[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just came back from the gun shop and looking at guns seriously
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: tfw.jpg (220 KB, 600x332) Image search: [Google]
tfw.jpg
220 KB, 600x332
I just came back from the gun shop and looking at guns seriously for the first time, I am going to give my impressions of what I tried. Everything is in 9mm unless noted otherwise.

>Walther CCP
grip was amazing. all controls were easy to reach and actuate, really no problems with it. slide could have been easier to grip and apparently it has had manufacturing issues, though. I enjoyed trying this one.

>Walther PPS
very similar to the CCP. felt a bit off, though. I don't remember why.

>Walther PPK/S .380
the whole thing felt perfect, all metal, but the magazine release was a bit annoying to reach, a tad too far. for what it is, I wouldn't ever take it seriously, almost $700 for a 2+lb 6rnd .380. I enjoyed this.

>M&P Shield
grip was much too thin. it was very okay.

>Springfield XD-S
grip was still too thin. felt better than the Shield. trigger was much better. mag release was amazing and smooth. slide was easy to grab.

>Springfield XD-M
everything with the XD-S but the thicker grip felt much better, although it was still a hair too short. Extension fixes this, but this would have been very nice if that wasn't an issue.

>Sig Sauer P250
slide felt amazing, very easy to grab. double action only was odd. slide release was one of the best. this felt very nice, as did all of the real sig sauer's.

>Sig Sauer P228 & Sig Sauer P239(?)
same as P250 except for the double action only. felt fucking solid. decocker was super weird and I disliked it. all metal was very nice.
>>
File: perfection.png (284 KB, 352x356) Image search: [Google]
perfection.png
284 KB, 352x356
>Beretta 92FS
easily my favorite from the whole visit. fit like a glove, just perfect grip. everything was easy to reach and actuate. slide felt great to pull back. slide release was perfect and easy. magazine release felt good enough. trigger felt great. too fucking big to carry but I might buy it anyway, no joke.

>some Kimber 1911's that were $1,000-$1,500, this is basically for all of the 1911's I tried
slide release is very far up, very much disliked that on all of the 1911's. everything felt very tight and tough, hard to actuate everything. grip was good and trigger was actually amazing. that's it.

>S&W Airweight 38 specials, hammerless, bodyguard(?)
holy shit these were light. grip felt fucking perfect, trigger felt perfect. made me strongly consider a revolver, truly. I don't really want to pay for 38 special ammo, though. I really like the simplicity of revolvers. I tried the one that has the hammer inside of the frame and the one that has sort of the cut off hammer that you can still cock back but can't catch it on anything in your pocket, I suppose. I would rather have one of these than that Ruger LCP, without a doubt.

>Glock 26
too short and fat. magazine release, I liked and disliked at the same time.

>Glock 19
felt like the sweet spot for glock sizes. slide felt nice to pull back and release. seemed a bit boring but I think that's typical for Glock first impressions. I tried the 4th and 3rd generations, and they both felt so similar that I'd just save my money and buy the 3rd generation. The differences, or at least what the guy behind the counter told me, aren't worth the price difference from what I felt.

>Glock 17
it felt like a Glock 19 that was a bit longer than it needed to be.

>Heckler & Koch VP9
grip felt like fucking sex. magazine release was EASILY the best. a very slick gun. i loved this one.
>>
File: 12917171422043774491.jpg (97 KB, 733x942) Image search: [Google]
12917171422043774491.jpg
97 KB, 733x942
>Desert Eagle in .50 AE
tried it for giggles, like everyone does. feels very, very good. the slide is probably the nicest to grab from its ridiculous size, very easy to pull back. thick grip felt great. obviously not taken seriously, but left thinking positively of it.

>Ruger LCP
two fingers on the grip. it felt okay. being extremely small is its only memorable trait. a very forgettable pistol.

>Ruger LC9
it felt better than the Shield, but it felt worse than the XD-S. I don't remember this one very much. it was just an LCP in 9mm.

if I remember anything else, I'll post it. if I was to choose between all of these, it'd be between the following with no order

>Heckler & Koch VP9
>Beretta 92FS
>one of the Sig Sauers, would have to try them all again.
>Glock 19
>S&W Airweight(or maybe another revolver that is even better)
>Walther CCP if the manufacturing issues are all old news and taken care of
>MAYBE the XD-M

VP9 and 92FS were practically PERFECT. The PPK/S felt perfect, barring the magazine release, but is dumb for what it is in 2016. The CCP and Glock 19 felt very middle-ground. The XD-M is close to being very good, but the need for an extended magazine is very annoying.
>>
You should try a cz 75. If you really liked how the Beretta feels youd probably like that a little more.
>>
File: czshadow2.jpg (83 KB, 660x437) Image search: [Google]
czshadow2.jpg
83 KB, 660x437
Did you fondle all these pieces and not buy anything? I couldn't handle working at a gun store.

try to get hands on the CZ Shadow 2, it looks sweet.
>>
>>29972497
I'm taking something home tomorrow. I wanted to come home and think about it for the night.
>>
>>29972610
Good. You're doing it right. Fingerfuck everything, then back off and think; and give primacy of place to what your hands tell you. Ergonomics is a subjective thing... and like culture it is one of those all-important tangibles.
>>
>pic

Keep the hood safe H
>>
>>29972610
The VP9 and 92FS are both fine pistols. The VP9 was the hottest gun on here for a while, until the whole water in the striker channel thing came about. But unless you plan on running around throwing it in puddles or scuba diving with it, its not going to be a concern for you. The 92FS gets shat on a bit for the slide mounted safety and how big it is, but as long as you're comfortable with it those two don't matter. Sounds like you've got a hard choice ahead of you. Good luck! Don't forget to post a picture after you bring it home.

Also, not to try to change your mind, but if you really liked the VP9 you might want to give the Walther PPQ a try. They are very similar pistols, but some people find one more comfortable than the other.
>>
>>29972497
FUCK OFF IWITH YOYUR CZ
>>
>>29972117
>>29972497
You didn't need to be here. We have enough CZ shills as it is.
>>
>>29971785
keep the hood safe H.
>>
>>29971785

keep the hood safe H.
>>
>>29979205
Hello OP.
There was no reason to bump this thread.
>>
>>29979217
i just wanted cheaper ammo and better fun laws mang
>>
>>29971785
cool blog faggot
>>
>>29971785
Being a poorfag that thinks about buying any gun or knife for long time before I buy, I love these threads. Good read.

>>29975220
I took a 6 month break from /k/. Is there a utube video or article on the vp9 that really brought that issue to light ?
>>
>>29971795
>perfection.png
ethan pls go, guns arent allowed in nyc
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.