[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Procastinating
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8
File: Lucifer_Liege_Luc_Viatour.jpg (661 KB, 1181x1920) Image search: [Google]
Lucifer_Liege_Luc_Viatour.jpg
661 KB, 1181x1920
>Tomorrow I will start drawing again, tomorrow I will start drawing again but I never do it
>I still browse /ic/ all the time
>For some reason I still consider myself an artist

12 years and going on

Any other lazy piece of shit like this? I mean, 12 years must be some kind of record
>>
>>2483500
I haven't drawn in 2 days and I feel super guilty. I am watching all the Indiana Jones right now. Can't decide if I will draw today...
>>
>>2483500
i even don't have any excuse
>>
>make plans on what to draw/study during the weekend
>actually have time to draw atm while planning
>drop everything and just draw because shit will probably just get in the way later

Know thyself OP
>>
>>2483500
So get off the computer and draw, have some self control you fuck.
>>
File: 1383353509511.png (33 KB, 236x236) Image search: [Google]
1383353509511.png
33 KB, 236x236
>>2483500
That describes me better than I'd like to admit. But yeah.
I did recently get into sketching and painting again though, the biggest obstacle so far is my overwhelming urge to stab myself for all the time I've wasted as soon as I put the pencil to paper.
>>
File: 1421835243782.png (2 MB, 1065x902) Image search: [Google]
1421835243782.png
2 MB, 1065x902
>mfw I spend more time downloading refs and pose pics and shit instead of drawing
>Literally spend an hour a day downloading NMA entire image library
>feels bad man
>>
File: 1446445206554.jpg (20 KB, 382x361) Image search: [Google]
1446445206554.jpg
20 KB, 382x361
Every time I procrastinate for even 10 minutes, I hear Feng Zhu's voice saying "you're falling behind, anon." It's autistic but it keeps me from putting off daily practice.

ps like right now. he said it in my head right now.
>>
>>2483543

Thats a very common mistake. Feng Zhu talks about it in here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3Al7QAS89s

Only look for refs or poses that you specifically need.

I do about 5 and half hours a day of drawing and studying, but I do not count watching tutorials or looking for pictures in the 5 and half hours. I time myself and stop the clock if I'm not actively doing something
>>
>>2483500
I'm six years behind you.
>>
Man I totally feel you. There was a time when I drew every day, It's kinda embarrassing to admit but I was really proud of myself for that. But then I had a couple bad days where I didn't draw much. I took a day off, then a few days, then a week, and so on...

I'm just now trying to get back into it but it's really discouraging to come back to it and notice that my skills have diminished. I guess I better not stop this time.
>>
>>2483500
I draw regularly but sometimes I draw half an hour, another day 3 hours, and some days 8 hours. It all depends on other obligations and the general mood.

You can't force creativity or willpower to engage in drawings/paintings art in general, otherwise it's just mindless mass production on a line, dime a dozen.
>>
>>2483500
do you guys set yourself a schedule?
>>
How good are you OP? Please share pic.
>>
>>2483549
>>2483573

That feel when Feng Zhu is really spiritual vampire making his podcasts to hypnotize hapless victims and to open them to possession so he can continue living forever and drinking ink from pens of other artists.
>>
>>2484796
No, I just remember to draw throughout the day. I sleep with all my studies at my head so it's on my mind even when sleeping.
>>
Twelve fucking years? Are you serious? Goddamnit man get your shit together
>>
>take off semester neet
>collecting shit ton of book pdf
>not drawing at home
>go to drawing place(artlier)
> wake 15 hour only draw 4 hour
>>
>>2484778

Your skills will get back up to snuff quite quickly (far more quickly than it took to get there in the first place) as long as you haven't been off the wagon for years. You're just rusty.
>>
>>2483500
If only there were an ongoing challenge on this board dedicated to not breaking the streak of drawing every day.
>>
>>2483504
Join LAS.
>>2483207
>>
>>2483549
That's a good thing to have.
>>
>>2483500
just start drawing every day atleast 30min per day, after 30days it becomes routine, you will stop thinking like
>tommorow i will draw
instead it will be like
>i have free time right now, time for some anatomy study
>>
File: image.jpg (67 KB, 500x666) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67 KB, 500x666
DONT LET YOUR DREAMS BE DREAMS.

(Actually Shia gets me painting everyday. Thanks Metamodernic thought)
>>
you're just afraid fo failure OP. You just have to understand that failing is part of the process.

Read this article :
http://www.blenderguru.com/articles/9-artistic-lessons/
>>
File: 1460095328390.jpg (161 KB, 737x1024) Image search: [Google]
1460095328390.jpg
161 KB, 737x1024
>>2483500
U just described how it feels to not have the spark
>>
>>2487246
OP here, at least I have the triple meme muscle on my wrist. Does that count?
>>
You can go from zero to making a living within 3 years op. I'd argue you don't really want to make it (or make art)
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (10 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
10 KB, 480x360
>>2483500
Tomorrow ill...
>>
File: twolinehorrorstory.jpg (131 KB, 640x875) Image search: [Google]
twolinehorrorstory.jpg
131 KB, 640x875
>>
>>2487280
No
>>
same, im keeping it at bay peer presuring me and saying mean things to me if i dont study it kind of works
>>
There periods where I draw if it depends on my life. forgets to takes breaks or take care of myself. it always end up i get burned out and procrastinate.
>>
Sometimes you just need help from an outside source or other person
>>
>>2483500
So do it right now, faggot. don't wait till tomorrow
>>
>>2483500
>draw daily for months at a time
>take breaks on occasion
>move back home from college
>can't draw anymore

I'm at about 2 years now. It makes me sad because I can't encourage myself to draw even when I look through my old sketchbooks. It's just gone. Thankfully I don't do it for a living.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.