[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Drawing I SFUCKING IMPOSSIBLE HOW DO YOU PEOPLE FUCKING DO IT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: tumblr_o0zaz0TGD61s4v84ho1_1280.gif (161 KB, 700x750) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o0zaz0TGD61s4v84ho1_1280.gif
161 KB, 700x750
Drawing I SFUCKING IMPOSSIBLE
HOW DO YOU PEOPLE FUCKING DO IT
I"VE BEEN READING ALL THOSE HOW TO DRAW BOOKS AND IT AINT WOKRING
>>
>>2442730
>>
>>2446081
>I"VE BEEN READING
cool, now draw diligently for a couple of years
>>
>>2446081
Try doing what you see on each page instead of reading them.

I would recommend to start with a real book like Scott Robertson - How to Draw (not now to draw on the left half of your ass) after that you will be ready to start studying humans by Michael Hampton.
>>
>>2446081
>I"VE BEEN READING ALL THOSE HOW TO DRAW BOOKS AND IT AINT WOKRING

You problem lies somewhere in that quote, I won't tell you because I am not about to spoonfeed you. I minimized the post to get you closer to where you problem lies, that's as far as I am going to help you.
>>
>>2446081
>I"VE BEEN READING ALL THOSE HOW TO DRAW BOOKS AND IT AINT WOKRING

keep reading brah, after you've read books for a few years it'll start clicking and boom -> maestro level draftsman
>>
Hey guys, will i get as good as this guy if i finish an art school in paris?
>>
>>2446081
Its easy to whine.
>>
>>2446090
this tbrh
>>
Draw what you want as well as study what the books tell you.

If you want to draw anime, then just draw the fuck outta anime. Use the time you're drawing what you want to apply things you wouldn't usually do. Construct your favorite character using shapes before detailing them. Draw them in odd perspectives. Draw them in odd poses that you don't see in them often. Then study those pieces to find the problem, because there's a lot. Even drawing point to point and tracing will give you problems to consider.

And consider you will. Find the points that are most painful to you and study it. Use the books as you draw.
Drawing is as much problem solving as it is developing a skill. If you're naturally bad at problem solving, then it's a factor of learning that as well as developing a skill. That's why a lot of people don't make it. They think it's all about the skill when you also need the right mindset and discipline for it.
>>
>>2446081
>HOW DO YOU PEOPLE FUCKING DO IT
start drawing since childhood helps
>>
>>2446081
What's the source for that gif?
>>
>>2449684
seconded, what da source OP?
>>
>>2449684
>>2450223
This guy was hard to find. Googling the file name gave me this twitter acct name: たるたる (@stairs2line)
>>
>>2446081
fuck all these people, OP. Try squinting while you draw. It helps you recognize shapes and lines as figures and forms. Helps the right side of the brain in some strange way.
>>
>>2450278
OP just doesn't have the spark
>>
>>2446081
This is (not) a troll
>>
File: kurt copain.jpg (39 KB, 687x901) Image search: [Google]
kurt copain.jpg
39 KB, 687x901
>>2446081
Practice gets u gud. Hell, I've been drawing for years and still have a LOT of room for improvement. Long hours with a pencil and paper are the only way to get better man.
>>
File: scotch-shot-glasses-2152221.jpg (41 KB, 287x413) Image search: [Google]
scotch-shot-glasses-2152221.jpg
41 KB, 287x413
>>2446081
have a whisky
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.