[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Long time no see, /jp/... I've decided to restart Elona+
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /jp/ - Otaku Culture

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: ElonaWorldMap.jpg (2 MB, 4560x2640) Image search: [Google]
ElonaWorldMap.jpg
2 MB, 4560x2640
Long time no see, /jp/...

I've decided to restart Elona+ after a long break and am wondering how, if possible, I can migrate my 1.49 save file to the current 1.59. Finding it difficult to find the information on Google or the wiki, so I come to you.

I just want the old file migrated so I can incarnate a new character. If I can't migrate, could I psuedo-incarnate using Elosnack?
>>
This board is much slower than I remember!
>>
Are you trying to make a gene and a completely new character or just keep playing your current character in a new patch?

Please reply in >>15480769 so autists don't descend on you.
>>
>>15500931
I'd rather he be answered than this thread than promoting generals.
>>
>>15500931
I wasn't set on either, just weighing my options while finding out what's possible. I think I'd rather keep playing my same character, but my save file won't update just by transferring it over. The new save folder has 161 more files than my old one, and copying those missing files, as expected, causes a lot of odd issues, like my inventory properly carrying over, but my equipment being changed to nothing but gold bars in the default equipment slots. GP, PP, and pets carried over, but my stats were that of the new character.

I was told that I should just be able to transfer the folder into the new version's folder and it would update the save file, giving me a prompt that it has done so. Nothing of the sort will occur.
>>
The 1.47 save file doesn't have either a "header.txt" or "filelist.txt" like the new ones do. Adding just the header.txt at least makes the character show up in the load character list, but will crash upon selection.
>>
>>15501268
Try doing it slowly over multiple versions?
>>
>>15501351
Having difficulty finding a working source of any version between 1.48 and 1.58
>>
Would you mind uploading your game folder onto a filesharing site to see what you're dealing with?
>>
>>15501431
Here's my 1.47 with my single adventurer save
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By9ypfjPIJpNSTBDNVM5RXhrcGM/view?usp=sharing

Thanks~
>>
File: itisamystery.png (36 KB, 885x571) Image search: [Google]
itisamystery.png
36 KB, 885x571
>>15501456
I tried various things to no avail.

A few points:

- I could get to the same point you mentioned in >>15501268 with the busted inventory and stats in 1.59.

- What you're missing is a lot of item and map files that should (obviously, right?) be there, but aren't. For instance, see the pic for an example of a new character. Your character only has 40 files in the directory, and it's basically all cdata stuff.

- Overall, I'm thinking you're out of luck unless you have a character folder with all those other files available. I'm guessing you can't play normally in 1.47? Any idea where all those files went?
>>
>>15501775
Ah, that's all the info I needed! I stopped playing last September, got a new hard drive since then, and directly copied it from the old drive to the new just a couple days ago. Seemingly, everything else properly transferred over except for the save file's folder which is at 9MB/1.2k files. Copied it over one more time, and this time it copied all the files, prompting the updating save file dialogue resulting in a successful migration! Thank you for your assistance!
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.