[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I drew this on a random spur of inspiration the other day.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: _20160220_221100.jpg (2 MB, 2861x3727) Image search: [Google]
_20160220_221100.jpg
2 MB, 2861x3727
I drew this on a random spur of inspiration the other day.

When I was young used to enjoy drawing but I was never that good at it and I never really practiced basics. I haven't really drawn anything in years and did this very spontaneously.

Did it turn out OK? It looks pretty decent to me and it's tempting me to start drawing more regularly.
>>
>>2408336
no, it most definitely didn't turn out "ok"

its time to read some books
>>
>>2408342
for someone with no practice at any point in their life? i didn't even have an idea of what i wanted to draw i just felt like drawing some super hero thing.
>>
>>2408348
What that anon said was not wrong, it definitely isn't ok at all, it's terrible
-skewed perspective
-no textures
-terrible linework (chicken scratches)
-the 'animu' art style
-hideous anatomy
-3edgy5me character design

But if what you said is true, that you've never drawn for several years since your were young (specify age), then it's a fairly decent attempt.
>>
fuckin dyin rn, his arms dont even look attached, but its a decent enough attempt if u havent drawn jackshit for years
>>
>>2408336
Beginner thread m8

Also read the sticky

Where the fuck is that hand coming from? Your perspective is fucked. The body isn't at the correct angle to have that hand and arm be that close to the viewer.

Everything is pretty flat. You have nearly nothing that indicates form... pure symbol drawing (fingers read well but are still just symbols)

That all said, you have hope. It looks like you have some sense of your form in space, even if it's mostly incorrect. But it will be a long path if you want to git gud.
>>
>>2408364
well ok, i know it's bad i just wanted to know if anyone saw any promise in it. i know that the perspective is wack and i know that the lines are awful (i did it using .5 and .7 mm lead mech pencils because that's all i had handy). i knew the anime art style would get flak but i wouldn't know how to draw anything else since i used to like manga when i was a kid. i don't really know what's edgy about the character design though, i was just drawing some random superhero like thing.

i'm 19 by the way. i am still young obviously but i mean i haven't drawn anything since like early middle school.

>>2408369
yeah i feel you, his left arm especially i could not figure out how to salvage, haha.

>>2408375
yeah sorry, i noticed that thread after i posted this, i just wanted some opinions, i'm pretty much lost on this board lol.

yeah the hand is supposed to be at his hips in some martial art type stance,but i kind of decided on the angle as i went along so it turned out just there lol.

i don't know what you mean by "nothing that indicates form".

thank you for your replies and the kind words.
>>
>>2408383

Google "Drawabox" and start at the beginning. (seriously, even-though it's tedious as fuck)

Visit the book thread and grab some... Right Side is a good start, so is Keys to drawing. >>2365106

Keep posting what you do in the beginner thread. People will tell you everything you do from here on out is shit. It is, don't worry about it (mine is too)... just keep drawing.
>>
>>2408336
Have faith my friend, it's garbage, but I do see potential. Keep at it. Chase that good feel of creating something that you think is cool. Keep impressing yourself and eventually other people will think it's cool too.
>>
File: 1437588888115.png (292 KB, 1064x1053) Image search: [Google]
1437588888115.png
292 KB, 1064x1053
>>2408336
>haven't drawn for years
>does something spontaneously
>expect it to turn out okay
At least it's not Dunning-Kruger, I'll give you that.
If you want to draw some shonen shit, go check out Yusuke Murata's studies
>>
>>2408383
>>i don't know what you mean by "nothing that indicates form".

noun: form; plural noun: forms -
the visible shape or configuration of something.

The subject you're drawing is presumably 3-dimensional, it has volume, it has form. You mainly drew an outline of it and colored it in. This does not indicate how it's oriented in space or how close or far away it is. (you do have a few contours that use overlap, so it's not entirely flat... just mostly)
>>
Why are there so many incompetent narcissists on this board who make their own threads for their crap art?

>>>Beginner Thread
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.