[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let me ask you something. My friend is obsessed with going to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /jp/ - Otaku Culture

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 1
File: 5.jpg (48 KB, 612x448) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
48 KB, 612x448
Let me ask you something. My friend is obsessed with going to japan and find work there (any work) and live there. He's from central america and he is learning japanese. Does he have a chance?, or it's just another weeboo fag with an impossible dream?
>>
>>14630746
weaboo fag with an impossible dream. prices are sky high and the wages are low but you already knew that.
>>
>>14630746
Its not gonna happen buddy tell your weeb-trash friend to end him self
>>
>>14630756
He's currently working here and saving money he's wants to get $6000 and live in japan for a month. He wouldn't last a week there with that little money right?
>>
Does anyone actually hire foreign people in anything in Japan?
>>
>Your "friend"

Right.

Your hypothetical "friend" has very little chance of success unless he has a useful skill set and contacts in the place to which he is moving; he has virtually no chance of success if he does not.

Consider that Japan is extremely xenophobic and hostile (in a passive-aggressive way) towards any foreigners other than tourists, that only a handful of larger cities in Japan have real employment opportunities (ie not JET shit), that said larger cities with real employment opportunities have already have tons of people competing for jobs, that anywhere worth living in Japan is expensive as all hell, and that East Asians as a whole are basically /pol/, in the sense that they unironically believe that the darker your skin is = the less human you are. You are better off staying in your home country and growing the fuck up.
>>
>>14630771
USD to the Yen is a great conversion currently. The Yen is very weak (which was great for me buying shit for PSO2).

You'd probably last a few months on that cash, but your mileage may very. Tokyo would be WAY more expensive then say Sendai.
>>
>>14630779
Entertainment, English teachers, and civil defence (which is taken up by US ex-military that was usually stationed in Japan)... thats it.
>>
>>14630771
6000 is plenty for a month especially if you budget. like someone said earlier it would last you a few months no problem. but regretably you'd be way better off living in the US. go get yourself a college degree in any STEM field and make bank and go on vacations whenever. whats a couple years of suffering when you get paid 60k to sit in ac and work a 9 to 5 with paid time off and benefits.
>>
>>14630786
Vitiligo makes me 100x more human than they ever will be.
>>
>>14630786
>in the sense that they unironically believe that the darker your skin is = the less human you are
They arent wrong.
>>
If you have the right qualifications and have passed the business level Japanese test you can pretty much get any job a Japanese person can.

Have fun working 12+ hours a day in an extremely strict environment though.
>>
>>14630823
It will be a lot worst if the guy is from Costa Rica? I said central america (the continent) btw I'm a little white but the guy I'm talking is brown lol
>>
>>14630848
He plans on passing the N5 exam or whatever.
>>
>>14630871
That will get you nowhere, you can pass the N5 with a week of studying.
>>
>>14630871
>>14630873
He is right. Without atleast N2 your hope on a job is fairly slim.

Then again, I dont get this 'I want to work in japan' either. This guy has no clue what is going to end up doing.

12h workdays.
Either clingy forgeign-lovers or the opposite.
Awkward morning exercises in the office, as a group!
You are very rarley picker over a native when pretty much any choice for whatever has to be made.

I've been in Japan two years. Job-related.
Yeah, its fun. But seriously, you'll be a god and the devil to them at the same time.

Very few people treat you based on your actual skills and human level.

Outside of the workfield its more relaxed though.

The much better option is working your ass of in the west, trying to actually gain worthy money and then retire early and move over to enjoy your last 20~ years in leisure and japanese activities.

Then again, who wants to be a grumpy old man in japan, let alone in 30 years its not going to be the paradise anymore that it is now anyway.

Sorry, but that train is gone man. The perfect time for jumping ships would have been in the early 90's.
>>
>>14630793

What about all the super successful computer programmers from /jp/, with hot Japanese wives who go to Japan to program because Japanese are "so incompetent" at programming?

Don't tell me all those stories on /jp/ were lies!
>>
Unless he has a college education in a useful field or a skill, he's fucked. You know, just like moving into any other country. It's not like Japan is some magical place where the market laws of supply and demand don't apply.
>>
I live in Japan as a NEET and I have cool sports car and a cool wife and a cool European-style house.

Don't listen to all the others, Japan is a paradise where they treat you like God if you're gai-jin*.

(*jin means person, so gai-jin = gay person)
>>
Disgusting spic monkey needs to stay out of Japan
>>
/jp/ - Travel
>>
>>14630786
>in the sense that they unironically believe that the darker your skin is = the less human you are
Good, I'm pale as fuck.
>>
Why would anyone want to live in Japan?
>>
>>14632289
See http://zoomingjapan.com/life-in-japan/about-dating-in-japan/

>At least getting one woman after another into your bed, is really easy, even if you’re quite ugly!
>For some reason Japanese women seem to find even ugly foreign guys attractive …..

Japan is our only chance at making sure The Gene Seed of the /jp/ Chapter lives on.
>>
>>14630746
>>>/int/
>>
>>14632298
Ah, I see.
Well actually the second quoted line makes sense to me. I find even ugly Japanese women attractive and even attractive white women ugly. I don't know why. (I'm white)
>>
>>14632311
>I don't know why.

It's called "Yellow Fever". It's a mental disorder. Not as bad, but most likely closely related to the mental disorders where you think your arm doesn't belong to you, or that you're a woman even though you were born a male, which are much more dangerous disorders (to both you and people around you).
>>
I've been in the Australian Navy for about 4 years and I'm planning on going to Japan after I learn more Japanese on a cultural visa so I can further my kendo training. How much money would I realistically need?
>>
>>14630779
yes, I've seen indian people work at konbini, internet cafe, etc...I've even seen white people work at a department store one time.
>>
>>14632289
To snuggle under the kotatsu in winter while eating mikan and petting my 三毛 cat, eat and drink outside after work on a street stall or cozy spot, eat misc. tasty Japanese food, sweets culture, tea and senbei, trains, whatever.

I would like to go to Japan to attend film festivals, visit certain people and specialized stores, because what I can get here from the Internet (even with a middleman) and from rare local events is not enough. Just visiting is not enough though, unless I can afford to fly there every few months.

Or in general someone who tells themselves that they would fit in more with the Japanese culture of politeness or whatever. I guess the people who think that do not see the downsides (passive aggressiveness).
>>
>>14632317
Really? You'd put it on that level? Or are you trolling?

I know the general reason. My mom wasn't very nice, nor was my ex who wasn't so different than my mom.

So even though I know Asian women are just women and women are women, I can tolerate them better. Actually, anytime I get to know an Asian woman I tell them this... it doesn't bother them. I think it's pretty reasonable and harmless, really.

Why Asian? Probably a combination of them being the closest to caucasian, and, my exposure to them through pop culture.

At least it's not as I see them as submissive or inferior or something else stupid. And at least I'm not deluded about it. *shrug*

So I understand the Asian women who want any foriegn man. The genuine ones I mean, and not the ones who want something 'exotic' or something to show off to their friends.

They may have had an abusive father, bad experience with Asian bfs, something that lead them to have an aversion to their own kin.

>>14632384
I've done two geographics although neither was to Asia. I learned that there's nothing anywhere that you can't enjoy as much or more in your home country, and, that your problems just come with you. Also, it ends up making them worse. I know what you're saying though.
>>
>>14632440
Obviously, it is difficult to adjust, most people cannot do that, especially coming from a western country, and being a visible minority, but that is mostly because people have unreasonable expectations and don't really know what they are doing or have concrete plans. That surely applies to OP's "friend", though.
>>
>>14632450
I feel I did not properly respond:
>there's nothing anywhere that you can't enjoy as much or more in your home country
I don't think that is true. What about food? Yes, you can import, but it won't be fresh. Especially with Japan being an island and big on fish and seafood. And language? You might try to immerse yourself in Japanese media, but outside, it is still the same. It's not possible to "switch cultures" on a whim. You do have to learn to "fit in" if you move which people seem to underestimate, but trying to imitate a different culture in your home country won't be more successful. On the other hand, imitation is easier to do and free of commitment, even though in the end, it feels half-assed
>>
>>14630771
What "your friend" should do is git gud with computers and either do remote work or freelance online so you can avoid the shit work culture in Japan while still being able to live in the country. Good luck maybe.
>>
>>14630793
>civil defence
Any more information? I wouldn't know where to start looking, but I've always kind of wanted to learn how to fight.
>>
You can work in Japan (and when I say 'Japan', I'm generally talking about major cities within Japan) with little problem so long as you have: a skill, education, and money. You need money to get there, you need money to learn Japanese, and you need money to support yourself while you're there. Once you're there, start instantly looking for a job. There are generally two jobs that you can realistically expect to do: English Teaching, computer programming. English teacher is the easiest job to get. Being a computer programmer requires programming skills (obviously), and Japanese ability. It pays better and is generally a better career. Don't listen to the trolls telling you it's not possible. Just don't have unrealistic expectations, your friend (or you) will get nowhere with those.
>>
>>14630756
>prices are sky high

Maybe compared to Mexico, not compared to London or NY
>>
Thanks for the replies guys I guess my friend is going anyway he's asking me to go along with him but I don't have a "real" job yet and I can't save that much of money also I stopped watching japan shit long ago my friend still loves that shit.
>>
>>14630823
>go get yourself a college degree in any STEM field
Except physics.
>>
>>14630823
the basic route eh. One would be caught up in it so much that he wouldn't find the passion to go to Japan anymore...
>>
>>14630746
Its not impossible. I have a friend like that, he spoke fluent Japanse after 3 years, and he is currently a transfer student in Japan and staying there till summer this year.
With dedication its possible, but if he is just another weeaboo propably not
>>
>>14632384
>三毛

Your cat's name is MIKE.

That's funny. My cat's name is BOB
>>
>>14632903
Why not?
>>
>>14632649
>computer programming.
There he is!! The "you can be a computer programmer in Japan since they're all incompetent and don't know how to program!" shiller.

Get him!!
>>
It fucking sucks since they get paid shit for menial work with no future prospects.
>>
>>14634308
Who's "they"?
>>
>>14634289
When did this become a meme?
>>
>>14634524
You are witnessing the Birth of a Meme.
>>
>>14630746
>He's from central america
Does he look white? That's actually pretty important. Some non-whites/non-asians can do well in Japan, but dark skinned Latinos probably not.
>>
>>14634610
It's gross, just like real birth.
>>
>>14634617
Um...excuse me? Gimmeabrake, man, king of the "Morons" is the most successful gaijin in Japan who earns money from being a lowly English teacher-parasite.
>>
Something is missing here.
>>
>>14634921
This, my friends, is what will become of /jp/ in the future.
>>
http://japaneseruleof7.com/tokyo-salaries-all-you-need-to-know/

Dios mio, that "lowest" salary tier where you can barely afford food? You could live like upper class here with the same amount of money earned.

This is insane. Like the lowest quality of life salary in Japan = 10x (minimum) than lowest quality of life salary here.
>>
Do not listen to the haters in this thread. You can do it OP, ganbatte.

Japan is the best country on Earth to live in!
>>
>>14632308
I'd post on /int/ but /int/ shows your flag and that makes me embarrassed.
>>
This thread was moved to >>>/trv/1072341
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.