[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Elona Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /jp/ - Otaku Culture

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 72
File: 1466711796449.jpg (134 KB, 540x660) Image search: [Google]
1466711796449.jpg
134 KB, 540x660
Previous Thread: >>15449329

[New to the game? Read First, Ask Later]

Pastebins:

>New Player Guide/FAQ:
http://pastebin.com/Zcavai8x

>Mods:
http://pastebin.com/vZ8Hfw6C

Potential doesn't boost itself.
>>
>>15480613
>22
>17
>22
>20
>6
>1
>4
>1
That's impressive in a way. Do you do anything other than combat?
>>
To respond to the guy who's getting rekt, there's isn't really a way around it for new players.

To get less rekt you wanna up your CON & lvl to have more hp.
Gardening and mining is good for that.
A melee pet will tank alot of stuff for you and so does a horse mount.
Enchant your gear even if its shit, first few ranks cost near nothing.
>>
>>15480613
Trust me, the part you are now it's the most fun part of the game and you're going to miss it once you get good.
>>
>>15480613
>ElonaPlus 1.16
Please update for the love of Ehekatl.
>>
Is it alright to play on overdose for first time? It also seems to affect all other npcs as well because they level up attributes very fast.
>>
>>15481174
It's a single player game anon, do what you want.
>>
>>15481174
Not the first time! If normal mode is too hard for you and you can't get anywhere after 20 normal characters, then try overdose. But starting off on overdose is really going to lower your appreciation of the game.
>>
>>15480923
I like house building and pets
>>15480929
I just dig into walls and plant seeds?
>>15481020
I want to at least see the other parts of the game.
>>
Is essential oil worth a shit?
>>
Question for you guys: After a long time without playing, when you come back, do you create a new character or resume with an old one?

I really want to get back into the game, but I don't want to do dumb shit while trying to get used to it again.
>>
>>15481488
Do you use fire spells? Do you want more temporary defense?

>Elona+ only. Added in 1.54. Fire damage received is multiplied by 1.75. PV and DV will be multiplied by 1.3.

>>15481504
If you're coming back after many years, then a new character can let you experience new content and the new growth curves as devs intended. If you're just coming back after a few patches and you've already put 500 hours into a character, deeply consider whether you want to put another 500 hours in just to experience 10 hours' worth of "new" content, or whether you want to play that new character from the ground up for the sake of a new build/new roleplay experience.
>>
>>15481518
Oh okay, so drink it if I Holy Shield just isn't enough?
>>
>>15481531
Not if you're fighting fire mobs and value your character.
>>
>>15481617
Well obviously. I'm mostly just talking about one shot prevention.
>>
>>15481625
IF you're going to get one-shot by a monster and Holy Shield + Attribute Shield + Base Def/Res aren't enough to keep you alive, maybe reconsider whether or not you're at the level to be fighting what you want to be fighting.
>>
>>15481531
Guess so, not sure how long the status lasts, though, and no need to overextend yourself if holy shield+feather isn't enough.

>>15481485
Don't even bother with dungeons in the beginning if you don't know what exactly you're doing. Enemies will outpace you faster than you can acquire good enough equipment to stay alive. Instead, go from town to town doing board quests so you can get gold and buy skills from the town trainers using platinum. Also try to get into one of the three guilds so you can get the guild-exclusive skills.

Early game checklist:
- Read the new player guide in the OP
- Get a full set of equipment, upgrade it as your money allows
- Have a pet or two as a meat shield
- Get all the skills from trainers
- If you get a wish, wish for seven league boots or a happy bed; both are great for the early game
- Pick a god at the Truce Ground
- Be curious about items in town. Hmm, I wonder what happens if I use that food processor in the Vernis bakery? Hmm, do better cooking items make better food? I wonder what the mechanics of that are; maybe there's a wiki for it somewhere
- Don't die; always choose to escape in a dangerous situation through running or teleportation
- Train skills and stats through use - as these increase, everything gets easier and safer
- Congratulations, you survived the early game!
>>
>>15481676
The day I realized I could use the food processors sitting around in towns was a real eye-opener.
I hadn't realized I could 'use' items while they were on the ground.
>>
File: Bones for the bone god.png (476 KB, 1296x806) Image search: [Google]
Bones for the bone god.png
476 KB, 1296x806
I've gotten to the point where I need to carry a good amount of backup coffins since certain monsters can actually do good damage to my undeads. The only things I really see that pose a major threat to my group is bleed and fire though. Fire is easy to deal with, just keep a rod of bubble ball handy. Bleed is a weird one, they've been getting constantly bled and I can't figure out what's doing it. I thought it was an invisible monster but I've been using bubble ball to try to find it, not to mention Alchemical Rain'd potions to cure the bleed and I can't find the thing. It's really fucking them up.

Besides that they're still going strong. Looking forward to hitting the AP speed cap so I can power level my Alchemy/Anatomy.
>>
File: elona.png (872 KB, 1897x705) Image search: [Google]
elona.png
872 KB, 1897x705
Isn't dupli-cane supposed to prevent charge usage of wands? I've tried it a few times, but my charges keep decreasing. Is it only for offensive wands or something?
>>
>>15481919
Only for rods that do damage. Thank goodness too. Imagine how broken that would be if someone got a hold of a rod of wishing.
>>
So pretty much the start of elona is
>Do harvest quests to raise gardening
>Use platinum coins to buy all the skills
>Do the cave
>Grind and figure everything else out
>>
>>15481937
You know, I do remember hearing that now that you say that. That would be broken indeed.
Thanks anon!
>>
>>15481944
You can do any type of quest, but harvest quests set you up for herb farms which are OP.
The cave is just a low-level dungeon with no boss, any easy dungeons work for initial dungeoneering.
>>
>>15481944
It changes a bit for more experienced players but for new players that's pretty accurate. Anything that avoids combat is A-okay. Before it's too late, Ecologist, etc. Just avoid Beauty and the Beast, those can go fuck themselves.

What kind of character are you going for?
>>
>>15481488
It sells for a decent amount and is easy to make. You can also role play as an oiled up wrestler with Jiu-jisu.
>>
>>15482084
>What kind of character are you going for?
I have no idea. I just want to not die and kill stuff right now.
>>
File: upandup.png (3 MB, 1600x1799) Image search: [Google]
upandup.png
3 MB, 1600x1799
Think somebody was wondering last thread why his attributes weren't really increasing despite having good potentials. Don't know what to tell you aside from the fact that having superb potential is just half of the equation. Maybe you already knew that but nevertheless this can serve as a lesson to new people playing Elona. All having superb potential does for your attributes is makes it easier for them to level up. You still need to grind the associated skills for the attributes to level them up.

I found this spreadsheet, which I pulled from the Elona wiki, very helpful in reminding me what skills are keyed to what attributes. It also has useful information about leveling skills and just useful notes.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1p3S16qPZFSdZdQoVF8hjsZf7ovS6H-cpjmSaH2qZn6I/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=0

These are some of my favorite activities I do to raise my attributes. First, good food can help raise your attributes. The best are herbs especially the herb in recipe that uses Currarias as a base. When my farms are ready to be harvested I take inventory and set aside some herbs to eat for my journey, some herbs to use for power attribute training, and the rest goes into storage. The herbs I use for power training are the ones I eat while a hungry ghost nibbles on me. Hungry ghost makes my character become hungry faster so I go through my herb stacks really quickly leading to some nice general attribute gains across all attributes.

The mining skill is excellent for raising constitution. It's now extremely easy to strip mine a place using the special action of Houzanha. If you have enough stamina, you can knock down every single wall in a dungeon in mere seconds. Raises your mining skill nicely and leads to some constitution gains here and there.

Visiting a wizard and attending a magic school leads to amazing magic attribute gains. Just look at the picture. After sleeping enough to get all my ball like spells to 400 potential and drinking some blessed potions of potential, I decided to spam the warlock school and the picture describes what happened.

You can get great charisma gains off of bulk investing. Raising shop levels fifty at a time does wonders for charisma.

For will I either train magic capacity or leave it to my herbs. For Learning gardening, cooking, literacy, memorization are all things I'm normally doing to raise it. Since my character is my a martial artist/mage hybrid his strength points generally come from me putting my fist in some monster's face. Dexterity and Perception I let my herbs handle.
>>
>>15482682
Huh... herbed herbs give a lot more stat experience than I thought. Also this spreadsheet is pretty useful -- thanks for all the advice!
>>
>>15482403
Unless you upgrade some starter gear anything above a Kobold will push your shit in out the gates. If you have decent CHA and Negotiation selling cargo can help.
>>
What affects the level of dungeons that appear? Is it linked to fame, or character level, or what?
>>
>>15483325
it's linked to the level of the last dungeon you beat.
ex: if you beat a level 50 dungeon, you'll start seeing more 51+. I don't know the exact measurement, but do lower level dungeons if you don't want the level to increase, or do higher level ones if you want it to.
>>
>>15483331
Ah shoot, so I can't ever lower it? I'm seeing a ton of level 400+ dungeons that I just can't beat... (Want to lower it to ~250 as that's the highest I can speed through)
>>
>>15483335
It'll lower naturally, slowly, over time, but I don't know how low they can get through that method.
>>
The cute fairy has to be fed manually?
I was able to get some herb seeds from it, but I may just keep her working in my new shop.
>>
>>15483345
Indeed she does. I'd recommend getting a master thief to work your shop for you if you're low level. They're (one of?) the best options on the first continent.
>>
If I want my pet to cook does it need to be at a higher relationship level?
>>
>>15483361
Yeah, friend or higher I think, could be wrong about it being friend level though. And it's only if you wake up before noon (go to bed at ~9PM each time you're sleepy)
>>
>>15483367
Great, I guess I need to put my other pets on defend. Does it's cooking level need to be really high for decent potential gains?
>>
>>15483376
Higher cooking equates to better food and more potential, but your pet cooking for you and your other pets, if any, will raise the skill very quickly. As long as you give them money or ruby/emerald/diamond made in the pot for fusion to keep their potential up you'll have superb potential on your attributes in no time.
>>
Did Noa also create the music for the game? I mean the mp3 pack that is linked on his site?
>>
File: elona.png (638 KB, 1296x801) Image search: [Google]
elona.png
638 KB, 1296x801
So, I'm looking to get into farming (thanks for the inspiration, Kai) and noticed that you can get multiple statues of Kumiromi from the little sister quest? Do I need to do the level 60 quest on south Tyris to get one copy of the statue first?
>>
>>15483872
You do need to get theoriginal before you can copy it.
>>
File: 1458882919815.jpg (83 KB, 303x311) Image search: [Google]
1458882919815.jpg
83 KB, 303x311
>>15480613
This is too appropriate.
>>
>>15483335
You can lower it through a secret South Tyris location. This only brought it down only to roughly my character level, though, so use with caution.

http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/The_Oblivion_Palace
>>
Are Eggs harder to cook than other food types? I keep getting low-rate egg dishes compared to fruits and veggies, even with a cooking skill of 55 and a BBQ set.
>>
I remember someone made a skeleton PCC body, didn't they? Is that up on the uploader or does anyone have it?
>>
Do you guys grind your fishing? I know that's why I can never get angel's tears. I'm buying all the gain material scrolls I can and blessing them but I never get any of these things.
Now that I'm actually herbing food instead of focusing entirely on my coffins I need a lot more potential potions. I don't know why I waited this long but whatever.
>>
>>15487331
I find dungeon material spots to be a better source. Never did any excessive fishing besides what was needed for Ehekatl's god gifts.
>>
>>15487504
Ya but angel tears come from the fishing gathering spot, you need high fishing to get them reliably. I almost always fail searches for those.
>>
>>15487509
Are you going into dungeons somewhat beyond your skill level? The wiki says higher DLs mean higher skills needed for successful gathering. Not sure if that also means higher tier rewards, but I sort of doubt it.

There's also this neat tidbit from the wiki:
>Something I've noticed is that the current sampling spot disappears every sixth search, irrespective of individual spots, as if the counter were a global variable stored separately. So it's possible to, for example, search a valuable spot only five times, move to a less desirable spot for the sixth search and cause it to vanish instead, and then return to the valuable spot which will last another six searches. This can be repeated indefinitely as long as there are 'sacrificial' spots, and the counter is preserved between floors and even when moving to new dungeons.
>>
>>15487331
I'm not currently actively training fishing and have no plans to unless someone has a good reason why I should. For potions of potential you really need to take advantage of all the sources to really maintain constant superb potential if you've reached the point where you're aggressively increasing attributes. That means you should use alchemy, multiple magic vendors at shop level 150 or higher, and pets morning breakfast if you're currently using pets.

Gain material scrolls helped supplement the materials I was getting from mass dungeon resource spot farming. Said materials went to creating potions of potential through alchemy. Then with 8 invested magic vendors in my house along with invested town magic vendors in both North and South Tyris I've managed to buy a fair amount of potions of potential. Both methods have so far helped me(Kai) keep up with demand.

For shopkeepers, keep in mind that they restock/refresh their stock roughly every three days. What I tend to do when I'm aggressively farming wonder scrolls, gain material scrolls, and potions of potential is to first make my rounds to all the vendors buying what I can get. Then I'll return home and walk around on the world map until it snows. Then I'll hurry home and climb into my shelter and hop on my snail. I then just rest/shift r inside the shelter while it snows and days will go by in a second. Then I just exit my shelter and begin another round of visiting the vendors. I repeat this until I get a suitable stack of stuff I want. A side benefit of this is Kumiromi statues/gemstones refresh and it speeds up harvest times for your crops.

Now if you don't have a home in a snowy area you can always take your shelter to say Noyel and walk around that area until it snows, then enter Noyel, set up your shelter, and do the above.

Only thing you need to be aware of with speeding up time is that if you do it too much you might get buried in bills. Make sure you pay them or you'll turn quickly into a criminal. Although, of little consequence, speed up time too much and you'll rapidly go through game years causing you to age pretty rapidly. If that is a concern a blessed slow potion can reduce age but seeing as you're a lich, I would think the older you are the more prestige you carry.

As a side note, the martial artist skill is sorely needing to be reexamined in how much damage it can do. The crits I've seen with it don't seem normal. It seems a lot higher than it should be. It kinda makes me wonder about the patch saying martial artists were now capable of up to 8 attacks. Sometimes I think some of those crits are the result of 1-8 punches rolled into one. My current theory about martial artist skill is that it has the potential to bury even dual wielding in the amount of damage it can do. I hope to get my martial artist skill to 1000 before I start comparing it to my former character's pet with the dual wielding skill. I intend to compare their damage numbers and go from there.
>>
>>15487509
>get them reliably.
No. High fishing doesn't guarantee a large amount of angel's tears. If you're under the assumption that once you pass a threshold you'll start rolling in Angel's Tears you're pretty wrong.
>>
>>15487596
Ya, everything I've been fighting lately has been
>You will get killed, 100% for sure
but my undeads are taking care of it well. I guess this is a good sign? I'll just go to the void for a bit I guess. Train my fishing using the gathering spots in there and get AP that way. I don't even know what to do with all this gold anyway.

That is a neat tidbit, I'll need to remember that. Appreciated.

>>15487603
Man I really am rusty.
I have 4 magic vendors going in my place since I like a little variety but I barely use two of my stores so I'll up it to 6. I'm getting a decent amount from them but it's mostly that I just really like dungeons on this guy, Necromancy build is actually super fun and a lot more varied and interesting than my previous characters. I'm trying to get the vendor farm out of the way as fast as I can each time to hurry back into the dungeons. Figure since I'm there so much I should be getting the most out of the gathering spots. I just cleared a 250ish dungeon last night so dungeon level isn't a limiting factor for my undeads anymore, at least for awhile. I guess I can focus on other things.

Well thanks for the tips. You can use shelters in storage houses right? If so I'll just build one up by Sister's Mansion and return scroll between the two to pass time. I have a skill book of anatomy and it actually gets me just about a level each heavy rainfall, so maybe this will work out even better.
>>
I started an inferno run as a Lich and I was hanging around in Luminest when I saw a moongate. Got curious and tried to go through, took 2 steps into the new house and was killed.

Save gone.
>>
>>15490213
Why would you ever use moongates on inferno?
>>
>>15490228
I never really used them before and I was curious.

Curiosity killed the cat I guess.
>>
>>15490213
Moon Gates are good for two things:
Killing you
and somehow adding completely broken, sometimes game ruining monsters into your save.
One time I went into one and there was practically nothing in there, I left. When I next had a random encounter on the field I was met with what I think was a sloppily drawn little girl on a motorcycle that doubled in number every time you hit her. When you killed one it gave you a wish.
>>
>>15490213
Make note of it and don't enter moongates next time. If you aren't an Elona veteran then there is going to be a lot of things that can surprise you and kill you in Inferno mode. I wouldn't even attempt an inferno run until you've seen most of the game on a different difficulty level. Second killer is probably a combination of being impatient and reckless.
>>
>>15490234
Woah, were they pushovers or what? I imagine eventually you'd get overrun.
>>
I want to play on my laptop that doesn't have a numpad, how can I remap the keys to a get diagonal functionality without actually having one?
>>
>>15490259
I've gotten to Lost Ivra on another save so I've seen quite a bit, but that was my first character so I'd like to start again and do some things differently/better right from the start. Moongates were one thing I didn't really know about.

I choose inferno because I was bored as well. Sounded fun. I was only level 4 so it's not a big loss, I'll just start again.
>>
>>15490263
The arrow keys work for me, they're just very finicky about diagonal movement.
>>
>>15490262
Ya I could just about one shot them. It was basically wizard mode: the enemy. I got someone in the old /vg/ Elona general to help me get rid of them. I used the wishes on stupid stuff just to fuck around since I didn't want to cheat.
>>
File: kamiyama headache.jpg (37 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
kamiyama headache.jpg
37 KB, 640x480
>start another infero Lich
>back up to level 4
>talk to my pet and see the "change the atmosphere" option
>recently updated to 1.59 so no clue about it
>scrolling through the portraits
>game crashes
>try to reload
>"The adventurer is not revived again..."
>>
>>15490523
Strange, I've gotten a game crash in Inferno mode before and it didn't wipe my save. No negative penalties either.
>>
File: 1467103920092.jpg (32 KB, 375x500) Image search: [Google]
1467103920092.jpg
32 KB, 375x500
>>15490523
>>15490272
>level 4
>>
Whoever threw up the link to/wrote the equipment training spreadsheet - thank you so much. I had no idea magic capacity was this broken.
>>
>>15490669
>Equipment training
I mean skill/experience training
>>
File: scared marcelle.png (144 KB, 407x374) Image search: [Google]
scared marcelle.png
144 KB, 407x374
>>15490652
On my next guy I died at level 4 again

It was my own fault though
>>
>>15490523
>>15490756
I keep crashing whenever I see something sandbagged, and it keeps giving me -100 karma at level 5-10...it turns out its very difficult to manage criminal status at low levels T.T
>>
I evolved my little girl into a Valkyrie, and now it can stop time when it's gauge gets filled to 200%. Is that common with all evolved pets? Do other pets get different 2x gauge effects?
>>
>>15491298
Never seen my pets get up to 200 gauge because things died before that happened but that's pretty cool if the Valkyrie has time stop.
>>
>>15491298
http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Changelog_(Elona%2B)/1.40_-_1.49
>1.49
>Evolved NPCs, form-shifted characters, and non-pet unique NPCs can now have a maximum of 200% gauge. There are more details about 101-200% gauge in the detailed changelog. When a gauge attack is used at 200% gauge, the attack will ignore armour skill damage reduction and give 1 turn of time stop.
>>
File: projet.jpg (117 KB, 588x369) Image search: [Google]
projet.jpg
117 KB, 588x369
>first time rolling pro-jet's profile
This explains quite a lot.
>>
Any tips on killing Amurdad? I can get him to low HP rather reliably, but he Super Regenes every time before he reaches the HP needed for decapitate. My charging doesn't one-shot him either from outside regene range.
>>
How do you change the prefix on an item? I don't want my happy bed to be lame.
>>
>>15491896
Buff, mist of frailness, rampage, release gauge, and charge attack via shadow step. Not sure if tomatoes' effect would last through the charge attack in this case. Or be a cheesemeister and try timestop ammo. Or regret you ever went melee and start casting instead before magic gets another nerf.
>>
File: chaosfort.png (2 MB, 1600x1798) Image search: [Google]
chaosfort.png
2 MB, 1600x1798
>>15492098
Not him but I'm actually looking forward to fighting Amurdad. I've so far beaten every single boss with my bare hands. I'd like to do the same to the bosses in South Tyris, then the demigods, and then the gods themselves.
>>
>>15492135
>bare hands
>296 magic

Kai... you're my nigga, but that's not a monk. That's a fistmage.
>>
>>15492180
Well...yeah I do got a bit of magic...b-but I can punch as hard as any monk. Honest!
>>
>>15492180
Martial Arts is meant to work well alongside magic, especially heals and buffs. No cast penalty for wearing two claws/tonfas (despite defense bonuses like shields), Bakuretsuken scales off your Magic stat, and Clear Mind buffs Will and Light Armor.
>>
>>15492255
*Evasion, not Light Armor
>>
>>15492255
Is there a point where you can just stack nether damage from the attribute skill nonstop?
>>
>>15492135
Is playing a fistmage viable in 1.59? I have only glanced at the update notes (and i can't check them now because working), but I don't want to update from 1.58 custom if my monk will become useless.
>>
>>15492427
Well I'm currently ripping through Inferno mode with one and enjoying it. Playing on 1.59. Chose to make a martial arts hybrid character because there were a couple of questions that bothered me about the martial arts skill and nobody ever seemed to get far as one to answer them.

I don't feel like the damage is lacking but I'm defintely under the impression that the martial art skill is only as good as the amount of time you intend to put in your character. Currently my martial arts damage is hitting a bit harder than my spells.

The martial arts skill paired up with magic has a lot of synergy going for it as pointed out by this anon >>15492255. I like the pairing too because it covers all attack ranges and can handle a variety of tough situations well. Surrounded by enemies? You have AOE spells or Bakuretsukan to deal with them. Enemies in a line or at long range? Shining wave or spells. If enemies close the distance great. They're exactly where I want them to be. If you're dimmed or silenced fists can win you your fights. If the enemy has high PV but low DV I think there's a martial arts feat that allows you to take advantage of that.

In the end I'm probably going to wield the Saber Tonfa and the Smash Tonfa. Probably put one of the inner god weapons in one my shoot slots.
>>
>>15492569
Cool, I'll upgrade my game version when i get home then. yeah, I have my god coin as my thrown weapon and I'll be using the shield/smash tonfa combination.
>>
>>15492569
Meant to say I'd put the inner god weapon in my shoot slot. Only have one shoot slot. Accidentally lumped the ammo slot as another shoot slot.
>>
I wonder if stat caps will ever go above 2000. I mean if development keeps going it might have to. We're getting close to monster types just have max stats at base level.
>>
Are the best foods to (herb) herbs? I'm having issues getting the rare ones required but I read that (herb)ing curarias is quite useful, but how useful is it compared to herbing steaks, hamburgers, etc?
>>
>>15492798
What makes you say that? You can finish the story without even hitting 2k in any stat currently. At the rate it's going, even by the end of Act 3 2k stats won't be reached.
>>
>>15492907
By the time you can consistently herb food, herbing herbs is the easiest herb in recipe anyways since you're always bound to get an excess of curaria over rare herbs.
>>
>>15492907
Answers can be found on the food technical page of the Elona wiki.

http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Food/Technical

Pretty much match the herb bit value(800) to any food. Add the values up and draw conclusions.
>>
Goddam, I updated recently and the NPCs are spouting shit at me, things like "Yowyn is the first human flesh producer" and so on.
It's almost the end of the month, I just realized it's April.
>>
>>15492959
Lay down the herb man, you are herbing too hard.
>>
>>15492569
The Jiu-Jitsu feat works best when you use the Squeeze action to Bind highly mobile enemies for a turn while you get attacks in, or just keep holding them in place while your pets wail on them. The PV damage bonus is odd, I can't tell if it works half the time or not, but it does seem to increase damage on Big Daddies at least.
>>
From what I've read, it looks like it's possible to ditch your guild to join another. If this is true, is there any disadvantage to swapping guilds, or do you only lose your rank?
>>
>>15494286
You only lose your rank. Switching guilds is a great idea in the early game to get all the skills, although if you know what you're doing you can use Incognito to try and get skills from the guild trainers that way instead.
>>
>>15494820
The trouble with using Incognito nowadays is that the guild masters aren't fooled, so they destroy walls on their way and totally rekt you very early on.

Nice to know that this is easily exploitable; the fighter's guild entry is ezy pzy, and the only skill I'm missing from the thieves guild is Disarm Trap thanks to the beginning skill choice.
>>
Does hitting a sand bagged monster proc Ragnarok, or has this changed in Elona+?
>>
Well, it took ultra-munchkin cheeseball tactics, but Itzpalt is the first god to bend the knee.

Those stats are with all the buffs through magic equip/spell enhancement. This brought me up to 1800ish speed, which is plenty to get the job done. Elemental scar added about 30k onto meteor's damage and a potion of disaster must've softened him up a tiny bit. The only trouble was watching out for Itzpalt's space retention+gauge attack, which would mean instant death.

So that means farewell 1000 stock of meteor and a wish, hello Buster Book. I'm coming for you next, Ehekatl; prepare your anus.
>>
>>15495272
Grats. What's your character's name, class, and race?
>>
File: 499hourswellspentidsay.png (574 KB, 675x386) Image search: [Google]
499hourswellspentidsay.png
574 KB, 675x386
>>15495333
Yerles warmage (formerly a predator? I can't remember)

If you put your nose to the grindstone, you could probably cut this playtime in half or by as much as 3/4 if you ignored actually experiencing the game. Again I'll take this opportunity to whine that magic is all kinds of overpowered compared to melee, and that the tedium of herb farming/vendor refreshing is a more efficient playstyle than anything else. I ran with a set of pets for sentimental purposes (Golden Knight can carry all my Kumiromi statues!) but never gave them much attention. They certainly wouldn't be able to handle any of the gods or even the later act bosses.

Overall, looking forward to what other balance changes Ano makes now that 1.59 gave magic a mild nerf. Honestly I wonder if scaling taxes as an income tax rather than a flat tax would be a good idea to discourage repeatedly waiting to refresh your house's 6-8 magic vendors.
>>
>tfw need money fast and don't feel like prostituting because don't want to give up pc's virginity
I guess I'll just perform then.
>>
>>15495582
If you can get a super lure, fishing/cooking makes a ton of money, course actually getting a super lure in the first place is the hard part.
>>
File: Time roulette go.png (955 KB, 1296x806) Image search: [Google]
Time roulette go.png
955 KB, 1296x806
Little update on necro-scaling. Keep in mind that the different kind of summons have different multipliers for their level, but you want mostly Dead Eyes anyway. They still haven't fallen off one bit. The only thing that may have is their self destruct ability but it's still a very effective finisher. By this point you'll have a second set of undeads in your DD key anyway so it actually becomes more usable.

Also, I'm just hitting the void seriously for the first time. I barely touched it on any other characters. If I understand the wiki right I need to hit floor 200 before I can really start gaining AP?

>>15495438
I had a similar play time, it's definitely possible to cut down by a huge amount but you'd miss out on so much, like you said. If you like the game enough to become the godslayer then you might as well fuck around when you get a character that strong.
The longer I play this guy the more I think I might make him a godslayer too. See if Necromancy is even capable of that.
>>
>>15495702
Jesus what floor 200? I started gaining AP by floor 20 - 30, probably even earlier than that.
>>
>>15495971
It's probably just because I'm starting it really late but I haven't gained a single AP yet. I'm tempted to just ditch it and go straight to awakened dungeons to make a #####+ Anatomy/Alchemy piece. I'll need it for skill points though. Guess I'll just keep descending. It's good plat if nothing else.
>>
>>15496001
Floor 200/201 is where all the monsters revert to low level types like putits, so it's fairly easy AP compared to the god-type enemies like atlases. It's still dangerous for low levels if you happen to hit stuff like bear/mammoth packs though, so be on your toes. Also mountains upon mountains of experience - I have a hunch the enemy experience scaling works according to relative levels, as I probably went from level 175 to 250 or 300 before needing to proceed deeper.
>>
>>15496132
They'll start at level 450 there right? Since it's 50+depth then +200 every 200 levels? I'm pretty confident I'll be fine. Hopefully I start gaining AP before then but I'm sure my undeads can handle it. The amount of aoe and varied damage mean packs of anything that can't single me out are going down. Not to mention Barrier working as one shot prevention and a whole supply of back up coffins. Atlas scare me way more with their random boulder throws and infinite health.
>>
Equipment can make you immune to blind, right?
>>
>>15496175
Yes.
>>
>>15496143
The wiki isn't exactly clear, looks like they start at about level 250+.

> 5 * (Lv + 50)
from the chart there.
>>
>>15496257
Wouldn't 5 * (Lv + 50) at floor 200 be 1250?
>>
>>15496297
Nope, PEMDAS. 5(1+50) = 255.

And just going off of scaling, level 1250 would be insane endgame stats unbeatable by all but the most powerful adventurers, while 450 is above demigod level. A titan/5-head god/stag god is only 175. My instinct says 250ish.
>>
>>15496320
Maybe I'm misunderstanding what Lv is. I thought it was dungeon level, ie: 5 * (200 + 50) -> 5 * 250 = 1250.

Just got my first AP off a spiral king, so maybe this wasn't for nothing.
>>
>>15496320
Whoops my bad, meant to say atlas, not titan.
>>
File: Capture.png (437 KB, 666x301) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
437 KB, 666x301
>>15496327
Nope, now I'm positive, it's 5 * (Lv + 50). Here's a child boar from void level 230ish.
>>
File: 1419387838690.jpg (64 KB, 600x459) Image search: [Google]
1419387838690.jpg
64 KB, 600x459
>>15496486
But then what does Lv stand for? I'm so confused
>>
File: void.png (783 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
void.png
783 KB, 800x600
>>15496001
That's odd. I'm on my fourth or fifth 2000 AP turn in. 3/4 of which were farmed in the void. I'm on level 86 of the void currently. I'm gaining some AP down here.

I jotted down some notes in regards to what my journal is saying about deepest dungeon cleared. Using it to gauge void level in regards to dungeon level equivalent since I'm making more and more use of it and the void is slowly raising my dungeon levels for me. Going to use the notes to help train my pet in the future.

Entered the void at level 35. Floors 1-10 first 2000 AP. Floor 10 quivalent of a lv 50~ dungeon. Floors 10-35 second 2000 AP. Floor 35 equivalent of a lv 84 dungeon. Floors 35-54 third 2000 AP. Floor 54 equivalent to a lv 99 dungeon. Floors 54-87 fourth 2000 AP. Floor 87 equivalent to a lv 134 dungeon.
>>
>>15496495
Enemy level, not dungeon level.
>>
>>15496505
I'm about the same for AP farmed and I'm starting to get it around that same level too, so that explains that.
Also god dammit Kai stop embarrassing me. Considering how often I just leave the game open while doing other things I probably have the same play time as you on this guy and you're like 5 times stronger. The power play is real.

>>15496514
Well that explains that.
>>
Can you burn Precious weapons off NPCs? I think I just burned up Issizzle's Staff of Insanity when I attacked him, since it didn't drop on his death.
>>
>>15496773
It's possible. I don't think the staff comes with being fireproof. If it's truly gone you can get another copy of it by doing the repeatable little sister quest. If you don't want to do that I suppose you can hope RNG spawns Issizzle in the void for you to kill and loot the staff.

If you really wanted the staff because of the enhance spell thing there are other weapons and equipment later on that you can get that offer the enchant. You can also use artifact fusion later on to fuse enhance spells onto stuff.
>>
>>15496841
I'm not really interested in the staff for anything but collection purposes, but I thought for sure that the precious weapons from special bosses were fixed drops, as in they would drop no matter if the NPC had the weapon on them or not. Now I know how important Magatamas are.
>>
If a piece of equipment reduces a stat does it add to or lower the limit on artifact fusion?
>>
>>15496944
It's the "property" itself that adds to the limit, so for all intents and purposes, the stat reduction is seen as a "Negative Addition" rather than a "Stat Reduction".
>>
>>15497063
So it adds to it then? Thanks. Shame.
>>
>>15494820
>used incog to get into the mage guild for whatever MG specific skills to get.
>had no idea about the guild leader hunting me down.
>nearly jumped out of my chair when he koolaid-manned through the wall into the guild trainer room.
Luckily I had enough minor teleports (and lucky aim) to make it out alive. I haven't been back there in forever, does the librarian still give you spellbook copies of books you've given him in 1.59?
>>
>>15497416
Yes, barring stuff like wish and harvest, you can reserve any spellbook you've already read.
>>
>>15497462
You can't do harvest? Shame. Thanks though. Looks like I'll be going down there to turn in some books.
>>
>>15497482
You know that as long as you've read the book you can have him reserve it right?
>>
>>15497066
>>15496944
negative stats counts as 0 points for artifact fusion. same with blood-sucking/random teleport.

>>15496773
Precious weapons are fire/ice-proof even when it's not in the properties.
>>
File: Hero Cry.png (632 KB, 1134x982) Image search: [Google]
Hero Cry.png
632 KB, 1134x982
>>15498043
>>15496944
>>15497063
Seriously people should just learn how to use elosnack and do this sort of testing for themselves. The phenomenon is simple to observe and test for. As the picture indicates, negative values of a stat contribute "0" towards the effective total, based off of the Attribute Magnitude Offsets. An excel sheet along with full attribute parameter offset values matched to the actual properties are available.

The reason why negative enchantments don't add to artifact fusion isn't because they're inherently worth 0 points, but rather because the magnitude of it is effectively 1. When the magnitude of the enchantment increases, it adds to the value, as shown. Very simple to test with something like bloodsucking, where you can just tweak the values around, and you'll see the property change.

Sarim is literally just a quicker interface to check the magnitude sum total without having to use Custom or elosnack. I've left Custom on in this case so you can see the testing values I used.
>>
So I installed Elona+ custom 1.59 on top of e+ 1.59 then installed experimental 1.54.4 on top of that. That is the right way to go right?

Why is there an npc (the other adventurer) who just randomly one shots me when I enter the first town?
>>
>>15498902
>then installed experimental 1.54.4 on top of that
For what reason? You need to use only those with matching version number.
>>
>>15498902
(That was me)
And I need to run the elona_experimental.exe one right? Not elona.exe as I would with custom right?
>>
>>15498914
That was what the copy paste guide said. "Install these in reverse order:

Experimental 1.54.4
Custom 1.59
e+ 1.59"
Yeah I found it pretty weird myself
>>
>>15498749
How do you view the numbers beside the [*]? I can't find the option anywhere in the options menu.
>>
>>15498926
I just install E+, then put Custom in, and override, I think there's at least one thing to override, then play elona.exe. Works fine for me.
>>
>>15498961
Those strength numbers are the Elona Custom magnitude display values. Should just come normally with Elona Custom, in a normal game I think the only way you can see those is by using the Heart item you get in Act 2.
>>
File: f.jpg (613 KB, 1280x768) Image search: [Google]
f.jpg
613 KB, 1280x768
>>15498993
So it's this option right here? I guess I need the Objet before i can see the numbers.
>>
>>15499039
Yup
>>
So in e+ what does influence in a city do? Can you get a mayor position inside the cit?
>>
>>15490523

[Fixes]
* Fixed some descriptions.
* Fixed the crash that occurred if you enter a number less than 0 or a number for which no picture file exists when changing the atmosphere (the full-body portrait). To prevent this, numbers that do not match any picture file can no longer be selected. (This also means that you will be unable to select pictures if their file numbers are not contiguous.)
* Fixed Time Stop special action having an effect even when time has already been stopped. Also fixed some characters not getting their gauge reduced when they use it.
>>
>>15499912
Part of an update not yet implemented. It doesn't do anything at all at the moment.
>>
Huh, Lityou already has the Chara quality up awakening? There goes 1000 pet AP.
>>
What's a cute shopkeeper to have? Now that you can pay to raise CHA&Negotiation potential I dont mind raising it from scratch
>>
>>15501005
Little girl's evolution littler girl has the highest cuteness per cubic centimeter. http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Little_girl
>>
File: temo.jpg (12 KB, 1117x68) Image search: [Google]
temo.jpg
12 KB, 1117x68
lol
>>
>going around playing while having mana battery because its a great way of getting identify (which is hard to learn at low litrarcy) and teleport other (which is hard to get for those outside mage guild)
>suddenly find rod of wish in my inventory
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck
>>
>>15501300
Then it busts down the walls and a group of cluster bombs show up to play.
>>
File: temo.jpg (327 KB, 1286x800) Image search: [Google]
temo.jpg
327 KB, 1286x800
>august
>ludus
...Wheres the festival?
>>
>>15498902
>>15498914
>>15498918
Welp, there goes the pastebin being misleading again. I'll try to make it more specific, sorry about that.
>>
Does forbidden meat works on pets?
>>
>>15501624
Yes
>>
Do pets left to breed at a ranch count for the 15 (or charisma) max pets you can have?
>>
>>15501942
Yes, same goes for the shop.
>>
File: elona155Spritesheet.png (1 MB, 1163x982) Image search: [Google]
elona155Spritesheet.png
1 MB, 1163x982
Is pic related sprite sheet updated for 1.59 yet? I see 1.59 has new creatures added but I don't want to lose my 1.55 sprite and I didn't see an updated version in the pastas.
>>
How hard is it to get Flying Scrolls? Is it a waste to wish for them?
>>
>>15502005
There are other things to wish for that are more difficult to obtain, but flying scrolls are extremely rare drops in dungeons (speed pots are more common in comparison) and I've never really noticed them show up in magic merchants while savescumming for descent potions.
>>
>>15502005
If you ever plan to wield multiple inner god weapons or, depending on your character, even just one inner god weapon then you'll want flying scrolls. They can be worth it in that case but if you don't have any aspirations to actually kill the gods then there are probably better things to wish for.
>>
>>15502025
whats good descent pots are for?
>>
>>15502079
Really odd cheese tactics. They're really only effective in large numbers though. It's very easy to simulate the effect of descent cheese if you were to use it on yourself just by elosnack dropping your level down to 1.

If you're a level 50 - 60 for instance with comparable stats for that range, dropping down to level 1 suddenly doesn't actually cripple your ability to fight enemies at your original level range (because your stats remain save for scaled hp). Suddenly you can burst levels up - the effect being even more prominent in the Void. You'll get skill points back again, so I suppose you could do it for that.

I suppose you could also use it for level control and delaying leveling, but there are very limited benefits to this.

I've never tested it yet but I suppose you might be able to get NPCs to drink descent pots. Maybe, maybe not.
>>
>>15502119
>skill points
seems useful in that regard
>>
>>15502276
The effort required to get descents is monumental in comparison. If you're not savescumming merchants, don't expect to get a good stack quickly. That's why I mentioned the elosnack simulation - it provides a "what if" scenario as to what could be possible, but the realistic limits in logistics makes it a very tedious and not necessarily rewarding process.
>>
File: this is 70 hours, how shit am i.png (965 KB, 1282x770) Image search: [Google]
this is 70 hours, how shit am i.png
965 KB, 1282x770
I haven't used any of my skill points yet. I hear weapon skills are the hardest to level up. So I guess they're the only ones worth spending them on?
>>
>>15502303
Still takes quite a bit of time and a lot of effort but I'd like to add another way to get a good amount of potions of descent. If you keep making rounds collecting wonder scrolls from invested magic vendors and reading said scrolls you'll eventually get a decent pool of wish stock for casting. You need to keep your casting skill high to beat the wish spell difficulty increase but its possible to secure a lot of potions this way. I've gotten a decent stack of descent potions for my character Kai this way. Only way I know of to farm them in inferno mode since save scumming does very bad things to your character in inferno.
>>
>>15502358
Weapon skills certainly can be hard to level sure but I really hope you're not thinking of leveling all of them. I really recommend you find like a handful of skills to actively level and just passively level everything else. Ideally. You want to just use your bonus skill points just leveling one skill and at most two. Skill grind the rest or use the traveling skill to level them up.
>>
>>15502358
Weapon skills aren't hard to level up at all if you actually use them consistently. 115 skill points is pitiful, especially if you're trying to raise skills at that level with that potential. You'll just end up wasting a large amount of those points. Might as well dump travelling at that point if you really have to dump points for some reason.
>>
>>15502405
I was thinking of only using them only when potential is maxed. Even now I don't feel like spending them yet since all the skills I use still level at a decent rate.
>>15502399
I was planning on leveling Martial Arts for mellee damage, and throwing for mind damage. Then I'd just use magic against anything immune to both.
>>
File: MA.png (2 MB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
MA.png
2 MB, 1600x1200
>>15502440
Another MA/Caster hybrid I see. Well this is what I did if you're interested. All bonus points into martial arts. Every single point. After I get MA to 1000 I'll begin dumping points into tactics to get that damage multiplier up. Focusing on MA right now for accuracy and building up the damage dice.

Most weapon skills are hard to level and MA is no exception. Part of the reason why MA is so hard to level and why I'm guessing a lot of former MA characters didn't get that far is because in order to optimize your gains you have to find harder and harder enemies or the skill just won't level at a good rate. Even I'm having difficulty with this as it's paramount for me to strike a balance between being challenging enough to get points but not too challenging that I put my character's life at risk.

Regardless, I'm enjoying the MA skill. I've also have made note of two things I've noticed so far with MA. First, your damage revolves around crits and they are incredibly beefy when you land them. Second, and this is kind of my own preference, but contrary to everyone loving shining wave, I actually love and prefer using the special action attribute a whole lot more. The secondary damage it adds can be a truckload if your initial attack hit for a lot. Although I couldn't really show the full extent of the damage I can crank out in my picture, I've managed at one point to deal 28,000 damage to one opponent in the void at the numbers in my picture. This with only attribute on and no other buffs or damage modifiers.

My magic skills and associated magic attribute have outstripped my melee growth. This is mainly due to magic classes, oracle spellbook reading, and oracle spell spam leveling up my magic, casting skill, literacy skill, and learning attribute so damn well.
>>
>>15502619
How'd you manage to get your potentials so high without pets so early on? Your progress is insane.
>>
>>15502619
Does having multiple hands effect martials arts damage? Like will you do more damage with 4 hands than 2?
>>
>>15502632
They do since you can just equip tonfa and claws.
>>
File: 1458625770080.jpg (103 KB, 900x700) Image search: [Google]
1458625770080.jpg
103 KB, 900x700
>>15502632
>tfw I don't want to add extra hands to myself because it would make my character ugly in my mind.
>>
>>15502629
perhaps he inharited pots of potential
>>
>>15502844
He doesn't use inherited stuff on inferno character at all. It was a clean start.
>>
>>15503022
So, I guess he grinds till he can get the herb herb fusion thing, and uses that?
>>
>>15502629
I used a combo of alchemy to create potions of potential and invested vendors at shop level 150. I have 8 magic vendors in my Palace and the rest of the magic vendors from towns in both North Tyris and South Tyris to draw potions of potential from.

I used herbs to level my attributes not exactly for increasing potential.

>>15502632
Don't know. My character has the default 13 slot layout with only two hands.
>>
>>15503502
Also with the potions of potential I blessed them.
>>
I grabbed the Exorcist feat, but now I want to curse a scroll of flying so I can turn my current equipment into medium armor. Any way of doing this? Cursed scrolls of flying are pretty rare, but I have a whole stack of normal/blessed scrolls of flying.
>>
>>15504786
Wiki says that Exorcist isn't a 100% chance of blocking it. Keep trying!
>>
>>15504786
I have literally never tried this or heard of someone doing it, but logically wouldn't a cursed bottle of water do the trick?
>>
I found a good weapon but is has disturbs growth ### is that ability a huge problem or not?
>>
>>15505385
You will occasionally lose exp by having that weapon equipped.
>>
>>15505385
The ability is actually a good thing in some cases, and otherwise not that noticeable.
>>
>>15505460
Good? Why would that be good?
>>
Ow wtf.
> Drop all stuff in town to do unburdened harvest quest.
> finish quest
> all stuff gone.
>>
>>15505551
It depends on your playstyle. You can't lose levels from it, so basically all it does is keep you at your current level longer. For some people that's a good thing just to maintain level control.

As for why people would want to maintain level control, well that's just a matter of preference I suppose. Level doesn't matter too much save for things like HP and ALP, so depending on how you're playing, it isn't a necessity.
>>
>>15505551
27 slot mutant.
http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:10797
>>
>>15505590
Adventurers sure can be punks sometimes. The Ray Gay Jay probably came into Yowyn and was like, "Sheeeet, look at all this cool free stuff on the ground!" Or perhaps Gwen looted it all. You wouldn't hurt little ol Gwen would you?
>>
>>15505637
Gwen was already dead.
I'm going to assume it is all gone right? Map reset or something.
>>
>>15505645
It's gone. Make note of it and leave your stuff in your house next time I guess.
>>
So if a precious artifact is lost (left on map that gets deleted) can it be generated again? or is it lost forever?
>>
What does 'uncontrollable power' do?
>>
>>15505758
have you tried retrieving it via the <little sister> quest? you know, the one you get at cyber dome
>>
>starting game from gene
>45 skill points
>50 pp

wow
>>
File: temp.jpg (279 KB, 1286x800) Image search: [Google]
temp.jpg
279 KB, 1286x800
>>15505850
forgot image
>>
Cursed material kit, should I care?
>>
>>15506119
uncursing them is easy. mat kits can be used to make higher grade mat kits if you're really short of them.
>>
File: 140883997659.jpg (134 KB, 895x895) Image search: [Google]
140883997659.jpg
134 KB, 895x895
>starting this game
>cant beat blue slime
>>
>>15506399
Enemies don't just roll over and die for players in Elona. Even standard RPG enemies which are typically considered weak like slimes and kobolds can wreck new players easily if they're not prepared.

If you can't beat the blue slime then you should see if you can get away. Come back to that enemy at a later time if you're attempting that Vernis quest with them. Get some levels and get a ranged weapon to deal with them. Their acid can damage your equipment.
>>
>>15506399
Aah, fresh meat.
Tell me, what race/class did you take? who was your first pet?
Which god are you gonna worship?
>>
That's strange that spider as a race doesn't have any legs slot.
>>
>>15506522
leg slots are for shoes
their legs are too frail for those
>>
Are you guys rolling with just a single general shop or multiple of different types?
>>
>>15506531
Single general shop for now. I don't really have any trained pets/shopkeepers to occupy multiple shops at the moment.
>>
>>15506531
no shops. i had one when i first played elonaa, but i needed to invest a lot and the revenue was small.
nowdays i just sell everything to vendors- it also train my nagotiation and charisma!
>>
>>15506586
I'm going hard on gardening/cooking so I set it to food shop. Shopkeeper is making more than enough to cover the cost of their charisma and negotiation training to stay at superb. I was thinking of having a general store so I could sell non-food items and because it would look nice having 2 shop buildings on the left and right of palmia on the map
>>
>>15506598
Shops can make some great money if you change the shop type and can get a steady supply of that item type. Collect all the trash gear after a dungeon, dump it in your shop, set it to Blacksmith, and you'll make some decent cash for your junk and a chance at artifacts in your shop box.
>>
>>15506531
I use a food shop to sell all my fish, it's my main way of getting money, and it makes plenty of it for the least amount of effort.

>>15506609
Is there a benefit to actually training charisma and negotiation? I just try and capture the npc with the best skills according to the wiki, and use that one.
>>
File: temp.jpg (225 KB, 1286x800) Image search: [Google]
temp.jpg
225 KB, 1286x800
What are those new options in the dojou? caststyle, meleestyle... those waren't always there
>>
>>15506820
They change the flavor text for casting and unarmed attacks. I'm not sure if it works in E+ yet, but it's translated in Elona Custom. It's all just for role-playing purposes.
>>
>>15506837
thats all? i thought i found a cheap alternative to INI. figures.
>>
>>15506837
Correction: CastStyle doesn't change anything, but MeleeStyle is mostly translated. The Spore option doesn't seem to do anything as it changes the text to "you attack" instead.
>>
>>15506531
I saved up medals and gold and set up a food shop, a blacksmith shop, and a general shop all run by catsisters. In retrospect, this was a mistake. The specialty shops sell their product so absurdly fast that I can't keep them stocked and I don't yet have enough product to keep a general shop filled.

Later on, when I have more item throughput per unit calendar time, I may find this was a good idea made too soon.
>>
The wiki is unclear. Can I get a castle/shop/etc. deed from wishing, or is it only in wizard mode?
>>
>>15507153

You can't get deeds of discarded ranch, or houses that are Cyber House or better from wishing, at all.

I think every other deed, including shop, is cool beans from any wishes though.
>>
>>15504883
>>15504786

The issue is that you need to curse the water with scrolls of curse. Take off all your crap and prepare for 1-10-20 minutes of save-scumming.
>>
>>15507611
Or you could keep distilling water, or just dive into a few dungeons. You'll probably find one quicker.
>>
new one here.
how many times did you changed classes/race and what class/race did you found success with?
>>
>>15508180
>change class/race
little need
you can change playstyle, but in the long run race mean little and class mean even less.

well, fairy and mutants are exceptions.
>>
>>15508180
I play a catsister to be honest
>>
Is there a freelook command? Using 'l' just starts the targeting system.

>>15505659
Fuuuuuuu.... well at least I didn't drop my good wands and medals.
>>
>>15508465
Press * and then move cursor with movement keys.
>>
>>15508509
* is unassigned.
But ... * isn't.

Numpad * ...

Thanks anon. May your days be ever lucky.
>>
So, the book of resurrection, one use only? Just traded my first one off a npc for some silly stack of scrolls.
>>
>>15508602
Yeah it's a one use, doesn't actually give you a Resurrection spell. You can only get that from Wonder scrolls and dreams. And it isn't even a guaranteed success.
It can be helpful in a pinch in dungeons, I guess. Though the most accepted use I've heard of was moving NPC Homeblocks around.
>>
>>15508602
You'll eventually find more in dungeons, but each book of res is only good for one use.
>>
>>15508180
Class doesn't matter too much. It's moderately impactful for some builds like melee and semi-casters. Full casters get good benefit from 10% reduced mana cost too I guess. For other builds it's pretty much just flavor.
Race is much more important depending on which you pick. There are some pretty vanilla races that won't impact your play much at all, then there are races like Fairy which have insane pros balanced by large cons.

Before you make your character you need to know what kind of character you want to play. Melee? Gunner? Caster? Some kind of gimmick build? Do you want to focus more on dungeons with farming style gameplay as a second or vice versa? Will you mix different archetypes or stay mostly pure?
You should also have a good idea if you plan on using a big army, one or two, or no pets. This isn't important to decide right now though.

Make mistakes and remake your character a few times. You don't need to be super duper sure about any of this, but you need to have a good idea when you're testing things out. Once you make a serious character you'll want a fairly concrete game plan.
>>
>>15505802
Thanks for the info. So the only really missable thing is the NPC that you can recruit if you kill them?
>>
How do I know if I'm anorexic and when it stops?
>>
File: ainz sama.png (1 MB, 718x832) Image search: [Google]
ainz sama.png
1 MB, 718x832
Any tips for surviving inferno as a magic caster?

I got to level 11 last time before I got smashed by a group of wizards in a dungeon.

This whole magic thing is hard.
>>
>>15508998
You'll know because you'll be constantly vomiting and will eventually starve to death because you probably can't keep any regular food down. If that doesn't tip you off then you'll notice a status effect called anorexia.

As for when it stops there's some formula I'm sure but in general you need to get good sleep and pass days to get better. Since you can't hold down anything solid anything potion like or even snow can help keep yourself fed.
>>
>>15508998
It will show up on your feat screen.

You get rid of it by sleeping. For every night you sleep, the vomit timer will go down by one. If you vomit while anorexic, the timer will increase by one.
>>
>Mutation from wind gives me +11 perception but can't wear helmets

I'm new but I don't know if this is worth keeping or not
>>
>>15509153
Well, obviously you should keep it. If you had a helmet good enough to replace it you wouldn't be wondering about this. Also you can get rid of it whenever you want.
>>
>>15509055
You need to know your limits, first and foremost. If you run into a group of somethings, you have to know whether you have enough DPS to bring them down before they can harm you, and if not just teleport the fuck out of there.

It helps to get your little girl (or whatever pet you're running) to be fairly strong or survivable since she'll be doing the tanking most of the time.
>>
>>15509167
Any way I can reliably teleport out? Last time I did that was when I saw the group of wizards on my last guy, and it just teleported me into the middle of them and I died.
>>
Any easy way to get love potions other than vendor farming?
>>
>>15509246
Well if RNG screws you and you end up in the midst of the mob then there's not much you can do about that.
Generally it's a good idea to keep a variety of ways to teleport in case something happens and you can't use one of them (for example if you get silenced).

Teleport (the spell)
Scrolls of teleport
Rod of teleport
Dimensional Move (special action from feat)
>>
>>15509282
>>15509246
Also another way to help deal with mobs is to keep rods of wall creation to create a small tunnel where they have to funnel in one by one.

Or just quickly wall yourself off completely and retreat with scroll of return or something.
>>
> NPC adventurer has potion of speed up and scroll of attribute gain. /me tries to steal. /me creates very mad adventurer that one shots me.
> What happens when I enter the city again <<
>>
How well does an unarmed build go with Continuous Attacks? Also how does Continuous Attacks work? Like for example more Strength allows you to do more damage, but what about Dex? Does that allow you to throw more attacks instead?
>>
>>15509153
Ether mutations scale with your stats. If you get a beneficial mutation, you can try to keep it for a while, but most likely you'll get another negative mutation you'll want to immediately remove, and will probably lose the beneficial mutation too. It's only really worth it in the late game where the stat bonuses scale much higher.
>>
>>15509490
The damage per hit is pretty low, unless every hit connects you'll do less damage than a normal attack, and it gains no extra damage from Attribute.
On the plus side, it takes only 3sp, has a 3 tile range, it can proc weapon effects and crits, and does well on fast evasive enemies with low HP, like quicklings.
>>
>>15509784
>and it gains no extra damage from Attribute.
So no more speed equals more punches? Aw that sucks.
>>
File: 100hr.png (1 MB, 1593x599) Image search: [Google]
100hr.png
1 MB, 1593x599
>>15509055
I'm a martial artist mage hybrid. Specifically I'm a Eulderna Predator. Changed the class name though. Anyhow,

>>15509167
>You need to know your limits, first and foremost

This, this, and a bit more of this. Granted, if you're kind of a new player you probably won't know where your limits are exactly but as you experience the game you'll gain this awareness and it will keep you alive.

You say you got smashed by a group of wizards. Sounds like you have a resist problem if that's happening. Probably in the fire, ice, and maybe lightning category judging by your level. One solution is to find equipment that has those resists. Another is to level up the spell called attribution shield. That spell is a buff that will enhance your resists and the higher level the buff the stronger it is. Lastly, you can go to the truce grounds and convert to Itzpalt worship. Itzpalt will give you elemental resist bonuses if you worship him. He's also a very good god for wizards and I'll end up switching to him and staying with him after I collect all the god rewards.

General tips for playing Inferno Mode or really any other mode, the hardest part of the game imo is the beginning. Due to this, take your time in increasing your power. Do not rush in and attempt to do the hardest thing you can find because the reward seems good. This will get you killed. Instead, do the easiest things you can do and slowly build up.

At the very beginning of the game, focus on job board requests. They are much easier than doing dungeons at this point and arguably more profitable considering how fast you can clear some of the requests. In particular, focus on the ones that have you delivering an item or escorting an NPC to another town. Consult an Elona map on the wiki or something and try to take quests with short distances required. Use the gold and platinum you earn to buy better gear and to learn new skills.

Once you've got some gear and new skills branch out into doing hunting quests and harvest quests. Then after you've gotten some levels do level 1 dungeons and if that's not available the lowest ones you can find. For a very long time I only did lv1-10 dungeons to build up my power. When you go about raiding dungeons keep your eyes open for ancient books. These can be either be on the dungeon floor or dropped from the dungeon boss themselves sometimes. Collect as many as you can because you need them to join the mage guild. The single most important guild for a caster since you can reserve magic books from an NPC in that guild. If you're running low on a spell you like all you have to do is tell the NPC to reserve that spell and the next time you visit him he'll sell you spell books specifically of what you told him to reserve.

General tips for surviving Inferno mode that I'm following is to always be at least as twice as strong as the dungeons or bosses I'm fighting. I also always carry around a change creature rod or a stack of potions of mutation. If I see a creature I don't like I'll either use the rod or I'll throw the potion to change the creature into something that is much easier to deal with. I cast the contingency spell anytime I feel like I might have difficulty. The spell gives you a chance of not dying if an enemy manages to land a killing blow. It's not 100% chance but it's a bit of life insurance and can be very useful. Lastly, I have teleport and return hot keyed. If I need to get some distance to heal I'll teleport and if I really need to get the hell out of there I'll just cast return and teleport around until return activates sending me home.

Don't be afraid of failing quests or leaving dungeons you can't handle. If you see a boss you really don't want to fight leave. The fame loss is missed chance for loot is trivial compared to keeping your character alive. Also, don't feel like you only have to do dungeons to get powerful. My character has grown powerful and a lot of his activities take place out of dungeons actually. I can go on a whole rant about this but this post is already going to be long.

My final tip is to make sure your computer is running well and to make sure your computer is clean of any virus or anything that would make your computer unstable. I've probably logged in more than 1000 hours into Elona and have only had the game crash two times on me. The second crash actually happened several nights ago and while this didn't wipe my save the game thought I had saved scum. If you save scum in Inferno mode you receive the horrible penalty of having your life and magic attributes deducted by five and are saddled with -100 Karma. The Karma loss wasn't a big deal for me to recover but the life and magic attributes were a pain to make up. Had to track down quests and use a couple of my little sister turn ins to recover what I had lost. I'd hate to see someone play inferno mode with an unstable computer that crashes often and constantly gets the no save scum penalty.
>>
File: punchquest.png (2 MB, 1593x1797) Image search: [Google]
punchquest.png
2 MB, 1593x1797
>>15509838
Punch quest continues. Killed off all Chaos Fort bosses in South Tyris with just my fists, martial arts related buffs, and contingency. Martial arts buffs were clear mind and attribute. I'm coming for you next Amurdad. Well, when I finish the South Tyris main quest that is.
>>
>>15509838
>> 15509055 (not me btw)

Just drank my first blessed potion of restore body. I had no idea that this also boost attributes for a while. Might be a nice tip.

From the wiki: "If blessed, it will also increase these attributes by 5 + 10% of base, for a duration of ~12+ months or if you die." Same for restore spirit.
>>
>Get potions of soma from witch
>Always mix soma and disaster up
>Throw soma at boss
>He calls me a fool
>I am a fool

I am a fool
>>
>>15509838
Does changing the class name not remove the class bonus now?
>>
>>15510096
Don't think I've ever heard of someone losing their class feat if they changed their class name. If you change your class name you keep the feat of what you were. Character Creation or business card.

If you were to change your class using say the business card you only change the class feat if you type in another class using lower case. If you don't it's not like you lose the class feat you originally had.

http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Business_card
>>
>>15510164
>another class using lower case
another existing class is what I meant to say here.
>>
>>15481681
Don't play as much as I used to but I used to eat bread and other foods in people's stores to save cash.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 72

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.