[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let me ask you something. My friend is obsessed with going to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 155
Thread images: 1
File: 5.jpg (48 KB, 612x448) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
48 KB, 612x448
Let me ask you something. My friend is obsessed with going to japan and find work there (any work) and live there. He's from central america and he is learning japanese. Does he have a chance?, or it's just another weeboo fag with an impossible dream?
>>
>>1072341
weaboo fag with an impossible dream. prices are sky high and the wages are low but you already knew that.
>>
>>1072341
Its not gonna happen buddy tell your weeb-trash friend to end him self
>>
>>1072342
He's currently working here and saving money he's wants to get $6000 and live in japan for a month. He wouldn't last a week there with that little money right?
>>
Does anyone actually hire foreign people in anything in Japan?
>>
>Your "friend"

Right.

Your hypothetical "friend" has very little chance of success unless he has a useful skill set and contacts in the place to which he is moving; he has virtually no chance of success if he does not.

Consider that Japan is extremely xenophobic and hostile (in a passive-aggressive way) towards any foreigners other than tourists, that only a handful of larger cities in Japan have real employment opportunities (ie not JET shit), that said larger cities with real employment opportunities have already have tons of people competing for jobs, that anywhere worth living in Japan is expensive as all hell, and that East Asians as a whole are basically /pol/, in the sense that they unironically believe that the darker your skin is = the less human you are. You are better off staying in your home country and growing the fuck up.
>>
>>1072344
USD to the Yen is a great conversion currently. The Yen is very weak (which was great for me buying shit for PSO2).

You'd probably last a few months on that cash, but your mileage may very. Tokyo would be WAY more expensive then say Sendai.
>>
>>1072345
Entertainment, English teachers, and civil defence (which is taken up by US ex-military that was usually stationed in Japan)... thats it.
>>
>>1072344
6000 is plenty for a month especially if you budget. like someone said earlier it would last you a few months no problem. but regretably you'd be way better off living in the US. go get yourself a college degree in any STEM field and make bank and go on vacations whenever. whats a couple years of suffering when you get paid 60k to sit in ac and work a 9 to 5 with paid time off and benefits.
>>
>>1072346
Vitiligo makes me 100x more human than they ever will be.
>>
>>1072346
>in the sense that they unironically believe that the darker your skin is = the less human you are
They arent wrong.
>>
If you have the right qualifications and have passed the business level Japanese test you can pretty much get any job a Japanese person can.

Have fun working 12+ hours a day in an extremely strict environment though.
>>
>>1072349
It will be a lot worst if the guy is from Costa Rica? I said central america (the continent) btw I'm a little white but the guy I'm talking is brown lol
>>
>>1072352
He plans on passing the N5 exam or whatever.
>>
>>1072354
That will get you nowhere, you can pass the N5 with a week of studying.
>>
>>1072354
>>1072355
He is right. Without atleast N2 your hope on a job is fairly slim.

Then again, I dont get this 'I want to work in japan' either. This guy has no clue what is going to end up doing.

12h workdays.
Either clingy forgeign-lovers or the opposite.
Awkward morning exercises in the office, as a group!
You are very rarley picker over a native when pretty much any choice for whatever has to be made.

I've been in Japan two years. Job-related.
Yeah, its fun. But seriously, you'll be a god and the devil to them at the same time.

Very few people treat you based on your actual skills and human level.

Outside of the workfield its more relaxed though.

The much better option is working your ass of in the west, trying to actually gain worthy money and then retire early and move over to enjoy your last 20~ years in leisure and japanese activities.

Then again, who wants to be a grumpy old man in japan, let alone in 30 years its not going to be the paradise anymore that it is now anyway.

Sorry, but that train is gone man. The perfect time for jumping ships would have been in the early 90's.
>>
>>1072348

What about all the super successful computer programmers from /jp/, with hot Japanese wives who go to Japan to program because Japanese are "so incompetent" at programming?

Don't tell me all those stories on /jp/ were lies!
>>
Unless he has a college education in a useful field or a skill, he's fucked. You know, just like moving into any other country. It's not like Japan is some magical place where the market laws of supply and demand don't apply.
>>
I live in Japan as a NEET and I have cool sports car and a cool wife and a cool European-style house.

Don't listen to all the others, Japan is a paradise where they treat you like God if you're gai-jin*.

(*jin means person, so gai-jin = gay person)
>>
Disgusting spic monkey needs to stay out of Japan
>>
/jp/ - Travel
>>
>>1072346
>in the sense that they unironically believe that the darker your skin is = the less human you are
Good, I'm pale as fuck.
>>
Why would anyone want to live in Japan?
>>
>>1072363
See http://zoomingjapan.com/life-in-japan/about-dating-in-japan/

>At least getting one woman after another into your bed, is really easy, even if you’re quite ugly!
>For some reason Japanese women seem to find even ugly foreign guys attractive …..

Japan is our only chance at making sure The Gene Seed of the /jp/ Chapter lives on.
>>
>>1072341
>>>/int/
>>
>>1072364
Ah, I see.
Well actually the second quoted line makes sense to me. I find even ugly Japanese women attractive and even attractive white women ugly. I don't know why. (I'm white)
>>
>>1072366
>I don't know why.

It's called "Yellow Fever". It's a mental disorder. Not as bad, but most likely closely related to the mental disorders where you think your arm doesn't belong to you, or that you're a woman even though you were born a male, which are much more dangerous disorders (to both you and people around you).
>>
I've been in the Australian Navy for about 4 years and I'm planning on going to Japan after I learn more Japanese on a cultural visa so I can further my kendo training. How much money would I realistically need?
>>
>>1072345
yes, I've seen indian people work at konbini, internet cafe, etc...I've even seen white people work at a department store one time.
>>
>>1072363
To snuggle under the kotatsu in winter while eating mikan and petting my 三毛 cat, eat and drink outside after work on a street stall or cozy spot, eat misc. tasty Japanese food, sweets culture, tea and senbei, trains, whatever.

I would like to go to Japan to attend film festivals, visit certain people and specialized stores, because what I can get here from the Internet (even with a middleman) and from rare local events is not enough. Just visiting is not enough though, unless I can afford to fly there every few months.

Or in general someone who tells themselves that they would fit in more with the Japanese culture of politeness or whatever. I guess the people who think that do not see the downsides (passive aggressiveness).
>>
>>1072367
Really? You'd put it on that level? Or are you trolling?

I know the general reason. My mom wasn't very nice, nor was my ex who wasn't so different than my mom.

So even though I know Asian women are just women and women are women, I can tolerate them better. Actually, anytime I get to know an Asian woman I tell them this... it doesn't bother them. I think it's pretty reasonable and harmless, really.

Why Asian? Probably a combination of them being the closest to caucasian, and, my exposure to them through pop culture.

At least it's not as I see them as submissive or inferior or something else stupid. And at least I'm not deluded about it. *shrug*

So I understand the Asian women who want any foriegn man. The genuine ones I mean, and not the ones who want something 'exotic' or something to show off to their friends.

They may have had an abusive father, bad experience with Asian bfs, something that lead them to have an aversion to their own kin.

>>1072370
I've done two geographics although neither was to Asia. I learned that there's nothing anywhere that you can't enjoy as much or more in your home country, and, that your problems just come with you. Also, it ends up making them worse. I know what you're saying though.
>>
>>1072371
Obviously, it is difficult to adjust, most people cannot do that, especially coming from a western country, and being a visible minority, but that is mostly because people have unreasonable expectations and don't really know what they are doing or have concrete plans. That surely applies to OP's "friend", though.
>>
>>1072372
I feel I did not properly respond:
>there's nothing anywhere that you can't enjoy as much or more in your home country
I don't think that is true. What about food? Yes, you can import, but it won't be fresh. Especially with Japan being an island and big on fish and seafood. And language? You might try to immerse yourself in Japanese media, but outside, it is still the same. It's not possible to "switch cultures" on a whim. You do have to learn to "fit in" if you move which people seem to underestimate, but trying to imitate a different culture in your home country won't be more successful. On the other hand, imitation is easier to do and free of commitment, even though in the end, it feels half-assed
>>
>>1072344
What "your friend" should do is git gud with computers and either do remote work or freelance online so you can avoid the shit work culture in Japan while still being able to live in the country. Good luck maybe.
>>
>>1072348
>civil defence
Any more information? I wouldn't know where to start looking, but I've always kind of wanted to learn how to fight.
>>
You can work in Japan (and when I say 'Japan', I'm generally talking about major cities within Japan) with little problem so long as you have: a skill, education, and money. You need money to get there, you need money to learn Japanese, and you need money to support yourself while you're there. Once you're there, start instantly looking for a job. There are generally two jobs that you can realistically expect to do: English Teaching, computer programming. English teacher is the easiest job to get. Being a computer programmer requires programming skills (obviously), and Japanese ability. It pays better and is generally a better career. Don't listen to the trolls telling you it's not possible. Just don't have unrealistic expectations, your friend (or you) will get nowhere with those.
>>
>>1072342
>prices are sky high

Maybe compared to Mexico, not compared to London or NY
>>
Thanks for the replies guys I guess my friend is going anyway he's asking me to go along with him but I don't have a "real" job yet and I can't save that much of money also I stopped watching japan shit long ago my friend still loves that shit.
>>
>>1072349
>go get yourself a college degree in any STEM field
Except physics.
>>
>>1072349
the basic route eh. One would be caught up in it so much that he wouldn't find the passion to go to Japan anymore...
>>
>>1072341
Its not impossible. I have a friend like that, he spoke fluent Japanse after 3 years, and he is currently a transfer student in Japan and staying there till summer this year.
With dedication its possible, but if he is just another weeaboo propably not
>>
>>1072370
>三毛

Your cat's name is MIKE.

That's funny. My cat's name is BOB
>>
>>1072379
Why not?
>>
>>1072376
>computer programming.
There he is!! The "you can be a computer programmer in Japan since they're all incompetent and don't know how to program!" shiller.

Get him!!
>>
It fucking sucks since they get paid shit for menial work with no future prospects.
>>
>>1072385
Who's "they"?
>>
>>1072384
When did this become a meme?
>>
>>1072387
You are witnessing the Birth of a Meme.
>>
>>1072341
>He's from central america
Does he look white? That's actually pretty important. Some non-whites/non-asians can do well in Japan, but dark skinned Latinos probably not.
>>
>>1072388
It's gross, just like real birth.
>>
>>1072389
Um...excuse me? Gimmeabrake, man, king of the "Morons" is the most successful gaijin in Japan who earns money from being a lowly English teacher-parasite.
>>
Something is missing here.
>>
>>14634921
This, my friends, is what will become of /jp/ in the future.
>>
http://japaneseruleof7.com/tokyo-salaries-all-you-need-to-know/

Dios mio, that "lowest" salary tier where you can barely afford food? You could live like upper class here with the same amount of money earned.

This is insane. Like the lowest quality of life salary in Japan = 10x (minimum) than lowest quality of life salary here.
>>
Do not listen to the haters in this thread. You can do it OP, ganbatte.

Japan is the best country on Earth to live in!
>>
>>1072365
I'd post on /int/ but /int/ shows your flag and that makes me embarrassed.
>>
>>1072345
yeah. Most I know who work there do some kind of IT work, but I also met some translators, English teachers, language researchers, photographers, even a guy that does research on volcanoes
>>
>>1072355
>pass N5 in a week of studying

I've heard some peacocking exaggerations on 4chan about learning Japanese before, but this might take the cake. N5 is quite easy, and a very dedicated person could maybe pass it with a month of study but most would need a couple months. At the very least, there is listening on the JLPT, and listening skills take more time to develop.

I get the feeling this whole thread is a subtle troll though. Its like the same thread as the guy who wanted to supposedly move to Japan with his cat.
>>
>>1072341
OP="friend"
>>
>>1072417
Actually 99.9% of white gaijin in Japan are English teachers. 0.1% have other jobs.

For black gaijin, there is a lot less percentage of English teachers because of all the Nigerians doing shady in the seedy parts of Japan.
>>
>>1072437
got sauce on that? not disagreeing that there's a lot of English teachers but those percentages seem arbitrary

Also I wasn't saying that their equal but there's other possibilities too if you have the right qualifications
>>
>>1072438
I guess he exaggerate a bit but it's
70% engurish techur
15% US military personal
15% people with real jobs

https://jobs.gaijinpot.com/job/index/lang/en
>>
>>1072446
Looks like 90% English teacher to me, looking at that site. Also, US military personnel doesn't really count like a Japanese job, it's an job paid by America that you work overseas. Just like soldiers in Afghanistan doesn't mean that the majority of foreigners in Afghanistan are employed as military personnel.
>>
>>1072347
Ayyy, how much ARKS Cash can I get with 10$? I played back when yen was somewhat strong?
>>
>>1072446
Also man those Tokyo salaries are pathetic. You could barely afford a life as a cockroach if you work in Tokyo as an English teacher.

According to http://japaneseruleof7.com/tokyo-salaries-all-you-need-to-know/, 250,000 yen is barely enough to not die from starving and not be homeless.
>>
>>1072396

RARE
>>
>>1072468
Esl fag here. Cant really save much money but its enough to live alright and spend some fun bux a couple times a month.
>>
>>1072521
>live alright
You mean eating the 1 dollar ramen pack every day?
>>
>>1072468
Even autism bucks in switzerland is twice as much money kek. I work 50% and earn 3x more kek.
>>
>>1072525
You seriously have autism bucks?
>>
You guys know if there's a demand for skilled trades in nippon? Welding especially.

Haven't found any significant info on this and I'm curious.
>>
>>1072811
I work with special ed kids that will most likely end up on disability pension aka autism bucks once they leave school. So yea I know how much it is.
I get 7340 CHF for my 50% part time job, I mean I need time to travel so it's good enough.
>>
>>1072468
>>1072525
I was studying Japanese in Osaka for 9 months. My budget was 30'000 swiss francs for 11 months (9 in Japan, 2 travelling in East-Asia).
My rent was 43'000 yen including Internet, Gas and Electricity for a 1 room apartment. Enough for myself and occasionaly bring a girl home.
Overdid it a bit with booze spending 30-40k an month on it. Food is super cheap ecpecially if you're used to the prices in Switzerland.
Didn't use public transportation that often because i had a bicycle and my school was 15 mins away.
Overall i can say you can survive in Osaka with 200'000 a month easily.
Tokyo might be another story. Don't really like it here anyway.
>>
>>1072901
Exactly, Osaka is nothing like Tokyo. You'd need literally double the amount of money to be able to afford all you could in Osaka there.
>>
>>1072898
over 7k for a 50% job here? that's fucking awesome. Can i apply?
>>
>>1072904
You need a Master in Social Work and be male.
>>
>>1072905
Male, no Master. guess i'm good with my 5500 and 5 week holidays.

That brings me to another point. You have like 10 days of paid holidays a year in Japan. Thats nothing, even with golden week included.
Many people dont even take the whole 10 days because the higher-ups would see them as "lazy" or "not willing to work".

Source: My ex who's Japanese.
>>
>>1072908
That's totally fine bro as salaries will go up. I just got lucky and ended up with a dream job after deciding I won't work another day in banking or insurances.

I can't agree more we have a paradise here and I wouldn't want to trade it. But weebs always dream about living in japan and even work for peanuts.

take care bro.
>>
>>1072523
His estimates are a bit high, and has the distinct note of the typical "jaded, cynical, 'dream crushing' gaijin-whose-been-in-Japan-a-long-time."

Most English teachers do not live in the 23 special wards of Tokyo. His estimate of 80,000 for an apartment there is basically accurate. For the 23 special wards you won't find one for much less than that. (My current apartment that I share with my gf in the city is exactly that. Her work subsidizes 20,000-- we split the rest, so I pay 30,000 a month). Anyway.

My first ESL job in Japan, I lived in Musashi Koganei, which is a western suburb of Tokyo. It's about 20 minutes from Shinjuku on Chuo special express. Rent? 50,000. To be 20 minutes from Shinjuku. So there is that. Again, most ESL teachers don't live in the city, but not living in the city doesn't mean you're in the boonies, and rent is drastically cheaper in the western wards, + Saitama, Chiba, Kanagawa...

Let's break down his other estimates.

>Rent 80,000
Accurate, I agree with this. For an apartment in the special wards. But again, 30,000 or so extra in your pocket if you live in the burbs.

>Gas, Water, Electricity 12,000
U wot m8? Very high.. Where does he get this? 4,000 a bill?? Absolutely no way. I'd say my 3 bills generally come to 6,000. 8,000 in the summer because I have my air conditioner on.

>Cell Phone 10,000
I pay 7,000 a month for a smart phone on contract.

>Internet 4,000
Meh, I paid 3,000 a month, but believable. Contracts very obviously.

>Food 30,000
Basically accurate I guess.

>Booze 10,000

He's making a big assumption that everyone spends this on booze. But I do know that 711 booze is cheap.

If you live in the near burbs or satellite cities, 250,000 a month is comfortable. So long as you're not like the author of this article and you "NEED BOOZE XD" (check comments) and don't waste your money getting wasted all the time (too many shitty ESLfags do this).

I do agree that 230,000 is getting pretty pathetic though.
>>
>>1072383
>>Physics
>Why not?
Ignore anon, there's plenty of call for Java programmers and I know two with PhDs in Physics.
>>
>>1072964
Why Java programmers?
>>
>>1072908
Even shitty English teaching gigs offer a minimum of 11. Most places let you bank a years worth of holidays, plus theres atleast one national holiday every single month in Japan. Sounds like you misunderstood her
>>
>>1072918
Conbini booze is the most expensive alcohol you can buy outside of a bar.
>>
>>1072345
I was offered a job for the Ministry of Health for drinking water quality.

They pay wasn't worth it, and I didn't know the language, so I said no. Intend on visiting next year, but it wasn't the right move for me.
>>
>>1073202
>drinking water quality
Let me guess, your job was to drink water to see if it's not poisonous to gaijin, 2 hours a day.
>>
>>1073212
Haha.

No, microbiologist, high intensity samples of treated water taken to analyse for coliforms.

Won't bore you with more details.
>>
>>1072348
Entertainment and English teacher is kind of the same depending on whom you ask. All gaijin who are not soldiers in Japan are there just to be dancing bear, to entertain the Nihonjin uber-race.

You can literally speak perfect Japanese and at best the Japanese will be confused and still talk to you in English, at worst they get offended that this gaijin pig dares to speak their language.
>>
>>1073195
Of course super markets are cheaper. But conbinis are more... convenient. You can get a 16 oz tall boy of chuhai at a conbini 9% alcohol for like 150 yen. Not exactly breaking.the bank man..
>>
>>1073269
>You can literally speak perfect Japanese and at best the Japanese will be confused and still talk to you in English, at worst they get offended that this gaijin pig dares to speak their language

Fuck off with this bullshit. Fucking troll whose never been to Japan.
>>
>>1073214

I'm currently doing my MSc in micro, have you done much work-travelling with your degree?
>>
>>1073313
Actually, that's what all the people who've lived in Japan as English teachers for more than 7 years and who don't make extra money by telling weebs how Japan is great on YouTube (aka "Jay-Vloggers") say.
>>
>>1073179
>Why Java programmers?
I think they had to use it in their physics degree or something.
>>
>>1073400
This. If you wanna know what Japan be like you gotta listen to some REAL TALK from REAL GAIJIN like LION BOUNDLESS and KEN SEMENROI.
>>
I am Turkish what do Japanese think of Turkish people? I have white skin but brown hair and eyes. I am thinking of having my internship in Japan or South Korea.
>>
>>1073400
how clueless can they be? Christ
>>1073445
I think generally Japanese people don't really have any positive or negative thoughts about Turkish people. You're just another "white" gaijin to them. Maybe they'll know something about Turkey if they eat Kebap, which there are some stands of in Tokyo mostly run by Turks
>>
>>1073439
Lol.
>>
>>1073452
>. You're just another "white" gaijin to them.

This has to be bait right?

>Turks
>white

Even if you are trying to be PC and call them white, the Japs know and will never treat you the way they reserve for whites.
>>
>>1073461
Hence the "whites". Japanese won't know the difference between say somebody from Italy or from Turkey, especially if they have the same skin color. Japanese generally don't differentiate between one whitey or another.
>>
>>1073452
I dunno we have a Turkish national in our office and his nickname is ISIS since about midway through last year. Japanese are completely oblivious that they act like dickheads to anyone who isn't "traditionally Japanese" looking.
>>
>>1073336
No, but as I said I had the opportunity, in Japan and Spain. Need the experience in work first.
>>
>>1073461
In Japan people are either Japanese, Asian, or not Japanese.
>>
>>1073565
Actually, if you're Asian you can easily fit in if you speak Japanese. They will speak to you in Japanese always.

Meanwhile, you can be Ken-fucking-sama (get it?) and speak with perfect Japanese and they will still speak English to you, even if you keep speaking Japanese.

That ad they made about this is probably the most perfect Japanese ad of the decade - especially because the Japanese themselves STILL didn't get it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLBShiGoJFo
>>
>>1073566
Man, we really need another Hiroshima. How can they be so "auugh ignorant!!"?
>>
>>1073269
Hasn't been my experience here. Japanese people suck at English. You have to twist their arm to get any English out of them, although they all know some as they've studied in school.

Japanese are relieved and appreciative when I use even my mediocre Japanese. Any time I use Japanese they use Japanese. You sound like you have an ax to grind but what your saying doesn't ring true.

You people have to understand that a people as shitty at English as the Japanese aren't going to proactively use English with like this guy keeps insisting. I don't know where he gets off.
>>
>>1073654
I think I'm gonna take the word of literal legends that everyone knows for a fact are real gaijin niggas, or the people who made that video above, over supposed unconfirmed anecdotal evidence of Anonymous tourist.
>>
>>1073670
http://japaneseruleof7.com/english-in-japan/

All evidence points to.
>>
>>1073671
>http://japaneseruleof7.com/english-in-japan/
Are you the same guy that keeps spamming this guy's blog? It's a couple anecdotes. Who cares? It doesn't change the fact that it hasn't been my experience here. What do you want me to say, "oh, okay my experience dealing with people using Japanese here isn't the way it is, because 'look at muh links!!"

Perhaps my Japanese is better than his? My accent is better? Maybe when he speaks Japanese it comes off that he's struggling with it more than I do? When faced with this, a Japanese person may be compelled to avert a conflict and help by trying to use English. It's not hard to envision a kind of reciprocal gratitude being triggered. You are going out of your way to speak Japanese so they want to return the favor by speaking English.

I do actually like his blog. His article about busting the "Japanese worship even ugly white guys" meme is good. Especially the point he makes about it only being western women and Japanese guys who say that (two groups who feel most threatened by a foreign guy/Japanese girl pairing).

But I digress. Again, this has not been my experience speaking Japanese to Japanese people here.
>>
>>1073730
Lian Boundless, a guy who lived in Japan for 15 years, and who never met Ken Semenroi or even knows about him, says literally the same thing.

And that video above that you keep ignoring also confirms that this is the experience of 99% of gaijin who are TRYING TO FIT IN.

>Perhaps my Japanese is better than his?
Yeah, a 4channer who studied Japanese for 3 years for sure is better than some guy who lives in Japan and has lived there for like 9 years and taught English there all the time.
>>
>>1073843
not him but I never had that experience. I was in Japan twice in the past two years and I have never had the experience that somebody tried to speak English to me after I spoke Japanese to them. After saying simple stuff like こんにちは or something, they might wait to see if you know anything beyond that, but once they realize that you can actually speak more than that, they just speak in Japanese to you.

Have you ever been to Japan or are you just trying to base your assumptions based on some other people?

>Yeah, a 4channer who studied Japanese for 3 years for sure is better than some guy who lives in Japan and has lived there for like 9 years and taught English there all the time.

Actually, English teachers are notorious for not learning the language where they live. Some companies even prefer teachers who don't know Japanese over those who do. Not saying it's the case here, but just because somebody has been living for 9 years in a country doesn't mean his language skills are actually better than those of somebody who studies the language e.g. on college level or something
>>
>>1073730
>Are you the same guy that keeps spamming this guy's blog? It's a couple anecdotes. Who cares? It doesn't change the fact that it hasn't been my experience here. What do you want me to say, "oh, okay my experience dealing with people using Japanese here isn't the way it is, because 'look at muh links!!"
I'm laughing, because I have no experience with this problem in Japan (because I don't speak a single word of Japanese). The video was hilarious though.

I recall my own experience as a child of 12....in London as a tourist...Piccadilly Circus 1981..pretty good height of punk era and such..marveling at the brightly colored mohawks and leather and studs on everyone, and my older brother and I stopping a man on the street for quick directions. This black man spoke with a wonderful cockney (err, whatever kind of strong accent), when replying to him. And, I had _never_ seen a black person speak like that. It surprised me stupid as I was, for a moment, that of course it wouldn't be like it was at home, but like everyone else in the country. And, I quickly had a laugh at myself, stranger in a stranger land and all that. But, could it not be how a local in Japan feels, if they were quite sheltered in a smaller town, smaller existence and had little exposure to foreigners and different peoples alike? Just an immature moment of expecting something you're not getting, and simply not being used to it.
>>
>>1073843
Honestly one of the biggest motivators for me to switch jobs and to study Japanese were the large number of English teachers that had been teaching in Japanese but could barely speak or understand any Japanese. Not all of them, but a large enough chunk that it was embarrassing.

I knew some Japanese before going but my former coworker knew absolutely zero before he moved to Japan and just studied some on his own after arriving. After a year he requested a transfer closer to his apartment. There was one coworker at his new branch there who'd been teaching for nearly 15 years in Japan. My former coworker spoke and understood Japanese better than him.
>>
>>1073730
I speak intermediate Japanese and have pretty much never had people try to switch to English. Sometimes it takes one sentence or two, but after they see I can speak Japanese more than just the basic greetings, they'll gladly drop trying to use English.

These posts are just another example of people who have never been to Japan and make all their claims based on hearsay. Just as bad as the weeaboos who think they will automatically get a 10/10 Japanese gf the moment they step foot inside Japan.
>>
>>1073904
>Just as bad as the weeaboos who think they will automatically get a 10/10 Japanese gf the moment they step foot inside Japan.
Just as bad as you then?

The point is that the things that those people say are perfectly rational and understandable, every single one of those. Whites in Japan getting the same treatment as blacks would get in America if they ventured into white neighbourhoods in the country in the north or something, or as blacks or Asians would get in countries in Europe that literally have none of that.

The only exception are those in big cities who avoid all the "racially insensitive & politically incorrect" remarks because they're your classic degenerate city weasels (whether it's Japan or Whiteyland, USA or the few cosmopolitan cities in Russia).
>>
>>1073938
And what is your source on that? If you have never been to Japan and are only quoting angry sjw blogs, don't bother.
>>
>>1073566
That video is pure trash. There's a brief staged scene, and then they go all SJW on it.
>>
>>1073966
I like how they clearly edited it to make it less obvious that they were only answering the way they did because they had never run into a foreigner that actually speaks Japanese, so they have no idea what the common complaints about living in Japan as a foreigner with good Japanese even are (and I wouldn't even say this is a particularly common one). They didn't get it because it was presenting an internet meme for a demographic they had never come in contact with.

Godspeed expat lives matter movement. Maybe one day you'll reach the glorious nirvana of Japanese people not assuming you can't speak the language that most foreign people who come to visit can't speak!
>>
>>1074002
They took the clips of Japanese people who simply didn't know how to respond to that bait video. And then they frame it as "OMG RACISM".
>>
>>1073964
>>1073966
>muh SJW boogeyman

The classic Western weaboo fallback mechanism at work.

You can lie to yourself all you want but Japan is racist and filled with microaggressions against foreigners and people who actually lived there and speak Japanese much better than anyone who ever visited 4chan (who isn't native) confirm that living in Japan is literal torture if you try to fit in.

Of course, those who live in Japan with their Japanese wife speaking 0 Japanese themselves (or almost 0) will love Japan since they fully embrace their gijin dancing bear role.
>>
>>1074071
Your feeble trolling attempts fail on /trv/ . After all, there are several people here who have actually been to Japan and lived there.

You have never been to Japan. Admit it.
>>
>>1074079
>You have never been to Japan. Admit it.
So? Of course I'd never want to live in Japan. I thought I had it bad as a [spoilers]black woman[/spoilers] living in the United States already but the racism that all non-Asian foreigners face is doubled for people like me.
>>
its very possible to move to another country and learn the language
you're a little shit trying to shit on someone's dreams of something he wants to do

don't be a fucking shitter
>>
>>1074096
Then stop talking like you know shit. God damn it I thought this retardation was b8 but no
>>
>>1074096
>THIS IS HOW JAPAN IS
>never been there

Wew lad.
>>
>>1074127
If you come to 4chan enough you'll see these pathetic cognitive dissonance weeaboos all the time. Basically they're basement dwelling troglodytes who want to go to Japan but they're uneducated dependent NEET shut-ins so it's an impossibility. So any time there's mention of Japan or people going there or living there their gelatinous assrage manifests itself in the "dream crusher" role. They try to disparage others and keep them on their own level.
>>
KILL WHITEY!!
>>
>>1074149
But you don't actually need to be in a country to know how it is. If anything, having only "light" (or tourist) experiences gives you the exact opposite image of what the country is like.

To truly know the country, you have to listen to foreigners who have been living there for nearly a decade.

Not deluded weaboos who are willing to ignore all the bad just because of their anime pillows.
>>
>>1074282
>If anything, having only "light" (or tourist) experiences gives you the exact opposite image of what the country is like.

You're addressing a guy who lives in Japan so I don't know why you're bringing up tourists.
>>
>>1074289
Yeah, I bet he does...for maybe a year or so. Or he's a weaboo. Weaboo experiences are literally instantly to be discarded for us normals.
>>
>>1074282
At what point do you decide to chalk up these "experiences" as people who just like to whine? Why would anyone who isn't a weeb move to Japan, feel like they're treated like shit for 15 straight years and just not leave? Don't you think you should take advice from people with more common sense...?

You might want to think long and hard about why life in Japan sucking is so important to you.
>>
>>1074296
>Why would anyone who isn't a weeb move to Japan
It's the only career option for English majors?
>>
If these articles aren't bible for you
http://japaneseruleof7.com/tag/japanese-racism/
then you're a weaboo!
>>
>>1074296
>Why would anyone who isn't a weeb move to Japan
There is more to Japan than anime, man.

>You might want to think long and hard about why life in Japan sucking is so important to you.

End of discussion.

>>1074291
>Yeah, I bet he does...for maybe a year or so.
So people who haven't been in the country a really long time clearly have positive rose colored bias, but jaded losers who have been there 15 years are somehow objective and their opinions aren't colored by NEGATIVE bias? Come on man, that's silly.

>Weaboo experiences are literally instantly to be discarded for us normals.
Translation: "If he's not bitter and negative, he's a weeaboo, if he is, he's fine."

This is a no-win game for the opposition for you, and there has to be a reason for that. What is the reason. Again, why is the idea of life in Japan being bad so necessary for you?

It's like you want to will it to be that way. Why?
>>
Guys, just give it a rest, the "Japan sucks" insistent people are just trolls who fall into 2 categories.

1. "Cognitive dissonance weebs" as described here: >>1074157

Sexual frustration is a powerful tool for butt hurt. These anti Japan people are here on the Burmese shadow pupper show forum in the first place, so...They probably post all these comments and then jack it to JAV and hentai after to calm down.

2. Simple trolls who just want to try to fluster weebs by insisting life in Japan is terrible.

Don't feed them. OP probably checked out of this thread a long time ago. The mods should just delete it.
>>
>>1074324
Yeah man, I bet Seeroi-sama is a degenerate hentai fapper troll. He for sure doesn't want to prevent weaboos like you from becoming slaves to the exploitive Japanese English teacher industry, just because you're deluded fanatics. Not like weaboos willing to worth for less than minimum wage are going to threaten his livelihood...oh wait!
>>
>>1074325
>I bet Seeroi-sama is a degenerate hentai fapper troll.

Different guy, but he kind of is. He has said that he studied the language and visited several times before he made the move.
>>
>>1074322
I worded that weird. My point was that only weebs (or just generally unhappy people) would find a reason to stay there if they thought it was a racist shithole.

That being said >>1074324 is right. Not sure why I even bothered, really.
>>
>>1074325
Your man crush Ken Seeroi is, in fact, a massive weeb. He began studying Japanese years before he moved there. He had his rose colored glasses punched in by reality, but he remains a weeb as evidenced by the fact that he's been in Japan almost a decade and shows no signs of leaving.

As to the Japanese using English with you thing that started this whole thing, I remember reading comments he made offhand in comments sections or elsewhere and he did say "at first" in one instance. I think this goes back to his Japanese sucking at first. Idk if I can find it, but I'll try to find the link where he says "at first."
>>
>>1074409
>clearly state that I am a woman
>"man crush"
>>
>>1073566
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TofNjIjt0TQ

Dude made a follow-up

Out of 25 people only 1 exclusively used English, and only 4 used partial (read, barely) english. None actively refused it.

:')
>>
>>1074585
That "dude" isn't the guy who made the original video you numbnuts. He was just forced to make a video like this showing cherry picked anecdotal evidence because he is relying on Patreonbux and most of his Patreons are obviously weaboos (i.e. you).
>>
>>1074585
Literally shilling to the max.

If you notice, they've responded Japanese mostly to the almost Asian looking one.

They responded to the black woman in English a lot, she had to tell them she speaks Japanese (practically beg them) to improve her stats.

And the ugly white guy gets ignored overall, good.
>>
>>1072341
Yeah, he can, everyone can if they try hard enough.
Yeah he's just another weaboo, i am too, but damn, at least visit the damn place before daydreaming about this shit.
>>
>>1074613
LITERALLY WHAT THEY SAY THEMSELVES IN THE COMMENTARY VIDEO TOO!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtptV8JAc8k

>they only responded to her so much to Japanese because she looks Japaneser!!!

WEABOO = REKT BY HIS OWN VIDEO!
>>
That's weird, Seeroi says that 250k yen is the bare minimum, but my studentbro was living in Tokyo for 2 years and he said that on average he spent 150k yen per month.

Who's in the right here?
>>
>>1075154
Living in some shithole near the railroad or a shithole in a suburban area with extra funds sent by hopeful mom & dad != living in a shithole in some relatively normal area of Tokyo.
>>
What kind of name is "Seeroi" anyway? It's a fake surname isn't it? No way anyone actually has such an ugly ass name in America.
>>
I have lived in Japan going on 5 years working for an international intellectual property firm.

>Seeroi

Certainly more intelligent and respectable than the likes of Ryan Boundless, but still follows the pattern of the weeaboo career English teacher who is extremely bitter about Japan but STAYS ANYWAY. I have *no patience* for these dipshits.

Maybe it's the fact that I'm a "normie" who harbored no weeaboo fantasies prior to coming to Japan, or that the fact that I make more money than an English teacher does (though I'm not loaded), but after half a decade in Japan I can say that I am not fed up, I don't find Japanese people intolerable, etc.

Japan certainly has its problems. I would not want to a be a woman here. Its culture of pedophilia is disturbing. But at the end of the day what place doesn't have its bad points.

When he says bullshit like DID U KNOW JAPAN ACKSHUALLY ISNT SO SAFE?? I CRUSH UR DREEMZ!! XD" I just roll my eyes.

He seems like just a sad person overall who has a lot of regrets and now just kind of tries to gloss over it with a veneer of snark and scapegoating Japan. If he's truly an alcoholic who went to AA in Japan and he's not just exaggerating to be edgy and for theatrics, I truly feel sorry him, and that kind of says a lot about what the real problem is.
>>
>>1075597
Actually, Lian, king of /jp9k/ is moving back to America now. He's going to live in an RV and live on the dole. That will show the evil Japanese society that mistreated him so much!
>>
>>1075498
No shit muthafucka no lame ass blogger is going to use his real name, especially if working in Japan
>>
>>1075607
I wonder where he got "Seeroi" from. It sounds like some kind of SEA name.
>>
>>1075597
>When he says bullshit like DID U KNOW JAPAN ACKSHUALLY ISNT SO SAFE?? I CRUSH UR DREEMZ!! XD" I just roll my eyes.

Nice strawman. That's the one thing that they never say. Japan is safe, they all agree.

However, they also all agree that the Japanese are extremely racist (non stop micro-aggressions) and will never accept you as one of them. Even if you make a Japanese friend they will always treat you as an outsider and never let you into their family in example.
>>
>>1076230
Seeroi actually made a post about it not being safe.

And as for "not accepting you as one of them"

Why would anyone be bent out of shape about this? You wanna be Japanese or something? What are you, Ken-sama?
>>
>>1076243
>Seeroi actually made a post about it not being safe.
Link or didn't happen.

Ken-sama = weaboos who think that Japan isn't a racist hellhole.
>>
>>1076270
II'll try to dig it up later. Why are you so tenacious about defending lame ESL lifer bloggers? Just curious. I think its one person ITT who is doing it.
>>
Japan is ok for being a tourist in it, but no normal person from the West has lasted living there, uninterrupted, for more than two decades.
Thread replies: 155
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.