a better concealed-carry pistol. The trigger is really nice - short, crisp, easy to shoot. I honestly will dismiss someone's opinion on the internet as the opinion of a flinching squid who can't shoot if they trash talk a P938's trigger.

>FN 1922
If .22lr were to dry up and the cost of .32 were to come down to the 15 cpr range, then this is the gun I'd plink with. It's a very cool, old design that "just werks." The 9+1 capacity is good, the trigger is good, and there is hardly any recoil. this is another gun, alongside my Hi Power, that is just really fun to shoot.
>>
I'll review (admittedly VERY SUBJECTIVELY) some of the guns I have owned or fired. Working at a gunstore you get some really cool opportunities.

>Heckler & Koch

>>VP70
If I would have fired this gun in the 70's, with a burst option available , I might have a different opinion. As it is it will function with dead stupid reliability but the trigger is heavy in the worst possible way. Wouldn't purchase, customer gun for repair

>>P7M8
What a cool fucking gun. I was amazed by the trigger's lightness and the short reset, it was truly a gun that was easy to shoot well. If they weren't hyper expensive I would go buy one right now. Boss's personal carry gun, his front fiber optic broke while we were shooting & still managed a ~1'' group.

>>HK45(T)
Sweet gun, I'm still upset that I sold it. Ergonomics were top notch as was the accuracy and reliability. The double action however is pretty bad, I would probably carry it cocked and locked or go with a DA tune. Bought for $900, sold for $1300

>>USP(T) in .40
Best platform for .40 by far. Mine had the "match" trigger which was a huge upgrade , especially in double action , compared to my 45. Never had a problem with it but was not / am not a .40 fan so I got rid of it. Would consider purchasing again.

>Česká zbrojovka

>>P07 "Duty"
My first handgun purchase. Had the frame bulging issue in front of the slide rails. Double action was better than most other out-the-box guns. It went the way of my other .40 handguns eventually but I never had an accuracy / reliability problem with it.

>FEG

>>FEG II, 380 ACP
Worst handgun I ever purchased. Regretted every second of firing it, it literally could not fire a round without stove piping. I wanted it to work so badly but I couldn't make it work no matter what I tried over 300 rounds of manually cycled ammunition.

>Kel Tec

>>KSG
Fabulous. Needs a longer Selector switch between magazine tubes, but it will run as hard as you will. No function or cycling issues.

1/2
>>
>>29981046
Cont. w/ Kel Tec

>>PMR 30
Ergonomically this gun feels like a toy. Accuracy is all there, reliability is not there, price point however makes it hard to argue with. If it worked 30/30 times as opposed to 21/30, it would sell like hotcakes.

>Fabrique Nationale

>>PS90 / FivE SeveN
Zero recoil, extremely accurate, very reliable. Wish the ammunition was cheaper. Kept the PS90, wasn't as fascinated by the handgun. The PS90 feels really comfortable whereas the 57 feels more like a brick.

>>FNX 45
Compared side by side to the HK. Mechanically solid, I for whatever reason couldn't shoot it well nor was I impressed with the power tool grip. Good guns just not my cup of tea

>SIG SAUER

>>P250
Man did they drop the ball on the trigger. Great handling and one of guns I performed very well with, helped me learn to "stage" DA triggers. I presume the 320 would also carry over most of these good qualities without the trigger downsides

>>SP2022
My friends love this gun and one of my coworkers carries it every day. I hate it, it doesn't shoot well for me.

>Glock

>>20
Never going to sell it. One of my all time favorites, and a gun I am very confident with. I even carry it sometimes.

>>27, 29
The 29 I view to be superior than the 27. I thought it recoiled less than the 27 for some reason, even with super hot defense ammunition. A little big for EDC but it'll do. 29 is on the "to be purchased" list.

>>43
My EDC. Infallible. My only complaint is my mag-guts follower does not work as advertised.
>>
>>29980232
man, you are dense. well, welcome to 4chan. enjoy your stay.
>>
>>29981337
Will post more later when I'm not getting yelled at for ignoring the GF, lol
>>
>>29981337
>My only complaint is my mag-guts follower does not work as advertised.
Meaning jams? Or it doesn't hold the advertised number of rounds?
>>
>>29981337

> power tool grip

oh my god yes this is the perfect way to describe the FNX grip.

Thank you.
>>
>>29981524
The 7th round activates the slide stop (somehow). A quick rack will chamber the round . The pierce grip extensions work as advertised however.

>>29981598
I stole it from someone else, but I can't remember who
>>
File: 8787637_1.jpg (104 KB, 1024x564) Image search: [Google]
8787637_1.jpg
104 KB, 1024x564
>>29976694
>Colt Match Target, 2nd Series.
Felt amazing in my hand, great weight and balance. I've only had feed problems once or twice, but not often, I'm not experienced enough yet to know if it was the gun or the ammo though. A bitch to take apart and put back together.

I'd like to get a 3rd series someday.
>>
>>29980543
I'm sorry I was drunk, it was trivia night at the Moose lodge.
All I can say is that it was a full size 9mm with the plastic button on the top of the slide to decock, a feature which is strange IMO.
>>
>>29979007
>Size of the mk23 doesn't mitigate recoil
Yeah, it recoils about as much as my USP, which is the softest shooting .45 I've shot. The extra weight and size isn't worth it unless you want a conversation piece, but acting like the recoil is a problem is kinda faggy
>>
>>29981933
So, a TP9.
>>
>>29979179
Really, think of something that needs to be added. Not something that you'd prefer, something that is a glaring oversight.
>>
File: canik-4.jpg (372 KB, 1200x848) Image search: [Google]
canik-4.jpg
372 KB, 1200x848
>>29981964
Yeah, probably.
>>
>>29981985
Well, the slide stop is not usable and the mag release isn't truly ambidextrous just reversible. They could taper the corners of the slide front like they do with the subcompact. They could ad a grid to the bottom of the factory mags like are on the magpul or pearce extensions as a way to number them. They could have better factory sights for the money. They could do any number of things.
Honestly, the ONLY reason to buy a Glock these days is because they enjoy the best aftermarket support and that's a pretty good reason. They aren't actually the best gun or best value though.
>>
>>29981959
Same recoil, more muzzle flip due to the much longer slide. Having shot both I definitely prefer the USP though I liked the controls on the MK23 better.
>>
>>29982048
>Slide stop isn't usable
What do you mean by this?
>Taper corners
They do this so that it's easier to reholster in a CC holster. It's not hard at all to reholster in an open carry duty holster
>Numbered extensions
Completely idiotic. If it worries you that much number it yourself, nothings stopping you because it doesn't have notches on it
>Better factory night sights
Really the only companies that have night sights I wouldn't immediately switch for trijicons cost way more than the glock

Really if you're just going to make up shit to not like about it, just admit you don't like it and move on. You're not going to make any points by pretending that tiny little things bother you when you really just want a special snowflake gun instead of the glock everyone else uses
>>
>>29982177
>what do you mean by this
I mean the slide stop is hard to actuate with your thumb and is not ambidextrous causing a market for "extended" slide release levers
>It's not hard to reholster in an open carry holster
Which is totally irrelevant to conceal carry which is the vast majority of carry
>Numbered extensions, completely idiotic
Both pearce and magpul give you an easy way to number your mags by simply putting a grid in the mold. It costs NOTHING and simply ads an option. There is literally no reason not to do this and yet Glock does not.
>better factory night sights
I never mentioned night sights. I said better sights. The Glock sights are not as easy to see "equal height and equal light" as are most manufacturers sights these days.

>tl:dr Glock is behind the times and you are wrong.
>>
>>29981893
Probably ammunition related. Semi-auto 22s (especially handguns) generally only like 1-2 brands of ammo.

I had a S&W model 41 at one time, you should look into getting one. They sexy.
>>
>>29982241
>tl:dr Glock is behind the times and you are wrong.

what a retarded thing to say
>>
>>29979133
I probably should have clarified that the buckmark is my dads, and I'm sure his cleaning and maintenance protocol isn't the best
>>29981959
i'm not complaining, I'm just explaining that for a gun that size, the weight is offset by how high the bore axis is. My G30 and FNX45t are both quicker to get back on target (granted the G30 has a shorter sight radius). If I didn't like the recoil of a .45 I wouldn't have bought my last three guns specifically chambered in 45
>>
>>29982298
I see you studied debate at a school for liberals.
>>
>>29982277
I'll take a look at it sometime. Thanks for the recommendation.
>>
>>29982241
>Slide stop is hard to actuate
which is why it's called a slide STOP not a slide RELEASE. you don't thumb the slide stop to drop the slide, it causes unnecessary wear. powerstroke is undeniably the superior method to chamber a round
>tapered slide
literally nitpicking
>numbered extensions
I have no idea what you're talking about, but I'm assuming you don't have $2.99 for a pack of silver sharpies
>glock factory sights are not ideal
show me another $500 pistol with excellent factory sights. I'll give you Steyr, but everyone else puts the same shit three-dot sights on their fucking pistols. dot and basket is fine

>glock is behind the times
which is why they still command 65% of the law enforcement market share and are the pistol to which all other striker-fired pistols are compared.
>>
>>29982706
>which is why it's called a slide STOP not a slide RELEASE. you don't thumb the slide stop to drop the slide
Pray tell. How do you know the difference? Is there a way to look at a gun part and say definitively, "This is a slide release, rather than a slide stop," or "This is a slide stop, rather than a slide release." What about words like "slide lock" and "slide catch"? Do those overlap in meaning, or are there further distinctions setting these types of gun parts apart as distinctly different inventions, with each likely having its own specific patent? Please take your time with this. Compare the part on Glocks to similar parts on other guns and make sure your definition is consistent for every semi-auto handgun ever designed. I'll wait as you think it through.
>>
File: 1442336366118.png (189 KB, 624x480) Image search: [Google]
1442336366118.png
189 KB, 624x480
>>29976694
>Walther (Umarex) P22
If you want a gat made out of crushed coke cans and melted milk jugs, look no further. If you want your slide to crack and fall off in a manner similar to The Old Man on the Mountain, this is for you. Its still a fun little gat, with good ergonomics, and nice to put a can on, but with the new Ruger SR22 which is better in almost every way, youre better off buying that now.
>>
>>29982777
>pressing the slide stop to chamber:
doesn't use the full spring force of the recoil spring to chamber the round
requires finer motor skills under stress increasing the chance of fuckup
friction of the slide against your thumb as the slide is released can cause malfunctions
increased wear on the slide stop mechanism
>actuating the slide with a powerstroke to chamber:
allows the full spring force of the recoil spring to chamber the round
gross motor skill action with a positive physical tactile sensation and large surface to grasp
no wear on the slide stop mechanism

that's the way it's intended to be used, dude
>>
File: 558151.jpg (101 KB, 880x660) Image search: [Google]
558151.jpg
101 KB, 880x660
>>29982706
>which is why it's called a slide STOP not a slide RELEASE.
Actually, I agree but there is no reason to make it unusable. Consider the possibility of one handed gun operation, it would be nice if you could use it.
>tapered slide, literally nitpicking
fair enough but again, there's no good reason not to do this.
>numbered extensions, I have no idea what you're talking about
Well, your honesty is refreshing. Most commonly, problems with autoloaders are from a mag defect so people number their mags. I think you understand this from your sharpie reference. The picture I have included in this post is of the magpul base plate. The grid is meant to be combined with paint so you can number your mags if you choose. Pearce does a similar thing only with 5 dots so you can use colors or binary or whatever. No, this isn't a big deal to have but it ads absolutely nothing to the cost of the gun there is no reason for Glock not to do something like this.
>show me another $500 pistol with excellent factory sights. I'll give you Steyr
The PPQ and Canik both have better sights. My complaint with the Glock sights is twofold. Mostly, I don't think there is enough air around the front post, unless you're a manlet with midget arms. Secondly, the plastic sights just don't have as sharp of edges that are as easy to see.
>which is why they still command 65% of the law enforcement market
They have relationships in place and law enforcement discounts making them extremely attractive combined with the fact that they work with existing mags, holsters and other gear that the department likely has. Glock also is as reliable as any gun there, a point I have never disputed. In fact, you're referencing a point I made in the first post of this debate that aftermarket is the primary reason for choosing a Glock over other brands.

Truth be told, I don't think we are in disagreement on too much except that Glock ain't perfect.
>>
File: part.jpg (12 KB, 600x438) Image search: [Google]
part.jpg
12 KB, 600x438
>>29982869
No, these are different arguments for why someone would want to use it one way or the other. I asked you to explain the difference between parts on different guns that appear to do the same things and look the same, but might be called different things. For example, look at the part in pic related. Why are the serrations on the top of it, if it's not intended to be used to drop the slide be depressing it? Is it different from the part on the Glock?
>>
File: HK_P2000_SK.jpg (2 MB, 4016x2528) Image search: [Google]
HK_P2000_SK.jpg
2 MB, 4016x2528
>>29982889
For that matter consider pic related, which is factory, meant to make it ambidextrous and extend back to the thumb. According to him this part should not exist.
>>
This guy thinks he knows more than Gaston Glock >>29982869

>doesn't use the full spring force of the recoil spring to chamber the round
Who said that the "full spring force" is needed to chamber a round? This is going to vary by gun, but almost all modern pistols are designed so that there will be sufficient spring force from the locked position to chamber a round.
>requires finer motor skills under stress increasing the chance of fuckup
Who said that I'm under so much stress when I'm at a shooting range? Do you have agoraphobia?
>friction of the slide against your thumb as the slide is released can cause malfunctions
This is bullshit. I've never even heard of this happening, much less people using it as a reason for their gun handling, until your stinking post. It is still possible to slingshot the slide and have your thumb still be in the same position in any case.
>increased wear on the slide stop mechanism
Assuming the parts are not properly hardened, which is a pretty bold assumption, and often going to be incorrect.

>that's the way it's intended to be used, dude
Why did John Browning put the checkering on the top of his slide stop lever if it wasn't intended to be used to release the slide?
>>
>>29982875
>unusable
technically, it's supposed to be "low profile"

we're actually not really in disagreement the more I read your arguments. You wouldn't be wrong in saying glock relies on their aftermarket to fulfill needs beyond absolute stock for their pistols, I think the thing is whether or not someone views this as a plus.
replace the sights on all my glocks to the trijicons, mainly because they're always my HD and carguns and low light performance is a must.
the main reason I love them is that glock, as vanilla as they may be, are ridiculously consistent in their manufacturing. I tried to hate my G23, but the action is so smooth and it's never had that top-of-the-barrel wear that I hate. Same with my G30, they've all been VERY consistently manufactured and QC'd pistols.
>>29982889
>>29982903
repeatedly dropping the slide off that teeny tiny tab of metal on that slide stop puts a lot of wear potential on it. using HK's slide stops to argue that they're meant to be tabbed like that just ain't right.
>shouldn't exist
it's meant to be actuated, but not used to release the slide on its own
>>
File: MVC-868F.jpg (69 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
MVC-868F.jpg
69 KB, 640x480
>this triggers the glockboi
>>
>>29982972
>it's meant to be actuated, but not used to release the slide on its own
I'm trying to make sense of your statement. So you're suggesting it's specifically meant to hold down a magazine following while you manually release the slide? I do not believe that to be correct by any stretch of the imagination but that would be logically consistent with your argument. Is that what you are saying?
>>
File: 196517_ts.jpg (52 KB, 1154x1154) Image search: [Google]
196517_ts.jpg
52 KB, 1154x1154
>>29982972
>repeatedly dropping the slide off that teeny tiny tab of metal on that slide stop puts a lot of wear potential on it.
Prove to me that dropping the slide on Glocks by depressing this lever causes "a lot of wear potential," as you put it. I can almost buy the argument (if you were to make it) that Glock's slide stop lever doesn't have a wide profile from the top so that is meant to discourage this sort of behavior, but if that implied that you weren't supposed to use it to release the slide, then why does Glock make a factory extended slide stop lever?

>using HK's slide stops to argue that they're meant to be tabbed like that just ain't right.
I asked you to explain how a slide stop is different from a slide release, as you implied in >>29982706 that they are different parts. If the Glock part is a slide stop and not a slide release, and you understand this distinction clearly enough to be comfortable INTERNET YELLING at strangers about it, then explain why you think that. What sets a slide stop apart from a slide release? Define how they are different.
>>
>>29976694
Contributing with some of the stuff I've played with:

>M77 from Zestava
.308 semi auto AK with long barrel. Mine came with 4x posp scope, which fits snugly and is durable, as well as stupid easy to use. The gun eats fucking anything I put in it. Recoil is a tad stiff, but I admit that may be due to my small frame. Follow up shots are still easy. The downside is the magazine. While seemingly durable, 10 rounds is NOT very much. Still, makes a good durr rifle.

>Hi Point TS995
First rifle I bought, and haven't regretted a cent. Has had exactly one failure to feed, due to my sister not seeking the mag all the way- hardly it's fault. That said, the mag sits VERY flush with the grip, to the point you may have to double check a few times to make sure you get the motion down. The lock-back mechanism doesn't feel particularly great, nor is it apparent. The stock trigger is creepy and long, but you can still feel the reset, faintly. All of this said, it is pretty accurate for chucking a 9mm down range. Recoil is basically nonexistant. Field stripping is a fucker to behold and involves the little screwdriver device that comes with the gun, but I have had no issues simply brushing the barrel and going at the reciever with a cleaning cloth. Lots of weird idiosyncrasies with this gun, but I'll be damned if it doesn't eat anything.

P83 Wanad/Radom/Lucznik
This is basically a polish makarov. The spurred hammer is easy enough, the slide release is nice, and the magazine release has some power to it. It will basically pop the magazine out if you are holding it sideways. Pretty accurate, as most PPK influenced and Mak influenced pistols are. The double action is notably better than its predecessor which was finger breaking, though it still isn't great. The single action is really crisp and short however. Recoil is a bit snappy. My biggest complaint is the safety. It is a smooth metal bar with hints of edge for grip, with fire being "down". It can be hard to use.
>>
>>29983071
>M77
muh fuckin nigga
check out the CSSpecs 20rd magazines
did you convert from a butthole stock to the m76 wood?
>>
>>29983071
I've heard nothing but good about the hi-point carbines, unlike their pistols. thank you for what seems like an honest critique of it ; still sounds like a decent value.
>>
>>29983071
I was turned off Zastava products, or rather, century importations, when an NPAP ran away on me less than 20 rounds out of the box.

>get NPAP, first real rifle
>shooting inna indoor range
>sights not canted, cool.
>decide to start rapid firing
>dump a couple of rounds, take finger off trigger
>gun continues to fire until magazine completely empty
>unexpected, so I'm quite nervous
>turns out the trigger pin walked out of the receiver causing hammer follow

I hope your M77 never does the same...
>>
>>29983037
aaaannnnnd crickets.
>>
>>29983037
>Having to actually drop knowledge about the simplest semantic to understand
Never thought I'd see the day that somebody just couldn't deal that they are the same thing.

>Jif=gif
>Silencer=suppressor
>My existence=trash
Why is it such a struggle?
>>
>Colt M1991a1 (built in 1996) with wilson match trigger
Been firing this gun since I was a boy and it is still my favorite range gun. I adjusted the tabs and screw on the trigger so that it has a very slight uptake with no overtravel whatsoever. I polished the trigger bow and had to remove a fair amount of material to fit the wilson trigger perfectly. The most crisp break of any gun i've ever fired. Feels great in my medium sized hands. Parkerized finish isn't great but looks good with some wear on it.

>Ruger GP100
The longest and heaviest double action trigger pull i've ever felt, it is probably not as bad as i think it is, but compared to my other weapons it might as well be a mile. Single action is of course wonderful. The gun is heavy, the frame is thick, and the 4 inch barrel has a full lug which makes it look even larger. Even so, it feels more balanced to my hands than the 3" version. This gun feels like it could take a super heavy load and be just fine with it.

>HK USP9 Full size
The grip on this gun is just slightly too large for my medium sized hands i think, but i shoot this gun very quickly and very accurately nonetheless. The recoil is soft and the trigger reset is short-medium length for quick follow up shots. The finish seems a mile deep. DA trigger pull is long but not unreasonably heavy. SA has a fair amount of uptake before the break, but the reset click is so prominent you can keep your finger on the trigger and just blast away. If I ever hear someone breaking in to my house, this is the first object I will reach for.

>Glock 29
A surprisingly soft shooter, even with 200 grain loads, probably thanks to the gargantuan slide. That said, the gun could be concealed without much effort, especially during the winter. I'm still dialing it in as my woods gun, because it is picky with ammo and will fail to feed some specialty rounds. Once I get the ammo situation sorted, this will always be with me innawoods.
Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.